PDA

View Full Version : What's left to be announced?!

BlindRedBaron
05-22-2010, 12:20 AM
I've been wondering; after all of the "there's more" comments... what more is left to be announced? What kinds of things do you guys think might still be under wraps that we'll be shocked by?

To kick it off, I'll give my two cents that it has something to do with audio. I know they've already hit on presentation, but one of the MAJOR gripes last year was the lackluster audio. Between bland, repetitive, often lifeless commentary, and a crowd that sounds like they're watching grass grow, this part of the game is due for an overhaul for the other presentation elements to mean anything.

I find this "audio" possibility particularly intriguing coming off of this week's announcement of Gus Johnson being in Madden 11.

So please, reply with your thoughts on this or other potential forthcoming "features" or announcements!

Jayrah
05-22-2010, 03:17 AM
That is very possible. If you remember one of the twitter's from one of the CD attendees (not from our site), was: "Get ready to blow your subs out in ncaa 11", or something like that. Audio is definitely on my agenda of things to watch for. I honestly believe that this 3rd blog is going to hit on something that we aren't even expecting. There's some recruiting direction that he gave from the end of the 2nd blog, but he wouldn't intentionally give away the biggest part of the blog, so there's something we aren't thinking about at work here. I won't dare to venture on what it will be though.

Other blogs we do know about include the inevitable Uniform blog, apparently and awesomely including the pro combats based on TCU screenshot. We know about a stadium upgrade blog. Also we know about TB 2.0 and SS 2.0. And still we should get another presentation blog on the rest of ESPN integration, seeing as they left blog 1 on that open to further enhancements (this could be part of the audio you have referred to above). Those are the for sure ones we know about. We're only like 3 weeks from E3, so it's gonna come in waves here. And I am JACKED!

Side note: Someone on OS (right after they came out) mentioned the possibility of new facemasks being added, based on waves of community feedback about some more popular masks not making it in. This was based off of an ncaa 11 artist dev's comments about the feedback being somewhat overwhelming in favor of more. No confirmation at all but I would love to see that too.

Rudy
05-22-2010, 05:44 AM
Things I'm hoping to hear about yet:

*new ratings for players (QB accuracy short, medium, long, etc)
*camera angle options
*new sliders this year (fumbles, injuries, fatigue, arm strength, man vs. zone coverage, etc.)
*accelerated clock
*coach carousel (retire, hire/fire cpu coaches, maybe OC/DC)
*online roster editor
*recruiting difficulty option?
*will the cpu play calling change based on personel (ie, if spread QB gets hurt and slow footed backup comes in, do they still run the option?)
*what changes have they made to the game planning stuff (ex. run commit)
*did you fix the menu lag that existed in NCAA 10 that didn't exist in NCAA 09?
*how have they improved the half time and post game shows? Any real commentary for it or just video clips?
*Will there be a college football weekly wrap up show with looks at games around the country?
*improved crowd sounds (defense chant last year very embarrassing)
*what teams are in the demo, how long are the quarters (or is it OT game) and how many options will we get with the demo (difficulty, sliders)

Rudy
05-22-2010, 07:40 AM
People have commented on the passing trajectory being tweaked. I'm curious to see how this will be. I've always found that EA did a good job in horizontally spreading the field but did a poor job of vertically spreading the field. LBs could jump too well and it was hard to drop a pass in over a guy in a zone (without it getting swatted) and in front of a safety.

Also, am I the only one that has wondered why they haven't had a true pass rush rating for defensive players? Rushing the passer isn't just speed and quickness. It's instinct. Awareness is too often used for all facets of the game but there are some players who may be lost in coverage or against the run but can really rush the passer. And there are plenty of physical studs who aren't good at rushing the passer as someone who has a good feel for it (moves and counter moves). I often compare rushing the passer to playing the post in basketball. Certainly a good set of physical attributes make you better but you still have to have a feel for the game. A lot of great basketball players can't play with their back to the basket and a lot of combine studs suck at rushing the QB in the NFL.

steelerfan
05-22-2010, 10:42 AM
Two nit-picky things that would make me happy:

First, when saving Highlights, I'd like for there to be radio buttons or check boxes by the pictures so I can select the ones I want and save them all at once instead of having to save them one by one.

Also, I'd like the Stadium Sounds feature to be like MLB The Show where I can choose any point in a song for the custom sound to begin.

Just a couple things that have annoyed me that I've never mentioned.

BlindRedBaron
05-22-2010, 04:10 PM
Two nit-picky things that would make me happy:

First, when saving Highlights, I'd like for there to be radio buttons or check boxes by the pictures so I can select the ones I want and save them all at once instead of having to save them one by one.

Also, I'd like the Stadium Sounds feature to be like MLB The Show where I can choose any point in a song for the custom sound to begin.

Just a couple things that have annoyed me that I've never mentioned.

I'd kind of like the ability to create highlight reels... whether they be for games, centered around a single player, or the whole year of a given team, it'd be awesome to create entire reels with ESPN wipes throughout :)

JeffHCross
05-22-2010, 04:33 PM
I think we've still got a significant defensive announcement on the way. Like Jayrah, I'm also expecting a major crowd/atmosphere enhancement.

The third Dynasty Blog will be about enhancements to CPU logic in Dynasty, so I'm expecting that to make a big splash. I don't mean that it will blow us away, but it will be absolutely huge for dynasty players.

The one thing I'm still looking for is the E3 announcement. It might be the thing that blew the CD guys away, I'm not sure. But Tiburon is finally poised to make a big splash at EA with both NCAA and Madden. Teambuilder was a major announcement last year ... sure, some parts of the Community weren't impressed, but it was still the right level of announcement for E3. Online Roster editor is possible, but I don't see it coming this year.

