PDA

View Full Version : Is there anything that will stop you from buying NCAA 12?

jaymo76
03-12-2011, 12:36 PM
I suspect that 100% of the members of this community will buy NCAA 12 regardless of the additions. However, is there anything that would keep you from purchasing NCAA 12? Personally I love NCAA 11 and I am very, very happy with the game. I still have a ton of fun. Yes, there are other things I want but if they are not in NCAA 12 I could possibly be okay with not purchasing the game....???...

For me I really need to see two major additions for NCAA 12.

1. Custom playbooks
2. Coaching carousel

.... at the very least I NEED one of these two features. If I don't get either of those, the additions to the NCAA 12 edition just may not justify a purchase because as I say I am very happy with NCAA 11 and I am looking for something to really add to the replayability of the dynasty mode.

I would love to see:

1. FCS schools
2. Dynamic commentary
3. an ESPN stlye gameday show / halftime show / weekly wrap-up show
4. dynqamic rivalries

Would one some or all of these additions justify a purchase? Yes, I suspect they would for me. I just don't want NCAA 12 to be a letdown after such a stellar performance with NCAA 11. We have precendent with Madden 10 and Madden 11. After a massive improvement with Madden 10 there was minimal info realeased with Madden 11 and then... colossal letdown.

A lot of people suspect that based on the limited information released, RTG will be the major focus this year. If RTG gets love but not dynasty... that would surely not justify a purchase from me. I don't play the mode and have zero interest in it. I am 100% offlien dynasty and I suspect I always will be.

So, are there any potential deal-breakers for you or will you buy regardless???

steelerfan
03-12-2011, 03:21 PM
If I win a copy (like I did with Madden 11), I won't buy it. Otherwise, I'm in. :nod:

JeffHCross
03-12-2011, 03:21 PM
So, are there any potential deal-breakers for you or will you buy regardless???If Powerhouse decided to stay with 11, I'd stay. Otherwise, I'm guaranteed to purchase :)

HawkFan
03-12-2011, 04:04 PM
Yeah, I have bought every game dating back to the Bill Walsh days, never missed a single one, so no there is nothing that will stop me from buying it. From playing it a ton, sure there are too many things to mention that will stop me from playing it a ton and going back to 11.

Kwizzy
03-12-2011, 06:11 PM
First of all I will buy the game no matter what. With the progress made in '11 and the quality game it was i think EA has earned the benefit of the doubt with '12 for me. I will say that improvements I would like to see to feel fully justified in spending my $60 would be: Defensive Improvements (especially in coverage), continued improvements in the animations etc.... and hopefully custom playbooks. Other than those things there really aren't any MUST haves for me.

*On second thought, I will say that I NEED to see the issues with online fixed. Our OD fell apart because no one could connect with one another and I know several other people have had issues as well.

souljahbill
03-13-2011, 09:28 AM
I'd be seriously surprised if coaching carousel was in '12. I'd love to be wrong but I think custom playbooks will come before that. Carousel seems to be a bigger undertaking to implement (considering it completely changes how dynasty mode operates) and my gut tells me that '12 will be more evolution then revolution.

And the only thing that would prevent me from buying a copy is a lack of money (or getting it for free).

JeffHCross
03-13-2011, 10:15 AM
This question is inspired by something I saw on Operation Sports a while back ... is there a level of the forthcoming conference expansion / changes that NCAA didn't have that would prevent you from buying the game?

For example ... if they didn't have the 2011 football changes (Boise to MWC, Nebraska to Big Ten, etc), for whatever reason, would that stop you? What about 2012's changes (i.e. TCU to Big East, Nevada/Fresno to MWC, etc)? Would it ruin Dynasty if 2012's changes didn't happen automatically?

steelerfan
03-13-2011, 11:09 AM
This question is inspired by something I saw on Operation Sports a while back ... is there a level of the forthcoming conference expansion / changes that NCAA didn't have that would prevent you from buying the game?

For example ... if they didn't have the 2011 football changes (Boise to MWC, Nebraska to Big Ten, etc), for whatever reason, would that stop you? What about 2012's changes (i.e. TCU to Big East, Nevada/Fresno to MWC, etc)? Would it ruin Dynasty if 2012's changes didn't happen automatically?

For me, no. But I'm certain most would be PISSED. I can't imagine the 2011 changes, at least, not being in. That might not even be an option as the Big XII, for example, may sue if Nebraska and Colorado were still in. LOL.

jaymo76
03-13-2011, 11:40 AM

I can live without the 2012 changes but it's inexcusable for the changes this coming year because they are so major and it will fundamentally change several conferences.

JeffHCross
03-13-2011, 11:46 AM
Don't get me wrong, I think it would be inexcusable as well, and I can't imagine a reason why they wouldn't have all the changes for 2011 in. I just threw that out there to see comments.

Coachdenz
03-13-2011, 03:47 PM
I'd be seriously surprised if coaching carousel was in '12. I'd love to be wrong but I think custom playbooks will come before that. Carousel seems to be a bigger undertaking to implement (considering it completely changes how dynasty mode operates) and my gut tells me that '12 will be more evolution then revolution.

And the only thing that would prevent me from buying a copy is a lack of money (or getting it for free).

I just dont see coaching carousel happening, don't know why I think that either.

RTG
Defensive improvements
custom Playbooks (maybe)

if RTG gets revamped, very doubtful anything "Major" will be brought in as a feature. Major meaning something new like coaching carousel. It's to the point for me, that if it doesnt make it in this year, let's not even put in the the tourney next year.....because it's a lost cause.

steelerfan
03-13-2011, 04:27 PM
It's to the point for me, that if it doesnt make it in this year, let's not even put in the the tourney next year.....because it's a lost cause.

I hear what you're saying, but I disagree. I'm a strong supporter of things like a carousel and Special Teams Improvements. If they don't make the cut in 12, I'm gonna continue to tell whoever will listen that I want them in.

JeffHCross
03-13-2011, 05:36 PM
Same here.

jaymo76
03-13-2011, 05:58 PM
I hear what you're saying, but I disagree. I'm a strong supporter of things like a carousel and Special Teams Improvements. If they don't make the cut in 12, I'm gonna continue to tell whoever will listen that I want them in.

I agree. I want carousel because of the game changing potential it has. However, I NEED custom playbooks to get back to the greatness of last gen.

Coachdenz
03-13-2011, 07:47 PM

I'm a strong supporter also, but but asking for something like coaching carousel each year and then not getting it because of other things or not enough dev hours is starting to be dishearting. Especially when they know know what we want. Hey maybe I'm wrong
and we get Coaching Carousel (cause I'm wrong a lot) but at this time I say it's a very slim to none chance we get that feature. Hey custom playbooks and improved Defense and I'm happy and I could not give a Fu#k about RTG.

steelerfan
03-13-2011, 08:59 PM
I'm a strong supporter also, but but asking for something like coaching carousel each year and then not getting it because of other things or not enough dev hours is starting to be dishearting. Especially when they know know what we want.

I hear ya, I guess I just have a "I'm not going away" attitude, lol.

Coachdenz
03-13-2011, 09:11 PM
I hear ya, I guess I just have a "I'm not going away" attitude, lol.

keep up the good fight.

texacotea
03-14-2011, 08:50 AM
Im with Coach on this. we have been asking for coaching carousel for 2+ yrs and CH had in 4yrs ago and done it well.

morsdraconis
03-14-2011, 09:13 AM
And I completely agree as well and why I said a while back, if it doesn't have Coaching Carousel as well as Custom Playbooks, I'd be VERY displeased with this coming year's iteration of that game (unless there is a SIGNIFICANT culture change to how defense and offense is done, which I highly doubt will ever happen with this generation's game).

HawkFan
03-14-2011, 12:21 PM
I would love to have coaching carousel, if it's not in this years game I will be a little disappointed. But I will be very disappointed if the defense does not get an overhaul and if custom playbooks are not in the game. I also want to see some improvements to recruiting and updates to online dynasty, Specifically that coaching contracts are in online dynasty, the team pitches are fixed in it as well, job offers, conference invites, and tweaks to recruiting.

psusnoop
03-14-2011, 12:58 PM
I'm with Steelerfan, I'm in no matter what.

JBHuskers
03-14-2011, 12:59 PM
I'm with Steelerfan, I'm in no matter what.

Ditto.

