PDA

View Full Version : Week 13, 2013

Oneback
01-02-2011, 07:35 PM
=============== #9 Oklahoma Sooners (8-2) ===============
Last week, Oklahoma won 56-7 against UCLA (4-5).
This week, the Sooners will host #5 Texas (9-1).

=============== #17 Clemson Tigers (8-3) ===============
Last week the Tigers were idle.
This week, the Tigers travel to Columbia to face the South Carolina Gamecocks (4-7).
In recruiting news, the following Clemson targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) LT Carlos Cabral has committed to South Carolina
- (***) WR Kirk Green has committed to Minnesota
- (****) QB Lance Stewart has committed to Clemson

=============== #2 Florida State Seminoles (11-0) ===============
Last week the Seminoles were idle.
This week, the Seminoles travel to Gainesville to face the #22 Florida Gators (7-3).

=============== #13 Miami Hurricanes (9-2) ===============
Last week, Miami won 63-14 against Wake Forest (4-6).
This week, the Hurricanes are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) WR Stephen Wayne has committed to Miami
- (****) MLB Steve Thomas has committed to Penn State
- (***) LG Julius Blankenship has committed to Miami
- (***) LOLB Jeff Tanner has committed to Florida

=============== #1 Michigan Wolverines (11-0) ===============
Last week, Michigan won 48-0 against Indiana (2-9).
This week, the Wolverines will host #6 Ohio State (10-1).
In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) DT Brandon Rutledge has committed to Michigan
- (****) SS E.J. Roberts has committed to Wisconsin

=============== #6 Ohio State Buckeyes (10-1) ===============
Last week, Ohio State won 48-3 against Northwestern (3-7).
This week, the Buckeyes travel to Ann Arbor to face the #1 Michigan Wolverines (11-0).

=============== #8 Penn State Nittany Lions (9-2) ===============
Last week the Nittany Lions were idle.
This week, the Nittany Lions travel to East Lansing to face the Michigan State Spartans (2-8).
In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) MLB Steve Thomas has committed to Penn State

=============== Oregon Ducks (6-4) ===============
Last week, Oregon lost 49-21 against Texas (9-1).
This week, the Ducks will host UCLA (4-5).
In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) LOLB Stephen Clark has committed to Colorado State
- (*****) HB Dedrick Fry has committed to Oregon

=============== #4 USC Trojans (9-1) ===============
Last week, USC won 56-0 against Oregon State (5-6).
This week, the Trojans will host Cal (1-9).
In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) WR Trey Vaughn has committed to Hawai'i
- (***) WR Nick Wilson has committed to USC

=============== #18 Virginia Tech Hokies (8-3) ===============
Last week, Virginia Tech won 35-13 against Virginia (4-6).
This week, the Hokies will host North Carolina (3-7).
In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) TE Trey McCoy has committed to Iowa State

=============== #5 Texas Longhorns (9-1) ===============
Last week, Texas won 49-21 against Oregon (6-4).
This week, the Longhorns travel to Dallas to face the #9 Oklahoma Sooners (8-2).

=============== #15 Wisconsin Badgers (9-3) ===============
Last week, Wisconsin won 38-6 against Iowa (4-6).
This week, the Badgers are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) SS E.J. Roberts has committed to Wisconsin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gschwendt
01-02-2011, 08:13 PM
Done. Let's get it done folks... having four straight bye weeks is going to suck.

psusnoop
01-02-2011, 08:29 PM
Oh my that does, glad I have msu this week

Iron Dragon
01-02-2011, 08:30 PM
Me and Papa disconnected in the early 3rd with him leading 28-3 in what should be 31-3 since lag effected one of his field goals.

I got the continue option and our schedules conflict and I don't have enough time to finish tonight, so we couldn't play again until Friday, so for sake of not holding us up, I am finishing the game and Papa will get the win.

Even though it ends my BCS hopes, I'm doing what's right and we've agreed on it.

Iron Dragon
01-02-2011, 08:49 PM
Finished game and Texas won 35(38)-17.. Texas held the ball for three plays in the second half but Jordan Hicks for Texas as the CPU had a one-handed deflection to pick-six.. pretty neat stuff.

Carlos McDaniel for Texas was 10-for-12 with 170 yards passing and a TD. Hopkins ran for a TD and Shead ran for two.

I held the ball for about 15:25 in the second half of 16:00 possible. I got a TD run with Clay on fourth and goal from the one, and Brett Muse caught a 2 yard TD pass with four seconds to go on third and goal.

psuexv
01-03-2011, 07:53 AM
Done. Let's get it done folks... having four straight bye weeks is going to suck.

You need to fire your AD.

Papa LoneStar
01-03-2011, 08:06 AM
lmaoooo @ E

psuexv
01-03-2011, 08:52 AM
When is the OSU/Michigan game?

