PDA

View Full Version : PSN Store Thread

Pages : [1] 2

JBHuskers
05-19-2010, 06:31 PM
Use this thread to talk about the games in the PSN Store.

JBHuskers
05-19-2010, 06:32 PM
I just bought The Price Is Right in the PSN Store...it's just like the PC game...and there are a ton of TPIR games (20+ I think) in it. Definitely worth $10.

texacotea
05-19-2010, 06:49 PM
I just bought The Price Is Right in the PSN Store...it's just like the PC game...and there are a ton of TPIR games (20+ I think) in it. Definitely worth $10.

Prob will pick this up also....the wife loves wheel and jeopardy. Anyone seen anything on the sprint car game?

UGA14
05-19-2010, 07:03 PM
I bought Lead and Gold the other day for $15. It's a fun little Western game. I've got Fat Princess, Battlefield 1943, Hustle Kings (pretty fun pool game), StarDustHD I think it is called, and rag doll kung fu or whatever that game is, it was free at one time.

I'm always looking for some good PSN games.

JBHuskers
05-19-2010, 07:04 PM
Prob will pick this up also....the wife loves wheel and jeopardy. Anyone seen anything on the sprint car game?

Haven't looked into the Sprint Car one...may wait for a price drop on that.

Your wife will definitely love TPIR .... it's well done.

UGA14
05-19-2010, 07:15 PM
I'm looking at the Sprint Racing one but it is $20. A lot for a PSN game.

Here's a review... http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/106/1069443p1.html ... it's the same game. Pretty bad review.

Rudy
05-19-2010, 08:34 PM
Rag Doll Kung Fu was a really fun game. I loved to torment my son while playing. He didn't seem to like that. My kids liked Bomberman a lot as well. We bought the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game but it's not that good. I'd avoid that.

I OU a Beatn
05-19-2010, 09:06 PM
I've been considering World of Outlaws: Sprint Cars since it released a few weeks ago. It looks kind of fun...and it has a platinum trophy, but I haven't pulled the trigger on it yet. Same thing with Trine. It looks fun...and has a platinum, but I'm not sure it's worth the $14.99. I'll jump on both of them if they ever go below $10.

I personally can't wait for a couple upcoming PSN titles:

Castle Crashers - 'nuff said.
Blacklight: Tango Down - just looks completely badass
Tecmo Bowl - haven't decided if it's a buy yet or not
Dead Nation - love zombie games

UGA14
05-19-2010, 10:54 PM
Tecmo is fun. I got it on the Xbox.

JBHuskers
05-20-2010, 06:02 PM
Top Gun coming to PSN exclusively this summer! http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/05/20/great-balls-of-fire-top-gun-is-coming-to-psn/

JeffHCross
05-20-2010, 08:45 PM
Top Gun coming to PSN exclusively this summer! http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/05/20/great-balls-of-fire-top-gun-is-coming-to-psn/I hope it is as good as the PC game I used to obsessively play, and better than any other Top Gun title that's ever been made.

cdj
06-01-2010, 06:46 PM
Picked up Tecmo Bowl Throwback today. Hope to give it a whirl tonight or tomorrow.

I OU a Beatn
06-01-2010, 09:23 PM
I got Tecmo Bowl and Planet Minigolf. Played both for a few moments, both seem fun.

JBHuskers
06-01-2010, 10:03 PM
I got Tecmo Bowl and Planet Minigolf. Played both for a few moments, both seem fun.

Got Tecmo, need to get another PSN Card (never using a CC On the PSN ever again...long story), as I think Planet Minigolf looks good, let me know how it is Beatn, and we'll have to battle in Tecmo sometime. Hoping someone does a USB roster file. Never really got an answer at OS, and I don't have the time to do it myself. I haven't been to OS in a while, so maybe someone figured it out. However, it just may not have been possible to do on the 360.

JeffHCross
06-01-2010, 10:08 PM
Oy ... between the holiday and getting accustomed to PSN updates on Thursday, I totally forgot stuff dropped today.

Mod Nation Racers Artist Spotlight for Kevin Butler. Must download (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/05/17/modnation-racers-artist-spotlight-kevin-butler-nuff-said/). Was so awesome.

