PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football 12 Release Date, Game Description, & Placeholder Art

gschwendt
02-26-2011, 11:03 AM
You know it's coming soon since Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/NCAA-Football-12-Playstation-3/dp/B004P8CKS8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1298739241&sr=8-2) has placeholder images up
149 150

Game Description:

NCAA Football 12 takes the journey of the college athlete to the next level of depth and authenticity. Experience the pride and pageantry of gameday Saturday with all new enhanced in-game presentation, traditions and school specific crowd celebrations. Make an impact on the field as your team takes down your heated rival on the road to the National Championship.

steelerfan
02-26-2011, 11:11 AM
That's what they say. I find that somewhat questionable.

You figured it out, it's all a big lie. :rolleyes:

JeffHCross
02-26-2011, 11:14 AM
You know it's coming soon since Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/NCAA-Football-12-Playstation-3/dp/B004P8CKS8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1298739241&sr=8-2) has placeholder images upAs far as I'm concerned, that confirms it's a defensive player for me. Pretty sure, more often than not, the placeholder image has been of a similar position to the actual player.

Boucher
02-26-2011, 03:45 PM
NCAA Football 12 takes the journey of the college athlete to the next level of depth and authenticity. Experience the pride and pageantry of gameday Saturday with all new enhanced in-game presentation, traditions and school specific crowd celebrations. Make an impact on the field as your team takes down your heated rival on the road to the National Championship.

Boucher
02-26-2011, 03:50 PM
Same thing on Gamestop website

CLW
02-26-2011, 03:52 PM
You figured it out, it's all a big lie. :rolleyes:

I just do not see the relation between SS and DW (other than both involve the internet). Last I checked Al Gore layed claim to that invention.

JeffHCross
02-26-2011, 03:55 PM
NCAA Football 12 takes the journey of the college athlete to the next level of depth and authenticity.Hmmmm ....

Boucher
02-26-2011, 03:56 PM
I was talking to Kane a madden dev he says Madden superstar getting a big overhaul this year so maybe NCAA as well

HWill
02-26-2011, 04:36 PM
I was talking to Kane a madden dev he says Madden superstar getting a big overhaul this year so maybe NCAA as well

I assume you are referring to Road To Glory. Interesting.

Boucher
02-26-2011, 05:03 PM
? I said Madden's superstar mode is maybe NCAA's

joshuahuskers
02-26-2011, 07:31 PM
More enhanced presentation? Always a good thing. Really don't hope they poured most of the resources this year into road to glory - does anyone even play that mode?

Hope the linebacker on the placeholder image = linebacker on actual game cover = more emphasis on defense this year.

jaymo76
02-26-2011, 08:12 PM

Sounds good! Could there be a hint of dynamic rivalries here??? I sure would like to hear a few hints like "coaching" (aka carousel) and "play selection" (custom playbooks) in the next few months...

JeffHCross
02-26-2011, 08:16 PM
does anyone even play that mode?If I was still a high school football player, which is when I first really bought into the NCAA series, you better believe I'd be playing the crap out of that mode. Now, I don't play it now either ... but I do play Be A Pro in NHL, Road to the Show in MLB, and I would buy NBA 2k11 solely for My Player. So maybe some love for Road to Glory is exactly what they need to get me to play it for anything other than PSN trophies.

But going back to my initial point ... high schoolers are the future of the franchise ... always good to cultivate that.

Paakaa10
02-26-2011, 10:41 PM
As far as I'm concerned, that confirms it's a defensive player for me. Pretty sure, more often than not, the placeholder image has been of a similar position to the actual player.

I don't have the placeholder image for NCAA Football 11, but I do have a comparison between the placeholder for Madden NFL 11 and the final box art to confirm what Jeff is saying here about the placeholder being a potential preview of the final box art. Take it with a grain of salt, but the Madden placeholder featured a quarterback silhouette passing in a very similar pose to the final Drew Brees shot:

http://thesportsgeeks.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Madden11box.png
http://pursuitofperfection10.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/1271949487-media.jpg

Paakaa10
02-26-2011, 10:57 PM
After some quick Google searching, I did find the following PS2 version placeholder image for NCAA Football 11:

http://img.bestbuyerdiscounts.com/bbd/813/715813_s.jpg

Compare that to the final image:

http://edge.shop.com/ccimg.shop.com/230000/234000/234031/products/-!NCAA%20Football%2011%20PS2%20--353008919.jpg

While not 100% proof of anything, it certainly allows us to start connecting the dots.

