PDA

View Full Version : Week 4, 2015

Oneback
02-27-2011, 06:46 AM
=============== #9 Oklahoma Sooners (1-0) ===============
Last week, Oklahoma won 38-17 against LSU (0-2).
This week, the Sooners will host Oregon State (1-1).

=============== #15 Clemson Tigers (3-0) ===============
Last week, Clemson won 40-29 against Miami (1-1).
This week, the Tigers will host Boston College (2-1).

=============== #2 Florida State Seminoles (3-0) ===============
Last week, Florida State won 62-0 against Boston College (2-1).
This week, the Seminoles will host #10 Miami (1-1).
In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) MLB Corey Collier has committed to Florida State

=============== #10 Miami Hurricanes (1-1) ===============
Last week, Miami lost 40-29 against Clemson (3-0).
This week, the Hurricanes travel to Tallahassee to face the #2 Florida State Seminoles (3-0).

=============== #3 Michigan Wolverines (2-1) ===============
Last week, Michigan won 43-42 against Texas (2-1).
This week, the Wolverines are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) MLB Josh Moore has committed to USC
- (****) WR Roman Carter has committed to Stanford

=============== #21 Texas A&M Aggies (1-1) ===============
Last week, Texas A&M won 48-20 against Oregon (0-3).
This week, the Aggies will host #5 Penn State (2-1).

=============== #5 Penn State Nittany Lions (2-1) ===============
Last week, Penn State won 41-0 against West Virginia (1-1).
This week, the Nittany Lions travel to College Station to face the #21 Texas A&M Aggies (1-1).
In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) MLB Corey Collier has committed to Florida State

=============== Oregon Ducks (0-3) ===============
Last week, Oregon lost 48-20 against Texas A&M (1-1).
This week, the Ducks will host UCLA (2-0).

=============== #14 USC Trojans (0-2) ===============
Last week, USC lost 28-21 against Wisconsin (2-0).
This week, the Trojans travel to Lubbock to face the Texas Tech Red Raiders (1-0).
In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) MLB Josh Moore has committed to USC

=============== #24 Virginia Tech Hokies (2-1) ===============
Last week, Virginia Tech won 23-16 against Georgia Tech (2-1).
This week, the Hokies will host #17 Ohio State (2-0).

=============== #7 Texas Longhorns (2-1) ===============
Last week, Texas lost 43-42 against Michigan (2-1).
This week, the Longhorns will host Oklahoma State (1-1).

=============== #1 Wisconsin Badgers (2-0) ===============
Last week, Wisconsin won 28-21 against USC (0-2).
This week, the Badgers will host Arizona (1-1).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

fsuprime
02-27-2011, 10:01 AM
when do u want to play ryby

JeffHCross
02-27-2011, 10:11 AM
Snoop, I'm headed to lunch with a friend and not sure when I'll be back. I know you said in SBCOL that you've been under the weather lately, so either tonight or tomorrow night should be fine for me, whatever you feel up for.

psusnoop
02-27-2011, 10:41 AM
Ok we will see how things go, feeling a little better today.

ryby6969
02-27-2011, 07:35 PM
I am ready when you are Prime.

JeffHCross
02-27-2011, 10:18 PM
A&M puts up a good fight against the Nittany Lions, but a late first half gift interception, followed by a fluke quick score, gave the Lions a two TD advantage going into halftime. That was too much for the Aggies to overcome, falling 34-21. The Nittany Lion defense put forth an extremely good effort today, stopping the Aggies just when it seemed like momentum was on their side, and closing holes that appeared wide open.

Great game, Snoop. Sorry our chat didn't work as well as usual, but it was still good to talk with you.

JeffHCross
02-27-2011, 10:46 PM
Singer, Kingpin and Papa are all that remain.

Papa LoneStar
02-28-2011, 02:14 AM
Ugh....couldn't figure out how to tether my droid to my ps3....I'll try to sneak over to my Mom's house to get my game in

ryby6969
02-28-2011, 05:30 AM
FSU defeat Miami 47-32. 3 interceptions by Miami and 0 turnovers for FSU along with a KO return for a TD were the key plays in the game. GG Prime. It seems like I can never get any breaks against you. I force a punt on the first possession, and some how the ball only bounces forward a few yards to stick at the 1. First play after that, my starting HB gets knocked out for 2 quarters. Next play, safety. Later I score a TD to cut it to like 6 I think, and you return the kickoff for a TD. It also doesn't help my secondary is absolutely terrible. When I was in position for a pick, they would just drop it. Oh well, I don't think I will see you in the ACCCG this year as I already have 2 conference losses and Singer only plays me again this season. GL the rest of the season.

psusnoop
02-28-2011, 07:16 AM
A&M puts up a good fight against the Nittany Lions, but a late first half gift interception, followed by a fluke quick score, gave the Lions a two TD advantage going into halftime. That was too much for the Aggies to overcome, falling 34-21. The Nittany Lion defense put forth an extremely good effort today, stopping the Aggies just when it seemed like momentum was on their side, and closing holes that appeared wide open.

Great game, Snoop. Sorry our chat didn't work as well as usual, but it was still good to talk with you.

