PDA

View Full Version : Denis Leary is Back!!!

JBHuskers
01-06-2011, 03:25 PM
http://www.craveonline.com/entertainment/humor/article/denis-leary-and-friends-present-douchebags-donuts-119819

OH HELL YES! It's been a LONG time....I cannot wait.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g81G7JktO8A

If you don't know who Denis Leary is, or if your exposure has been limited to his surprisingly good "Rescue Me" series, it's best to steer entirely clear of his latest one-hour stand-up special titled "Denis Leary and Friends Present Douchebags and Donuts". The Comedy Central special presentation debuts on Sunday, January 16 at 10:00 p.m, but for all but Leary's acolytes, it's a cringe-worthy affair.

Leary, the notorious Emmy-nominated star of "Rescue Me" and NY Times best-selling author, returns to his stand-up roots with this provocative one-hour special taped live at NYC's Town Hall. Not since "No Cure for Cancer" has Leary unleashed his trademark foul-mouthed rants quite like this, calling to mind Andrew Dice Clay and the shock-driven comedians of the mid-nineties.

Throughout the hourlong special, Leary recruits rising comedienne Whitney Cummings, as well as his "Rescue Me" costars Lenny Clarke and Adam Ferrara, for a scathing takedown of douchebags everywhere and delivers a blistering, eye-opening intro to 2011. Those watching at home are in for plenty of beeps and censored material, as Leary's never been known for mild humor. Taking aim at the public's obsession with vapid celebrity and its inevitably douchey trimmings, Leary and friends excoriate society's worst offenders, making mincemeat of all the deserving dolts 2010 had to offer.

On Tuesday, January 18, "Denis Leary and Friends Present Douchebags and Donuts" stand-up special will be released nationwide on DVD by Comedy Central Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Entertainment. The DVD, released extended and uncensored, contains over 50 minutes not included in broadcast and features bonus materials "Detours on the Road to Comedy," "Snapshots from the Road" and additional musical performances by The Enablers featuring The Rehab Horns. A portion of the proceeds from the sale of the DVD will benefit The Leary Firefighters Foundation.

On January 11, COMEDY CENTRAL Records will also release the single "Douchebag" from the special, which will be a maxi-digital single, a remix version and a video.

morsdraconis
01-07-2011, 11:08 AM
Fuck yeah! My man Leary is back!

JBHuskers
01-07-2011, 11:17 AM
Fuck yeah! My man Leary is back!

:nod: I already pre-ordered the DVD...I love Leary, and also love the stand-up of Lenny Clark and Adam Ferrara

morsdraconis
01-07-2011, 11:20 AM
I will definitely have to get the DVD as well.

JBHuskers
01-07-2011, 11:53 AM
I will definitely have to get the DVD as well.

Amazon is $15.99

JBHuskers
01-17-2011, 12:10 PM
Damn there was no unedited one on last night, so I didn't watch, will just wait for the DVD that should come next week.