PDA

View Full Version : Any timeline for NCAA 12 news?

Coachdenz
02-04-2011, 09:41 PM
Any time line for NCAA 12 news? 1st of march? The madden blog always gets me excited.

gschwendt
02-04-2011, 10:30 PM
Any time line for NCAA 12 news? 1st of march? The madden blog always gets me excited.
I think there's a very slow leak that usually starts in February sometime, maybe early March.

JeffHCross
02-05-2011, 10:26 AM
Last year the first blog for NCAA was March 4. I'd expect something similar this year.

cdj
02-05-2011, 01:15 PM
G & JHC are on target, IMO. Maybe we get a hint in tomorrow's Madden blog, but I wouldn't expect anything until sometime in March. I'm with you - the Madden blog usually gets me hyped and ready for some NCAA news.

jaymo76
02-06-2011, 12:46 PM
CDJ et al... are you guys getting the invite to go to Tiburon Studios again this year and if so do you know the date???

JeffHCross
02-06-2011, 01:29 PM
CDJ et al... are you guys getting the invite to go to Tiburon Studios again this year and if so do you know the date???I can say that, in the past, G wasn't allowed to talk about it until after EA announced that they had been there. Never really talked to cdj about it, but I presume he was under the same type of deal.

cdj
02-06-2011, 01:46 PM
I can say that, in the past, G wasn't allowed to talk about it until after EA announced that they had been there. Never really talked to cdj about it, but I presume he was under the same type of deal.

In my experience, Tiburon typically announces the event when it happens with some sort of formal news and sometimes they will in advance. They usually asked attendees not say anything until EA announces it first.

Details
02-07-2011, 04:55 PM
What are some of the popular requests for NCAA 12?

I don't track that title as closely, and NCAA 11 seemed to address everything.

gschwendt
02-07-2011, 06:53 PM
What are some of the popular requests for NCAA 12?

I don't track that title as closely, and NCAA 11 seemed to address everything.
Custom Playbooks, Coaches Carousel and improved defense are probably the three biggies.

JeffHCross
02-07-2011, 07:44 PM
What are some of the popular requests for NCAA 12?Here was the Elite 8:
Custom Playbooks, Special Teams Overhaul, WR/DB Match-up, Better CPU Playcalling, Coaching Carousel, Improvements to Depth Chart, Improved Defensive Playbooks, Improved Offensive Playbooks

Coachdenz
02-07-2011, 09:26 PM
Custom Playbooks, Coaches Carousel and improved defense are probably the three biggies.

and out of the 3 I bet we get improved defense, not saying we dont get the others.

gigemaggs99
02-07-2011, 09:47 PM
I think it would be cool if they had practice jerseys on when you took your team to the "practice field". Similar to how they have warm-up/practice looking jerseys on FIFA.

It would be cool to see them in basic team colors, untucked jerseys, and possibly the QB wearing a red jersey.

Details
02-09-2011, 01:06 AM
Custom Playbooks. Of course. That's a big one. A must for NCAA 12 and Madden 12.

Kwizzy
02-09-2011, 07:58 AM
My 3 big items for this year were Custom Playbooks, Improved Defense, and fixing blocking assignments and play execution (on some plays like WR Screens and Zone Reads, etc...).

Obviously they don't have every offensive play that exists in the game but before they get too crazy with adding in more plays I'd like to see a focus on getting the plays that are currently in the game functioning on a more realistic and consistent basis. This is most needed for spread running plays. In '11 it was hard for the USER to maintain a consistent spread run game and impossible for the CPU.

I think coaching carousel is a neat concept and I wouldn't mind seeing it in the game but it's not a must have for me personally. Like I said though, I do understand why it is so high on people's lists.

