PDA

View Full Version : Week 3, 2015

Oneback
02-23-2011, 10:10 PM
Place holder

JeffHCross
02-23-2011, 10:29 PM
Kingpin, I should be available by 7:30 eastern Thursday and earlier on Friday -- maybe 5:30 or so if all goes well.

ryby6969
02-23-2011, 10:35 PM
Escobar, I can go tomorrow night if you are available.

Kingpin32
02-23-2011, 10:55 PM
Kingpin, I should be available by 7:30 eastern Thursday and earlier on Friday -- maybe 5:30 or so if all goes well.

I have to work at 8 central tomorrow, so Thursday may work out if I'm not tired since I'll be starting my second job tomorrow also. I'll let you know though.

gschwendt
02-23-2011, 11:10 PM
G - what's your schedule look like after we get an advance tonight? I'm playing Mors in SBCOL tomorrow night at 9 but might be able to roll after that depending on how stressful that game is. Or Friday is open for me.

Edit - Friday night after 9est is open for me.
I'm open for either tomorrow or Friday... just shoot me a text tomorrow night after your game vs mors. If not, then we'll go Friday. Saturday would likely have to be either early (ie start by noon at the latest) or late (start after 11pm CT). Sunday is currently open.

fsuprime
02-24-2011, 03:04 PM
before you try to do anything in OD

found this

Yes they are down, I just was on hold for 15+mins when i could finally get through. They are doing psn server maintenance till 5 pst. But some server are still up, and they will be more goin up untill 5pst. So 40 million users are trying to log on lol.

Any ways yes i got the same error codes, do not try to change your ps3 lol. Its them, they shouldve had a announcement about this, or maybe the error should say "doin maintenance code 1337", or maybe try this at late night lol. Anyways whew was trying to get on DC.

You might be able to log on here and there, but can possibly get booted off as

i'd hate for one of u to screw up on recruiting ;)

psuexv
02-24-2011, 03:07 PM
Papa stay out of Practice Mode, we don't want to have to reset. :)

psuexv
02-24-2011, 03:47 PM
Wisky/USC scheduled for 9 est tonight.

Papa LoneStar
02-24-2011, 03:52 PM
lol....glad I did my recruiting last night....I was in practice mode earlier then me and my son took a 2 hour nap (I love that little guy)....now I'm downloading The Show....with the speed on this wireless connection....I see I will have to let this drag out and hopefully it will be done when I get off tonight. Very excited about getting my son as a Rangers ace or SS. Is it realistic to have a 6'4" 240 pound shortstop? Maybe I should have him pitch....

RcSinger
02-24-2011, 06:13 PM
Ryby, I also am a GT'er. I recently bought GT5 but I haven't played it that much yet. Seems like the handling is much like the past versions. I have never raced against anyone who stood a chance in hell of beating me b/c everyone I know knows nothing about racing. I would like to get a race in with you some time.

psusnoop
02-24-2011, 07:11 PM
lol....glad I did my recruiting last night....I was in practice mode earlier then me and my son took a 2 hour nap (I love that little guy)....now I'm downloading The Show....with the speed on this wireless connection....I see I will have to let this drag out and hopefully it will be done when I get off tonight. Very excited about getting my son as a Rangers ace or SS. Is it realistic to have a 6'4" 240 pound shortstop? Maybe I should have him pitch....

Lol on nap, those are still close to my heart. My wife designates me the official nap officer in our house. I can sleep anywhere.

Lol on SS, maybe pitcher

ryby6969
02-24-2011, 07:21 PM
Ryby, I also am a GT'er. I recently bought GT5 but I haven't played it that much yet. Seems like the handling is much like the past versions. I have never raced against anyone who stood a chance in hell of beating me b/c everyone I know knows nothing about racing. I would like to get a race in with you some time.

