PDA

View Full Version : Anybody still play often?

xMrHitStickx904
12-22-2010, 05:25 PM
It's been awhile since i've played games against the community, anybody still playing alot?

JBHuskers
12-22-2010, 07:08 PM
Oh yeah....it's basically just in OD's but I'm in four of them.

gschwendt
12-22-2010, 09:28 PM
Yeah, I'm the same with JB... I'm in 3 ODs, though over the holidays I expect them to slow down so certainly willing to play some Play Now games if anyone is interested.

ram29jackson
12-22-2010, 09:47 PM
I've played around 5 online games this week and 0ne in 2k8 haha and a teambuilder unranked

JeffHCross
12-22-2010, 10:08 PM
Like JB and G ... in ODs and my one offline OD. I don't play any random Online, even against people I know.

Rudy
12-23-2010, 06:42 AM
Not online but I'm in my 7th year with Michigan. Just had my greatest game this morning (#1 with a little over 1500 score) in a loss to LSU. I was leading 17-14 and blew it. Was #1 and then fell behind Alabama who I just beat in the first game of the year (we're both 2-1). I know it would be too hard for EA to account for head to head games for every team in the polls but I think they should use head to head logic for Top 10 teams with the same record. It would make it easier to stomach.

I do find that switching things up keeps it interesting. I ran a tradition offense for a few years. Ran a spread for 2-3 seasons and am now back to traditional. I've also increased game speed from Slow to Normal. And I went back to AA from Heisman. Nice changes.

P.S. I beat Bama in Tuscaloosa. NO good reason why they should be #5 while I'm #7 and I started out as #1.

Iron Dragon
12-23-2010, 07:15 AM
I haven't played a general online game since August.

Was in four ODs, then one died out, and then I left two to get some more time and remain in Powerhouse.

Just started an Alabama "death penalty" offline dynasty in the last few days and we're currently terrible. Might transfer the report over here when I'm not lazy. :D

Kwizzy
12-23-2010, 07:56 AM
I had stopped playing a little while back because there were a few issues I got really frustrated with. Then I realized I hadn't started over with the sliders I was using since all of the patches and tuning sets had come out, only made small adjustments. I started over from default AA and have been slowly tweaking the sliders. I'm getting REALLY close to a set that gives me a really good experience so I'm hopeful I can start a new dynasty that will hold me over until 12 comes out (or most of the way anyway).

psuexv
12-23-2010, 08:01 AM
I expect them to slow down so certainly willing to play some Play Now games if anyone is interested.

The Admins should throw together the 2010 The Gaming Tailgate Holiday Tournament to kill the time while ODs are slow.

CLW
12-23-2010, 08:22 AM
The Admins should throw together the 2010 The Gaming Tailgate Holiday Tournament to kill the time while ODs are slow.

Great idea!

I'm still playing in my offline dynasty (Duke) and in 2 ODs.

JBHuskers
12-23-2010, 08:24 AM
Like JB and G ... in ODs and my one offline OD. I don't play any random Online, even against people I know.

Yah I'm in an offline one I just started last week with Nebraska using the Luvtotha9s roster with some tweaks on the Husker side.

BPHusker
12-23-2010, 09:18 AM
I'd join in... sounds like fun.

cdj
12-23-2010, 09:51 AM

Great idea!

Sign-ups now open (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?1439-2010-The-Gaming-Tailgate-Holiday-Tournaments&p=35096#post35096).

WhoIsDo
12-23-2010, 10:37 AM
I haven't been playing recently, but after I get through with all of the Christmas/family time.. I'm planning on starting again. Might just be the excitement of the bowl season, but I miss playing the game!

xMrHitStickx904
12-23-2010, 10:38 AM
OD's sound like a lot of fun, I haven't done any since 10', definitely looking to get back into one.

cdj
12-23-2010, 10:45 AM
I haven't been playing recently, but after I get through with all of the Christmas/family time.. I'm planning on starting again. Might just be the excitement of the bowl season, but I miss playing the game!

