PDA

View Full Version : Bowl Week, 2013

Oneback
01-08-2011, 02:53 PM
=============== #13 Oklahoma Sooners (9-3) ===============
#15 Oklahoma will face Iowa State in the Alamo Bowl.

=============== #14 Clemson Tigers (9-3) ===============
#16 Clemson will face Notre Dame in the Champs Sports Bowl.

=============== #2 Florida State Seminoles (13-0) ===============
Last week, Florida State won 42-17 against Miami (10-3).
#2 Florida State will face #1 Michigan in the BCS National Championship.

=============== #19 Miami Hurricanes (10-3) ===============
Last week, Miami lost 42-17 against Florida State (13-0).
#12 Miami will face Georgia in the Chick-fil-A Bowl.

=============== #1 Michigan Wolverines (12-0) ===============
#1 Michigan will face #2 Florida State in the BCS National Championship.

=============== #10 Ohio State Buckeyes (10-2) ===============
#11 Ohio State will face Tennessee in the Outback Bowl.

=============== #9 Penn State Nittany Lions (10-2) ===============
#9 Penn State will face Auburn in the Capital One Bowl.

=============== #24 Oregon Ducks (8-4) ===============
#24 Oregon will face Missouri in the Holiday Bowl.

=============== #7 USC Trojans (11-1) ===============
#6 USC will face #3 Boise State in the Rose Bowl.

=============== #16 Virginia Tech Hokies (9-3) ===============
#17 Virginia Tech will face Rutgers in the Meineke Car Care Bowl.

=============== #4 Texas Longhorns (11-1) ===============
#3 Texas will face #6 Navy in the Orange Bowl®.

=============== #11 Wisconsin Badgers (9-3) ===============
#13 Wisconsin will face Mississippi State in the Gator Bowl.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

fsuprime
01-08-2011, 02:54 PM
wow no other UvU games

psusnoop
01-08-2011, 03:08 PM
Ouch knocked out of bcs bowl

JeffHCross
01-08-2011, 03:27 PM
In case anybody else is looking for the link: http://www.justin.tv/powerhouseod

ryby6969
01-08-2011, 03:34 PM
When day are we thinking for the offseason?

JeffHCross
01-08-2011, 03:35 PM
Just thinking out loud, but it's gotta be tonight or sometime tomorrow, otherwise OB is gone Monday - Thursday, so we'd be basically waiting until the following weekend.

fsuprime
01-08-2011, 04:04 PM
gg oneback, i felt like the opening 2nd half drive TD pass to smith was the play of the game

Oneback
01-08-2011, 04:07 PM
Good game FSU and congrats on the MNC win.

You are the first person to shut down my running game and the combination of playbook and personnel hinders my passing game. I knew this year I would need to lean on the running game. Next year my passing game should be up to par so I may be able to put up a better fight with no running game.

