PDA

View Full Version : RIP Ron Santo (1940-2010)

JBHuskers
12-03-2010, 09:59 AM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/RIPRonSanto.jpg

He was such a great man who had a passion for the game. It showed in this play at 3B, and it showed in his broadcasts over the radio. Obviously he should have already been in the Hall of Fame, it is a shame that he never got in when he was still alive. Unfortunately it will probably take his death to push the necessary votes to get him in. I knew this day was coming sooner or later, but didn't expect it at all on my drive to work this morning. I was fully expecting to hear him on the radio this season, and he was intending on doing so. What he's done for the JRDF (juvenile diatbetes assoc.) was amazing. He's helped a lot in the research of the disease. I will really miss this guy. We lost a true legend today.

JBHuskers
12-03-2010, 10:45 AM
Here was my full conolences posted on the Cubs site:

Listening to Mike & Mike on my way to work and I heard the terrible news this morning. I am 31, so I was too young to appreciate Ron Santo as a player until I was old enough to go back into history to see what he did at the hot corner.

He was clearly one of the most likable guys in all of baseball. His passion for the game showed on the field and in the broadcast booth. He was definitely a homer in the booth, but he would be the first guy to critize the team in the booth when they were not doing well.

I was fully expecting going into the spring of 2011 being able to listen to Ron in the booth with Pat this year, and Ronnie was fully planning on working this year as well, so his passing is just a complete shock and all too soon. I say all too soon because he deserved to be inducted into the Hall of Fame while he was alive. Hopefully we will soon see the day when we will have Ronnie enshrined at Coooperstown forever. RIP Ron Santo, you are going to be dearly missed and forever loved by Cubs fans and fans of the game in general.

JBHuskers
12-03-2010, 11:01 AM
Some things left in condolence at Clark & Addison -

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/RIPRonSanto2.jpg