Kingpin32
03-14-2011, 03:11 PM
At first I was against the Carousel being in, simply because there wouldn't be real coaches, but after playing CH a hell of a lot more right now, I don't think you should have a college sports game that doesn't have it. Coaches retire, assistants moving up should all be in it.

But if it wasn't, that wouldn't stop me from buying as long as Powerhouse is still going.

whitepony99
03-14-2011, 04:25 PM
I would buy it no matter what too.

gigemaggs99
03-14-2011, 05:09 PM
yes, if the truck going to gamestop doesn't make it on time to let me pick up my pre-ordered copy

JBHuskers
03-14-2011, 05:34 PM
yes, if the truck going to gamestop doesn't make it on time to let me pick up my pre-ordered copy

:D exactly!

Coachdenz
03-14-2011, 07:36 PM
I'm going to buy it as long as I'm alive.......I'm a mindless whore when it comes to college football and this is our only real choice. Shiny light Shiny light.:drool:

I'm just saying I give up on what they put in the game, doesnt really matter to me anymore, that and Tiger Woods is coming out in a few weeks.

JeffHCross
03-14-2011, 07:41 PM
Im with Coach on this. we have been asking for coaching carousel for 2+ yrs and CH had in 4yrs ago and done it well.College Hoops had coaching carousel eight years ago -- they never had a version of College Hoops that didn't have it. Their entire Dynasty Mode was built around Coaching Carousel. That's a completely different situation than trying to insert a coaching carousel (which NCAA has never had) into the existing framework of Dynasty Mode.

Don't get me wrong, I want it too, and I want it badly. But it's apples and oranges to point at College Hoops and say "They did it!"

jaymo76
03-14-2011, 07:59 PM
College Hoops had coaching carousel eight years ago -- they never had a version of College Hoops that didn't have it. Their entire Dynasty Mode was built around Coaching Carousel. That's a completely different situation than trying to insert a coaching carousel (which NCAA has never had) into the existing framework of Dynasty Mode.

Don't get me wrong, I want it too, and I want it badly. But it's apples and oranges to point at College Hoops and say "They did it!"

I think the bigger APPLES TO ORANGES is 2k versus EA. 2K has IMO always been more about the all around experience and making the game feel as "real" as possible. EA tends to be more about the actual individual game experience and less about dynasty and the all around experience.

JeffHCross
03-14-2011, 08:14 PM
True. I've made arguments along those lines before. 2k often goes for splashy features that make big waves but have a tendency to crash down on the surfer ;)

AustinWolv
03-15-2011, 10:35 AM
I'll be very disappointed if the gameplanning power-up gimmick is still in the game. If they keep it, it needs to be retooled completely.

coogrfan
03-15-2011, 01:10 PM
The only thing that could keep me from buying the game would be the removal of roster editing. If that day ever comes, I'm out.

JBHuskers
03-15-2011, 01:13 PM
The only thing that could keep me from buying the game would be the removal of roster editing. If that day ever comes, I'm out.

Yeah that will kill the franchise.

Kwizzy
03-15-2011, 01:14 PM

I seriously doubt that will ever happen. If anything, I think it will go the other direction. With all of these players wanting a cut for EA using their likenesses I would be willing to bet the default rosters become less authentic with more customization possible (and necessary) by the community.

steelerfan
03-15-2011, 01:23 PM

You know, as pissed as I'd be, I'd still buy it. I'd be less likely to know as many players when watching real games, which would make me less likely to watch games of little importance or of little interest to me.

gschwendt
03-15-2011, 01:24 PM
I seriously doubt that will ever happen. If anything, I think it will go the other direction. With all of these players wanting a cut for EA using their likenesses I would be willing to bet the default rosters become less authentic with more customization possible (and necessary) by the community.Agreed... at worst I imagine what would happen is that EA gives very generic rosters that are created to reflect a team's strengths but not the players themselves but then also give the community a better way to manage rosters.

steelerfan
03-15-2011, 01:26 PM
Agreed... at worst I imagine what would happen is that EA gives very generic rosters that are created to reflect a team's strengths but not the players themselves but then also give the community a better way to manage rosters.

Which would be to the detriment of the online community (not that I care). I lean towards believing that if EA loses in court, the ability to edit rosters will be taken away by court order.

gschwendt
03-15-2011, 01:30 PM
You know, as pissed as I'd be, I'd still buy it. I'd be less likely to know as many players when watching real games, which would make me less likely to watch games of little importance or of little interest to me.
I agree with that... between Fantasy Football and football video games, I learn much more about the players around the country than if I were left to find them on my own.

Kwizzy
03-15-2011, 01:43 PM
Which would be to the detriment of the online community (not that I care). I lean towards believing that if EA loses in court, the ability to edit rosters will be taken away by court order.

I would imagine they would then try to implement some sort of system that allowed users with the same roster file to play with that roster file online. maybe...?

steelerfan
03-15-2011, 02:15 PM
I would imagine they would then try to implement some sort of system that allowed users with the same roster file to play with that roster file online. maybe...?

You're probably right, but my biggest fear would make that impossible too (no editing ability).

CLW
03-16-2011, 10:15 AM
Guys if EA loses in court their only option would be waivers from players agreeing that their "likeness" can be used in the video game. This could be required by the NCAA and/or EA could simply send forms out to all the players saying IF you want to be in the game sign here. If not you won't be in the game.

SmoothPancakes
03-16-2011, 10:47 AM
Defense Overhaul and at least some new features or upgrades/changes in dynasty. If they completely ignore Dynasty like they did Franchise in Madden 11, and they don't overhaul defense like they did offense in NCAA 11, then I would at least be tempted to pass. I am a 100% dynasty player. I don't play RTG AT ALL except to get the achievements for it completed, and I have not played a single game of NCAA online since 08. I play dynasty and nothing else. So I need to see at least a couple changes or new things in dynasty to put me in the 100% gonna buy it no matter what category.

cdj
03-16-2011, 12:57 PM
I'll be buying no matter what, but that makes sense for an admin on an NCAA Football community site to buy it, right? :P

I'm with SP though - I'm always looking for improvement in Dynasty Mode each and every year. Something in Dynasty, improved gameplay (particularly on defense) are my big items I'm hoping they knock out. Holding out hope for Coaching Carousel though...

morsdraconis
03-16-2011, 02:10 PM
The addition of Coaching Carousel would be so flippin' huge... Man...

HawkFan
03-16-2011, 02:52 PM
The addition of Coaching Carousel would be so flippin' huge... Man...

+1000, I was trying to tell my brothers about it through text last night and they did not get what I was trying to say. Finally told them to go rent college hoops and tell me what they thought of the coaching in dynasty or legacy or whatever it's called. They both have sent me a text since saying, now that would be sweet, and why has NCAA football not incorporated that already.

oweb26
03-16-2011, 02:54 PM
I only look for dynasty upgrade as well, as a online dynasty player only I think thats all I really care about. I guess without some sort of non-gimmicky improvement I woudl pass.

steelerfan
03-16-2011, 03:09 PM
I'll be buying no matter what, but that makes sense for an admin on an NCAA Football community site to buy it, right? :P

I may put this in my signature. :D :D :D :D Well played, sir! :nod:

JBHuskers
03-16-2011, 03:50 PM

So easy a caveman can figure it out.

Coachdenz
03-16-2011, 08:33 PM
dreads are in the game, do we really need anything else?

jaymo76
03-17-2011, 12:24 AM
Defense Overhaul and at least some new features or upgrades/changes in dynasty. If they completely ignore Dynasty like they did Franchise in Madden 11, and they don't overhaul defense like they did offense in NCAA 11, then I would at least be tempted to pass. I am a 100% dynasty player. I don't play RTG AT ALL except to get the achievements for it completed, and I have not played a single game of NCAA online since 08. I play dynasty and nothing else. So I need to see at least a couple changes or new things in dynasty to put me in the 100% gonna buy it no matter what category.

You're preaching to the choir brother! Those are my thoughts exactly.

JerzeyReign
03-17-2011, 05:46 AM
I really doubt they will regress so its a buy for me. Plus, I enjoy my OD I'm with and we're still going strong.

CLW
03-17-2011, 09:32 AM
dreads are in the game, do we really need anything else?

Bowl Patches; Mouth pieces; Ability to change shoe lace colors and better wind socks!

Coachdenz
03-17-2011, 10:45 AM
Bowl Patches; Mouth pieces; Ability to change shoe lace colors and better wind socks!

