PDA

View Full Version : Does CPU school ratings change in ODs too?

morsdraconis
03-09-2011, 04:54 PM
I'm bored and out of work at the moment (my own choice as I wait on a WAY better job opportunity to open up) so I decided to find something to occupy my time and some conversations about Program Stability in ODs for users not changing got me thinking. Do the Program Ratings for CPU controlled teams change?

The Setup

Pretty simple. I'm going to start an online dynasty using one school and simming through ten seasons (a reasonable amount of time to give CPU teams a chance to raise and fall through recruiting). I won't be doing anything for the team that I control. In the end, I'll bounce around to various schools at the beginning of the 10th season and compare their Program Ratings to the wonderful spreadsheet created by Soldice (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?496-Solidice-s-NCAA-Football-11-Team-Info-Spreadsheet) that has them all for the 2010 season.

HawkFan
03-09-2011, 04:56 PM
Sounds awesome man, I will be very interested in this. I am willing to bet we are going to be very surprised at this.

JeffHCross
03-09-2011, 07:56 PM
Yes, they change. But there's a bug in the Program Stability for users, so nothing that changes for the CPU is nearly that drastic.

morsdraconis
03-09-2011, 08:25 PM
They definitely change. Air Force made a pretty big jump in a couple of categories after just one season (C+ to C in Championship Contender, B to C+ in Fan Base, B+ to D+ in Program Stability).

Interesting that such a large jump can happen in just a year for some of those program ratings.

JeffHCross
03-09-2011, 09:22 PM
Well, I think all of the ones you mentioned are tied to Program Prestige, whether directly or indirectly. Sounds to me like Air Force may have dropped a :1star: and suffered a very bad season.

cdj
03-09-2011, 11:35 PM
I'm really interested in seeing your results, Mors.

Here is what happens in offline Dynasties (and also in Online Dynasties, I believe) but I don't think OD's work correctly as stated:

Academic Prestige – There is a percentage chance that this grade will go up or down a half letter grade each season. A team’s performance does not factor in to the pitch changes.

Campus Lifestyle – This pitch does not change, The Grove at Ole Miss will always be a great draw.

Coach Experience – This pitch has a small percentage chance of increasing every year. This one never decreases.

Coach Prestige – The ability to meet contract goals in an offline dynasty is the main factor in determining this pitch. For online dynasties that don’t have coach contracts, team prestige is used (i.e. better schools = better chance of moving up in prestige).

Conference Prestige – This is static for each conference, the team can only change their value by changing conferences.

Championship Contender/Fan Base/ Facilities/ Pro Factory – The team’s previous year’s performance (i.e. win/loss record, final rank, etc.) are the key factors that determine if this pitch goes up or down. Basically, it does nothing but help you to win your games :)

Program Stability – Changes are based on a combination of the coach’s prestige and current contract length in offline dynasties (team prestige in online dynasty)

Program Tradition – A high final ranking in the final polls compared to the current pitch value determines if there is a change in the pitch value.

Television Exposure – the more regionally and nationally televised games that are played (and more importantly won) are the main factor in determining a change to this pitch.

Team Prestige – Team Prestige changes are determined based on a school’s current prestige rating:

1-Star: If your final rank is better than 80th, you have a chance to move up.

2-Star: If your team has a bowl bid or finishes with a final ranking better than 60th, you have a chance to move up. If you finish worse than 100th, you have a chance to move down.

3-Star: If your team finishes worse than 75th, you have a chance to move down. If you finish better than 40th, you have a chance to move up.

4-Star: If your team has won a BCS bowl or finishes better than 20th, you have a chance to move up. If you miss a bowl or finish worse than 50th, you have a chance to move down.

5-Star: If your team has won the national championship or finishes with a final ranking better than 5th, you have a chance to move up. If you finish with a final ranking worse than 25th, you have a chance to move down.

6-Star: If you finish with a final ranking worse than 15th or win less than 8 games you have a chance to move down.