JeffHCross
01-08-2011, 04:09 PM
And the running commentary from Justin.TV

4:08 Papalonestar: hellooooo
» huge play there
Jeffhcross: dang, how did I miss a whole quarter already.
» Ha. I can feel myself reading the defense as OB drops back.
» What just happened?
Papalonestar: I had to lay my son down so i don't know....lol
Jeffhcross: I think FSU got a pick or fumble, but I couldn't see it because some interface came up during the play.
Papalonestar: ah yea....that happens a little bit....happened during yall game
Jeffhcross: Huge defensive stop by OB to keep it at 10-3 rather than 14-3.
Papalonestar: Definitely
» but his line has been trash
Jeffhcross: Yeah, looks like. FSU's probably Pass Committing, which I didn't do all game against OB.
Papalonestar: not opening up the run or pass protecting. I have my bowl game paused right before kickoff so I'll make sure to look at the Michigan offensive line and Florida State defensive line to compare
» I don't blame ya....it look like he's trying to come out and pass to mix it up and it's killing him....his WRs aren't ready....I would be rotating those 2 impact backs he has
» wow
Jeffhcross: Big play!
Papalonestar: definitely
Jeffhcross: Well, I've gotten burned against the run so much with Pass Commit, I now don't do it at all except 3rd and long or against a comeback attempt.
Papalonestar: Big 10 is slow
Jeffhcross: Ha.
Papalonestar: yea....I feel ya....I have been laying off of it a bit and it has helped me defend the run against OU and Oregon....so I will definitely look to do that in the future
Jeffhcross: Well, since I'm 1-7 against everyone except OB, I can't really say much one way or another.
Papalonestar: I thought you were primed this season....you lost 2 road games against top 5 hfa places by 3 and by 7....can't be angry about that
Jeffhcross: nope.
» Despite the fact that I'm 1-8 against other users, every single one of those losses has been to a Top 10 team. You, Penn State, Michigan, Wiscy.
» No complaints, just simmering frustration.
Papalonestar: it's already tough to beat guys in these league cause everybody plays football....and then when you add a tough place to play....makes it even harder
» I timed it when you signed off on PSN earlier in the game and it's a 4 second delay....every nice
» very nice*
Jeffhcross: ah.
» Very nice punt. There's a reason he's won Ray Guy twice.
Papalonestar: yea....I can't wait to get my K and P next season. I went for it on 4th more than I'd like to due to having my backup QB doing the kicking and punting duties
Jeffhcross: Yeah, I saw that. Maybe I should have played you this season
Papalonestar: Ha....he had 92 kicking power, but they didn't give it all to me due to low awareness (i guess)
Jeffhcross: Yep, it was the AWR. Very frustrated by that.
» I had a third K on my 1995 roster, but ended up cutting him because it did me no good, since he was at first a QB.
Papalonestar: I have a kicker coming in with C+ power and accuracy....and a punter with an A leg and D+ accuracy....very happy to be able to put it in the back of the endzone again
» It's tough to play D when your opponents are starting on the 35-40 yard line
Jeffhcross: Yeah.
Papalonestar: Michigan's not giving up yet....if they can get a TD on this drive....we'll have ourselves a ball game
» they need a big play
» He needs to get his QB involved with some option a little
Jeffhcross: I think moving to "Fast" made a huge difference for our User games. Had so many shootouts in previous User games, but the game against UM and now this one are basically defensive ballgams.
» *ball games
» Interesting play call on 2nd and 1.
» OUCH!
Papalonestar: well...that's 'cause his D is very elite....in the Pac-10....we had blowouts or shootouts....lol
» ouch
» that might be the dagger
Papalonestar: wow....what a catch
Jeffhcross: Wow, that was all User Catch. If FSU lets the CPU get that one, it probably doinks off his head.
Papalonestar: I wasn't expecting this result at all....I just knew it was gonna be 7-3
Psuexv: word up. quality not so clear on the iPhone
Jeffhcross: FSU might just be rolling since he dismantled Miami in the CCG. Once you get in a rhythm ...
» Sup Eric
» Wow. So close to losing that football.
» Bad read.
Papalonestar: Yep....I would've waited until this evening or tommorrow if I was Oneback....I have my bowl game on pause....maybe we can knock out offseasont tommorrow night....especially since Oneback is out of town from Monday-Thursday
Jeffhcross: OB's forcing it now, trying to come back.
Papalonestar: I'm baffled
Psuexv: 24 points by FSU holy smokes
Jeffhcross: You're behind Eric. It's 31 now
» FSU quickly proving that he is a force in this league ... well on his way to two straight national titles.
» And 3 straight by the ACC!
» The lowly ACC.
Papalonestar: Very impressive....although I wonder what would've happened if Tex didn't leave right before the ACC title game
Psuexv: DES just pinning their ears back now
Jeffhcross: I would say that Tex leaving made a huge difference, Papa, but then again, Guru and Ryby both got destroyed by FSU this year.
Papalonestar: True....and Kingpin and Escobar lost by a possession with B teams.
» I'm just jealous
Psuexv: FSU is a force but I think last tyear Tex beat him in the rev season
Jeffhcross: Screen game not working nearly as well for OB as it did against me. I think that was the difference maker in our game, 'cause he had two or three huge screens when he needed big plays against me.
Papalonestar: lmao
» Who's the 4th viewer?
Psuexv: that's pay ack for u being ranked higher than me
Papalonestar: lol....don't blame me....that was the coaches showing me respect. The AP has you rated higher (like it should be)
Psuexv: there's usually a bot viewing as well
Papalonestar: plus beating a team that played for the ACC title and top 10 PSU....it looks good on my resume this season.
Jeffhcross: Could also be someone who's just not signed in or doesn't have an account. I had to create one just to chat with you two
Papalonestar: yea....it just jumped from 4 to 6 to 5....so you're probably right
Jeffhcross: What the crap just happened there?!
Psuexv: it should say on the right hand side who's viewing u have to maximize it
Papalonestar: Vaughn who's a PRO....lol
Jeffhcross: FSU's stick skills really shining through. Papa, I think you and he should play next season ... very curious who's the better of the two of you, since I know firsthand how good you are at the sticks.
» Lol, I actually meant "what happened". I glanced away and then saw Gardner running for his life and a 26 yard loss.
Psuexv: papa is the best I've ever played on the sticks
Papalonestar: Nah....I barely beat him the first season title game....I was up 28-7 in the second....and barely held on 38-35
» lol....don't gas me up....lol
Jeffhcross: lol.
» And the one-handed trophy carrying animation. Sigh.
Papalonestar: I don't want any part of Prime in the regular season....lol
Psuexv: man two in a row nice work Prime
Jeffhcross: Lol, that TE catch wasn't nearly as impressive in the highlight.
Papalonestar: lol