Similarly, I don't think Coaching Carousel or enhanced QB ratings are coming this year. They might be, but they're the type of the announcement I would have expected earlier in the year. They're significant announcements for the hardcore fanbase (us), but the casual user doesn't care about them. Would have expected to see them announced around the same time as the ESPN Presentation enhancements.

The key to look at when thinking about future announcements is to consider the marketing department. What's likely to make the biggest splash, and if its not something that will make a big splash, otherwise why wait this long? If you compare the features you're wanting versus what has already been announced, a pattern may (or may not) begin to emerge.

I'd kind of like the ability to create highlight reels... whether they be for games, centered around a single player, or the whole year of a given team, it'd be awesome to create entire reels with ESPN wipes throughout :)ARRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH! This is one of the features that I've been missing for so long. Hardball 5 had this in 1995 on the PC. Not only did it have Highlight Reels, but the computer selected the "best" plays of the game for you automatically. Like the highlight reel that's shown at the end of each NCAA game, but the user had full control over saving them, which was awesome.

JeffHCross
05-22-2010, 04:43 PM
Starting at 2:00, Madden Creative Director Ian Cummings talks about enhancements to the audio in Madden. Hopefully we see something similar in NCAA: http://www.operationsports.com/newspost.php?id=415715

Rudy
05-22-2010, 06:29 PM
I hope they don't announce a big red circle will appear on the field wherever the ball will land. It looks like it's in the game on every pass attempt too (I'm not sure though). I think that's a bad feature in Madden that needs an option to turn it off.

Jayrah
05-22-2010, 07:04 PM
in the nate ahearn and gus johnson interview there's a new kicking bar shown. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5vTSGUFbo0&feature=related 1:40 mark. Wonder if they'll change up the ncaa kicking bar and or system.

Rudy
05-22-2010, 07:09 PM
Nope. Madden redid the kicking system but NCAA already said it was staying the same as last year's system.

JeffHCross
05-22-2010, 08:07 PM
Hadn't seen that. Dangit, I was hoping for the new bar in NCAA.

BlindRedBaron
05-23-2010, 12:59 PM
Hey Jeff, what do you envision as a "defensive announcement"? Perhaps I'm more skeptical than you in that regard, but I really just don't know what they can bring to the table. Obviously, player lock will be there, but what kinds of advancements to defensive gameplay do you think they would have?

If there is anything related to gameplay, I can see Co-op make its way into NCAA. I personally don't think it'd be a big deal, as I doubt I'd take advantage of it that often, but it would be a "shocker" in the CD guy's eyes. It is a pretty big feature, but I wouldn't use it. Beyond that, I tend to think we are game-played out. (but I'm more than happy to be surprised)

Thoughts?

Rudy
05-23-2010, 01:23 PM
I think a pure defensive camera, one that doesn't constantly pan around like player lock, would be a really cool feature. In terms of defensive features, the ability choose a CB to cover a specific WR would be good. The ability to shade inside or outside with DBs would be nice.

Jayrah
05-23-2010, 02:43 PM
Nope. Madden redid the kicking system but NCAA already said it was staying the same as last year's system.

That's too bad, the kicking system is in need of an upgrade. But personally I think the blocking AI will upgrade the return in special teams dramatically as a whole. I am hoping it won't be a return fest though. Not sure how that will play out.

I think a pure defensive camera, one that doesn't constantly pan around like player lock, would be a really cool feature. In terms of defensive features, the ability choose a CB to cover a specific WR would be good. The ability to shade inside or outside with DBs would be nice.

Yeah the CB and/or S being able to shade would be nice. I actually think that might be in. On the latest video we had, there is a play with Louisville on offense, where the S has come up on the slot. I don't know the shading on him, but he is positioned to take away a slant route, with his back to the middle of the field, as opposed to head up. He backs out, but his positioning is interesting. The matchup feature from madden, would be a good addition defensively.

I sure hope the bump and run is better than we've seen from a defensive standpoint on the wr. I haven't seen a good bump yet.

JeffHCross
05-23-2010, 04:30 PM
Hey Jeff, what do you envision as a "defensive announcement"? Perhaps I'm more skeptical than you in that regard, but I really just don't know what they can bring to the table. Obviously, player lock will be there, but what kinds of advancements to defensive gameplay do you think they would have?I honestly don't know what they'd bring. I've tried to think about it, but I can't come up with a new feature. Clearly, the defense needs something to reign in the Blocking AI and Locomotion, at least in my opinion.

Then again, on the upside for our hopes, I wouldn't have come up with Commit, Gameplan, Player Lock, or any of the recent features. So I'm obviously not the creative one here.

JBHuskers
05-23-2010, 05:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTVf-YLa2G0

Flav
05-23-2010, 05:56 PM
Tease!!

Deuce
05-23-2010, 05:57 PM
And how'd that turn out for her?

sorry, that's a horrible joke. :o

rhombic21
05-23-2010, 05:59 PM
Honestly, with the exception of a play creator, custom playbooks, and the ability to tell DBs to shade to a particular side, there aren't any announcements that I'd care about. Aside from those things, I'm pretty satisfied with the current feature set. I'm more concerned to see how well they execute the elements that have already been announced, particularly as they relate to gameplay.

JeffHCross
05-23-2010, 06:26 PM
I don't think we'll see it on NCAA 11 (or any future year), but I'd love to see NFL Head Coach's system of OVR being dictated by your team's playbook and play style make its way to Madden and NCAA.

Rudy
05-23-2010, 06:51 PM
I don't want bump n run coverage to be too powerful. I didn't have Madden too long but I felt the CBs held up the WRs too long at times and with big blitzes it threw off the timing too much imo. I'd like to see more risk for it defensively. If it's overpowered it becomes more frustrating than the other way around. Not many defenses in college football can get away with using bump n run a lot. And big time college WRs should still be able to dominate a bad secondary no matter what they do. I still remember Braylon Edwards torching MSU's secondary in a big comeback win about 6 years ago. I've never liked it when people choose double team a WR and it takes them out of the game. That's completely unrealistic.

Maybe the defensive game planning has the ability to cheat inside or outside for DBs to take away slants or outs? Of course JB will just tease away.

Rudy
05-23-2010, 06:57 PM
They had a chance to talk about ratings in that last blog and they didn't. Not sure if that means QB ratings are in or not but I'd love to see a few signature styles for QB (quick vs slow release, even different release points). Also, you guys had eluded to the fact big and small RBs tend to play more to their strengths this year. Bigger backs don't dance as much or try to get outside. I'd love to see more personality in the RBs.

BlindRedBaron
05-23-2010, 07:45 PM
They had a chance to talk about ratings in that last blog and they didn't. Not sure if that means QB ratings are in or not but I'd love to see a few signature styles for QB (quick vs slow release, even different release points). Also, you guys had eluded to the fact big and small RBs tend to play more to their strengths this year. Bigger backs don't dance as much or try to get outside. I'd love to see more personality in the RBs.

That'd be big, but I don't think we should hold our breaths on a change in ratings (at least that big). From what I remember from previous years, there are just too many players for them to have accurate ratings that are more specific than they currently are.

Of course I'd like players to play more like their real life counterparts, but I just don't see it happening.

JeffHCross
05-23-2010, 10:15 PM
EA has had some major misses on players the last few years (players that are white being black, etc), so I think the last thing I'd want, as a fan, is more details that are relatively unimportant to the overall game that they'd struggle to get right. Signature styles are huge in basketball and baseball games. In my opinion they're not nearly as important in football.

Jayrah
05-23-2010, 10:26 PM
Rudy I echo those sentiments, particularly on bump and run. But I've seen all free releases so far, even when the coverage dictates a bump and run. If the wr makes a quick move and the db misses or gets only a hand on him, that's good, but there are no moves being made, just free release. Probably to show off plays by wr, but I'm hoping at least we can get any semblance of bump and run. Last year the bump took too long, I just want the wr to have to take that extra half second to make a move to defeat it.

Solidice
05-23-2010, 10:44 PM
not sure if this is very reliable, or if it was already posted here before, but there was an ESPN chat that talked about some "new" stuff. http://m.espn.go.com/general/chat/chat?eventId=32505&page=0

CPU recruiting slider, pro combat uniforms and apparently one or more teams with pro combat uniform will be in the demo, confirmation on no FCS teams, and apparently Oregon will have 10 jerseys and 7 pants.

JeffHCross
05-23-2010, 11:19 PM
On Thursday May 20, we'll get answers to all of your Madden NFL 11 and NCAA Football 11 questions from the people making them. We'll look at player ratings, Team Builder, Online Franchise and anything else that's been burning a hole in your video gaming soul. Pull up a seat, send your questions and join Aaron Boulding Thursday evening at 6:30 PM EST!

Erm ... what? "The people making them" != Aaron Boulding. He's the video game analyst for ESPN.

JeffHCross
05-23-2010, 11:24 PM
joe bayshore ny [via mobile]: stop talking to everyone and go fix all the glitches in the game
Aaron Boulding: We give them an earful several times a year. In fact there's no complaint you all could make that hasn't be echoed a thousand times. EA knows what what we gripe about. They're just restricted to responding to you all the way we might want. The game has to speak for itself. Making games is like wack-a-mole though. A problem solved here means one doesn't get solved over there.L.m.a.o.

Wtf.

JBHuskers
05-23-2010, 11:26 PM
and how'd that turn out for her?

Sorry, that's a horrible joke. :o

lol

JBHuskers
05-23-2010, 11:27 PM
I don't think we'll see it on NCAA 11 (or any future year), but I'd love to see NFL Head Coach's system of OVR being dictated by your team's playbook and play style make its way to Madden and NCAA.

One of the head guys from Head Coach is on the Madden team now. Not sure if anything from that game will translate or not though.

JeffHCross
05-24-2010, 12:04 AM
Yeah, Josh was there last year too. But I don't see that making its way over, even though it would be awesome. With 120 Ways to Win, it would actually be the perfect extension of all the work they've put into the books and the play styles this year. I just don't see it happening, as much as I would like it to.

Jayrah
05-24-2010, 02:58 AM
I'm kinda interested in the recruiting slider. We had a pretty good debate on that over at utopia like 2 weeks ago. I'm almost wondering if he wasn't making some stuff up to answer the questions. Not sure he would know about cpu recruiting without a release on it yet. We'll see. Also if accurate, confirmation on no playoff options. Hey, maybe that means that coaching carousel will be in...:D :p

And LOL that a dude would ask if ALL 120 FBS schools would be in this year. Check the game out much? hahaha

Rudy
05-24-2010, 05:44 AM
That guy seemed to know his stuff about NCAA. He knew a lot of things that a casual guy wouldn't know and if he says a recruiting slider is in, it's in baby! That would be awesome!

jaymo76
05-24-2010, 04:22 PM
No FCS again was pretty dissapointing though I figured that would be the case. Still, I am holding out hope for a coaching carousel. If not that, then hopefully we will see the little things again like gatorade showers, spring game, heisman ceremony, etc.