Damn I forgot those, no way in hell I'm buying without those features!!!!:)

steelerfan
03-17-2011, 11:37 AM

Yeah, the wind sock logic is sub-standard in it's current state. It ruins the game for me.

Kwizzy
03-17-2011, 11:44 AM
I'm hoping mascot mode got some major upgrades or else EA can go to hell!!!! :D

JBHuskers
03-17-2011, 12:11 PM

They better get the physics with the wind socks right this year dammit!

Coachdenz
03-17-2011, 04:48 PM
If they leave these guys out of Bryant Denny again, piss on the game, no way I'm buying

http://www.resumedesign.com/kratoville/jackjr/images/rolltide.jpg

section UU seat 45 and 46 just in case EA looks

;)

JeffHCross
03-17-2011, 08:29 PM
dreads are in the game, do we really need anything else?The NCAA announced some time recently that non-gray gloves will be allowed starting in 2011. Apparently all gloves have been required to be gray for some number of years. Long story short, I expect this will be the next "dreads".

steelerfan
03-17-2011, 10:50 PM
The NCAA announced some time recently that non-gray gloves will be allowed starting in 2011. Apparently all gloves have been required to be gray for some number of years. Long story short, I expect this will be the next "dreads".

It may be, but it doesn't have the staying power. Dreads were actually tricky for them to put in since the model's had no head under their helmets. I wouldn't expect that changing colors on anything presents the same challenge. However, it may be fun if we're "stuck" with gray gloves for a few years, lol.

jaymo76
03-18-2011, 08:48 PM
They better get the physics with the wind socks right this year dammit!

Pffff... never gonna happen until they get a new engine...

CLW
03-19-2011, 10:40 AM
If they leave these guys out of Bryant Denny again, piss on the game, no way I'm buying

http://www.resumedesign.com/kratoville/jackjr/images/rolltide.jpg

section UU seat 45 and 46 just in case EA looks

;)

Don't forget these fans too....

http://grub.gunaxin.com/wp-content/gallery/sterger_fsu_cowgirls/sterger_fsu_cowgirls-10.jpg

JeffHCross
03-19-2011, 10:45 AM
Please, forget those. They're more overdone than #winning. :nod:

Iron Dragon
03-19-2011, 02:55 PM
I buy it every year because even though I get mad at the game, I always seem to be able to play it right again the next day. Obviously coaching carousel and more features would keep me addicted.

ram29jackson
03-21-2011, 06:21 AM
odds are it will be better than madden. And I was angry this year that I really didnt get into any leagues/ dynasties because my mind was elsewhwhere because of life in general. I wanted to get into a created school one and a straight one or two because the main reason I came here was to finally play the great gschwendt after watching his youtube vids for years before I understood this whole online thing.

steelerfan
03-21-2011, 06:54 AM
odds are it will be better than madden.

Is there any doubt? Not for me. NCAA > Madden, no question!

skipwondah33
03-21-2011, 02:33 PM
I'll more than likely get it again this year to get my NCAA fix. Not having alot of time with it because my newborn and some things in the game I didn't care for caused me to lose interest early for 11'.

Hopefully some issues are fixed. I cannot stand the gameplan/strategy feature at all.

JeffHCross
03-21-2011, 06:56 PM
I cannot stand the gameplan/strategy feature at all.I wouldn't expect practically any changes to the fundamental feature itself. Maybe some tweaks to how well it works, similar to how it changed from 10 to 11. But they're certainly not getting rid of it.

skipwondah33
03-22-2011, 09:29 AM
I know but I just hate the idea of it. Being able to tell your team to aggressively do something is doodoo lol

JeffHCross
03-22-2011, 05:59 PM
I know but I just hate the idea of it. Being able to tell your team to aggressively do something is doodoo lolI know we've already had this discussion once in Powerhouse ... but why? Coaches instruct players all the time to "go for the big hit", "go for the strip", "go for the pick", or, as you see every week on NFL Primetime, "KNOCK IT DOWN!". That's gameplanning.

ram29jackson
03-22-2011, 06:43 PM
I know we've already had this discussion once in Powerhouse ... but why? Coaches instruct players all the time to "go for the big hit", "go for the strip", "go for the pick", or, as you see every week on NFL Primetime, "KNOCK IT DOWN!". That's gameplanning.

its more ridiculous button mashing you need to remember to do. If they actually made the players ratings matter, that is all thats need to make the game play more realistically. I've hardly ever used it anyway..I also noticed that if you are messing around playing the game by yourself and switch sides a couple times. The AI always decides to put zones on aggressive practically all the time...and I never used loose zones. Whats the point when zones are already too loose ?

JeffHCross
03-22-2011, 07:35 PM
its more ridiculous button mashing you need to remember to do. If you say so. Most games I set it at the beginning of the game and never touch it afterwards. Besides, his objection was against "being able to tell your team to do something aggressively", not the actual interface.

The AI always decides to put zones on aggressive practically all the timeThat's interesting, since EA has said that the CPU doesn't have access to the gameplan settings.

Whats the point when zones are already too loose ?Prevent D?

jaymo76
03-23-2011, 12:25 AM
I don't mind game planning but I think there needs to be more to it re: situations.If you're going to do it then don't go half way~ more scenarios, more options, more reactions, etc. If it's going to be a feature then make it a full fledged feature.

ram29jackson
03-23-2011, 12:44 AM
If you say so. Most games I set it at the beginning of the game and never touch it afterwards. Besides, his objection was against "being able to tell your team to do something aggressively", not the actual interface.
That's interesting, since EA has said that the CPU doesn't have access to the gameplan settings.
Prevent D?

well, I'm not the one putting zones to aggressive so it has to be the AI, and i'm surprised you may not have noticed that already.

the game already is set to prevent D with ineffective zones haha in a video game sense it doesnt help nor is it necessary

skipwondah33
03-23-2011, 08:13 AM
I know we've already had this discussion once in Powerhouse ... but why? Coaches instruct players all the time to "go for the big hit", "go for the strip", "go for the pick", or, as you see every week on NFL Primetime, "KNOCK IT DOWN!". That's gameplanning.

Yes but that should not be able to be done across the board. Players awareness should matter in a situation such as that as to how effective they are if including that. You should not be able to tell and have your ENTIRE team be able to jump the snap, go for interceptions, make big hits, etc. Not everyone has the skill set to be able to do those things just because they are told. Big hits don't happen by everyone on the team. Sure every player has their day and will make a big hit but generally it is done by a select few on a consistent basis. Strip tackling is also an art sort of speak, not everyone can do it to a science. And batting the ball down in a late game hail mary type sitution yes but you shouldn't need to tell players to do that and again their awareness should factor into that. I mean honestly why would you need to tell your players to aggressively block?..I don't know how else you would block not needing to be told or to instantly go for the big hit. Thats the nature of football, players go for the big hit when they have the chance, then you have players how always go for the big hit any moment they can. Don't need a gimicky feature to accomplish that, just make the ratings/awareness matter more.

I just feel its a handicap for the AI.

psusnoop
03-23-2011, 08:19 AM
I use game planning quite a bit actually. I use it for situations as well. I have in the past just done what Jeff said he does and set it and let it, but recently I have switched up from that and mix it up depending on the down and distance. I'm still trying to see a difference but there are so many factors in deciding if it is helping or not that I'm not sure you can pin point one particular thing as to "helping". I do know for sure that it gets me more involved in the game and that is kind of what EA is looking for in my opinion.

3rd and 4, your defense is giving up big chunks on the ground. The offense comes out in a 4wr set, you call 3-2-6 Man cover 2 with your MLB blitzing. I quickly go to gameplan and set DLine to aggressive (I hope it would help on a draw or counter), I press my DB's (to mess up the timing), I set everything else to aggressive EXCEPT big hits (only because I don't want a broken tackle here) and I roll the dice. Sometimes it works great, other times I get beat but I know that for that play I was "into the game".