JeffHCross
01-08-2011, 04:10 PM
You are the first person to shut down my running gameVery true. I was able to stop your running game a few times, but not shut it down by any means (and certainly not for the game). And the few times I did have it slowed down, you would hit a big screen pass.

Papa LoneStar
01-08-2011, 04:14 PM
You can just smell the jealousy that I wasn't playing in this game from me while reading this chat....lol

Oneback
01-08-2011, 04:23 PM
Just read through the chat...I agree that I should have waited until tonight. I didn't do any scouting and when my son woke up from his nap at halftime I played distracted. FSU texted me and let me know he was using my defensive adjustments and liked how it was shutting down the running game. I guess I need to stop posting my strategies online, lol.

The frustration from not being able to run the ball and the distraction from my son lead to some really bad reads in the game. The pick 6 off the stick route; I saw him screaming down to cover the flat with the safety but in that split second I said I could fit it in there instead of throwing the stick.

Hopefully the new additions and Garnder with a year under his belt will really help my passing game next year as I had zero confidence in my passing game this season.

gschwendt
01-08-2011, 04:25 PM
Advance!!!!!!

fsuprime
01-08-2011, 04:36 PM
yea that pick 6 felt like i was playing back yard football again, bating and hoping to get the throw, hawthorne is like Gs safety with 98 speed and great acceleration.

lol papa u do not come off sounding as desperate as psuevx ;)

If Tex were still here it would be very tough, but i figured out how he was stopping my passing game with a base 4-3 and started using that some myself, I also do better against the 5 wide which he liked to bring out quite a bit.

I forgot i also had a big 4th down stop after oneback tried a fake punt but then called TO, my CB sort of forced it back inside and my LBs cleaned it up.

That TE TD catch im not sure what happened, i thought he was about to break open and i went to throw and i guess i got hit in mid throw cause it floated for sooooo long. I just had triangle down at the TE did the nice little turn around move. I love that TE.

I also felt in a nice groove for play calling following the miami game and wanted to get the title game out of the way before i could think about it to much. If i had waited until tonight or tomorrow i probably would have talked myself out of a lot of things i tried.

And yea that D strategy u use oneback is nice, i dont call as much zone as you do or do a lot of alignments that you outline, i just love how you place the personnel.

ryby6969
01-08-2011, 04:37 PM
Miami defeats Georgia in the Chik Fil-A bowl 45-13

Oneback
01-08-2011, 04:40 PM
That TD throw to your TE I was over there hitting swat but my defender just stopped moving 3 yards away and just watched the play happen. At that point I texted Papa "Ballgame"

Oneback
01-08-2011, 04:42 PM
In the long run I am hoping a loss in the MNC will keep some of my guys in Michigan. I could see a lot of those Juniors on that FSU squad moving on now that they have won two MNC's.

ryby6969
01-08-2011, 04:44 PM
I don't feel so bad now losing to the Back to Back National Champs. My defense played much faster in my bowl game. It must have been below 50 degrees in the ACC Championship game. ;)

JeffHCross
01-08-2011, 04:51 PM
Coach JeffHCross run from Columbus after loss to hated rival Michigan

It used to be said that Ohio State could have a losing season, and fans wouldn't care -- as long as they beat Michigan. Today, that may still be true -- but a winning season may not matter as much if it includes a loss to Michigan.

Coach JeffHCross will be released from his contract following the completion of the college football bowl games, the Columbus Dispatch has learned. Despite finishing in the Top 15 from 2010-2012 and being ranked #10 going into tonight's Outback Bowl game, JeffHCross has been dogged by an inability to win the Big Ten, thanks to an 0-4 record against rival Penn State.

For many, the loss against Michigan, the first for the program since 2003, was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. Twitter, Facebook, and many message boards exploded with comments calling for JeffHCross' ouster as soon as Dee Miller was tackled one yard short of the end zone on a 4th and goal. For anyone younger than 10, it was the first loss to Michigan in their lifetime. For many, it was unacceptable.

"It's really in the best interest of the university to move on," athletics director Andrew Smythe said at a news conference.

Smythe said the university will begin looking for a new coach immediately.