Jayrah
05-25-2010, 12:34 AM
No FCS again was pretty dissapointing though I figured that would be the case. Still, I am holding out hope for a coaching carousel. If not that, then hopefully we will see the little things again like gatorade showers, spring game, heisman ceremony, etc.

Why are we still holding on to this. It was mentioned earlier in another thread, that if they aren't going to include "coaches" in any other part of the game, why would they put a coaching carousel in? This is a feature for next year. With the way the ncaa team is going about different aspects of the game this year, they are meeting every aspect of any addition they have made. Coaching carousel without coaches anywhere would not hold true to the approach they have taken. Not only that, but there is absolutely NOTHING that would tie to a that feature in any way that has been announced. Even 120 ways to win doesn't tie in. Because it's separate styles for every school. I mean, you could change the offensive playbook to whatever you want, but the focus is for EVERY school to play like they play IRL, not for the option of changing offenses throughout the ncaa. That's how I see it so far anyway. Not trying to squash the dream, but don't hold on for too long to this one, until 12 anyway.

Also, gatorade showers on whom? LOL

Heisman ceremony would fit nicely into the espn presentation. I would hold out for that. That would be awesome post season addition

That guy seemed to know his stuff about NCAA. He knew a lot of things that a casual guy wouldn't know and if he says a recruiting slider is in, it's in baby! That would be awesome!

He's a game analyst for ESPN, so he would have read anything on any sports game related to espn to this point. I sure hope he has that info, but I'm just saying I could've answered all but 2 of those questions. Recruiting slider would be nice IMO though. I would like to know what the difference would be with the cpu approach (will they recruit better or will it simply be harder for the user to get his player). Hopefully we'll hear about this tomorrow with blog 3

Coachdenz
05-25-2010, 11:08 AM
Recruiting slider? any idea's what this would do? Make recruiting harder, easier? anyone care to speculate or did I look over that disscussion.

razorback44
05-25-2010, 11:14 AM
TeamBuilder 2.0.......can we please get some info on this or at least when it is going to go live?

JeffHCross
05-25-2010, 09:18 PM
That guy seemed to know his stuff about NCAA. He knew a lot of things that a casual guy wouldn't know and if he says a recruiting slider is in, it's in baby!Not so fast, my friend.

[/Corso]

That guy acted like he knew what he was talking about. It'd take it with a heaping pile of salt though. It wouldn't surprise me to see it in the next blog (since that's about CPU recruiting), but what's written in that chat isn't fact based on the chat alone.

Solidice
05-25-2010, 09:26 PM
Not so fast, my friend.

[/Corso]

That guy acted like he knew what he was talking about. It'd take it with a heaping pile of salt though. It wouldn't surprise me to see it in the next blog (since that's about CPU recruiting), but what's written in that chat isn't fact based on the chat alone.

yeah, thats why I only posted it in this thread instead of making a new thread or something like that. there is no telling how much of that is accurate. I would guess that it is, but we don't know yet.

jaymo76
05-25-2010, 11:50 PM
Why are we still holding on to this. It was mentioned earlier in another thread, that if they aren't going to include "coaches" in any other part of the game, why would they put a coaching carousel in? This is a feature for next year. With the way the ncaa team is going about different aspects of the game this year, they are meeting every aspect of any addition they have made. Coaching carousel without coaches anywhere would not hold true to the approach they have taken. Not only that, but there is absolutely NOTHING that would tie to a that feature in any way that has been announced. Even 120 ways to win doesn't tie in. Because it's separate styles for every school. I mean, you could change the offensive playbook to whatever you want, but the focus is for EVERY school to play like they play IRL, not for the option of changing offenses throughout the ncaa. That's how I see it so far anyway. Not trying to squash the dream, but don't hold on for too long to this one, until 12 anyway.

Hey, you are preaching to the choir... I think you are commenting on my post from NCAA Strat. I am just saying that it would be a nice feature to have though I don't expect we will get it.

Jayrah
05-26-2010, 12:57 AM
Hey, you are preaching to the choir... I think you are commenting on my post from NCAA Strat. I am just saying that it would be a nice feature to have though I don't expect we will get it.

Oh sorry. I ..... yeah. My bad. Friends???? :) haha

Jayrah
05-26-2010, 12:59 AM
Not so fast, my friend.

[/Corso]

:D:D:D Very wise decision. Wow, if that's wrong.... :o

Rudy
05-26-2010, 05:52 AM
Not so fast, my friend.

[/Corso]

I think I'm one of the few that will miss Corso as part of the broadcast team.

jaymo76
05-26-2010, 10:08 AM
Oh sorry. I ..... yeah. My bad. Friends???? :) haha

No worries :)

AustinWolv
05-26-2010, 10:37 AM
With all the talk of the CPU being smarter in recruiting and such, who thinks there is an achievement added for taking a small program to a BCS game or a national title?

Deuce
05-26-2010, 11:21 AM
I think I'm one of the few that will miss Corso as part of the broadcast team.

Did I miss this? Is Corso being out confirmed? I will miss him as well.

cdj
05-26-2010, 12:31 PM
Discussion of the 'ELITE' pics have been moved to this thread (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?180-What-is-ELITE).

Jayrah
05-26-2010, 05:07 PM
Did I miss this? Is Corso being out confirmed? I will miss him as well.

