PDA

View Full Version : Stay with current team or move on?

BPHusker
12-23-2010, 09:17 AM
I am in an OD with Minnesota, but am thinking about moving to Oregon, who has had a crappy season, but pretty good talent on the roster.

Minnesota was a 3* team in Year 1 of the dynasty and I built them into a 5*, with Back-To-Back Rose Bowl appearances, a Gator Bowl, just recently the Capital One Bowl. They have also finished in the Top 25 each year I've been there.

Oregon dropped from 5* to 3* over the last 4 years and finished 4-8 in the last season. They have decent talent (mostly Juniors), better than Minnesota, so that is kind of a draw to go to them.

I am think I want to try to build up Oregon into a contender again, like I did with Minnesota.

Here are the current rosters... what would you guys do? Would you continue to build up Minnesota or go to Oregon where I may have the chance (slight maybe) to surprise people and make a run at a conference championship.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...CKWh2-0L#gid=0

cdj
12-23-2010, 09:47 AM
How long have you been at Minnesota and what is your record there?

The doc didn't load correctly for me.

BPHusker
12-23-2010, 10:05 AM
How long have you been at Minnesota and what is your record there?

The doc didn't load correctly for me.
I have been at Minnesota for 4 years. I think I have went somewhere around 45-10 over 4 years.

psuexv
12-23-2010, 10:09 AM
I think it depends on the overall landscape and direction of the dynasty. Are there other users that you play in the Big Ten or users you would play in the Pac 10? Are you looking for user games or beating the CPU?

cdj
12-23-2010, 10:14 AM
I would say move, but I put up similar numbers and I stayed with my original program a few years longer. I think Oregon wouldn't be as much of a challenge like Minny was to start with.

BPHusker
12-23-2010, 10:25 AM
I think it depends on the overall landscape and direction of the dynasty. Are there other users that you play in the Big Ten or users you would play in the Pac 10? Are you looking for user games or beating the CPU?

I currently have 1 BigTen user to play and I will have 1 Pac-10 user to play. Our league plays 4 users on a rotating schedule, so no matter where I go, I will have one user to contend for the conference championship.

oweb26
12-23-2010, 10:25 AM
Oregon isn't a big challange but there is a lcak of talent that you will get there, just do to location. Thre is never a ton of talnet coming out of Oregon on the game, but the upside is I think it just gives you TExas and Cali as pipelines. Every dynasty I have been in Oregon always becomes crappy just becasue of location, but I never leave until I win a couple of Nat. Titles at least.

Go to TCU I promise you will be crapped on every year in the game, its pretty easy to get talent but hard to win a title. I love it.

psuexv
12-23-2010, 10:29 AM
I currently have 1 BigTen user to play and I will have 1 Pac-10 user to play. Our league plays 4 users on a rotating schedule, so no matter where I go, I will have one user to contend for the conference championship.

Gotcha - I would stay where you are then. 4 years you are starting to bring in your own team. I'd give it 2 more years to see what you can do with your talent.

BPHusker
12-23-2010, 10:38 AM
Gotcha - I would stay where you are then. 4 years you are starting to bring in your own team. I'd give it 2 more years to see what you can do with your talent.

Yeah... I think I will just stay. It will let me get them to a possible 6th star and play with a team that is truly my own.