PDA

View Full Version : Quantum Theory?

CLW
01-28-2011, 12:22 PM
Anyone played Quantum Theory?

I had GameFly dollars that expired after today and an overlap of $5 more GameFly bucks so I got the game for FREE. It looks like it is a 3rd person shooter of some kind.

I'm sure its not a very good title considering its price but I figured WTF use the GameFly $ or they expire.

JBHuskers
01-28-2011, 01:13 PM
I don't think I've heard of it :dunno:

steelerfan
01-28-2011, 01:29 PM
Never heard of it (which isn't saying a whole lot). Let us know if it's any good.

JBHuskers
01-28-2011, 01:59 PM
Never heard of it (which isn't saying a whole lot). Let us know if it's any good.

I guess with me that would be saying a lot? :D

CLW
01-28-2011, 02:07 PM
LOL well the reviews (both users and critics) say the game is AWFUL!

However, it was free and if it is trash I can always trade it in with Amazon and get $12.50 for it. Now that is turning nothing into a profit.

I'll keep you guys posted.

I OU a Beatn
01-28-2011, 02:15 PM
I've, unfortunately, heard of it and even more unfortunately...played it. It's basically an attempt to bring Gears of War to the PS3. It was originally planned as a PS3 exclusive, but a few months before released it was announced it would become multiplatform. Anyway, the graphics are terrible, the controls are terrible, the gameplay is terrible, the story is terrible, any just about every other aspect of the game is enough to make you want to throw up. I finished 20 minutes and got rid of it. Just a terrible, terrible, terrible game.

Easily the worst game I've ever played.

JBHuskers
01-28-2011, 02:23 PM
Shit if you can get $12.50 from Amazon, hell yeah. Their trade-in/return system is pretty smooth.

CLW
01-28-2011, 02:28 PM
I've, unfortunately, heard of it and even more unfortunately...played it. It's basically an attempt to bring Gears of War to the PS3. It was originally planned as a PS3 exclusive, but a few months before released it was announced it would become multiplatform. Anyway, the graphics are terrible, the controls are terrible, the gameplay is terrible, the story is terrible, any just about every other aspect of the game is enough to make you want to throw up. I finished 20 minutes and got rid of it. Just a terrible, terrible, terrible game.

Easily the worst game I've ever played.

LMAO yeah that's pretty much what I've read. I figured WTF its free (well I "lost" my GameFly $ which I hardly ever use) so why not give it a shot. Then after I started reading the reviews I immediately thought hmmm wonder what the trade-in value is from Amazon.

Shit if you can get $12.50 from Amazon, hell yeah. Their trade-in/return system is pretty smooth.

Yeah I just tried their trade in system just a week ago with MLB 10 The Show. I got an e-mail saying I got a credit in my account and it was free shipping (other than the packaging) and easy to do.

Apparently I misspoke or the price went down its $12.25 for a trade-in now.

http://www.amazon.com/Quantum-Theory-Playstation-3/dp/B00320J6W8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1296246372&sr=8-1

Sort of semi-related, how often do those prices for trade-ins change? I.e. should I go ahead and say I'm going to trade it in now and hope that the GameFly box gets to my place on time (supposedly it was shipped out today) or will i have a week or 2 w/o having to worry about a significant price drop?

JBHuskers
01-28-2011, 02:29 PM
I usually keep an Amazon box around just for that purpose.

Or I'm just too lazy to throw them away :D

I OU a Beatn
01-28-2011, 02:52 PM
I might have to try Amazon for trade ins. I only do it for shitty games, but Gamestop is terrible with their prices. $18 store credit for Black Ops? Yeah right.

CLW
01-28-2011, 03:03 PM
I might have to try Amazon for trade ins. I only do it for shitty games, but Gamestop is terrible with their prices. $18 store credit for Black Ops? Yeah right.

LOL yeah I went with them about MLB 10 The Show and they were going to give me like $7 bucks or some nonsense. It was like 10 at GameFly (but they only do account credit) and I checked Amazon and got like $15.

GameStop is a DINOSAUR that is going to be interesting watching it go extinct. When I moved to RI 4 years ago there were 5 stores within 10 miles of my house. I think I am down to 3 now and I think I got an e-mail saying "my store" was closing and recommending I go to one of their other stores with a coupon.

JBHuskers
01-28-2011, 03:11 PM

Shit you only get $25 RIGHT after launch.

gschwendt
01-28-2011, 03:56 PM
Apparently Best Buy is really good about their trade-ins... I haven't used them but you can check games on their site.
http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/QuoteCalculatorVideoGames.cfm

CLW
01-28-2011, 04:08 PM
Apparently Best Buy is really good about their trade-ins... I haven't used them but you can check games on their site.
http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/QuoteCalculatorVideoGames.cfm

Well they are about the same as Amazon 12.00 for Quantum Theory. So I'll probably go with whoever is higher after I finish the game which according to IOU and just about anywhere I have read won't take long.

CLW
02-06-2011, 07:57 AM
FYI - Having played the game for about 20 mins I can say that this game is indeed HORRIBLE. You cannot shoot enemies if they are moving. The aim/controls are awful and the story feels like its a cheap translation from a Japanese game. Going to mail this bad boy out Monday.

steelerfan
02-06-2011, 01:09 PM
Thank you, CLW. You have provided a great service for the community. :nod:

CLW
02-06-2011, 01:26 PM
Thank you, CLW. You have provided a great service for the community. :nod:

Meh I figured the game was going to blow being under $10 at GameFly. Thankfully, it was free and now I'll get credit at Amazon as soon as I ship this bad boy out.