PDA

View Full Version : Week 2, 2014

Oneback
01-18-2011, 09:30 PM
=============== #10 Oklahoma Sooners (1-0) ===============
Last week, Oklahoma won 77-45 against New Mexico (0-1).
This week, the Sooners travel to Iowa City to face the Iowa Hawkeyes (0-1).
In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) WR J.R. Stone has committed to Missouri

=============== #22 Clemson Tigers (0-1) ===============
Last week, Clemson lost 28-14 against Penn State (1-0).
This week, the Tigers will host Georgia (0-0).
In recruiting news, the following Clemson targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) DT Derek Lee has committed to Clemson
- (****) MLB Daniel Kramer has committed to Clemson
- (****) LG Nick Fine has committed to Alabama

=============== #4 Florida State Seminoles (0-0) ===============
Last week the Seminoles were idle.
This week, the Seminoles travel to Madison to face the #9 Wisconsin Badgers (1-0).
In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) LE Mike Kelley has committed to Florida State
- (****) DT Patrick Hill has committed to Alabama
- (****) MLB Courtney Golden has committed to Alabama

=============== #11 Miami Hurricanes (1-0) ===============
Last week, Miami won 86-0 against FIU (0-1).
This week, the Hurricanes will host #3 Michigan (1-0).
In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) ROLB Jay Rhoden has committed to Florida
- (****) RG Isaac Landrum has committed to West Virginia

=============== #3 Michigan Wolverines (1-0) ===============
Last week, Michigan won 42-3 against Boston College (0-1).
This week, the Wolverines travel to Miami to face the #11 Miami Hurricanes (1-0).
In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) WR J.R. Stone has committed to Missouri

=============== Texas A&M Aggies (0-1) ===============
Last week, Texas A&M lost 31-10 against Wisconsin (1-0).
This week, the Aggies travel to Orlando to face the UCF Knights (0-0).

=============== #5 Penn State Nittany Lions (1-0) ===============
Last week, Penn State won 28-14 against Clemson (0-1).
This week, the Nittany Lions will host #13 Oregon (0-0).
In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
- (*****) WR Kevin McMahan has committed to Alabama

=============== #13 Oregon Ducks (0-0) ===============
Last week the Ducks were idle.
This week, the Ducks travel to University Park to face the #5 Penn State Nittany Lions (1-0).
In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) RG Isaac Landrum has committed to West Virginia
- (****) TE Daniel Moore has committed to TCU
- (****) MLB Jake Wesley has committed to Oregon

=============== #2 USC Trojans (0-0) ===============
Last week the Trojans were idle.
This week, the Trojans travel to Boulder to face the Colorado Buffaloes (0-0).
In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
- (*****) LE Ed Frye has committed to USC
- (****) RE James Salyer has committed to Stanford
- (****) DT Patrick Hill has committed to Alabama

=============== #19 Virginia Tech Hokies (1-0) ===============
Last week, Virginia Tech won 105-0 against FCS Southeast .
This week, the Hokies will host Kansas State (0-0).
In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
- (**) FB James Pennington has committed to Pittsburgh
- (****) RE Darren Harper has committed to Ohio State
- (***) K Teddy Porter has committed to Virginia Tech
- (***) RG Jason Barber has committed to Virginia Tech
- (***) LT Eddie Nelson has committed to Virginia Tech
- (****) CB Avery Wilkinson has committed to Virginia Tech

=============== #1 Texas Longhorns (1-0) ===============
Last week, Texas won 77-9 against Iowa (0-1).
This week, the Longhorns will host #7 LSU (0-0).
In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) LG Nick Fine has committed to Alabama
- (*****) CB David Brown has committed to Texas
- (*****) WR Kevin McMahan has committed to Alabama
- (*****) WR Vince Gunn has committed to Texas

=============== #9 Wisconsin Badgers (1-0) ===============
Last week, Wisconsin won 31-10 against Texas A&M (0-1).
This week, the Badgers will host #4 Florida State (0-0).
In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) CB Pat Wagner has committed to Notre Dame
- (****) CB Avery Wilkinson has committed to Virginia Tech
- (****) TE Daniel Moore has committed to TCU
- (****) MLB Jake Wesley has committed to Oregon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JeffHCross
01-18-2011, 09:33 PM
G and Papa both taking a minor pounding in Week 1 ... moreso Wiscy than Texas, but still ... 3 to Bama? Ouch.