Sounds good. We have race nights every Wed at 9pm est.

gschwendt
02-24-2011, 09:48 PM
Wisconsin overcomes an early 14-0 deficit to defeat the USC Trojans 28-21.
Southern Cal struck quickly taking their early lead in the first four minutes of the game largely behind their passing game exposing the Badgers' secondary. Wisconsin followed that up with their bread & butter running the ball and draining the clock, eventually leading to a eight yard rush by HB Brandon Mangum. After making some defensive adjustments, Wisconsin managed to keep USC off of the board until just inside of seven minutes remained in the game as they tied it up at 21 apiece. Wisconsin continued to drain the clock as they marched up the field eventually scoring on a 16 yard pass from QB Jon Hunter to WR Jeff Everson with 2:23 left in the game. USC attempted to follow up on that but Badger CB Adam Landry made a great play on a post route thrown to the receiver he was covering picking it off. From there, HB Deon Brown put the Badgers on his back and allowed his team to run out the remaining clock.

With the win, Wisconsin moves to 2-0 on the early season and finally able to return home to host Arizona after a long early season road trip.

Players of the game:
HB Deon Brown 24 carries 111 yards 1 touchdown
WR Phillip Singleton 6 catches 77 yards (several key third down receptions)

Kingpin32
02-24-2011, 10:05 PM
My bad Jeff, when I came home today I went straight into a nap before I had to work today. Tomorrow I should be free most of the day.

JeffHCross
02-24-2011, 10:07 PM
My bad Jeff, when I came home today I went straight into a nap before I had to work today. Tomorrow I should be free most of the day.No worries. I figured you'd crashed, though I didn't realize until now that you may have meant that you were working at 8 pm. Lol.

I should be home at a decent hour tomorrow. If not, I'm definitely here all night.

With the win, Wisconsin moves to 2-0 on the early season and finally able to return home to host Arizona after a long early season road trip.How does two games constitute a "long" trip? lol. I think I'm going on a 4-week one in mid-season.

psuexv
02-24-2011, 10:32 PM
Yeah good game G as always. I had my chances but got to give props to the Badgers for not rolling over after the intial onslaught

Kingpin32
02-24-2011, 10:39 PM
No worries. I figured you'd crashed, though I didn't realize until now that you may have meant that you were working at 8 pm. Lol.

Cool tomorrow should work.

gschwendt
02-24-2011, 10:45 PM
How does two games constitute a "long" trip? lol. I think I'm going on a 4-week one in mid-season.
Yeah but mine is to open the season... after having a BYE in week 1 and then road trips in weeks 2 & 3, the fans in Madison are getting anxious, though the anticipation has successfully driven up the price of tickets to see the opening game of the #2 Badgers.

Iron Dragon
02-25-2011, 06:21 AM
I haven't played a Powerhouse game in two weeks and will get my game in this morning or afternoon. The Sooners kick off with top 25 (I believe) LSU.

Oneback
02-25-2011, 06:39 AM
Michigan @ Texas kicks off tonight when Papa gets home.

gschwendt
02-25-2011, 11:50 AM
Yeah good game G as always. I had my chances but got to give props to the Badgers for not rolling over after the intial onslaught
Hmmm... I'm trying to edit the video from our game but everytime I try to edit it, it crashes my program. I'm looking at work-arounds but since it wouldn't let me do it last night after our game, I don't know when I'll find time to get to it.

Iron Dragon
02-25-2011, 12:41 PM
#14 Sooners def. #12 LSU 38-17

Freshman QB 5-star Lee Williams left the game with a minor injury and was held out after a 205 yard passing day and a TD but 2 INTs. Freshman 4-star backup Randy Smith tossed the ball around for 78 yards and TD and ran for 24 as well.

Nick Webster's 148 rushing yards and 2 TDs along with Lamar Washington's 13 yard TD led the way on the ground.

Erik Richardson caught 5 passes for 159 yards and 2 TDs including an 83 yard TD.

Brad Roberson had an INT on defense for the Sooners.