MCdonnieG
02-09-2011, 11:49 AM
How does everyone feel about if EA SPORTS brought back player logic/A.I.? Remember the days on PS2 where you would recruit a 5* player but his attitude was awful? You still recruit him anyway, only to find out in his freshmen year that he cheated on a college exam....missed practice or he was out after curfew! Those days I miss, it brought the realism of sports to the game. Not every athletes a straight A student and it also made for a challenge as far as how good you were as a coach. I also wanna know how ya'll feel about if EA SPORTS brought back NCAA Violations/Sanctions? I think it was the year Joey Harrington was on the cover when they first introduced us to this feature along with player logic/A.I. If your player violated team and/or NCAA standards and you didn't suspend him to the liking of what the NCAA recommended, your program as a whole could be faced with suspension or worse NO BCS!! I truly hope that it's being considered because it'll definitely bring even more realism to the game. Besides with teams like USC and Alabama who have faced sanctions as of late, makes for even more reason to add it into the mix.

baseballplyrmvp
02-09-2011, 03:53 PM
what are the chances that ncaa gets the surprise onside kick that madden is getting?

psusnoop
02-09-2011, 04:10 PM
Gschwendt and I were talking about this the other day. I agree with him, here is what he relayed to me.
"I really wouldn't expect to see it in NCAA... #1 because it's not used in college football nearly as much and #2 because then NCAA would have to take the Madden kicking meter style."

JeffHCross
02-09-2011, 08:51 PM
How does everyone feel about if EA SPORTS brought back player logic/A.I.?This is generally referred to as "player discipline", fyi. Or "punishment". It was in the most recent Community Wishlist Tournament (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?37-2010-NCAA-Football-Community-Wish-List-Tournament&order=desc) but was defeated in the first round.

Personally, I wasn't a fan of it on last gen and couldn't be less excited about the idea of it returning. It's not something I'd object to, but it's not something I'm going to advocate for either.

Riva
02-18-2011, 12:00 AM
Custom pbs online would be a definite cheese magnet. Defense needs to be improved and I would definitely like to see a more personalized defensive pb system like they did with offense.

HuskerBlitz
02-18-2011, 01:25 PM
This is generally referred to as "player discipline", fyi. Or "punishment". It was in the most recent Community Wishlist Tournament (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?37-2010-NCAA-Football-Community-Wish-List-Tournament&order=desc) but was defeated in the first round.

Personally, I wasn't a fan of it on last gen and couldn't be less excited about the idea of it returning. It's not something I'd object to, but it's not something I'm going to advocate for either.

I liked it because it was random and I had little to no control over it. Suddenly, my RB was suspended and ineligible. Just like what we sometimes see on Saturdays. I would love to see it make it back in. Granted, it wasn't perfect, but I liked the inclusion of it.

oweb26
02-18-2011, 01:31 PM
It use to piss me off to no end, when they were inelgible for my big games. Though I did like it enough to the point were it showed there discipline and you always had to use calculated risk on some of the big players.

JeffHCross
02-18-2011, 05:50 PM
I liked it because it was random and I had little to no control over it. Suddenly, my RB was suspended and ineligible. Just like what we sometimes see on Saturdays. I would love to see it make it back in. Granted, it wasn't perfect, but I liked the inclusion of it.Conceptually, I didn't really have a problem with it. The execution was just poor.

morsdraconis
02-18-2011, 07:29 PM
Conceptually, I didn't really have a problem with it. The execution was just poor.

Exactly. It was random for random's sake and not because it has to be random.

No one is going to get a kid to come to their school without doing background checks that should, at the very least, hint at the possibility of the kid being a moron and doing something stupid with his life once he's free in the wild of college athletics.

If they were going to do it right, it would have to be a combination of several things to make it worth having:

1. Having enough things that the kids could get in trouble for doing without it always being stupid repetitive stuff
2. Having a hidden (very important) "rating" that determines the likelihood, how often, and the severity of their stupidity (aka the player screwing up)
3. There being a "background check" system implemented in recruiting - basically just another option to do with your time spent for the week on the recruiting (something like a background check requiring a certain amount of recruiting time for the week and would be accessible through the same menu in recruiting that you would go to to choose what topics to talk about during their visit for that week) - the background check would show information based on the amount of time you spent on it (allowing you to use just 10 minutes to get a very general feeling to spending a full 60 minutes on it and getting a thorough breakdown (but still not giving you the true "rating" for their "discipline" stat) - also, there would need to be the possibility of not getting all the facts on a situation or getting the wrong story completely if you don't spend the full 60 minutes (a percentage chance always being there, but it only being 5-10% at 60 minutes and increasing by quite a bit as you spend less time during the "background check").
4. Schools not going after the "troubled" recruits
5. All of this tying into school prestige, sanctions on the school (which would absolutely need to be implemented correctly to truly have the possibility of death penalties or another USC situation), and a coaching carousel (along with stats for coaches like College Hoops 2k5) and coaches and schools with high prestige having an affect on the athlete's likelihood of them causing trouble (along with having more athletes that are likely to not cause trouble setting good standards for the bad seeds and decreasing that likelihood that much more) (along with the fact that if you have more bad athletes, then the likelihood of them causing trouble would increase because of the bad standards being put forth by so many of the athletes at the program)

All of that, and discipline would be a very much welcomed addition to the NCAA series once again, in my opinion.