Yes great game Jeff, the chat was frustrating. You could hear me great, but I had a difficult time making out anything you were saying LOL.

fsuprime
02-28-2011, 08:55 AM
gg ryby, had to get off quick last night or I would have posted a recap here...yea it seemed liked you were in zone any time i went with more than 2 WRs so with your bad secondary I felt like I could really use my TE to find the soft spots and once your RB was down I just had to watch out for flag routes and I was able to get a comfortable lead. Downing still puts it on the money though and will be back next season which I wont look forward to.

psusnoop
02-28-2011, 12:46 PM
Jeff, I was right I have walking pneumonia.

psuexv
02-28-2011, 01:38 PM
Singer, Kingpin and Papa are all that remain.

Is this still the case?

JeffHCross
02-28-2011, 06:13 PM
Is this still the case?According to the recent text from OB, it's just Singer and KP now.

Iron Dragon
02-28-2011, 06:50 PM
I didn't have time to finish all of my recruiting yesterday, and I can't get back on the servers because it's saying they are down.. :bang:

RcSinger
02-28-2011, 06:53 PM
OSU Rally's late, falls one poor pass (INT'd) short of comeback. The playmakers on offense all got to show off their skills in what looked early to be a runaway by the Hokies. Booth, Hardy, and Covington all played their roles to help VT put down the Buckeyes.
OSU's defense played well as a whole least 2 long drives by the Hokies. Most of the scores were off of huge plays in both the passing and running game. The one blemish for the Hokies was their FG's. Pope was only 1 of four with his leg in what remains a terrible performance this year for the seasoned kicker.

Since the Season opener loss against Kentucky, the Hokies have seemed suspect at times against what many consider to be much lesser competition than they faced today, but today all cylinders were firing and they will carry some much needed momentum into next week.

gschwendt
03-01-2011, 12:14 AM
Just tried to advance SBCOL and also getting the Transfer Failed message. Oddly though, cdj just advanced TGT OD right around the same time I was trying to advance SBCOL and his went through just fine.

psusnoop
03-01-2011, 06:55 AM
I also advanced Mid-Tier right after my game against Prime and it went through just fine.

JeffHCross
03-01-2011, 07:26 AM
Found another PS3 user reporting the same problem in two of his dynasties on the EA forum. I don't think it's just us, and I don't necessarily think that re-load will fix it. I would encourage us to be patient, and maybe have cdj/G try to get ahold of EA to look at it. I'm pretty sure if we re-load we're going to have to replay all of our games, and that will probably take longer than just being patient for one day or night.

FWIW, I was able to advance my test dynasty.

gschwendt
03-01-2011, 08:52 AM
Found another PS3 user reporting the same problem in two of his dynasties on the EA forum. I don't think it's just us, and I don't necessarily think that re-load will fix it. I would encourage us to be patient, and maybe have cdj/G try to get ahold of EA to look at it. I'm pretty sure if we re-load we're going to have to replay all of our games, and that will probably take longer than just being patient for one day or night.

FWIW, I was able to advance my test dynasty.Dewiel (EA community manager) replied to the thread on EA's forums and said they're looking into it now. I'll send him a note to let him know that I'm one of the ODs effected.

fsuprime
03-01-2011, 08:53 AM
yes i think you are do some special attention, i tried advancing thrice, and than again but alas it failed.

psusnoop
03-01-2011, 09:14 AM
Dewiel (EA community manager) replied to the thread on EA's forums and said they're looking into it now. I'll send him a note to let him know that I'm one of the ODs effected.

:nod:

psuexv
03-01-2011, 09:27 AM
yes i think you are do some special attention, i tried advancing thrice, and than again but alas it failed.

Do we really think it's wise for Prime to have control???:smh:

psusnoop
03-01-2011, 09:35 AM
Do we really think it's wise for Prime to have control???:smh:

That is a very scary thought, what is it with people from Texas giving the keys away...I mean first Vick, now Prime. Where is this all going to end..:dunno:

Oneback
03-01-2011, 10:42 AM
I am back in control of the ship now. Or at least Prime said he transfered it back. Believe me it was a very nervous feeling...it was a tense drive into work today knowing what I had done. :)

I only sent to him because he's east coast and knew he was home during the day.

fsuprime
03-01-2011, 11:33 AM
Lol love the vote of confidence from u all :p. Papa did try to bribe me into advancing straight to week six but I take our od very seriously so u all had nothing to word about.

psuexv
03-01-2011, 11:45 AM
Lol love the vote of confidence from u all :p. Papa did try to bribe me into advancing straight to week six but I take our od very seriously so u all had nothing to word about.

Yeah but who knows when you started hitting the bottle today. And we all know how that goes for you, inhibitions to the wind.

fsuprime
03-01-2011, 12:36 PM
lol

Papa LoneStar
03-01-2011, 01:58 PM
:Texas:

The #7 Longhorns unleash their anger on Oklahoma State 70-7 in Austin, TX.

