PDA

View Full Version : Community Sound-Off: What do you think will be in NCAA Football 12?

cdj
02-21-2011, 07:48 PM
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA11/FSUHelmetZoom2.jpg

It's quickly becoming that time of year as it should only be a matter of weeks until we get our first NCAA Football 12 info. (The first NCAA 11 blogs and screenshot were released in March of last year.) While we know what the community wants in the franchise, we want to know what you think will actually be in NCAA Football 12.

As a starting point, here are the top eight items from the 2010 NCAA Football Community Wish List Tournament: Custom Playbooks, Special Teams Overhaul, WR/DB Match-up, Improved CPU Playcalling, Coaching Carousel, Depth Chart Improvements, Improved Defensive Playbooks, and Improved Offensive Playbooks. Which features or aspects do you think will be in NCAA 12?

Keep in mind - this is not what you want in the franchise, but specifically what you think will be in NCAA Football 12. Will the game be feature-laden or will it consist of more under-the-hood changes? So far, our only NCAA 12 information (and vague, at that) came via the Madden NFL Developer Podcast when it was stated that the Central Gameplay Team for the two football titles would be working on improving the defense and eliminating suction blocking (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?1272-Defense-Eliminating-Suction-Blocking-Among-Focus-for-Central-Gameplay-Team).

JeffHCross
02-21-2011, 07:58 PM
Which features or aspects do you think will be in NCAA 12?All of 'em.

Custom Playbooks, Special Teams Overhaul, WR/DB Match-up, Improved CPU Playcalling, Coaching Carousel, Depth Chart Improvements, Improved Defensive Playbooks, and Improved Offensive Playbooks.

Hey, I gotta be an optimist about something!

steelerfan
02-21-2011, 08:30 PM
As many of the Elite 8 as possible would make a lot of the Community very happy. It's hard to say what will make it in,who knows? Your guess is as good (or bad) as mine. I'm just glad we're getting to the time of year where we should start getting some info.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

CLW
02-21-2011, 08:31 PM
I think illegally paying recruits $200K to play QB will make it to the game this year. Of course, if you get caught the NCAA will lay the hammer down on you. UNLESS, you are playing for a National title. If that is the case, they will "suspend" the player for a day of practice before handing him the Heisman Trophy.

cdj
02-21-2011, 08:36 PM
Based on the Madden Podcast, I think we can expect defensive improvements on the field. Presentation-wise, I'm not sure how they top or improve what they added in 11. (Don't even suggest dreads! :P) Big feature-wise? I don't know what to guess yet. Looking at the 2009 survey (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?311-Revisiting-the-2009-NCAA-Football-Survey), maybe some college version of GameFlow? That would fit one of the bigger item descriptions.

morsdraconis
02-21-2011, 08:50 PM
Sadly, anything short of a coaching carousel or at least significant improvements made to the defensive playbook (or a custom playbook) will be a HUGE disappointment for me.

Coachdenz
02-21-2011, 09:52 PM
What I think:
Defensive improvements
Roster updates and a few new
Animations.

I don't want any kind of gameflow
In this game. I don't want anything calling
My plays if so I would play run for the
Heisman or whateve it's called, but with that said
Something like this will be
In the game.....again we get
Left overs from Madden when this is the better game.

steelerfan
02-22-2011, 12:52 AM
Dunno, denz. What Madden leftovers did we get stuck with last year? I think those days are behind us. NCAA 11 had some features that Madden 11 didn't. I agree though. NCAA > Madden.

gschwendt
02-22-2011, 08:45 AM
I have a feeling that EA recognizes that this is the year that custom playbooks has to make it in... the community demand for it has grown enough that it will be one of the big features. Just hopefully though they do it bigger/better than last gen which had several annoyances with it. Beyond that, it's hard to say... lots of potential to build off of NCAA11.

MCdonnieG
02-22-2011, 08:50 AM
hmmm good question...I think the following will make it in NCAA Football 12

1)Improved Defensive Zone/Man coverage

2)Even more running,catching and tackling animations....locomotion will even look better than last years!

