PDA

View Full Version : Week 11, 2013

Oneback
12-26-2010, 05:54 PM
=============== #9 Oklahoma Sooners (6-2) ===============
Last week, Oklahoma won 31-28 against Oregon (5-3).
This week, the Sooners will host Oregon State (5-4).
In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) RE Billy Brown has committed to Miami
- (***) WR Gerald Denman has committed to Oklahoma
- (***) MLB Darius Scott has committed to Oklahoma

=============== #14 Clemson Tigers (8-2) ===============
Last week, Clemson won 44-27 against Notre Dame (3-4).
This week, the Tigers will host #2 Florida State (10-0).

=============== #2 Florida State Seminoles (10-0) ===============
Last week, Florida State won 66-0 against NC State (4-5).
This week, the Seminoles travel to Clemson to face the #14 Clemson Tigers (8-2).
In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) MLB Sam Thompson has committed to Miami
- (****) WR Ryan Brown has committed to Florida State

=============== #12 Miami Hurricanes (7-2) ===============
Last week, Miami won 51-14 against Virginia Tech (7-3).
This week, the Hurricanes travel to Oxford to face the Miami University RedHawks (3-6).
In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) CB Xavier Holley has committed to Penn State
- (****) MLB Sam Thompson has committed to Miami
- (****) RE Billy Brown has committed to Miami
- (****) LE Anthony Strong has committed to Miami

=============== #1 Michigan Wolverines (10-0) ===============
Last week, Michigan won 35-9 against Northwestern (3-5).
This week, the Wolverines are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) RE Brian Massey has committed to Michigan

=============== #6 Ohio State Buckeyes (8-1) ===============
Last week, Ohio State won 49-3 against Minnesota (2-6).
This week, the Buckeyes will host Illinois (4-3).
In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) CB Stephen Clark has committed to Ohio State
- (***) CB Eddie Johnson has committed to Ohio State

=============== #10 Penn State Nittany Lions (8-2) ===============
Last week, Penn State won 73-13 against Purdue (3-6).
This week, the Nittany Lions will host #8 Wisconsin (8-2).
In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) SS Reggie Rogers has committed to Texas
- (***) SS Patrick Jackson has committed to Penn State
- (****) LG Skyler Williams has committed to Penn State

=============== #17 Oregon Ducks (5-3) ===============
Last week, Oregon lost 31-28 against Oklahoma (6-2).
This week, the Ducks travel to Berkeley to face the Cal Golden Bears (1-7).

=============== #4 USC Trojans (7-1) ===============
Last week, USC won 49-24 against Texas A&M (3-5).
This week, the Trojans will host Oklahoma State (5-3).
In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) MLB Joe McRae has committed to USC
- (****) MLB Tyler Moore has committed to USC

=============== #21 Virginia Tech Hokies (7-3) ===============
Last week, Virginia Tech lost 51-14 against Miami (7-2).
This week, the Hokies are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) WR Gerald Denman has committed to Oklahoma
- (**) ROLB Vincent Jackson has committed to Virginia Tech
- (***) LG David Sanders has committed to Wisconsin

=============== #5 Texas Longhorns (7-1) ===============
Last week, Texas won 63-3 against Oklahoma State (5-3).
This week, the Longhorns will host UCLA (4-3).
In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) SS Reggie Rogers has committed to Texas

=============== #8 Wisconsin Badgers (8-2) ===============
Last week, Wisconsin won 53-0 against Illinois (4-3).
This week, the Badgers travel to University Park to face the #10 Penn State Nittany Lions (8-2).
In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) LG David Sanders has committed to Wisconsin
- (***) TE Mike Carter has committed to Wisconsin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Papa LoneStar
12-26-2010, 07:50 PM
Earl Campbell plays in his first game since being injured early in the season as the Longhorns slap around UCLA 70-12 in Austin.

