PDA

View Full Version : Week 5, 2014

Oneback
01-22-2011, 09:58 PM
=============== #13 Oklahoma Sooners (2-1) ===============
Last week the Sooners were idle.
This week, the Sooners will host Texas A&M (3-1).

=============== #24 Clemson Tigers (2-2) ===============
Last week, Clemson won 52-31 against Boston College (0-4).
This week, the Tigers travel to Winston-Salem to face the Wake Forest Demon Deacons (3-1).

=============== #2 Florida State Seminoles (3-0) ===============
Last week, Florida State won 59-0 against Georgia Tech (0-2).
This week, the Seminoles travel to Chapel Hill to face the North Carolina Tar Heels (2-0).

=============== #3 Miami Hurricanes (4-0) ===============
Last week, Miami won 52-6 against Nebraska (1-1).
This week, the Hurricanes travel to Lafayette to face the UL Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (1-1).
In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
- (**) FB Matt Foster has committed to Miami

=============== #14 Michigan Wolverines (2-2) ===============
Last week, Michigan won 37-14 against Notre Dame (2-1).
This week, the Wolverines will host #6 Wisconsin (3-1).

=============== Texas A&M Aggies (3-1) ===============
Last week, Texas A&M won 52-12 against Cal (1-2).
This week, the Aggies travel to Norman to face the #13 Oklahoma Sooners (2-1).

=============== #8 Penn State Nittany Lions (2-1) ===============
Last week the Nittany Lions were idle.
This week, the Nittany Lions travel to Columbus to face the #11 Ohio State Buckeyes (2-1).

=============== Oregon Ducks (0-3) ===============
Last week, Oregon lost 42-35 against Oklahoma State (1-1).
This week, the Ducks will host San Jose State (0-2).

=============== #7 USC Trojans (2-1) ===============
Last week, USC lost 38-14 against Texas (4-0).
This week, the Trojans travel to Berkeley to face the Cal Golden Bears (1-2).

=============== #12 Virginia Tech Hokies (4-0) ===============
Last week, Virginia Tech won 24-21 against Ohio State (2-1).
This week, the Hokies are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) SS Jon Marquardt has committed to Tennessee

=============== #1 Texas Longhorns (4-0) ===============
Last week, Texas won 38-14 against USC (2-1).
This week, the Longhorns travel to Lubbock to face the Texas Tech Red Raiders (2-0).

=============== #6 Wisconsin Badgers (3-1) ===============
Last week, Wisconsin won 94-0 against Bowling Green (0-2).
This week, the Badgers travel to Ann Arbor to face the #14 Michigan Wolverines (2-2).
In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
- (**) FB Jason Brown has committed to LSU

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JeffHCross
01-22-2011, 10:06 PM
Dragon, I'll be around all day tomorrow, though I'll be going to bed early, hopefully as early as 9 pm. I hope to be available by 7 pm on Monday night if we can't get it in tomorrow. I've left you a message on PSN with my cell #.

Papa LoneStar
01-23-2011, 12:55 AM
:Texas:

The #1 Longhorns dominate rival Texas Tech 77-7 in Lubbock.

Longhorn offense: 549 yards (306 ground, 243 air)

QB Carlos McDaniel, SoRS: 12-20 243 yards 4 TD 1 INT

RB Earl Campbell II, Jr: 11 car 132 yards 5 TD

RB Traylon Shead, SrRS: 10 car 91 yards 2 TD

WR Chris Jones, SrRS: 2 rec 94 yards 2 TD

WR Mike Davis, SrRS: 4 rec 44 yards 1 TD

TE Colton Hall, Jr: 2 rec 49 yards

OT Adrian Watkins, FrRS: 3 pancakes, 0 sacks allowed

Longhorn defense: 201 yards allowed (133 air, 68 ground), 5-14 3rd down conversions allowed, 5 turnovers forced (3 fumbles, 2 INT)

OLB Tevin Jackson, SrRS: 10 tackles (4 TFL), 1 forced fumble

MLB Jordan Hicks, SrRS: 8 tackles (3 TFL), 2 forced fumbles

CB C.J. Gross, Jr: 3 tackles, 2 INT, 1 pass deflection

DT Lance Gibson, JrRS: 3 tackles (1 TFL), 1 sack, 1 fumble recovery

Next up: BYE....Week 7 at UCLA....7pm central on ESPN2

Iron Dragon
01-23-2011, 08:50 AM
I'm going to be in and out much of the day today, so let's just shoot for tomorrow night at this point.

