PDA

View Full Version : Bowl Season, 2014

Oneback
02-12-2011, 06:29 PM
Meineke Car Car Bowl - Clemson (Escobar) at Western Michigan
Champs Sports Bowl - Kent State at Va Tech (RCSinger)
Pacific Life Holiday Bowl - Missouri at aTm (JeffHCross)
Chick-fil-a Bowl - Mississippi State at Miami (Ryby6969)
Capitol One Bowl - Tennessee at Penn State (psusnoop)
Rose Bowl - Michigan (Oneback) at TCU
Alamo Bowl - Arizona at Oklahoma (IronDragon)
FedEx Orange Bowl - USC (psuexv) at Wisconsin (gschwendt)
BCS National Championship - FSU (FSUPrime) at Texas (Papa_Lonestar)

Oneback
02-12-2011, 06:36 PM
Award Winners:

Maxwell Award - Earl Campbell Jr - Texas
Walter Camp Award - Earl Campbell Jr - Texas
Bednarik Award - Jordan Hicks - Texas
Nagurski Award - Jordan Hicks - Texas
Davey O'Brien - Julian Gray - Tennessee
Walker Award - Earl Campbell Jr - Texas
Biletnikoff Award - Garry Peters - Clemson
Mackey Award - Xavier Grimble - USC
Outland Trophy - Devin Morris - Navy
Rimington Award - Joe Gross - Tennessee
Lombardi Award - Tavaris Barnes - Clemson
Best LB - Jordan Hicks - Texas
Thorpe Award - Craig Weeks - Clemson
Groza Award - Stephen Graves - LSU
Ray Guy Award - Howard Campbell - USC
Best Returner - Alex Kenney - Penn State

Papa LoneStar
02-12-2011, 06:37 PM
#2 rushing offense vs the #4 rushing defense....#1 passing defense vs the #5 passing offense....should be a dandy

Title game will be played tommorrow. I have a hot date (waiting on her to get ready now) and Prime is gettin' shit-faced so he won't be in an adequate state of mind to play against the greatest college football team in 19 years.

Oneback
02-12-2011, 06:46 PM
All Americans

NCAA

1st Team:
HB - Earl Campbell Jr, Texas
HB - Brennan Clay, Oklahoma
WR - Garry Peters, Clemson
TE - Xavier Grimble, USC

RE - Jonathan Johnson, Texas
RE - Bill Arnold, Va Tech
DT - Tavaris Barnes, Clemson
DT - Terry Jean, Penn State
LOLB - Christian Jones, FSU
MLB - Jordan Hicks, Texas
CB - Stan Riley, FSU
CB - CJ Gross, Texas
FS - Craig Weeks, Clemson
SS - Jeremiah Robertson, Clemson
P - Howard Campbell, USC
Ret - Alex Kenney, Penn State

2nd Team:

HB - Nick Cleveland, Michigan
HB - Storm Johnson, Miami

LE - James Louis, USC
RE - Brian Hunt, FSU
DT - Grant Lee, USC
DT - Ben Smith, FSU
MLB - Tyrone Austin, Miami
ROLB - Travis Howard, Miami
CB - Michael Carter, Texas
CB - Mike Brantley, FSU
FS - Adam Dixon, Penn State
K - Donny Merritt, Wisconsin

Freshman:

QB - James Crowder, Clemson
HB - Zach Gray, Michigan
WR - Joshua Morales, Penn State
WR - Phillip Singleton, Wisconsin
LG - Ralph Campbell, Texas
C - Mitchell Price, FSU
RG - Jeff Clifford, USC
RT - Adrian Watkins, Texas
RE - Jonathan Johnson, Texas
DT - Orlando Bratton, Miami
CB - Joe Deloach, FSU
CB - Johnathan Williams, Penn State
SS - Michael Raymond, Clemson
P - Shant Grant, Texas
Ret - Talib Moore, USC

Oneback
02-12-2011, 06:49 PM
Heisman Award:

Earl Campbell Jr.

Rushed for 1,865 yards on 181 carries, a 10.3 average, and 44 touchdowns.

Oneback
02-12-2011, 06:53 PM
Nick Cleveland currently needs 251 yards and five touchdowns to break two all-time NCAA records. You can bet he will get every opportunity to break both against TCU in the Rose Bowl.

JeffHCross
02-12-2011, 07:25 PM
And, of course, Oneback, I see all your work after doing it myself in the Record Book thread, :D

JeffHCross
02-12-2011, 07:26 PM
Prime is gettin' shit-facedWhen is he not?

Oneback
02-12-2011, 07:39 PM
And, of course, Oneback, I see all your work after doing it myself in the Record Book thread, :D

Keep up the good work.

