PDA

View Full Version : Mass Effect 3 (PS3, 360, PC)

I OU a Beatn
12-12-2010, 05:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZGFjBmD41Q

oweb26
12-12-2010, 06:15 AM
I am honestly excited, I was about to start my second playthrough Mass Effect 2 including all the DLC, I just hate planet scanning so much. lol

souljahbill
03-10-2011, 10:04 AM
I finished Mass Effect 2 on the PS3 last night and this is my most anticipated game for 2011 now (surpassing Arkham City and Uncharted 3). ME2 was fantastic. I was a male paragon on my first playthrough and now I'm playing through it again as a female renegade.

souljahbill
03-18-2011, 01:24 PM
Final Mass Effect 2 DLC coming March 29th!

Link (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/18/mass-effect-2-arrival-dlc-release-date/)

By the time this comes out, I will have played through the game 3 times and I didn't start playing until the end of February of this year. I can't wait for this.

oweb26
03-18-2011, 01:47 PM
I have started playing through 1, Hopefully I can time it perfect so that by the time 3 drops I would have played all the games.

souljahbill
03-28-2011, 05:56 PM
I finished my 5th playthough today in anticipation for "The Arrival" DLC dropping tomorrow. I'm going to restart my renegade infiltrator female Shepard over and change one of my choices (going to pick the Ardat-Yakshi over the Justicar for those in the know) just to see if it has an effect in Mass Effect 3.

Oh, and TRAILER TIME!

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/03/28/mass-effect-2-arrival-launch-trailer

souljahbill
05-02-2011, 08:03 PM
This has me REALLY hyped for Mass Effect 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RSbLtLhSyo

JeffHCross
05-08-2011, 03:15 PM
Mass Effect 3 officially delayed until early 2012 (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1166008p1.html?RSSwhen2011-05-04_112900&RSSid=1166008).

Electronic Arts is delaying the release of Mass Effect 3 into early 2012.

Casey Hudson, Executive Producer of the Mass Effect series, made the announcement through the game's official Facebook page.

"Mass Effect 3 will be released in the first three months of 2012. The development team is laser focused on making sure Mass Effect 3 is the biggest, boldest and best game in the series, ensuring that it exceeds everyone's expectations."

morsdraconis
05-08-2011, 04:00 PM
Making it LESS like Gears of War and more like a Sci-fi RPG would be great. Likelihood of that happening is VERY slim though since Mass Effect 2 sold ridiculously well even though they pretty much stripped out every customizable aspect available for your character's "class".

souljahbill
06-06-2011, 10:40 PM
I is DROOLING! Me wants the precious........

Video 1 (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-mass-effect/714902)
Video 2 (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-mass-effect/714903)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

souljahbill
06-10-2011, 04:39 PM
http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6318367/

cdj
06-16-2011, 06:41 PM
Rumor: Mass Effect 3 getting four-player co-op mode

Though it's been quite a while since we've heard anything regarding Mass Effect 3's once-rumored multiplayer functionality, Eurogamer and CVG are both citing anonymous sources who claim the title will have a standalone four-player cooperative mode. The mode will feature a handful of missions which won't interact with the main storyline, and are designed to have a high replay value. Considering we spent around 40 hours mining for Element Zero in Mass Effect 2, we don't think our attention is going to be very hard to retain.

Speaking to Eurogamer at E3 last week, BioWare co-founder Ray Muzyka wouldn't confirm nor deny the co-operative missions, instead saying, "We haven't talked at all about multiplayer in the Mass Effect franchise, but we're exploring multiplayer in all of our games and all of our franchises."

Courtesy: Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/16/rumor-mass-effect-3-getting-four-player-co-op-mode/)

cdj
06-16-2011, 06:41 PM

Though it's been quite a while since we've heard anything regarding Mass Effect 3's once-rumored multiplayer functionality, Eurogamer and CVG are both citing anonymous sources who claim the title will have a standalone four-player cooperative mode. The mode will feature a handful of missions which won't interact with the main storyline, and are designed to have a high replay value. Considering we spent around 40 hours mining for Element Zero in Mass Effect 2, we don't think our attention is going to be very hard to retain.

Speaking to Eurogamer at E3 last week, BioWare co-founder Ray Muzyka wouldn't confirm nor deny the co-operative missions, instead saying, "We haven't talked at all about multiplayer in the Mass Effect franchise, but we're exploring multiplayer in all of our games and all of our franchises."

Courtesy: Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/16/rumor-mass-effect-3-getting-four-player-co-op-mode/)

souljahbill
06-18-2011, 09:02 AM

I can get behind that. My shotgun toting Sentinel is ready to wreck havoc.

hitman625
10-10-2011, 05:18 PM
So its been confirmed that Mass Effect 3 will feature online multi-player.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2011/10/report-mass-effect-3-to-introduce-multiplayer/1

Can't wait to hear more details about how this will play out.

JBHuskers
10-10-2011, 07:14 PM
Hopefully it's just co-op and not a deathmatch type of deal. Mass Effect doesn't need that.

souljahbill
10-10-2011, 07:46 PM
It's co-op.

cdj
01-27-2012, 11:20 AM
Some info on multiplayer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h254YRtQoJU

hitman625
02-15-2012, 02:43 PM
Finally got my hands on the demo of this and not that I was worried about the gameplay, but props to BioWare b/c its a much more intuitve 3rd person shooter. Playing with the Kinect was pretty sweet and your party members react to your commands accurately. Can't wait til the 17th when they open up the multiplayer demo

morsdraconis
02-15-2012, 03:43 PM
:smh:

This fuckin' game should not be a "third person shooter". WTF Bioware? The shooting aspects of these games SUCK. Hell, I can't even get through the first one all the way because it's too much of a shooter, and it only gets worse as you progress in this damn series.

:smh:

DariusLock
02-19-2012, 08:41 PM
Awesome trailer for the game during Walking Dead...a must buy for me. I need to get the first two tho huh?

cdj
02-20-2012, 12:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYXPsls5p_4

cdj
02-21-2012, 05:47 PM
From Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/21/mass-effect-3-available-on-psn-at-launch-with-dlc-and-theme-bon/):

You'll be able to buy Mass Effect 3 digitally on March 6, the same day it launches in stores. And for doing so, you won't just get the convenience of pants-optional purchasing -- you'll also get (just like with every other offer relating to Mass Effect 3) some DLC, in the form of an M55 Argus rifle. You'll also get an exclusive, pre-order only PS3 theme.

morsdraconis
02-21-2012, 06:01 PM
EA is going to actually FORCE me to pirate this game because of their shitty fuckin' PC purchasing outlet. I absolutely REFUSE to use the virus that is Origin to buy games. Instead of not being a bunch of fuckin' douches and releasing it via steam like every other company worth a damn, they have to try to force people to use their shitty proprietary software to play their game.

So, FUCK YOU EA, I'm pirating this shit.

oweb26
03-02-2012, 08:48 AM
EA is going to actually FORCE me to pirate this game because of their shitty fuckin' PC purchasing outlet. I absolutely REFUSE to use the virus that is Origin to buy games. Instead of not being a bunch of fuckin' douches and releasing it via steam like every other company worth a damn, they have to try to force people to use their shitty proprietary software to play their game.

So, FUCK YOU EA, I'm pirating this shit.

Statements like this make it seem as though people do not understand the business side of things. Why wouldn't they create there own service and offer their own games on said service? Instead of getting 75% of the profit (not sure what steams cut is) you get all of it, makes since to me.

Personally I am not a fan of having games all over the place (on different services) but I can't say I am necessarily disagreeing with what they are doing.
Please don't give me that other companies still release via steam BS, other companies aren't the size or have the "purchasing power (i.e. money) of EA either.

natcret
03-06-2012, 08:02 PM
Picked up my preorder today. Will dive into it over the weekend.

JeffHCross
03-11-2012, 02:22 PM
Just finished ME2. What a game. Fuck me, what a game. Looking forward to ME3, but I need to take a long, long break before I can dive into it. Probably will wait until the Black Friday sales.

morsdraconis
03-11-2012, 02:54 PM
I REALLY need to power through the first one so I can play the second one so I can play the third one...

Kingpin32
03-11-2012, 11:12 PM
I've been playing it all week...and it's amazing. Honestly I think I've played it too much cause I'm already at the end of it. But it has such a high replay value that I'll be playing it again.

morsdraconis
03-12-2012, 05:14 AM
Finally got around to finishing the first one. Now to power through the second one.

JeffHCross
03-12-2012, 09:07 PM
Honestly I think I've played it too much cause I'm already at the end of it. But it has such a high replay value that I'll be playing it again.I'm going to play ME2 again at some point, mainly so I can have a different character for ME3. But I am so burnt out on ME2 -- 50+ hours in less than a month! I'm going to take a loooooooooooooong break, probably from my PS3 completely.

Finally got around to finishing the first one. Now to power through the second one.FYI, I'm not 100% sure what you mean by "power", but if you skip stuff for the sake of time/speed, I'd expect that your ME3 experience may not be quite so enjoyable. Just based on how I'm feeling about what will influence ME3.

Kingpin32
03-12-2012, 10:39 PM
I'm going to play ME2 again at some point, mainly so I can have a different character for ME3. But I am so burnt out on ME2 -- 50+ hours in less than a month! I'm going to take a loooooooooooooong break, probably from my PS3 completely.
Yeah that's crazy! But I'm sure I'll play ME2 again too, after seeing how drastically decisions made changes the game in ME3. I wish I got to play the first one though.

souljahbill
04-02-2012, 04:03 PM
Am I the only one who has played through this?

oweb26
04-11-2012, 02:45 PM
Am I the only one who has played through this?

I have been playing this at a veryyy slow pace, but will probably be finish before the month is out. lol

JeffHCross
04-19-2012, 07:50 PM
I've still got another playthrough of ME2 to do before ME3. But I'm not planning to get ME3 until Thanksgiving, at the earliest, anyway.

I OU a Beatn
04-19-2012, 08:12 PM
I'm just now nearing the finishing point of Mass Effect 1, and I absolutely have to get everything done before Monday because it's already on eBay and will sell on Sunday. I'm just not motivated. I've played through it 4 times the past month and I'm just tired of it and want to move onto ME2.

oweb26
04-21-2012, 07:14 AM
In my opinion you don't really have to finish it unless you are a completest. I didn't I am well aware of what's going on I think two and three give enough back story to where you are okay. I don't think you can jump right into 3 though.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

JeffHCross
04-21-2012, 10:21 AM
In my opinion you don't really have to finish it unless you are a completest.You know you're talking about the guy that started both the Trophy Whore and Achievement Leaderboard threads, right? "Unless", hah!

oweb26
04-21-2012, 10:41 AM
You know you're talking about the guy that started both the Trophy Whore and Achievement Leaderboard threads, right? "Unless", hah!

TOUCHE :D

I OU a Beatn
04-21-2012, 11:40 AM
You know you're talking about the guy that started both the Trophy Whore and Achievement Leaderboard threads, right? "Unless", hah!

:D Exactly, I just can't let it go unfinished. V will beat me.

JeffHCross
04-21-2012, 02:13 PM
:D Exactly, I just can't let it go unfinished. V will beat me.I will never plat any of the ME games. Too many things that require replay, like the "use this power 20 times" trophies, plus I would never beat the game on Insanity.

I OU a Beatn
04-21-2012, 03:42 PM
I'll never get them all, either, I just want to finish off getting to level 60 and then "complete the majority of the game." I have no interest in completing the majority of the game with each character and doing all the abilities 75 times, so I'm not even going to bother with it. It's too boring.

souljahbill
04-21-2012, 09:51 PM
I only need 3 more achievements to earn in ME1 and I'll have every achievement in the series (I have all the achievements in ME2 & ME3).

oweb26
04-23-2012, 03:39 PM
I know some people didn't really like how things turned out but this was hands down one the best games I have ever played.

It was engaging as well as I was sitting on the edge of my seat.

My Shepard died but that was because I didn't go in with enough people I only had an Effective military rating of 4400 I think you need 5k to keep him "alive" . Plus in all seriousness there is no way Shepard should live through all that anyway. If they do another and have him in it, I might just yell BS on that one its time for the dude to die or something. I was kinda sad he dies though I have had the same guy all the way through.

I OU a Beatn
04-26-2012, 07:00 PM
I'm about halfway through the 2nd one and while I thought the first one was very good, ME2 just blows it out of the water in every conceivable aspect. I can't believe I never played through it before now.

souljahbill
04-26-2012, 07:03 PM
I'm about halfway through the 2nd one and while I thought the first one was very good, ME2 just blows it out of the water in every conceivable aspect. I can't believe I never played through it before now.

And ME3 is even better (ending excluded).

oweb26
04-26-2012, 08:35 PM
And ME3 is even better (ending excluded).

:+1:

JeffHCross
04-27-2012, 07:56 PM
(ending excluded).Speaking of that ... when the free DLC comes out to "change" (or "extend"?) the ending, I'll be very curious in you thoughts about whether the ending was better before or after. And I don't mean specifics (would rather not had it spoiled). I'm just on the fence about whether or not I want to play the game with the original ending intact or play with the new ending downloaded. This goes for you and anybody else who finishes ME3.

I OU a Beatn
04-27-2012, 10:20 PM
I may end up getting all the achievements for ME2 after all. I've got 49/62 and I haven't even beaten the game yet. Is Insanity difficulty really bad or is it comparable to insanity on ME1?

JeffHCross
04-27-2012, 10:39 PM
General consensus on the Internet seems to be that it's not that difficult, you just have to find the combination of powers/skills/armor/etc that fits your playstyle. And I clearly suck, because it sounds like those guys had an easier time on Insanity than I did on Normal. :D

souljahbill
04-28-2012, 06:27 AM
I may end up getting all the achievements for ME2 after all. I've got 49/62 and I haven't even beaten the game yet. Is Insanity difficulty really bad or is it comparable to insanity on ME1?

With a Sentinel, ME2 Insanity is a piece of cake. Tech Armor is arguably the best "power" in the game and with every enemy having shields/armor/barriers, the Sentinel's ability to strip all protections with fast cooldowns makes it a cakewalk. ME2 is my 1st (and only as of this post) platinum game. I have it on Xbox as well and not only do I have all the ME2 achievements, I have all the ME3 achievements as well.

souljahbill
04-28-2012, 06:35 AM
Speaking of that ... when the free DLC comes out to "change" (or "extend"?) the ending, I'll be very curious in you thoughts about whether the ending was better before or after. And I don't mean specifics (would rather not had it spoiled). I'm just on the fence about whether or not I want to play the game with the original ending intact or play with the new ending downloaded. This goes for you and anybody else who finishes ME3.

You can wait for the extended cut. The current ending is vague and the new DLCis suppose to fill in the gaps (and fix/retcon some plotholes from the original ending). You won't know what's originally the ending if you wait but you can always YouTube the original endings if you want after the extended cut is release.

Speaking of the endings, I can see people's points about the endings being bad but I think the Internet went to the extremes with it. It's a game people. I spent hundreds of hours "invested" in the story as well but I wasn't going to have a stroke about how it ended. It's whatever. Glad we're getting the extended cut but if it doesn't fix everything, I still won't really care. I'm not the type of person that's going to let 5 minutes negate the previous 75 hours of gameplay/story.

JeffHCross
04-28-2012, 10:29 AM
souljah, what do you think about playing as an Infiltraitor? I played my first ME2 playthrough with a Soldier, and it was fun, but I want to do something totally different for my second playthrough. Though about Sentinel too, but I don't like the idea of managing all those powers (I've never been very good at that kind of "Oh, I need to do this here" gameplay). I played with an Infiltraitor in the ME3 demo and it was pretty cool.

I did really enjoy using the sniper rifle as a Soldier in ME2 (which says a lot, I'm not usually a Sniper-using player).

I OU a Beatn
04-28-2012, 10:57 AM
I think I'm just going to try it as a soldier. I already have my soldier up to level 27 so I'm pretty sure he's almost maxed out(level 30, right?). I had a really easy time of Insanity while using a level 60 soldier on ME1 and I did play a few missions on hardcore last night as a low level 20 soldier and didn't have much trouble. I only did that for the one achievement that requires beating the Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC(fun as hell).

Anyone have any suggestions for the best squad to roll with as a soldier on Insanity? I'm guessing Samara and Miranda?

JeffHCross
04-28-2012, 01:05 PM
I wouldn't personally use Miranda on Insanity, IIRC her durability, even on Normal, was much lower than other potential squad members. Honestly, I was constantly changing my picks based on what I expected the mission to hold. I used the Mass Effect wikia a lot.

souljahbill
04-28-2012, 01:15 PM
souljah, what do you think about playing as an Infiltraitor? I played my first ME2 playthrough with a Soldier, and it was fun, but I want to do something totally different for my second playthrough. Though about Sentinel too, but I don't like the idea of managing all those powers (I've never been very good at that kind of "Oh, I need to do this here" gameplay). I played with an Infiltraitor in the ME3 demo and it was pretty cool.

I did really enjoy using the sniper rifle as a Soldier in ME2 (which says a lot, I'm not usually a Sniper-using player).

I've beaten both Mass Effect 1&2 with each class at least once (I've beaten ME3 with a soldier, sentinel, and engineer so far). I, personally, like the power classes (adept, engineer, sentinel) more then the combat classes (soldier, infiltrator, vanguard) but of the 3 combat classes, infiltrator is my favorite. If you play a sniping infiltrator, you're going to be using your SMG a lot because the starting sniper rifle has a crappy amount of ammo. It's an awesome sniper rifle but the lack of ammo makes it useless throughout the game. It's not until act 2 (post-Horizon) that you can get the best 2 rifles but you'll need to decide if you want to be a one-shot-one-kill sniper (Get the Widow on the Collector ship, it's the most powerful gun in the game) or one that riddles the opposition with bullets (the Viper in Thane's recruitment mission). When I play infiltrator, I play it a little differently as intended. Instead of getting the Widow, I select shotgun training and sneak around invisible, blasting mooks at point blank with the Eviscerator. It's a satisfying way to play that class. The class itself is very versatile. You can give your team squad Cryo ammo and whatever they shoot will freeze, not only making head shots easy but causing whatever you kill to explode (which will NEVER get old).

Short answer: Infiltrators are fun.

souljahbill
04-28-2012, 01:31 PM
I think I'm just going to try it as a soldier. I already have my soldier up to level 27 so I'm pretty sure he's almost maxed out(level 30, right?). I had a really easy time of Insanity while using a level 60 soldier on ME1 and I did play a few missions on hardcore last night as a low level 20 soldier and didn't have much trouble. I only did that for the one achievement that requires beating the Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC(fun as hell).

Anyone have any suggestions for the best squad to roll with as a soldier on Insanity? I'm guessing Samara and Miranda?

It depends on the mission as to who to take. Miranda is overall probably the best squadmate for insanity because she has overload to disable shields and warp for barriers and armor. Her level 4 passive also gives you either a weapon damage boost or a health boost. Kasumi is also a REALLY awesome squadmate (if you got that DLC). In fact, a squad of Miranda and Kasumi is probably the "best" team, at least for me. Kasumi's 2 special powers (Shadow Strike and Flashbang Grenade) are 2 of the most useful powers in the game. Improved flashbang grenade makes any enemy in a 9m range unable to shoot a weapon or use powers for 6 seconds. That's enough time to kill any enemy but the biggest ones. You could seriously use that team the whole game and wreck shop. Just don't put any points into Kasumi's passive. Its bugged so its useless. Just max her 3 powers (but you're mostly using her for her 2 specials) If you want to get cute and use different squadmates, I would say this though:

If a mission has blue suns: Garrus and Zaeed
If a mission has eclipse: Miranda and whomever
If a mission has blood pack: Mordin and Grunt
If you're fighting Collector's: Miranda/Thane/Samara/Morinth
If you're fighting Geth: Tali/Legion/Garrus/Zaeed/Miranda
Derelict Reaper level: Grunt/Thane/Samara

Also, there's a weapons pack DLC that has the Mattock assault rifle. A soldier with that gun can play Insanity in God mode once Adrenaline Rush is maxed with 70% time dilation.

JeffHCross
04-28-2012, 01:43 PM
Right. The Viper is what I used with my Soldier, so I'd definitely keep that one. One-shot-one-miss doesn't work for me :D

Very cool man, thanks for the summary. Using the cloak to flank my opponents was a very cool thing ... I've only played stealth-like classes in City of Heroes, and that was only for a short time. Definitely liked the idea.

I'd probably get AR training -- I'm most comfortable playing with ARs in general. I'll think about Adept though ... I could definitely play something where all I have to think about is biotics. Plus, Singularity is simply badass.

In fact, a squad of Miranda and Kasumi is probably the "best" team, at least for me.Let's see ... Miranda's hot and Kasumi is quite possibly the coolest character in the game. I like!

souljahbill
04-28-2012, 02:13 PM
Right. The Viper is what I used with my Soldier, so I'd definitely keep that one. One-shot-one-miss doesn't work for me :D

I'd probably get AR training -- I'm most comfortable playing with ARs in general. I'll think about Adept though ... I could definitely play something where all I have to think about is biotics. Plus, Singularity is simply badass.

Let's see ... Miranda's hot and Kasumi is quite possibly the coolest character in the game. I like!

Not to talk you out of AR Training but if you have access to the Locust from Kasumi's mission, you really won't need AR training. The only ARs better then the Locust are the Vindicator, Revenant, and Mattock (from the weapons DLC pack) except the Locust will EAT through a barrier or a shield for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. In case you didn't know, SMGs and shotguns have a damage bonus vs. shields/barriers while pistols/sniper rifles have a bonus against armor while ARs have no bonus against either.

JeffHCross
04-28-2012, 02:30 PM
Good point. I liked the AR's lack of recoil, and I know the Locust doesn't have that problem like some of the SMGs do. It's funny, I'd really like to do a critical-path run through ME2 (though a) I can't find a solid list of which missions are critical path; and b) I know, in reality, that this second run is going to be what I use in ME3, and I want to get every single thing out of ME2 that I can to make ME3 a little easier), but there is NO way I'd skip Kasumi's DLC. She's too awesome. Skipping Zaeed though, unless I want to do it at the end and let him die. Not a fan of him at all.

I OU a Beatn
04-28-2012, 02:46 PM
Finally beat ME2 at around the 25 hour in mark. Hands down the best single player game I've ever played. The only achievements I have left are beating the game on insane, pursuing a relationship, reaching level 30(I'm 29), and then using some of the powers. It's amazing to me just how much better ME2 is over ME1 in just about every aspect. From what I've played of the ME3 multiplayer and the improvements I saw in game play, I'm eagerly awaiting finishing up my ME2 insanity play though to start ME3.

JeffHCross
04-28-2012, 03:32 PM
Finally beat ME2 at around the 25 hour in mark.Jesus, how'd you do that? I was double that, easily. (Though, upon reflection, some of that time (though not 25 hours) was spent on the pause menu)

I think you can get the Romance acheivement after you've finished the game. Especially if you haven't talked to Liara previously. I was able to get her romance cutscene, at least, after the "end" of the game. I already had the trophy at that point though, not sure if it will ping after the end.

I OU a Beatn
04-28-2012, 05:01 PM
I did virtually zero of the side missions, which is probably why I finished it so quick. It's still a LOT longer than that first one from what I played. I'm to the point where I can beat the main story line of ME1 in about 3 or 4 hours on normal difficulty and it seems ME2 has a much more varied and detailed main story line.

I finished off some of the achievements I had left and yes, you can get the romance achievements after the game ends. I think you need to have at least 5 or 6 side missions left as the only way I could get Miranda to talk to me with new dialogue was by coming back after completing a mission. So yeah, the only ones I have left now are my insanity play through, warp 25 enemies' shields or something, and then incenerate 25 enemies' shields.

Are there any side missions available that have enough enemies do those two?

JeffHCross
04-28-2012, 05:04 PM
25 enemies with shields? Nah. Though when you play on Insanity, I'm pretty sure every enemy has either armor or shields.

I OU a Beatn
04-28-2012, 05:16 PM
Ah, I'll just do it on my insanity run then. I'll just have to make sure to get the incinerate one out of the way early so I don't have to lug Mordin around the whole game. That probably wouldn't end well. At least the ending to ME2 is a lot easier than the ending to ME1. I fired more bullets and died more times on the final battle on ME1 than I did on all the other missions combined.

souljahbill
04-28-2012, 05:30 PM
Some FYI:

1) NONE of the side missions effect ME3. Only recruitment/loyalty/DLC missions.

2) I'm not 100% sure but I'm 99% sure that in order to get the paramour achievement, Liara doesn't count. Just Miranda, Jack, Tali, Jacob, Garrus, and Thane.

3) Be sure to ask Kelly how she likes being on the Normandy and flirt with her after every recruitment mission and after Collector missions. If you have dinner in the cabin with her, she'll be in ME3 if she survives the suicide mission. Also, make sure she agrees to feed your fish after that dinner.

4) Fish, ship models, and the space hamster all carry over into ME3.

5) If you get the scar-removal treatment, that'll carry over into ME3 as well. If you don't get it, being renegade will lead to you looking like the Terminator if you're too Renegade.

I OU a Beatn
04-28-2012, 06:38 PM
Yeah, I think I'm going to start ME3 tonight. I was originally planning on finishing up ME2, playing ME3, and then going back to finish off the ME1 achievements if I can get all the ones for ME2 and ME3, but I can't wait. That's a pretty cool little feature about looking like a terminator if you're too renegade.

souljahbill
04-28-2012, 07:00 PM
Yeah, I think I'm going to start ME3 tonight. I was originally planning on finishing up ME2, playing ME3, and then going back to finish off the ME1 achievements if I can get all the ones for ME2 and ME3, but I can't wait. That's a pretty cool little feature about looking like a terminator if you're too renegade.

ME3 is awesome. I know the ending got all the attention but the 25 or so hours leading up to it is Hall-of-Fame stuff. Before you start though, I HIGHLY recommend getting the "From Ashes" DLC. The squadmate you get is my favorite in the series, hands down. Also, you should talk to your squadmates after EVERY mission except the N7 missions. They added a ton of conversations and you'll never get the Garrus "Wait til later, I'm calibrating the guns" thing. Also, squadmates move appear in different places around the ship so if a squadmate isn't in their usual spot, it's because they're talking to another squadmate around the ship.

I OU a Beatn
04-28-2012, 07:36 PM
I think I already have it - it came with the collector's edition, right?

souljahbill
04-28-2012, 08:10 PM
I think I already have it - it came with the collector's edition, right?

Ok, then you're good. He's awesome. Also, do all missions before doing missions labeled priority. Some side missions can disappear if you don't do them within a set number of missions.

oweb26
04-28-2012, 09:27 PM
That is very true I didn't do the mission where you rescue the students at the school, and they came to me with a report and it was no longer available. Had to load an old save point and go back. Listen to that piece of advice.

JeffHCross
04-28-2012, 09:36 PM
I think you guys are going to convince me to get the Collector's Edition before the weekend is out. I'm trying to hold out until later inthe year, and possibly get it cheap.

2) I'm not 100% sure but I'm 99% sure that in order to get the paramour achievement, Liara doesn't count. Just Miranda, Jack, Tali, Jacob, Garrus, and Thane. Ffffffffffff ... yes, you're right. I wrote Liara, but was meaning Tali the whole time. Don't know how I got the two confused.

I OU a Beatn
04-28-2012, 10:22 PM
I think you guys are going to convince me to get the Collector's Edition before the weekend is out. I'm trying to hold out until later inthe year, and possibly get it cheap.

Ffffffffffff ... yes, you're right. I wrote Liara, but was meaning Tali the whole time. Don't know how I got the two confused.

I'd get it soon if I were you. I don't know how rare the collector editions are for ME3, but they were incredibly hard to find for ME1 and ME2. I figured I'd save myself the headache this time around and just preordered it. Come to think of it, I haven't seen any in Best Buy/Gamestop/Walmart around here.

JeffHCross
04-29-2012, 12:10 AM
I'd get it soon if I were you. I don't know how rare the collector editions are for ME3I'll look around, but I know the Best Buy near here stocked the Restistance 2 collector's edition right up until Resistance 3 came out.

EDIT: Never mind. What was appealing to me about the Collector's Edition was the art book, which is just a smaller version of the other art book that I was considering separately. I'll just get that one of these days, and wait for ME3 to come out with the inevitable GotY edition.

I OU a Beatn
04-29-2012, 12:24 AM
You mean The Art of the Mass Effect Universe art book? If so, then yeah, there's a lot of the same art in there as the small book that comes with the collector's edition. If you're planning on buying that art book, then there's little to no point to get the CE unless you have interest in a patch or the DLC it comes with.

I was a bit disappointed with the ME3 CE, but oh well. The ME2 CE was fantastic and had a REAL steel book rather than the knock off version that's included with ME3 and it was a royal bitch to find one not even a week after release.

souljahbill
04-29-2012, 05:51 AM
I got the CE for the 360 and the regular edition on PS3. The best part of the CE is the DLC (From Ashes and the N7 weapons). The art book is alright, I already have every Mass Effect comic in digital form, and I have no use for the patch or lithograph. I really like the game's soundtrack though (especially the "emotional" theme that'll play a few times; it's a nice little piano number) but I have yet to download it. I know the CE was sold out everywhere, worldwide, back in January so waiting for the eventual GotY edition is the best bet for getting everything. My first experience with Mass Effect was through the PS3 GotY edition of ME2.

JeffHCross
05-04-2012, 08:09 PM
(especially the "emotional" theme that'll play a few times; it's a nice little piano number)That would be the theme at the end of the opening level, yes? (EDIT: In other words, Clint Mansell is a god of score, yes?)

I love that theme, and the theme when the Normandy first appears. If I don't DL the entire soundtrack (unlikely that I wouldn't), I'll at least get that track.

souljahbill
05-04-2012, 08:54 PM
That would be the theme at the end of the opening level, yes? (EDIT: In other words, Clint Mansell is a god of score, yes?)

Yeah, that's it. The end music is based off that track. It's pretty sweet.

JeffHCross
05-04-2012, 10:11 PM
Yeah, that's it. The end music is based off that track. It's pretty sweet.Requiem for Dream ... Mass Effect 3. Difficult to decide his more significant contribution (I kid).

JeffHCross
05-06-2012, 12:46 PM
That would be the theme at the end of the opening level, yes? (EDIT: In other words, Clint Mansell is a god of score, yes?)

I love that theme, and the theme when the Normandy first appears. If I don't DL the entire soundtrack (unlikely that I wouldn't), I'll at least get that track.After this comment, I was informed that the Normandy's appearance simply used the music from ME2. So, in honor of the fact that my ME2 copy was returned to me yesterday ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXCM0lZxh4U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTsD2FjmLsw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uorR5Cn4a-Q
^^ The "emotional" theme souljah mentioned ^^

souljahbill
05-06-2012, 01:05 PM
Although people dislike the ending, the music to the ME3 ending is in my top 3 music pieces in the series. I also LOVE the music in the Purgatory club. That sh*t bangs!

JeffHCross
05-08-2012, 09:48 PM
I had the Suicide Mission theme in my head all day. Actually, I had the entire ME2 ending in my head all day, even with Harbinger "talking" with Shepard.

cdj
05-20-2012, 12:20 PM
Hackett, EDI confirmed for Mass Effect 3 'Extended Cut' DLC

On top of providing "further clarity" to Mass Effect 3's ending, some more details regarding the upcoming "Extended Cut" DLC have come out. "Extended Cut" will include cameos from both Admiral Hackett, who is played by Lance Henricksen, and EDI, voiced by Tricia Helfer.

"I just did another session with them. They were saying there's a little bit of a problem with the abruptness of the ending," Hendriksen told G4 during a press junket for a new animated series called Tron: Uprising that he's involved in. "So we did a whole series of things to add to the end of the game, to live up to the quality they've been doing." Helfer, also part of the show, confirmed EDI would make an appearance.

Courtesy: Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/18/hackett-edi-confirmed-for-mass-effect-3-extended-cut-dlc/)

souljahbill
05-20-2012, 02:05 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/63bcbdb3-4091-adab.jpg

JeffHCross
05-20-2012, 04:19 PM
I absolutely love Lance Henricksen's voice, so more scenes with him is well worth it to me.

souljahbill
06-22-2012, 07:17 PM
The extended cut ending DLC comes out next Tuesday (June 26th).http://masseffect.bioware.com/about/extended_cut/

DariusLock
06-23-2012, 09:28 AM
When do you start taking over territories or sectors or w/e. I think I should be getting to that point lol

souljahbill
06-23-2012, 10:15 AM
When do you start taking over territories or sectors or w/e. I think I should be getting to that point lol

Never. By the end of the game, the map will be full of Reapers.

souljahbill
06-26-2012, 09:26 AM
The Extended Cut makes the endings MUCH better.

oweb26
06-26-2012, 09:57 AM
The Extended Cut makes the endings MUCH better.

Did the ending add anymore play time or more cut scenes?

souljahbill
06-26-2012, 01:03 PM
Did the ending add anymore play time or more cut scenes?

No gameplay. Only cutscenes. If you haven't beaten it, you wouldn't know they were added after the fact because they were weaved into the "end game" (pre and post conclusion) pretty good.

JeffHCross
07-30-2012, 07:51 PM
Hey Bill, could you sanity check and look at the titles of the soundtrack (http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Mass_Effect_3_Soundtrack) for me? Bought it because of an Amazon promotion, but don't want to spoil anything by looking at the titles. Obviously demo / overall plot stuff won't be news to me
Reapers, Cerebus being a bunch of assholes, etc
but don't want to spoil details (like _____'s Death would probably be disappointing).

souljahbill
07-30-2012, 08:00 PM
Hey Bill, could you sanity check and look at the titles of the soundtrack (http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Mass_Effect_3_Soundtrack) for me? Bought it because of an Amazon promotion, but don't want to spoil anything by looking at the titles. Obviously demo / overall plot stuff won't be news to me
Reapers, Cerebus being a bunch of assholes, etc
but don't want to spoil details (like _____'s Death would probably be disappointing).

There are some mild spoilers but without context, you won't really understand. To be safe, avoid the names but I didn't see anything like "Shepard beats the Reapers" or "Killing the Illusive Man" or anything like that (and no, those made up titles weren't spoilers either).

souljahbill
08-27-2012, 06:26 AM
Started my 3rd playthrough with Canon Shepard (Sentinel) in preparation for the Leviathan DLC. Also bought the weapons pack just for the fun of it.

JeffHCross
08-27-2012, 06:00 PM
Good grief. You'll be on your fourth or fifth playthrough before I play it once!

souljahbill
08-27-2012, 06:27 PM
Good grief. You'll be on your fourth or fifth playthrough before I play it once!

It's my 3rd playthrough with that particular character (my "canon" Shep). I've beaten it with a few "scenario" Sheps as well. I've beaten both ME 1&2 double digit times so this isn't anything new.

JeffHCross
08-27-2012, 08:24 PM
Oh, I know. It's more of a commentary on how little I play anything non-NCAA :D

souljahbill
08-27-2012, 08:48 PM
Oh, I know. It's more of a commentary on how little I play anything non-NCAA :D

I'll be rotating between the 2 throughout the year with a side of Assassin's Creed III thrown in eventually.

souljahbill
08-29-2012, 06:10 PM
Canon Shepard, the Sentinel, concludes his journey for the 3rd time.

JeffHCross
08-29-2012, 06:18 PM
TWO DAYS?!?!?!?!?

souljahbill
08-29-2012, 06:27 PM
TWO DAYS?!?!?!?!?

Trapped inside during a hurricane my friend. :D

JeffHCross
08-29-2012, 06:43 PM
Ah. Good point. Totally not thinking about the whole "Baton Rouge" thing.

souljahbill
09-15-2012, 11:30 AM
I have been playing a TON of multiplayer lately. It's so well done and so fun. I'm not a competitive MP type of guy. ME3 co-op MP is right up my alley.

cdj
02-21-2013, 12:11 PM
BioWare and EA have announced two more bundles of DLC for Mass Effect 3, with one focused on multiplayer and the other serving as "one final, sentimental journey with Commander Shepard and their squad," according to the press release.

The first batch of content, "Reckoning," is a free bundle of multiplayer DLC that'll be available for free when it lands this Tuesday, February 26. The pack adds new characters, weapons and item upgrades for use in multiplayer, though what any of those things are specifically remains to be seen.

"Citadel," meanwhile, is Mass Effect 3's last chunk of single-player DLC, arriving on March 5 for $14.99/1200 MS Points. The pack returns Shepard and crew to (where else) the Citadel, on a mission that will give players the "opportunity to reconnect with some of their favorite characters from all three of the Mass Effect games."

Courtesy: Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/21/mass-effect-3-reckoning-and-citadel-dlc-hit-feb-26-mar-5/)

cdj
06-05-2013, 08:34 AM
Electronic Arts has announced that the Mass Effect 3 Datapad app is being retired and will be removed from the iTunes app store today.

EA gave no reason as to why the app is being taken offline. The company suggested players check out the mobile-optimized N7HQ instead.

The Mass Effect 3 Datapad app launched in March 2012 and was a news and video hub for the spacebound role-playing game.

BioWare is currently at work on the next Mass Effect, described as "fresh and new."

Courtesy: GameSpot (http://www.gamespot.com/news/mass-effect-3-datapad-app-retired-today-6409281)

souljahbill
06-05-2013, 02:01 PM
After an iOS update a few months after release, the app stopped working anyway so it's not a loss at all.

souljahbill
01-08-2014, 09:55 AM
I started playing through the original Mass Effect again. I've beaten each game double-digit times yet it always calls me back.

JBHuskers
01-08-2014, 10:38 AM
I still need to finish the first one :D

Right now my 360 is disconnected.

souljahbill
01-08-2014, 11:16 AM
I still need to finish the first one :D

Right now my 360 is disconnected.

Say what? :(

I admit, the 1st is the hardest to play (not in difficulty but in mechanics) but it's worth it by the end (of both ME1 and as a part of the trilogy). It's why I started another playthrough. Even though I know how what's at the destination, I really enjoy the journey of the series.

souljahbill
08-03-2014, 08:34 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/03/hujyqata.jpg

JeffHCross
08-05-2014, 10:38 PM
ME 1 is just so daunting to play through, especially because the mechanics are so different from ME 2. Plus I've already watched all the cinematics, so I know what happens, lol

oweb26
08-06-2014, 03:15 PM
I tip my hat to anyone who can play the first ME1 more than once especially after playing the others.

souljahbill
08-06-2014, 07:05 PM
I tip my hat to anyone who can play the first ME1 more than once especially after playing the others.

LOL! I've beaten ME1 double-digit times.

oweb26
08-09-2014, 06:10 AM
Well I bought this on PC months ago ( entire triolgy for about 10.00) decided to fire it up again and since I found a way to use my old 360 game saves on PC I was pretty excited to play this again.

Only to find out they didnt implement gamepad support (360 or otherwise) into the PC version of the game...BIOWARE FAIL. This is one game I really don't want to play with keyboard and mouse much rather my 360 controller, I will say this is uncommon though since most games that are multi platform normally still have 360 controller support ( even the PC only games are starting to support controller use by default)

Guess I will have to load it up on the console..oh well I was curious to see this with PC graphics.

souljahbill
08-09-2014, 07:01 AM
Well I bought this on PC months ago ( entire triolgy for about 10.00) decided to fire it up again and since I found a way to use my old 360 game saves on PC I was pretty excited to play this again.

Only to find out they didnt implement gamepad support (360 or otherwise) into the PC version of the game...BIOWARE FAIL. This is one game I really don't want to play with keyboard and mouse much rather my 360 controller, I will say this is uncommon though since most games that are multi platform normally still have 360 controller support ( even the PC only games are starting to support controller use by default)

Guess I will have to load it up on the console..oh well I was curious to see this with PC graphics.

I have the PC version as well and never touched it strictly due to the lack of controller support.

oweb26
08-09-2014, 07:12 AM
Man it suck that it doesnt support gamepad.....I enjoying more on my pc at this point than console because my pc doesnt have little kids asking to look at netflix every 10 minutes....lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk