PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Recruiting Thread

Kingpin32
01-16-2011, 09:10 PM
I wanted to be the first to make it lol.:P

fsuprime
01-16-2011, 09:12 PM
usually u need to have a recruit to commit to make it ;) hopefully that means u get a few insta commits!

Iron Dragon
01-16-2011, 09:13 PM
Can I has QB?

JeffHCross
01-16-2011, 09:40 PM
usually u need to have a recruit to commit to make it ;)No, that's just when you usually make a recruiting thread, regardless of whether or not someone's already made it ;)

Kingpin32
01-16-2011, 10:20 PM
usually u need to have a recruit to commit to make it ;)

Yeah well right now I have no access to my recruits right now.

JeffHCross
01-16-2011, 10:27 PM
FYI, if you're browsing the recruiting through Dynasty Wire, you may notice that players inexplicably have offers during the pre-season. I think this means that offer status doesn't get reset until Week 1 (perhaps similarly to how my Roster still shows the players I cut?). I noticed once player that claimed offers from USC and Boise State, while all the other prospects I checked had no offers from anyone in the Top 10, but still had offers showing overall. Clearly those are both wrong.

fsuprime
01-17-2011, 10:45 AM
oh, if anyone wants to sign some non-compete contracts with me for any recruits i am open to do business, lol

psusnoop
01-17-2011, 10:47 AM
Really going to be a battle for recruits, should be interesting to say the least.

fsuprime
01-17-2011, 12:10 PM
the real problem is i need to sign like 15 or 18 guys this year and it is gonna be awfully tough

psusnoop
01-17-2011, 12:21 PM
Anywhere between 12-18 and I'll be good, but with these battles looming I'm scared it's going to be tough.

Papa LoneStar
01-17-2011, 01:17 PM
I feel ya, Prime....I have 23 seniors....I redshirted a senior SS....so I am guaranteed to have 22 leaving and that doesn't count the year 2 recruits who are eligible to chunk the duece :(

gschwendt
01-17-2011, 01:22 PM
I have 17 players guaranteed to leave but the large majority of them are backups. 2015 will be my year of the Senior... I'm not looking forward to that.

psuexv
01-17-2011, 01:38 PM
Losing 14 seniors but I have a feeling I'm going to have a huge list of early enrollees in the draft.

JeffHCross
01-17-2011, 08:20 PM
I think right now I have 15-19 guys in every class at A&M. This is going to be an interesting team to recruit for.

Too bad I can't sign a no compete clause with Papa, :D

psuexv
01-18-2011, 09:12 AM
Ed Frye http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/images/smilies/ESPNU150.png http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/images/smilies/5star.gif
DE #1
6'3"
238lbs
Citrus Heights, CA

Strength - B-
Tackle - B
Power Moves - B
Block Shedding - B-

Top Schools - PSU, Texas

Huge signing on the first day of in season recruiting for the Trojans. Ed is an animal coming off of the edge and has great pursuit skills. He looks to possibly add depth on the defensive line immediately.

fsuprime
01-18-2011, 09:31 AM
[espnu150][4star]DE (#17) Mike Kelley 6'2 232 lbs Barrow, AK
Kelley chose the noles over stanford and comes in at a huge position of need.
SPD B-
ACC C+
STR B-
PWRM C+
FMV B-
BLKSHD C+
PST B-

FSU looks for him to redshirt his first season and then challenge for a starting job.

fsuprime
01-18-2011, 07:50 PM
booo kingpin nabbed that mlb, glad i only spent 20 minutes on him just in case he insta-committed.

fsuprime
01-18-2011, 09:29 PM
wow bama has completed the raping of FSU at the MLB position lol, both of our targets quick commit :L/

fsuprime
01-19-2011, 10:39 PM
[espnu150][4star]SS (#7) Marques Jones 6'3 207lbs Bixby, OK

Jones jumped on an early Seminole offer, the coaches outline a plan for him on an in home visit and explained that he had an excellent shot at PT at two positions, SS or MLB.

spd B
acc B+
agi B-
AWR C+
TKL B-
mcv B-
zcv B-
HPW B-
CTH C+
PST B-
STR C+
BLKDSHD B

with his skills he could be an elite SS or very good MLB depending on exactly where his speed checks in at, his position will also depend on who else the noles sign at LB.

JeffHCross
01-19-2011, 10:48 PM
Awesome ... got a pink diamond on a guy last week, added him to my board, gave him a scholarship offer ... this week I'm N/A on him. That's ... not helpful.

fsuprime
01-19-2011, 10:53 PM
ugh that sucks, ive trimmed my list from 33 to 15 finally, the board is now manageable

gschwendt
01-19-2011, 10:56 PM
Awesome ... got a pink diamond on a guy last week, added him to my board, gave him a scholarship offer ... this week I'm N/A on him. That's ... not helpful.Same thing happened to me in SBCOL during this current offseason... when I added him to my board, I was #8, then fast forward to the next week and I'm N/A and I wasn't able to climb into his Top 10 the last couple of weeks.

ryby6969
01-19-2011, 10:58 PM
Miami snags their first commit of the year and it is a big one.

[espnu150][5star] QB Brady Douglas was so impressed of Miami's victory this past week he signed on the spot.

SPD B
ACC B+
AGL B
TPW B-
TAC C+
BTK C+
CAR B-

He will look to replace All American Antonio Downing who is redshirting this season to make room for Tyler Bray.

psusnoop
01-20-2011, 06:42 AM
Same thing happened to me in SBCOL during this current offseason... when I added him to my board, I was #8, then fast forward to the next week and I'm N/A and I wasn't able to climb into his Top 10 the last couple of weeks.

Jeff and G, for me the key is to remain low key ie...don't give them a scholly till your closer to the top. Just keep talking to them and remain that silent team that he is slowly leaning towards. I've only had 2 pink diamonds that I can remember, 1 I did like Jeff did and offered which didn't work. The other one I just kept feeding him time each week and I slowly moved up on his board. I think I offered once in Top 3.

psusnoop
01-20-2011, 07:05 AM
Penn State picks up their first commit of the season.

[5star] [espnu150] FS Randy Fenton

* Height: 6'2"
* Weight: 212 lbs
* Hometown: Kenner, LA
* Tendency: Hard Hitter
* Offers from: Texas, TCU, USC

Speed A+
Strength B-
Agility B-
Acceleration A-
Tackle B
Hit Power C+
Pursuit B-
Play Recognition C
Man Coverage B-
Zone Coverage B-
Press B-
Catching C-

Randy comes to PSU looking to compete right away for playing time. Randy has tremendous speed which should help PSU's secondary.

Papa LoneStar
01-20-2011, 07:20 AM
Damn....right when I upped his time to 60 minutes :(

I got the #2 CB last night....so that's the #1 and #2 CB....something I was close to doing last year if it wasn't for Prime. My favorite style of defense is coming together....get a lead....man up with deep safety help....and let my front 4 terrorize the QB.

I gotta get the info for my 3 recruits and post 'em....if I'm not playing a game....I seem to hop right into practice mode.

psuexv
01-20-2011, 09:19 AM
USC grabs an instant commit.

Bernard Davis
T #3 http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/images/smilies/ESPNU150.png http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/images/smilies/4star.gif
6'6"
288 lbs
San Gabriel, Ca

Strength - B
Pass Block C+
Run Block - C
Impact Block C+
Speed D+
Acceleration B-

Other offers TCU

Bernard should be able to take full advantage of a redshirt year and work his way into a starter role by his SO or Jr year. Bernard has a good frame and the coaches feel he could carry anther 20 lbs easily.

