PDA

View Full Version : MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! Yeah I said it...

jaymo76
12-19-2010, 07:26 PM
This is a bit of a rant but I need to vent. Let me start by wishing you all a "MERRY CHRISTMAS & A HAPPY NEW YEAR!" I am so frustrated by the politically correct BS North American society attitudes with regards to Christmas. It is not a crime to say Merry Christmas. No one should be offended by this. If you don't celebrate Christmas then fine, but please don't enfringe on others who do. That is all I am really asking for.

At Toys R Us today I said Merry Christmas to the cashier and she told me she wasn't allowed to say it back because the manger thought it may offend people. Perhaps the manger noticed an increase in shoppers.... hmmmm could they be buying gifts for Christmas???

Facts:

I celebrate Christmas (gift giving and religious)
All of my friends and family celebrate Christmas
I have a Muslim friend and two sikh friends... both celebrate Christmas with their young families
Whether you like it or not N.A. (Canda and the USA) are founded on these types of Judeo-Christian traditions
They are NOT called holiday trees... what exactly is a holiday tree anyways???
We are not celebrating Winter solstice (stop saying happy winter holidays)
Did anyone notice the CHRISTMAS shows on TV???? etc etc etc

Once again, MERRY CHRISTMAS to all who celebrate.

steelerfan
12-19-2010, 07:29 PM
Happy Holidays! :P

jaymo76
12-19-2010, 07:47 PM
Happy Holidays! :P

I find that statement insulting to all the NON-holidays in the calendar :)

morsdraconis
12-19-2010, 11:58 PM
I just don't say Merry Christmas at all. Happy Holidays. None of that shit, unless spoken to me first. I work in a place where I speak with customers quite often. If they say Merry Christmas, then I will say thank you and Merry Christmas to you too but I definitely won't say it to them first.

I "celebrate" Christmas, but it's a hollow holiday for me. It basically has lost all meaning besides mindless consumerism and continues to facilitate the "I want everything that everyone else has" syndrome. So, I "celebrate" it out of family tradition, purchase gifts for my parents, and move on with my life. I don't expect anything in return. Why? I basically have everything I want already because I buy it when I want to buy it and not wait for some retarded holiday that expects me to buy it then.

Rudy
12-20-2010, 05:52 AM
I agree Jaymo. The PC nature around it is ridiculous. It's not a holiday tree. It's a Christmas tree!

Merry Christmas!! I love Christmas! Giving gifts is often more fun that getting them! It's a great time for family and fun and celebrating the season and the reason for it.

psusnoop
12-20-2010, 05:21 PM
I love Christmas, can't wait to see my childrens face in the morning. It really is something special to see them light up like that.

CLW
12-20-2010, 05:23 PM
Well this should certainly get your blood flowing jaymo:

http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/checker.aspx?v=hd6U8z8zSU

jaymo76
12-20-2010, 09:15 PM
Well this should certainly get your blood flowing jaymo:

http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/checker.aspx?v=hd6U8z8zSU

Yup, that is a perfect description of what I am talking about. Well, whatever, on December 25th it will be Christmas and watching my family open their presents and celebrate as a family, no amount of PC B.S. can ruin that experience for me.

SmoothPancakes
12-21-2010, 01:47 AM
Amen. I have to do my morning show on Christmas morning, and you can guaran-damn-tee that I am going to be saying Merry Christmas a great many times throughout the morning while I'm on air. And if anyone listening has a problem with it, well they can kiss my ass. I celebrate Christmas, I say Merry Christmas, anyone finds that offensive, too damn bad. Grow some fucking balls and deal with it. I'm respectful of the holidays of others, so they can shove their PC opinions up their ass and be respectful of my decisions to celebrate and say the word Christmas or else just deal with it.

psuexv
12-21-2010, 09:40 AM
And this is why I celebrate Festivus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQFLqMyo0fo

ram29jackson
12-24-2010, 06:04 PM
had a great time last night ! and will have a great time tonight !

and why ? Because its CHRISTMAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a material level, i do hate this year because I couldnt shop or even window shop or even for myself. But I still get a couple great nights with large families of friends !!

gschwendt
12-24-2010, 11:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrZdvW6BBkc

This special dedication goes out to CLW for beating me in the TGT tourney.

CLW
12-25-2010, 06:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrZdvW6BBkc

This special dedication goes out to CLW for beating me in the TGT tourney.

LOL thanks man Merry Christmas to everyone here in the TGT!

cdj
12-25-2010, 10:32 AM
Merry Christmas, everyone!

And Happy Holidays to jaymo! :P

UGA14
12-25-2010, 11:25 AM
I like Christmas for the few days off and chance to spend it with my family. I cannot, however, stand the amount of shiat people buy. It's not about going broke and putting everything on layaway... and it's not about asking someone to buy you 47,000 things.

Rudy
12-25-2010, 12:57 PM
Merry Christmas! Pretty busy with the family at this time. Be back more in a couple days. Have a safe and happy Christmas day everyone!

jaymo76
12-25-2010, 02:06 PM
Merry Christmas to all the members of the gaming tailgate site and all of your friends and family as well. Have a great day and a [U]safe[U] commute home.