To each his own really, I've just tried over the years to get as much as possible out of the game as I can and find as much fun in doing this that I don't see myself changing anytime soon.

psusnoop
03-23-2011, 08:32 AM
Yes but that should not be able to be done across the board. Players awareness should matter in a situation such as that as to how effective they are if including that. You should not be able to tell and have your ENTIRE team be able to jump the snap, go for interceptions, make big hits, etc. Not everyone has the skill set to be able to do those things just because they are told. Big hits don't happen by everyone on the team. Sure every player has their day and will make a big hit but generally it is done by a select few on a consistent basis. Strip tackling is also an art sort of speak, not everyone can do it to a science. And batting the ball down in a late game hail mary type sitution yes but you shouldn't need to tell players to do that and again their awareness should factor into that. I mean honestly why would you need to tell your players to aggressively block?..I don't know how else you would block not needing to be told or to instantly go for the big hit. Thats the nature of football, players go for the big hit when they have the chance, then you have players how always go for the big hit any moment they can. Don't need a gimicky feature to accomplish that, just make the ratings/awareness matter more.

I'll argue the jump snap with just a tidbit from a bowl game 2 years ago. PSU VS LSU, when PSU got down inside the 10yd line LSU all of a sudden jumped the snap numerous times as a team and caused havoc on PSU. Forcing PSU to settle for FGs. You could literally see LSU jumping the snap and causing problems.

Big Hits, I'm positive that I have about 6 guys maybe 7 of my starting 11 that CAN'T lay a big hit on anyone. Their attributes are just way to low in that area, and almost always results in a broken tackle. I have and will continue to use it given the right situation but it is something that only certain players can and will do.

The Aggressive Block is something that I think they should switch the name from. I mean you have block left, block right, Pinch, then Aggressive. For me Aggressive only mean to block straight down field not to do it more aggressively. For every single run play that I run I change where I'm directing my offensive line. More recently I've enjoyed the pinching of my Oline as it seems to open of some nice holes to break through.

Just some thoughts, and when I was talking about my team it was the Powerhouse team of mine with PSU.

steelerfan
03-23-2011, 08:32 AM
I don't think any coach has ever said, "forget whether or not you make the tackle, go for a BIG HIT"!

I see Game Planning as 50% realistic and 50% ridiculous.

I'd rather not have it. It mostly leads to cheese/exploits IMO.

psusnoop
03-23-2011, 08:41 AM
I don't think any coach has ever said, "forget whether or not you make the tackle, go for a BIG HIT"!

I see Game Planning as 50% realistic and 50% ridiculous.

I'd rather not have it. It mostly leads to cheese/exploits IMO.

Can I ask which ones you feel lead to cheese and exploits?

skipwondah33
03-23-2011, 08:45 AM
I'll argue the jump snap with just a tidbit from a bowl game 2 years ago. PSU VS LSU, when PSU got down inside the 10yd line LSU all of a sudden jumped the snap numerous times as a team and caused havoc on PSU. Forcing PSU to settle for FGs. You could literally see LSU jumping the snap and causing problems.

Big Hits, I'm positive that I have about 6 guys maybe 7 of my starting 11 that CAN'T lay a big hit on anyone. Their attributes are just way to low in that area, and almost always results in a broken tackle. I have and will continue to use it given the right situation but it is something that only certain players can and will do.

The Aggressive Block is something that I think they should switch the name from. I mean you have block left, block right, Pinch, then Aggressive. For me Aggressive only mean to block straight down field not to do it more aggressively. For every single run play that I run I change where I'm directing my offensive line. More recently I've enjoyed the pinching of my Oline as it seems to open of some nice holes to break through.

Just some thoughts, and when I was talking about my team it was the Powerhouse team of mine with PSU.

But still it shouldn't be able to be called upon on a consistent basis to jump the snap. Hell one of the best in the game of football at jumping the snap Dwight Freeney can't even do it whenever he wants, but 5-6 guys can just because of a switch?

Just because they can't big hit someone doesn't mean the feature is null, but setting the feature ensures that all 11 will try. Even if it results in a broken tackle the fact you can tell them and they actually try despite their ratings saying they absolutely blow at it..is crazy.

edit: I think we're confused on something. I'm not talking about the o-line audibles. I was talking about the game strategy or whatever its called. Where you can go set your line to block harder or longer...by setting that to aggressive

psusnoop
03-23-2011, 08:53 AM
But still it shouldn't be able to be called upon on a consistent basis to jump the snap. Hell one of the best in the game of football at jumping the snap Dwight Freeney can't even do it whenever he wants, but 5-6 guys can just because of a switch?

Just because they can't big hit someone doesn't mean the feature is null, but setting the feature ensures that all 11 will try. Even if it results in a broken tackle the fact you can tell them and they actually try despite their ratings saying they absolutely blow at it..is crazy.

I honestly have never went back and looked at which plays I've set it to see if it happens everytime. I know you get the pop up that says so, but that doesn't mean it does. I'd like to see if it actually happens or not everytime. This would be something to see on a video just to see if when you set it does your guys jump the snap everytime, sometime or just occasionally. I think this would be interesting to see.

The big hits, I guess I'm not seeing guys attempt a big hit as much as you. Now I use the hit stick to tackle and get them that way but I don't see it from the AI very often at all.

skipwondah33
03-23-2011, 09:00 AM
The big hits, I guess I'm not seeing guys attempt a big hit as much as you. Now I use the hit stick to tackle and get them that way but I don't see it from the AI very often at all.

And thats more understandable because you as the user are making that happen which does take skill...although you shouldnt be able to blast someone with a DB who can't hit/tackle worth a damn consistently but its still better than being able to tell the AI to do it.

I know its apples to oranges but I can't even accomplish big hits consistently with James Harrison or Ray Lewis (in my league) and thats letting the AI do it or me trying to do user big hit. Of course it helps that they changed the suction hit sticks from years past

psusnoop
03-23-2011, 09:11 AM
I started using the hit stick to primarily tackle towards the latter part of NCAA 2010. It has helped me tremendously with this years game, but I still have problems with hitting it to soon it is a lot better then diving into the open air.

skipwondah33
03-23-2011, 09:17 AM
I honestly don't know if anyone uses the actual tackle button to tackle. I use either or depending on the given situation.

morsdraconis
03-23-2011, 09:38 AM
I occasionally use the tackle button, especially when I'm trying to take a player down that's trying to break through a tackle.

As for the topic of the gameplanning settings, I think they're crap. Being able to just switch jumping the snap on or off is just ridiculous (especially since it works every time). And big hitting is just as ridiculous. Makes the game feel like an arcade game instead of a football simulation.

CLW
03-23-2011, 10:31 AM
Can I ask which ones you feel lead to cheese and exploits?

There are several exploits in the gameplanning.

#1 there is NOTHING negative (that I have found) by setting d-line to aggressive. They NEVER jump offside and jump the snap perfectly every single snap.

ram29jackson
03-23-2011, 10:44 AM

#1 there is NOTHING negative (that I have found) by setting d-line to aggressive. They NEVER jump offside and jump the snap perfectly every single snap.

on or offline? I believe online if a guy makes a fake snaps/hikes/snap it draws aggesive set players offsides regularly

psusnoop
03-23-2011, 11:26 AM

Like Ram stated, online if you set to aggressive and the opponent fake snaps you will jump and if the opponent hikes it you will get flagged for offside. Happens so much that a patch was needed because once this happened I think it continued to happen even when that person went back from aggressive to normal.

Mors, I know that it flashes up there that you "jumped the snap" but I haven't seen anything to suggest that this actually happens everytime on each and every play either. That is what I was talking about when I was saying I think someone should do a lab seeing just how often the DLine jumps the snap.

Lets say it is 3rd and 2 and you call for a 3-4 pinch blitz. Should your players be aggressive at the snap or what for it? This is where setting things to aggressive to really react to the snap is something that I think EA was trying to do. I think they want the players on that type of down and distance and play to really be aggressive, I want my defense to be really aggressive in that situation as well. I should be able to tell them to go after it. But if it is 2nd and 8 I wouldn't ever set my DLine to aggressive because it would be a crap shoot as to what play is coming. But like I said earlier, I'd like to see some videos if this actually happens all the time or just occasionally.

ram29jackson
03-23-2011, 11:52 AM
I hated it even if I did it accidently to an opponent

explanation- pulling camera back to look at set play before you snap- sometimes online the camera sticks when you back up and the only way to get it back down/close is to call the fake snap (circle button) I dont want my opponent to think i'm doing it on purpose or trying to be annoying...maybe not the topic but just an additional thought

skipwondah33
03-23-2011, 12:09 PM
Lets say it is 3rd and 2 and you call for a 3-4 pinch blitz. Should your players be aggressive at the snap or what for it? This is where setting things to aggressive to really react to the snap is something that I think EA was trying to do. I think they want the players on that type of down and distance and play to really be aggressive, I want my defense to be really aggressive in that situation as well. I should be able to tell them to go after it. But if it is 2nd and 8 I wouldn't ever set my DLine to aggressive because it would be a crap shoot as to what play is coming. But like I said earlier, I'd like to see some videos if this actually happens all the time or just occasionally.