JeffHCross
01-20-2011, 09:02 PM
Jeff and G, for me the key is to remain low keyFor anybody else on my board, I do that. But I didn't think that was the idea behind the pink diamonds. Plus, somebody had already offered him, so I was just taking a chance.

psuexv
01-21-2011, 08:13 AM
Is anyone getting commits when the week advances? It seems like all of the commits anymore are instants in the week.

fsuprime
01-21-2011, 08:15 AM
yea should be mostly instants until the middle of the season when visits start up, i got the SS mid week

Papa LoneStar
01-21-2011, 10:57 AM
[espnu150] [5star] WR Vince Gunn
5'11" 171
Live Oak, TX
#1 overall, #1 WR
A+: Acceleration
B+: Speed
B: Stamina, Injury
B-: Agility, Jumping, Release
C+: Carrying, Break Tackle
Other Offers: Not sure....instant commit in Week 1

[espnu150] [5star] CB David Brown
6'2" 186
Raymondville, TX
#18 overall, #1 CB
A+: Speed
A: Acceleration
B+: Agility, Zone Coverage, Stamina
B: Man Coverage, Play Recognition, Jumping, Injury
B-: Press Coverage
Other Offers: Not sure....instant commit in Week 1

[espnu150] [5star] CB John Samuel
5'11" 172
Channelview, TX
#19 overall, #2 CB
A: Speed, Acceleration
B+: Zone Coverage, Jumping, Stamina
B: Man Coverage, Press Coverage, Play Recognition, Injury
C+: Agility
Other Offers: TCU, USC

JeffHCross
01-21-2011, 06:41 PM
Is anyone getting commits when the week advances? It seems like all of the commits anymore are instants in the week.As Prime said, it's too early in the season for commitments when the week advances. You pretty much have to be close to the position of a Soft Commit (or have a large lead ... or both) to get a commitment on advance, and since it's only Week 4, none of us are likely to be close to that, unless we hit a lot of X2s.

On that note ... I've hit Pink Diamond for weeks 2-4. That's supposed to be the most rare of all the bonuses. Of course, I told you guys about the first one where I offered him a scholarship and then dropped from his board ... the other two weren't worth adding, unfortunately. Rolled the #1 QB this week, but I'd be wayyyyyyyyyyyy far behind Snoop and I'm pretty sure he's got a pipeline to that state.

fsuprime
01-21-2011, 07:51 PM
yea im pretty sure too, that is why I did not bother.

Im hoping to get a commit from a recruiting visit this weekend, beast juco JR RB who is much in the mold of current starter (and former juco recruit) Joey Taylor.

JeffHCross
01-22-2011, 11:18 PM
Just pitched a recruit on Conference Prestige ... he had it as Very Low and the Pac-10 is a B+.

His reponse: "Man, coach, I guess the Pac-10 does have some advantages for you. You don't have to worry about playing one of those pesky January bowl games."

Hilarious.

psuexv
01-24-2011, 09:20 PM
LOL - wanna talk about all your eggs in one basket. I have 22 kids visiting this weekend against Texas Tech

fsuprime
01-24-2011, 10:32 PM
[espnu150][4star] HB (#9) John Russell 6'3 203 lbs Fort Myers, FL

Big John decided to end the recruiting process early, jumping at the chance to return home to florida after spending 2 years at el camino junior college. He will be a January Enrollee and have the chance to compete for the starting job. The noles are not, however, done recruiting the HB position.

spd B
acc B
agi B
awr B
btk B
CAR B+
trk C
ELU B+
spn B-
JKM B
STAM B

[espnu150][4star]DE (#7) Johnny Quinn 6'2 250 lbs Chicago, IL

Johnny Quinn pledges to the noles during a midweek in home visit from the coaching staff. Quinn is the perfect strong side defensive end candidate for the noles multiple spear defense.

spd B
acc B
agi C+
str B-
TKL C+
pwr B
BLKSHD B
PST B-
HPW C+

FSU is now up to 4 ESPNU 150 recruits.

FSU is hosting Seminole Showtime during week 6 with an estimated 13 top Senior recruits invited as well as over 40 Junior prospects from around the south east....FSU hopes to secure at least 3 more commitments over the weekend.

gschwendt
01-24-2011, 11:44 PM
Chris Berry
#59 OLB | #981 OVR
[3star] JUCO Junior
6'1" 224 lbs
Chico, CA
SPD | AGI | ACC | STR | TKL | HPW | PUR | PRC | MCV | ZCV
B | B- | A+ | C | B- | B- | B | C+ | C | B- With the impending loss of OLB Cedric Chase after this season, Wisconsin needed to find someone who could step onto campus and be ready to contribute if called upon. Berry fits the bill nicely with very good agility for a linebacker and excellent acceleration. That combined with his ability to find the ball, he'll be a great addition. Depending upon the remainder of the class, Berry may redshirt so that he save a year and prepare to start in 2016.

JeffHCross
01-26-2011, 07:36 PM
In recruiting:
Texas - 1
A&M - 0

fsuprime
01-26-2011, 08:46 PM
[espnu150][5star]RB (#1) Brian Wade 6'2 227 lbs, Fayette, AL

Brian chose the Noles over penn st. and in state school Alabama. Coach fsuprime was happy to sting the tide after bama had taken FSU's top TE prospect.

spd B
acc B
agi B+
car C+
trk C+
elu B-

Brian should compete for the starting job right away with recent Juco signee John Russell and current Sophomore Eugene Reed. FSU is done at the RB position as it is 0 for 2 when it has RBs soft committed but visiting another school the week after.

ryby6969
01-26-2011, 10:47 PM
A big screw you snoop for signing that receiver.:mad:

psusnoop
01-27-2011, 06:16 AM
I'm still confused how WVU beat me out for 2 guys.

That DT I was #1 on his board to start season, then last week bumped down to #2 and this week he commits to WVU. Those bastards are cheating and I"m going to figure it out.

*Also next season please add WVU to my schedule. We need to, well let's just say they need a little lesson on repect.

I'm pumped I got that WR. He is slow, but he has solid hands and will fit well into my passing game.

psuexv
01-27-2011, 08:13 AM
James Carlton http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/images/smilies/ESPNU150.png http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/images/smilies/4star.gif
T #2
6'5"
301 lbs
Edmonton, CN

Strength - B-
Pass Block C+
Run Block - C+
Impact Block C+
Speed C
Acceleration

Other offers Alabama
James comes in with a good frame and good footwork and should be able to develop nice skills with a redshirt. Apparently James biggest recruiting was #3 ranked tackle Bernard Davis that already committed to USC. These two are looking to hold down the oline for the next couple of years.

psuexv
01-27-2011, 08:15 AM
The battle for #1 DT Chris Clifford is really heating up. Should be interesting with him visiting the rest of you in the next 3 weeks.

Oneback
01-27-2011, 08:23 AM
The battle for #1 DT Chris Clifford is really heating up. Should be interesting with him visiting the rest of you in the next 3 weeks.

Considering I just got a x2 and have him in for a visit this week, I wouldn't be surprised if he calls Ann Arbor home next season.

psuexv
01-27-2011, 08:24 AM
2x !!!!!! Damnit.

psusnoop
01-27-2011, 09:17 AM
Considering I just got a x2 and have him in for a visit this week, I wouldn't be surprised if he calls Ann Arbor home next season.

Let's hope all my negative recruiting help against Michigan this week. I think I racked up -117 negative points on why not to go to Ann Arbor.

psuexv
01-27-2011, 09:30 AM
Let's hope all my negative recruiting help against Michigan this week. I think I racked up -117 negative points on why not to go to Ann Arbor.

I wonder how the logic actually works cause I racked up I think -70 some with 2 different pitches against Michigan

psusnoop
01-27-2011, 09:45 AM
Hmm I'm not real sure. I'd love to know and test things out on certain things but that is probably more work then I'd like to do.

Knowing you negative pitched Michigan as well, I really hope he doesn't commit this week. I'd be disappointed.

fsuprime
01-27-2011, 11:02 AM
It never helps me but I know texas stole a soft commit rb from me with Neg recruiting

Papa LoneStar
01-27-2011, 11:36 AM
I don't remember that :p

I guess I should've been focusing the negative recruiting on Michigan instead of spreading it out :(

fsuprime
01-27-2011, 12:09 PM
bryson hopkins douche ;)

Papa LoneStar
01-27-2011, 03:54 PM
Ah....the guy is who rated 97 as a junior and still can't start? I think I remember him now :-p

Speaking of that....I haven't seen another super fast RB since so I have been going after power guys.

fsuprime
01-27-2011, 05:00 PM
yea i guess it is a good thing you got him since the other dude is a shadow of his father and made of glass ;)

Papa LoneStar
01-27-2011, 05:40 PM
lol....it pains me that one season has created this horrible perception. Little Earl is a warrior *cough*

psusnoop
01-28-2011, 07:27 AM
WR Curt Goss [5star] [espnu150]

* Height: 6'1"
* Weight: 169 lbs
* Hometown: Converse, TX
* Tendency: Possession
* Top 3 Schools: #1 Penn State, #2 Miami, #3 Texas

Catching C
Spectacular Catch B+
Catch in Traffic C
Route Running C
Release B

Curt is a great signing for PSU. Penn State is looking for Curt to Redshirt this upcoming season and really work on his strength and conditioning.

