PDA

View Full Version : Vote for the NCAA Football 12 Cover Athlete

cdj
03-03-2011, 08:52 AM
http://thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA12/NCAA12CoverVoting.png

Voting has gone live on the EA SPORTS NCAA Football Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/easportsncaafootball?sk=app_11007063052) for fans to vote for the NCAA Football 12 cover athlete. The candidates are Auburn's Nick Fairley, Alabama's Mark Ingram, Washington's Jake Locker, and Oklahoma's DeMarco Murray.

Fans can vote for their favorite candidate once a day starting at 9:00 am PST each day for the duration of the campaign (ending April 4th). At the end of the campaign the athlete with the most votes will be on the cover of NCAA Football 12. The winning cover athlete will be announced on April 19th.

Who will you be voting for? After voting, come back and share your thoughts with The Gaming Tailgate community.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyDwEEJ3eew

MCdonnieG
03-03-2011, 08:57 AM
Well...I cast my vote for Mark Ingram. Though I'm not a fan of Fairley's sportsmanship....he's without a doubt a dominate force.....part of me wants to see the big guy make it on the cover...

JBHuskers
03-03-2011, 09:07 AM
I voted Ingram...has the best pedigree of the four with a Heisman Trophy.

Boucher
03-03-2011, 09:12 AM
VOTED Ingram'

We thinking the ESPN announcement is for the voting?

cdj
03-03-2011, 09:16 AM
VOTED Ingram'

We thinking the ESPN announcement is for the voting?

Pretty sure. Locker was on Mike & Mike this morning and they discussed it, guessing First Take will have some of the other candidates.

Kwizzy
03-03-2011, 09:22 AM
I voted for Murray. Like I said in the other thread, that's simply based on my own personal unreasonable feelings towards SEC teams & Washington at the moment. I think in reality Ingram will and SHOULD be on the cover but I just can't bring myself to vote for him because he played for Nick Saban in the SEC.

Again, I acknowledge that it's an unreasonable & ridiculous opinion but there it is. :D

NatureBoy
03-03-2011, 10:07 AM
Being a South Carolina fan, there's no way I can vote for a Bama or Auburn player. Murray has no shot IMO. My vote is for Jake Locker.

bvito4686
03-03-2011, 01:09 PM
Being a Michigan fan, I don't really care.

I guess Ingram, he is from Michigan...?

CLW
03-03-2011, 01:24 PM
Fairley - I just want a defensive player on the cover.

Boucher
03-03-2011, 01:26 PM
I wish we could have gotten a screen shot today.

JBHuskers
03-03-2011, 01:41 PM
Fairley - I just want a defensive player on the cover.

That's why I wish Peterson was a choice.

steelerfan
03-03-2011, 02:08 PM
That's why I wish Peterson was a choice.

Von Miller would have been a good choice.

I have no clue how Locker got into this vote.

CLW
03-03-2011, 04:06 PM
I'd be surprised if Ingram or Murray doesn't win this vote. This stuff turns on which school has the largest/most organized fan bases. I get the impression that Auburn is the "red headed step child" in Alabama (much like Louisville is in KY as an example).

My gut tells me Alabama has a larger/more organized fan base than Oklahoma.

JBHuskers
03-03-2011, 04:18 PM
Should punish Murray for leaking the story by not voting for him...plus he played for Oklahoma.

Coachdenz
03-03-2011, 07:38 PM
Ingram, I would like a Defensive player just not Fairley.

Jayrah
03-03-2011, 08:02 PM
Ingram is the most logical choice. It's possible that a guy like Patrick Peterson has already been picked as one of the cover athletes, and these are for the 2nd cover, whichever it may be. Apparently the pre release cover is just purely a hint at defense being a key component in this years dev cycle.

My question is... Why isn't Patrick Peterson the defensive part of this group, assuming he's not already a cover athlete pick. Fairley has the rep of a dirty player, and you wouldn't think that EA would even want him as a choice for their cover athlete. I am shocked.

