PDA

View Full Version : 2010 NHL Playoffs

JBHuskers
05-24-2010, 08:44 PM
All I gotta say is WOW for my Philadelphia Flyers. I started following hockey in college during the 99-00 season. The guys I liked to watch the most were the line of Recchi, LeClair and Lindros, so the Flyers have been my team since then. First time that I'll get to enjoy watching them in the Stanley Cup Finals! Michael Leighton has been flat out sick in the playoffs.

jaymo76
05-24-2010, 09:30 PM
Talk about an unlikely story. They back into the playoffs, deal with some major injuries and then make a run that is more unlikely than a hollywood movie script.

JBHuskers
05-24-2010, 10:10 PM
Talk about an unlikely story. They back into the playoffs, deal with some major injuries and then make a run that is more unlikely than a hollywood movie script.

Yeah I did not expect this at all.

steelerfan
05-24-2010, 10:30 PM
First time that I'll get to enjoy watching them in the Stanley Cup Finals!

Don't be so sure.;)

The Flyers are a remarkable story though. I'm having trouble deciding which is the lesser of 2 evils in this series. I've been a Penguins fan for nearly 30 years so it's obvious why I can't root for the Flyers (that and the fact that I know a Flyers fan who is completely obnoxious).

I'd have no problem rooting for the Blackhawks if it wasn't for Hossa. I'd get a laugh out of watching him lose a 3rd straight Final. His "I'm going to Detroit because it gives me the best chance to win the Cup" line after he snubbed Pittsburgh on a long term deal to sign a 1 year deal with Detroit made last year's Final so much sweeter.

F' you, Hossa!

JBHuskers
05-24-2010, 10:44 PM
hah well at least I get to SEE them in the Stanley Cup finals :p

steelerfan
05-25-2010, 12:51 AM

Yes you do. And congrats on that. Good luck, bro.

jaymo76
05-25-2010, 11:41 PM

Chicago will be really tough but I think these two teams match up really well together. If you can get Niemi rattled you can light him up big-time!

Sinister
05-26-2010, 01:07 PM
its should be a good game . i'm so pumped i remember in 97 when they had the stanley cup in city hall i got to see it up close.

as far as philly fans being annoying, i live in pittsburgh and pittsburgh fans are just as annoying . believe me

Sinister
05-26-2010, 01:09 PM
i just have to add this does anyone else thing Halak should have been pulled after the second game. he just didnt seem like the same goalie from the pittsburgh game.

steelerfan
05-26-2010, 01:42 PM
Ha! Sinister, I understand that all fans can be annoying. I'm a "call 'em like I see 'em" kind of guy. The guy I'm referring to won't shut up about any of his teams (Flyers, Phillies and, believe it or not, Cowboys) no matter what. I'm just not a loud mouth fan who constantly talks about his teams. Just not my style. I guess my point is fans of any team can be annoying (even my teams). I was just commenting that I don't want to hear this particular jerk spew his BS for the next year.

That being said, I do think the Flyers are a great story (shootout win on final day of regular season to get in playoffs, NUMEROUS injuries, 4 or 5 different goalies, down 3-0 in Boston series then down 3-0 in Game 7 and win both, 4-3). I think that Philly will have to find a way to keep Byfuglien out of the crease to compete. The good news is, the Flyers have the physical presence to do it.

jaymo76
05-28-2010, 12:36 AM
i just have to add this does anyone else thing Halak should have been pulled after the second game. he just didnt seem like the same goalie from the pittsburgh game.

Maybe... but Price had done nothing in a good two months so there wasn't much of an option.

JBHuskers
05-29-2010, 03:03 PM
Alright Flyers!!!!!! Let's GO!!!!!! I have to DJ tonight, but thankfully we have two huge plasmas, so I'll make sure one is set to NBC.

JeffHCross
05-29-2010, 03:25 PM
Hossa losing again would be hilarious. That said, I'm hoping the Hawks do well because I want to see Kane and Toews do well. This is one of the first Finals in a long time that I have no investment in one way or the other. I'm just going to sit there and enjoy the games.

JBHuskers
05-31-2010, 05:00 PM
Hopefully the Flyers can take one out of Chicago.....but in the NHL losing the first two isn't as alarming as it is in the NBA I don't think.

steelerfan
06-02-2010, 12:39 AM
but in the NHL losing the first two isn't as alarming as it is in the NBA I don't think.

I read today that 41 of 44 teams that won the first 2 games of a 7 game Cup Final went on to win the Cup.

But, we saw the Flyers overcome a 3-0 deficit in the conference semis and my Pens were down 2-0 last year, so...who knows?

JBHuskers
06-03-2010, 01:54 AM
Whew....holding serve at home Flyers.....great job. I had to DJ tonight so I missed the 3rd period and OT. Sounded like it was a crazy game. Here's to a victory Friday night to make it 2-2!

steelerfan
06-04-2010, 11:23 PM
You got your wish, JB and we have a series!

JeffHCross
06-05-2010, 12:06 AM
I read today that 41 of 44 teams that won the first 2 games of a 7 game Cup Final went on to win the Cup.Probably because the team that wins the first two games would normally be at home, which would mean they would be at home for Game 7.

That would be my guess.

steelerfan
06-05-2010, 02:58 AM
Probably because the team that wins the first two games would normally be at home, which would mean they would be at home for Game 7.

That would be my guess.

I wasn't clear. I meant since they went to a 7 game format. They may have won in 4, 5, 6 or 7 games.

JeffHCross
06-05-2010, 01:01 PM
I wasn't clear. I meant since they went to a 7 game format. They may have won in 4, 5, 6 or 7 games.Ah, okay.

JBHuskers
06-06-2010, 11:51 AM
You got your wish, JB and we have a series!

Yeah, out of any sports, a 2-0 lead in NHL is what worries me the least. Now Chicago has not been the greatest at home this season in the playoffs (outside of this series).....maybe they'll remember that they're not the best at home tonight.

JeffHCross
06-07-2010, 12:30 AM
JB, I was so disappointed I couldn't be on Twitter to read your reactions during the game tonight.