JeffHCross
02-18-2011, 07:33 PM
No one is going to get a kid to come to their school without doing background checks that should, at the very least, hint at the possibility of the kid being a moron and doing something stupid with his life once he's free in the wild of college athletics.Sure about that (http://www.sportsargumentwiki.com/index.php?title=Fulmer_Cup)?

Geauxlden
02-21-2011, 06:19 PM
Exactly. It was random for random's sake and not because it has to be random.

No one is going to get a kid to come to their school without doing background checks that should, at the very least, hint at the possibility of the kid being a moron and doing something stupid with his life once he's free in the wild of college athletics.

If they were going to do it right, it would have to be a combination of several things to make it worth having:

1. Having enough things that the kids could get in trouble for doing without it always being stupid repetitive stuff
2. Having a hidden (very important) "rating" that determines the likelihood, how often, and the severity of their stupidity (aka the player screwing up)
3. There being a "background check" system implemented in recruiting - basically just another option to do with your time spent for the week on the recruiting (something like a background check requiring a certain amount of recruiting time for the week and would be accessible through the same menu in recruiting that you would go to to choose what topics to talk about during their visit for that week) - the background check would show information based on the amount of time you spent on it (allowing you to use just 10 minutes to get a very general feeling to spending a full 60 minutes on it and getting a thorough breakdown (but still not giving you the true "rating" for their "discipline" stat) - also, there would need to be the possibility of not getting all the facts on a situation or getting the wrong story completely if you don't spend the full 60 minutes (a percentage chance always being there, but it only being 5-10% at 60 minutes and increasing by quite a bit as you spend less time during the "background check").
4. Schools not going after the "troubled" recruits
5. All of this tying into school prestige, sanctions on the school (which would absolutely need to be implemented correctly to truly have the possibility of death penalties or another USC situation), and a coaching carousel (along with stats for coaches like College Hoops 2k5) and coaches and schools with high prestige having an affect on the athlete's likelihood of them causing trouble (along with having more athletes that are likely to not cause trouble setting good standards for the bad seeds and decreasing that likelihood that much more) (along with the fact that if you have more bad athletes, then the likelihood of them causing trouble would increase because of the bad standards being put forth by so many of the athletes at the program)

All of that, and discipline would be a very much welcomed addition to the NCAA series once again, in my opinion.

I was never a fan of this feature and hope that it doesn't return. However, if it does I hope that the system is revised to reflect some of your ideas. I'm skeptical that discipline will return because I don't think the NCAA would allow it. Off the field behavior has been a black-eye for the NCAA and I can't see them being happy about EA wanting to "feature" that aspect of collegiate athletics.

cdj
02-25-2011, 01:25 PM
I was never a fan of this feature and hope that it doesn't return. However, if it does I hope that the system is revised to reflect some of your ideas. I'm skeptical that discipline will return because I don't think the NCAA would allow it. Off the field behavior has been a black-eye for the NCAA and I can't see them being happy about EA wanting to "feature" that aspect of collegiate athletics.

I agree with you and would add that making it a "fun" system is pretty difficult IMO.

Any and all game features (regardless of genre) should have some sort of risk/reward to it as well as a 'rock - scissors - paper' hierarchy. I don't know their thoughts on it, but I doubt the NCAA would let players commit violations and then allow EA to create a system where the gamer can not punish them (eliminating the risk/reward). I suppose there could be some NCAA violation system should you not punish players harshly or swiftly enough, but when violations occur randomly and you are forced to discipline them, it could get old very quickly. I like the idea of a player morale/discipline system, but am leery of the execution of such a feature.

For the question at-hand, the first info came out in early March of last year so it may be here in a matter of days or weeks.

CLW
02-25-2011, 01:41 PM
For the question at-hand, the first info came out in early March of last year so it may be here in a matter of days or weeks.

