PDA

View Full Version : What speed setting do you play at?

Rudy
12-08-2010, 05:45 AM
I've played almost all of my games on Slow. I found Normal to be too quick for me initially, mainly due to the inside running game. But I've played the last 5 games on Normal and it's a breath of fresh air. The inside running game is still pretty quick but I like the speed of the game. It feels more realistic to me although player weight and momentum still needs to be stronger imo.

What speed level are you guys playing on right now?

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
12-08-2010, 07:33 AM
fast-very fast... its the only way to get true explosion off the mesh in reads... but very fast unless sliders are set correctly can really throw off the acceleration difference in the threshold setting... ESPECIALLY... if set 0-5...

thats the only speed i like as everything else feels like feet in mud...

"E"

steelerfan
12-08-2010, 09:55 AM
Slow or Normal. Haven't tried anything faster for fear it would just be an arcade fest.

morsdraconis
12-08-2010, 12:40 PM
Whatever the default one is (fast?).

Rudy
12-08-2010, 04:11 PM
I'm pretty sure the default is normal. I think the only time it was different was Madden last year I believe which defaulted to slow.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
12-08-2010, 04:34 PM
i dont find my heisman sliders arcade... when i first started tweaking them that was one thing i wanted to avoid for sure... if i play anything slower, the reads are too easy, the holes are easier to hit...

"E"

jaymo76
12-08-2010, 09:42 PM
Slow... just feels more natural. Plays take time to develop.

CLW
12-10-2010, 09:33 AM
I believe someone tested this (on either Madden or NCAA) and to get the closest thing to real life speed Slow was the way to go. I have stayed on Slow the entire time.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
12-10-2010, 10:23 AM
i did tests... and true 40 times are only represented on very fast... i LITERALLY hand held clocked them and based it off their ESPN bio... 40 times matched up the closest on very fast... but unless your sliders are right very fast can really mess up pass coverage like i said before, especially with 0 threshold... which i dont see why anyone would use any other threshold as it only truly represents real life pursuit and acceleration... just my opinion and studies though...

"E"

Rudy
12-10-2010, 07:15 PM
Yeah. I've seen a bunch of tests and slow is very unrealistic. You can't compare exact 40 times since running on a football field with pads on is different than running on a track but Slow is definitely inaccurate. From what I've read Normal is still too slow and the faster speeds are more realistic. But the lack of momentum makes those modes nuts imo. The game just plays two twitchy and isn't smooth. The NCAA dev team needs to provide more animations, especially between moves. I hate seeing a guy go left to right on the left analog stick and watch the RB turn on one leg. It just doesn't look or feel right.

NatureBoy
12-14-2010, 08:44 AM
Slow for NCAA and Madden.