Yes it's confirmed. I can't remember where, but he's gone, as is "ask corso". And yes, you are probably the only 2 that will miss him. :D I love him in real life though, on the set for pregame stuff.

Jayrah
05-26-2010, 05:08 PM
With all the talk of the CPU being smarter in recruiting and such, who thinks there is an achievement added for taking a small program to a BCS game or a national title?

Oh, great point. That would be a great achievement addition.

Deuce
05-26-2010, 05:21 PM
Yes it's confirmed. I can't remember where, but he's gone, as is "ask corso". And yes, you are probably the only 2 that will miss him. :D I love him in real life though, on the set for pregame stuff.

Man, I totally missed all that. So, its just Herbie and Ness?

Flav
05-26-2010, 05:22 PM
Was Nessler it NCAA 10? lol

Solidice
05-26-2010, 05:27 PM
Was Nessler it NCAA 10? lol

yup. it's been Nessler, Kirk, and Corso for a very long time(if not from the beginning, my memory is not that good). it seems Corso is gone for this year, even the ask Corso feature is renamed to "ask coach". also, on the NCAA site feature page, where it talks about the ESPN broadcast, it only mentions Brad and Kirk in the booth with Erin on the sidelines. no mention of Corso.

Flav
05-26-2010, 05:30 PM
If the brodcasting is terrible I think that the ESPN presentation is a waste.

JBHuskers
05-26-2010, 06:19 PM
Man, I totally missed all that. So, its just Herbie and Ness?

Yeah at community day it took quite a while for me to figure that out LOL

gschwendt
05-26-2010, 07:47 PM
At CD they said that part of the reason they removed Corso is because of the complaints of all of the stale, repetitive commentary. Obviously most of his lines are the memorable ones so those are the ones that stick out whenever you think of repetitive. I'm hoping that this also opens the door for the future to use the saved space for either additional commentary or additional features.

Coachdenz
05-26-2010, 07:51 PM
Then I wonder if the have a voice
explaining why the coach picks
this play on the"ask coach" feature and if so who is the voice.

Jayrah
05-26-2010, 11:58 PM
At CD they said that part of the reason they removed Corso is because of the complaints of all of the stale, repetitive commentary. Obviously most of his lines are the memorable ones so those are the ones that stick out whenever you think of repetitive. I'm hoping that this also opens the door for the future to use the saved space for either additional commentary or additional features.

Did they say if they went in and recorded new stuff? Cause without new analysis, losing Corso will do very little but make the current commentary between the other two just as stale. I have a strong feeling they would've added a ton of stuff due to the espn, but the statement by JB that it took him a long time to figure it out is a bit puzzling in the realm of announcing. Nothing to get upset about though.

EDIT: Oh you prolly can't talk much about that. I also heard last year that they were looking to add a new PA announcer voice, and couldn't get it in last season. Hopefully it's in this year. That would make for a fresh touch. The PA announcer has been on sleeping pills since I can remember.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
05-27-2010, 08:43 AM
i say we bring back keith jackson to replace corso... to rekindle those old days on the PS1... lol with the gamebreaker series from 989...

"E"

Rudy
05-27-2010, 03:55 PM
What is Keith Jackson doing these days?

JBHuskers
05-27-2010, 04:23 PM
What is Keith Jackson doing these days?

Sipping a Pina Colada for the most part. I think he only works a couple games a year now.

steelerfan
05-31-2010, 10:25 PM
I just watched the video of new features for TW 11 and I see that they are introducing OTP with a 12 on 12 team mode. That makes me more suspicious that something similar could be headed to NCAA 11. I guess we'll find out soon.

JBHuskers
06-01-2010, 10:52 AM
I just watched the video of new features for TW 11 and I see that they are introducing OTP with a 12 on 12 team mode. That makes me more suspicious that something similar could be headed to NCAA 11. I guess we'll find out soon.

Yep you'll find out in possibly two weeks :D TEASE!

AustinWolv
06-01-2010, 11:19 AM
Sipping a Pina Colada for the most part. I think he only works a couple games a year now.

Pretty much West Coast only as I recall it.

JeffHCross
06-01-2010, 09:37 PM
I just watched the video of new features for TW 11 and I see that they are introducing OTP with a 12 on 12 team mode. That makes me more suspicious that something similar could be headed to NCAA 11. I guess we'll find out soon.w00t, lag fests!

JBHuskers
06-01-2010, 09:50 PM
Tiger OTP is easily done because you only see yourself on the course and 11 ball streams....it's not like 24 people are all walking the course at the same time on your screen. It basically uses the simultaneous online technology that started with Tiger 09.

JeffHCross
06-01-2010, 09:57 PM
Yeah, I was talking about for the possibility of NCAA OTP, not TW. NHL OTP did really well, but I'm not optimistic about optimized network code for NCAA.

steelerfan
06-01-2010, 11:28 PM
Yeah, I was talking about for the possibility of NCAA OTP, not TW. NHL OTP did really well, but I'm not optimistic about optimized network code for NCAA.

What if it were 6 on 6 (offense using only skill players as humans while the line is CPU)?

cdj
06-01-2010, 11:44 PM
Lag bothers me as a potential issue, but AI confusion is really what bothers me if they ever add this in. 3 on 3 may be OK, but if it's 6 on 6, I can just see people moving defenders to form a conga line on one side of the line to confuse the OL. Maybe it wouldn't be an issue with Real Assignment AI, but I imagine even the greatest CPU logic ever programmed would have a tough time handling some of the cheese it would get thrown at it with the more human players on the other side trying to break it.

