PDA

View Full Version : Week 5, 2013

Oneback
12-02-2010, 09:00 PM
=============== #7 Oklahoma Sooners (2-1) ===============
Last week, Oklahoma lost 34-13 against Wisconsin (3-1).
This week, the Sooners travel to College Station to face the Texas A&M Aggies (2-1).
In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) K Brett Williams has committed to Texas

=============== #15 Clemson Tigers (3-1) ===============
Last week, Clemson won 45-24 against Boston College (1-3).
This week, the Tigers will host Wake Forest (2-1).

=============== #3 Florida State Seminoles (4-0) ===============
Last week, Florida State won 62-3 against Virginia Tech (3-1).
This week, the Seminoles travel to Atlanta to face the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (2-1).

=============== #14 Miami Hurricanes (2-1) ===============
Last week, Miami won 126-3 against FCS Southeast .
This week, the Hurricanes travel to Raleigh to face the NC State Wolfpack (1-2).

=============== #1 Michigan Wolverines (4-0) ===============
Last week, Michigan won 19-6 against Notre Dame (2-1).
This week, the Wolverines travel to Madison to face the #4 Wisconsin Badgers (3-1).
In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
- (*****) HB Zach Gray has committed to Michigan

=============== #5 Ohio State Buckeyes (4-0) ===============
Last week, Ohio State won 45-7 against Nebraska (2-2).
This week, the Buckeyes will host Iowa (0-2).

=============== #6 Penn State Nittany Lions (3-1) ===============
Last week, Penn State won 72-0 against Buffalo (0-3).
This week, the Nittany Lions travel to Evanston to face the Northwestern Wildcats (1-2).

=============== #18 Oregon Ducks (2-2) ===============
Last week, Oregon lost 40-38 against USC (2-1).
This week, the Ducks are idle.

=============== #10 USC Trojans (2-1) ===============
Last week, USC won 40-38 against Oregon (2-2).
This week, the Trojans will host #2 Texas (3-0).
In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) FS Talib Moore has committed to USC

=============== #12 Virginia Tech Hokies (3-1) ===============
Last week, Virginia Tech lost 62-3 against Florida State (4-0).
This week, the Hokies travel to Durham to face the Duke Blue Devils (2-1).
In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) HB Patrick Gould has committed to Virginia Tech

=============== #2 Texas Longhorns (3-0) ===============
Last week, Texas won 66-10 against Oregon State (2-1).
This week, the Longhorns travel to Los Angeles to face the #10 USC Trojans (2-1).
In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
- (*****) HB Zach Gray has committed to Michigan

=============== #4 Wisconsin Badgers (3-1) ===============
Last week, Wisconsin won 34-13 against Oklahoma (2-1).
This week, the Badgers will host #1 Michigan (4-0).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oneback
12-02-2010, 09:01 PM
g, tomorrow night would be best if you are available and I will be sticking with the Toledo playbook.

psuexv
12-02-2010, 09:22 PM
Couple of big games on the slate for this week. There's a chance Papa and I play tonight. Depending if he gets off early

gschwendt
12-02-2010, 09:25 PM
g, tomorrow night would be best if you are available and I will be sticking with the Toledo playbook.
Tomorrow night shouldn't be a problem... any idea on a time? I assume around 9pm or so.

Oneback
12-03-2010, 05:20 AM
You are correct sir, 9pm.

psuexv
12-03-2010, 01:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-O6tHC3wp4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
12-03-2010, 05:01 PM
nice... the BBC covers college football now lol

"E"

Oneback
12-03-2010, 06:00 PM
You are correct sir, 9pm.

We may have to push to tomorrow I am just now leaving work and was notified by my wife that her sister is dropping by, if thats okay with you.

gschwendt
12-03-2010, 06:21 PM
We may have to push to tomorrow I am just now leaving work and was notified by my wife that her sister is dropping by, if thats okay with you.
K... not sure if I'll be around at 9 but I'll try to give you an idea beforehand.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
12-03-2010, 06:29 PM
Miami 84 - 0 NC State

i had an "ok" day at 681 total offense, but my defense was the show today forcing 6 turnovers and scoring 2 TD's and setting the offense up for one at the 1 yard line, all of my videos are defense... held the Wolfpack to just 95 yards total... no injuries nothing major... my defense either scored or set me up to score easily and helped me score 50 points in the 2nd quarter alone... did mass sub for second half, and just ran the ball and chewed clock mostly...

"E"

Oneback
12-03-2010, 07:27 PM
K... not sure if I'll be around at 9 but I'll try to give you an idea beforehand.

Tomorrow I would be available whenever, just let me know your times and I'll make it work. I would like to see some of the games however.

fsuprime
12-03-2010, 08:35 PM
done

JeffHCross
12-03-2010, 09:36 PM
doneI see what you did there.

Iron Dragon
12-03-2010, 10:32 PM
#7 Sooners bounceback, freshman Webster's 100+ yard ground game surprises many in 47-23 win over Texas A&M

Who woulda thought that Oklahoma's surprise of the year would be true freshman RB Nick Webster? On the depths, he's below Clay and Finch, and you'd probably think he'd get the fourth most carries on the team, and alot were surprised he wasn't redshirted. Well, all Webster did was run for 133 yards on 13 carries and 2 TDs. Webster is making the most out of his PT.