I think they should do that anyway..of course not all the players should be able to execute but atleast try it without a gimmicky feature having them do it. That brings me back to making ratings actually matter and putting alot more emphasis on awareness in my mind. And the thing is how you described doing it isn't what everyone does. Hell if you can get your d-line to jump the snap and be aggressive at doing it 75% of the time, why not leave it on all the time type deal.

I would like to see the game have individual players AI adapt and adjust. If your opponent keeps snapping soon as they get to the line or have a 2-3 second pause before snapping, then your players adapt and adjust automatically based on their awareness...thus possibly allowing them to jump the snap or something. I don't know anything but flipping a setting and watching more positive than negative happen.

psusnoop
03-23-2011, 12:56 PM
I think they should do that anyway..of course not all the players should be able to execute but atleast try it without a gimmicky feature having them do it. That brings me back to making ratings actually matter and putting alot more emphasis on awareness in my mind. And the thing is how you described doing it isn't what everyone does. Hell if you can get your d-line to jump the snap and be aggressive at doing it 75% of the time, why not leave it on all the time type deal.

I would like to see the game have individual players AI adapt and adjust. If your opponent keeps snapping soon as they get to the line or have a 2-3 second pause before snapping, then your players adapt and adjust automatically based on their awareness...thus possibly allowing them to jump the snap or something. I don't know anything but flipping a setting and watching more positive than negative happen.

Skip I like that idea of having the AI adapt to the snap counts during the game. That is a neat little different angle that I never heard or thought about before really.

I also can see and understand your point about the players should do this anyways but I just don't see how this would get programmed into the AI. I would think this would be hard to pull off and work correctly.

Yes most people do not use it the way I do, but I truly think that is how it was designed to be used. Not just set and left, but used for a situational purpose that one changes in between plays.

psusnoop
03-23-2011, 12:59 PM
I hated it even if I did it accidently to an opponent

explanation- pulling camera back to look at set play before you snap- sometimes online the camera sticks when you back up and the only way to get it back down/close is to call the fake snap (circle button) I dont want my opponent to think i'm doing it on purpose or trying to be annoying...maybe not the topic but just an additional thought

I probably try a fake snap once in a while just to see if my opponent has his DLine set aggressive for that play. It might work every other game or so. I do use it against the computer because they use it ALOT.

steelerfan
03-23-2011, 01:13 PM
ram, IIRC, you can make the camera go back to normal by pressing the camera button a second time. At least I think you can.

skipwondah33
03-23-2011, 01:15 PM
I also can see and understand your point about the players should do this anyways but I just don't see how this would get programmed into the AI. I would think this would be hard to pull off and work correctly.

Yes most people do not use it the way I do, but I truly think that is how it was designed to be used. Not just set and left, but used for a situational purpose that one changes in between plays.

I think they could implement it, but instead they put features like run commit and aggressive jump snap because well those are easier to put in I would imagine.

I'm sure everyone who is not a lobby type player uses it how you described it. I know that is how it was used by everyone I played in Powerhouse. And that isn't a problem really, it would just be better if the game was designed to take care of it by itself. Then there are those who set the "good" things to aggressive and leave it. And by "good" things I mean, go for interceptions, aggressive d-line, etc.

In the end they have to make this game appeal to everyone, not just a group.

ram29jackson
03-23-2011, 01:57 PM
ram, IIRC, you can make the camera go back to normal by pressing the camera button a second time. At least I think you can.

i'm sure I tried it multiple times...dont you think I would use the same button? honestly, its happened multiple times to me online and that was how i solved it

steelerfan
03-23-2011, 02:21 PM
dont you think I would use the same button?

Honestly, I have no idea wtf you would do. I don't think anyone does.

skipwondah33
03-23-2011, 02:42 PM
Happens in Madden also. All I do is hot route a player then it goes back for me

JeffHCross
03-23-2011, 07:27 PM
ram, IIRC, you can make the camera go back to normal by pressing the camera button a second time. At least I think you can.You're right, 80% of the time. There's a bug where the camera sometimes gets stuck, and the only way to revert it is to fake snap.

Also, good discussion guys. This is exactly what I was hoping to see after I responded to skip's comments.

well, I'm not the one putting zones to aggressive so it has to be the AI, and i'm surprised you may not have noticed that already.I didn't say I didn't notice anything -- I see the CPU going for strip ball, and seeming to do it at different times during the game rather than an overall plan. But EA has said that the CPU doesn't have access to Gameplan -- and I may or may not fully believe that. Hence why what you found is 'interesting'. :)

Yes but that should not be able to be done across the board. Players awareness should matter in a situation such as that as to how effective they are if including that. You should not be able to tell and have your ENTIRE team be able to jump the snap, go for interceptions, make big hits, etc. Not everyone has the skill set to be able to do those things just because they are told.

I just feel its a handicap for the AI.Maybe. But what you're basically saying is that "Balanced" needs to be better. I agree. I should be able to set it to "Balanced" and have DBs go for the swat or the pick depending on their ratings. And I agree that it doesn't happen as much as it should -- in fact, it seems like if I leave Pass Defense "Balanced" then they just don't do anything. But, I also think you're incorrect to categorize it as "your ENTIRE team". If I set Pass Defense to Aggressive, that tells my team to go for the pick. That doesn't mean they'll make it. In fact, with my current OD team and the lackluster pass defense, more often than not they MISS the pick and give up a big pass instead.

I won't disagree that Jump The Snap is fundamentally broken -- it is, and it should either be fixed or just removed. But it also doesn't mean that every player on the D-line is jumping the snap on every play. Based on my analysis, one maybe two players are able to do so on a given play -- that's still more than probably should be able to, but it's a far cry from having every lineman doing it.

Skip's idea about players adapting to the snap count is actually similar to something I have thought of. Hopefully EA comes up with something that works without feeling cheap -- both for the positive outcome and the downside.

In summary, "Balanced" settings need to be better -- yes. But that doesn't mean that gameplanning is a broken or unrealistic feature.

ram29jackson
03-23-2011, 08:05 PM
Honestly, I have no idea wtf you would do. I don't think anyone does.

I wasnt trying to be rude. Simply saying I tried what I thought is the correct button in the first place

skipwondah33
03-25-2011, 08:32 AM
Maybe. But what you're basically saying is that "Balanced" needs to be better. I agree. I should be able to set it to "Balanced" and have DBs go for the swat or the pick depending on their ratings. And I agree that it doesn't happen as much as it should -- in fact, it seems like if I leave Pass Defense "Balanced" then they just don't do anything. But, I also think you're incorrect to categorize it as "your ENTIRE team". If I set Pass Defense to Aggressive, that tells my team to go for the pick. That doesn't mean they'll make it. In fact, with my current OD team and the lackluster pass defense, more often than not they MISS the pick and give up a big pass instead.

I won't disagree that Jump The Snap is fundamentally broken -- it is, and it should either be fixed or just removed. But it also doesn't mean that every player on the D-line is jumping the snap on every play. Based on my analysis, one maybe two players are able to do so on a given play -- that's still more than probably should be able to, but it's a far cry from having every lineman doing it.

Skip's idea about players adapting to the snap count is actually similar to something I have thought of. Hopefully EA comes up with something that works without feeling cheap -- both for the positive outcome and the downside.

In summary, "Balanced" settings need to be better -- yes. But that doesn't mean that gameplanning is a broken or unrealistic feature.

I never said that they would all be successful at doing just by setting it to aggressive, but the fact that everyone on the team attempts to is problematic IMO. So you switch the setting to aggressive thus telling all 11 (7 or 8) to go for interceptions, whether they are actually able to remains to be seen, but you just assured they will try. That shouldn't need to be done by some a feature but rather done by the players themselves if they can actually make an interception or play great coverage...or the ball is erratically thrown. If it doesn't have a positive success rate then what is the point of using it at all?

Same goes for jump the snap. Setting that tells your D-line to jump the snap in which you will get atleast one player jumping the snap or two as you said....thats BS and again that should be a skill or something a player adapts/adjusts to not just because you as the coach said "jump the snap" aggressively. We agree on that though.