Now, with the right group of guys, football OTP could be a lot of fun. It's just when you throw in randoms that I have serious questions. Maybe you can limit pre-snap movement to help counter any issues.

JBHuskers
06-01-2010, 11:47 PM
Lag bothers me as a potential issue, but AI confusion is really what bothers me if they ever add this in. 3 on 3 may be OK, but if it's 6 on 6, I can just see people moving defenders to form a conga line on one side of the line to confuse the OL. Maybe it wouldn't be an issue with Real Assignment AI, but I imagine even the greatest CPU logic ever programmed would have a tough time handling some of the cheese it would get thrown at it with the more human players on the other side trying to break it.

Yeah it's one story to have 22 men on the field, it's another story having each individually controlled. A whole new monster. Even condensing that down to 6 on 6, it's a tough call. Hockey can do it, but we're talking about two different architectures.

Jayrah
06-02-2010, 12:00 AM
This all just SOUNDS complicated. It's not even a good idea really for football.

steelerfan
06-02-2010, 12:27 AM
Ha! I don't think it works too well in hockey either (if you read my earlier posts). And yeah, pre-snap movement would have to be limited to shifts, IMO.

That being said, I am relieved to know that OTP is not one of the remaining announcements.

:p

lilheavy
06-04-2010, 12:55 PM
custom playbooks, and the ability to tell DBs to shade to a particular side

THIS!!! I would love to have this ability. I would also like to see on the fly audibles make a comeback.

JeffHCross
06-05-2010, 01:07 PM
What is Keith Jackson doing these days?Hosting Big Ten Icons (top 50 Big Ten players in history) this fall, but other than that I think he's totally done. Haven't seen any games from him (even West Coast) since 2006.

What if it were 6 on 6 (offense using only skill players as humans while the line is CPU)?Honestly ... no. Look, right now it's difficult at best to get through NCAA 10 games consistently without lag or drops. I can barely imagine that they could optimize the networking code enough to guarantee the voyeur/game watching feature that some people desperately want on OD games. Even 2-on-2 would worry me horribly about drops or lags.

Ha! I don't think it works too well in hockey either (if you read my earlier posts).Agreed. I believe you and I played a game together, yes? I played only a handful games of NHL 10 online, and it seemed like every time there was a player who didn't want to give up the puck. Combine that with a lack of headsets and it was a very bad situation.

Coachdenz
06-05-2010, 08:40 PM
Online Dynasty Mascot Championship Challenge.....you seen it here 1st.

jaymo76
06-05-2010, 09:20 PM
If we had custom playbooks I would be over the moon. That said I see ZERO chance for them in NCAA 11.

Sinister
06-08-2010, 08:57 AM
hey if you guys checkout the third blog pics at the bottom of one of them it say corso and herbstrait doesn't know what that means, but it says it there

texacotea
06-08-2010, 09:08 AM
hey if you guys checkout the third blog pics at the bottom of one of them it say corso and herbstrait doesn't know what that means, but it says it there

Looks like game predictions, just like previous years in dynasty mode

BlindRedBaron
06-08-2010, 11:17 PM
Gosh, I hate to be a broken record here, but I'm still holding out for those darn audio updates. The "sounds" of football on Saturday's must have been revamped/improved, so I'm just holding my breath on that one.

If we don't here something soon, or during E3, I'm really going to start getting worried that it may have been overlooked.

jaymo76
06-09-2010, 12:43 AM

Let's hope they are fixed in 11. It drove me nuts in 10 the silly predictions we had.

Jayrah
06-09-2010, 01:17 AM

Could there still be a Saturday selection show glimmer? Corso's not on the game call, but still in the game....Gameday anyone? Doubt it though, prolly just on the pop-up game comparison screen. Just thought I'd stir the melting pot.

Gosh, I hate to be a broken record here, but I'm still holding out for those darn audio updates. The "sounds" of football on Saturday's must have been revamped/improved, so I'm just holding my breath on that one.

If we don't here something soon, or during E3, I'm really going to start getting worried that it may have been overlooked.

They're coming buddy!!!!!!! I BELIEVE!

jaymo76
06-10-2010, 12:17 AM
Could there still be a Saturday selection show glimmer? Corso's not on the game call, but still in the game....Gameday anyone? Doubt it though, prolly just on the pop-up game comparison screen. Just thought I'd stir the melting pot.

They're coming buddy!!!!!!! I BELIEVE!

I would love to see but see ZERO chance this year.

Sinister
06-10-2010, 11:31 AM
so guys that went to CD is really anything else. woould like to know

cdj
06-10-2010, 11:36 AM
Yeah, there's something else. Not an item that I would call flashy, so I'm not sure when they will reveal it. Dynasty Wire is the big one, though.

gschwendt
06-10-2010, 11:52 AM
Yeah... it's a fairly big feature for any hardcore players. It will effect everyone else but they may not as easily appreciate it.

Sinister
06-10-2010, 01:43 PM
cool that's good to know. i take it this is how you guys felt at CD when you first saw the game. its a bit unbelievable how much change has happened in one year

JBHuskers
06-10-2010, 02:24 PM
so guys that went to CD is really anything else. woould like to know

Yeah, there's something else. Not an item that I would call flashy, so I'm not sure when they will reveal it. Dynasty Wire is the big one, though.

Yeah it's not flashy but it's VERY beneficial and cool.

cdj
06-10-2010, 02:34 PM
cool that's good to know. i take it this is how you guys felt at CD when you first saw the game. its a bit unbelievable how much change has happened in one year

I was impressed by the number of improvements/changes, but the technical aspects of Dynasty Wire and especially the final name feature impressed me even more. It's something we didn't fully grasp until sitting down with Russ and having him walk us through it.