JeffHCross
01-18-2011, 09:40 PM
The ACC has the top 4 rushers after Week 1 ... Oklahoma follows up with #5 and #8.

fsuprime
01-18-2011, 09:44 PM
X2 on DE estes!! yay :), almost makes up for losing both my MLB targets

Oneback
01-18-2011, 09:48 PM
ry,

How does tomorrow night look for playing our game?

ryby6969
01-18-2011, 09:49 PM
X2 on DE estes!! yay :), almost makes up for losing both my MLB targets

I won't have to put a DE on my board for a few years. ;)

ryby6969
01-18-2011, 10:00 PM
ry,

How does tomorrow night look for playing our game?

I can go at like 10:30pm est? Maybe a little bit earlier, depends on when my race gets over for a GT5 league I am in.

gschwendt
01-18-2011, 10:02 PM
G and Papa both taking a minor pounding in Week 1 ... moreso Wiscy than Texas, but still ... 3 to Bama? Ouch.
The TE to TCU definitely hurts since I really liked him and I was his #2. The CB to Notre Dame hurts pretty bad as well since he was an ATH with A SPD, B ACC, and C THP... he was going to be my wildcat replacement. The other two were in my top 10 targets but weren't major targets for me as I have backup targets.

Papa LoneStar
01-18-2011, 10:47 PM
I see I gotta get Bama on the schedule in 2015....teach 'em a lesson....that MLB hurt....looks salty.

psuexv
01-18-2011, 10:51 PM
I see I gotta get Bama on the schedule in 2015....teach 'em a lesson....that MLB hurt....looks salty.

I tried to get them on this year but couldn't make it happen. Looked like they started SEC games in week 2.

Kingpin32
01-18-2011, 11:06 PM
Penn State escapes with a win against Oregon 24-17.

In a game that looked to be a battle of the RB corp, PSU rushes for over 200 yards in the win. An early injury to Seastrunk really hurt the Ducks, as he had 93 yards on only 10 touches. A late redzone fumble in last 90 seconds shot down Oregon's dream of an early season upset, and perhaps moving up into the elite status of the Pac-10.

Again, Good game Snoop.

Papa LoneStar
01-18-2011, 11:09 PM
@E....I'll make sure to schedule it Week 1 at Jerry World (man....flashback to NCAA 2000)

@Kingpin....Lache is out for the season right?

Kingpin32
01-18-2011, 11:12 PM
@E....I'll make sure to schedule it Week 1 at Jerry World (man....flashback to NCAA 2000)

@Kingpin....Lache is out for the season right?

Nope, only for the rest of the game. I need to give him some steroids so he stop getting hurt all the time.

Kingpin32
01-18-2011, 11:18 PM
My record against top 25 teams suuucckksss. I would so be out of a job right now.

JeffHCross
01-18-2011, 11:21 PM
My record against top 25 teams suuucckksss. I would so be out of a job right now.
3-1 against Oneback
1-9 against the rest of the league.

I win.

Kingpin32
01-18-2011, 11:25 PM
I don't even want to know my record against the league. I swear these close losses aren't good for my heart.

Papa LoneStar
01-19-2011, 12:50 AM
:Texas:

The #1 Longhorns slap around the #7 LSU Tigers 73-3 in their home opener in Austin.

Longhorn offense: 553 yards (295 ground, 258 air), 0 turnovers

QB Carlos McDaniel, SoRS: 11-19 258 yards 2 TD 0 INT

RB Earl Campbell II, Jr: 17 car 138 yards 3 TD; 1 rec 51 yards

RB Bryson Hopkins, Jr: 12 car 90 yards 2 TD

RB Traylon Shead, SrRS: 3 car 83 yards 1 TD

WR Roger Moss, FrRS: 2 rec 76 yards 1 TD

WR Mike Davis, SrRS: 3 rec 59 yards

TE Colton Hall, Jr: 3 rec 41 yards 1 TD

Longhorn defense: 174 yards allowed (126 air, 48 ground), 2-16 3rd down conversions allowed, 3 turnovers, 14 TFL, 4 sacks

MLB Jordan Hicks, SrRS: 5 tackles (3 TFL), 1 INT-TD

DE Jonathan Johnson, FrRS: 3 tackles (3 TFL), 2 sacks, 1 forced fumble

CB Carrington Byndom, SrRS: 1 tackle, 4 pass deflections, 1 forced fumble

Next up: #1 Texas vs #3 Michigan in Ann Arbor....2:30pm central on ABC or ESPN (check your local listings)....get ya popcorn ready

Papa LoneStar
01-19-2011, 01:51 AM
If I could figure out how to win in LA....I would be pretty stout (depending on the championship game outcomes of course)....off the dome....