Really interested in seeing what the big feature is this year.

JBHuskers
02-25-2011, 02:13 PM
Really interested in seeing what the big feature is this year.

Mascot Online Dynasty :nod:

HWill
02-25-2011, 02:21 PM

:whoa::whoa::whoa:

steelerfan
02-25-2011, 02:42 PM

Without the WKU mascot, I will find this useless. :(

JBHuskers
02-25-2011, 02:43 PM
Without the WKU mascot, I will find this useless. :(

Always someone complaining....geez!

steelerfan
02-25-2011, 02:49 PM
Always someone complaining....geez!

Big Red's appearance is looooong overdue. I can't even run a serious dynasty using WKU or schedule WKU as an opponent knowing that their spirit is neutered by his unexplained absence. :smh:

CLW
02-25-2011, 03:08 PM

Well I would enjoy that FAR more than the "epic" feature that was/is Season Showdown.

LMAO at the WKU mascot. Born in raised in WKY and I have always loved the Hilltoppers mascot. Moreover, he's so...... fun for a video game. I DEMAND that WKU's mascot receive a separate entry in next year's TGT tourny. If Dreads got a #1 seed the Hilltopper should be the #1 overall seed in next year's tourny.

steelerfan
02-25-2011, 03:10 PM
I DEMAND that WKU's mascot receive a separate entry in next year's TGT tourny. If Dreads got a #1 seed the Hilltopper should be the #1 overall seed in next year's tourny.

:nod:

Kwizzy
02-25-2011, 04:48 PM
Well I would enjoy that FAR more than the "epic" feature that was/is Season Showdown.

Season Showdown in itself was not a great feature but if I remember right it laid the groundwork & made one of last year's big features possible.

CLW
02-25-2011, 05:04 PM
Season Showdown in itself was not a great feature but if I remember right it laid the groundwork & made one of last year's big features possible.

That's what they say. I find that somewhat questionable. Moreover, if the ultimate goal was Dynasty Wire (if memory serves correctly the "fine folks" said Season Showdown led to it) I wasn't that impressed with it considering its bugs (it still shows random box scores when I go to check my box score).

jaymo76
02-25-2011, 06:19 PM
Big Red's appearance is looooong overdue. I can't even run a serious dynasty using WKU or schedule WKU as an opponent knowing that their spirit is neutered by his unexplained absence. :smh:

Stop thinking small Steeler... fingers crossed for create a windsock mode. Imagine mixing and matching windsock colours??? The lack of this feature on next gen continues to hold this game back :)

JeffHCross
02-25-2011, 06:19 PM
I agree with you and would add that making it a "fun" system is pretty difficult IMO.For me, the big thing is that the old system was "stupid". It wasn't fun, it was just "stupid".

No coach is ever faced with the decision of training his players or disciplining them. That just doesn't happen. If the off-season system had been designed that you're choosing to focus on improving the discipline of your players or improving their ball skills ... I'm okay with that. But discipline wasn't rated, it wasn't recorded, and it wasn't visible. So that wasn't it, certainly. You instead were faced with the decision of allocating points towards future discipline of hypothetical screw-ups or having your players improve in the off-season. And regardless it how many discipline points you had, it seemed like your "better" discipline guys, your "good boys", were the ones more likely to get in trouble. I can understand the system was semi-random, but wtf. You could willfully recruit "Bad" players, and they'd still not get in trouble as much as the good ones.

But the biggest thing is that you can't tell me that at any point in the season a coach is unable to willingly discipline his players. You can't run out of discipline. That's just not possible, and was, by far, the most mind-blowingly numb part of the "feature".

Yes, I'm passionate about this :nod:

JeffHCross
03-02-2011, 07:59 PM
I couldn't help but think about this post today, mors.

Story Highlights
A six-month SI/CBS News investigation ran criminal background checks on Top 25
Of 2,837 players, 7% had criminal records; 8.1% of scholarship players in trouble
Only two of Top 25 schools did background checks; none checked juvenile records

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/the_bonus/02/27/cfb.crime/index.html#ixzz1FUv8NLZT

So maybe "random" discipline is more right!

MCdonnieG
03-11-2011, 11:12 AM
Is this real or just another false alarm? I need some clarification....

here's the link----->http://www.operationsports.com/news/...ures-revealed/

For those who don't feel like clicking the link this is what was said....pretty much Op Sports wrote a blog revealing vague yet new features....