"It did not hinge on winning or losing the game against Michigan, although I would say that yesterday was sort of a capstone on what we have seen as a deteriorating climate within football program," Smythe said. When questioned about his statement, Smythe declined to identify the specifics of JeffHCross's failures. Many in the blogsphere have suggested that Smythe was solely talking about the team's football record, despite the same comments being used during John Cooper's firing years ago.

JeffHCross will be allowed to coach in the Outback Bowl against Tennessee, the same bowl which cost former coach John Cooper his bowl.

JeffHCross was 42-9 in his time at Ohio State, though all 9 losses came to other elite college football programs: Miami, Penn State, Wisconsin, Texas, and yes, Michigan. While JeffHCross did continue Ohio State's historic run of victories over Michigan, that came to a crashing halt in 2013, with a game that fell just out of the Buckeyes' reach.

Texas-based sources are reporting that the administration in College Station has already contacted Coach JeffHCross to gauge interest in joining Texas A&M.

gschwendt
01-08-2011, 04:55 PM
Wisconsin defeated Mississippi State 73-0 in the Gator Bowl. The Badgers amassed 336 yards on the ground to go with 292 yards passing. Senior HB Montee Ball finishes his collegiate career by carrying the ball 14 times for 185 yards with 3 touchdowns. Perhaps more impressive though is the QB play of RS Freshman Brett Ward who completed 14/18 for 247 yards and added 3 touchdowns with 1 interception. Perhaps the Badgers won't struggle as much under center as they were worried about, part of that could be attributed to a new offense and part attributed to a poor opponent. Either way, the Badgers have a lot of momentum heading into next season.

ryby6969
01-08-2011, 05:43 PM
God I can't wait to get to the offseason.

Papa LoneStar
01-08-2011, 05:44 PM
The Longhorns slap around the BEST C overall team in the country as they beat Navy 76-14 in the rainy Orange Bowl.

Longhorn offense: 663 yards (446 air, 217 ground), 0 turnovers

QB Carlos McDaniel, FrRS: 17-22 430 yards 5 TD 0 INT

RB Bryson Hopkins, So: 18 car 130 yards 4 TD

RB Traylon Shead, JrRS: 6 car 107 yards

WR Mike Davis, JrRS: 9 rec 239 yards 3 TD

WR Darius Terrell, JrRS: 3 rec 114 yards 2 TD

Longhorn defense: -2 rushing yards against the prolific Navy rushing offense, 5-14 3rd down conversions allowed, 16 TFL, 3 turnovers forced

OLB Aaron Benson, JrRS: 12 tackles (5 TFL), 1 INT-TD

MLB Jordan Hicks, JrRS: 11 tackles (4 TFL), 1 sack, 1 forced fumble

DE Jackson Jeffcoat, JrRS: 3 tackles (2 TFL), 2 sacks

Next up: OFFSEASON!!!!

Papa LoneStar
01-08-2011, 05:49 PM

JeffHCross
01-08-2011, 06:02 PM
EDIT: Papa was so excited, he posted twice, lol.

Ohio State doesn't excel in running up the score as much as their brethren in Madison, but they too shut out their New Year's Day bowl opponent, with a 52-0 victory that sends Coach JeffHCross out of Columbus in style. JeffHCross declined to be carried off the field by his players, but couldn't stop from tearing up when addressing his time in Columbus after the game.

QB Joe Germaine: 19/24 for 304 yards and 4 TDs
TE John Lumpkin: 9 receptions for 128 yards and 2 TDs
WR Jimmy Redmond: 5 receptions for 62 yards and 2 TDs
LB Roedell Dupree: 6 solo tackles, 1 assist, 3 TFLs and 1 fumble recovered

Oneback
01-08-2011, 06:03 PM
I am away from the house right now, anyone able to get on and see who's left and I'll text them.

JeffHCross
01-08-2011, 06:10 PM
Gotcha covered, OB.

exv, Snoop, RC, Kingpin, Iron Dragon

Iron Dragon
01-08-2011, 06:16 PM
Iowa State went 5 WR about the entire second half and scored 35 in a CPU-esque rally, but Sooners win 49-35.

On the season, Bell finishes with 3807 yards passing and 34 TDs along with 3. rushing TDs.

We finish the year with 2 1000 yard rushers (Finch - 1035 / Clay - 1019), and Webster ran for 546.

Kenny Stills had 1062 yards receiving and Richardson had 992 and dropped his chance at 1000+ late in the game. Muse had 777 yards.

Bell, Finch, Clay, Stills, Richardson and Muse will all return next season, if no one declares.