RcSinger
02-12-2011, 07:57 PM
After the short trip to Orlando, Virginia Tech returns to Blacksburg Champ Sports Bowl winners.

In what many are calling very poor sportsmanship, VT handles Kent by a score of 91 - 12. Coach RC had expressed some distaste for being matched up against what he called an inferior opponent. He felt as though his team deserved to play a better team. 3 different Hokie QB's threw for a TD in this game. When questioned about the aggressive play calling after the game, Singer said that his intent was not to run up the score, but that he had been sending his backups out in several games this year only to call plays that omitted them from the action. He claimed that he was not going to let these guys step out on the field another game without giving them the opportunity to pass the ball. "These guys are QB's, for 2 years they have done nothing but hand the ball off when they get on the field. I was not going to let another year end without giving these guys the chance to hit some passes." Some argue that these efforts were a shot to the NCAA and the BCS for matching the hokies up with Kent, a show of strength if you will that they deserved better competition.

In all the Hokies ran for 350 yards and passed for 354 in the most balanced stats of coach RC's career. Defensively the Hokies had 3 Interceptions, forced 3 fumbles and recovered one for a TD. Leach also had a KO return for TD.

With the recruiting class that's coming in and many of the stars of this years team Juniors, the Hokies are expected to contend for the ACC title next year. We are still waiting word on many of the Juniors as to whether or not they intend to register for the draft. Should major play makers like Booth(QB) Minor(HB) and Leach(CB) return next year, other teams can expect to suffer a similar fate as Kent and FCS (a team that was also defeated by a large margin earlier in the year).

JeffHCross
02-12-2011, 08:59 PM
Texas A&M survives a scare, though you wouldn't believe it by the final score, against former Big 12 compadre, Mizzou. While the Aggies won by a final of 49-24, Missouri led 18-14 in the 3rd quarter, after an interception was returned for a touchdown. If not for two missed extra points in the game, and a missed two point conversion, Missouri may have been tied 28-28 in the 4th, instead of trailing 28-24.

The deceptive final score was provided by a ball-hawking defense that showed up in the 4th quarter and registered a stunning three interceptions. The first interception came when it was 35-24, and was caught inside the Aggies own 10 yard line. On the very next play, QB Darrell Williams ran around end and took off for 91 yards and a touchdown. After another interception on the ensuing drive, Ben Malena took a 2nd and 18 play for 85 yards and a touchdown of his own after Mizzou unsuccessfully stacked the box.

Ben Malena ended the contest with 233 yards on 23 carries, an incredible number considering his first 13 carries only netted 26 yards.
Williams also had a career day himself, throwing for 171 yards and rushing for 101, scoring two touchdowns.

Oneback
02-12-2011, 10:03 PM
Michigan wins the Rose Bowl over TCU 42-3, but don't let the score fool you as the Wolverines socre 35 points off of 5 TCU turnovers. Outgoing senior Devin Gardner had a rough time throwing the ball completing just 10 of 19 passes for 144 yards, 1 touchdown and an interception. He did not look sharp at all.

Nick Cleveland saw eight and nine man fronts all game as the TCU defense knew Coach Oneback would do everything in his power to allow Cleveland an opportunity to set two NCAA records. However, he fell short on both, rushing for 153 yards put him 98 yards from the all-time record for rushing yards and he ended his career 2 touchdowns shy of the all-time touchdown mark. Cleveland capped of a brilliant career with a great performance when all odds were against him and walked away with Rose Bowl MVP honors.

gschwendt
02-12-2011, 10:12 PM
Wisconsin defeats Southern Cal in the Orange Bowl by a narrow margin in a 28-21 thriller. Badger HB James White finished his career at Wisconsin on a high note carrying the ball 35 times for 217 yards with 4 touchdowns. His play allowed Wisconsin to hold onto the ball nearly 23 minutes of the game thus keeping the explosive USC offense off the field. In addition to White's running, QB Brett Ward stepped up to hit key passes at critical times after being called-upon due to starter Jon Hunter being injured in the final game of the regular season. Ward completed 10/17 passes for 132 yards with no touchdowns, but importantly, no interceptions. On the defensive side, Wisconsin continued their season trend holding their opponent to low rushing yards, this time holding USC HB DJ Morgan to 22 yards on 8 carries. However, the Trojan offense did have plenty of sparks in the passing game racking up 288 yards through the air as well as 3 touchdowns. The critical play of the game came early in the second quarter as USC was driving into UW territory. However, Wisconsin CB Chris Rice managed to knock a pass out of the air and then find it again as he intercepted it swinging the momentum in the Badgers' favor.

Wisconsin finishes the season at 11-2 and prepare for next season which points to the Badgers having the greatest potential for a big season.