SS Heath Wagner [5star] [espnu150]

* Height: 6'0"
* Weight: 198 lbs
* Hometown: Pennsauken, NJ
* Top 3 Schools: #1 Penn State, #2 Alabama, #3 Texas

Tackle B+
Hit Power B-
Pursuit B-
Play Recognition C
Speed B+
Man Coverage B
Zone Coverage B-
Press B

Heath comes to PSU in hopes of giving this secondary a big boost. Right now seen as the biggest liability for the Lions, things might be changing with the signings in this class this year.

DE Cedrick Robison [4star] [espnu150]

* Weight: 227 lbs
* Hometown: Evans, GA
* Tendency: Run Stopper
* Top 3 Schools: #1 Penn State, #2 Alabama, #3 Florida State

Tackle B-
Hit Power C+
Pursuit B
Power Moves C
Finesse Moves C+
Block Shedding A-

Cedrick is a great signing for PSU. In an area where graduation will start to show it's effects over the next couple of seasons this was a very nice "get" for the staff. The thing that impressed the staff was his ability to get off of blocks and make plays in the back field. Cedrick just has a knack to get to the ball.

WR Nigel Herron [4star] [espnu150]

* Weight: 218 lbs
* Hometown: Sayville, NY
* Tendency: Balanced
* Top 3 Schools: #1 Penn State, #2 Utah, #3 West Virginia

Catching C
Spectacular Catch B+
Catch in Traffic C+
Route Running C-
Release C+

Nigel seems to fit the prototypical WR here at PSU. Not a burner, yet someone with solid hands that can keep the chains moving. Nigel will also Redshirt this upcoming season.

CB Chad Grant [4star] [espnu150]

* Weight: 185 lbs
* Hometown: Lakeside, VA
* Top 3 Schools: #1 Penn State, #2 Virginia Tech, #3 West Virginia

Play Recognition B-
Man Coverage B+
Zone Coverage B
Press B

Chad was just a surprise commit for PSU. With Vtech leading the way throughout and being the home school it was a shocker that he committed to PSU after a visit. Chad brings some very respectable talents with him to the north, and could challenge the other CB's on the two deep next season.

HB Tyrone Faulk [4star] [espnu150]

* Weight: 213 lbs
* Hometown: Gahanna, OH
* Tendency: Power
* Top 3 Schools: #1 Penn State, #2 Wisconsin, #3 West Virginia

Nothing flashy really to report here, but Tyrone should be a more then serviceable back for PSU. Pending on the rest of the class signings at HB Tyrone may not be able to Redshirt.

Oneback
01-28-2011, 07:45 AM
Nelson Estes - DE [espnu150]
Claiborne, LA
6'5'' 272 LBS
5-Star

Evaluation:

There is plenty to like about Estes as this kid is a talented and disruptive defender who still possesses a frightening amount of upside. He has great size and displays a nice wingspan. Despite already being in that 250 pound range he still has plenty of room to pack on more good bulk with time in a college weight program. He can be quick off the ball, but does need to be more consistent. He will flash real good quickness at times, but can be a beat late at other times in getting off on the ball. While he needs to fine tune his get-off one thing is certain when he does get moving he can cause serious problems. He moves much better then a person of his size should. He has very good speed and can be a factor from the backside and downfield. He also flashes the ability to utilize good angles in pursuit. While he is athletic he displays the ability to play smart. He is not out there just trying to out-athlete everyone and does not just run around wildly. He comes across the line and stays square. Does a solid job of squeezing down and closing daylight and locates the ball well. He moves well laterally and has good reactive athleticism and once he locates the ball he can redirect and close. He is a good wrap-up tackler. While his athleticism is impressive he is also a physical and stout player when taking on blocks. Despite his long frame does a good job of coming out of his stance and keeping solid pad level and being able to generate power from his lower body when engaging a blocker. He is able to take on a block and hold his ground. Displays good raw strength, but one area of his game that needs to improve is in the use of his hands. He has a great reach but needs to utilize it more. He will get hands on, but needs to work on creating better separation so he can more easily and quickly disengage. He has the tools to be a menace as a pass rusher. He flashes the ability to attack the outside shoulder, sink in a rip move, and turn the corner. He moves so quickly that he can make tackles pay if they open up too quickly. Has the power and can generate the leverage to bull rush his way back. Needs to keep developing his pass rush arsenal and working on being violent and consistently active with his weapons. Estes is a fun kid to watch and has the tools to be a hell of a college football player. Has some areas to still improve in which is kind of scary.

Chris Clifford - DT [espnu150]
Buena Vista, MI
6'5'' 268 LBS
5-Star

Evaluation:

Clifford is a prospect capable of being a playmaker at the defensive tackle position. This is not a kid you ask to eat up blocks and clog up a gap, you want to turn him loose and let him be a disruptive presence. The first thing that jumps out at you about him is his get-off. He has very good first step-quickness and is regularly the first guy moving. He is a penetrating defensive tackle. He displays the ability to stay low and get under blockers pads and quickly get by and get into the backfield. He is not lost if he can not just blow by blockers. He is able to take on blocks and hold his ground. He needs to watch his pad level, but will use his hands to engage and shed and displays good strength to hold his ground. He can move laterally and work along the line. He is a good tackler and has a good motor. He will pursue to the ball and will re-direct and retrace and will take solid angles in pursuit. He is an impressive looking kid and carriers his weight well, as he is a tall and athletic looking tackle. He has good speed for his size and can be a factor on the perimeter, but can seem a little rigid on the move at times though. He is dangerous as a pass rusher because of his get-off. Will flash the ability to work a quick swim and is consistently trying to play half-a-man and get-off blocks. He can keep developing his pass rush arsenal, but is an active kid that keeps working to get free and can be tough to handle. Clifford is a player. He looks the part and can cause havoc. Very good defensive tackle prospect.

Mark Bennett - OLB [espnu150]
Colleyville, TX
6'4'' 240 LBS
4-Star

Evaluation:

Bennett shows the playing strength to dominate as a run stopper. Has the size and athleticism for the outside linebacker position at the major level of competition. Displays very good flexibility, agility and balance; does a good job with K&D recognition skills against both the run and pass. Will step up and take on blockers, showing the upper body strength to defeat blockers vs. inside run. Is a tough downhill player with excellent lateral ability; scrapes off the edge with the balance and agility necessary to avoid contact while moving through traffic. This guy plays under control, is balanced up and explosive at the point of attack; demonstrates the toughness to make big plays in goal line and short yardage situations. Flashes good coverage awareness; quick to locate underneath receivers with eyes on the QB; displays good plant and break on the ball. Also shows excellent potential rushing the pass; possesses very good closing burst off the edge when the QB breaks containment. This guy tackles with authority; will wrap, roll his hips and drive through the ball carrier. Is a punishing, knock'em back tackler with one arm potential. We see a prospect with an outstanding motor capable of making momentum changing plays from any spot on the field. There is the potential for excellent production on special teams. Bennett may not be an immediate starter at the major level of competition however early playing time is a very good possibility if a red shirt year is not deemed necessary.

Bryan Nelson - OT [espnu150]
Northbrook, OH
6'5'' 290 LBS
4-Star

Evaluation:

As a run blocker, when Nelson clamps down on a defender it's usually all over. Although this player currently lacks the great size we like to see for the tackle position at the major level of competition, he more than makes up for it with run blocking ability. Shows very good flexibility in a three point stance; comes off the ball with good technique, a measured 1st step and fit, flat back / pad level, good base and leg drive which consistently allows him to walk defenders off the line of scrimmage. Although mostly a strong finisher, there are more opportunities for pancake blocks vs. both 1st and 2nd level defenders; displays the foot quickness and balance to play in space vs. linebackers. His quick set ability can improve but we do see the flexibility and foot quickness which allows him to bend, slide his feet and play flat footed. This guy puts very good arm length and quick hands to his advantage; plays with advanced initial punch, placement and extension; most often can keep defenders off his body. Will need to improve his upper body playing strength vs. the bull rush however we see the lower body strength to play stout. This is a tough guy who can dominate opponents when he puts his mind to it; when finishing blocks a little bit more of a mean streak would serve him well. Nelson possesses the necessary skills for the tackle position; a growth spurt with added bulk will be of great benefit. His ability could allow for early playing time while his physical and technical skills improve.