Features

* Feel the hits, experience the thrills and revel in the glory of college football

* Suit up in the college colors of your choice and take the field as an NCAA athlete in the most authentic college football experience to date

* Enhanced in-game presentation brings the excitement of Saturday's game to life with all-new traditions and school-specific crowd celebrations

* Take on your school's most heated rival in intense matchups

* Go for the glory on the road to the National Championship

morsdraconis
03-11-2011, 11:55 AM
I couldn't help but think about this post today, mors.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/the_bonus/02/27/cfb.crime/index.html#ixzz1FUv8NLZT

So maybe "random" discipline is more right!

And there ya go. All these schools care about is whether or not they can play ball. Forget how good or bad of a person the guy is. Can he run a 4.4 40? Then hell, we want him!

Coachdenz
03-11-2011, 04:15 PM
Is this real or just another false alarm? I need some clarification....

here's the link----->http://www.operationsports.com/news/...ures-revealed/

For those who don't feel like clicking the link this is what was said....pretty much Op Sports wrote a blog revealing vague yet new features....

Features

* Feel the hits, experience the thrills and revel in the glory of college football

* Suit up in the college colors of your choice and take the field as an NCAA athlete in the most authentic college football experience to date

* Enhanced in-game presentation brings the excitement of Saturday's game to life with all-new traditions and school-specific crowd celebrations

* Take on your school's most heated rival in intense matchups

* Go for the glory on the road to the National Championship

that's about right........

I also think something is cooking at Tiburon......wonder when or if the guys will be going to check out the game.....?

JeffHCross
03-11-2011, 07:30 PM
I also think something is cooking at Tiburon......
http://images2.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/4513921/Cant-you-smell-what-the-rock-is-cooking-It-will-be-spaghetti-tonight.jpg

ram29jackson
03-23-2011, 12:03 PM
more player gear ? like what ?

baseballplyrmvp
04-09-2011, 12:28 PM
its been a while since we've heard something. hopefully we get some info next week.

Jayrah
04-09-2011, 05:24 PM
its been a while since we've heard something. hopefully we get some info next week.

Cannons and bands are in. Unofficial sources but all but confirmed this week. Im with you though! I wanna see more screens!!! :)

steelerfan
04-09-2011, 06:54 PM
Cannons and bands are in. Unofficial sources but all but confirmed this week. Im with you though! I wanna see more screens!!! :)

Anything that adds to the atmosphere is good in my book.

jaymo76
04-11-2011, 04:31 PM
If after the cover announcement and the completion of the 25 new plays... if we hear nothing big immediately after, is it time to worry? Yes, yes, I know it's early but I have seen this movie before... MADDEN 11. The marketing campaign is very familiar and the end result, there were no announcements because there was nothing to announce...

steelerfan
04-11-2011, 07:41 PM
If after the cover announcement and the completion of the 25 new plays... if we hear nothing big immediately after, is it time to worry? Yes, yes, I know it's early but I have seen this movie before... MADDEN 11. The marketing campaign is very familiar and the end result, there were no announcements because there was nothing to announce...

Nah, I don't think I'd panic till mid-May, and even then, I wouldn't panic if they said some news was coming.

Solidice
04-11-2011, 08:06 PM

well the week after the cover athlete announcement is the week of the NFL Draft, so it's more than likely that there will be info coming that week.

Coachdenz
04-11-2011, 08:42 PM
I just dont see a major feature added this year, this year seems pretty boring from years past, voting on the cover went way to long, added plays are nice but dont keep my attention. I'm glad Tiger Woods 12 came out early because my excitment level of NCAA 12 this year is at

ZERO!

this is a fly under the radar year, improve upon what is already in the game, juice up Run for Glory mode, add cannons and tweak in game presentation, add some new plays and give them your $60 bucks, we will get to Coaching Carousel maybe in the future.

the selling point this year for the casual player will be a juiced up RTG mode.....wait and see. Everything we need to know about the game is right below.

NCAA Football 12 takes the journey of the college athlete to the next level of depth and authenticity. Experience the pride and pageantry of gameday Saturday with all new enhanced in-game presentation, traditions and school specific crowd celebrations. Make an impact on the field as your team takes down your heated rival on the road to the National Championship.

