PDA

View Full Version : Athlons CFB Preview Mags in stores now

coogrfan
05-26-2010, 01:07 PM
I stopped by the Barnes & Noble at Westheimer & Voss here in Houston on the way home from work last night, and was pleasantly surprised to see they had received Athlons National, Big XII and SEC editions. They also had Lindy's SEC magazine. :cool:

I was less pleased to see that Athlon has UH ranked a somewhat disappointing 42nd. :(

Top 25

Bama
Ohio State
USC
Boise State
OU
UF
Nebraska
Texas
Oregon
VT
TCU
Iowa
FSU
Miami
UGA
Wisc.
Arkansas
Pitt
UNC
UCONN
Mizzou
Auburn
PSU
LSU
Clemson

cdj
05-26-2010, 01:14 PM
Awesome! I don't always get Athlon, but love we're at the time of year where the mags start coming out. Phil Steele is selling his online already and The Sporting News is the other I look forward to.

Sinister
05-26-2010, 01:17 PM
i hate preseason rankings , i mean what did usc do they get #3 ranking.

coogrfan
05-26-2010, 01:24 PM
Preseason rankings are pretty much meaningless, but anything that gets cfb talk started is ok by me.

Rudy
05-27-2010, 05:06 AM
The Sporting News is out June 1st. I will get that one. After hearing all these great things about Phil Steele, I bought his book for the first time a few years ago (had my brother pick it up for me). So disappointed when I got my hands on it. 75% of the stuff in there is just recycled from his previous book. I think Booty was USC's QB and he was still had stuff in the QB section about Matt Leinart and Carson Palmer and it wasn't a quick reminder either. He doesn't have nearly enough information on the actual players that will play in the upcoming season. His mag is a Review of college football, not a Preview imo.

UGA14
05-27-2010, 12:46 PM
UGA 15th, I wish. We didn't lose anything but a bad QB on offense, but we're installing an entirely new in-your-face defense. I think it will take more than a year. We are also starting a freshman quarterback again. I see big things in our future, but right now I'm skeptical we can play at that level all season. I hope.

morsdraconis
05-27-2010, 03:06 PM
i hate preseason rankings , i mean what did usc do they get #3 ranking.

Exactly!

This stuff just makes me hate the national championship process that much more. USC will be LUCKY to not lose 4 games again this season yet they are #3 in the nation. For christ's sake, THEY DON'T HAVE THE COACH THAT MADE THEM PROMINENT AGAIN ANYMORE! Kiffin is going to take them to mediocrity again, especially since the Pac 10 is FINALLY getting some good players at the other schools and USC isn't just kicking the crap out of teams that don't deserve to play in the WAC, much less a BCS conference.

And good god can the conference realignment happen any sooner so WVU can get out of the shit Big East?