Sean Little - OC
Naples, FL
6'2'' 285 LBS
4-Star

Evaluation:

Little is a very good technician with the playing strength to become a dominant player as his career develops. Possesses the size and athleticism we like to see for the center's position at the major level of competition. Does a good job as a defensive tackle showing the playing strength necessary to hold the point of attack with good R&R skills; is active in pursuit able to make plays down the line on scrimmage. Displays good flexibility when snapping the ball; works well with the QB up underneath and with consistency from the shotgun set. We see a blocker capable of coming off the ball with good initial quickness and a flat back, flashes explosion with good fit, base and leg drive; gets movement off the L.O.S. when covered. Is able to backside block effectively and front side reach when shaded. This prospect is a very good zone blocker; works well to the 2nd level and is capable of gaining position on linebackers; plays on his feet well in space. Presently we see a player with the ability to make all the necessary run blocks at this stage of his development. Demonstrates very good toughness in pass protection; has good short set quickness; shows good immediate bend and quick long arms. His initial punch, location and extension are advanced; plays stout against the bull rush with effectiveness and is not easily overpowered. Shows the skill to slide and play flat footed, keeping himself in front of the rusher. Although Little may not be an immediate starter at the major level of competition, the tough, finishing attitude displayed leads us to believe this player will have a long and productive career.

Brian Johnson - K
St. Louis Hright, HI
6'0'' 209 LBS
3-Star

Evaluation:

Johnson is a competitive athlete. He loves the pressure of kicking and he delivered in a big way at Kohl's National Scholarship Camp. He gets tremendous lift and a clean rotation on his FG's. Johnson's Kick Offs normally hang in the air for 4-4.1 seconds and consistently travel 70 yards. His punts are solid as well. He has an ability to hit a consistent spiral and should be able to punt at some point in college. Johnson is as mentally tough as any high school kicker in the last 2-3 years. He should be able to play immediately as a true freshman in college. He was selected to play in the Under Armour All-American Game.

psuexv
01-28-2011, 08:07 AM
Tramaine Roberts http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/images/smilies/ESPNU150.png http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/images/smilies/5star.gif
ATH #1
6'2"
187lbs
Parkway, CA

Speed - A
Man Coverage - B+
Zone Coverage - B
Press - C
Tackle - D
Hit Power B

USC is happy to welcome Tramaine to campus. He's got great reaction times and has a very quick first step. He will probably use a redshirt year to try out a couple of different positions in the secondary but will probably settle on cornerback with his man coverage skills.
Other offers - Texas

Quinton Handy http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/images/smilies/ESPNU150.png http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/images/smilies/4star.gif
SS #13
5'11"
174 lbs
Apple Valley, CA

Speed - C
Man Coverage - B-
Zone Coverage - B+
Press - B-
Tackle - C
Hit Power A-

Quinton is a little bit of a surprise package. He's a little small for a safety and doesn't quite have the speed for cornerback. But what Quinton does bring is pure knock out power. One of the hardest hitters that we've seen in a long time he should fit into the defense scheme very nicely and will be let loose in the secondary to mainly focus on wrapping people up

Papa LoneStar
01-28-2011, 09:38 AM
Seeing all these familiar names just puts pain in my heart....I need to get my ish together

fsuprime
01-28-2011, 10:07 AM
lol psuevx, C speed! are you moving him to DE?

psuexv
01-28-2011, 10:11 AM
lol psuevx, C speed! are you moving him to DE?

Yeah he's a depth chart filler for sure.

fsuprime
01-28-2011, 10:15 AM
[3star] FB (#1) Bo Wright 6'2 256 lbs, League City, TX

Bo was a late addition to the recruiting board for FSU, FSU coaches thought he would surely wind up at Texas but after week 3 they put the full court press on him offering him a chance to play right away at the FB position. He chose FSU over OU and USC

spd C-
acc A
car B-
str C
trk C
RB c-
PB C-
rbs B-
rbf B-
pbf C+

[espnu150][4star] MLB (#8) Justin Sanders 6'2 238 lbs, Monterey Park, CA

Just comes in at a big position of need, not for a starter but a quality back up. He possesses great speed and acceleration for the MLB position but needs to work on wrapping up the ball carrier before he sees the field, a redshirt season is likely.

spd B-
acc B+
tkl C
prc C
blkshd C+
pst C+
zcv C
str B-

[espnu150][4star]HB(#11) Ray Cooper 5'10 192 lbs, Springhill, LA

Ray Cooper is a juco Sophomore who caught recruiting services off guard by completing his AA degree in just 1 year. FSU coaches pegged him as the top RB in the nation on their board even ahead of espnu150 #1 RB Brian Wade. He will come in at compete for immediate playing time with Juco JR 'Big' John Russell and Wade, as well as current RB Eugene Reed.
Cooper chose FSU over Michigan
spd B
acc B+
agi B
car B-
truck B
elu C+
str B-
cth C-
jkm B
mcv C

JeffHCross
01-28-2011, 08:20 PM
I hate you all.

JeffHCross
01-28-2011, 09:03 PM
Sorry boys, all this snow's got me off my game:
Week 8 - Top 25
#3 Penn State
#6 Florida State
#7 Michigan
#8 Virginia Tech
#9 USC
#10 Texas http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/13.gif http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/13.gif http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/13.gif
#19 Miami

Side note - Man do I love Ohio State's class right now. Four defensive linemen, an MLB, and a strong safety. All [4star]

Iron Dragon
01-28-2011, 11:23 PM
I've got no commits at this point, waiting for mutiple still like the nation's #2 QB, #1 C, #1 P etc.. which are all softs (the #2 QB & #1 C originally looked like they were headed to TCU but we stepped in the way).

RcSinger
01-29-2011, 07:52 AM
I don't think I have had a single 5* recruit even been interested in my program all year. Lots of 4*'s (that I end up fighting you guys for) and 3*'s. But I look up and see you guys signing 5*'s all season. Must be nice. ;)

RcSinger
01-29-2011, 07:53 AM
I've got no commits at this point, waiting for mutiple still like the nation's #2 QB, #1 C, #1 P etc.. which are all softs (the #2 QB & #1 C originally looked like they were headed to TCU but we stepped in the way).

I hit 4 Insta-commits on week 1. Never happened before, but for some reason I had a ton of recruits this year interested in VT. Weird, because I lost my bowl game to a mediocre team.

Oneback
01-31-2011, 11:04 AM
Michigan signs three more:

Mark Jack - QB [espnu150]
Ecorse, MI
6'7'' 246 LBS
5-Star

Evaluation:

Jack is a big, physical pocket passer with great size and arm strength. He reminds us of former Michigan QB John Navarre in terms of build and physical tools. He can make any throw and has a quick release. Shows great zip on the deep out, shows touch on the vertical ball and does an outstanding job of leading his receivers on crossing routes. Is tough in the pocket, will take some hits and will continue to step into his throws. He does a nice job selling fakes, and he's one of the more accurate passers in this class when he has time to throw. He has the ability to adjust his ball speed and throws a catchable short-to-intermediate ball, but he can really unleash it when he has to. Although he is a pocket passer, he can operate in a wide-open attack featuring the quick passing game or be just as productive in a five-to-seven-step drop passing game predicated on play action. Considering his size, he shows a smooth drop and set up although his footwork can be inconsistent. As mentioned above, his release is quick, but his delivery changes depending on the throw. He has a tendency to lower his elbow and become a sidearm passer, which isn't too concerning considering how tall he is. He's one of the few quarterbacks in this class who can probably single-handedly beat you with his arm, but he's also one of the few quarterbacks who will struggle to buy a lot of second chance opportunities with his feet. Puts too much air under the deep ball and needs to add more zip and power when driving the ball downfield. When he throws on time, he is extremely productive, can fit the ball into tight spots and is very confident in his ability to lead a team. He is very experienced and has been a varsity starter for several years at a very high level.

Brett Williams - OG
Anaheim, CA
6'6'' 306 LBS
4-Star

Evaluation:

Williams is a very solid run blocker capable of dominating his present level of competition. Although he plays tackle, his size and athleticism are better suited for the offensive guard position at the major level of play. Has very good flexibility and initial quickness coming off the ball. His initial fit and pad level are what we like to see in a drive blocker; does a good job getting movement off the line of scrimmage with the base and leg drive necessary to finish blocks. Displays the foot quickness to get a hat on active 1st and 2nd level defenders; plays on his feet well in space while demonstrating good pull / trap technique; can kick out or seal inside with tough finishing results. This prospect shows the playing strength and athleticism to make all the blocks at the next level of play. Flashes the short set ability necessary for the guard position; demonstrates he can handle quickness in a reduced area; can bend but must improve his ability to slide and play flat footed; if this is accomplished we see a guy capable of helping outside the center / guard box. His initial punch, location and extension will need refinement. This guy plays with the aggressive attitude we like to see from offensive linemen. Although Williams possesses the athleticism and toughness we like to see, it appears he would not step on the field as an immediate starter at the major level of competition. Instead a red shirt year might be necessary to polish his skills before seeing meaningful playing time.