Paakaa10
02-26-2011, 11:04 PM
Just to round things out in terms of placeholder versus final box art comparisons for EA SPORTS titles in the '11 title year, the comparisons for NHL 11 and FIFA 11:

http://www.puolenkuunpelit.com/kauppa/images/ps3_nhl11.jpghttp://img2.ps3gen.fr/jaquette-nhl-11-ps3_09019501D300047917.jpg

http://i28.tinypic.com/2wnplrp.jpghttp://www.gameseyeview.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/fifa11x360pftfront.jpg

While it's harder to draw conclusions about the position of the player in the NHL or FIFA comparisons compared to NCAA or Madden, this also helps us establish that the placeholder images have been fairly close to the final box art in the past year.

JeffHCross
02-26-2011, 11:15 PM
FYI, Brian, to stop your Googling, it looks like NCAA 10 and prior versions all used the same placeholder image -- at least, I found images for NCAA 09, NCAA 10 and Madden 10 (http://www.tineye.com/search/3d2bc2beb744b41a227b5ec1a8f08188ba4a1996/) with the same art. No idea who created them, but, that stopped my searching, lol.

Coachdenz
02-26-2011, 11:45 PM
- does anyone even play that mode?

I don't.

steelerfan
02-27-2011, 01:22 AM
So maybe some love for Road to Glory is exactly what they need to get me to play it

I don't think many people play RTG much, but I agree that a spruced up version may breathe some life into it. RttS is fun in MLB but, surprisingly, I don't care much for BAP in NHL.

Obviously, no one wants all the time and $ going to RTG so I'd seriously doubt that that's a concern. EA greatly improved NCAA from 10 to 11 so I'm going to continue to believe that that's going to be the norm until proven wrong.

Kwizzy
02-27-2011, 10:03 AM
I really enjoy modes like Road to the Show and I think there is a TON of potential for RTG & Madden's Superstar mode. However, up to this point, these modes have gotten really stale really quickly for me. I think the things that have been missing in RTG specifically have been: Deeper recruiting involvement, more struggle to get to the top of the depth chart AND stay there, a reward system for executing your assignment rather than only for stats, and (MOST importantly) solid playcalling and AI player execution are crucial.

If they were to include these types of things in this mode it would definitely get a HARD look from me.

JeffHCross
02-27-2011, 10:42 AM
a reward system for executing your assignment rather than only for statsThat's the big one for me. When I've tried defensive players on RTG (which is honestly my preference), I find myself unable to generate any kind of statistics because, more often than not, the play's going away from me, and my teammates finish the play before I can get there. So I end up with [2star] ratings because I have no stats at the end of the day. I love playing Be A Pro in NHL because, among other things, I'm rewarded for being in the right spot at the right time, not just how many hits or goals I get.

CLW
02-27-2011, 11:45 AM
I only play RTG for the PS3 trophies. I'm not excited about the RTG revamp. The ONLY game that does a single player well is MLB The Show.

IMHO, EA would need to do the following to make RTG interesting:

#1 You MUST play 4 years of high school football. This would be the equivalent to developing your player in the minors in the show.

#2 The point/development system must be more like the show.

#3 You should not be able to go to just any school you want. Even 5 stars don't get offers from every single team.

#4 Presentation - Andrews and Kirk got really stale on me in a hurry. Their commentary is so.... bland it gets very repetitive in a hurry.

#5 Bring back the PS2 Girlfriends. ;) :nod:

jaymo76
02-27-2011, 07:28 PM
RTG as a mode has zero appeal to me, even if it were re-done. I want full control of a team and everything that goes along with that team.

Coachdenz
02-27-2011, 08:19 PM
RTG as a mode has zero appeal to me, even if it were re-done. I want full control of a team and everything that goes along with that team.

bingo me too!