On a side note. Happy Birthday Jeff. There wouldn't be anything better on your birthday than beating UM.

gschwendt
01-03-2011, 09:36 AM
You need to fire your AD.
It wouldn't be so bad if the Pac-10 could learn how to schedule seeing as how they have four human teams playing in Week 14 whereas the other conferences managed to clear their schedules (Miami gets a pass since they weren't HUM owned to start the season).

psuexv
01-03-2011, 09:41 AM
It wouldn't be so bad if the Pac-10 could learn how to schedule seeing as how they have four human teams playing in Week 14 whereas the other conferences managed to clear their schedules (Miami gets a pass since they weren't HUM owned to start the season).

Yeah you're probably right. Considering how much late in the season games mean in terms of Poll positioning it's better to have all of your games done in week 12. ;)

Oneback
01-03-2011, 10:31 AM
When is the OSU/Michigan game?

On a side note. Happy Birthday Jeff. There wouldn't be anything better on your birthday than beating UM.

Either tonight or Wednesday. I'd like to watch the Orange Bowl tonight and I know Jeff will be watching the Sugar Bowl...so if we don't play tonight I'll be Wednesday.

Happy Birthday Jeff!

psusnoop
01-03-2011, 11:46 AM
Happy birthday Jeff!

psuexv
01-03-2011, 02:58 PM
Heisman Race Update

1 - Jimmy Redmond OSU WR - 65 catches 1493 yards 20 Tds
2 - Kyle Prater USC WR - 42 catches 1255 yards 22 Tds
3- Chris Thompson FSU RB - 176 carries 1572 yards 28 Tds
4- Mike Davis Texas WR - 53 catches 1479 yards 13 Tds

Can't remember if Dukes is the #5 or not but it's definitely the year of the Wide Receiver.

gschwendt
01-03-2011, 03:03 PM
I'm still pissed that John Clay missed out on the Heisman his senior year.

Papa LoneStar
01-03-2011, 04:09 PM
Yea....that trophy is still looking pretty in my office at Belmont.

psusnoop
01-03-2011, 04:24 PM
Dukes is number 5 he is looking forward to a huge game against the MSU.

ryby6969
01-03-2011, 05:24 PM
If Miami didn't have 2 backs over 1100 yards, Storm Johnson would be in the conversation.

Oneback
01-03-2011, 05:40 PM
Jeff and I will be playing Wednesday. I walked in the house tonight and the first thing that was said by my wife and sister in law was that I would have to watch the Orange Bowl on our second TV so they could watch the Bachelor and something else.

Husband Lesson #1: Know when to pick your battles, was tested but I backed down.

JeffHCross
01-03-2011, 09:54 PM
it's definitely the year of the Wide Receiver.Yeah ... I keep thinking what might have been if I hadn't lost Germaine for so long.

The battle between Redmond and Prater for the Heisman and Biletnikoff is very interesting. Right now I'm leading the Heisman and you're leading the Biletnikoff. I've got 23 more catches, but you have a 2 TD advantage and a sizable lead in YPC. Hard to say who would lead in real life with those circumstances.

Yeah you're probably right. Considering how much late in the season games mean in terms of Poll positioning it's better to have all of your games done in week 12. ;)Let's not be unreasonable here. Week 13 would suffice ;)

Oneback
01-05-2011, 09:33 AM
Tonight is the big game. Queue the dramic music.

Papa LoneStar
01-05-2011, 11:15 AM
Awwwwwwww shiiiiiiiitttt!

psusnoop
01-05-2011, 12:33 PM

What?

psuexv
01-05-2011, 02:18 PM
What?

psuexv
01-05-2011, 02:18 PM

Any chance this game is being broadcast? Maybe Justin.tv or uStream?

psusnoop
01-05-2011, 02:43 PM
Gottcha

Broadcast would be sweet

Oneback
01-05-2011, 03:27 PM
I may look into broadcasting it. I'll let everyone know once I get home around 5.

gschwendt
01-05-2011, 03:36 PM
Do either of you have an iPhone? You could always just use it to broadcast via justin.tv. Unfortunately I don't or otherwise I would do so and then not have to worry about taking bandwidth away from the game.

Oneback
01-05-2011, 03:54 PM
I have an iPhone 3GS, however to make the stream worth anything I would need to put it on my wireless.

Oneback
01-05-2011, 05:34 PM
Alright I did some testing and I will broadcast at http://www.justin.tv/powerhouseod however if we run into lag I am going to kill the connection.

I am hoping for a 9pm central kickoff.

Oneback
01-05-2011, 06:04 PM
9pm central kickoff it is.