JeffHCross
01-23-2011, 09:04 AM
I'm going to be in and out much of the day today, so let's just shoot for tomorrow night at this point.Sounds good.

Oneback
01-23-2011, 11:04 AM
Michigan and Wisconsin will be playing around noon central today.

RcSinger
01-23-2011, 12:42 PM
How many User/User games are there this week? any chance we advance today?

fsuprime
01-23-2011, 12:49 PM
I think we have a good shot

Oneback
01-23-2011, 01:04 PM
Jeff and IronDragon will be playing tomorrow.

Oneback
01-23-2011, 01:43 PM
Despite a 23-7 deficit, Michigan is able to come back in the 4th quarter by means of 21 unanswered points to steal a 28-23 victory away from Wisconsin. (Wish I would have recorded it)

We were beat in the first half, I could see it on the players faces as we went into the locker room, then to come out and play poorly in the thrid quarter and give up another TD with 2:19 left it was demorilizing.

Something happend after that score, both Devin Gardner and Nick Clevland were yelling at the offense to pump them up and it showed in the following possesion and final quarter. Where at times the offense looked explosive as Ronnie Lewis caught a perfect throw from Gardner on an out route to which the corner bit trying to go for the ball, 30 yards later the offense had life and the team was only down 23-14. On the nest possesion freshman tight end Jeff Luke caught a 30 yard pass wide open along the sideline to put Michigan within two, 23-21.

The Michigan defense was able to hold Wisconsin on a thrid and two when safety Patrick Reed baited the Wisconsin quarterback to throw an incompletion. The stage was then set for a Wolverine victory and the offense didn't let down.

Nick Cleveland started off the drive with a five yard rush, next Gardner dropped back and saw the safety coming hard from the outside and sailed a pass high and outside of Cleveland who was braking open. Now faced with a 3rd and 5, Gardner found Lewis Brant open on a quick hook route for a catch and run of 11 yards. A stop by the Wisconsin defense on 1st and 10 setup a 22 yard pass to Jeff Ferguson on 2nd and 10, pre-snap Gardner saw the corners bail and new they had the perfect call played against cover 3 and a quick confimation after the snap and a zero perssure look let him know he had time to wait for Ferguson to clear the underneath coverage and hit him in stride for the big gain.

Now with under two minutes in the game Cleveland broke free for a 5 yard gain, followed by a 3 yard loss. Now facing 3rd and 8 the Michigan offense went to a staple with the drive concept, this time however the linebacker bit hard on the drag route leaving Cleveland wide open backside on the stop route, Gardner found him and 32 yards later the Wolverines were at the two. Wisconsin then gave up an easy run to Cleveland for the touchdown in order to conserve time, but the comeback had happend and Michigan now owned a 28-23 lead.

On Wisconsin's first play the found a wide open receiver for 27 yards, but an on the next four plays Wisconsin was only able to gain 3 yards on four passes to seal the victory for Michigan.

"It was an ugly game, one where we were outgained and early on there wasn't a lot of fight in our team, but we played hard late a came away with the victory," stated Coach Oneback after the game.

Up next, the Wolverines travel to 3-0 Minnesota. Hopefully this was a building block win and the team will show the same type of resolve against the Gophers as was shown late against Wisconsin.

