PDA

View Full Version : Alan Wake (360)

I OU a Beatn
05-22-2010, 09:31 PM
Anyone play this? It released last Tuesday.

I've played through 2 of the 6 episodes and it's absolutely amazing. Not only is it put together well, but the story is awesome, creepy, and engrossing; the atmosphere is nothing short of chilling. The game itself is absolutely gorgeous looking and and for lack there of a better term - scary as hell. Great game and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good psychological thriller.

JBHuskers
05-23-2010, 02:42 AM
It's definitely on my radar for down the road.

cdj
05-23-2010, 05:15 PM
It's getting high marks from the gaming community, so I may have to pick it up down the road. Sounds like a blast.

Rudy
05-23-2010, 06:45 PM
Sounds like a scary version of Uncharted on the 360. Too bad I can't play this game.

Flav
05-23-2010, 06:48 PM
I'll purchase it once I beat Red Dead Redemption. This looks really good though.

Rudy
05-23-2010, 07:00 PM
I'll purchase it once I beat Red Dead Redemption. This looks really good though.

That might take you up to NCAA 11's release lol. I remember playing inFamous last year. I had a blast with that game but I swear I spent over 40 hours just completing the good side mission. That game just sucked time out of you. Time flew by as you were gathering blast shards and dead drops in addition to just running around, healing people, fighting bad guys and completing the missions. I think there were about 30 main missions but over 70 side missions to do. It took a long time for me to finish.

I OU a Beatn
05-23-2010, 09:07 PM
Finished episode 3 tonight. This is my Game of the Year so far. As much as I loved God of War III, the atmosphere and chilling nature of Alan Wake is just amazing. Not to mention it has one of the best video game stories I've ever had the privilege of playing through. I've been doing one episode each night and will continue that trend to finish out the last 3 episodes. They're each about 45-90 minutes long depending on how you play through it, so it's got a good bit of replay value as well.

AustinWolv
05-24-2010, 08:04 AM
I plan on getting it, but have a stack of other games to burn through before '11 comes out. :(

Flav
05-24-2010, 07:50 PM
IOUaBeatn, is it better then Red Dead?