JeffHCross
02-12-2011, 10:26 PM
Oneback, your game sounds distinctly like mine. These new sliders are very interesting. I expect we're going to see some truly unexpected upsets next season.

fsuprime
02-13-2011, 01:29 AM
texas beats fsu, tough to win not sure if i played a perfect game i would have had a chance, way to much A.I. involved for me to care about, hopefully next year i can throw less picks and have my only good RB healthy :)

Papa LoneStar
02-13-2011, 01:54 AM
:Texas:

The Longhorns win their 2nd national title in 5 years....taking down the two-time defending champion Seminoles 49-35 in Glendale, AZ.

Longhorn offense: 485 yards (257 air, 228 ground....on 56 plays), 7-12 3rd down conversions

QB Carlos McDaniel, SoRS: 11-21 257 yards 1 TD 2 INT

RB Earl Campbell Jr, Jr: 17 car 144 yards 3 TD (pussy'd out in the 2nd half)

RB Bryson Hopkins, Jr: 15 car 102 yards 2 TD (man'd up in the 2nd half

WR Mike Davis, Jr: 4 rec 136 yards 1 TD

Longhorn defense: 391 yards allowed (308 air, 83 ground....on 52 plays), 4-10 3rd down conversions, 4 turnovers forced

MLB Jordan Hicks, SrRS: 3 tackles, 2 INT, 1 pass deflection, 1 forced fumble

CB Michael Carter, SrRS: 6 tackles, 3 pass deflections, 1 forced fumble

DE Jackson Jeffcoat, SrRS: 3 tackles (2 TFL), 2 sacks

CB Joe Wilson, So: 5 tackles (1 TFL), 1 sack

The Texas head ball coach Papa LoneStar has won his 2nd national championship in 5 years and 3rd Pac-10 title. The Horns are 62-3 with a record of 28-3 versus top 25 ranked teams, 16-0 versus rivals, and a sparkling 5-0 in bowl games (including 4 user bowl games).

Papa LoneStar
02-13-2011, 02:01 AM
IronDragonU is the only one remaining. Great job, fellas! Sunday niiiight, baby....yeeeeaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!

ryby6969
02-13-2011, 07:31 AM
Congrats Papa.

psuexv
02-13-2011, 07:49 AM
Good game G. That pick was the key to the game. I watched the replay and my Wr stumbled out of the jam or I think my QB throws it further and the pick doesn't happen and it's 6.

Iron Dragon
02-13-2011, 08:08 AM
About to play the Alamo Bowl.

Iron Dragon
02-13-2011, 08:42 AM
Up 41-14, just watching Brennan Clay throw a 44 yard TD pass to Kenny Stills, I go to watch the replay, back out of the replay and the game freezes spinning around the stadium like it does at the pause menu, just without the menu.

Was really enjoying that one too.. sparingly used WRs Adam Concepion and Thomas Goff both recorded TD catches.

Iron Dragon
02-13-2011, 09:16 AM
In a very hurry'd up game, the Sooners def. the Wildcats because I thought I had to leave in about 20 minutes, and then my plans get cancelled in the late 4th, which is always nice.

So I didn't get to play as much as this game as I'd like but the Sooners prevailed 35-21.. with 'Zona getting a late fumble return TD with backups in, WTG McSux, this is why you suck.

Blake Turner grew some balls and his 11 week injury turned into a 13 week injury and played, he was decent and rushed for 2 TDs.

The star of the show and the season was Brennan Clay who added almost another 200 yards and broke his own NCAA record with every carry placing his numbers for the year at 2802 yards, shattering the NCAA's previous single season record, which was held by him.

If the passing game hadn't been as much of a weakness as it was, Clay would have never had a chance to do so much this season, and working with a terrible QB 95 percent of the season, Clay made the most of it.

Brennan Clay's 2014 stats:
258 carries, 2802 yards, 36 TDs, 487 after contact, 215.5 YPG, 36 runs of 20+ yards, 49 broken tackles, 21 rec, 247 yards, 3 TDs.

For the man who had 3049 total yards and 39 TDs, Clay has no hardware to show for it for the 9-4 Sooners. This season wasn't good, but it won't be forgotten.

gschwendt
02-13-2011, 09:42 AM
Advance!!!!!

Oneback
02-13-2011, 09:44 AM
Doing so now.

gschwendt
02-13-2011, 11:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzb_BE3CEe4

Powerhouse Online Dynasty
Season 5 Orange Bowl
USC Trojans vs Wisconsin Badgers
psuexv vs gschwendt

psuexv
02-13-2011, 12:08 PM
Thanks G. I think you were right last night, that 3rd and 3 at the end of the game you did get it, I knocked him forward on the tackle.