My interest and passion for the game always gets invigorated around this time of year as well!

OD's sound like a lot of fun, I haven't done any since 10', definitely looking to get back into one.

You should look into joining the site's 360 OD. JB would know more, but I think we have an open spot or two. We advance twice a week.

Right now, I play in the site OD on both PS3 & 360, so that's four games a week maybe more if we get ahead of pace. I feel like I have abandoned my 1-man Nebraska OD, but I plan on getting back into it sometime over the holidays.

jaymo76
12-23-2010, 01:28 PM
I played myself out in the summer and fall but now that I am finished my Madden season I will be sharing time between NCAA Football and NCAA basketball. My gaming most picks up after all the bowls and the super bowl when the sports duldrums set in.

xMrHitStickx904
12-25-2010, 10:28 PM
Where is the link for the site's OD?

gschwendt
12-25-2010, 10:31 PM
Where is the link for the site's OD?

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?32-The-Gaming-Tailgate-OD-(360)

JerzeyReign
12-26-2010, 05:04 AM
I still play. I only play in one online dynasty. Limiting the number of online dynasties you play in keeps you from getting bored. Plus, we're currently in Season 5 so activity is a big part as well;)

sl8b
12-26-2010, 10:46 AM
I pretty much play ncaa or madden every day. I'm in one OD (cm legacy on ps3) and we're in year 4 I think. I play the occasional random online madden game, but mostly it's ncaa. I picked up ch2k8 but haven't really started anything yet.

jaymo76
01-03-2011, 01:29 PM
After playing Madden for a few weeks I came back to NCAA last night and played two dynasty games. It's was really shocking for me to see how different the games play and feel. I have been outspoken about how dissapointed I have been with Madden this year. However, I am absolutely shocked with the contrast now AFTER MADDEN'S FIFTH PATCH. Madden's Defense is really strong and running the ball is excellent (the passing game is still way too easy still...). The gameplay actually rivals NCAA now IMO. If you haven't played Madden post patch five, give it a try and then try NCAA... you will notice significant differences (plus NCAA just seems so, so much faster... and I play on slow).

oweb26
01-03-2011, 03:50 PM
I still play quite often and we are in season 15.....lol. Yeah getting games in are extrememly important to keeping the game fun. Whats even funnier is durign xmas no one was on the game, and we all came back even though we have other games to play.

prime9
01-09-2011, 04:52 PM
I play all the time, the game is great.

prime9
01-09-2011, 04:53 PM
Not online but I'm in my 7th year with Michigan. Just had my greatest game this morning (#1 with a little over 1500 score) in a loss to LSU. I was leading 17-14 and blew it. Was #1 and then fell behind Alabama who I just beat in the first game of the year (we're both 2-1). I know it would be too hard for EA to account for head to head games for every team in the polls but I think they should use head to head logic for Top 10 teams with the same record. It would make it easier to stomach.

I do find that switching things up keeps it interesting. I ran a tradition offense for a few years. Ran a spread for 2-3 seasons and am now back to traditional. I've also increased game speed from Slow to Normal. And I went back to AA from Heisman. Nice changes.

P.S. I beat Bama in Tuscaloosa. NO good reason why they should be #5 while I'm #7 and I started out as #1.

You can't expect anything from EA Sports. I went 13-1 in an online dynasty (winning the SEC) and two 2-loss teams made the National Championship instead of me :confused:

HawkFan
01-10-2011, 12:00 PM
Yeah I still play often, I usually play a game a day if you average out the week. The thing that has kept me going strong has been the two online dynasties that I am in. I love playing in both of them because of the caliber of people in both. Plus with dynasty wire, recruiting and talking smack and having close games with humans I am still very interested. Along with those I have my personal offline dynasty that I use to have fun but also test playbooks for my online games and try and trophy hunt.