3)NCAA Sanctions/Violations

4)Re-Vamped Road to Glory Mode

souljahbill
02-22-2011, 09:01 AM
Besides the customary new animations, I think custom playbooks are getting in this year and I think, based off of the dev team's requests, the game is going to sound better. I don't think they'd ask for cheerleader chants and band locations without putting some emphasis into the sound design. I think improved defense is also a focus but hopefully in a natural way and not in a "blow through the o-line, super jumping lb's, secondary mirroring receivers" type a way.

Kwizzy
02-22-2011, 10:20 AM
The only things I would be fairly confident are in would be custom playbooks and improved defense. Like gschwendt said, the demand for CPBKs has been so high I gotta think they make it in. But, then again, I would've thought they were a given last year too so that shows how unpredictable it is. I think defense would be a solid bet due to the madden blog and the issues in '11.

There are plenty of other things that I would THINK should make it in however it's tough to tell.

jaymo76
02-22-2011, 01:18 PM
Coaching carousel... just because it was one of the few features not to make 11 that was on the EA list from last year. Throw in custom playbooks and my summer is complete. :D

Boucher
02-22-2011, 01:32 PM
Im thinking we get Saturday Night football and like a career mode in dynasty so you have something to work towards

TheTruth43
02-22-2011, 02:36 PM
Sadly, anything short of a coaching carousel or at least significant improvements made to the defensive playbook (or a custom playbook) will be a HUGE disappointment for me. I agree 100%. I think that the following will be in NCAA Football 12 : Custom Playbooks, Coaching Carousel, Improved Defensive Playbooks, Defensive improvements. :nod:

CLW
02-22-2011, 04:13 PM
Honestly, I just don't see anything "major" (like on the line with online dynasty) coming this year.

I'm hoping for:

#1 Improved Defense

#2 Improved CPU Logic (i.e. playcalling, clock management, Georgia Tech going after mobile QBs instead of QBs with speed in the 40s, etc...)

I was DOWN on this series recently until this year. I can say with certainty I have enjoyed 11 more than any game in the series on this generation of consoles and probably as much since the 04-05 "glory days".

Jayrah
02-22-2011, 04:41 PM
Sadly, anything short of a coaching carousel or at least significant improvements made to the defensive playbook (or a custom playbook) will be a HUGE disappointment for me.

+/+/+ I also agree with this. In my opinion both/all 3 make it in. I'm hoping with this that they add the ability to "request or offer" coaches (including coordinators) the job at your school, and have them accept or deny your request based on their goals as a coach. That would make the feature very solid addition systematically. But it should be added in some form, based on the way that things panned out from last season, the base is down for it to happen.

+/+/+ DEFENSE: D-Playbook is WAY FAR overdue for an upgrade. That and coverages will be the focus on D.

+ OFFENSE: Also I think some expansion of blocking schemes and really overall schemes to the offense, particularly the running game with fly sweeps and some different read option schemes will be added, which would be a nice mix with a new defensive approach.

-/-/- SPECIAL TEAMS: Upgrade? Maybe...Overhaul? No. I would be shocked and totally impressed if they have the time this year. An upgrade to the return game would be welcome though. Just some slight tweaks. Could be as simple as suction blocking being removed to make a difference in angles.

+/+/+ MISC GAMEPLAY: Of course Animations are normally, if not always, upgraded. I hope they actually "expand" this years animations instead of scrapping them though. I love what we have as a base package, just make more of them.

3 good examples of what I think we will see here: 1) We are particularly in need of DB/WR interaction, which I have been clamoring for for a couple years. 2) Look for more "styles" of player being defined through animations at each position, including a better Option Game representation between rb/wr and qb. 3) Suction blocking removal (FINALLY). 11 got much further in this area than any previous version on the new gen. Time to fully remove this and make blocking relevant on angles, footwork and ability. This will be a much bigger addition than it sounds like, making the game a very free flowing game based on true decisions with the runner and as a defender instead of guessing from time to time. NOTE: It will not make it "easier" to run behind your blockers, nor will it make it "easier" to avoid blockers. It will make it "better" and give even more control to you as a decision maker and ultimately play caller, both offensively AND defensively.