Longhorn offense: 625 offensive yards (318 ground, 307 air), 7-7 redzone TDs, 0 turnovers

QB Carlos McDaniel, FrRS: 17-24 307 yards 5 TD 0 INT

RB Earl Campbell, So: 16 car 121 yards 2 TD

RB Traylon Shead, So: 8 car 111 yards 2 TD

RB Bryson Hopkins, So: 12 car 86 yards 1 TD

FB Cody Anderson, So: 4 pancakes; 1 rec 7 yards

WR Mike Davis, JrRS: 5 rec 149 yards 1 TD

WR Chris Jones, JrRS: 3 rec 69 yards 1 TD

WR Darius Terrell, JrRS: 5 rec 56 yards 1 TD

TE Colton Hall, So: 2 rec 24 yards 1 TD

Longhorn defense: 2-9 3rd down, 5 turnovers forced, 7 TFL

DT Lance Gibson, SoRS: 5 tackles (3 TFL), 2 sacks, 1 fumble recovery

SS Johnny Roberson, Jr: 5 tackles (1 TFL), 1 forced fumble

CB Michael Carter, JrRS: 4 pass deflections, 1 tackle

Next up: at Oregon....11:30am central on FSN

JeffHCross
12-26-2010, 09:24 PM
Next up: at Oregon....11:30am central on FSNA 9:30 am start time in Eugene? Have fun with that!

gschwendt
12-26-2010, 10:50 PM
Advance!!!!!

Papa LoneStar
12-27-2010, 12:14 AM
A 9:30 am start time in Eugene? Have fun with that!

Haha....I read a little bit about your short debate with somebody on this board about the scheduled gametimes. When I see 12pm, 3:30pm, 11:30am, and 8pm start times....there's no doubt that ALL times are eastern in my mind so I adjust accordingly....lol

Oneback
12-27-2010, 05:14 AM
Advance!!!!!

Damn, Sargent Shultz....I got all excited and thought we were actually ready to advance.

gschwendt
12-27-2010, 08:13 AM
Damn, Sargent Shultz....I got all excited and thought we were actually ready to advance.
I'm ready to advance... that's enough for me.

psusnoop
12-27-2010, 08:54 AM
LOL

I just noticed Arkansas State making a run this year in the polls.

Heck of a game Tommy, still wish we hadn't been disconnected in the first game. I'm still baffeled that we were able to keep our conversation going for a good few minutes after it said we lost connection to each other.

fsuprime
12-27-2010, 12:54 PM
esobar when can u play? im free all day er day until thursday morning

JeffHCross
12-27-2010, 12:54 PM
Hey, G, since you've got so much free time that you want an immediate advance, how 'bout you tell us a little bit about your game? The score would be particularly interesting ;)

gschwendt
12-27-2010, 01:21 PM
Hey, G, since you've got so much free time that you want an immediate advance, how 'bout you tell us a little bit about your game? The score would be particularly interesting ;)Well, I was about to go up 14-0 near the end of the half when psusnoop pulled his ethernet cord out of his console... though I can't figure out how he was able to keep talking to me over the mic. Then in the restart, on my opening drive, I had a 3rd & 17, didn't see a pass available so I went to throw it away, only to be hit and the ball plop into a defender's hands and be returned for a pick 6.

From there the Badgers just couldn't hold onto the ball. Despite that, Wisconsin had solid defense throughout the day save for a 69 yard run by Dukes... otherwise he only had 30 yards carrying.

It's sad that my RSSr QB has fairly decent throwing abilities but yet can't help but turn the ball over. Next year with two RSSo QBs, hopefully one of them will be able to handle the workload. I like next year's team though I won't have a stud at HB that I've enjoyed so far.

JeffHCross
12-27-2010, 01:43 PM
Ohio State rolls to a comfortable 48-21 victory over Illinois. The Buckeye offense was actually outgained in the contest, but this can be largely attributed to the 2nd team players that took the field immediately after halftime. Another bad (1/7) performance on 3rd down is causing some concern in Columbus.

