PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever run a combined NCAA and Madden dynasty?

psuexv
03-01-2011, 09:56 AM
I actually thought about doing this when they were having a sale on Madden a little while ago but never pulled the trigger. Now I'm thinking about doing it when this years games come out and wanted to see if it's been done before or any interest.

Basically you would get two teams, one in NCAA and one in Madden and play both dynasties simultaneously and advancing both games together to keep the weeks aligned. Once a season is over export the draft class and use that for the Madden draft.

Obviously the first couple of years would be ok, but I think it would be cool to see the players that you recruited ran through your program and then to see them in the NFL.

Thoughts, comments....etc

CLW
03-01-2011, 10:55 AM
I have done this in the past. However, it usually wasn't exactly at the same time (some days I would just play NCAA and then I'd "catch up" with Madden).

It's really pretty fun to see guys you coached in colelge and then coached them again in Madden. However, I often found myself reaching for my former players in the draft.

psuexv
03-01-2011, 10:57 AM
Yeah I've done it before too in offline dynasties. I was wondering though if anyone ran an online dynasty this way with multiple people involved. I didn't state that ...... my bad.

steelerfan
03-01-2011, 11:17 AM
You can't do it anymore. The draft classes have to be uploaded to Madden before the season starts so you can "scout". I used to do it in the ps2 days though (when Madden was worth playing).

psuexv
03-01-2011, 11:22 AM
You can't do it anymore. The draft classes have to be uploaded to Madden before the season starts so you can "scout". I used to do it in the ps2 days though (when Madden was worth playing).

Well that's crap. Yeah I haven't done it since the last time I bought Madden, maybe 2003ish. Well I guess that shuts down that idea. Well I mean I guess you could play a season of NCAA and then start the Madden and NCAA combined so you would always have a draft class available.

steelerfan
03-01-2011, 11:49 AM
Well that's crap. Yeah I haven't done it since the last time I bought Madden, maybe 2003ish. Well I guess that shuts down that idea. Well I mean I guess you could play a season of NCAA and then start the Madden and NCAA combined so you would always have a draft class available.

Yeah, you'd need to have classes ready to go. If you just had 1, you'd run the risk of having duplicate players in Madden. My suggestion would be to have 5 classes ready, and then do them concurrently without actually using the newly generated classes. Not ideal, but better than nothing.

Madden and NCAA should allow you to export classes in the NCAA preseason (Seniors only) to begin scouting, and then export again later with updated Senior ratings and with eligible Juniors/ RS Sophomores. Or upload them all preseason, then upload an "update" with who declares. The scouting you do on players who don't declare could carry over to the next season's scouting report.

gschwendt
03-01-2011, 11:52 AM
As well, I'm fairly certain that Madden online franchise doesn't allow using NCAA draft classes.

steelerfan
03-01-2011, 12:00 PM
As well, I'm fairly certain that Madden online franchise doesn't allow using NCAA draft classes.

I believe you're right. I didn't even notice that he was talking online.

Madden needs to bring their product up to par with NCAA. Having a combined OD/OF would generate some buzz for both games.

psuexv
03-01-2011, 02:42 PM
I believe you're right. I didn't even notice that he was talking online.

Madden needs to bring their product up to par with NCAA. Having a combined OD/OF would generate some buzz for both games.

Well that stinks that you can't use draft classes online. And yes I think the combination would be killer for both franchises

jaymo76
03-01-2011, 07:22 PM
In Madden 10 after season four I drafted/traded for six players from my team builder team and put them into my Raiders franchise. It was really cool to see the players I had for four years but to the same extent it was sad to see the studs get a terrible rating and play awful in Madden. For example, my 99 LOLB transfered into Madden as a 61??? Seriously, the guy is one of the best players I have ever had in NCAA and he's a 61??? Frustrating!

psusnoop
03-01-2011, 07:23 PM
we did this on the xbox and memory cards didn't we E? I think I remember having Zach Mills as my Arizona Cardinals QB. He was a stud, LOL.

psuexv
03-02-2011, 09:24 AM
we did this on the xbox and memory cards didn't we E? I think I remember having Zach Mills as my Arizona Cardinals QB. He was a stud, LOL.

Yes we did. I was the Bengals and Kentucky.

psuexv
03-25-2011, 08:47 AM
For some reason starting thinking about this again. This would be the ideal situation, I'm not completely sure how Madden is since I haven't played it a couple of years, but what if you could set up the dynasties to "talk" to each other. So when you are scouting your draft picks you are seeing the exact ratings and stats that these kids are putting up in the NCAA dynasty that is currently being played.

Jayrah
03-27-2011, 11:00 PM
For some reason starting thinking about this again. This would be the ideal situation, I'm not completely sure how Madden is since I haven't played it a couple of years, but what if you could set up the dynasties to "talk" to each other. So when you are scouting your draft picks you are seeing the exact ratings and stats that these kids are putting up in the NCAA dynasty that is currently being played.

I was thinking about this a month or so again. I really hope that this may be the case soon. The situation that Jaymo mentioned has frustrated me more than once.