Clay had just 49 yards on 11 carries. Roy Finch had a 84 yard TD run and a TD catch.

Kenny Stills had 122 receiving yards, and 59 returning. Once again, Stills had a big return called back by clipping - this time a 47 yard punt return. Erik Richardson had 69 recieving and a TD. Muse had 82.

On defense, true freshman Nick Adams recorded his first career INT. Justin Chaisson also recorded a safety.

JeffHCross
12-03-2010, 11:49 PM
When Steve Bellisari threw his third interception of the game, with merely 3:01 left in the 2nd quarter, the Buckeyes were clinging to a 10-6 lead and most fans at Ohio Stadium were thinking they were in for a long, close game.

They were wrong.

Jealous of his teammate, Ken-Yon Rambo, for getting Heisman attention, WR Jimmy Redmond decided to steal the show against the Hawkeyes. Redmond would catch 11 passes for a school-record 328 yards and 5 TDs. Redmond often found himself flying past the Hawkeyes' depleted secondary and took full advantage. Rambo had an admirable day, hauling in 10 passes for 114 yards. In all, the Buckeyes had 593 passing yards in the game.

Yeah, the Hawkeyes suck. Their defense is so horribly depleted. Their starting Punter and KOS is a CB ... it's bad, real bad.

Papa LoneStar
12-04-2010, 12:22 AM
:-(

JeffHCross
12-04-2010, 12:31 AM
:-(:D :D :D

Not that I'm entertained by you losing, Papa ... it's just that whenever you lose, your posts are always a sad face.

psuexv
12-04-2010, 12:36 AM
USC takes down Texas in Pasadena 52-28 in a battle of top 10 teams.

The game started off with both teams trading punches and the quarter ending 7-7. The 2nd quarter was the difference of the game as the Trojans outscored the Longhorns 28-14 in the quarter to take a 35-21 halftime lead. Big turnovers and key plays were the main drivers in the quarter.

The Trojans struck 1st early in the 2nd to take a 14-7 lead and then after a fumble by Texas and Int by USC and a 4th and 1 hold by the Trojans defense they scored again to take a 21-7 lead. The teams traded touchdowns again to take it to 28-14. The Longhorns looked to be in good shape as they scored with 56 seconds left to cut it to one TD going into the half, 28-21. But the USC offense responded with a 3 play 21 second drive to go up 35-21.

With a pick at the end of the half in the endzone and a TD on the opening drive of the 3rd the deficit was a little too much for the Longhorns to come back from.

psuexv
12-04-2010, 12:40 AM
Over 1000 yards of total offense Texas 552 USC 458 - 6 Turnover by the Trojan Defense, 1 by the Trojan Offense

Walker 216 yards 4 TDs 1 Int
Morgan 22 carries 118 yards
Baxter 5 carries 107 yards 1 TD
Prater 4 catches 48 yards 2 TDs
Harris 2 Ints

Oneback
12-04-2010, 07:34 AM
g, I am up and available to play. I've spent all morning thus far messing around with playbooks (I know I have an addiction) and will be going back to the pro-style offense I have ran all long and not try to force this spread option, I'll be using the Syracuse playbook.

gschwendt
12-04-2010, 09:49 AM
Oneback... sent you a text as well but I'm up and ready for a game whenever you are.

Oneback
12-04-2010, 11:08 AM
Well, g and I will be playing later as we lost connection in our game with 1:26 left in the 4th and me up 27-24 as a punt by me was sailing into the endzone.

fsuprime
12-04-2010, 11:14 AM
ugh that sucks

gschwendt
12-04-2010, 11:21 AM
ugh that sucksYeah... it was extremely painful! I saw the 'Please Wait' with the rotating circle come up and I knew it was going to crap out on us. The game up to that point had been extremely stressful. As I told Oneback, I wasn't ready to restart immediately, I was just too emotionally drained; he agreed.

On the positive side, I forgot to change my video connection prior to the game so I wasn't recording it... though this time I'll record it and lose by 20.

Oneback
12-04-2010, 11:31 AM
I was recording. My passing game was struggling because I didn't ease Gardner into the game, positives were that I was able to run the ball and two of g's touchdowns came on blown coverages when I thought I was audiling to Cover 3 and started adjusting DB's as such and ended up with only one defender deeper than 10 yards from the LOS and gave up long TDs.

That's how our games go however, no matter the teams they are always close.

g, if my son takes a nap in the next hour we can kick off then.

gschwendt
12-04-2010, 11:35 AM
g, if my son takes a nap in the next hour we can kick off then.
I actually need to head out and run some errands this afternoon... I won't be back in the next hour but I'll check in when I do get back and see what's what.

psusnoop
12-04-2010, 01:01 PM
I will be playing my game tonight, I have a bunch to play.

I have been sick with Strep and I just came back from a double ear infection 2 weeks earlier, so I'm on my second dose of antibiotics for 10 days again.

psuexv
12-04-2010, 08:48 PM
Are we waiting on anyone else besides the user/user game and Snoop?