If balanced needs to be better then the feature is broken and the idea of telling and having your entire team attempt something depending on what setting you set them at is unrealistic IMO.

What difficulty setting do you play on? Wish I still had the game, I could show you how utterly unrealistic gameplanning is on Heisman.

jaymo76
03-25-2011, 02:47 PM
Heard an interesting response at OS. Some people are questioning whether NCAA 12 will have custom playbooks or NOT. The people saying no are arguing that "120 ways to win" is totally oppsed to custom playbooks???

steelerfan
03-25-2011, 03:36 PM
Hmm. I guess it's a "wait and see" with CP. Who knows? I just hope there are a few big adds for 12. I'll get it anyway, but some of the items that went deep in the tourney would really make me happy.

jaymo76
03-25-2011, 05:11 PM
Hmm. I guess it's a "wait and see" with CP. Who knows? I just hope there are a few big adds for 12. I'll get it anyway, but some of the items that went deep in the tourney would really make me happy.

Well just imagine though... improved defense combined with NCAA 11 gameplay pre tuner 1 with even more enhanced presentation and then throw in custom playbooks and coaching carousel... WOW!

steelerfan
03-25-2011, 06:46 PM
Well just imagine though... improved defense combined with NCAA 11 gameplay pre tuner 1 with even more enhanced presentation and then throw in custom playbooks and coaching carousel... WOW!

That has a nice ring to it! :nod:

ram29jackson
03-25-2011, 09:08 PM

they've already proven that they don't pay that much attention to detail in large increments.

JeffHCross
03-25-2011, 09:14 PM
Way to have optimism, ram ;)

ram29jackson
03-25-2011, 10:24 PM

look, like i said before, i realize its just a game and try to have fun with it the way it is without trying to over analyze it.

but I am an adult as well with critical thought abilities. I am fully aware that EA just wants yes-men from the sites they advertise on like OS or game review sites or they wont give freebies to the site owners or invite them to check out the game.

I know they let you guys in on some of it, like last years madden promo. I think thats cool and hope my honesty doesnt offend. i would hope I just dont have to post cute -EA is cool- posts just to come here and see whats going on with the game? This site isnt as childish as OS and I got banned from OS as well as the site you guys left (NCAA strategies). It was early in my internet forum exploration before i decided what and what not to take seriously when it comes to posting stuff for strangers on forums.

all I'm saying is, from past experience, NCAA will squeeze out a couple feature things but I doubt the game will have a noticeable difference in on field game play and player movement and logic etc.

if they do..that would be great ! I just think their track record doesnt promote the optimism.

and i'm still unemployeed and not happy about much of anything.

JeffHCross
03-25-2011, 11:00 PM
I think thats cool and hope my honesty doesnt offend. i would hope I just dont have to post cute -EA is cool- posts just to come here

if they do..that would be great ! I just think their track record doesnt promote the optimism.No offense taken. Last thing I want is a bunch of yes men on this site, or any other. I think my track record has proven that. I guess I'm just thinking that NCAA 11 showed that they do have the ability to throw a lot into one title. We'll see about 12.

Nothing but a good-natured ribbing.

Jayrah
03-28-2011, 04:40 AM
Sorry lot of thoughts and quotes here, I'm late to this party apparently :P

Well they coach for this stuff in practice. Not so much during the game, as instincts should take over.

I don't mind game planning but I think there needs to be more to it re: situations.If you're going to do it then don't go half way~ more scenarios, more options, more reactions, etc. If it's going to be a feature then make it a full fledged feature.

In the end they have to make this game appeal to everyone, not just a group.

So the way to do all this and appeal to the crowd is to implement something we've been thinking about for over a year now: Pregame Scouting/Gameplanning!
Instead of generalizing a group of players to be more aggressive at once during the game, take in pregame. Start by at least giving us a break down by percentage of how a team reacts offensively and defensively in play calling for down and distance (1st, 2nd, 3rd down--1-4 yds to-go, 5-10 yds to-go, 10+ yds to go) and allow us to decide before the game how we want to attack each of these situations by changing only 1 gameplanning feature per situation for our team to be set to. *If and when coaches are added, give us "scouting coaches" to assess the other teams situations, strengths and weaknesses. Each scouting coach would have a scouting rating, the better the rating, the more accurate their info. Just like any coach, if they're good enough or you have an amazing season and earn a lot of gameplanning points for doing well with your gameplan, this would include the better chance they'll move up the ranks to a better school or to the NFL.

OR

Implement an in-game planning system that allows you to take a specific position (DT, DE, MLB, OLB, CB, S) and plan only 1 group per drive to do something for that entire drive, while allowing you 1 other group per play (reset to balanced at the end of the play). At the beginning of the ensuing drive, all your gameplanning should be reset to balanced. Additionally, awareness needs to play a part in whether or not your players understand your gameplan, meaning they need to be of more awareness to execute your "style" of planning on a consistent basis. A low rated player could still execute, but not nearly as often as a highly aware player.

Either of these would give a fresh take to the gameplanning feature, from both the ncaa franchise series to all other gameplanning in other sports such as the 2k NBA "team focus" for short periods of game time.

look, like i said before, i realize its just a game and try to have fun with it the way it is without trying to over analyze it.

but I am an adult as well with critical thought abilities. I am fully aware that EA just wants yes-men from the sites they advertise on like OS or game review sites or they wont give freebies to the site owners or invite them to check out the game.

I'm not sure this is fully the case anymore. It seems maybe a bit of a trend that they are looking for critical analysis. I think some ncaa blog sites want yes-men, but the developers want to sell their game. Realizing that we will help them do that is critical to their survival, and I'd imagine football is a more "hardcore fan" sport than others. There's so much that goes into football, that it's impossible that they'll ever get it all in, but the closer they get to the real thing, the more fans will buy in, even if they aren't a member of a site. Of course there will always be the need to appeal to the non hardcore community, but overall football is an intricate sport with intricate fans that want to see the game as they do on Saturdays. I think '11 took a gigantic leap in that direction, contrary to you, and there is even better to come this year I think. :))

JeffHCross
03-28-2011, 07:10 PM
Well they coach for this stuff in practice. Not so much during the game, as instincts should take over.They should, but that doesn't mean coaches don't take every opportunity to remind a player. Plus, even NFL players make the mistake of not batting a ball down when the situation dictates.

jaymo76
03-29-2011, 11:56 AM
So the way to do all this and appeal to the crowd is to implement something we've been thinking about for over a year now: Pregame Scouting/Gameplanning!
Instead of generalizing a group of players to be more aggressive at once during the game, take in pregame. Start by at least giving us a break down by percentage of how a team reacts offensively and defensively in play calling for down and distance (1st, 2nd, 3rd down--1-4 yds to-go, 5-10 yds to-go, 10+ yds to go) and allow us to decide before the game how we want to attack each of these situations by changing only 1 gameplanning feature per situation for our team to be set to. *If and when coaches are added, give us "scouting coaches" to assess the other teams situations, strengths and weaknesses. Each scouting coach would have a scouting rating, the better the rating, the more accurate their info. Just like any coach, if they're good enough or you have an amazing season and earn a lot of gameplanning points for doing well with your gameplan, this would include the better chance they'll move up the ranks to a better school or to the NFL.

Well stated. I agree.

skipwondah33
03-29-2011, 11:58 AM
Definitely, great points Jay

jaymo76
04-02-2011, 08:18 PM
I know it's minor but I hope they bring back the no TV coverage component to NCAA 12. Idaho Vandals for example should have to earn their TV time. You can keep the ESPn overlays but mute the announcers like they did in NCAA 10 et al.

SmoothPancakes
04-02-2011, 09:11 PM
I know it's minor but I hope they bring back the no TV coverage component to NCAA 12. Idaho Vandals for example should have to earn their TV time. You can keep the ESPn overlays but mute the announcers like they did in NCAA 10 et al.

Amen. I started up a VCU dynasty in NCAA Basketball 09 last weekend, and while it took me a bit to get used to, I love playing unimportant games and having only the crowd and the arena announcer for noise and not having a full broadcast team.

jaymo76
04-02-2011, 10:33 PM
Amen. I started up a VCU dynasty in NCAA Basketball 09 last weekend, and while it took me a bit to get used to, I love playing unimportant games and having only the crowd and the arena announcer for noise and not having a full broadcast team.