Clifford Mangum - CB
San Jose, CA
6'1'' 186 LBS
3-Star

Evaluation:

There is no doubt about the fact that Mangum is a great athlete with excellent speed, the question on where he plays is a good debate. A tall, lean and high-cut safety lacking great physicality in the box and transitional skills if employed truly at corner. Still is a scheme versatile defensive back with great body length, range and ball skills. Supreme blend of speed and athleticism. Covers a lot of ground on both run and pass support with direct angles to the ball. Flashes great acceleration and long-speed. Capable of tracking ball carriers down when out of position. Shows good deep coverage awareness skills and will go up and get the football. Can get off the hash and certainly cover his half of the field as a deep Cover 2 defender. Overall is fluid through the hips and quick out of his breaks. However, when employed in the box he tends to lunge as a tackler and while he diagnosis quickly and pursues with sharp angles running the alley, he doesn't bring the wood like you want to see and lacks great physicality at the point of attack. Could have trouble getting over the trash at the next level and holding is base in the box. Overall, Mangum is one of the faster defensive backs in this class and will likely start his career off at corner; will need some technique polish but his height and speed on the perimeter is coveted.

gschwendt
01-31-2011, 11:29 AM
Maurice Meeks
#1 OLB | #96 OVR
[4star] [espnu150]
6'4" 220 lbs
West Bloomfield, MI
SPD | AGI | STR | TKL | HPW | PUR | PRC | MCV | ZCV
B- | D | B- | B | B- | C | B- | C | C+
Anytime you can sign the #1 player at a position, you go for it. Meeks is certainly no exception as Linebacker was a big need for the Badgers not necessarily for next season but rather for the future. Meeks will likely move to Middle Linebacker and should fit in nicely.

Patrick Allen
#26 WR | #187 OVR
[4star]
5'11" 166 lbs
Lake Forest, IL
SPD | AGI | CTH | RTE | CIT | SPC | JMP | REL | BTK
A | C- | C- | C+ | C- | C | B- | C | B-
With the loss of WR Justin Payne after this current season, Wisconsin was needing to find a target that could make plays down the field. While the Badgers already have two speed WRs, their catching abilities leave a bit left to be desired and Allen should be able to fill that gap. Additionally, he adds an ability to break away from tacklers to pick up extra yards after the catch.

Kenny Quinn
#3 DE | #32 OVR
[4star] [espnu150]
6'2" 253 lbs
Coffeyville, KS
SPD | STR | PMV | FMV | PUR | BSH | TKL | HPW
C | B- | B | B+ | B+ | B | C+ | C+
Quinn comes in with his skills already developed and ready to see the field. He'll likely be moving over to Defensive Tackle with plans of him being anchor of the defensive line in 2016.

Papa LoneStar
01-31-2011, 05:05 PM
The Longhorns add 5 recruits....

[espnu150] [5star] TE Joe Roberts
6'7" 225
Marshall, MI
#2 overall, #1 TE
B: Agility, Stamina, Injury
B-: Speed, Catching, Run Block Footwork, Pass Block Strength
C+: Acceleration, Run Block, Run Block Strength, Pass Block Footwork
Other Offers: N/A

[espnu150] [5star] T Brent Brown
6'6" 280
Washington Ter, UT
#14 overall, #1 T
B: Run Block Footwork, Pass Block Strength
B-: Strength, Run Block Strength, Pass Block Footwork, Injury
C+: Pass Block, Run Block, Impact Blocking
Other Offers: Alabama, USC

[espnu150] [4star] QB Devon Cronin
6'3" 180
Mount Pleasant, TX
#38 overall, #5 QB
A: Throwing Power
B-: Throwing Accuracy, Acceleration
Other Offers: Aggy

[espnu150] [4star] G Ryan Poland
6'4" 327
Tallmadge, OH
#51 overall, #4 G
A+: Acceleration
B+: Strength
B: Pass Block, Pass Block Footwork/Strength
B-: Agility, Injury
C+: Run Block, Impact Blocking
Other Offers: Western Kentucky

[espnu150] [4star] C Kevin Roberts
6'1" 301
Balch Springs, TX
#521 overall, #18 C
B-: Pass/Run Block, Injury
C+: Strength
Other Offers: Boise State, Texas Tech

JeffHCross
01-31-2011, 05:14 PM
Other Offers: AggyRevisionist history! He had no offer from A&M when he committed :D

JeffHCross
01-31-2011, 07:46 PM
Aggies so far:
Matt Stanley, #5 HB / #43 OVR, [4star], [espnu150]
Calvin Miller, #19 DE, [4star]
Blake Clayton, #21 DE, [4star]
Terrence Brown, #12 T, [4star]
Bobby Brown, #9 C, [3star]
Tyler Smith, #12 C, [3star]
Lawrence Mosley, #39 OLB, [3star]

fsuprime
01-31-2011, 07:48 PM
you haven't signed that QB yet?

ryby6969
01-31-2011, 07:49 PM
I have so much work to do on this roster the next 2 years. I am losing like 45 guys in the next 2 years. :( I could be a rough next few years in Coral Gables.

JeffHCross
01-31-2011, 07:49 PM
you haven't signed that QB yet?What QB? The one Papa stole?

fsuprime
01-31-2011, 07:50 PM
im terribly sad about you losing 4 of the 5 starting OL ;)

fsuprime
01-31-2011, 07:50 PM
What QB? The one Papa stole?

hmmm i didn't know that, figured you would have had him on instant commit. yea papa is a dick.

JeffHCross
01-31-2011, 07:54 PM
hmmm i didn't know that

[espnu150] [4star] QB Devon Cronin
6'3" 180
Mount Pleasant, TX
#38 overall, #5 QB
A: Throwing Power
B-: Throwing Accuracy, Acceleration
Other Offers: Aggy

, figured you would have had him on instant commit.
Yeah ... that's what I was hoping for, but apparently Papa needed an elite QB to have for his 4th string. Gotta make sure those clipboards are held properly. Once Papa started going after him, it was just a matter of time. My lead went from 160 to 1 in two weeks.

Also, Snoop, Oneback, G ... have fun against Ohio State. 8 [4star] defensive players so far this year, including 2 DTs and 3 DEs.

ryby6969
01-31-2011, 07:58 PM
im terribly sad about you losing 4 of the 5 starting OL ;)

And both 90+ rated HB's along with my top CB, FS, and DT. Next year will be even worse. Luckily I signed the #2 rated RB this past week.

fsuprime
01-31-2011, 08:13 PM
ugh lol, didn't know both those HBs were playing, figured you redshirted one of them...good luck, even with #2 RB it will be a big drop off until he goes through 2 years of progression or so.

Papa LoneStar
01-31-2011, 10:11 PM
I believe McDaniel won't be here for his 5th year....and that QB has an elite arm that could be my 3rd string behind a senior and sophomore if McDaniel heads to the NFL. I learned the hard way....I don't want a freshman or sophomore QB heading into LA, Eugune, or College Station.

After a few offseasons....that B- accuracy could be in the low 90s along with a potentially 99 throwing power.

I also learned the hard way the past couple seaons that I need to take care of home and stop trying to chase after these out-of-staters.

JeffHCross
01-31-2011, 10:16 PM
I believe McDaniel won't be here for his 5th year....and that QB has an elite arm that could be my 3rd string behind a senior and sophomore if McDaniel heads to the NFL. I learned the hard way....I don't want a freshman or sophomore QB heading into LA, Eugune, or College Station.Your rational is sound ... but I don't care.

I still say it's to hold the clipboard :P

Papa LoneStar
01-31-2011, 11:27 PM
Ha....I really want an elite dual threat guy to run the option with....I have been searching for even a 3* guy to just redshirt and develop, but they aren't interested in coming to Austin :(

fsuprime
02-01-2011, 12:43 AM
it would be funny for papa to have to recruit with arkansas in ncaaa 12, i think everyone would laugh.

Iron Dragon
02-01-2011, 10:19 AM
[espnu150][5star] QB Lee Williams
#2 QB, #17 overall prospect
Forest Hill, TX
6'2", 192lbs

Commited to Oklahoma over TCU and Boise State.

