PDA

View Full Version : Slider Tweaks

Oneback
01-25-2011, 10:43 AM
Post issues you are seeing and I will attempt to address with the sliders.

psuexv
01-25-2011, 12:33 PM
One thing I think we need to keep an eye on is the talent level of the opposing team. Example was last night when I torched Texas Tech, I was just looking at their roster and their defense only has 4 guys that are above an 80 OVR

fsuprime
01-25-2011, 12:48 PM
ill need to wait until i play a better team, Wake was C+. Im interested to hear what anyone who has played a top 10 team might think cause i do not think i have one on the schedule

psuexv
01-25-2011, 12:58 PM
I guess the other thing to consider too is what is the overall goal of the slider tweaks. Do we want a C+ Wake team giving Prime fits?

psusnoop
01-25-2011, 01:22 PM
I played OSU last night they were #11 I think at the time.

Their running game was solid, actually I gave up 100yds rushing to someone which rarely happens CPU or User.

Their passing game was, well very suspect. I'm not sure if it was the QB or the sliders but I thought boy am I glad he missed that one because he was WIDE OPEN. Just on that game alone, nothing else factoring in to me saying this. A jump of 5 for CPU WR Catching and 5 for QB Accuracy would be interesting.

I won I think 45-21 @ OSU

psuexv
01-25-2011, 01:33 PM
I played OSU last night they were #11 I think at the time.

Their running game was solid, actually I gave up 100yds rushing to someone which rarely happens CPU or User.

Their passing game was, well very suspect. I'm not sure if it was the QB or the sliders but I thought boy am I glad he missed that one because he was WIDE OPEN. Just on that game alone, nothing else factoring in to me saying this. A jump of 5 for CPU WR Catching and 5 for QB Accuracy would be interesting.

I won I think 45-21 @ OSU

To add to that though - OSU QBs - 77, 76 , 70 OVR(not sure who the starter is) with THP and THA at 85/80, 83/78, 82/75 - FR, SO, SO(RS) - it kind of makes sense that they would miss throws playing against an A defense.

Oneback
01-25-2011, 02:18 PM
I scored 73 and played pretty agressive all game even with the backups in as I wanted to work on my offense. Minnesota's entire roster was made up of players in the 70's however.

psusnoop
01-25-2011, 03:36 PM
Good catch E, I didn't look at that. Still something I'm going to keep a close eye on.

JeffHCross
01-25-2011, 07:16 PM
To add to that though - OSU QBs - 77, 76 , 70 OVR(not sure who the starter is) with THP and THA at 85/80, 83/78, 82/75 - FR, SO, SO(RS) - it kind of makes sense that they would miss throws playing against an A defense.The one difference though is that chances are if a user had been at the controls, it would have been a lot less likely that we would have missed throws. I used two of those same QBs last year, and rarely did I have a ball sail on me.

Snoop, I'm very ... very surprised their running game was solid. Keller should be their #1, and he's not an impressive back.

psusnoop
01-25-2011, 07:48 PM
Keller ran the ball like a heisman hb, he was breaking tackles and almost always falling 2 yards ahead on every tackle.

JeffHCross
01-25-2011, 08:25 PM
Keller ran the ball like a heisman hb, he was breaking tackles and almost always falling 2 yards ahead on every tackle.Very interesting. He's sucked in their sim results, probably because of his lack of speed. He's a decent workhorse back, but he's a little too slow to be a feature back. He wouldn't have been #1 on my DC.

psuexv
01-25-2011, 09:10 PM
The one difference though is that chances are if a user had been at the controls, it would have been a lot less likely that we would have missed throws. I used two of those same QBs last year, and rarely did I have a

But we are talking about user controlled games as we cannot adjust those sliders as they are default.

JeffHCross
01-26-2011, 06:36 AM
But we are talking about user controlled games as we cannot adjust those sliders as they are default.Well, of course. But I was more talking about the opposite direction. The CPU should be closer to how another user plays, or as close as we can reasonably get.

RcSinger
01-28-2011, 10:47 PM
When I played OSU I had the same issues. The Back was like a tank. I actually didn't think I could win that game. I was down 14-0 at one point.

On another note, I have seen some fluctuations this year. In the first game (FCS??) I was unstoppable. In the very next game, the HB was like superman and that team was not impressive at all. The only team I feel like I should have struggled with all year is OSU but I have had some tough struggles in many games. Even Duke (which I just one by a mile against) seemed unstoppable at times. Their NH offense was very effective but they would either turn the ball over or have to punt because of a $#!tty kicker I assume. Punting from inside the 40. I feel like against top teams I wouldn't be able to compete with the current slider settings, but that may be due to my lack of talent on my team or my lack of talent on the sticks.

One thing I have noticed is that the game seems to be trying hard to simulate the toughness of a particular game based off what you see on a saturday on ESPN. The team will start off torching your defense only to stale out around FG range or give up a TO. When you (I) seem to be doing well, suddenly my "Heisman candidate" HB will fumble. The game will seem as if it will be tough and then all of a sudden you will roll over the opponent and put up a few scores, only to have it flip again. I assume this it part of the games pussyfoot programming and the sliders can't fix the problem. It's just frustrating to be able to almost predict the game's progression based on the first half of the first quarter.

JeffHCross
02-05-2011, 05:55 PM
Oneback, I've been thinking about making an effort to generate Heisman sliders where I don't touch the User sliders, leaving them at defaults. Worth it?

RcSinger
02-05-2011, 06:18 PM
Is any1 else having a problem kicking FG's? I can't seem to hit a FG from the side to save my life. The strange thing is that I went in to practice mode yesterday and I was able to hit them left and right, but in a game, I can only hit Dead center FG's.

JeffHCross
02-05-2011, 06:24 PM
Practice Mode within the OD? Are you seeing problems with all games, or only user games?

RcSinger
02-05-2011, 08:53 PM
yes it was practice mode in dynasty, and it's all games (I didn't even get to try to kick a FG against ryby)

Oneback
02-05-2011, 09:03 PM
What are the ratings of your kicker?

JeffHCross
02-05-2011, 09:35 PM
He's got two. 84/77 KPW/KAC and 78/78. I could understand why the second would have trouble with distance, but the angle shouldn't really be a problem for either.

Now, more importantly, let's talk about me.

Oneback, I've been thinking about making an effort to generate Heisman sliders where I don't touch the User sliders, leaving them at defaults. Worth it?

Oneback
02-06-2011, 09:08 AM
It's worth trying. The two biggest problems we have with our current sliders are that human rushing is over powered and the cpu running game is non-existant. I've been tweaking those two things every week, and while it may take the rest of this season to get to where it needs to be, as I am not making big adjustments, I think we may be able to get there.

RcSinger
02-06-2011, 11:48 AM
Human rushing for me is unbelievable one game, and non existent the next. I just got humiliated by a C rated team with a grand total of 47 yards by my previously Heisman Candidate Running Back.
And CPU Rushing is the same way, one game I will man-handle their backs, the next game the backs will run over my defense.

PLease turn down roughing the passer. I know that most people don't have a problem with it but most people user a LB or DB. I user a lineman and roughing the passer gets called on me several times a game (If I am struggling, if I am winning or doing well it doesn't).

JeffHCross
02-06-2011, 12:27 PM
That is so weird. I user a lineman and go out of my way to smack the QB as much as possible ... yet haven't gotten a single Roughing the Passer this season ...