Longhorn offense: 581 yards (387 rush, 194 pass), 5-5 redzone TDs, 0 turnovers

QB Carlos McDaniel, Jr RS: 10-17 194 yards 3 TD 0 INT

RB Earl Campbell II, Sr: 15 car 175 yards 4 TD

RB Jerome Brown, So RS: 17 car 128 yards 1 TD

RB Brennan Jones, Fr RS: 9 car 62 yards 2 TD

WR Roger Moss, So RS: 5 rec 90 yards 2 TD

Longhorn defense: 18 TFL, 1-9 3rd down conversions

DT Lance Gibson, So RS: 8 tackles (4 TFL)

MLB Eric Davis, Sr RS: 5 tackles (2 TFL), 1 sack, 1 forced fumble

DE Loren Fagan, Jr RS: 6 tackles (3 TFL), 1 sack, 1 forced fumble

DE Johnathan Johnson, So RS: 5 tackles (3 TFL), 1 forced fumble and recovery

Next up: BYE in Week 5....Week 6 vs Texas Tech....11:30am....FSN. Big recruiting weekend with 17 prospects scheduled to attend including 11 [5star] and 6 [4star].

fsuprime
03-01-2011, 02:25 PM
should be 10 five stars once the QB commits to me after week 5 :)

Papa LoneStar
03-01-2011, 02:42 PM
*easy mode* :p

fsuprime
03-01-2011, 02:50 PM
yes it was nice to finally have more than 2 prospects list me as their top choice, i had half as many as texas this year, felt great :)

Papa LoneStar
03-01-2011, 02:54 PM
lol....what can I say....the word gets passed around about how great it is to play for Coach LoneStar

psuexv
03-01-2011, 03:33 PM
lol....what can I say....the word gets passed around about how great it is to play for Coach LoneStar

Until the oil industry dries up and the deep pockets of the Longhorn Alumni are only a pocket with a hole cut.... go ahead little boy, stick your hand in and pull out a piece of taffy.

JeffHCross
03-01-2011, 05:45 PM
There are 3 pages worth of people saying they can't advance their dynasty on EA's forums (though some of those are inexplicable double posts), so it's definitely not just us. There was one user that said that they had tried removing users, retiring the dynasty, all the usual tricks, and nothing's working. So I think we are going to be forced to be patient and wait it out.

psusnoop
03-01-2011, 06:07 PM
Be cool if EA put out an update or statement

JeffHCross
03-01-2011, 06:15 PM
Be cool if EA put out an update or statementDewiel's posted a couple times, but basically only to say that they don't have an ETA on a fix but are working it.

From my personal standpoint of being in a similar spot at my work -- yeah, that's pretty much all you're going to hear until I have the fix in place.

Remember, it was a year ago today that every PS3 in the world went bye-bye ;) And the only update there was "we're working on it"

psusnoop
03-01-2011, 06:18 PM
True about the issue last year. I didn't know they responded to anything but I'm glad they have. Let's hope they get this soon.

fsuprime
03-01-2011, 07:47 PM
glad this is happening now and not while im in vegas :o

ugh.

psusnoop
03-01-2011, 07:58 PM
True about the issue last year. I didn't know they responded to anything but I'm glad they have. Let's hope they get this soon.

I forgot about Tommy's response, lol. I'm sick........

Oneback
03-01-2011, 08:00 PM
Just tried again before checking the forum....no go.

RcSinger
03-01-2011, 08:12 PM
lol, we could always start a new one.. Call it, ummm, Powerhouse SEC?

JeffHCross
03-01-2011, 08:14 PM
lol, we could always start a new one.. Call it, ummm, Powerhouse SEC?From what I'm reading online, a lot of PS3 dynasties are effected. No guarantees that anything we started wouldn't be.

Nice subtlety about using the SEC though. You should've been with us last year ;)

RcSinger
03-01-2011, 08:15 PM
LOL, Yeah, I wasn't really serious, just thought I'd jab that out there.

fsuprime
03-01-2011, 08:17 PM
haha and we could combine it with my failed attempt at a death penalty OD with all the dirty pool going on, apparently some time is about to get fuckstomped by the ncaa, should be in the news in the next week or so lol *rumors*....penn st, ND, UTenn (duh) and chumpson have been thrown out as possibilities.

i am pumped for next year though, FSU will have espn's #1 recruiting class to play with with 2 great RBs and of course karlos williams at safety and 6'6 WR Kelvin Benjamin.

RcSinger
03-01-2011, 08:22 PM
Knoxville, TN (Sports Network) - The University of Tennessee has received a notice of allegations from the NCAA in regard to violations within the men's basketball and football programs.

Basketball allegations include impermissible phone calls to potential recruits and impermissible contact from head coach Bruce Pearl to prospective student- athletes. Pearl was also charged with a failure to promote an atmosphere of compliance and failure to monitor the activities regarding compliance of all assistant coaches within the men's basketball program.

The football allegations all came under the watch of former head coach Lane Kiffin, who left after one season and is now the coach at Southern California. The NCAA alleges that Kiffin also failed to promote an atmosphere of compliance and failed to monitor the activities regarding compliance of several assistant coaches, while the staff also made impermissible phone contact with prospective student-athletes.

"Our institution has operated in complete cooperation with the NCAA since April 2009 as they have pursued their investigation," said Tennessee athletic director Mike Hamilton in a statement. "We take these allegations seriously and most items noted in this document have already been reported broadly."