Williams is a pocket passer QB who draws comparisons to Heisman winner Sam Bradford. Williams has a cannon for an arm with B+ THP and B THA.

gschwendt
02-01-2011, 06:43 PM
Stephen Robinson
#6 T | #48 OVR
[4star] [espnu150]
6'6" 279 lbs
Menasha, WI
SPD | STR | RBK | RBS | RBF | PBK | PBS | PBF | IBL
D | B | C+ | B- | B | C+ | C+ | B | C-
Robinson will likely move to Guard to provide depth for next season and build for the future.

Oneback
02-01-2011, 08:02 PM
Michigan lands another corner:

Joel Bush - CB
Redondo Beach, CA
6'0'' 194 LBS
3-Star

Evaluation:

Bush is an intriguing cornerback prospect with good size and athleticism that project well as an overall defensive back at the college level. Tall, long and rangy; may actually make the move to safety if he continues to physically develop. On the perimeter he shows flashes of good cover corner skills, particularly when deployed in press-man and bump and run coverages where he can utilize his good arm length. Does a good job rerouting and impeding the receiver's release off the line. Shows good quickness out of his breaks and flashes of smooth footwork and turns for a corner with his height. Mirrors receivers tightly and shows he can stick to the hip and defend the ball with his play-side hand. Provides favorable matchups on the jump-ball with his height, sound tracking skills and overall athleticism. Adjusts his body well to the throw. Competes and does a good job staying between the ball and receiver. Ball skills are marginal. Shows good underneath range on perimeter run and pass support with his long stride and reach as a tackler. While overall fluid for a taller corner and flexible through the hips, his transitional skills are a weaker area. Shows some wasted motion coming out of his pedal and can be rigid. Lacks great explosion and plant and drive skill breaking underneath. Quick with good range but feel his top-end speed will be challenged vertically. Footwork needs some polish as a pure lockdown; can get turned and feel he will need over the top help at the major college level. Aggressive, closes hard and makes solid contact as a tackler but has a narrow base with marginal power through his hips to project high as a true safety at this time. Overall, Bush is still a scheme versatile defensive back who could play corner (preferably underneath, Nickel or develop into a safety in the right defense. Not an immediate impact type of defender but will be attractable as a prospect with the natural tools he has to develop.

psuexv
02-01-2011, 08:32 PM
Josh Smith
MLB #10 http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/images/smilies/4star.gif
6'0"
243 lbs
Bakersfield, Ca

Speed B
Tackle B-
Man Coverage C
Zone Coverage D

Josh comes in as a Linebacker that could fit in right away with the Trojans. He's got good speed and coverage skills and recognizes plays very well. Maybe one of the best in this years recruiting class. He also uses his 243 lbs to get off of blocks well. He should be able to use a redshirt year to work on a few things and ready to contribute by his sophomore year.

Oneback
02-01-2011, 08:34 PM
I know who I am targeting in zone coverage, D zone rating, ouch!

psuexv
02-01-2011, 08:49 PM
I know who I am targeting in zone coverage, D zone rating, ouch!

LOL - we don't play zone at USC. He'll be a straight up blitzer.

Papa LoneStar
02-01-2011, 09:23 PM
it would be funny for papa to have to recruit with arkansas in ncaaa 12, i think everyone would laugh.

I look forward to it....hopefully I won't get strong-armed off the Razorbacks ;)

psusnoop
02-02-2011, 07:43 AM
[4star] [espnu150] MLB Rob Tucker
* Height: 5'11"
* Weight: 227 lbs
* Hometown: Olympia, WA
* Top 3 Schools: #1 Penn State, #2 Oklahoma, #3 Alabama

Tackle B
Hit Power C+
Pursuit B
Play Recognition C-
Man Coverage C-
Zone Coverage C-

Rob is coming into PSU with good upside with his instincts but he is really lacking in the pass coverage area. The hope is to get him in early and Redshirt him and have him basically sit back and really learn his responsibilities as a MLB. Rob comes from a high school were they ran the ball basically so there will be a transition once he arrives on campus.

[5star] [espnu150] QB Antonio Smith
* Height: 6'4"
* Weight: 209 lbs
* Hometown: West Orange, NJ
* Top 3 Schools: #1 Penn State, #2 Florida State, #3 Texas

Throw Power B
Throw Accuracy B

Antonio will redshirt this upcoming season for PSU. When asked about coming to PSU with a class of 2SR's, 2JR's, and 2 FR that are redshirting, Smith was quick to let everyone know, he came to PSU to compete and win the starting job right from the start. He hopes to impress the staff enough in the preseason to avoid a RS but is fine if that happens as well.

RcSinger
02-02-2011, 08:04 AM
I have had the best recruiting year this year I have ever had in any dynasty I have ever played. While this year has been strange with a very large number of recruits interested in VT, I changed up my strategy a little bit too. On week 1, I only put 10 prospects on my board, one or two of whatever position I need. In years past, I would need 1 or 2 positions and struggle to get them. This year, I needed 6 positions and have managed to land them all by week 8.

What I have done is as I said, I started with 10 players on the board and spent 1 hour on each of them. I hit several insta-commits on week one, so I added some more. Once I started getting a big lead against the players #2, I started adding positions not on my team needs page, but rather positions that I feel are key to have depth in and to improve the talent at certain positions. I skipped recruiting several weeks for some 4*, #1 interest guys because I had such a big lead and spent more time on those who I had just added. I only really had to fight 2 of you for recruits all year, Oklahoma lost a 4* to me while we fought for 1 point difference for a few weeks and I lost one to Penn St under the same situation (I think they were both 4* SS).

At this point I have hit a delimna, I only have 9 scholly's left and I expect to pick up 11 other guys. IDK who to remove from the board, even though I think I am going to have to cut some of the guys that I recruited. It's awesome and frustrating at the same time.

Are there any specific recruiting strategies that you guys use?

ryby6969
02-03-2011, 11:44 AM
Here is a look at the Hurricane's recruiting class so far this season.

Brady Douglas

QB [5star][espnu150]
6'5" 237lbs
Fenton, MI

Speed- B
Agility- B
Throw Power- B-
Throw Accurracy- C+

Brady looks to come in and redshirt to work on his accuracy and hopes to push for a starting roll in a few years.

Matt Foster
FB [2star]
6'2" 212lbs
Kilgore, TX

Speed- B
Carry- C+
Pass Block- C-
Run Block- C
Catch- C

Matt comes in to fill a position of need and could be an added receiving threat out of the backfield with his speed and catching ability.

Harrison Rivas
TE [4star][espnu150]
6'5" 245lbs
Spring Hill, Fl

Speed- B-
Catch- B-
Pass Block- C-
Run Block- C

Harrison will provide some much needed depth at the TE position and looks to be a receiving threat in certain formations. He will need to work on his blocking abilities, but should turn out to be a good one for the Canes for years to come.

Stacy Keith
OT [4star][espnu150]
6'5" 287lbs
St. Cloud, Fl

Pass Block- C+
Run Block- C
Strength- C+

Stacy comes in looking to redshirt and perfect his craft. He has the frame to put on about 25lbs and the coaching staff is hoping he will be the future blindside protector of Douglas.

Eric Allen

WR [4star][espnu150]
6'1" 163lbs
Scottsboro, Al

Speed- B+
Catch- C-
Spectacular Catch- B-
Route Running- C

Eric will look to add some muscle in the offseason and work on his ball skills.

John Richardson
HB [4star][espnu150]
6'0" 180lbs
Adamsville, Al

Speed- B+
Agility- C+
Acceleration- B-
Break Tackle- B

John will look to come in and be a situation back in his first year and take over the roll of feature back in year two.

Tim White
SS [3star]
6'1" 202lbs
Winter Haven, Fl

Speed- B
Tackle- C+
Hit Power- C
Zone Coverage- C+

Tim may be moved to OLB if he can put on some weight in the offseason otherwise he will redshirt to work on his coverage skills.

Kawika Williams
T [4star][espnu150]
6'1" 306lbs
Royal Pines, NC

Strength- C+
Run Block- C
Pass Block- C+

Coaches are thinking Kawika may be suited to play inside at guard with his lack of height. Guard is a position of need so it may be a perfect match.

Clay Brewer
G [4star][espnu150]
6'3" 302lbs
Marietta, Ga

Strength- B-
Pass Block- C+
Run Block- B+

Coaches considered Clay the best interior lineman in the class even though he is a JUCO(soph). He looks to start from day one with 4 of the 5 starters on the O-line leaving after the season.