Papa LoneStar
01-08-2011, 08:31 PM
I know one thing....we better be all online knocking out offseason tommorrow night or it's gonna be "consequneces and reprecussions!!!!" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmMT0ZbNOHY)

psusnoop
01-08-2011, 08:46 PM
I'll be playing soon

gschwendt
01-08-2011, 08:52 PM
I know one thing....we better be all online knocking out offseason tommorrow night or it's gonna be "consequneces and reprecussions!!!!" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmMT0ZbNOHY)
I'll be available tomorrow night, though would rather start earlier rather than later.

Oneback
01-08-2011, 09:11 PM
I'll be available tomorrow night, though would rather start earlier rather than later.

Right there with you, I need to be at DFW Airport at 7:30a on Monday. Which probably means a 5am wake up.

JeffHCross
01-08-2011, 09:38 PM
I've seen from experience that Monday morning at the airport can be more chaotic than usual. Keep an eye out, OB.

Kingpin32
01-08-2011, 09:48 PM
They way they're talking out here we may be getting a few inches of snow. I'll try to get my game in after the Jets game if I'm not too tired. I just had my first meal of the day 30 minutes ago :smh:

psuexv
01-08-2011, 10:21 PM
It would be nice if we could get some of the offseason done tonight and finish up throughout the day tomorrow. Any word on the games that are left?

JeffHCross
01-08-2011, 10:23 PM
Yes, we have word ;):

They way they're talking out here we may be getting a few inches of snow. I'll try to get my game in after the Jets game if I'm not too tired. I just had my first meal of the day 30 minutes ago :smh:

At this point, I'm assuming we won't be waiting on RCSinger.

JeffHCross
01-08-2011, 10:31 PM
KingPin, no pressure but you might be the only one standing between us and the Offseason ;)

psusnoop
01-08-2011, 11:24 PM
King and rc remain.

I'd be up for an advance every two hours or something till we finish.

fsuprime
01-08-2011, 11:28 PM
can we all not get on tomorrow and knock it out ? would be easy to do while watching play off games :)

JeffHCross
01-08-2011, 11:43 PM
Unfortunately, I'll be at work for at least part of the day tomorrow. Going to try to go in early and get home as quick as possible though.

Kingpin32
01-09-2011, 01:29 AM
After doing more stuff around the house and taking a shower, I can barely keep my eyes open. I'll have to play mine when I get out of church. Sorry Jeff :dunno: lol

Oneback
01-09-2011, 06:40 AM

Well the good news is that it hasn't gotten below freezing, it's 38 right now in Keller. No snow as of yet.

psusnoop
01-09-2011, 06:49 AM
Any update from king?

JeffHCross
01-09-2011, 07:59 AM
Any update from king?Guessing you didn't see the bottom of the last page ...

After doing more stuff around the house and taking a shower, I can barely keep my eyes open. I'll have to play mine when I get out of church. Sorry Jeff :dunno: lolDoing stuff around the house? Shower? Priorities, man!!!

;)

Oneback
01-09-2011, 08:07 AM
Doing stuff around the house? Shower? Priorities, man!!!

;)

Right, lol

JeffHCross
01-09-2011, 08:10 AM
Alright, I'm heading to work. Hoping to be back by the middle of the afternoon. Will leave my cell phone somewhere that I actually get signal and at least check in every 30 min.

Escobar
01-09-2011, 08:53 AM
I'll be away at a meeting for work from 7pm-11pm central. What time were y'all planning on doing the offseason today?

Papa LoneStar
01-09-2011, 09:30 AM
:-(

Oneback
01-09-2011, 09:48 AM
The plans for doing the offseason today may be out the window. My flight out may be bumped up to today due to inclimate weather possibilities tomorrow.

fsuprime
01-09-2011, 10:43 AM
ugh.

psuexv
01-09-2011, 11:41 AM
The plans for doing the offseason today may be out the window. My flight out may be bumped up to today due to inclimate weather possibilities tomorrow.

To quote Papa :(

Iron Dragon
01-09-2011, 12:56 PM
Dang, that blows.

psuexv
01-09-2011, 03:19 PM
Advance!!!!!

Oneback
01-09-2011, 04:09 PM
I have to run to the store real quick, but will advance afterwards. After that I am gone until Thursday.

JeffHCross
01-09-2011, 04:32 PM
:-(

ugh.

To quote Papa :(

Dang, that blows.I believe it was at this point that I texted Eric and said that we're collectively whining like children, lol. I guess it just reminded me of when I was a kid and knew I had birthday presents hidden somewhere and kept whining that I couldn't get them.