W 41-7 ID
W 49-35 Kingpin
W 38-35 Prime

W 41-10 ID
W 56-19 Kingpin
L 35-31 PsuExv
W 52-44 G

L 37-31 Snoop
W 31-30 Jeff
W 35-21 PsuExv
W 26-21 Kingpin
W 51-24 ID
W 45-24 Jeff

W 56-18 Snoop
L 52-28 PsuExv
W 49-21 Kingpin
W 35-17 ID

14-3....I sure will take it....especially with 4 of 'em (2010 & 2012 Kingpin, 2012a Jeff, and 2011 G) either tied or one possession lead/down late in the game....and then 2010 Prime....almost choking as I was up 28-7 in the 2nd and BARELY hung on.

I hope to improve that to 20-3 after this season.

Kingpin32
01-19-2011, 02:18 AM
Based on my play pattern, I should be competitive with you this year.

Oneback
01-19-2011, 06:27 AM
I can go at like 10:30pm est? Maybe a little bit earlier, depends on when my race gets over for a GT5 league I am in.

That will work for me.

ryby6969
01-19-2011, 07:21 AM
See you then.

psusnoop
01-19-2011, 07:38 AM
Look out for the Ducks this year as they should build on the tough loss to PSU this season. The Ducks really came out swinging against PSU and has the Lions thinking twice about their 3-4 defense right now.

PSU was really lucky they had an advantage with speed against the Ducks secondary to be honest. Only completing 5 passes against the Ducks Secondary was interesting, I really didn't think I struggled that bad, but numbers don't lie.

That was another really fun and heart pounding game Kingpin. Wish it didn't come down to that fumble in the end as it just felt dirty to win that way.

SO HB Scott Clark is really emerging as the go to back early in the season with another strong performance.
20 carries 148yds 1TD
SR HB Redd took over as the backup for this game for RS JR Jeremy Mackey and Redd really performed well.
9 carries 89yds 1TD

True Freshman SS Byran James took over for the injured JR SS Paul McGill who is out for 3-4 weeks with a strained shoulder. The staff opted to continue the redshirts for JR SS Patrick Johnson and fellow FR SS Lorenzo Rodgers.

psuexv
01-19-2011, 08:18 AM

Yeah I wanted to put them on so they don't try creeping up the standings like they did last year.

Iron Dragon
01-19-2011, 09:36 AM
BREAKING NEWS: QB Blake Turner of the Oklahoma Sooners has left today's game with an injury against the Iowa Hawkeyes, and will be out for the remainder of the season.

F
M
L

QB options:
FR Alex McSux 47 OVR / 57 THP, 68 THA (totally blows donkey balls)
rSO DB Freddie Ingram ?? OVR / 60 THP, 52 THA (probably blows more, and probably won't play at QB)

psusnoop
01-19-2011, 09:46 AM
OUCH

Could be a very long year for the Sooners this year.

Iron Dragon
01-19-2011, 09:50 AM
BREAKING NEWS: QB Alex McSux has left the Iowa game with an injury and will be out for the remainder of the game.

This is beyond ridiculous.

EDIT: More fun... Roy Finch is out for four weeks with a sprained elbow.

What
the
____

Iron Dragon
01-19-2011, 09:59 AM
I mean who really needs players? Now without only non-walk on QB, #2 and very much used RB, others.. Sooners still beat Hawkeyes 49-21

The Blake Turner era of Oklahoma football came to a quick end as the only non-walk on QB will miss 12 weeks AKA the remainder of the season with broken ribs.

And then Roy Finch is gone.