Adam Maxwell
C [4star][espnu150]
6'0" 275lbs
Brownsville, LA

Strength- C
Pass Block- B-
Run Block- B-

Adam is another recruit that joined the Canes because of his opportunity to play right away. O-line was a major position of need and the coaching staff came up big this season.

Adam McLaurin
OLB [3star]
6'4" 200lbs
Lochearn, MD

Speed- B
Tackle- C+
Block Shedding- B-
Pursuit- B

Adam is the latest to sign and is at a position that needs some serious depth. He has the play making ability the coaching staff covets in the OLB position.

psuexv
02-03-2011, 12:05 PM
I have had the best recruiting year this year I have ever had in any dynasty I have ever played. While this year has been strange with a very large number of recruits interested in VT, I changed up my strategy a little bit too. On week 1, I only put 10 prospects on my board, one or two of whatever position I need. In years past, I would need 1 or 2 positions and struggle to get them. This year, I needed 6 positions and have managed to land them all by week 8.

What I have done is as I said, I started with 10 players on the board and spent 1 hour on each of them. I hit several insta-commits on week one, so I added some more. Once I started getting a big lead against the players #2, I started adding positions not on my team needs page, but rather positions that I feel are key to have depth in and to improve the talent at certain positions. I skipped recruiting several weeks for some 4*, #1 interest guys because I had such a big lead and spent more time on those who I had just added. I only really had to fight 2 of you for recruits all year, Oklahoma lost a 4* to me while we fought for 1 point difference for a few weeks and I lost one to Penn St under the same situation (I think they were both 4* SS).

At this point I have hit a delimna, I only have 9 scholly's left and I expect to pick up 11 other guys. IDK who to remove from the board, even though I think I am going to have to cut some of the guys that I recruited. It's awesome and frustrating at the same time.

Are there any specific recruiting strategies that you guys use?

I can honestly say that I've never come close to filling my schollie limit. Of course I never usually have more the 67, 68 on my roster. I tend to focus on a core group of players usually around 15. I'll fill my board with 35 but usually never get to the bottom guys unless I land a bunch early.

ryby6969
02-03-2011, 12:28 PM
I only put between 10-15 on my board so I don't miss any X2's. It really depends on the recruiting class on how many people I put on my board. If it is a really good class and I have quite a few guys interested, I will put a few more on my board.

Oneback
02-03-2011, 02:42 PM
I only hope to land around 15 players a year, with a reshirt year that will give me a rolling 75 if everyone stays for 5 years.

fsuprime
02-03-2011, 03:26 PM
yep, im on the oneback plan, i suffered through my big loss of seniors this year so it should normal out

RcSinger
02-03-2011, 06:49 PM
Quarterback
Name POS CAL TYP SPD ACC AGI AWR THP THA BTK ELU TRK CAR STA INJ
D Johnson QB 4* BAL D+ D+ D+ D- B B- D D D- D- B- B

HalfBack
Name POS CAL TYP SPD STR AGI ACC AWR BKT TRK ELU BCV SFA SPM JKM CAR CTH RTE IBL RBK PBK STA INJ
R Bolen HB 4* BAL C+ C- A B D D+ C+ C- C+ B- B C C D C- D- D- D- B+ B

FullBack
Name POS CAL TYP SPD STR AGI ACC AWR BKT TRK BCV SFA CAR CTH PBK RBK IBL RBS RBF PBS PBF STA INJ
J Grant FB 1* BLK B- C+ D B- D C B- D+ C C C- C- C C+ C C- C- C- B- B-

Wide Reciever
Name POS CAL TYP SPD AGI ACC AWR BKT ELU SFA SPM JKM CAR CTH SPC CIT RTE JMP RLS STA INJ
I Smith WR 4* BAL B B B+ D- C+ D- D- D- D- B- CTH B+ B- C B- C+ B- B

Offensive Line
Name POS CAL TYP SPD STR AGI ACC AWR PBK RBK IBL RBS RBF PBS PBF STA INJ
Eddie Nelson T 3* BAL D+ C+ D A+ D+ C- C C+ B- C B- C- D+ C
J Barber G 3* RBK C B- D- B+ D+ C C+ C- B- B- B- D C- B
W Johnson C 3* BAL D- D A D- C+ C+ C C+ C C+ D D D
P Johnson G 3* RBK D- C+ D- B+ D+ C C+ C+ D+ D C C+ D- C+

Defensive Line
Name POS CAL TYP SPD STR AGI ACC AWR JMP TAK POW PMV FMV BSH PUR MCV ZCV STA INJ
B White DT 3* BAL D C+ D- D D- D C D C C C C- D- C- B-
P Campbell DE 4* RUN C B D C- D- C- C C C+ C B- B- D- C B-
S McDaniel DE 4* RUN B- B- D- C+ D- C C+ C C C- B- B D- C+ B
B Smith DT 3* PASS D- C D D+ D- D- D+ C+ D D- C- D D- C+ C+

Corners
Name POS TYP CAL SPD STR AGI ACC AWR CTH JMP TAK POW PUR PRC MCV ZCV PRS BSH STA INJ
A Wilkinson CB BAL 4* A- D- D- B- D- D B+ C- D C B+ B B- C+ D- B+ B+

Safties
Name POS TYP CAL SPD STR AGI ACC AWR CTH JMP TAK POW BSH PUR PRC MCV ZCV PRS STA INJ
J Green FS H.H. 4* B+ C+ C+ B+ D- C C- B+ B C+ B D B D C B B
L Whitaker SS H.H. 4* C+ C- B- C+ D- C C+ C+ B C+ B C- C+ B- C+ B- B

Kicking
Name TYP POS CAL SPD STR AGI ACC AWR THP THA KPW KAC STA INJ
T Porter ACT K 3* C D- C- C D+ D D- C C+ B+ C

14 Seniors leaving, 8 of them starters, and 4 of those on the o line. I expect to lose some juniors as well, however I look to score several more 4*'s and I believe I will actually land 25 scholly's this season. Gonna be tough come cut players time.

JeffHCross
02-04-2011, 08:54 PM
When asked about coming to PSU with a class of 2SR's, 2JR's, and 2 FR that are redshirting, Smith was quick to let everyone know, he came to PSU to compete was an idiot for not considering Texas A&MFixed.

gschwendt
02-04-2011, 10:37 PM
Pierre Nelson
#13 FB | #2249 OVR
[1star]
6'3" 227 lbs
Marshall, MO
SPD | STR | AGI | BTK | TRK | RBS | RBF | PBS | PBF
C+ | C+ | D | B- | C+ | C- | C | D+ | D

psuexv
02-04-2011, 10:58 PM
Matt Schmidt http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/images/smilies/4star.gif http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/images/smilies/ESPNU150.png
DE #4
6'3"
234 lbs
Santa Cruz, CA

Strength - C
Tackle - C
Power Moves - B+
Block Shedding - B

Other offers - Alabama

Samuel Brothers http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/images/smilies/4star.gif http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/images/smilies/ESPNU150.png
SS #8
6'1"
195 lbs
El Cajon, Ca

Speed - B-
Man Coverage - B
Zone Coverage - B
Press - B-
Tackle - C
Hit Power B

Other offers - Stanford, Alabama

Aaron Wheeler http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/images/smilies/4star.gif http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/images/smilies/ESPNU150.png
OLB #2
6'3"
249 lbs
La Verne, CA

Speed B
Tackle B
Man Coverage C-
Zone Coverage C-

JeffHCross
02-05-2011, 09:53 AM
More new Aggies:
Bill Shaw, #6 FS / #136 OVR, [4star], [espnu150]
Nick "Russ" Kiniry, #8 ATH / #149 OVR, [4star], [espnu150] -- Chose A&M over Oklahoma
Antonio McNair, #15 HB, [4star]
Bryan Smith, #28 WR, [4star]
Clinton McMillan, #50 QB, [3star]
Ryan Anderson, #45 CB, [3star]
Steve Brock, #49 CB, [3star]

JeffHCross
02-05-2011, 09:56 AM
Week 8 - Top 25
#3 Penn State
#6 Florida State
#7 Michigan
#8 Virginia Tech
#9 USC
#10 Texas http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/13.gif http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/13.gif http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/13.gif
#19 Miami
Week 11 Top 25 Update -- Lots of shakeup this week
#2 Penn State
#4 Virginia Tech
#5 Texas
#6 Michigan
#7 USC
#8 Texas A&M
#10 Miami
#11 Florida State