Kwizzy
02-28-2011, 07:40 AM
bingo me too! Completely understandable... But the problem with the way a lot of people (not saying you, just the community in general) feel about RTG irks me a bit. Basically the overall theme seems to be... "Well i don't and never would play it so why does EA even bother?!" and the problem with that attitude is that people who make those statements are assuming everyone else feels the same way as they do about the game. I always at least give RTG a shot and I have several friends who play it constantly. Now obviously it has issues, as I said before, but RTTS shows how fun a mode like that can be & obviously EA feels this can be a popular mode, which I agree with.

morsdraconis
02-28-2011, 02:47 PM
I enjoy modes that are singleplayer based like RTG mode, My Player mode, Franchise Player mode, etc and if they're done well (My Player mode from NBA 2k11) it's gonna make the game VERY much one of my favorites of the year and it's disappointing when the mode isn't done well at all or fleshed out enough at all (both modes for Madden and NCAA).

I'd very much like to see them do more with it in NCAA and Madden, but 2k has killed these modes for me with NBA 2k11's AMAZING My Player mode and unless NCAA or Madden comes anywhere close to being as great as that one, it's just not going to be able to measure up.

Coachdenz
02-28-2011, 07:36 PM
Completely understandable... But the problem with the way a lot of people (not saying you, just the community in general) feel about RTG irks me a bit. Basically the overall theme seems to be... "Well i don't and never would play it so why does EA even bother?!" and the problem with that attitude is that people who make those statements are assuming everyone else feels the same way as they do about the game. I always at least give RTG a shot and I have several friends who play it constantly. Now obviously it has issues, as I said before, but RTTS shows how fun a mode like that can be & obviously EA feels this can be a popular mode, which I agree with.

nah I would be happy for the ones that play run for the glory or whatever it is. I would just be upset if something major wasnt done to dynasty. I bet they have something like online RTG, i mean they asked today what favorite team "you" would like to play for on Twitter. I'm thinking they are trying to lead us into something to do with RTG.

JeffHCross
02-28-2011, 07:58 PM
nah I would be happy for the ones that play run for the glory or whatever it is. I would just be upset if something major wasnt done to dynasty.After the backlash that Madden suffered last year for not improving Franchise, I would be shocked to see Tiburon go any year without tangible improvements to Dynasty in NCAA.

Coachdenz
02-28-2011, 08:34 PM
After the backlash that Madden suffered last year for not improving Franchise, I would be shocked to see Tiburon go any year without tangible improvements to Dynasty in NCAA.

The only problem is when Tiburon says Dynasty they only mean recruiting. I just want something "new" in Dynasty outside of recruting. Not to mention I hate RTG mode. Was just being nice to the people that enjoy that mode.

JeffHCross
02-28-2011, 08:52 PM
The only problem is when Tiburon says Dynasty they only mean recruiting.That may be. However, that's not what I meant.

I don't think they'll continue down that trend. I think the backlash over Franchise Mode sent a message.

Coachdenz
02-28-2011, 08:56 PM
That may be. However, that's not what I meant.

I don't think they'll continue down that trend. I think the backlash over Franchise Mode sent a message.

I hope your right Jeff.

gschwendt
02-28-2011, 09:02 PM
You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?334-NCAA-Football-12-Release-Date-Game-Description-amp-Placeholder-Art

RussellWilson
02-28-2011, 09:22 PM
i can't wait for ncaa 12!!!!!!!!

Details
02-28-2011, 09:34 PM
Enhanced in-game presentation. I like it! Bring on the info!

CLW
03-01-2011, 08:30 AM
Only 133 days remain!

Sort of semi-off-topic, are we going to do a count down thread? I know a number of sites do a thread where they post their favorite #99, #98 etc... as the days countdown to the release of the new game.

HWill
03-01-2011, 09:38 AM
Only 133 days remain!

Sort of semi-off-topic, are we going to do a count down thread? I know a number of sites do a thread where they post their favorite #99, #98 etc... as the days countdown to the release of the new game.