Coachdenz
03-03-2011, 08:10 PM
My question is... Why isn't Patrick Peterson the defensive part of this group, assuming he's not already a cover athlete pick. Fairley has the rep of a dirty player, and you wouldn't think that EA would even want him as a choice for their cover athlete. I am shocked.

good question

jaymo76
03-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Locker... just because of LAST YEAR. He played some amazing ball last season. Let's hope this past season was a one off...:up:

JeffHCross
03-03-2011, 08:42 PM
I abstain, courteously (10 points to anyone who gets that reference) because the NCAA Football App wants to view my personal information ... and I don't roll like that.

( Yes, occasionally I'm as paranoid about Social Media as steelerfan )

cdj
03-03-2011, 09:20 PM
Ingram is the most logical choice. It's possible that a guy like Patrick Peterson has already been picked as one of the cover athletes, and these are for the 2nd cover, whichever it may be. Apparently the pre release cover is just purely a hint at defense being a key component in this years dev cycle.

The winner will be the cover athlete. It's only these four candidates. No shenanigans. ;)

gschwendt
03-03-2011, 09:24 PM
Show off who you want to the rest of the forum. Edit your profile and at the bottom, you'll see an option to select who you want. That will add a tag to your quick-profile to the left of your posts. Let us know any feedback but it's just a little something I whipped up.

JBHuskers
03-03-2011, 09:25 PM
Show off who you want to the rest of the forum. Edit your profile and at the bottom, you'll see an option to select who you want. That will add a tag to your quick-profile to the left of your posts. Let us know any feedback but it's just a little something I whipped up.

That's a sweet add G!

cdj
03-03-2011, 09:33 PM

Awesome add! Thanks, G.

Wisey105
03-03-2011, 09:35 PM
I abstain, courteously (10 points to anyone who gets that reference) because the NCAA Football App wants to view my personal information ... and I don't roll like that.

I want to say that is from 1776...
As for me, I don't now which way I will be going with my vote. Maybe I should just vote for the player that will look best on the Dev Team t-shirt that's made at the end of the project. :P

Coachdenz
03-03-2011, 09:45 PM
nice little feature!

cdj
03-03-2011, 09:52 PM
As for me, I don't now which way I will be going with my vote. Maybe I should just vote for the player that will look best on the Dev Team t-shirt that's made at the end of the project. :P

FSU vs. Alabama is 1-2
FSU vs. Auburn is 4-13-1
FSU vs. Oklahoma is 1-5
FSU has never played Washington.

I think Locker gets your vote by default. :P

cdj
03-03-2011, 10:01 PM
I voted but never shared my two cents...

DeMarco Murray - Great player and an all-time great for one of the top programs in college football.

Nick Fairley - Great player who stepped up on the biggest stage, the BCS National Championship Game

Jake Locker - Embodies college football, stayed all four years and led his team from a winless season to a bowl victory his senior season. I think he loses some luster given some poor showings his senior season as well as backlash from ESPN 'experts' still proclaiming him a top notch QB despite those horrible outings.

Mark Ingram - Had an average senior season, but helped lead the Tide to the 2010 title and was very humble in winning the Heisman that season. I think his attitude and spirit place him as a great ambassador for college football. Given his accomplishments on and off the field, he gets my vote but I like all four of these guys.

CLW
03-04-2011, 05:45 AM

Nice!

I OU a Beatn
03-04-2011, 06:29 AM
I voted Jake Locker, but I'm not a fan of any of the choices - he's just the lesser of the 4 evils, in my opinion. Fairley played for Auburn and is possibly one of the dirtiest players I've ever witnessed. Mark Ingram played for Bama - enough said. Demarco Murray played for OU - enough said. :D

CLW
03-04-2011, 08:21 AM
Well juding from the early totals here it isn't even going to be close.

whitepony99
03-04-2011, 09:53 AM
I voted for Locker always been a QB fan

JBHuskers
03-04-2011, 10:07 AM
I voted for Locker always been a QB fan

Well according to ESPN, this is the year of the QB :)

whitepony99
03-04-2011, 11:13 AM
Well according to ESPN, this is the year of the QB :)

Although I think they are a bit off on that statement.