The school has a deadline of May 21 to submit a response to the NCAA and will likely appear before the Committee on Infractions from June 10-11.

Pearl has already served an eight-game suspension from the SEC in regard to his role in the process.

"Throughout this process, we have recognized that we made significant mistakes and we look forward to concluding this matter with the NCAA," Pearl said in a statement issued by the school Wednesday. "The penalties imposed on our program to date have been severe, but I want to commend our student-athletes and staff for staying focused and working through these potential distractions."

The Volunteers are coming off a 60-51 victory over Vanderbilt on Tuesday, improving to 17-11 overall and 7-6 in SEC play.

While impermissible phone calls to recruits were at the center of the NCAA's probe, Pearl also misled investigators when asked about certain photos of him with recruit Aaron Craft. The Knoxville News Sentinel reported that Pearl had improperly hosted the prospect at his home two years ago.

In September, as a result of the investigation, the university announced a reduction in pay for Pearl and a suspension of off-campus recruiting for a year. Hamilton said Pearl's compensation would be reduced 25 percent from $2 million to $1.5 million.

Copyright © 2011, Sports Network

fsuprime
03-01-2011, 08:38 PM
this is something new, and it will be heavy handed apparently to a team who has been in the top 12 teams (football) on average over the last 4 years or so, LSU has also been talked about it relation to it.

RcSinger
03-01-2011, 08:40 PM
I just read something that was posted recently that said the Death Penalty looms over Alabama and that they are already on probation until 2012. Strangely, this is the first I have heard of it.

Alabama: NCAA Death Penalty Looms For "Unmatched Recent Violation History"
By
Max C Sconyers Jr
(Correspondent) on February 24, 2011 - Auburn

BATON ROUGE, LA - NOVEMBER 06: Head coach Nick Saban of the Alabama Crimson Tide reacts to a play during the game against the Louisiana State University Tigers at Tiger Stadium on November 6, 2010 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. The Tigers defeated the Crimson Tide 24-21. (Photo by Chris Graythen/Getty Images) Why are they picking on me?
Chris Graythen/Getty Images

There is one thing that brings even more fear to the Crimson Tide faithful than a 24-point lead at home over Auburn—the NCAA.

The Death Penalty is openly discussed as a possibility for “flagrant and willful” violators.

The NCAA Committee on Infractions released a statement last year calling the University of Alabama-Tuscaloosa the following:

A "serial repeat violator," with an "abysmal infractions track record" and an "extensive recent history of infractions cases unmatched by any other member institution in the NCAA.”

Wow. Back on top again after all these years.

Pretty tough words for our in-state brethren. Hopefully they said “Yes, Mama” and went home to clean house.

This was written in response to the school's textbook probation appeal (which was summarily denied).

This is the school's most recent major NCAA rules violation. It has landed the University of Alabama-Tuscaloosa (UAT) a three-year probation that will last through June 10, 2012, their second major NCAA violation in less than 10 years.
107974629_crop_340x234 Rumors are rampant Coach Saban's action may result in the Death Penalty at Alabama.
Ronald Martinez/Getty Images

The University of Alabama-Tuscaloosa is actually one of 11 institutions that have had two major infractions cases during the past decade: Ball State, Fresno State, Florida International, TCU, Alabama-Tuscaloosa, Arkansas, Colorado, Michigan, Oklahoma, Southern California and Washington are the others.

This looming Death Penalty may explain the recent sense of desperation in their public denial of blatantly obvious violations. This would also explain their screaming foul and waving their arms as the recent trend of losses to in-state rival Auburn continued this past season with a stunning loss of a 24-point lead, at home, that ultimately led to their third conference loss of the year, finishing in fourth place in the SEC Western Division and having a double-digit final national ranking.

Big brother’s been getting spanked by everybody, no wonder he’s been so bad lately.

There were (allegedly) recruiting violations with current high school junior, Barry Sanders, Jr. He was seen at a recent home basketball game seated with his dad, Barry Sanders Sr. (NFL Hall of Famer) and coach Nick Saban sitting right between them. Sure, it’s conceivable they got their tickets from the same scalper. "Hey, Barry, what’s up!? Great seats, huh? Oh really, your son plays football? How nice."

I probably could have gotten two seats together.

WATCH BARRY SANDERS VIDEO SHOWN AT HOME BASKETBALL GAME IN TUSCALOOSA:
106814753_crop_340x234 Coach Saban may have been assisting in text-book fundraiser here he appears to be taking a bid and helping deliver books.
Al Messerschmidt/Getty Images

http://www.koco.com/sports/26958838/detail.html?taf=okl

Now, I know this is big-time college football, right? Everybody does it, come on! Well, let me make a correction—almost everyone does it. At least those in the student-athlete population at Alabama, anyway.

psusnoop
03-01-2011, 08:41 PM
I heard not abig ten team.

fsuprime
03-01-2011, 08:47 PM
bama might be in trouble for that 'book buy back program' that you all were running while still on probation from the shula era but i doubt anything comes of it...

the main smoke has been about penn st, nd, and lsu and utenn has already be highlighted...either way it will be interesting

i dont think it is penn st cause their recruiting classes have been kind of shitty the last 2 years, if they were cheating to bring in those classes I would be like wtf JOE!