JBHuskers
06-10-2010, 02:41 PM
I was impressed by the number of improvements/changes, but the technical aspects of Dynasty Wire and especially the final name feature impressed me even more. It's something we didn't fully grasp until sitting down with Russ and having him walk us through it.

Yeah we were definitely wow'd with that.

iBrandon
06-10-2010, 02:54 PM
Yeah it's not flashy but it's VERY beneficial and cool.

Very interesting... Looking forward to this.

Kwizzy
06-10-2010, 02:56 PM
You guys gotta stop! It's killin me! Do we at least have any idea when they will announce this feature?

cdj
06-10-2010, 02:59 PM
You guys gotta stop! It's killin me! Do we at least have any idea when they will announce this feature?

I thought it might get announced this week and Dynasty Wire next week. They may hold on to this feature for a bit. It's for hardcore fans...casual fans won't care much about it.

Flav
06-10-2010, 03:01 PM
I have a question, don't know if you can answer this or not. But in previous versions of NCAA the National Championship was in the light and it took away from the atmosphere, is the NC in '11 at night time?

cdj
06-10-2010, 03:07 PM
I have a question, don't know if you can answer this or not. But in previous versions of NCAA the National Championship was in the light and it took away from the atmosphere, is the NC in '11 at night time?

Not sure on that one. I'm hoping (pretty sure) they will have some blogs on details & presentation items like the question you are asking. Those kind of blogs will be a nice lead-up to the game after getting the meat & potatoes of the features announced.

Kingpin32
06-10-2010, 04:42 PM
Yeah... it's a fairly big feature for any hardcore players. It will effect everyone else but they may not as easily appreciate it.

Formation Subs finally?

Flav
06-10-2010, 04:44 PM
Formation Subs finally?

Thats already been confirmed.

Kingpin32
06-10-2010, 04:47 PM
Thats already been confirmed.

Oh I guess I'm a tad bit late lol.

jaymo76
06-10-2010, 11:09 PM
I thought it might get announced this week and Dynasty Wire next week. They may hold on to this feature for a bit. It's for hardcore fans...casual fans won't care much about it.

Custom playbooks is what I want but not what I am expecting.

Jayrah
06-12-2010, 04:04 PM
Oh I guess I'm a tad bit late lol.

Everything's right here my brotha!
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?17-NCAA-Football-11-Information-Central

Yeah Jaymo, the custom playbooks I would consider a flashy feature. Also one that would have been announced already I think with all the talk on offensive styles. They are going to add that to coaches next year though I am guessing, that will make a solid start to features for that. I have NO idea what's left. But if it wow'd the guys (after the last feature that wow'd em, lol), then I'm fully convinced I am going to be very excited about it. EA has done a fabulous job this year.

Iron Dragon
06-12-2010, 04:42 PM
Custom playbooks would be nice.

BlindRedBaron
06-12-2010, 05:44 PM
What about audio?! Hahaha, all I want is some fresh commentary and accurate crowd reactions... please tell me that's not flashy and something hardcore players would appreciate...

I don't think it's been addressed yet, and I think it's been one of those things that stands in the way of greatness for both this series and football games in general... Do you CD guys have any commentary on potential audio improvements?

Flav
06-12-2010, 05:50 PM
I just hope it is better than last year. It was the boringest thing ever

JeffHCross
06-12-2010, 06:44 PM
I can't remember the source, but there has either been talk or speculation of it going to a two man commentary team between Nesslar and Herbie. I would think that would come with a lot of new audio.

Jayrah
06-12-2010, 08:36 PM
What about audio?! Hahaha, all I want is some fresh commentary and accurate crowd reactions... please tell me that's not flashy and something hardcore players would appreciate...

I don't think it's been addressed yet, and I think it's been one of those things that stands in the way of greatness for both this series and football games in general... Do you CD guys have any commentary on potential audio improvements?

Man I hope that's it. That would be better (for me) than custom playbooks. There's nothing quite like the excitement of sound in a game

psusnoop
06-12-2010, 09:28 PM
I can't remember the source, but there has either been talk or speculation of it going to a two man commentary team between Nesslar and Herbie. I would think that would come with a lot of new audio.

Jeff, I just tried to search places I thought I saw that but I swear I read that somewhere as well. I would expect brand new audio if that holds truth.

jaymo76
06-12-2010, 10:06 PM
Jeff, I just tried to search places I thought I saw that but I swear I read that somewhere as well. I would expect brand new audio if that holds truth.

Yup, Nessler and Herbie are the only ones. Corso is out, apparently for health reasnons

BlindRedBaron
06-13-2010, 02:51 AM
Audio is the MAJOR thing for me, but...

The only other thing for me that I think is necessary and very easy is removing those ridiculous celebrations. Not only is having them in the game horribly unsportsmanlike, they are stupid too... I mean really, would it be that hard to go to straight cutscenes? Whether it's teammate celebrations or brief/varied individual celebrations, cutscenes will be more realistic, more sportsmanlike, and will avoid that silly running around moment...

I wouldn't be too terribly upset if one or even both of these are left out (given how many other areas the game has improved upon), but they just seem so simple and basic, it'd be hard not to be disappointed...

Thoughts?

Rudy
06-13-2010, 05:44 AM
I like to celebrate!

JeffHCross
06-13-2010, 03:40 PM
I agree, I'd rather see the game run cutscenes of celebrating with the mascot or teammates or the Team Animation, whatever is closest. The running around is really stupid, and when I play somebody online and they go out of their way to run to the mascot on the other side of the field, I just want to smack them. Which is probably the point, actually.