JeffHCross
01-23-2011, 04:10 PM
I think we have a good shot
Good reading ;)

let's just shoot for tomorrow night at this point.

fsuprime
01-23-2011, 04:28 PM
gotta have positive waves moriarity.

gschwendt
01-24-2011, 09:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZGLEFa4Ls4

psuexv
01-24-2011, 09:12 AM
Holy 58 yard FG!!! that dudes got a leg.

fsuprime
01-24-2011, 09:14 AM
thanks G, nice way to enjoy my morning coffee....lol at onebacks 17 yard drop back with 1 minute left in the game ;)

gschwendt
01-24-2011, 09:21 AM
Holy 58 yard FG!!! that dudes got a leg.
He does... though he also had a 9mph wind behind him so the decision to kick was easy.

psusnoop
01-24-2011, 10:44 AM
Good game guys.

PSU will be playing tonight.

Oneback
01-24-2011, 11:37 AM
thanks G, nice way to enjoy my morning coffee....lol at onebacks 17 yard drop back with 1 minute left in the game ;)

I'm not going to lie, I've had a huge problem with that lately. It's a bad habit right now I am trying to break.

Kingpin32
01-24-2011, 11:41 AM
I'll get my game in when I get done with class today.

psuexv
01-24-2011, 12:07 PM
USC will be done tonight as well.

Papa LoneStar
01-24-2011, 02:02 PM
I'm not going to lie, I've had a huge problem with that lately. It's a bad habit right now I am trying to break.

I feel ya....in practice mode for NCAA 11....I've been letting the QB drop back automatically....I still drop back a little after that....but it has helped tremendously.

RcSinger
01-24-2011, 06:03 PM
I don't think I drop back far enough. I drop about 5 - 10 yards with emphasis on closer to 5 and I will see no pressure, look for a pass, and end up sacked because someone released before I could make it to my number 2. For that reason, I find myself passing to my check down a lot without going through my progression and making passes into coverage because I rush the throw. When I see the pressure, my QB is good enough (fast enough) to evade it usually, but more often, I rush a throw to an open back or throw into coverage. My line sux apparently although they average around 85~88 with a 93 sprinkled over the edge.

JeffHCross
01-24-2011, 06:53 PM
A&M - Oklahoma kicking off now experience beaucoup lag and will have to start again ...

JeffHCross
01-24-2011, 08:35 PM
Oklahoma wins LagFest 2014, 31-21.

Brennen Clay dominates (138 yards rushing, 85 yards receiving) while the entire Texas A&M team looks stuck in the mud (or is that stuck in animations?).

Coach JeffHCross admitted after the game that he was simply unable to adapt his game plan to the game's conditions as well as Coach Iron Dragon was. Coach JeffHCross then started talking about some fantasy world where Texas A&M scored a touchdown run on the opening play from scrimmage, then got an INT and was about to score to go up 14-0 when the great Internet of the Universe was disconnected. When told that nothing he was talking about had happened in the game of record, Coach JeffHCross met the reporters with a silent stare, as if willing it to be true. Though he did say he would like to remind Coach Iron Dragon about the Game Planning thread (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?1023-2012-Gameplanning-Thread-(Playbooks)).

gg, ID. You got the ball to your playmaker and shut mine down.

Iron Dragon
01-24-2011, 08:41 PM
Clay's 208 yards, 2 TDs lead #13 Oklahoma to 31-21 win over Texas A&M

Alex McSux, the best 47 OVR QB ever, was just good enough in game management for the Sooners having his best day as an OU QB going 11-for-18, for 180 yards and 2 TDs and an INT. McSux had alot help from his friend, RB Brennan Clay, whose partner in crime Roy Finch should return next week.

Clay took 19 carries for 123 yards with one TD. Clay also caught 3 passes for 85 yards and a TD and had 91 yards after the catch. On one late catch, Clay slipped his way through multiple A&M defenders gaining a large chunk of yards.

Austin Haywood rumbled for a late 6 yard TD, and Kenny Stills had a TD catch.

The Sooners defense racked up 7 TFLs and barely missed one, which was key as they held A&M's rushing game to just 109 yards.