JeffHCross
04-11-2011, 08:54 PM
I'm glad Tiger Woods 12 came out early because my excitment level of NCAA 12 this year is at

ZERO!I agree with you now, but that's only because they haven't announced anything yet.

Everything we need to know about the game is right below.Call me an optimist, but I think they've finally figured out how to control the Amazon/Gamestop leaks, so that description tells us zilch about the game.

Coachdenz
04-11-2011, 08:58 PM
Call me an optimist, but I think they've finally figured out how to control the Amazon/Gamestop leaks, so that description tells us zilch about the game

I don't know Jeff, I hope your right but go back and read the last couple of years worth of blurbs they all pretty much spell it out, also I just noticed at Gamestop (looking at the PS3 game) that they have taken the details of the game down from the site.

JeffHCross
04-11-2011, 09:01 PM
I don't know Jeff, I hope your right but go back and read the last couple of years worth of blurbs they all pretty much spell it outRight. But speaking from personal experience, if a marketing team is trying to follow a plan and somebody leaks it all -- inadvertent or not -- they're none too happy; first thing they want to do is plug that leak. Seems this year that they're playing it slower than ever. Maybe you're right and that means they've got nothing to release. Personally, I think it means they've got a plan and they're sticking with it hardcore.

Jayrah
04-12-2011, 03:11 AM
I think we need to wait till the week after the draft to get excited about anything adding up to nothing.

souljahbill
04-12-2011, 06:16 AM
I'm SOOOOO ready for the cover athlete to be announced and the plays to finish so we can FINALLY get to the good stuff.

Also, YAY for Tapatalk support!!!!!

Sinister
04-12-2011, 06:31 PM
bumble over at OS just tweeted that Ben will be given OS exclusive info about ncaa

baseballplyrmvp
04-12-2011, 08:22 PM
bumble over at OS just tweeted that Ben will be given OS exclusive info about ncaa

pffff.....this place is way nicer, friendlier, and better than OS. why cant we be given exclusive info?

Jayrah
04-12-2011, 09:07 PM
They are more senior than us.

gschwendt
04-12-2011, 10:04 PM
At the same time, considering the information we've received, and considering the information that Bumble has requested return, it leads me to believe that it will be a bit of information regarding visuals, specifically what Bumble referenced a couple of weeks ago. OS in general is considerably more "visuals demanding" than most other communities so it wouldn't surprise me that the information is in that nature.

Jayrah
04-12-2011, 11:37 PM
Does this specifically mean that certain members from OS will see this? Or is it for all of their members? Or will it go on their site and we'll see it when we get it copied over?

Solidice
04-13-2011, 12:22 AM
Does this specifically mean that certain members from OS will see this? Or is it for all of their members? Or will it go on their site and we'll see it when we get it copied over?

I imagine it'll be posted like any other news.

Rudy
04-13-2011, 04:46 AM
Chase Becotte tweeted that he is in SF and that he will get to see both Madden and NCAA on behalf of OS.

http://twitter.com/#!/ChaseBecotte

"First day in SF checking out EA stuff: SSX was the only game there really, but lots of interesting convos w/ the GMs of each series were had"

"Tomorrow I'll be checking out NCAA and Madden"

cdj
04-13-2011, 06:18 AM
IIRC, they are usually under an embargo for a few weeks and/or can only discuss certain aspects on particular dates after this event. (Hopefully not, though!)

Jayrah
04-13-2011, 04:37 PM
IIRC, they are usually under an embargo for a few weeks and/or can only discuss certain aspects on particular dates after this event. (Hopefully not, though!)

Youre right on point with that. I was afraid of that.

Rudy
04-13-2011, 09:28 PM
Embargo until April 21st for NCAA and April 28th for Madden.

cdj
04-14-2011, 06:56 AM
Embargo until April 21st for NCAA and April 28th for Madden.

That's not quite as far away as I thought it would be. Good to hear!

ram29jackson
04-14-2011, 02:38 PM
Chase Becotte tweeted that he is in SF and that he will get to see both Madden and NCAA on behalf of OS.

http://twitter.com/#!/ChaseBecotte

"First day in SF checking out EA stuff: SSX was the only game there really, but lots of interesting convos w/ the GMs of each series were had"

"Tomorrow I'll be checking out NCAA and Madden"

if its on behalf of OS, who cares ? that means he wont break it down realistically. Just fan fodder.