JHeb
06-16-2010, 01:45 PM
I hope it is an audio upgrade b/c the audio on the demo is BAD. B-A-D.

Also, has anyone had the glitch from a PA Pass where the QB fakes the handoff then keeps running straight down the field, the wrong way?? This has happened at least two times to me and I've only played 4 or 5 games so far.

cdj
06-16-2010, 06:22 PM
I hope it is an audio upgrade b/c the audio on the demo is BAD. B-A-D.

Also, has anyone had the glitch from a PA Pass where the QB fakes the handoff then keeps running straight down the field, the wrong way?? This has happened at least two times to me and I've only played 4 or 5 games so far.

- I've heard that the audio in the final build is improved, but what don't you like specifically?

- I've seen that bug. The team knows about it and will/has been fixed.

Flav
06-16-2010, 06:24 PM
- I've heard that the audio in the final build is improved, but what don't you like specifically?

I'd love to answer this one if I can.

I personally don't like the enthusiasm. It is just like they are reading set pieces off a sheet of paper and the lack of enthusiasm just really kills the overall atmosphere.

The final score is........Miami.........21.........Florida........ ..35

JeffHCross
06-16-2010, 06:29 PM
Yeah, the halftime audio is just sad. "We've got a close one here! 7. ... 3."

cdj
06-16-2010, 06:34 PM
Gotcha, commentary & PA - It does need some work. What about crowd noise, music, etc? I will say the unannounced feature is not related to audio, but just wondering your thoughts on it starting with JHeb's post.

jaymo76
06-16-2010, 07:15 PM
Gotcha, commentary & PA - It does need some work. What about crowd noise, music, etc? I will say the unannounced feature is not related to audio, but just wondering your thoughts on it starting with JHeb's post.

Honestly, it's a lot better than 10 BUT I want the crowd noise to be deafening. For example, when OSU takes the field I should need to turn the volume down it should be so loud. Also, when I'm the opposition and I'm on the OSU goal line the crowd should be going insane (ps... bring back the shaking screen!!!).

JeffHCross
06-16-2010, 07:37 PM
The general crowd noise is decent. I didn't spend much time thinking about it though, so I'm not sure how I really feel. Audio is going to be a much bigger deal to me this year than in the past. I have a new speaker setup at home that allows me to bring up the background audio of TV and movie broadcasts. For sporting events, this means the crowd is even louder than on a normal broadcast. During the Cup Finals I had to turn down the crowd effect so I could still hear the announcers.

That brings me, in a roundabout way, to my second thought. The crowd chants are even worse than last year. The "Defense" chant made me cringe every time, much like last year's team-specific chants.

I also agree with jaymo, the shaking screen would go a long way toward the effect of the crowd. Heavy Rain did an excellent job of conveying stress (and in some cases alcohol) with their interface and how it would change. Tiburon should make it so a top tier stadium in a big game is almost impossible to hear yourself think.

And trust me, from personal experience, if Miami was down on Ohio State's goalline, we would be going insane.

morsdraconis
06-16-2010, 08:42 PM
Well, when I play video games, I use headphones on my HDTV (mainly so I can hear when playing FPSs and so I don't bother other people in rooms away because I have to have my shit up enough where I can hear EVERYTHING) and when I play the demo, I gotta turn the volume WAY down. It hurts my ears the crowd is so loud. I actually hope there's an audio slider just for the crowd because it's so loud, you can't hear the announcers sometimes.

As for the shaking screen, please don't. I like not getting a freakin' headache from playing a video game....

xRomo9
06-17-2010, 12:20 PM
I have asked and I'm still hoping for Teambuilder Teams to be used in 1v1 mode online . that would be the coolest ....

Kwizzy
06-17-2010, 01:56 PM
Well, based on the quote I posted in the demo discussion thread, I now believe the final feature set will be something similar to NHL 10's "tuner sets" which will allow EA to make gameplay adjustments based on feedback without having to release a patch.

About the NHL 10 feature,(from a post on OS):

The tuner set allows up to update various gameplay parameters to tune the game. For online play their is no choice but to get the lastest version (since everyone has to play with the same settings). For offline we plan on maintaining a version history so that you can opt to stay with an earlier version if you prefer how that one played -- so on day one there will probably be a V1.00 (which is basically the demo) and V1.01. If you download the tuning set and do nothing else you will be playing V1.01 because the default is "Latest".

The idea of the whole thing is that we can fine tune the balance of gameplay in response to how the game is being played and any issues that are discovered along the way. Not all problems can be fixed this way, but since we can do this sort of update much more quickly than a title update (aka patch) it should prove to be a useful tool and a number of improvements have already been made based on feedback from the demo.

JBHuskers
06-17-2010, 02:43 PM
Well, based on the quote I posted in the demo discussion thread, I now believe the final feature set will be something similar to NHL 10's "tuner sets" which will allow EA to make gameplay adjustments based on feedback without having to release a patch.

About the NHL 10 feature,(from a post on OS):

Yep. Posted in the demo thread.

CLW
06-17-2010, 03:23 PM
What about Season Showdown? Is it even still in the game, or did they all but silently admit that it was a complete and total flop last year?

JBHuskers
06-17-2010, 03:46 PM
What about Season Showdown? Is it even still in the game, or did they all but silently admit that it was a complete and total flop last year?

Everything is in minus the web competition between schools I think. So, leaderboards and earning points etc.

Rudy
06-17-2010, 04:11 PM
Tuner sets will be awesome.