=/- CONFERENCES: Obviously a major shakeup will have to take place this season for the team. I don't see Custom Conferences making it in this year because of that, and I am afraid we may have some major scheduling snafu in multiple conferences. But I can't wait to see what it looks like anyway.

= RECRUITING: Something will be done to increase productivity in the recruiting game. CPU recruiting still needs fixed, and there really needs to be more styles of player added to our boards. This is not a huge fix this year with a million hrs of man power, as 11's recruiting is actually fun for the first time in years, but upgrading will be welcome.

= MISC NON GAMEPLAY: Atmosphere is obviously also a concern for the team, and I think that they thought that adding cheerleaders to the sideline and then 2 years ago the band to the pregame was going to be a bigger impact to the overall feel of the game, and it never delivered the way they hoped. Last season took a major step forward with pregame and postgame festivities and presentation. More entrances will be added, and cheerleaders will now become even more involved (which I honestly don't need right now but an upgrade is an upgrade :))). As has been stated, it'll be tough to equal last season's efforts.

-/-/- I am not at all sold on the band location making it into this seasons game. However, the community got it into place so quickly that it just may have a shot. God just please also let my crowd be upgraded if they do add the band to it! PLEASE! I've been thinking this was going to be upgraded for 3 years now!

+/+ Equipment is again a must imo. Dreads and lengthy hair will appease the community, and several facemasks were left out last season. Those all make it in with some new unis for many a team IMO.

**It seems like a lot, but I think they've set the bar with the new regime from last year and I think they can exceed expectation..... again!

steelerfan
02-22-2011, 08:33 PM
Very good list, Jayrah. I hope you're more right than wrong. :)

Jayrah
02-24-2011, 03:42 PM
Very good list, Jayrah. I hope you're more right than wrong. :)

I hope so too. :nod:

psusnoop
02-24-2011, 08:06 PM
Me too!

psusnoop
02-24-2011, 08:08 PM
I'm big on coaching, and improved defense for sure.

Pig Bomb
02-24-2011, 10:14 PM
I expect them to add features that appeal to casual gamers, which has been the trend. EA are chasing Nintendo kids and have all but abandoned "if it's in the game"! Realistic sim style players are getting the shaft. I doubt I will be buying this year after buying every version ever made. Sad.

Maybe they'll surprise me...but it doesn't look like it.

steelerfan
02-25-2011, 03:07 AM
I expect them to add features that appeal to casual gamers, which has been the trend.

So, which feature was added that appealed to the casual, "Nintendo" crowd last year? Was it the entrances? Locomotion? Play styles (aka 120 WTW)? Was it the no-huddle system? Clue us in because, I believe, most of us think you're waaaaay of in which way the series is going.

MCdonnieG
02-25-2011, 03:05 PM
I expect them to add features that appeal to casual gamers, which has been the trend. EA are chasing Nintendo kids and have all but abandoned "if it's in the game"! Realistic sim style players are getting the shaft. I doubt I will be buying this year after buying every version ever made. Sad.

Keep the faith bruhtha!! Trust and believe the NCAA & Madden Dev crew has been listening and taking notes on what the hardcore/longtime fans would like to see and have implemented into Madden 12. True fans always support what they love no matter what....remember that

MCdonnieG
02-25-2011, 03:08 PM

2)Even more running,catching and tackling animations....locomotion will even look better than last years!

Oh I forgot a sidenote...I hope that they add Mouthpieces to the game as well. I know it's a small feature but I would love to see the Eddie George/Marshal Faulk mouthpiece make it back into the game...

JBHuskers
02-25-2011, 04:14 PM
Oh I forgot a sidenote...I hope that they add Mouthpieces to the game as well. I know it's a small feature but I would love to see the Eddie George/Marshal Faulk mouthpiece make it back into the game...

...and for it to fall out on a big hit (kinda like on EA MMA) :)

jaymo76
02-25-2011, 10:29 PM
I can't help but wonder which one of these years the series will introduce analog passing. The Show 11 has analog controls this year and it seems like a nice touch. As well, I do enjoy NHL 11's analog stick control. This could be a nice option for NCAA.

JeffHCross
02-25-2011, 11:55 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, jaymo, but Analog Stick Control in NHL 11 is just controlling the stick, dekes, etc. Not passes, right? Any manual passing with the sticks, and I've used similar systems in hockey, basketball, etc, always seems to border on both too sensitive and too forgiving.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it one day, but it's a tough thing to get right, so I also wouldn't be disappointed to never see it.

Jayrah
02-28-2011, 01:11 AM

You must not have played 11... :dunno:

Not sure what you saw last season that you thought was totally casual-gamer based or appealing.

MCdonnieG
02-28-2011, 08:51 AM
...and for it to fall out on a big hit (kinda like on EA MMA) :)

You read my mind bruhtha!! This would be SUPER nice!!!:drool:

Coachdenz
02-28-2011, 08:25 PM
NCAA Football 12 takes the journey of the college athlete to the next level of depth and authenticity. Experience the pride and pageantry of gameday Saturday with all new enhanced in-game presentation, traditions and school specific crowd celebrations. Make an impact on the field as your team takes down your heated rival on the road to the National Championship.

you know this could mean a lot. revamped RTG mode, online RTG mode, online RTG team mode (which I believe Madden has online team mode). None of which I have any intrest in but could be fun for the people who do.

baseballplyrmvp
02-28-2011, 09:28 PM
enhanced in-game presentation= more stat overlays and/or dynamic commentary??? maybe halftime or pregame show?

MCdonnieG
03-02-2011, 09:49 AM
enhanced in-game presentation= more stat overlays and/or dynamic commentary??? maybe halftime or pregame show?

:drool: Lets hope for this bud!!!

champ195797
04-09-2011, 08:07 AM

And under armour ,army,and spring games

ram29jackson
04-09-2011, 03:54 PM
you know this could mean a lot. revamped RTG mode, online RTG mode, online RTG team mode (which I believe Madden has online team mode). None of which I have any intrest in but could be fun for the people who do.

no, its the same overbearing stuff they spew to attract the new batch of 12 year olds to the game. Its a very general promo.

enhanced just means= uuu look, we changed the colors!

Rudy
04-10-2011, 07:27 AM
WHAT I EXPECT TO SEE

* Zone defense will be much improved. They have stated defense is a big priority and zone defense was so poor last year it was virtually unusable. It can't get any worse.
* Play action passes will be improved. This was another feature pretty well broken with far too much risk than reward last year. I hope play recognition of defensive players isn't as psychic this year to allow fakes to actually fool DL. Again, it can't be any worse than last year so I expect it to improve.
* Presentation will be better. I really hope we get improved dynasty commentary. Actually commenting on a player's previous game and things like that would be nice. Also, varying the replays so we don't always get the zoomed in splice type replay and get more true broadcast variety will be nice.

WHAT I HOPE TO SEE

* Improved cpu AI on both offense and defense. These areas have always been pretty weak this generation. I think the cpu plays a smarter and more varied game in every other sports video game. Last year they touted 120 ways to win and yet it really only applied to pro style offenses. Option offense and the running QB have been horribly implemented this generation. They got the option blocking in last year but the blocking did hold up well enough as DL broke into the backfield way too quick. With Cam Newton leading the way last year and Denard Robinson also providing excitement I have to think the NCAA team will improve the cpu's ability to run the spread. Oregon should be a tough team to play instead of an easy offense to stop. Jury is definitely out on this.

The defensive AI has been very bad too with overly blitz happy teams on 3rd down that constantly leave the slot WR open. The over reliance on double CB blitzes and vary outdated defensive playbooks will hopefully be alleviated with the new plays they are implementing.

* More Dynamic Players. I would like to see a bigger difference between great and mediocre players. I want elite players to dominate on offense and defense and force you to gameplay more appropriately. Currently I don't see great players dominate enough. I realize this is a delicate balance but I want greater players to have a bigger impact. I also want to see more personality. Every cpu RB feels like the run the ball the same way. I want to see fast and quick RBs juke and spin more and big RBs lower their shoulder and stiff arm.

* The Return of the Stiff Arm and Shoulder Charge. The stiff arm has been MIA on the PS3 this entire generation. It never works so nobody even uses it anymore and it is solely missing from the game's moves. The shoulder charge was a fun move in the past but the reliance on the dual sticks last year (complete failure and waste of time imo) removed it's effectiveness. Again, these two things can't be much worse from last year so I expect an improvement but given the lack of attention to stiff arm over the last four years it can't be assumed.

* More Camera Angles. They have pretty much promised some people the broadcast camera so I do expect more than one camera angle this year. I would love the idea of user cams but that appears a lost cause. MLB 2K11 has fielding camera options listed as 2K9, 2K10 and 2K11 along with a few tilt and zoom options. Would it be that hard for the NCAA team to offer each of the previous year's camera angles to the game even if they didn't provide zoom options? For those that liked the lower and zoomed in NCAA 10 cam (which I hated) why not provide that option?

* More Sliders. For three straight years the NCAA team has either shipped the game with sliders that didn't work properly or botched some sliders with a patch. I'm hoping that isn't the case this year. But I really want more sliders. Fumbles, fatigue and injuries have been in Madden for two years so I do expect those to be in NCAA 12. No excuse for them not to. What I would like to see (but probably won't) are sliders to split pass coverage between man and zone (would really help us fine-tune this problem ourselves if it's as bad as last year). I'd like a pass deflection slider to allow us to keep LBs from jumping high in the air and knocking too many balls down (the knockdown slider in past editions let us do this). I'd also like to see a slider for option run blocking. It's very clear that pro style attacks have an advantage in the running game over teams relying on the read option. If the dev team won't balance this out give us a slider to allow us to fix it.

* Player Discipline in Dynasty. With all of the off field problems in the world of college football and the fact that discipline was a feature on the PS2 I do expect this and/or player morale to be implemented in NCAA 12. Maybe that's wishful thinking.

THINGS I WOULD LIKE BUT DON'T EXPECT

* In Game Saves! This hasn't done that well in the voting tournaments and the devs seem to think simming makes this unnecessary. The young devs seem to think of this option as virtually useless to them while a family man like myself that gets 75% of his gaming done early in the morning before my kids wake up would love it. Currently in my MLB 2K11 franchise, I've probably used this feature on half of my games. I play and if one of my kids wake up early I save and finish it that night or the next day. No worries about starting the next game. I can't risk that in NCAA and I would love it in NCAA 12 but I won't hold my breath.

* Heavier Player Momentum and/or Momentum Options. Last year EA touted "locomotion" and while player momentum was improved I still felt it didn't go nearly far enough. The lack of player momentum makes defending the pass too difficult and is my biggest complaint. This was never a problem in the heavier momentum based PS2 games. But the devs seem to prefer the current system and unless they provide a momentum option like the speed options I will be out of luck. This isn't a big outrage because a lot of players seem to play as DL and then just switch defensive players once the ball is in the air. I would love to be able to play as a LB or S and actually do a good job covering people.

* Route Based Passing. I have always struggled to get the ball to my outside WRs enough on short and intermediate routes. The game has always made it easier to complete passes to the slot WR, particularly on 3rd down. Part of this reason is that cpu DBs are sometimes a bit psychic on plays making these throws risky. The other reason is that those plays in real life are heavily based on timing which is too hard to use in EA's football games. A timing/route based system would involve holding down a trigger (let's say L2) while throwing so that your QB throws the ball exactly where the WR is supposed to be. Usually if you throw the ball too soon in an EA football game it just leads the WR down the path he currently runs and not the route he is supposed to run. This problem has made EA's passing games more reliant on the big plays and not enough on the short passing game.

steelerfan
04-10-2011, 10:48 AM
The stiff arm has been MIA on the PS3 this entire generation. It never works so nobody even uses it anymore and it is solely missing from the game's moves.

One area I will disagree on. I use the stiff arm every game. It works, IMO, at a realistic rate too. The thing with using it is this. You have to anticipate needing it and press the button as the defender is approaching. This gives a realistic delay between the decision and the execution of the move. Last gen, the ball carrier was equipped with a "flipper" that would unrealistically spring into engaging the nano-second the button was pressed. It works now, but you can't decide to use it at impact. Next time I pull one off, I'll upload it to EASW and post the link here.

Rudy
04-10-2011, 11:50 AM
One area I will disagree on. I use the stiff arm every game. It works, IMO, at a realistic rate too. The thing with using it is this. You have to anticipate needing it and press the button as the defender is approaching. This gives a realistic delay between the decision and the execution of the move. Last gen, the ball carrier was equipped with a "flipper" that would unrealistically spring into engaging the nano-second the button was pressed. It works now, but you can't decide to use it at impact. Next time I pull one off, I'll upload it to EASW and post the link here.

Are you saying you have to do it earlier then?

JBHuskers
04-10-2011, 12:08 PM
Yeah the stiff arm isn't an arcady Blitz-like animation either, it's more subtle. However, there are times where that defender will get completely blown up.

steelerfan
04-10-2011, 12:20 PM
Are you saying you have to do it earlier then?

Yes. I usually use it on the edges against a DB. Press the button a couple steps before you engage the defender. Go to practice, run some tosses and try it when you get a defender on the edge coming at you from the side or at an angle. You'll get it down quickly once you nail it the first time.

JeffHCross
04-10-2011, 06:10 PM
Rudy, good list. However, it seems heavy on gameplay and light on features. Are you thinking this is going to be a "tinker" year (for lack of a better description)?

Also, regarding the stiff-arm, I found one animation where the tackler will be engaged and then if I hit stiff arm my guy will push him off. Haven't figured out rhyme or reason, I just know I've managed to do it a few times.

Rudy
04-10-2011, 06:34 PM
Rudy, good list. However, it seems heavy on gameplay and light on features. Are you thinking this is going to be a "tinker" year (for lack of a better description)?

Also, regarding the stiff-arm, I found one animation where the tackler will be engaged and then if I hit stiff arm my guy will push him off. Haven't figured out rhyme or reason, I just know I've managed to do it a few times.

I do think that this year is one of those refining years. Imo the game doesn't need monster new features. They HAVE added new lighting and dreadlocks but the real improvements will come from within like improving playbooks, AI, the spread, etc. I think NCAA 11 made a big leap from NCAA 10. I don't know if NCAA 12 can make the same leap. How often do you see big leaps two years in a row from a sports game? I just think the odds of seeing any big new features or monster improvements are against NCAA. Madden 10 was considered a big jump forward while Madden 11 was viewed by some as just a smaller evolutionary jump forward. And when I see the dev team asking for help about cheerleader chants and cannon locations, those don't seem to be big items added. Gives me the "windsock of NCAA 10" feelings all over again and I haven't been more disappointed in a game than NCAA 10 in a long time.

My list is a critical look at the game and I do tend to be overly critical. It's always easier to spot things you don't like than talk about the things you do. I recognize I can be too critical but that's just me. I had a lot of fun with NCAA 11. There are a number of improvements in small areas that could make the game better but the #1 improvement to the game is the cpu AI. Tons of guys like to play online because they like the challenge of playing another human. EA needs to improve the cpu to where I think I'm playing a decent human rather than your dumb little brother. I know football has this the hardest due to the varying offenses and having 22 players on the field all having to work together but it's still a crucial area.

Marketing guys will always want a feature to sell on the back of the box. I don't know what that will be this year.

MtneerManiac
04-10-2011, 08:05 PM
You must not have played 11... :dunno:

Not sure what you saw last season that you thought was totally casual-gamer based or appealing.
The average of 6+ seconds in the pocket to pass almost every passing play? How about the horribly overpowered (the fact that its even in the game is bad enough) commit feature? How about the ability to run back and forth with a scrambling QB and throw perfect bombs downfield?

NCAA 11 was a step up, but the NCAA series is still not geared towards anything but casual gamers.

Rudy
04-11-2011, 04:41 AM
I think the one thing that I didn't list was a true physics based system. I don't know if we'll see that this generation.

I would love to see a more varied DL system and a system where you can truly speed rush the corner with a DE. If an OT gets slight contact I would still like to see the DE get upfield fast and either get the sack or let the OT push him past the QB. The current system is still way too dependent on having the two players make contact, stop moving as they engage each other and then have a win/loss system where the DL breaks into the backfield if he wins.

steelerfan
04-11-2011, 01:46 PM
The average of 6+ seconds in the pocket to pass almost every passing play?

6+ seconds average? Stop playing on Varsity.

Jayrah
04-11-2011, 04:25 PM
The average of 6+ seconds in the pocket to pass almost every passing play? How about the horribly overpowered (the fact that its even in the game is bad enough) commit feature? How about the ability to run back and forth with a scrambling QB and throw perfect bombs downfield?

NCAA 11 was a step up, but the NCAA series is still not geared towards anything but casual gamers.

Sliders has cured all of those for me (save for commit, which I don't use). The pocket needs to collapse more but I rarely get or use close to 6 seconds to make a decision. And the "sliders are broken" argument is bogus. They do work in combination with opposite sliders. AKA run block vs run defense. I think they should have a little more effect, but they work. The game is a base casual game... It has to be, it always will be. Sliders are geared toward allowing those that want a more realistic experience to get one to their liking.

MtneerManiac
04-11-2011, 04:36 PM
6+ seconds average? Stop playing on Varsity.

It's definitely the case in ranked online matches.

steelerfan
04-11-2011, 07:37 PM
It's definitely the case in ranked online matches.

Well, I've only played one lobby game, it's not my thing. Other than that, it's all online and offline dynasties.

JeffHCross
04-11-2011, 08:52 PM
(the fact that its even in the game is bad enough)There is nothing wrong with the concept of Commit. Poor execution, maybe. But conceptually, it's realistic. And I'll give you overpowered (though not even close to as much as with NCAA 10).

ram29jackson
04-14-2011, 07:34 PM

did you see my Penn State run commit vids ? haha

yep, 5 guys doing a silver surfer impression is pretty stupid IIMMOO

baseballplyrmvp
04-15-2011, 07:16 PM
anyone think the new rules that were approved today, will be in the game?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6361845&campaign=rss&source=NCFHeadlines

Jayrah
04-16-2011, 04:57 AM
The only penalty there that would effect the video game.... 10 second runoff.... Prolly not.

Rudy
04-16-2011, 06:37 AM
I don't like the taunting rule at all in terms of removing the actual score. Let's not make it the No Fun League.

Jayrah
04-16-2011, 12:14 PM
Talking College Football Rudy.... Not nfl.

And their not removing anything. Spot foul for taunting in the field of play. Once you're in the endzone its gonna count the way it has in the past, with 15 on xp or kickoff.

I like the rule. I hope its called correctly. Raising the ball and pointing at the crowd should not be taunting, as long as its your crowd you point at. Also the salute should be the same way imo. They allow the army/navy schools to do it. All schools should be allowed.

psusnoop
04-16-2011, 03:19 PM
Yes. I usually use it on the edges against a DB. Press the button a couple steps before you engage the defender. Go to practice, run some tosses and try it when you get a defender on the edge coming at you from the side or at an angle. You'll get it down quickly once you nail it the first time.

In Powerhouse OD I moved my FB to HB this season and he is such a brute that I don't even try to juke or spin with him I just truck db's and stiff arm. The point you made about using it in advance ad anticipating the contact before hand is key. You don't shrug everytime either but it is a great way to gain more YAC yards.

psusnoop
04-16-2011, 03:24 PM
There is nothing wrong with the concept of Commit. Poor execution, maybe. But conceptually, it's realistic. And I'll give you overpowered (though not even close to as much as with NCAA 10).