Jimmy Redmond didn't have a horribly impressive day, only catching 2 receptions, but his 96 yards, including 64 on a highlight reel worthy pass play, will garner some attention from Heisman voters.

psuexv
12-27-2010, 08:22 PM
Instant Update from Pasadena - Kick off in less than 5 minutes and the Trojan offensive coordinator was asked if he would key in on Kyle Prater to try and win him the Heisman. OC was quoted saying he wouldn't stoop to coach JeffHCross level and play his receiver late into the game, though he did hear that Redmond didn't play much after the starters sat in their win earlier today.

psuexv
12-27-2010, 09:29 PM
USC dominates Oklahoma State 80-14.

Unbelievable offensive day for the Trojans....

Walker 15 for 24 - 333 6 TDs 0 ints
Strickland 19 carries 176 1 TD
Baxter 12 carries 197 4 TDs
Prater 6 catches 172 3 TDs
Grimble 4 catches 75 2 TDs

Defensively did give up 325 through the air but only 56 on the ground.

fsuprime
12-28-2010, 04:36 PM
escobar?

Iron Dragon
12-28-2010, 04:39 PM
Oklahoma rips Oregon St. 58-10

Blake Bell threw for 338 yards and 4 TDs and Quentin Hayes had a pick-six in an easy W.

Roy Finch, Bell, and Brennan Clay all added TDs on the ground.

Kenny Stills caught a pair of TDs, Richardson and Parsons caught one a piece.

The team ended up with 7 sacks, 2 picks, a fumble recovery and a defensive TD and held Oregon State's offense to just a field goal.

psusnoop
12-28-2010, 05:20 PM
Got a message that his dsl was down and hopes to have it up by late today or tomorrow. Regarding Escobar

fsuprime
12-28-2010, 05:28 PM
cool thx

fsuprime
12-28-2010, 08:24 PM
FSU wins on last second FG despite throwing 4 interceptions with lag+bump n run all game+hfa for QB Trickett lol
FSUs D shuts down Clemsons normal offense and only gave up big plays where it was user vs user, not sure how he had such great body control with all the lag, good sticks escobar.

gschwendt
12-28-2010, 09:31 PM
Looks like we're just waiting on Oregon.

psuexv
12-28-2010, 09:39 PM
Do we have any word on KP?

JeffHCross
12-28-2010, 10:38 PM
OC was quoted saying he wouldn't stoop to coach JeffHCross levelThem's fighting words ;)

And he's not a starter! That's half the problem when I use Mass Subs (which I often do) lol

Escobar
12-28-2010, 10:40 PM
FSU wins on last second FG despite throwing 4 interceptions with lag+bump n run all game+hfa for QB Trickett lol
FSUs D shuts down Clemsons normal offense and only gave up big plays where it was user vs user, not sure how he had such great body control with all the lag, good sticks escobar.

Anticipation, and patience. I turn off auto sprint and don't sprint until I hit the open field. Since I was a RB turned WR/KR when I played football I have good vision can see the running lanes open up. I just wish I didn't have to play with almost a full squad of backups due to injury on Offense.

gschwendt
12-29-2010, 12:37 AM
Do we have any word on KP?
According to his post in the Week 10 thread, he was planning to get back today (Tuesday).

fsuprime
12-29-2010, 01:28 AM
Anticipation, and patience. I turn off auto sprint and don't sprint until I hit the open field. Since I was a RB turned WR/KR when I played football I have good vision can see the running lanes open up. I just wish I didn't have to play with almost a full squad of backups due to injury on Offense.

ah i was just mainly talking about the catching of deep balls ;)

yea your team is beat up, havent looked ahead to next season yet, should be interesting what u put together

psuexv
12-29-2010, 07:50 AM
Them's fighting words ;)

And he's not a starter! That's half the problem when I use Mass Subs (which I often do) lol

Oh I see, I guess I thought I remembered seeing somewhere where you felt embarrassed about running up his stats :)

It may be worth thinking about in the future to give some of our other receivers more playing time and more numbers by pulling Jimmy earlier in blowouts."