This is the thread from last year (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?115-Countdown-to-NCAA-Football-11!)

MCdonnieG
03-01-2011, 10:08 AM
Yea buddy the first little snippet is found...now lets wait for the info to start flooding in soon...I can feel it in me bones!!!!

CLW
03-01-2011, 10:51 AM
This is the thread from last year (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?115-Countdown-to-NCAA-Football-11!)

Excellent. The countdown begins on April 4, 2011

Jayrah
03-01-2011, 12:57 PM
YEEEEHAAAAAW! First info of the season!

I wonder if the presentation revamping means new announcing!:nod: I really don't know how much more they can make it ""all new" without an announcer change. They can "continue" to build on the ESPN presentation, I suppose with some new interactive things, it could be all new enhanced....

School Specific Crowd Celebrations!!!!!! Could this mean updated crowd? :)) This would be a minor thing for most of the community, but boy would it make ME a happy camper!

MCdonnieG
03-01-2011, 01:51 PM
YEEEEHAAAAAW! First info of the season!

I wonder if the presentation revamping means new announcing!:nod: I really don't know how much more they can make it ""all new" without an announcer change. They can "continue" to build on the ESPN presentation, I suppose with some new interactive things, it could be all new enhanced....

School Specific Crowd Celebrations!!!!!! Could this mean updated crowd? :)) This would be a minor thing for most of the community, but boy would it make ME a happy camper!

Yes Indeed!!! Me too buddy!! Let me join in on the "jump for joy"!!!!:))

RussellWilson
03-01-2011, 04:42 PM
:))

morsdraconis
03-01-2011, 05:02 PM
Making the crowd look better would certainly not be a major thing, but it wouldn't be a minor thing for me either. The crowd looks absolutely atrocious right now, so I wouldn't be against them at all to doing something about that.

RussellWilson
03-01-2011, 09:03 PM
Maybe by enhancing entrances, Accessories, Jersey's, Stadiums, football fields, and presentation like this years ESPN broadcast. :D
I CAN'T WAIT! Getting it for the Playstation 3. Hopefully a better student section that jumps up and down and coach's on the side!:)):)):)):)):)):)):)):))

procops1
03-04-2011, 03:49 AM
celebrate with teammates instead of all the individual showboating. drives me nuts. that ould really make the game for me. im really excited bout the RTG overhaul. i wish they would just make an entire different game in a RPG type thing. that would be SWEEET:D

HawkFan
03-04-2011, 03:12 PM
I want coaching carousel, better defensive AI, and custom playbooks before anything else. I do also think that a discipline system would be nice but for the love of gawd do not make it like the one of the past. That thing made me want to pull my hair out.

Coachdenz
03-07-2011, 07:28 PM
something tells me coaching carousel will not be in the game, even though we have asked and asked.

I believe we get:
1. Journey of the college athlete to the next level of depth and authenticity
2. All new enhanced in-game presentation.
3. Something to do with a revamped rivals game (like home field advantage)
4. 1 Unnamed feature (most likely custom playbook and revamped defense)

you heard it here 1st.:)

steelerfan
03-07-2011, 08:09 PM
you heard it here 1st.:)

We will have to wait and see. :)

Coachdenz
03-07-2011, 08:28 PM
We will have to wait and see. :)

if I said that I had a source I would be lying....:)

steelerfan
03-07-2011, 08:35 PM
if I said that I had a source I would be lying....:)

Well, that's good. I'd be a little disappointed with your list. :)

morsdraconis
03-08-2011, 02:05 AM
Well, that's good. I'd be a little disappointed with your list. :)

I'd be a little more than just a little disappointed if that list became the game. I don't expect the huge leap that they made from '10 to '11 (though it really wasn't THAT big of a leap), but I do expect some SERIOUS changes to the defense this year or I'm just not going to be purchasing it this year.

I'm so sick of the bullshit defense in '11, and the inability to fix it without making the DBs psychics who run the WR's route better than the WR does.

steelerfan
03-08-2011, 10:00 PM
I'd be a little more than just a little disappointed if that list became the game.

Me too. I guess I was just downplaying how bad that would dampen my optimizm. :nod: