PDA

View Full Version : Week 8, 2013

Oneback
12-15-2010, 06:20 PM
=============== #10 Oklahoma Sooners (3-2) ===============
Last week the Sooners were idle.
This week, the Sooners travel to Lubbock to face the Texas Tech Red Raiders (2-3).
In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) LG Ryan Bates has committed to Missouri
- (****) QB Brandon Rodgers has committed to Arizona State
- (****) MLB George Gordon has committed to Georgia Tech
- (*****) QB Joe Adams has committed to Michigan
- (****) FS Antonio Crews has committed to Wisconsin
- (****) MLB Anthony Curry has committed to TCU
- (****) RG Darryl Montoya has committed to Oklahoma

=============== #20 Clemson Tigers (5-2) ===============
Last week, Clemson won 24-21 against NC State (2-4).
This week, the Tigers will host Duke (2-4).
In recruiting news, the following Clemson targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) CB Jonathan Burke has committed to Wisconsin
- (****) C Luke Burns has committed to Utah
- (****) FS Greg Young has committed to Miami

=============== #2 Florida State Seminoles (7-0) ===============
Last week, Florida State won 63-28 against Miami (4-2).
This week, the Seminoles will host Houston (3-3).
In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) SS Robin Garrison has committed to Florida State
- (*****) LG John Barnes has committed to Florida State
- (*****) DT Patrick Clark has committed to Florida State
- (*****) CB Joe DeLoach has committed to Florida State

=============== #17 Miami Hurricanes (4-2) ===============
Last week, Miami lost 63-28 against Florida State (7-0).
This week, the Hurricanes will host Georgia Tech (4-2).
In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) CB Broderick Burgess has committed to Georgia
- (****) WR Tyler Richardson has committed to Florida
- (*****) LT Benjamin Byrd has committed to TCU
- (****) C Antoine Jefferson has committed to Penn State
- (*****) DT Patrick Clark has committed to Florida State

=============== #1 Michigan Wolverines (7-0) ===============
Last week, Michigan won 66-6 against Minnesota (2-3).
This week, the Wolverines will host #4 Penn State (6-1).
In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) RE Jeremy Allen has committed to Michigan
- (*****) RT Brian Miles has committed to Alabama
- (*****) CB Andre Clark has committed to Texas

=============== #8 Ohio State Buckeyes (5-1) ===============
Last week, Ohio State lost 45-42 against Penn State (6-1).
This week, the Buckeyes will host Michigan State (1-4).
In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) LOLB Rob Callahan has committed to Ohio State
- (****) MLB Chase Mitchell has committed to Ohio State

=============== #4 Penn State Nittany Lions (6-1) ===============
Last week, Penn State won 45-42 against Ohio State (5-1).
This week, the Nittany Lions travel to Ann Arbor to face the #1 Michigan Wolverines (7-0).
In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) C Antoine Jefferson has committed to Penn State

=============== #14 Oregon Ducks (3-2) ===============
Last week the Ducks were idle.
This week, the Ducks travel to College Station to face the Texas A&M Aggies (3-3).
In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) ROLB James Foster has committed to Notre Dame
- (****) CB Lance Sapp has committed to Utah

=============== #3 USC Trojans (5-1) ===============
Last week, USC won 49-10 against Notre Dame (3-2).
This week, the Trojans are idle.
In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) CB Broderick Burgess has committed to Georgia
- (****) WR Michael Bolen has committed to Stanford
- (*****) DT Ryan Tompkins has committed to TCU
- (****) WR Justin Bryant has committed to Texas
- (****) DT Andre Parker has committed to Nebraska
- (****) MLB Chase Mitchell has committed to Ohio State
- (****) MLB Lawrence McGrew has committed to Georgia Tech

=============== #16 Virginia Tech Hokies (5-2) ===============
Last week, Virginia Tech won 23-16 against USF (2-3).
This week, the Hokies will host Maryland (2-4).
In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) LOLB Rob Callahan has committed to Ohio State
- (***) TE Spencer Nunez has committed to Pittsburgh
- (****) CB Chad Long has committed to Georgia Tech
- (****) HB Nick Davis has committed to Boston College
- (***) WR Aaron Justice has committed to Virginia Tech
- (***) FS David Scott has committed to Virginia Tech
- (****) SS Robin Garrison has committed to Florida State

=============== #7 Texas Longhorns (5-1) ===============
Last week, Texas won 70-7 against Texas Tech (2-3).
This week, the Longhorns travel to Berkeley to face the Cal Golden Bears (0-5).
In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) P Shane Grant has committed to Texas
- (****) WR Justin Bryant has committed to Texas

=============== #9 Wisconsin Badgers (5-2) ===============
Last week, Wisconsin won 55-14 against Northwestern (1-4).
This week, the Badgers travel to Minneapolis to face the Minnesota Golden Gophers (2-3).
In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
- (*) FB Marvin Duncan has committed to Wisconsin
- (***) P Anthony Ferwerda has committed to Wisconsin
- (****) FS Antonio Crews has committed to Wisconsin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oneback
12-15-2010, 06:21 PM
Texas, FSU and Bama you are now on my shit list.

JeffHCross
12-15-2010, 06:23 PM
Holy commits to everyone.

fsuprime
12-15-2010, 06:27 PM
im just glad papa could not steal my CB, I was shocked to see that LG soft committed to u oneback lol. Getting the SS was clutch cause i only have 1 returning next year...im screwed at FB though and i did not like any of the HBs i actually had a shot at :/

JeffHCross
12-15-2010, 07:53 PM
As the 2nd quarter starts, Ohio State will be running its 5th offensive play of the game.

1 INT
1 sack
1 TD
1 15 yard pass that ran out the quarter.

JeffHCross
12-15-2010, 08:50 PM
In muddy, rainy, and cold conditions that should have been death for any offense, Ohio State wins 57-34. While the game was close for the first half, especially the first quarter (after which OSU trailed 17-7), the Buckeyes pulled away in the second half. And it would have been much worse except for Buckeye inefficiency on 3rd down. An anemic 3/10 conversion rate led to five Buckeye field goals. After the game, fans could only wonder what it would have been like to witness a 77-34 victory. As it was, the Buckeyes outscored Michigan State 50-17 after the 1st quarter.

Despite being injured for the rest of the game after a 3rd quarter pass, Senior backup QB Mark Garcia led the way with 407 yards on 21/32 passing. For the game, the Buckeyes racked up a ridiculous 605 yards on 36 completions. Continuing the trend of a different Buckeye receiver having a career day every week, Senior WR Dee Miller caught 9 balls for 139 yards and 2 TDs. Heisman candidate Jimmy Redmond only caught 4 passes for 49 yards before being knocked from the game in the 2nd quarter.

psuexv
12-16-2010, 08:17 AM
Holy commits to everyone.

Don't let that long list fool you. The USC list doesn't have anybody coming to LA

psusnoop
12-16-2010, 02:01 PM
Don't let that long list fool you. The USC list doesn't have anybody coming to LA

What is up with so many misses? Did you just fill your board or something for something to do or did you completely whiff on all these guys. If so OUCH

psuexv
12-16-2010, 02:05 PM
A little bit of both. Most of them were long shots but some of them hurt.... #1 CB Andre Clark for instance.

psuexv
12-16-2010, 03:21 PM
What is our estimate on an advance? Only one user game that should be played tonight.

Papa LoneStar
12-16-2010, 04:17 PM
The Longhorns slap around the winless California teddy Bears 73-10 on the road.

Longhorn offense: 488 offensive yards (285 air, 203 ground)

QB Carlos McDaniel, FrRS: 10-16 241 yards 4 TD 0 INT

RB Traylon Shead, JrRS: 15 car 153 yards 1 TD

WR Chris Jones, JrRS: 2 rec 64 yards 1 TD; 3 KR 121 yards 1 TD; 5 PR 40 yards

WR Mike Davis, JrRS: 3 rec 112 yards 1 TD

WR Darius Terrell, JrRS: 3 rec 53 yards TD

WR Darius White, JrRS: 3 rec 38 yards 1 TD

Longhorn defense: 222 yards allowed, 3 points allowed while on the field, 2-12 3rd down conversions allowed, 4 turnovers forced, 6 sacks, 11 TFL, 1 FG allowed in 3 redzone trips

MLB Jordan Hicks, JrRS: 9 tackles (4 TFL), 1 sack, 73 yard INT-TD

OLB Caleb Sanders, JrRS: 7 tackles

CB Michael Carter, JrRS: 5 tackles (1 TFL), 1 INT

DE Reggie Wilson, JrRS: 5 tackles (1 TFL), 1 sack, 98 yard fumble return for TD

DE Jackson Jeffcoat, JrRS: 2 tackles, 2 sacks

CB Bryant Jackson, Sr: 3 tackles, 34 yard INT-TD

Longhorn fun fact vs Cal:

94 yard TD by Shead - 7:18, 4th
34 yard INT-TD by Jackson - 7:09, 4th
98 yard FUMBLE-TD by Wilson - 5:27, 4th

Next up: BYE in week 9....Week 10 vs Oklahoma State....2:30pm central on ABC....in Austin, TX

Oneback
12-16-2010, 10:12 PM
Michigan's defense dominates again allowing only 207 yards in a 30-10 victory over Penn State.

In a game where both offense struggled and had to fight for every yard the Wolverine defense rose to the challenge limiting the Penn State offense to 57 yards rushing on 18 carries and 150 yards through the air on 11 of 25 passing.

Offense:
QB Devin Gardner - 7/9 for 105 yards and a touchdown
HB Nick Cleveland - 23 carries for 105 yards
HB Fitzgerald Toussaint - 5 carries for 76 yards and 2 touchdowns
WR James Ferguson - 4 rec for 64 yards and a touchdown

Defense:
ROLB William Logan - 5 tackles, 1 TFL
MLB Mike Carter - 5 tackles, 2 TFL
DT Jesse Williams - 1 sack
RE Chris Haynes - 2 tackles, 1 sack

psusnoop
12-16-2010, 10:32 PM
Heck of a game Oneback, well played. Now that it is over I feel I abandoned the run game in the second half. Not sure why either. Damn this one was frustrating, your defense came to play that is for sure. There weren't any turnovers were there? Just a good solid game. U caught me on that 4th and one at my 42 in an audible just as u snapped the ball. Man was that outside wide open.

Oneback
12-16-2010, 10:42 PM
No turnovers, there were three dropped interceptions by my defense however. I knocked your running back out of the game for a little bit and I either knocked two of your quarterbacks or one twice out of the game.

You kept trying to run the ball in the first half so I started to key on that and started to stop/slow you down, once I was able to do that I started to build a lead and forced you to throw the ball which with the coverage ability of my defense I felt pretty good in being able to hold you in check.

On that fourth and inches I was betting on you bringing heat inside like you did the series previous so I put in Toussaint who is my fast back and just pitched it, caught you in the right defense and there was no one out there.

Although I was 7-9 passing you could probably tell I wasn't all that comfortable throwing the ball and I knew if my defense held up as they have all season and I kept pounding the rock I'd be able to break through late in the game and while I never really got that long gain late I was able to sustain drives and put up points.

It was an awesome game, it wasn't filled with highlights but it was an old fashion Big 10 slugfest between two teams that weren't going to budge. I'm just glad I was able to come away victorious.

Now I've got to turn my attention to Ohio State and hope I can overcome that mental block this season...heres to hoping.

ryby6969
12-16-2010, 11:18 PM
I will play my game tomorrow night after work.(around 8pm est)

fsuprime
12-17-2010, 02:00 AM
sounds like an epic game oneback/psu

welcome rybyrbyrbybrybrybrybr see you in the acc title game (i think its locked in right now, no offense to va tech)

ryby6969
12-17-2010, 07:02 AM

welcome rybyrbyrbybrybrybrybr see you in the acc title game (i think its locked in right now, no offense to va tech)

Thanks. Actually VT and I are tied and we play in a few weeks.

psusnoop
12-17-2010, 07:20 AM

It was a very good game.

Lick my wounds and shoot for the Rose Bowl this year, hoping a rematch against Texas and papa is a possibility.

Oneback
12-17-2010, 07:49 AM
I am hoping to have the video up sometime this weekend, not 100% sure though as its going to be a busy one.

psusnoop
12-17-2010, 09:05 AM
Just the first half please, as the second half was played by a fool....LOL

psuexv
12-17-2010, 09:18 AM
The end of the year should be interesting. If Jeff can take down Michigan again and Snoop beats Wisky there could be a 3 way tie for the Big Ten. I must say I was really hoping for a PSU win and then a PSU loss to Wisky as the Trojans dreams of a MNC are fading fast.

It was a very good game.

Lick my wounds and shoot for the Rose Bowl this year, hoping a rematch against Texas and papa is a possibility.

USC has the Rose Bowl as long as it doesn't stumble at Oregon State this year.

Oneback
12-17-2010, 09:30 AM
Just the first half please, as the second half was played by a fool....LOL

I will say though, that's what my defense has done all season long. In the first half (namely the first opponent drive) I'll give up points then as the game progresses my defense tightens the noose, it's been a lot of fun playing with this group. I imagine its a lot like what Papa was playing with last year in Alabama. For the most part I've been able to shut down the running game without sending extra people or bringing and extra guy up and against the pass when there is a completion I've got multiple guys in the area to bring the reciever down quickly. I've rarely given up a big play aside from when I make a wrong adjustment and my guys are totally out of position like when I accidentally call cover 2 and adjust the safeties like I am playing cover 3 and only have one player deep.

Other than 2 guys in the front seven all my guys are true sophomores as well, I cannot wait to see what they will be like next year and possibly the year after. I will only loose 3 guys from this defense next year and I've got guys ready to step up and take their place.

Right now I think my team is a year ahead of schedule as going into this season I knew I had some holes to fill, I figured next season would be the one where I became a dominate force. We'll see how the rest of the season plays out, but so far things are looking good.

Oneback
12-17-2010, 09:32 AM
The end of the year should be interesting. If Jeff can take down Michigan again and Snoop beats Wisky there could be a 3 way tie for the Big Ten. I must say I was really hoping for a PSU win and then a PSU loss to Wisky as the Trojans dreams of a MNC are fading fast.

USC has the Rose Bowl as long as it doesn't stumble at Oregon State this year.

Let's hope another late season collapse against Ohio State is not in the cards. I will say though Jeff's team looks stacked and he's obviously had my number. I'll be nervous going into the game.

psusnoop
12-17-2010, 09:51 AM
This is going to be one crazy finish with lots of jockeying for position in bowl games at stake.

I'm nervous as heck for my looming game against Wisky.

I think next year I'm going to back away from 6 user games and shoot for 5 maybe 4 pending on Big 10 schedule.

psuexv
12-17-2010, 12:34 PM
Let's hope another late season collapse against Ohio State is not in the cards. I will say though Jeff's team looks stacked and he's obviously had my number. I'll be nervous going into the game.

Well considering it's my only hope at the MNC and a small one at that since I could see Texas jumping me, I've got to pull for history.

psuexv
12-17-2010, 12:35 PM

Well considering it's my only hope at the MNC and a small one at that since I could see Texas jumping me, I've got to pull for history.

psuexv
12-17-2010, 01:14 PM

*cough*Escobar*cough*bulletin board material*cough*

Papa LoneStar
12-17-2010, 03:21 PM
Haha....indeed

Iron Dragon
12-17-2010, 04:55 PM
Starting my game now.

ryby6969
12-17-2010, 05:41 PM
Miami and GT kicking off in a few minutes.

Iron Dragon
12-17-2010, 05:55 PM
#10 Sooners beat Texas Tech 63-28 finishing game on 56-7 run

Passing offense was sloppy with 5 INTs but alot of them seemed to be "Superman" LBs and DBs making incredible leaps and no play was a bad throw by Bell. Kenny Stills also dropped an early punt which was returned for six.

Drew Allen came in and threw a late garbage TD to Brett Muse with the backups in who broke a tackle on 3rd & 13 and went for the score.

The ground game killed the TTU defense as Clay ran for 120 and a TD, Finch 146 and a TD, Webster had 47 and 2 TDs, and Lawson had a TD.

Four different recievers hauled in TDs: Stills, Richardson, Muse and Millard.

The Sooner defense played a great game after trying to defend short fields early. Corey Nelson forced and recovered two fumbles including blocking a punt and recovering it at the one-yard line which set up a Nick Webster TD.

The game would have could have been much uglier as Oklahoma had 5 1st half turnovers but racked up 600+ yards with a balanced day: 321 rushing, 348 passing. They forced TTU to punt 7 times and forced three turnovers.

JeffHCross
12-17-2010, 06:30 PM
The end of the year should be interesting. If Jeff can take down Michigan againThe fact that Michigan clearly has a defense may be the difference maker.

ryby6969
12-17-2010, 06:41 PM
Miami rebounds from last week by shutting out GT 59-0. The keys to the game were the Miami running game and their defense. The running game chewed up 282 yards and 5 touchdowns while the defense/special teams accounted for 3 more scores. GT was held to 140 total yards including -2 yards rushing. They also were forced into 7 turnovers,(4 fumbles 3 ints) 3 of which were returned to the house.

The running game was led by Storm Johnson as he had 176yards and 4TD's on 22 carries. Backup Nate Lewis came in and managed 95yards on 17 carries and the number three back Derek Scales had 9 yards and a score.

psusnoop
12-17-2010, 07:29 PM
So who remains?

JeffHCross
12-17-2010, 07:39 PM
Off hand, I don't think anyone. Eric claimed there was only one user game remaining, and I would think that was ID's game since ryby wasn't in the league at the time.

ryby6969
12-17-2010, 07:43 PM
According to the console singer and kingpin are left.

Oneback
12-17-2010, 08:05 PM
As ryby said only RC and KingPin are left texting now.

psusnoop
12-17-2010, 08:23 PM
that a commish, get them going! Just having fun guys!

Oneback
12-17-2010, 08:25 PM
Heard from KingPin, he is going to play tonight or tomorrow. He's got some friends graduating so he's not 100% sure.

If we don't advance by 6pm tomorrow night it's not going to happen until sometime on Sunday as my companies holiday party is tomorrow night.

psuexv
12-17-2010, 09:40 PM
Off hand, I don't think anyone. Eric claimed there was only one user game remaining, and I would think that was ID's game since ryby wasn't in the league at the time.

I actually meant only one user/user game. The PSU Mich game.

JeffHCross
12-17-2010, 09:49 PM
I actually meant only one user/user game.Ah. That makes a looooottttttttt more sense. :D

Papa LoneStar
12-18-2010, 10:58 AM
Ugh....nothing like waiting to advance to a BYE week :-(

Oneback
12-18-2010, 02:51 PM
RC is on his way home from Xmas shopping and will get on when he gets home. KingPin said he will play at 530p. If he happens to be done before I leave for the Xmas party I will advance, if not it will be tomorrow once I wake up.