PDA

View Full Version : GURU's COACH SUITE (Mississippi State)

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
02-19-2011, 11:25 AM
PHILOSOPHY:

This is a SPREAD RUN OFFENSE... you will live and die by what you can create out of this as far as running the ball. When I bought the NCAA 11 title, I made a switch from the pass happy 450+ yards a game in passing to commit to a SPREAD RUN GAME. With the installation of viable read options (not the play but that you can actually read certain players) it has been interesting so far, and half way through the game cycle I really feel like I am gaining momentum on what I set out to do. One reason it has taken me so long is this year's game I haven't been afforded much time to play with more coaching and then there's a business me and my wife own taking off nicely in '10. The mindset you need for this offense is that of a PRO STYLE running attack.. BE PROUD OF 4 YARDS AND A CLOUD OF DUST! There is no reason to panic, freak out, (insert your own words here) if you are only getting 3-5 yards a rush. The way I run this offense is like a 3 & 4 wide boxing match. Jab, jab, jab, jab, jab on their body with power game from the "flex/offset" sets and then once you see them lower their guard, throw a nasty combo of audibles and no huddle at them. You must play with a physical mindset with this setup that I use, even if your team IS NOT physical. If you focus on your team's lack of physicality you will then lose focus of how this system will work, and you will stop staying ahead of the game and move into panic mode and play behind the game, all game long. Playing behind the game is discouraging, disheartening, and we all have experienced vs. people online where no matter how good your team is or how obviously bad your opponent is, you just constantly are behind the game, always feeling like your play calls are off, your decisions to throw are off, and the game just moves to fast for you, no matter what your level of play. SO, take this setup, learn it if you like the idea, and use it... Try it out, because it may not be for you, and you may run a similar setup with Miss St but just don't like my version, and that's what is great about football... A handful of schemes can be spread across the College Football landscape, and look so different from school to school.

CLOCK MANAGEMENT:

You would imagine that a "power minded" offense would want to eat up the clock but, this is totally based on where you use this system. OD's usually have guidelines on how you can run a no-huddle offense, if you can run one at all, or if you are in play now vs. Human opponent you have to factor in what they are doing on offense and how it will effect you. Plus you have to take into account how well you can run it, or how comfortable you are with the play calls. This setup is a good way to get started, but it is just a setup to allow you to customize your whole offense to the way YOU can/want to run it.

OFFENSIVE PERSONNEL:

This again is the listing for how I run this offense, but using my material as I have said and will repeat MANY MANY TIMES, make it your own if you want!

OL Universal: RUN FOCUSED! RECRUIT RUN BLOCKERS! The passing you will do out of my setup does not require much pass blocking, so go for the DOMINANT RUN BLOCKING GUYS! I won't list height/weight and such because all of that will depend on what school you are recruiting from, you won't land the same guys from Tulane that you get while at LSU, period. So it's pointless to list all of that and just stay focused on what will make it work.

WR: AS TALL AS YOU CAN GET, AS PHYSICAL AS YOU CAN GET. Don't waste your time chasing after the speed guys who can burn everyone, when called correctly this setup should put your guys in position to make the catches they need easily. BIG, TALL, POSSESSION WR's. Think of it as a long hand-off. :keith_yes

RB: This is your choice honestly, and depends on how fast you want to run this system or how powerful you want to be, I personally go for Scat Backs ONLY. I just find with the momentum in 11, that the smaller the back and more AGILITY he has, the better off I am at bouncing from hole to hole especially on the Zone plays from "offset" formations where you have your HB/FB stacked. Those require bouncing as soon as you hand the ball off!

FB: AS CLOSE TO A TE AS YOU CAN GET

TE: AS CLOSE TO AN OL AS YOU CAN GET

PLAYING TIPS:

While using this offense(again depends on where you use it... OD/Play Now... etc) the speed of the game will vary, but one thing remains the same... THE 3 yard rule... DO NOT FORGET THIS, EVER, EVER, EVER... DO NOT HIT SPEED BURST UNTIL YOU ARE 3 YARDS AWAY FROM MESH! (mesh being hand-off) This game with the new momentum for some reason will shut down AGILITY and ACCELERATION when you hit speed burst too early. This is sort of a common knowledge this far into the game's cycle, but just a friendly reminder. SPEED BURST TOO EARLY = 1-2 YARD GAIN for the most part.

ALSO, ANOTHER TIP, this may be a personal observation error, but I have noticed that on speed/load options if i DO NOT use SPEED BURST, but HOLD R1, the defenders "scrape" more instead of attacking me as a ball carrier. You can try this out if you want, and if you see the same things I do you will start to see the "creases" form for your QB to cut up the field more easily. Plus holding R1 serves 2 purposes for me: #1 R1 protects the ball #2 sets a pace in which i don't try to speed burst and allows me to make a good clean pitch on time. Since I started holding R1 at the snap on Speed/Load options, I have had MORE pitches that I make BEFORE taking a hit and go for MUCH BIGGER agins.

INDIVIDUAL STRATEGY FOR CERTAIN PLAYS COMING BELOW

"E"

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
02-19-2011, 11:25 AM
Once you download the file attached to this post, it is in Excel Workbook form. This setup has turned into more of a "Coaching Suite" than just a "breakdown" of this playbook, I have taken everything I have done for the last few seasons of dynasties, and put it all in plain view for someone else to follow and use, but it's all completely customizable for you.

If you do have trouble opening the full document it may be due to your Excel version, and I do have the simplified version I will attach to the next post as well.

Open the file, and look at the bottom, for the tabs, obviously start at Intro and move to the RIGHT.

http://oi56.tinypic.com/1zny0ax.jpg

Go through the tabs you will see a tab called "RAW DATA" watch this video on how to use it:

HOW TO USE THE DEPTH CHART SECTION:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2eFPmVG5Es

MAKE SURE THAT YOU COPY AND PASTE JUST LIKE IT SHOWS USING FIREFOX BROWSER!!!!!!!

COACHING SUITE TIPS:

The first tab after "INTRO" is "SYMBOLS" this will tell you what you are looking at n the PLAY CALL tab to remind you of certain things in the play that need to be done pre-snap or focused on post-snap.

Secondly, this material has a full PLAY BANK with a listing of plays that you can copy and paste or you can use the ones that are already filled in, learn the formation abbreviations quickly once you start customizing because i put them in with full names for you guys to start off with. Also in the PLAY BANK tab there is a photo of the formation that has the depth chart listing for each spot so that you can study the plays and make better dynasty decisions on who to put where in your formation subs.

On the PLAY CALL SHEET you will see some symbols, make sure you have looked at the symbols tab, and you will see a ton of color. The colors used in this are for "NO HUDDLE LINKING" meaning that if you have called a play in one formation, check colors and you can No HUDDLE with that same personnel grouping on the field. This will make your plays work better, and in Dynasty setups with certain rules it will keep you from "audible down/up" in which most cases is frowned upon in OD's.

Once you have went through everything I suggest you take it into some offline dynasty, CPU Play Now, to really start working it, if you are an OD guy, get your slider sets from your OD and put them into the OFFD, or even put them into your settings for House Rules for Play Now vs CPU games. This way you are studying this and practicing like you will play.

MEDIA WILL BE POSTED TONIGHT

"E"

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
02-19-2011, 11:26 AM
COACHING SUITE DOWNLOAD(MACRO ENABLED):

http://www.mediafire.com/?r7bll7zf29yd322

COACHING SUITE STANDARD .xls FILE:

http://www.mediafire.com/?m4g9mkp7h1nmlzf

THESE WILL BE CONTINUALLY UPDATED WITH PLAY BANK MATERIAL... JUST DONT HAVE IT COMPLETELY FINISHED YET!!! '

All the plays are there, but the individual assignments are not done...

"E"