JeffHCross
01-05-2011, 08:46 PM
Queue the dramic music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHjFxJVeCQs

JeffHCross
01-05-2011, 09:02 PM
Game on.

psuexv
01-05-2011, 10:08 PM
Great game guys. Loved watching it live. That 4th down stop on the 1 inch line was crazy

psusnoop
01-05-2011, 10:10 PM
Great game guys. Really had fun with that Oneback.

That was an exciting game to watch that is for sure.

Papa LoneStar
01-05-2011, 10:12 PM
Great game....definitely lived up to the hype....that goalline stand was huuuuge....that #1 D stood up at the right time

Oneback
01-05-2011, 10:15 PM
My defense has played huge all season long and I keep leaning on them. If you couldn't notice my running game is far ahead of my passing right now which really worried me as the 425 puts 8 and 9 in the box which threw me off my game plan a bit. Once I got the running game going some I started to calm down but I was wound tight all game. Be it streaming the game, the fact that there is a lot riding on the game and the previous losses in this exact situation I was nervous the entire time.

JeffHCross
01-05-2011, 10:39 PM
2 turnovers, and a complete disaster that started 1st and goal from the 1, was too much to overcome for Ohio State, as they fall to Michigan for the first time since 2003.

On that date:
"The Da Vinci Code" had come out earlier that year. Not the movie. The book.
Saddam Hussein was still at large.
Theatergoers anxiously awaited the release of "Lord of the Rings: Return of the King", one month later.
Barack Obama was in the Illinois state legislature, and Sarah Palin was the chairperson of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission.
LeBron James had been playing pro basketball for three weeks.
A child who is in first grade today was born.
Tyrone Willingham had another year at Notre Dame.
Urban Meyer was in his first year coaching... at Utah.
The NFL's New England Patriots had a trio of rising-star assistant coaches who were expected to go on to great success in head coaching jobs: Charlie Weis, Romeo Crennel and Eric Mangini.
Terrelle Pryor was in middle school.
John L. Smith would be the Big Ten Coach of the Year. Related: 8 Big Ten teams have changed head coaches since then.
Notre Dame was on a 40-year winning streak against Navy.
No ranked FBS team had ever lost to an FCS team.
And finally...
Nine weeks later, Facebook was founded.

Ohio State was galvanized by the return of QB Joe Germaine, taking the field for the first time since Week 5 against Penn State. Germaine looked rusty early, having two of his first three passes batted down at the line, but after that he was on fire, throwing 26-36 for 297 yards and 1 TD. Germaine did have 1 interception near the end of the first half, but Michigan was unable to turn it into any points, limiting the impact for the Buckeyes.

However, it was 1st and goal from the 1 that truly ended the Buckeyes hopes. One of the Michigan linebackers was left unblocked on a running play, leading to Germaine getting sacked before he could even handoff the ball. Two horrible incompletions later, and the Buckeyes faced 4th and goal from the 5. Dee Miller broke on a slant route, but was forced to cut inside a Michigan defensive player, and ended up catching the ball at the 3 yard line. Four or five Michigan players converged, stopping him just inches short of the goal.

Michgan would run out the rest of the clock, including a 37-yard run by Nick Cleveland, who ran like Tshimanga Biakabutuka today against the Buckeyes.

gschwendt
01-05-2011, 10:40 PM
Sorry I missed getting to watch it live... I'll watch the recording though so I can learn all of hte different hot route defenses that Oneback runs.

I see though that there's no sound... when I was tinkering with it, Oneback, it would let me tell it to use the sounds that ran through my speakers which obviously included the HD-PVR. Would it not let you do that on yours or did you just use it to cut down on the data to stream?

Oneback
01-06-2011, 06:03 AM
Sound was working but I muted it in hopes of cutting down on the amount of data.

I ran a very vannilla defense, there's not a lot you can do against 4 wide when you only have three corners worth playing. Jeff only threw to the left side of the formation a handful of times all game so as the game went on I started to cut the field in half but by then he had already started to get into a rhythm. There was also a slight bit of lag (either that or it was rust from not playing a single game since my week 12 game) so I didn't want to risk hot routing too many people and get burned deep due to not getting everyone set.

JeffHCross
01-06-2011, 06:06 PM
Jeff only threw to the left side of the formation a handful of times all game so as the game went on I started to cut the field in half but by then he had already started to get into a rhythm.Wondered how quickly you picked up on that :D

Oneback
01-06-2011, 08:06 PM
It took about a quarter to catch on.

JeffHCross
01-06-2011, 08:14 PM
Yeah, I wanted to throw to Rambo (left slot) more often, but I just find it so much easier to throw to the right this year. It's funny, because on past games I found it easier to throw to the left.

I definitely didn't mean to focus in on Redmond as much as I did early on though.