Yeah NCAA BASKETBALL 09 does a great job of presentation WITHOUT announcers. It sounds great just hearing the crowd and the arena music and feeling so pumped when you finally earn a televised game.

SmoothPancakes
04-03-2011, 01:34 AM
Yeah NCAA BASKETBALL 09 does a great job of presentation WITHOUT announcers. It sounds great just hearing the crowd and the arena music and feeling so pumped when you finally earn a televised game.

Yeah, it really becomes a special thing when you get that televised game and broadcast team when you go 95% of the season without one, as opposed to having one every single game.

Jayrah
04-04-2011, 01:59 AM
Oh and to answer the question: After last year's jump in gameplay, NO WAY will anything keep this from being a release day or pre-order item for me, as it was last season. Madden I couldn't find it in me to do last year, but ncaa hit the gas petal and I still believe they're full speed ahead.

griffin2608
04-21-2011, 09:31 PM
I was not overly impressed last year but I did buy the game after a rental. 09 left a bad taste in my mouth. This year looks promising so I am still on the fence. Once all the details come out about dynasty come out. Dynasty is all I play ( off-line ) so that will be the deal breaker. IMO something has to be done with coaching. Trying to play multiple years of a dynasty with the same coaches and playbooks for teams who have sucked for years is just dumb. Especially in cfb where coaching and styles are so important and in real life changes happen all the time. I know it's been said many times but college hoops was the best college sports game ever and I have been spoiled by it. If coaching carousel or something resembling it is almost a must for me to buy.

Pig Bomb
04-21-2011, 10:33 PM
If the computer "knows your play" again this year... as a substitute for real adaptive AI [that was supposed to be in the game 2 years ago I believe] I doubt I will purchase the game. I play exclusively offline these days and it's just too easy to hammer the computer when they call defense based on the play I call in the huddle vs. down, distance, tendancies, and team strengths and weaknesses.

The alternative is for me to self impose a bunch of limitations and restrictions on the way I play which in the end, is not fun.

Side notes:
Custom playbooks announced is exciting. Now I can truly run my WolfBone offense!
Better zone defense is also great news...I hope it works and doesn't open an entirely new can of worms.
Any word on if the psychic [break before the receiver] corner backs are gone??
I'd also love to see the crowd waaay louder and more reactive to what's happening on the field.

ram29jackson
04-21-2011, 11:00 PM

I know they let you guys in on some of it, like last years madden promo. I think thats cool and hope my honesty doesnt offend. i would hope I just dont have to post cute -EA is cool- posts just to come here and see whats going on with the game? This site isnt as childish as OS and I got banned from OS as well as the site you guys left (NCAA strategies). It was early in my internet forum exploration before i decided what and what not to take seriously when it comes to posting stuff for strangers on forums.

all I'm saying is, from past experience, NCAA will squeeze out a couple feature things but I doubt the game will have a noticeable difference in on field game play and player movement and logic etc.

if they do..that would be great ! I just think their track record doesnt promote the optimism.

and i'm still unemployeed and not happy about much of anything.

they've already proven that they don't pay that much attention to detail in large increments.

well, we still got to see this first hand, but

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzYpADZiv00

JeffHCross
04-21-2011, 11:02 PM
:D :D :D :D :D

:nod:

ram29jackson
04-21-2011, 11:19 PM
:D :D :D :D :D

:nod:

alright, alright, I'm just glad i said that last month instead of a week ago

souljahbill
04-22-2011, 11:18 AM
Death

ram29jackson
04-22-2011, 01:23 PM
Death

ultimately, I hope some negative aspect of life doesnt get in the way of enjoying this fun sports game. For the first time in years, I may not actually buy Madden. The other sports games arent that good for head to head online as NCAA is for me.

jaymo76
04-22-2011, 02:30 PM
Just based on presentation and custom playbooks, I'm in. I want CC but based on that OS post I feel as though it's a no go for this year. I was also dissapointed to hear there will be no college gameday. However, with custom playbooks that will be enough for me to get by.

JeffHCross
04-22-2011, 06:33 PM
jaymo, be curious to hear your thoughts on this. What do you want in terms of "College Gameday"? I loved in back on last gen ... but I also loved College Gameday. I'm finding myself watching less and less of it, and I'm not sure if I think something like mascot-heads for every game would actually fit anymore (though I suppose it would fit in the same universe where Brad Nesslar does every game). So at this point I'm not even sure I'd want what we had on PS2.

I guess what I'm getting at is I'm curious what you're actually wanting. Is Corso or a Mascot Head the tipping point? Is it the pre-game analysis? Or are you wanting a College Hoops-esque cutscene where we see the guys sitting at a desk?

jaymo76
04-22-2011, 07:25 PM
jaymo, be curious to hear your thoughts on this. What do you want in terms of "College Gameday"? I loved in back on last gen ... but I also loved College Gameday. I'm finding myself watching less and less of it, and I'm not sure if I think something like mascot-heads for every game would actually fit anymore (though I suppose it would fit in the same universe where Brad Nesslar does every game). So at this point I'm not even sure I'd want what we had on PS2.

I guess what I'm getting at is I'm curious what you're actually wanting. Is Corso or a Mascot Head the tipping point? Is it the pre-game analysis? Or are you wanting a College Hoops-esque cutscene where we see the guys sitting at a desk?

Yeah the mascot head thing got old. Personally I would love more discussion of the actual game, the teams, season records, hot streaks, cold streaks, etc. Ultimately if I had my way I would most like to see a weekly wrap-up show going over say the top 5-10 games of the week and any other pertinent news. I know historically EA has struggled with this but it's pretty much a staple of 2k gaming. For me the game experience is just as important as the gameplay. If I can't get immersed in the experience then I just don't have the interest.

Over the past few years (since next gen) I just am not as in to what else is happening around me. I used to spend hours just going through scores, stats, injuries, etc. Since next gen I have stopped doing that. I really want to get back into the type of experience again. The last time I felt that was way 06 on PS2.

ram29jackson
04-22-2011, 10:51 PM
I would never get tired of "MASCOT HEAD THING" Corso is hilarious.....and hopefully doing well

souljahbill
04-22-2011, 11:53 PM
So, how exactly would College Gameday/Weekly Wrap-Up show work? There are a lot of variables in dialogue that have to be accounted for, especially if they talk about the top 5-10 games of the week. I can't see how that won't get stale like all the other commentary. I never played a 2K game. Is there video of these shows and was it still fresh 3-4 seasons into their franchise mode. I remember Madden had a radio show hosted by some guy inside dynasty mode a few years back. How did that pan out? I never played that particular Madden game so I don't know.

JeffHCross
04-23-2011, 08:39 PM
The Madden radio show was decent, but I think they recorded a ton of audio for it. 2k got a little stale, but it was easier to overlook. Every week, they would show highlights from big games (usually highlights generated on the fly to represent something in the game, not a real play that happened), award a Player of the Week, and hype some upcoming matchup. A lot of the filler and generic stuff was common and repeated, but since the content itself was actually changing, I was willing to overlook. It's like on PS2 when Kirk and Lee would highlight a player ... the players would often be doing the same set of animations from week to week, but if you highlight a different player from time to time, it feels more "new".

I mean, not even the real Brad Nesslar doesn't repeat himself ...

souljahbill
04-24-2011, 08:06 AM
The Madden radio show was decent, but I think they recorded a ton of audio for it. 2k got a little stale, but it was easier to overlook. Every week, they would show highlights from big games (usually highlights generated on the fly to represent something in the game, not a real play that happened), award a Player of the Week, and hype some upcoming matchup. A lot of the filler and generic stuff was common and repeated, but since the content itself was actually changing, I was willing to overlook. It's like on PS2 when Kirk and Lee would highlight a player ... the players would often be doing the same set of animations from week to week, but if you highlight a different player from time to time, it feels more "new".

I mean, not even the real Brad Nesslar doesn't repeat himself ...

I just looked up some videos on YouTube and that weekly show was actually pretty good. It was odd that there usually was a player who had a 50+ yard catch as they're only stat. I really liked the week's injuries part (I always like to see if the injury-to-weeks missed is realistic). Did it generate the highlight based off of the scoring summary or did the highlights repeat themselves eventually?

JeffHCross
04-24-2011, 12:52 PM
I have no idea what you're talking about, soulja. If you're talking about Madden, I didn't play much of that version (or any version, really), so I can't say.