RcSinger
03-01-2011, 08:48 PM
That particular report is the only source I can find stating Death Penalty or probation. It states the probation as already handed down, but I cannot find anything about it anywhere else.

psusnoop
03-01-2011, 08:49 PM
No way in hell it's PSU. Just wouldn't happen on Joe's watch.

fsuprime
03-01-2011, 09:02 PM
well the idea is that joe has no clue what his staff is doing and his staff has been 'rogue' for the last year or 2 trying to make things work...i doubt very much joe would ever be complicit in such activity, but with all of the rumblings of disorganization out of happy valley how could he know. (but as i have said, with PSU's lackluster recruiting and hopefully the rest of the staff's respect for joe pa i doubt they are in trouble)

as far as reports, rc my whole point is this is not in the press yet, some radio hosts have mentioned it in passing but apparently some large news organizations are dotting the i's and crossing the t's on their investigation as we speak and it will be released in a week or so

psusnoop
03-01-2011, 09:14 PM
There is a major news outlet that is on the verge of publishing a report that will blow the lid off a major D-I program, and not a school many would suspect................

They are inches away from having all they need to go on it. I would expect something before summer and it will be a bombshell, with names-dates-amounts.

This won't be a message board blog, but rather, a huge news story. But to publish something like that, you better have your facts right. I think they've got it...............

Bill Greene :: Ohio Recruiting Analyst

Later when asked if it was a Big 10 school Bill stated "No"

fsuprime
03-01-2011, 09:21 PM
haha well if you are that worried that you cling to a tOSU beat reporter's word for confirmation maybe their is some smoke in happy valley :)

psusnoop
03-01-2011, 09:28 PM
Lol, not worried at all here in Happy Valley. There are way more teams out there with boosters that have there hands in everything a program is doing compared to here. Those schools should be sweating a little.

Oneback
03-02-2011, 05:55 AM
Just tried again this morning, no go.

JeffHCross
03-02-2011, 06:56 PM
Lmao.

Is this something they work on at night too, or only during "office hours?" (5pm Orlando time)

There aren't office hours here man. :) The guys will be working on this at night as well. We're trying to get this resolved as quickly as possible.

psusnoop
03-02-2011, 06:58 PM
That is so funny.

JeffHCross
03-02-2011, 08:26 PM
apparently some time is about to get fuckstomped by the ncaa, should be in the news in the next week or so lol *rumors*....penn st, ND, UTenn (duh) and chumpson have been thrown out as possibilities.The rumors you guys were hearing didn't relate to the Sports Illustrated story, did it? http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/the_bonus/02/27/cfb.crime/index.html?eref=sihp

RcSinger
03-02-2011, 09:37 PM
Damn, Pitt is the Mike Tyson of College Football. Good thing those players were released, otherwise we might have had field full of ears and various other body parts.

fsuprime
03-02-2011, 10:10 PM
UF would have more than Pitt but the DA is a gator booster

RcSinger
03-03-2011, 11:34 AM
Didn't a player from FSU break a UF running backs leg in the 02 game? It was after the play, guy was down and as the defender was getting up, he grabbed the backs foot and twisted it.

fsuprime
03-03-2011, 12:37 PM
no, sounds like a fairy tale.

Darnell Dockett got aggressive after a play and later in the game that player sprained his mcl, doctors stated after the game it is impossible for someone to manually sprain someones mcl with your bare hands.

and what does that have to do with the gator booster District Attorney letting players off on charges? or the gator booster in gainesville who offers pro-bono legal defense to gator football players? :)

psuexv
03-03-2011, 03:58 PM
Sooooooo... anyone hear anything about anything?

RcSinger
03-03-2011, 05:01 PM
no, sounds like a fairy tale.

Darnell Dockett got aggressive after a play and later in the game that player sprained his mcl, doctors stated after the game it is impossible for someone to manually sprain someones mcl with your bare hands.

and what does that have to do with the gator booster District Attorney letting players off on charges? or the gator booster in gainesville who offers pro-bono legal defense to gator football players? :)

I wasn't saying anything about UF not being guilty of anything. I was just asking the question. I was watching the game and saw the play where he twisted the guys foot after the play. It was just subject matter to the current topic. FWIW, during the spurrier years, I routed for FSU in the UF FSU annual matchup. Spurriers departure, the coming of Tebow, and that particular play is the only reason I went back to favoring the SEC team.

Oneback
03-03-2011, 07:27 PM
Sooooooo... anyone hear anything about anything?

Still not working, just tried again.

psusnoop
03-03-2011, 07:33 PM
Still not working, just tried again.

Boo

JeffHCross
03-03-2011, 08:39 PM
Sooooooo... anyone hear anything about anything?No, it's pretty clear that whatever's going on is a much bigger problem than I originally hoped.

psuexv
03-04-2011, 02:12 PM
So what are the odds that we recover from this outage? It reminds me eerily of the NCAA dishing out the deathpenalty to a program.