JeffHCross
02-05-2011, 10:00 AM
On another note, the A&M coaching staff is rather annoyed that Rivals.com is reporting that the Penn State coaching staff is no longer ignoring JUCO stud Nick Jefferson (G #23). His ridiculously incredible blocking skills would have looked really good in maroon and white.

gschwendt
02-05-2011, 10:25 AM
On another note, the A&M coaching staff is rather annoyed that Rivals.com is reporting that the Penn State coaching staff is no longer ignoring JUCO stud Nick Jefferson (G #23). His ridiculously incredible blocking skills would have looked really good in maroon and white.I'm annoyed because every diamond that I find I spend weeks on only to have one of my rivals appear in his top 5 before I even appear in his top 10 :/

RcSinger
02-05-2011, 10:13 PM
Picked up another 4* HB
Name POS CAL TYP SPD STR AGI ACC AWR BKT TRK ELU BCV SFA SPM JKM CAR CTH RTE IBL RBK PBK STA INJ
D Wilcox HB 4* PWR B C- B- C+ D- D+ D C C C C+ B D- D- C D- D- D- B- B-

fsuprime
02-05-2011, 10:15 PM
62 carry? hes trying to fuck

RcSinger
02-05-2011, 10:19 PM
It's D-, I input the values into a spreadsheet and it recalculated to a predetermined value, for instance; C- is represented as 72, C is 75, and C+ is 77. I do that so I can see the relative strength compared to the current team. But yeah, D- sux.

fsuprime
02-05-2011, 10:20 PM
im just drunk, so saying 'tryin to fuck' is funny to me right now

RcSinger
02-05-2011, 10:23 PM
Well, My wifey is getting a shower and I am pretty sure I wont be trying to fuck in a few minutes, I think I'll be doin it.. But it is funny.

fsuprime
02-05-2011, 10:26 PM
well it seems your tryin to fuck now, and will fuck in a few minutes, its a very useful term :)

RcSinger
02-05-2011, 10:28 PM
lol, True, but I need 2 be off here before she gets out. Football forums are a turn off to her.

"HAVE DrUnK will Travel"

Or Stumble.

Enjoy your evening prime.

fsuprime
02-06-2011, 01:01 PM
[4star] OLB (#7) Tyrone Williams 6'3 231 lbs, Arlington Heights, IL

Williams chose FSU over Alabama. Possesses great size and strength and will make the move to MLB at FSU, has a great chance to see the field early in his career. Lacks ideal speed for the outside but his B+ acceleration makes him very similar to graduating MLB Jeff Luc who never had great speed either but made up for it with strength and power roaming the middle of the field.

[4star] DE(#9) Josh Hamilton 6'0 241 lbs, St. Petersburg, FL

Josh chose the Noles over psu, alabama, and texas. Lacks prototypical size for the DE Position but has drawn comparisons to elvis dumervil and dwight freeney with his freakish speed off the edge and great pursuit.

[3star] OLB (#41) Maurice Jones 6'0 230 lbs, Baker, LA
Maurie chose FSU over early favorite wisconsin. This juco transfer looks to compete at MLB right off the bat and will battle freshman Tyrone Williams for 2nd string honors. His grades kept him a 3* prospect but his abilities are as good as any prospect out there, particularly his zone coverage skills.

spd B
acc B
tkl B+
prc C+
blkshd C+
ZCV B+
mcv C+
hpw B-
str B-

[3star]SS (#42) Steven Mckinley 6'1 210 lbs Carencro, LA
Steven chose the Noles over nebraska and wisconsin. Another juco prospect, Steven is looking to compete for OLB or MLB duties but may also stay at SS.

spd B-
acc A
agi C+
MCV B
zcv B
prc C+
hpw B
ctch C
str C+

[3star]SS (#41) Eric Carter 6'0 192 lbs, Beverly Hills, CA

Eric is a sleeper prospect who can play OLB or SS and will be expected to become a captain on special teams which is where he will likely be for most of his career. Eric also expected to help build a pipeline into California for FSU.

spd C+
acc B+
tkl B-
mcv B+
zcv B-
prc C+
hpw B-
prst B+
str C

JeffHCross
02-09-2011, 09:01 PM
Week 11 Top 25 Update -- Lots of shakeup this week
#2 Penn State
#4 Virginia Tech
#5 Texas
#6 Michigan
#7 USC
#8 Texas A&M
#10 Miami
#11 Florida StateWeek 13 Top 25 Update
#2 Virginia Tech
#3 Penn State
#5 Texas
#7 USC
#8 Florida State
#9 Miami
#10 Texas A&M
#11 Michigan
#23 Oklahoma

Big moves for Oklahoma, they were in the 100+ range a few weeks ago.

psuexv
02-10-2011, 08:46 AM
Week 13 Top 25 Update
#10 Texas A&M

I guess recruiting in Texas is easy

psusnoop
02-10-2011, 11:10 AM
[3star] JUCO G Nick Jefferson
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 275 lbs
Hometown: Rockingham, NC
Tendency: Balanced
Top 3 Schools: #1 Penn State, #2 Clemson, #3 Michigan

Pass Block B-
Run Block B-
Pass Block Strength C-
Pass Block Footwork C
Run Block FootworkB-
Run Block Foot Strength B
Impact Blocking C+

Nick was someone the staff almost slow played to much as he was on their board but the staff didn't seem that interested early on but after reviewing a few tapes realized they needed this kid.

Papa LoneStar
02-10-2011, 01:10 PM
I guess recruiting in Texas is easy

Indeed. Jeff has cleaned up on [4star] and [3star] recruits in-state....when I started looking at guys after losing out on out-of-state guys....I looked in-state and EVERY single solid prospect had the Aggies with a healthy lead. Well done, Jeff.

Oneback
02-10-2011, 01:32 PM
I am sure Jeff will incourage you continuing to go out of state for recruits.

fsuprime
02-10-2011, 02:41 PM
if there is a shift to the sec in a few years i could see many people having to shift their focus back in state lol. Ive been doing well in mississippi, alabama and louisiana

JeffHCross
02-10-2011, 07:52 PM
I guess recruiting in Texas is easyNo. While Papa claims I've "cleaned up", all I've really done is go after targets that he's not going after. Any time we compete over a prospect, I'm going to lose ... easily.

Now, that said ... recruiting in Texas is easy in the manner that I had a lot of interested recruits. But I'm pretty sure you did too ;)

Nick was someone the staff almost slow played to much as he was on their board but the staff didn't seem that interested early on but after reviewing a few tapes realized they needed this kid.I would have preferred that the Penn State staff didn't realize that. A very good JUCO, he is.

fsuprime
02-10-2011, 10:44 PM
2 more decent [3star]'s join the fold, i like adding juco depth because if i dont like them they will graduate soon and i can still space them out.

psusnoop
02-11-2011, 06:27 AM
I got lucky with a few good Juco's from that one year when I had a recruiting glitch. They were great G's, and MLB's that really filled in great when I needed them. Actually 3 of them were MLB's and they were beasts on special teams. Seem to always be in the right spot at the right time. The G, will start next season I think too (Harrington is his name).

What I really need are some damn DT's. How in the world does PSU struggle to land a freaking 4* DT? Honestly this is just brutal.

JeffHCross
02-12-2011, 06:22 PM
Week 13 Top 25 Update
#2 Virginia Tech
#3 Penn State
#5 Texas
#7 USC
#8 Florida State
#9 Miami
#10 Texas A&M
#11 Michigan
#23 Oklahoma
Final Regular Season Top 25
#2 Virginia Tech
#4 Penn State
#5 Florida State
#6 Texas
#8 USC
#9 Miami
#10 Michigan
#11 Texas A&M
#13 Oklahoma

Iron Dragon
02-13-2011, 09:22 AM
#2 Virginia Tech
#4 Penn State
#5 Florida State
#6 Texas
#8 USC
#9 Miami
#10 Michigan
#11 Texas A&M
#13 Oklahoma

Glad to see us move up with a late season push. 4 ESPNU150 players along with alot of solid 4-star and 3-star depth, some being JUCOs. Really liking how things worked out late in the year.

JeffHCross
02-13-2011, 09:22 PM
#2 Virginia Tech
#4 Penn State
#5 Florida State
#6 Texas
#8 USC
#9 Miami
#10 Michigan
#11 Texas A&M
#13 Oklahoma