It still doesn't matter even though they are down to just one QB not rated at 40, in 47 OVR QB Alex McSux. Coach ID wanted to see how good the kid's arm was, and threw a 15 yard pass, intended for Erik Richardson, and he missed Richardson by a good five yards and it was picked off. He won't be taking downfield shots ever again. McSux was good despite that, but he does have two 90+ rated WRs, a huge TE and good backs to dump it off too.

McSux was 9-for-15 with 112 yards, a TD, and an INT. His longest throw with YAC was 19 yards, and without it, it was probably five.

Brennan Clay ran for 173 yards and 3 TDs, and Roy Finch ran for 116 and rushed for a TD and caught a TD.

Kenny Stills caught a TD from Turner early on.

The Sooners D dominated as the first teamers only gave up 14 points, and Eric Humphrey recorded 3 sacks, and he also recovered a fumble.

fsuprime
01-19-2011, 07:46 PM
FSU v Wiscy scheduled for around 10:45 est tonight so Jeff play your game, iron dragon finish recruiting (why do people still recruit AFTER their games?) cause we should advance tonight :)

psuexv
01-19-2011, 08:16 PM
Sweeeetttttt!!!!!!

JeffHCross
01-19-2011, 08:21 PM
Yes, sir!

( I was already playing it)

Texas A&M runs all over, quite literally, Central Florida, to the tune of a 41-8 victory. The Texas A&M running game led the way -- well, led, followed, and consisted of nearly the entirety of -- with 485 yards on the ground out of 516 total offensive yards. HB Ben Malena ran 10 times for 137 with four TDs and HB Mister Jones ran 10 times for 120. In all, 11 different Aggies ran the football, counting QB Patrick Melton being sacked and taking a knee to the end the game. QB David Willis only threw three times, completing two for 31 yards.

The Aggie defense performed well, yielding only 220 yards and holding the Golden Knights to 2/10 on 3rd down.

Next week, the Aggies travel to Eugene, Ore for their second road game of their six-game road trip (next home game is Week 8 ... :smh:)

psusnoop
01-19-2011, 08:58 PM
Sweeeetttttt!!!!!!

Better stay up and play tonight because we have offseason tomorrow night in sbcol.

ryby6969
01-19-2011, 09:04 PM
OB, I am ready whenever you are.

Oneback
01-19-2011, 10:28 PM
Michigan goes down to Miami 31-18. Two turnovers gave Miami 10 points and Michigan's spread offense was unable to get the ball into the endzone on two occasions leading to field goals and that was the difference in the game.

Michigan will be going back to a pro-style offense for the rest of the season.

fsuprime
01-19-2011, 10:29 PM
#4 FSU defeats #9 Wisconsin in Madison 21 - 14

FSU's head coach will surely face tough questions from the media and fans as his offense seemed jim tressel conservative at some moments and as wide open as it was in 2013 during others. FSU's WRs are playing at a high level but the newcomers on the OL need to come together and the RBs need to watch some more tape, they were stymied all night long by the nasty wisconsin D.

Senior RB Joey Taylor won player of the game with 50 rushing yards and 3 TDs, and 4 catchs for 73 yards
FSU's Defense was stifling all game long picking off the Badger's QB 3 times and holding Wisconsin to 7 points until 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter when the Badgers would punch it in.

Play of the game: 3rd and 10 with under 2 minutes left in the game, FSU decides to throw for the first down. Clint Trickett drops back and has all day in the pocket, but realizes he has this time due to excellent down field coverage by the Badgers. Trickett rolls right with a DT bearing down on him, the DT lunges and grasps Trickett but Trickett somehow uses his leg strength to evade the sack continues towards the sideline before stopping and popping a strike to the streaking RB Joey Taylor for a 35 yard gain. Video Uploaded.

GG G, the big 10 is going to have it's hands full with your rushing defense and team as a whole once you get your offense in the groove.

ryby6969
01-19-2011, 10:36 PM
Michigan goes down to Miami 31-18. Two turnovers gave Miami 10 points and Michigan's spread offense was unable to get the ball into the endzone on two occasions leading to field goals and that was the difference in the game.

Michigan will be going back to a pro-style offense for the rest of the season.

Good game OB. My defense would bend but not break and those two turnovers killed you. That long TD run by Storm was huge because you had started to get some momentum going your way. Good luck the rest of the season.