Jayrah
04-14-2011, 03:57 PM
if its on behalf of OS, who cares ? that means he wont break it down realistically. Just fan fodder.

Dont care! Want info!

souljahbill
04-14-2011, 08:48 PM
So, are there no community days this year? Doesn't sound like there will be. At least not where it'll make a big difference in changing things for this upcoming game.

Jayrah
04-15-2011, 03:26 PM
So, are there no community days this year? Doesn't sound like there will be. At least not where it'll make a big difference in changing things for this upcoming game.

Sure sounds like that's the case. One of the big reasons they're more involved with the sites probably. They get direct info from us and don't have to "leak" unwanted information to the communities. :bang:

But the embargo's only for 6 more days, so not a huge deal IDT

cdj
04-16-2011, 12:42 AM
The Plays of the Day are done and next week is the cover reveal (Tuesday). I'm optimistic we'll finally get some more concrete news next week. I think we are all ready for it!

jaymo76
04-16-2011, 12:45 AM
After today's pictures, all I could think was Madden last year. I know you have heard this before ( a few posts above) but look at all of the focus this year on PRESENTATION. Then think back to Madden last year. All we heard for weeks and weeks was about improved presentation. The only constants we have heard this year hints at improved presentation and an RTG overhaul. I fully expect we should get custom playbooks but it looks more and more like 12 will be the external looks rather than new features IMO. Though not a programmer, I suspect that all of the visual upgrades were a ton of work and man hours. Maybe the team looked at 12 and said we did a lot with 11, let's get the visuals for 12 and then focus on the other for 13.

Jayrah
04-16-2011, 01:52 AM
Last year I dont remember hearing ANYTHING about Madden quite honestly. And all we heard about ncaa was presentation as well. Remember ESPN graphics and presentation was all we heard about after seeing the Tim Tebow video. And then the big presentation blog...
I feel like something big could be in the works.... (crossed fingers)

cdj
04-17-2011, 10:45 AM
Sounds like we will have some news this week. From twitter:

Bumble14_OS Christian McLeod
Spoke with Ben at EA tonight.Look for an exclusive NCAA12 screen showing off unannounced presentation detail to hit @operationsports Monday

Bumble14_OS Christian McLeod
In addition to the @operationsports exclusive info,Ben let me know next week will be a busy one regarding information on #NCAA12 get ready!

Boucher
04-17-2011, 01:58 PM
Boo we want the TGT to get exclusive news

gschwendt
04-17-2011, 02:56 PM
Boo we want the TGT to get exclusive newsIs there somewhere on the board that says we won't? Sorry, been out of pocket last week, might have missed it :)

morsdraconis
04-17-2011, 03:02 PM
How is anything on the internet actually "exclusive"? That's the dumbest thing to say about news that will be spread everywhere else within 5 minutes of it hitting the "exclusive" website.

Jayrah
04-17-2011, 04:47 PM
How is anything on the internet actually "exclusive"? That's the dumbest thing to say about news that will be spread everywhere else within 5 minutes of it hitting the "exclusive" website.

Lol. I agree with that. Good point.

cdj
04-18-2011, 06:50 AM
Now that it is Monday, we can officially say that this will be a very busy week for NCAA Football news. If you haven't already, make sure to bookmark TGT. :)

Kwizzy
04-18-2011, 09:11 AM
Now that it is Monday, we can officially say that this will be a very busy week for NCAA Football news. If you haven't already, make sure to bookmark TGT. :)

Is there somewhere on the board that says we won't? Sorry, been out of pocket last week, might have missed it :)

You sandbagging sons-a...... :D

JBHuskers
04-18-2011, 09:31 AM
...by the way there will be a lot of news this week on here ;)

gschwendt
04-18-2011, 09:45 AM
From the NCAA Football facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/easportsncaafootball):

t’s going to be a BIG week for NCAA Football 12 news! We have a SPECIAL blog from Executive Producer Roy Harvey later today, YOUR NCAA Football 12 Cover Athlete will be announced tomorrow morning on ESPN2, and we’re going to provide in-depth details along with videos showing you the IMPROVEMENTS made to PRESENTATION and GAMEPLAY in NCAA Football 12!
That said, I can certainly say there will be a little something for everyone. Stay tuned throughout the week and you're sure to see something you like. Obviously we'll have it here for you as soon as it's available.