The 2k* weekly show generated highlights based on the scoring summary. I didn't notice much repetition, but occasionally it would show a highlight of the game I had just played and show a play that absolutely did not happen during that game. That actually killed the immersion factor for me.

souljahbill
04-24-2011, 12:58 PM
I have no idea what you're talking about, soulja. If you're talking about Madden, I didn't play much of that version (or any version, really), so I can't say.

The 2k* weekly show generated highlights based on the scoring summary. I didn't notice much repetition, but occasionally it would show a highlight of the game I had just played and show a play that absolutely did not happen during that game. That actually killed the immersion factor for me.

I looked up the 2K NFL show with Chris Berman. Sorry for being unclear.

JeffHCross
04-24-2011, 01:02 PM
I looked up the 2K NFL show with Chris Berman. Sorry for being unclear.Ah. I really have no idea about that. Only played the 2k football games before 2k8 a handful of times.

jaymo76
04-24-2011, 01:46 PM
Ah. I really have no idea about that. Only played the 2k football games before 2k8 a handful of times.

Jeff, the 2k5 Berman Show is hands down the best presentation sports package ever! Yes, frankly it was/is that good. I don't play 2k anymore becuase the graphics/uniforms/rosters et al are just too out-of-date (well that and I don't have 360 anymore to play it). However, if EA/tiburon TRIED FOR SOMETHNIG SIMILIAR I would be very, very happy.

steelerfan
04-24-2011, 03:41 PM

Actually, 2k's show for CH2k8 was extremely repetitive with highlights. They'd also show a guy who only hit 1 3-pointer making like 4 or 5 etc. The generic, cutscene highlights, poor commentary and overall repetitive nature of the show makes me not want anything like it for NCAA. I think the CH2k8 show is another example of gamers remembering things better than they were. The only episode worth watching was the Selection Show. I'd be good with NCAA having a Bowl/BCS Bowl selection show, but a weekly show would suck (see Madden's Extra Point[less]). The Tony Bruno Radio BS on Madden last gen got lame quick too, IMO.

Cipher 8
04-24-2011, 09:28 PM
2. Coaching carousel?
What is this again?

JeffHCross
04-24-2011, 09:56 PM
What is this again?Here's the description from the Community Wishlist Tournament:

In the last fifteen years, all but one program (Penn State) has had to look for a new head coach to try and lead their program to the top of the college football world. Accordingly, some in the NCAA Football community have asked for a coaching carousel similar to that found in 2K Sports’ now-defunct College Hoops franchise. Each coach would have different ratings (OFF, DEF, ST) that would increase (or retard) progress on that side of the ball and also catch the ire of recruits at certain positions. Over time, these coaches would leave for jobs at other schools, get fired, or retire. The pool would constantly be replenished by assistant coaches who would have the same attribute ratings affecting players & teams.

Jayrah
04-25-2011, 05:55 PM
Actually, 2k's show for CH2k8 was extremely repetitive with highlights. They'd also show a guy who only hit 1 3-pointer making like 4 or 5 etc. The generic, cutscene highlights, poor commentary and overall repetitive nature of the show makes me not want anything like it for NCAA. I think the CH2k8 show is another example of gamers remembering things better than they were. The only episode worth watching was the Selection Show. I'd be good with NCAA having a Bowl/BCS Bowl selection show, but a weekly show would suck (see Madden's Extra Point[less]). The Tony Bruno Radio BS on Madden last gen got lame quick too, IMO.

Commentary would not be easy for this. However a weekly "College Gameday" would still be amazing (even without any commentary). Would do something like showcase a National ESPN Game of the Week, each conference's Game of the Week and Upset Alert including Kirks/Lee's picks, key injuries for the week, top 5 signed recruits and of course the top 25 and BCS rankings. It could be a flashy upgrade to the current dynasty wire and could be seen in offline dynasty as well.

rocketorangemen
04-25-2011, 11:35 PM
I am aware that the game is coming out in a couple of months, but I wish that EA would take more time on RTG mode. NBA 2K11 is one of the best games that I have ever played and if EA doesn't notice, what makes the game so good is the My Player mode. They took time because they know that sports games get old after a few weeks or months but if you have a person who you can make a career out of, then it is fun. Franchise mode and dynasty mode get old after a while because it is the same year after year. Dynasty is just controlling the same team and people leave after about 3 years anyway. Whereas in RTG mode, you are able to make a career out of a person who most people make as themselves (name and information). You should be able to control something involving your player and not just click buttons. And I hope the people at EA at least look into this and make the RTG mode more elaborate and well thought out than just a mode that you click on and play until Madden 12.

JBHuskers
04-26-2011, 12:13 AM
Yeah My Player was a lot of fun, until after the first season and you could sign with anyone you wanted to. That's about the only thing that drove me nuts about that mode.

steelerfan
04-26-2011, 12:50 AM
Yeah My Player was a lot of fun, until after the first season and you could sign with anyone you wanted to. That's about the only thing that drove me nuts about that mode.

So nuts that you immediately left Indiana for Boston.:rolleyes::fp::bang::down::sick::smh::mad:: D

Jayrah
04-26-2011, 11:49 AM
I am aware that the game is coming out in a couple of months, but I wish that EA would take more time on RTG mode. NBA 2K11 is one of the best games that I have ever played and if EA doesn't notice, what makes the game so good is the My Player mode. They took time because they know that sports games get old after a few weeks or months but if you have a person who you can make a career out of, then it is fun. Franchise mode and dynasty mode get old after a while because it is the same year after year. Dynasty is just controlling the same team and people leave after about 3 years anyway. Whereas in RTG mode, you are able to make a career out of a person who most people make as themselves (name and information). You should be able to control something involving your player and not just click buttons. And I hope the people at EA at least look into this and make the RTG mode more elaborate and well thought out than just a mode that you click on and play until Madden 12.

All the previews have pointed to this mode being one that was tinkered with big time for 12. Hopefully you'll have some fun with that mode this year. I just cannot do player modes. Gets so boring to me. I tried rtg in 07 for a season and i've tried my player on 2k9. Everytime I think about going into the mode, i think dynasty game would be more fun. Although I love the Jordan Challenges.

jaymo76
04-26-2011, 11:19 PM
All the previews have pointed to this mode being one that was tinkered with big time for 12. Hopefully you'll have some fun with that mode this year. I just cannot do player modes. Gets so boring to me. I tried rtg in 07 for a season and i've tried my player on 2k9. Everytime I think about going into the mode, i think dynasty game would be more fun. Although I love the Jordan Challenges.

My thoughts exactly. It just wasn't fun... check calendar, schedule workout, date cheerleader, train... yeah I get it. It's just not for me but to each his own I guess.

JeffHCross
04-27-2011, 09:15 PM
"Date cheerleader" should have been expanded though. :nod:

zacattak
04-27-2011, 10:29 PM

i actually stated something on the RTG wishlist(also the Madden Superstar mode) about this a few days ago. glad me and rocket are on the same page

zacattak
04-27-2011, 10:31 PM
"Date cheerleader" should have been expanded though. :nod:

it should state hook up with cheerleader...

jaymo76
04-28-2011, 06:37 PM
it should state hook up with cheerleader...

Depends which school you are a part of... just sayin...

souljahbill
04-28-2011, 07:51 PM
Depends which school you are a part of... just sayin...

*insert obligatory photo of the FSU girls*

skipwondah33
06-03-2011, 01:00 PM
My fault for bumping an old thread, but after reading about the Madden Dynamic player performance feature I thought of this post I made

So could NCAA have something like what is going to be in Madden that would take the need for the Gameplanning feature out of NCAA?

jaymo76
06-04-2011, 11:17 AM
My fault for bumping an old thread, but after reading about the Madden Dynamic player performance feature I thought of this post I made

So could NCAA have something like what is going to be in Madden that would take the need for the Gameplanning feature out of NCAA?

That feature souns good but I say ZERO chance it's in NCAA until at least next year.

... oh, and to answer my original thread post.... NOW THERE IS NOTHING STOPPING ME FROM BUYING THIS GAME!!!

DariusLock
06-04-2011, 12:58 PM
As far as Game Day or a recap show I use to like Chris Berman on Baseball Tonight, I forget what game it was. They would do a recap of the league and talk about some of the big games and results... There is a bunch they could do for a Game Day show...predictions, weekly round up, injuries, highlight of a team, and more.