PDA

View Full Version : How do you run a Death Penalty Dynasty?

johntom2000
02-03-2011, 03:42 AM
I read alot of these and they sound like fun. Plus I am bored with my current one (70-10).

What are the rules?
Can I do a custom schedule or do I leave it alone?
Do I use E. Mich roster template?
When recuriting, only 1* and 2*?
when can I go for higher players and add transfers?

I take it I would be more funner to gut with a higher ranked team.

Thanks,

John

morsdraconis
02-03-2011, 12:57 PM
That's a really good question. I've been thinking about doing one as well, but I can't find anything that actually goes over what the default rules and such are so as not to just easily get back into awesomeness with the team.

Marlowe
02-03-2011, 06:50 PM
You are basically bringing a big time school (6*) back to prominence and will probably need to recreate the school through team builder so as to have it at a 1 star rating and low rated players...then you limit your scholarships for however long you decide with no scholarships the first year and then adding additional scholarships every year after until you get back to 25...anyway that's pretty much what I've managed to glean from google sources...I did find a page where Irondragon created one...might ask him for additional info.

johntom2000
02-03-2011, 07:06 PM
Do you sim the first year?

cdj
02-03-2011, 07:29 PM
I've seen some guys who sim several years (up to 3).

Like Marlowe said, some guys give themselves scholarship limitations maybe 10, then 15, then 25, refuse all transfers for a couple years, etc. It's really up to you on how difficult you want to make it. I suppose you could even put Recruiting on Heisman difficulty for the first few years as well and then drop back to AA or whatever level you prefer.

johntom2000
02-03-2011, 08:06 PM
I am thinking I will do USC.

johntom2000
02-03-2011, 09:24 PM
Omg after the first simmed year I got kicked out of the PAC 12 and put in the independents!!! Byu replaced me!! One more dimmed to go prob will get fired. Hope not.

UPDATE: after simmed season 2. I got fired going to re sim on more time. If can't get no where. I may have to play season 2 to save my job. Or would you find another job?

morsdraconis
02-03-2011, 10:05 PM
No, just turn off coaching contracts.

johntom2000
02-03-2011, 10:11 PM
No, just turn off coaching contracts.
How?

morsdraconis
02-03-2011, 10:32 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot that you can't in this one... Hmm...

JeffHCross
02-04-2011, 09:12 PM
Find another job with Coach 1, create a new coach (Coach 2), and have Coach 2 take over the school you were simming. Then delete Coach 1.

My Resurrection Dynasty is going to be a Death Penalty dynasty ... I've collected all the "rules" and such over the years. If I'm lucky, I might have time to write-up at least that post this weekend.

baseballplyrmvp
02-09-2011, 03:40 PM
if you go the teambuilder route, make all of the pitches the absolute worst you can make em.

also change all of your players' years to be seniors (could also keep like 5 players at each year). then all you have to do is sim 1 year and you'll have like 55 walk ons.

morsdraconis
02-09-2011, 04:02 PM
if you go the teambuilder route, make all of the pitches the absolute worst you can make em.

also change all of your players' years to be seniors (could also keep like 5 players at each year). then all you have to do is sim 1 year and you'll have like 55 walk ons.

+1

Though, with set restrictions on who you can go after (like mine: nothing but 1 star players for 3 years with 15, 20, and then 25 schollies available), you really don't want to screw your school too much (especially since it doesn't make much since that all of a sudden your school isn't desirable for academics if they're an academic institution or their campus is no longer desirable if they have a desirable campus so I usually never touch those).

JeffHCross
02-09-2011, 08:48 PM
also change all of your players' years to be seniors (could also keep like 5 players at each year). then all you have to do is sim 1 year and you'll have like 55 walk ons.It was claimed (I emphasize claimed, not confirmed independently) that one of the reasons people had dynasties that were crashing after NCAA 11 was first released was "too many freshmen". For this reason, I would recommend against having a team full of freshmen walk-ons.

That said, that's basically the gist of what you want to do.

baseballplyrmvp
02-09-2011, 09:10 PM
It was claimed (I emphasize claimed, not confirmed independently) that one of the reasons people had dynasties that were crashing after NCAA 11 was first released was "too many freshmen". For this reason, I would recommend against having a team full of freshmen walk-ons.

That said, that's basically the gist of what you want to do.this crash is fixed by having at least 5 non freshman on your team, according to the developers

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/1256732.page

JeffHCross
02-09-2011, 10:18 PM
this crash is fixed by having at least 5 non freshman on your team, according to the developers

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/1256732.pageGot it. Hadn't seen the fix. Thanks for the info.

morsdraconis
02-10-2011, 02:21 PM
Shit really? You HAVE to have at least 5 non-freshman on the team? Does it just crash when you play a game with your team during the season or does it just randomly crash?

ussr8219
07-27-2011, 04:13 PM
sounds like i got a long road to recovery or the promised land. ha. thanks for the info. will post my progress