And this message board is dead I've got to do something to liven it up.

Oneback
12-29-2010, 09:39 AM
I'm sorry with everyone scattered this week and having a bye week myself, I have been focusing on an upcoming task that I need to get ready for and haven't been online a lot. With all this free time I think I am becoming over prepared for my upcoming work trip.

Kingpin32
12-29-2010, 12:21 PM
I'm back home now. I got to run a few errands today, but I plan to get my game in sometime today.

fsuprime
12-29-2010, 01:14 PM
the earlier u can get it in the more chance i have of getting my week 12 game (if i have one, or recruiting) in before i leave for atlanta tonight

JeffHCross
12-29-2010, 01:18 PM
Oh I see, I guess I thought I remembered seeing somewhere where you felt embarrassed about running up his stats :)Less embarrassed, more apologetic. Lol. In that game I pulled the starters, called maybe five pass plays the rest of the game, and he was wide open on all five. It was ridiculous.

gschwendt
12-29-2010, 07:45 PM
Advance!!!!!!!!!!

JeffHCross
12-29-2010, 07:48 PM
Lol, G must have Game Recaps sent to his phone or something. I was just checking myself ... looks like the Dynasty Wire story isn't up yet, but the Schedule tab does show Kingpin's game as being played. A close 35-28 victory over Cal.

gschwendt
12-29-2010, 07:50 PM
Lol, G must have Game Recaps sent to his phone or something. I was just checking myself ... looks like the Dynasty Wire story isn't up yet, but the Schedule tab does show Kingpin's game as being played. A close 35-28 victory over Cal.
Email alert... Ive got a Chrome extension that pops up whenever I get new emails.

Oneback
12-29-2010, 08:01 PM
Advancing Now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gschwendt
12-29-2010, 08:06 PM
Advancing Now!!!!!!!!!!!!!Not sure if anyone has noticed but I'm anxious for next season.

Oneback
12-29-2010, 08:13 PM
Same here, My #1 rated defense will all be true Juniors and my offense will be a lot more balanced as Gardner will have a year of starting under his belt and I'll actually have some WR's that are worth the pixels on my screen.

JeffHCross
12-29-2010, 08:18 PM
Email alert... Ive got a Chrome extension that pops up whenever I get new emails.Ah. I get the Dynasty Wire Weekly Updates sent to my email, which I have set to forward to my phone ... but I don't get the Game Recaps. Not enough info in them to make it worth it, imo.

I am not looking forward to Week 13 or next season.

psuexv
12-30-2010, 07:39 AM
Not sure if anyone has noticed but I'm anxious for next season.

Ditto - plus the end of this season. Trojan-nation is on the edge of their seats watching the scoreboards hoping for 2 teams to fall and a slide into the MNC.

Papa LoneStar
12-30-2010, 02:41 PM
Ditto....I think I am more excited about the "training progression" than anything....I'm sure I'll have an A+ team next season....definitely gotta take advantage. The schedule will be on my side with USC/Oregon at home....OU is neutral....just gotta travel to Ann Arbor in which should be an epic battle between an A+ offense vs an A+ defense.

JeffHCross
12-30-2010, 03:27 PM
I would say don't forget about A&M, but ... yeah.

Papa LoneStar
12-30-2010, 04:36 PM
I thought you were just saying that due to frustration. We canceled the game in Austin due to conflicting schedules, but you want to have each other on the schedule EVERY season? lol

JeffHCross
12-30-2010, 07:26 PM
You clearly didn't read this post: http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?386-General-Discussion-Thread&p=31472&viewfull=1#post31472 lol

We cancelled the game in Austin 'cause you whipped my ass in the Rose Bowl and I didn't feel like visiting Austin three "weeks" later. :D :D :D

Papa LoneStar
12-30-2010, 10:28 PM
lol