JeffHCross
12-04-2010, 08:55 PM
After my game, there were only like 4/11 done according to the dynasty, and only you and Papa have posted since then. Kingpin posted in the Recruiting Thread, so I figure he's done his recruiting. Potentially Escobar and Singer also remain.

psuexv
12-04-2010, 09:03 PM
Well it looks like we are waiting on OB and G, Snoop, Escobar, Guru and ID(recruit). KP had a by so he is ready. Guru posted that he played but I'm not showing the score or that he's ready on the console.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
12-04-2010, 09:50 PM
i played but i cant set anything in my coaching philosophy, cant change visit and scholarship assist, cant change my default playbooks... nothing... so i left the dynasty to try and come back... when i did, it made me play the game again, so i did... got through the 1st quarter and lost my starting rb and wr for the season, and didnt see that fair since i had already played it and they were injured... so i played it AGAIN... and stupid crap shows that i didnt play it at all... my wife even watched me finish it b/c were getting ready to watch movies... ill play it late after everyone goes to bed... im sorry guys but i have no control over anything OD related apparently... since EA screwed up the pistol playbook audibles, and i cant even change my coaching philosophy on my buddy's PS3... im pretty much up the creek... when it comes to my human vs human games im going to go play at a buddy's house... to hopefully avoid some of my connection issues... its so frustrating in this new house when it comes to these online games...

"E"

fsuprime
12-04-2010, 10:10 PM
what a crazy game

Oneback
12-05-2010, 06:33 AM
All thats left is Escobar, g and I and ID needs to recruit. we should be able to advance today, hopefully.

psusnoop
12-05-2010, 07:28 AM
Sweet, psu has a qb change and bolden has won the starting job back after losing it last season after breaking his ribs.

Oneback
12-05-2010, 09:30 AM
g, I sent you a text as well...if your available to play now we can.

Oneback
12-05-2010, 11:04 AM
g and I just tried again but the EA Servers died on us.

JeffHCross
12-05-2010, 12:54 PM
Yeah, it looks like the servers are having some problems today. I can't get the Dynasty Wire to even load.

gschwendt
12-05-2010, 12:58 PM
Yeah, it looks like the servers are having some problems today. I can't get the Dynasty Wire to even load.
Yeah... even the Season Showdown server wasn't available when I played a Play Now game. I assume it's an issue with their network connection rather than the servers themselves being down.

http://www.unthinkable.biz/UserFiles/Image/Q32010/South%20Park%20Internet.jpg

Oneback
12-05-2010, 01:17 PM
It'd be different if I had some good NFL games on but I am getting Giants 21 - Redskins 0 and Jaguars 17 - Titans 0.

Kingpin32
12-05-2010, 01:36 PM
The servers are up now if you guys wanna try again.

JeffHCross
12-05-2010, 02:45 PM
Giants 21 - Redskins 0Imagine ... I get to deal with that every week.

Oneback
12-05-2010, 03:35 PM
In a game where both offenses struggled, with a combined offensive output by both teams just barely exceeding 400 yards total Michigan is able to get some lucky breaks and walk out of Madison with a 24-6 victory.

Wisconsin scored first after being stopped inside the 10 yard line with a chipshot field goal after Michigan quarterback Devin Garnder threw his first of two interceptions. Coach Oneback stated, "I am proud of the way our defense played today limiting the Badgers to 203 yards and two field goald and it started early after our offense gave up the ball."

The Michigan defense showed its resolve after both Gardner interceptions, once early in the first and again at the end of the first half when the offense was trying to push the ball down the field.

On the Badgers third drive of the game they were bitten by the interception bug when LOLB Ricky Woods picked off a pass to the flat and scored to give the Wolverines a 7-3 lead.

In the second half the Wolverines offensive coordinator all but gave up trying to throw the ball and lined up with two in the backfield and started pounding the ball at the Badgers undersized 3-3-5 defense and promptly put together a 13 play 80 yard drive which ended with Michigan leading 10-6.

From there Michigan's defense took over. Causing three more interceptions and four sacks to hold the Badger offense scoreless in the second half while the Michigan offense took advantage of short fields to score twice and a 24-6 win.

The game ended on the Michigan one yard line when the defense held strong on four straight runs by the Badger offense inside the 5. You could see a big smile on coach Oneback and was quoted after the game, "That has got to be the best goal line stand in that last 10 years."

As always g, great game. The game was A LOT closer than the final score and it had me sweating all game.

I'll try to get the video done quickly although I forgot to start the recording until after your first posession.

Oneback
12-05-2010, 03:37 PM
Only Escobar remains.

psusnoop
12-05-2010, 06:03 PM
Any word from Escobar?

Oneback
12-05-2010, 06:18 PM
None yet, I texted after my game with g.

Oneback
12-05-2010, 07:30 PM
Escobar just got off work and will text me when finished with his game.

psusnoop
12-05-2010, 09:45 PM
Sweet

Oneback
12-05-2010, 11:00 PM
Escobar hasn't played yet, I assume he is going to at some point tonight so I will advance in the morning if he has done so.