Jeff we gave discussed the commit feature at times already but I couldn't agree more with what you said. I think the idea is there just gotta tweak the implementation of it. I find that I use it sparingly mostly around the goalline. I also use the pass commit on plays where I think the pass is coming. It is in my opinion leaps and bounds better in 11 then it was in 10.

steelerfan
04-16-2011, 05:01 PM
I find that I use it sparingly mostly around the goalline. I also use the pass commit on plays where I think the pass is coming. It is in my opinion leaps and bounds better in 11 then it was in 10.

This.

morsdraconis
04-16-2011, 05:07 PM
And I think the pass commit feature is the most overpowered thing I've ever seen (almost as bad as setting the gameplan feature to jump the snap all the time). The ability it gives DBs to jump 10 feet in the air and intercept the ball with one hand is the most ridiculous crap I've ever seen and it really isn't detrimental to stopping the run at all unless you're playing zone (where the LBs forget they're even playing defense when you pass commit in zone and they run the ball instead - I've literally seen LBs just stand there to get blocked by the FB instead of even making a move toward the ball carrier).

I HATE the commit features. They're so unrealistic, they're ridiculous. There's seriously no reason for them to be in the game. You don't need to run commit. That's what blitzing is for (hence the term - run blitz). No one tells their entire team "I want everyone to flow to the left on this next play, no matter what direction the ball is actually going." or "Don't play to the best of your ability at trying to stop the pass unless I tell ya to."

ram29jackson
04-16-2011, 05:19 PM
seriously , dont waste my time with bands and cannons. Sure, you want atmosphere, but thats the stuff you skip through after seeing it 3 times.

...ya know...I was just in teambuilder and Akrons stadium isnt available...? wasnt it there before ?

steelerfan
04-16-2011, 05:26 PM
seriously , dont waste my time with bands and cannons. Sure, you want atmosphere, but thats the stuff you skip through after seeing it 3 times.

...ya know...I was just in teambuilder and Akrons stadium isnt available...? wasnt it there before ?

IIRC, Akron's new stadium wasn't ready for 11 and it was requested that EA use a generic instead of the old stadium. IIRC, they said, with certainty, last year that Akron's new stadium will be in 12.

psusnoop
04-16-2011, 05:26 PM
Mors, for me I like the run commit down around the goalline. I know you can pick a nice blitz package but telling your front 7 to pressure the middle, or outsides is something that teams do IRL. Know I do know hat you mean if someone uses this on their 37yd line and think it is middle only to see it get outside for 7 because you lost containment with the commit. Hence why I said it isn't great but the idea is there if they could get the implementation done correctly.

The pass commit for me makes me think my DB'S are keying in on the pass instead of looking in the backfield, kinds like my CB looking at the QB to read his eyes prior to the throw. Now should I have to tell him that before the snap? Not sure I think u mentioned before that ratings could have a deeper impact on this and that might work but I don't think he feature is worthless either. Just think 3rd and goal from the 1, u know your friend loves to run PA here so u bring pressure but tell your coverage to stay on their man with the pass commit.

psusnoop
04-16-2011, 05:29 PM
I'm sure that Akron's stadium was not ready.

ram29jackson
04-16-2011, 05:40 PM
IIRC, Akron's new stadium wasn't ready for 11 and it was requested that EA use a generic instead of the old stadium. IIRC, they said, with certainty, last year that Akron's new stadium will be in 12.

but that disappoints me greatly haha
Akron had a nice older look to it...and there was some other stadium where the lighting was minimal...?

SmoothPancakes
04-16-2011, 05:41 PM

That is correct, that was the case last year. The new stadium wasn't completed by the time NCAA 11 came around and Akron officials specifically requested that EA not use their old stadium in last year's game, resulting in them just having a generic instead of the new one.