PDA

View Full Version : Unable to save audibles for Pistol Formation only?

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
12-02-2010, 08:23 PM
somebody go to your strategy section on the game, and try editing the offensive audibles for the "PISTOL" playbook... just the generic old school nevada one from last year...

EVERY SINGLE TIME i try to edit it and set audibles either offline in my settings, or online in a dynasty which would adjust my settings, it NEVER EVER EVER EVER SAVES... and its really pissing me off these days... since ive gotten back into OD's i am going to need those hot routes i always use when i face another human player...

post back if you can change it, as far as i know its the only book on the game that i CAN NOT change... its freaking pissing me off to the MAX...

"E"

cdj
12-02-2010, 09:04 PM
Is it doing that for any other formations?

Try and save manually after changing them. For some reason, Autosave doesn't work for me anymore and I have to manually save changes to anything I do in the game. Maybe you are having the same issue.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
12-02-2010, 09:13 PM
tried that already... doesnt work... also if i set them in exhibition and then quit game it wont register them there either...

i CAN NOT save my audibles for this playbook AT ALL... now im having to go Ohio just to be able to have audibles and thats going to lessen my passing yards... i forgot that i couldnt set them until the other night... since im getting close to a Hum vs Hum game with G in the Mid Tier dynasty... NOT HAPPY AT ALL ABOUT THIS...

"E"

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
12-02-2010, 10:23 PM
ok... so i tried this as well... i edited the air raid playbook audibles, then, swapped to pistol edited the audibles L3 to save, saved profile... and BOOM... air raid got saved but pistol DID NOT... if i edit it and then L3 to save manually with JUST editing the pistol book, it says "No unsaved files"

PORUHF$GP*(G:EIUFH)*U$H)*&HGFIU$P&*$Gf0GIUBPIFUF#)*&G_)&*GBPCIUBPOIU#B$)(*&)F&GCOYVCOI$U#FG)*&G#$FPUG@P$(&FG$*&GFPIUCBP&*EG#_&*PUCEG

seriously?

"E"

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
12-02-2010, 10:35 PM
alright chris... i turned OFF auto-save edited the audibles... and it gave me the option to MANUALLY SAVE finally after editing the pistol playbook audibles... i exit out... then go back to check and make sure it works, and what do you know, they are set back to default... AGAIN... someone please reply to this with a "oh yeah, you need to just _______" message because i am really starting to get annoyed... i dont understand why i cant save my audibles on this ONE PLAYBOOK... offense/defense any other playbook i can edit... but i can NOT save these for this book at all...

"E"

cdj
12-02-2010, 10:47 PM
That is really, really weird. I wish I had something to recommend, but I don't....

morsdraconis
12-02-2010, 11:23 PM
Umm... Yeah. They are broken. I thought I mentioned something about this forever ago, but I guess I didn't.

They definitely won't allow you to save the audibles for the generic Pistol playbook.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
12-02-2010, 11:47 PM
blah... edit... email going to devs about the situation... not happy at all

"E"

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
12-09-2010, 11:01 AM
ok... back with another one... you OD guys try to set your default offensive playbook to pistol and see if it says that it cant connect to server?

i can change defense and offense book to anything, but if i try to change offensive setting to pistol, disconnect... forces me to exit OD...

whats with all the hate and neglect on the pistol??????????????????? lol

"E"

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
12-09-2010, 08:29 PM
can i get one taker? please just one... somebody try it... so i can know

"E"

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
12-10-2010, 10:24 AM
wish someone would try this =\

its driving me nuts...

"E"

cdj
12-10-2010, 10:29 AM
I will give it a try when I get home this afternoon. That would be a weird in-game issue to have! Maybe they just don't want you to run the pistol. :P

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
12-10-2010, 12:44 PM
its a conspiracy i tell you... but i did have nearly 20 games in play now ranked games last year where i had 1,000+ offense in a game... i can work the pistol playbook as efficiently as i breathe... now... some of the plays have changed since last year and a ton of obvious work has been done on pass coverage... so while i can still some times rip off big offensive games, i havent up to this point got 1,000 on someone... but let me know... if it is a glitch, then a game update prob wont be able to fix, ill just have to wait until July :rolleyes:

"E"

cdj
12-10-2010, 07:52 PM
You're right....I can set the playbook to anything but Pistol. When I do that and it tries to upload the changes, it errors out at 87% and says the servers are unavailable. That is a good find on a bad glitch. I'll try and see what it does on the 360 version sometime this weekend.

JeffHCross
12-11-2010, 01:15 PM
Since Pistol is the last playbook in the list, I predict it's a simple counting bug in their code. Stupid, but simple.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
12-11-2010, 01:35 PM
that wouldnt be something they can update is it...?? i mean we still have a while before 12... could really use some audibles and formation subs in these dynasty games lol

"E"

JeffHCross
12-11-2010, 03:35 PM
I would think they could update it, but I wouldn't expect or hope for it. After the first two patches, they have to pay M$ and Sony for any patch they make. So unless we find a lot of other bugs worth patching, or they find that the generic Pistol is the most used playbook in the game ...

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
12-11-2010, 04:13 PM
Lame

"E"

MJPalk21
01-15-2011, 07:56 PM
I can't save for the "Run and Shoot" either. I know how you feel. Pretty much sucks.

JeffHCross
01-15-2011, 08:40 PM
Hm ... I was ready to attribute it to Pistol being the last playbook in the list. I wonder if there are more "generic" playbooks in this year's version than last year's. That could explain how a bug like this could crop up.