PDA

View Full Version : What to get girlfriend for birthday?

UGA14
05-27-2010, 10:20 AM
What's up, my girlfriend is turning 26 in June and I'm trying to think of what to get her for her birthday, but I have no idea. The day of her birthday is the day after she gets out for summer (she's a teacher), so I've been trying to think of what we could do. I guess we could always go to the beach for a quick weekend getaway, but I've been trying to think of something to get her.

What do you guys get your women? Haha, weird I know, but I really have no clue.

Keontez
05-27-2010, 11:07 AM
a coke and a smile....

But seriously, whats your budget.

JBHuskers
05-27-2010, 11:16 AM
I've been single for a good deal of 30 years, but have enough knowledge to be dangerous. What does she like?

UGA14
05-27-2010, 11:39 AM
My budget? Lol, well I'd like to not go broke. I'm a college kid so I'm not exactly rich, but I've got a decent amount... I'd really like to be around $100, but $200 isn't out of the realm. Anything above that probably is because I'm in my last class and my money is drying up.

She just found out today she lost her job at her school and is getting transferred to another one in the county, so she's having a rough day. At least she still has a job, but damn. What does she like? Anything that I can think of. A coke and a smile is a good one... I think I'll try that.

She really likes purses and sunglasses and shoes and all of that girly stuff, but she goes through them so fast I'm not sure I should get her that. My parents I think are getting her some luggage since she only has a suitcase from like 1970 and she borrowed mine when the kids took a field trip to D.C. So I thought a compliment to that would be a trip to the beach, but at this point the rooms are $500 for a weekend. Any other ideas would be great.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
05-27-2010, 11:39 AM
schedule a daytime appointment with a licensed masseuse, around noonish, (if she doesnt have a kid/kids... if she does have a kid/kids then you can go earlier as mothers never sleep past 8:30-9:00 anyways lol) after the massage, take her later that night to her favorite restaurant... "mention" the option of seeing a movie of her choice...

this is all based off a lot of my wife's preferences, but career women usually keep the same likings in general... always those few that are the exception...

another thing i would think of giving her is a "coupon" type deal... maybe even throw that on top of the previous mentioned... if you dont know what i mean by coupon... its this... and remember coming from a married man who like all other married men gets asked to do A LOT OF STUFF... so do a hand written booklet of things that she does and leave a few blank and she can use them... sounds stupid... sounds silly... (to some) but trust me... it works...

my wife owns her own hair salon, so she is high maintenance, without the personality that comes along with most chicks that are... and she loves this kind of stuff...

of course your budget, her personality and tastes are the deciding factor...

"E"

morsdraconis
05-27-2010, 03:14 PM
schedule a daytime appointment with a licensed masseuse, around noonish, (if she doesnt have a kid/kids... if she does have a kid/kids then you can go earlier as mothers never sleep past 8:30-9:00 anyways lol) after the massage, take her later that night to her favorite restaurant... "mention" the option of seeing a movie of her choice...

this is all based off a lot of my wife's preferences, but career women usually keep the same likings in general... always those few that are the exception...

another thing i would think of giving her is a "coupon" type deal... maybe even throw that on top of the previous mentioned... if you dont know what i mean by coupon... its this... and remember coming from a married man who like all other married men gets asked to do A LOT OF STUFF... so do a hand written booklet of things that she does and leave a few blank and she can use them... sounds stupid... sounds silly... (to some) but trust me... it works...

my wife owns her own hair salon, so she is high maintenance, without the personality that comes along with most chicks that are... and she loves this kind of stuff...

"E"

That's some VERY good suggestions. I would DEFINITELY do something like that.

And, depending on your relationship, don't expect to get some afterward either. That'll just make it seem like it's about you as much as it is her.

JBHuskers
05-27-2010, 03:39 PM

"E"

Second.

UGA14
05-27-2010, 03:58 PM
Wowzers. Good plan!

Rudy
05-27-2010, 04:02 PM
Great suggestions above. A massage and/or facial type of coupon/appointment always works well. Plus you throw in a few Joey coupons and you are all set.
:)

Flav
05-28-2010, 09:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awLTX68jkIo

I kid, I kid. :p

jaymo76
05-30-2010, 12:43 AM
I say manacure... the wife loves them.

UGA14
06-09-2010, 06:50 PM
Well breaking up seemed to be the gift this year. Man it's been a rough week. There goes 4 wasted years.

Deuce
06-09-2010, 07:42 PM
Well breaking up seemed to be the gift this year. Man it's been a rough week. There goes 4 wasted years.

That sux man...sorry to hear that.

Rudy
06-09-2010, 09:55 PM
Wow. That seemed to come out of nowhere. Sorry to hear that man.

UGA14
06-09-2010, 10:02 PM
Hey you're telling me. It came out of nowhere for me as well...

thanks though

lilheavy
06-09-2010, 10:41 PM
Thats ruff UGA. Sorry to hear that. Maybe she is just having a hard time dealing with her job situation. Give her a day or two, it's pretty hard to give up on 4 years just like that.

UGA14
06-13-2010, 08:56 PM
Thats ruff UGA. Sorry to hear that. Maybe she is just having a hard time dealing with her job situation. Give her a day or two, it's pretty hard to give up on 4 years just like that.

Yeah it was weird at first. But I'm thinking somebody has taken a first-class ride to outta their damn mind. Haven't spoken to her in days and I don't see that changing. For the better I guess.

morsdraconis
06-13-2010, 11:16 PM
Yeah it was weird at first. But I'm thinking somebody has taken a first-class ride to outta their damn mind. Haven't spoken to her in days and I don't see that changing. For the better I guess.

It always is man. It always is.

steelerfan
01-16-2012, 02:02 AM
Nice Spam.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

JBHuskers
01-16-2012, 08:30 AM
Nice Spam.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

I fixed the glitch :D

steelerfan
01-16-2012, 08:48 AM