JeffHCross
04-18-2011, 08:44 PM
Now that it is Monday, we can officially sayYou said that last "week", you just didn't put "officially". Cop out.

gschwendt
04-21-2011, 12:26 PM
Your right... doesn't sound like there will be any community days :P
http://www.ea.com/ncaa-football/blog/ncaa-football-12-community-day-events

In all seriousness, wish we could have said something earlier but EA asked that we not. We figured some of you guys would have figured it out, especially when there were so many guys that happened to be taking vacation or going out of town for work at the same time :D

JBHuskers
04-21-2011, 01:47 PM
I'm very surprised, especially those in OD's, that it wasn't figured out that we were leaving town at the same time for a week :D

steelerfan
04-21-2011, 01:53 PM
I'm very surprised, especially those in OD's, that it wasn't figured out that we were leaving town at the same time for a week :D

Yep, when "steelerfan remains" that should be a red flag, lol.

ryby6969
04-21-2011, 02:10 PM
I just know I am really glad I beat G and OB this year in powerhouse! Jealous, yeah maybe. ;)

Solidice
04-21-2011, 02:18 PM

I just thought you guys were slacking. :D

JBHuskers
04-21-2011, 02:20 PM
Yep, when "steelerfan remains" that should be a red flag, lol.

:D

SmoothPancakes
04-21-2011, 02:21 PM

I've been browsing and following along with the 360 OD for the past couple months, and I did notice that you were taking trips out of town on a somewhat frequent basis, just never put two and two together.

BPHusker
04-21-2011, 04:05 PM
I'm just dying for some dynasty news. The new EA blog said that news will be coming soon. How long is soon?! :bang:

Solidice
04-21-2011, 04:11 PM
I'm just dying for some dynasty news. The new EA blog said that news will be coming soon. How long is soon?! :bang:

for EA, anywhere from 1 day to 2 months. :D

I imagine it'll be closer to E3(Early June).

BPHusker
04-21-2011, 04:29 PM
for EA, anywhere from 1 day to 2 months. :D

I imagine it'll be closer to E3(Early June).

AHH!! :smh: :bang: :mad: :bang:

JeffHCross
04-21-2011, 08:24 PM
So, are there no community days this year? Doesn't sound like there will be. At least not where it'll make a big difference in changing things for this upcoming game.Tommy already picked on you, but I can't help it. I'd like to thank you for giving us, easily the most entertaining post of the week last week. The group of us were together at a restaurant when you posted that. :) I quickly passed my cell phone around to everyone. :D

steelerfan
04-21-2011, 10:04 PM
Tommy already picked on you, but I can't help it. I'd like to thank you for giving us, easily the most entertaining post of the week last week. The group of us were together at a restaurant when you posted that. :) I quickly passed my cell phone around to everyone. :D

+1 :D

souljahbill
04-22-2011, 06:53 AM

Your right... doesn't sound like there will be any community days :P
http://www.ea.com/ncaa-football/blog/ncaa-football-12-community-day-events

In all seriousness, wish we could have said something earlier but EA asked that we not. We figured some of you guys would have figured it out, especially when there were so many guys that happened to be taking vacation or going out of town for work at the same time :D

Tommy already picked on you, but I can't help it. I'd like to thank you for giving us, easily the most entertaining post of the week last week. The group of us were together at a restaurant when you posted that. :) I quickly passed my cell phone around to everyone. :D

I knew y'all were there. I was just f'n with everybody. ;)

JBHuskers
04-22-2011, 08:35 AM

I knew y'all were there. I was just f'n with everybody. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InaRIYFPMiY

souljahbill
04-22-2011, 11:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InaRIYFPMiY

What? You don't believe that I would ironically ask such a question while at the event? LOL! Thats not coincidence. That's great detective work on my part. I saw the signs all over the wall. You guys can't pull a fast one on me. LOL!

*walks away whistling thinking "I hope they bought it"*

JBHuskers
04-22-2011, 11:15 AM
What? You don't believe that I would ironically ask such a question while at the event? LOL! Thats not coincidence. That's great detective work on my part. I saw the signs all over the wall. You guys can't pull a fast one on me. LOL!

*walks away whistling thinking "I hope they bought it"*