The game was laggy off and on, and in our first attempt, my internet dropped suddenly without warning and was down for about 5-10 minutes, not sure what happened.

Really glad to see that Grier and McNair returned in this game, giving us our main group back on defense, and freshman OLB Wheeler has been HUGE as our 4th LB.. this kid's gonna be something special. RB Roy Finch adds another element to our very Tressel-ball esque offense, and he should return next week. Glad I didn't decide to break freshman AA Nick Webster's redshirt.

psuexv
01-24-2011, 08:46 PM
USC stomps rival Cal 52-0 to improve to 3-1

Walker 269 yards 4 Tds
Stickland 149 yards 2 Tds
Austin 6 catches 121 yards 1 Td

Taylor 1 sack 1 Int

psuexv
01-24-2011, 08:47 PM
Looks like we are just waiting on Snoop who I'm assuming is playing now and ID to recruit.

Iron Dragon
01-24-2011, 08:48 PM
I'm recruiting right now.. things are looking good for the nation's #2 QB to put us ahead of TCU..

fsuprime
01-24-2011, 08:50 PM
psuevx be sure to text snoop and tell him to text oneback when he is done

JeffHCross
01-24-2011, 08:52 PM
The game was laggy off and on, and in our first attempt, my internet dropped suddenly without warning and was down for about 5-10 minutes, not sure what happened.For me it was on, on, on, on, and on. Lol. There were a couple fleeting moments where there wasn't lag, but more often than not I noticed I wasn't controlling my players after the catch or as they were running upfield. :D :(

psuexv
01-24-2011, 08:53 PM
psuevx be sure to text snoop and tell him to text oneback when he is done

Rock on! Text sent. Told him that you told me to tell him to tell OB when he is done :)

psuexv
01-24-2011, 08:55 PM
I'm recruiting right now.. things are looking good for the nation's #2 QB to put us ahead of TCU..

Yikes though. That infamous -1. I hate being -1 behind the 1st place team... never seem to be able to jump them.

psuexv
01-24-2011, 08:57 PM
I don't think I drop back far enough. I drop about 5 - 10 yards with emphasis on closer to 5 and I will see no pressure, look for a pass, and end up sacked because someone released before I could make it to my number 2. For that reason, I find myself passing to my check down a lot without going through my progression and making passes into coverage because I rush the throw. When I see the pressure, my QB is good enough (fast enough) to evade it usually, but more often, I rush a throw to an open back or throw into coverage. My line sux apparently although they average around 85~88 with a 93 sprinkled over the edge.

Pop into practice mode and work on it. It's definitely tough to get the drops down. You don't want to drop too far out of your pocket or you get the ends coming off and you can't be too shallow or you get the push back from the interior. My biggest issue used to be running into the RB

Iron Dragon
01-24-2011, 08:58 PM
Yikes though. That infamous -1. I hate being -1 behind the 1st place team... never seem to be able to jump them.

I was -100, so I'm catching up.. if he commits, he's got the starting job and a good shot of being a freshman AA..

psuexv
01-24-2011, 08:59 PM
From Snoop - Just started 4th with chew clock on

Paging OB..... to the dynasty please.

Oneback
01-24-2011, 09:01 PM
Already there.

fsuprime
01-24-2011, 09:02 PM
haha nice

Iron Dragon
01-24-2011, 09:02 PM
Done with recruiting.

JeffHCross
01-24-2011, 09:07 PM
Dragon, one thing to try in your next user game ... G and some others (can't recall who) have a theory that hitting pause before the kickoff will allow the game to sync better. It's solved some people's problems with consistent disconnect. Every time I've played a game this year after doing that, even when Oneback was broadcasting his game over justin.tv, there's been practically no lag. That might be worth a try for you.

fsuprime
01-24-2011, 09:13 PM
yea I do that before every game now, do it in SBCOL as well. I have not had a disconnect since G and I did it a while ago.