Papa LoneStar
02-25-2011, 01:49 PM
I couldn't imagine the joy you have that you have a capable QB, ID

Iron Dragon
02-25-2011, 02:35 PM
I couldn't imagine the joy you have that you have a capable QB, ID

I'm still too hesitant to throw anything 20+ yards after last year, the 82 yard throw was a thing of beauty, about a 50-yard perfectly thrown ball, something that we couldn't do last year at all.

JeffHCross
02-25-2011, 04:54 PM
Kingpin, I'm home but it'll be a little while before I'm available. Got to take care of something then probably eat dinner first. Let me know what you're up to tonight, otherwise I'll just find you on PSN.

Kingpin32
02-25-2011, 06:04 PM
Kingpin, I'm home but it'll be a little while before I'm available. Got to take care of something then probably eat dinner first. Let me know what you're up to tonight, otherwise I'll just find you on PSN.

I got to go to an event at 7 and I may be back around 8 or 9 central. I'll make sure to log on to PSN when I get back in.

JeffHCross
02-25-2011, 06:37 PM
I got to go to an event at 7 and I may be back around 8 or 9 central. I'll make sure to log on to PSN when I get back in.Sounds good, I'll be around.

Oneback
02-25-2011, 11:40 PM
Down goes Texas, down goes Texas! 43-42 in overtime on a 2-point coversion.

Papa LoneStar
02-25-2011, 11:46 PM
:(

Papa LoneStar
02-25-2011, 11:58 PM
24 game winning streak snapped in 2015
21 game winning streak snapped in 2011

Both in Austin while having the #1 toughest place....both in OT....both as defending national champs....both to a Big 10 team....

Burrrrnnnn

JeffHCross
02-26-2011, 12:04 AM
I would love to say that your winning streak won't reach 11 this year ... but yeah, let's be real here ... you'll probably score more in the 1st quarter than I'll score in the game.

JeffHCross
02-26-2011, 12:46 AM
I got to go to an event at 7 and I may be back around 8 or 9 central. I'll make sure to log on to PSN when I get back in.Didn't see Kingpin on any tonight, so I guess we'll play tomorrow. I expect I'll be around all day, and if not on PSN then on the forums at least.

fsuprime
02-26-2011, 08:16 AM
wow gg guys, good call oneback, always go for 2 as the underdog in the opposing teams stadium

Papa LoneStar
02-26-2011, 08:23 AM
The sad part is his game recording equipment is packed up :(

Oneback
02-26-2011, 08:49 AM
wow gg guys, good call oneback, always go for 2 as the underdog in the opposing teams stadium

That was pretty much my thought, I've played papa enough to know that "things" happen. He was playing catch-up the entire second half and with 39 seconds left I again took a 7 point lead only to give it up at the end of regulation, I just knew the longer the game went on the higher the probability of something happening.

On the two point play, I had set him up all game long with two plays from the same formation attacking the flat to the motion side. As soon as he saw motion he took a guy out of coverage to cover the flat, seeing that I knew my slot receiver to the other side of the formation would beat his man on the 5 yard stop route, it was just up to me to deliver the ball on-time. Threw the ball as soon as he made his break and the corner was completly out of position as the game was won.

Most of the first half was spent giving eachother jabs and probe for weak spots, in the second half each of us were landing haymakers.

The key to the game was making Campbell work for his yardage. He got free from time to time but was never able to break the long run. My weakness is at corner but they were able to come away with some good plays and my linebackers and safeties played an awesome game intercepting two passes, one for a defensive touchdown and keeping Campbell in a box for most of the game.

JeffHCross
02-26-2011, 10:47 AM
That was pretty much my thought, I've played papa enough to know that "things" happen.I wish you could have seen some of my games against him in previous versions of the game. We've had things happen that shouldn't be possible.

Papa LoneStar
02-26-2011, 11:12 AM
The bad part was that was my ROLB covering the slot.

My DC mentioned that he was expecting a run....he has been told that giving up 5 offensive TDs is unacceptable at the University of Texas.