Oneback
03-04-2011, 03:15 PM
I am going to reload the OD tonight once I get home.

psuexv
03-04-2011, 03:19 PM

I think it's worth a try. Might as well try something.

gschwendt
03-04-2011, 04:01 PM
If you do, reload with the name APowerhouse (or something that starts with a letter between A & E). That's the latest hypothesis that TraditionFootball came up with... ODs that start with letters in the latter part of the alphabet are the ones that are causing the problem. It holds some water as Powerhouse & SBCOL are failing whereas GamingTailgatePS3OD1 is working (as is MidTier).

gschwendt
03-04-2011, 04:43 PM
I recreated SBCOL as aSBCOL and was able to advance to the next week... looks like TF's theory does seem to hold water.

psusnoop
03-04-2011, 05:54 PM
That's awesome!

gschwendt
03-04-2011, 06:03 PM
I recreated SBCOL as zSBCOL and it advanced fine so it's not exactly as their hypothesis indicated but if nothing else, at least we're able to advance.

JeffHCross
03-04-2011, 07:22 PM
Oneback,
My only fear is that when you reload we will lose all the current Week 4 results -- replay all those games and recruiting -- and then be stuck at the same point.

EDIT: Only possible workaround I've thought of is to delete your offline save, re-download the dynasty, and then maybe (just maybe) the save file will have this week's results in it. I'm gonna try to test that real quick.

psusnoop
03-04-2011, 08:25 PM
Oneback,
My only fear is that when you reload we will lose all the current Week 4 results -- replay all those games and recruiting -- and then be stuck at the same point.

EDIT: Only possible workaround I've thought of is to delete your offline save, re
-download the dynasty, and then maybe (just maybe) the save file will have this week's results in it. I'm gonna try to test that real quick.

Update?

JeffHCross
03-04-2011, 08:42 PM
Update?I've been working on it since then, lol. Lots of weird stuff going on.

The short version of the story is that I took a perfectly working OD, retired, reloaded, and I can't even get it to actually reload to the server and allow me to attempt to advance. I'm getting Transfer Failed on upload, during the step "Finalizing Dynasty Update", which is the exact same place that the dynasty is failing to advance for Oneback, Tommy, and the others having the issue.

I would not advocate attempting to reload.

Oneback
03-04-2011, 09:44 PM
I am going to mess with it in the morning once I get some sleep just so I can think things through before doing anything. I just got home and only got 3 hours of sleep last night so I am running on fumes.

JeffHCross
03-04-2011, 09:53 PM
Oneback,
I just posted this on EA's forums. I've since had another guy follow up and say that he's seeing something similar. It might be worth a try. If you need to bump someone from the dynasty, go ahead and bump me.

UTVOL54, I hope you see this ...

You said that you used your brother's name as the second commisioner when you retired the dynasty and reloaded. Was your brother previously a member of the dynasty? I am beginning to think that may be the difference between your experience (the reload succeeded) and mine.

I just tried two different tests. In both cases the dynasty was working before I retired and reloaded.

Test 1:
1. Simmed my Week 1 game and did some light recruiting.
2. Exited the dynasty, re-opened, chose to Save File (in theory, this would save a copy of the dynasty with my results preserved).
3. Exited, retired the dynasty.
4. As UTVOL said, go to File Management, Load & Delete, and load the dynasty.
5. The new dynasty failed to create, failing during "Finalizing Dynasty Update" and returing "Transfer Failed". That's consistent with the problem everyone's having.

Test 2:
1. Created another test dynasty, this time saving the file as soon as I advanced to Week 1.
2. Did not play any games or do any recruiting.
3. Exited, retired the dynasty.
4. Loaded the dynasty from File Management.
5. This new dynasty succeeded and I was able to advance on to Week 2 after creation.

Right now I'm thinking that UTVOL's success may have been because his brother's PSN didn't have any recruiting or game results, and that's why it was able to reload. Unfortunately, beyond what I've already done it's nearly impossible for me to test it because I only have so many PSN accounts.

One upside is that when you create the second dynasty under a different PSN name, you shouldn't have to retire the original dynasty. That way you can sanity check the "new" dynasty before retiring Powerhouse3. Like check for saved results and the like.

Oneback
03-05-2011, 10:07 AM
Powerhouse is back online, please check your text messages for the details.

psusnoop
03-05-2011, 05:28 PM
Texas A&M vs PSU kicking off at 9pm Est.

ryby6969
03-05-2011, 05:33 PM
Prime, can you play tomorrow night when you get home? Otherwise, you will have to sim it OB.

JeffHCross
03-05-2011, 10:31 PM
STUNNER IN COLLEGE STATION

Texas A&M takes advantage of its mulligan against Penn State, stunning the #5 ranked Nittany Lions in College Station.

After the game, Coach JeffHCross had this to say: "Man, I wish we'd brought some recruits in for this one. Amazing, amazing game."

Thanks to some early breaks and a solid clock-eating offense, the Aggies racked up a 17-3 lead going into halftime, dominating both time of possession and yardage. But the Nittany Lions, in a shocking move, went to their backup quarterback. On his first pass, he threw 29 yards, between two A&M safeties, on a perfect fade route.