Jayrah
03-04-2011, 12:20 PM
I abstain, courteously (10 points to anyone who gets that reference)

Yep 1776. That's hilarious

Jayrah
03-04-2011, 12:20 PM

You're the coolest! :up:

Jayrah
03-04-2011, 12:23 PM
Locker... just because of LAST YEAR. He played some amazing ball last season. Let's hope this past season was a one off...:up:

A Husky will never be on the cover of my Xbox football game as long as my vote counts! I couldn't stand to look at any of their mugs for a whole season, every time I pick up a game that I love. :bang: Booooooooo

steelerfan
03-04-2011, 05:45 PM

There is a vast difference between paranoia and just flat thinking Social Media is dumb. :P

cdj
03-06-2011, 11:03 AM
From our newest member, onikuno:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0KgficXEqg

Pretty funny stuff! I hope he has more on the way.

JeffHCross
03-06-2011, 01:00 PM

Yep 1776. That's hilarious
You guys both rock. :nod:

(The last one is the best)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSCFA3ynxqQ

onikuno
03-06-2011, 06:01 PM
From our newest member, onikuno:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0KgficXEqg

Pretty funny stuff! I hope he has more on the way.

Thanks for posting my video!

The Nick Fairley ad is now in the editing process. Expect it late tonight or tomorrow.

JBHuskers
03-07-2011, 01:00 AM

The Nick Fairley ad is now in the editing process. Expect it late tonight or tomorrow.

That's some awesome stuff :D

Rudy
03-07-2011, 04:30 AM
Ingram. Jake Locker is a bum. He sucked last year and he will suck in the NFL. I expect Ponder and Stanzi to have better careers than Locker.

cdj
03-07-2011, 07:10 AM
The latest from onikuno:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_doCkMds7Ig

MCdonnieG
03-07-2011, 10:21 AM
The latest from onikuno:

WOW!!! Nuff said....:smh:

CLW
03-07-2011, 10:52 AM
Fairley for Cover Boy!

JBHuskers
03-07-2011, 11:10 AM
:D I love the smear campaign, great idea onikuno!

psusnoop
03-07-2011, 12:58 PM
Ingram, I would like a Defensive player just not Fairley.

Exactly!

Jayrah
03-07-2011, 01:42 PM

NO. THANK YOU! HAHAHAAHAHA. That's awesome stuff.

The latest from onikuno:

:D:D:D:D:D

That's what I'm sayin. I'm shocked this idiot is an option. Patrick Peterson, Patrick Peterson, Patrick Peterson! :P As option only...Mark Ingram for President!!!.....Of NCAA 12!

Speaking of which I can't wait to see the Ingram Slam! This should be good.

Iron Dragon
03-07-2011, 02:55 PM
Those ads are great.

HawkFan
03-07-2011, 05:07 PM
Love the videos they are awesome. I do not have the talent for something like that but I would love to see someone spin one against Murray just for the humor of it.

CLW
03-07-2011, 08:57 PM
Is it wrong that after that attack ad I want Fairley to win even more?

onikuno
03-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO8JtlJygWk

Jayrah
03-09-2011, 09:57 AM
bahahahahaahhahahaha

CLW
03-09-2011, 10:47 AM
lmao!

ram29jackson
03-09-2011, 12:45 PM
no no no , you vote for Fairley no matter what you think. I did in the actual vote.

souljahbill
03-10-2011, 07:01 PM
I think I should vote for DeMarco Murray. I need someone who isn't a selfish homewrecker, a dirty lazy dummy, or a disloyal terrorists who can't hold on to the ball in the clutch on the cover.

gschwendt
03-24-2011, 08:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i__m6ZzbzLE

JeffHCross
03-24-2011, 08:41 PM
Okay, I genuinely can't tell ... was that an official EA video? Either way, a UFC video that has anything to do with EA Sports is just surreal.

gschwendt
03-24-2011, 09:17 PM
Okay, I genuinely can't tell ... was that an official EA video? Either way, a UFC video that has anything to do with EA Sports is just surreal.
It's on the official UFC youtube channel so I assume they put it together.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI2gNBCH0mE&feature=related