Papa LoneStar
02-26-2011, 11:29 AM
@Jeff....the only person I will accept that from is Prime....Mike Davis had an incredible catch and run on a TD on a tipped pass by a DE in last year's title game. It was one of those WTF moments. Any other stuff is just plain ole legendary stick skills....lol

JeffHCross
02-26-2011, 11:40 AM
@Jeff....the only person I will accept that from is Prime....Mike Davis had an incredible catch and run on a TD on a tipped pass by a DE in last year's title game. It was one of those WTF moments. Any other stuff is just plain ole legendary stick skills....lolStick Skills? Shenanigans. Not for Central Michigan vs Miami, at least.

Papa LoneStar
02-26-2011, 11:53 AM
lol....I miss those impact RB....he was a beast at slot WR....especially with YOUR QB throwing to him :)

Kingpin32
02-26-2011, 12:09 PM
I'm online now. My phone went dead last night so I couldn't update you on my status.

JeffHCross
02-26-2011, 12:46 PM
A&M and Oregon about to kick off. Once we're done, only Escobar vs Ryby remains.

ryby6969
02-26-2011, 01:08 PM
Miami and Clemson will kick off in 20 minutes.

JeffHCross
02-26-2011, 01:55 PM
A&M defeats Oregon 48-20. The score is deceiving because outside of one quarter, the game was very even.

Great game Kingpin. Sorry about that last TD, he was the first one to come open against your pressure -- I should have dove rather than run it in. I honestly think that, playcall for playcall, you beat me today. I just got lucky with some big plays.

I also hope you know at the end of the game I was just running the clock rather than run up the score after I got deep in your end. Never sure what to do in that situation.

ryby6969
02-26-2011, 02:05 PM
Miami and Clemson were disconnected in the 2nd qtr and will have to be played tonight at 12:30est

JeffHCross
02-26-2011, 02:07 PM
Kingpin, did I see right that you got 94 Skills points in Season Showdown? Wowza.

------------------

Reports of the demise of Texas A&M's quarterbacking were greatly exaggerated. Sophomore QB Patrick Melton, in his first career start, found the holes in the Oregon defense to the tune of 21-26 for 317 yards and 5 TDs. He may not be the 5-star-All-Everything other Pac-10 schools get, but the fans in College Station are glad he's an Aggie.

Melton was able to lead 3 scoring drives in the final three minutes of the first half, breaking a 7-7 tie into a 28-7 lead at halftime, which made all the difference in the game. HB Justin Love was serviceable in a support role, rushing 16 times for 177 yards, including a 74 yard burst which iced the game.

Kingpin32
02-26-2011, 03:37 PM
A&M defeats Oregon 48-20. The score is deceiving because outside of one quarter, the game was very even.

Great game Kingpin. Sorry about that last TD, he was the first one to come open against your pressure -- I should have dove rather than run it in. I honestly think that, playcall for playcall, you beat me today. I just got lucky with some big plays.

I also hope you know at the end of the game I was just running the clock rather than run up the score after I got deep in your end. Never sure what to do in that situation.

I think your team has a lot of talent. I was on my 3rd string RB and my secondary is young. Good game though.

And I knew you wasn't trying to run the score up, things just happen sometimes lol.

JeffHCross
02-26-2011, 11:17 PM
Miami and Clemson were disconnected in the 2nd qtr and will have to be played tonight at 12:30estGo-Go Gadget ... Miami & Clemson? (This is my way of hoping the game's still on)

ryby6969
02-27-2011, 01:01 AM
Clemson knocks off Miami 40-29. GG Escobar.

JeffHCross
02-27-2011, 11:26 AM
lol....I miss those impact RB....he was a beast at slot WR....especially with YOUR QB throwing to him :)I just now saw this.

You suck.

( For those that weren't around, what happened is that my starting QB was injured in Week 13 or so, then inexplicably transferred from me to Papa. This was on NCAA 09, when Online Dynasty members (other than the commish) couldn't use Players Leaving )

psusnoop
02-27-2011, 02:42 PM
Haha that is funny, well not for you :P