"It was then that I knew they weren't going away quietly," JeffHCross said afterward. "That pass completely changed the attitude of our defense."

In the third quarter alone, Penn State was able to erase the deficit, and had held the A&M offense relatively stagnant. But on the second play of the ensuing Aggie drive, quarterback Patrick Melton connected with TE Andrew Williams for 49 yards, which brought the swagger back to Kyle Field. Within seconds, the Yell Leaders and 12th Man were back in the game, and six plays later halfback Justin Love barreled into the end zone.

The Lions would tie it up again, following a wonderful mix of passing and throwing. Two minutes later, Love slashed through a gaping hole in the Penn State defense and ran for a 34-yard score.

The following 2:47 was nerve-racking for every fan, Texas A&M and Penn State alike. The Lions were able to garner entry in the Aggie red zone with :44 remaining, but three consecutive incompletions left them with 4th and 10 from the 18. The Penn State staff gambled with a deep pass, but Senior FS Andy Merritt stepped in the way and deflected the ball to the turf, giving the Aggies the victory.

JeffHCross
03-05-2011, 10:51 PM
Texas A&M 31-24 Penn State

Team Stats

Penn State Texas A&M
24 Score 31
18 First Downs 20
354 Total Offense 432
27-184-3 Rushes - Yards - TD 23-131-2
12-20-0 Comp - Att - TD 27-33-2
170 Passing Yards 301
3-6 (50%) 3rd Down Conv 8-10 (80%)
4-3-0 (75%) Red Zone - TD - FG 4-3-1 (100%)
1 Turnovers 0
0 Fumbles Lost 0
1 Intercepted 0
1 - 52.0 Punts - Average 2 - 34.0
13:09 T.O.P. 18:51

Scoring

1st 2nd 3rd 4th
PSU 0 3 14 7 24
aTm 0 17 0 14 31

Player Stats

Passing: Comp Att Yards TD INT Sack
P. Melton aTm 27 33 301 2 0 1

E. Goins PSU 10 15 146 0 0 0
E. Shelby PSU 2 5 24 0 1 0

Rushing: ATT Yards AVG TD LONG BTK
J. Love aTm 19 121 6.3 2 35 4
P. Melton aTm 3 9 3.0 0 16 2

D. Chambers PSU 15 117 7.8 1 29 1
S. Clark PSU 10 62 6.2 1 15 0

Receiving: REC Yards AVG TD LONG DROPS
A. Williams aTm 9 142 15.7 0 49 0
C. Clark aTm 6 37 6.1 1 16 0
T. Lumpkin aTm 5 71 14.2 1 27 2

C. McClellen PSU 6 116 19.3 0 29 0
J. Morales PSU 3 22 7.3 0 8 0
S. Johnson PSU 2 20 10.0 0 17 0

fsuprime
03-06-2011, 02:48 AM
Prime, can you play tomorrow night when you get home? Otherwise, you will have to sim it OB.

I'll be be fine just set yr self to auto pilot and I'll run the clock. Or ifnu just want to login and we can run the clock together and just do 3-0 victory that is fine too. I have no intentIons of replaying the game from
Scratch at all

psusnoop
03-06-2011, 06:42 AM
I'll be be fine just set yr self to auto pilot and I'll run the clock. Or ifnu just want to login and we can run the clock together and just do 3-0 victory that is fine too. I have no intentIons of replaying the game from
Scratch at all

Wish we would have done the same, ouch for me.

psusnoop
03-06-2011, 06:45 AM
Yes great game Jeff, it was very well played.

My only wish is for a complete freeze again so we can play the rubber match.

ryby6969
03-06-2011, 07:55 AM
Scratch at all

Ok, sounds good.

RcSinger
03-06-2011, 11:17 AM
In an impressive performance by the once beaten Va Tech, they snuff the Buckeyes 34 - 17.
The teams exchanged visits to the end zone to begin the game but after a fumble on a punt return and an interception on two consecutive drives, the Hokies took control and never let up. Va Tech put points on the board in every quarter while the Buckeyes struggle in the 2nd and 3rd.

Stat OSU VT
1st Downs 14 15
Total Offense 257 431
Rush-Yds-TD 22-81-2 34-220-3
Comp-Att-TD 16-32-0 37151
Pass Yards 176 211
3rd Down Conv 6-16(37%) 3-9(33%)
4th Down Conv 40576 40544
Turn Overs 2 1
Fumbles 1 0
Ints 1 1
PR 28 63
KR 59 132
Total Yards 344 626

Going forward the Hokies are preparing for the tune up scrimmage against NC State and look to carry some good momentum into their off week.

Papa LoneStar
03-06-2011, 03:18 PM
Sounds like Prime is scared!

fsuprime
03-06-2011, 06:20 PM
sounds like papa wants to back into a championship ;)

JeffHCross
03-06-2011, 07:17 PM
Whatever, let's just get the crap done and get to Week 5. I've had enough of Week 4! :D

Papa LoneStar
03-06-2011, 07:32 PM
sounds like papa wants to back into a championship ;)

Ouch! Niiiice comeback!

Oneback
03-06-2011, 07:47 PM
I'll check in a little bit if I don't hear anything but who's left. I've got some friends over and they are using my PS3.

fsuprime
03-06-2011, 08:07 PM
ryby, by ok did you mean you set it to auto pilot or the other option?

JeffHCross
03-06-2011, 09:27 PM
I'll check in a little bit if I don't hear anything but who's left. I've got some friends over and they are using my PS3.As of last night, we still had some guys that hadn't re-joined. Unfortunately I can't check through the Dynasty Wire, because it still lists some guys as CPU even though I know they've rejoined. Perhaps those were the ones that were automatically brought over.

EDIT: There are only 5 game stories posted for this week, that suggests that all of the following remain:
Oklahoma
Clemson
Florida State vs Miami
Oregon
USC

That list also looks distinctly similar to the list of teams that still show CPU.

ryby6969
03-07-2011, 05:25 AM
ryby, by ok did you mean you set it to auto pilot or the other option?

Yeah, I set it to auto.

psusnoop
03-07-2011, 05:37 AM
Whatever, let's just get the crap done and get to Week 5. I've had enough of Week 4! :D

Fail to advance 1 more time :)

fsuprime
03-07-2011, 08:39 AM
Yeah, I set it to auto.

ah ok cool, ill get it done today, i wont supersim and if someone on your team gets injured i will re-start since no one was injured in our game for more than a quarter i think.

fsuprime
03-07-2011, 11:19 AM
Ryby you are not set to auto pilot so I could not get the game in.

gschwendt
03-07-2011, 11:32 AM
I bet this goes back to the old issue we had before where some users tried to set "Ready to Advance" but it wouldn't save. To fix it, people had to leave the dynasty and rejoin, though I'd recommend doing that next week rather than this week.

gschwendt
03-07-2011, 01:08 PM
The Honey Badgers don't give a shit and are ready to advance. (Audio NSFW)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg

psuexv
03-07-2011, 03:29 PM
USC should be done tonight.

ryby6969
03-07-2011, 05:41 PM

I set it last night. Don't know why it didn't take. Sorry Prime. It even had the airplane on it after I did it.

fsuprime
03-07-2011, 05:44 PM
not your fault ryby, even one back tried to set you to it as well and it wont save, oneback has my login and will take care of everything so you all can advance, im flying over mississippii right now

ryby6969
03-07-2011, 05:52 PM
not your fault ryby, even one back tried to set you to it as well and it wont save, oneback has my login and will take care of everything so you all can advance, im flying over mississippii right now

Ok man. Don't want to screw you out of a chance of another NC game appearance. Have fun in Vegas and don't lose too much money!;)

Oneback
03-07-2011, 06:13 PM
Looks like we will be advancing around 10ish tonight.

JeffHCross
03-07-2011, 06:34 PM

I bet this goes back to the old issue we had before where some users tried to set "Ready to Advance" but it wouldn't save. To fix it, people had to leave the dynasty and rejoin, though I'd recommend doing that next week rather than this week.
Yep, this sounds right. I think ryby was one of the handful of guys that were in the Dynasty as soon as I created it. Thought about deleting everyone, and I probably should have, but didn't want to cause another issue by doing that. Ryby, Papa, FSU, and Escobar come to mind as being in the dynasty when I created it. They should probably all leave it once we advance to Week 5, otherwise they're not going to be able to use the Dynasty Wire or do stuff like Ready to Advance / Auto-Pilot.

JeffHCross
03-07-2011, 09:46 PM
Oklahoma -- done
Clemson -- done
Florida State vs Miami
Oregon -- done
USC -- doneLooks like once Oneback figures out Florida State / Miami we'll be good to go.

Oneback
03-07-2011, 09:53 PM
Yup. Just need to get the game simmed.

Oneback
03-08-2011, 08:40 AM
Ry,

I sent you a text last night...before we can advance you you and I need to get in the OD so I can sim the game while I am logged in as FSU.

ryby6969
03-08-2011, 12:44 PM
Ry,

I sent you a text last night...before we can advance you you and I need to get in the OD so I can sim the game while I am logged in as FSU.

Ok, just let me know when works. I have another OD game tonight at 8:30est. Otherwise, I am free tonight.

Escobar
03-08-2011, 01:15 PM
Yep, this sounds right. I think ryby was one of the handful of guys that were in the Dynasty as soon as I created it. Thought about deleting everyone, and I probably should have, but didn't want to cause another issue by doing that. Ryby, Papa, FSU, and Escobar come to mind as being in the dynasty when I created it. They should probably all leave it once we advance to Week 5, otherwise they're not going to be able to use the Dynasty Wire or do stuff like Ready to Advance / Auto-Pilot.

I already Retired/Rejoined once I was carried over to the new OD.

Oneback
03-08-2011, 07:49 PM
Ok, just let me know when works. I have another OD game tonight at 8:30est. Otherwise, I am free tonight.

I just got home, text me when you are done and we can knock this thing out and get to week 5, finally!

ryby6969
03-08-2011, 09:16 PM
EDIT: Nevermind, I got the text. Prime, if we both make the ACCCG I will let you win bro.