JBHuskers
06-01-2010, 10:50 PM
To rehash what I had said previously on Tecmo Bowl Throwback when it came out for the 360, if you were a fan, you'll love it. CDJ and I just played an online non-ranked match (can't invite friends to ranked ones) it was a defense fest as I came out on top 6-2, but no lag whatsoever, which was nice. Played really smooth online.

JBHuskers
06-01-2010, 10:52 PM
Oy ... between the holiday and getting accustomed to PSN updates on Thursday, I totally forgot stuff dropped today.

Mod Nation Racers Artist Spotlight for Kevin Butler. Must download (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/05/17/modnation-racers-artist-spotlight-kevin-butler-nuff-said/). Was so awesome.

That video was f'n hilarious :D

"I got your new job title, VP of washing my car" BUAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

I OU a Beatn
06-01-2010, 11:04 PM
I've only played one game against the CPU and got my ass spanked, so it'll be awhile before I'm even remotely competitive.

cdj
06-01-2010, 11:14 PM
PLayed a game vs. CPU and won 31-7. Remembered some of my playing styles and tips as the game went on. Played as Detroit vs. New England. That RB #20 sure is good.

JBHuskers
06-01-2010, 11:50 PM
PLayed a game vs. CPU and won 31-7. Remembered some of my playing styles and tips as the game went on. Played as Detroit vs. New England. That RB #20 sure is good.

What was his name....it escapes me.

cdj
06-01-2010, 11:53 PM
What was his name....it escapes me.

Pickens.

JBHuskers
06-02-2010, 12:04 AM
Pickens.

Richard Pickens?

JBHuskers
06-02-2010, 12:06 AM
Got Planet Minigolf (thanks Vio) .... Vio is saying it can't handle more than two people online right now....at least Tecmo Bowl Throwback online went without a hitch, the mics were even great.

I OU a Beatn
06-02-2010, 12:29 AM
Tecmo, since when was a punt that went into the endzone and not taken out a safety?

Is there anyway you can change players while the play is going on on defense?

cdj
06-02-2010, 12:44 AM
Tecmo, since when was a punt that went into the endzone and not taken out a safety?

- That's the way it was in the old game too, I believe. :o

- Nope, just like the old days. I was annoyed by this fact when playing JB as well.

Maybe these old 'classics' aren't as great as we remember. :D It's still fun - don't get me wrong - but it's funny what we considered commonplace and not an issue in older games.

steelerfan
06-02-2010, 12:55 AM
I have several PSN games. I buy them so I have something my daughter (8 years old) and I can play together when I have her.

I have TPIR, WOF, Rampage, Gauntlet 2, Joust, Feeding Frenzy 2, UNO and Namco Museum Essentials.

I must say that UNO is surprisingly deep with the different rules to play with and it's alot of fun to play online.

steelerfan
06-02-2010, 12:58 AM

You should be used to that from Backbreaker.

:p

JBHuskers
06-02-2010, 08:27 AM

Yeah there were never touchbacks in a Tecmo Bowl game ever. At least in the 8-bit world.

You should be used to that from Backbreaker.

:p

Is it that way in Backbreaker? :D

Planet Minigolf has some RIDICULOUS holes, but when you're playing against someone online that you know, it's a blast. The funny thing is the mics are not great, but you can mostly understand the other person. But the funny thing about the mics is the fact that it makes the other guy sound like they have a cold :D

Violator
06-02-2010, 08:07 PM
yeah i still say those mics we would be better with a string and 2 tin cans
but its ZEN studios so i would HOPE they get it all worked out soon, and yeah some of those courses are flipping HARD!!!

JeffHCross
06-02-2010, 09:08 PM
Is it that way in Backbreaker? :DYep. TD catches in the back of the endzone are touchbacks and touchbacks are safeties, from what I've read online.

JBHuskers
06-03-2010, 01:56 AM
yeah i still say those mics we would be better with a string and 2 tin cans
but its ZEN studios so i would HOPE they get it all worked out soon, and yeah some of those courses are flipping HARD!!!

Yeah I've never heard mics that make the other dude sound like they have a cold :D but we were dying laughing at some of the ridiculous holes in the game. So all-in-all with a buddy it's a blast.

steelerfan
06-05-2010, 03:03 AM
Yep. TD catches in the back of the endzone are touchbacks and touchbacks are safeties, from what I've read online.

Wow, I knew about the TD catches being touchbacks but I was kidding about touchbacks being safeties in BB.

:D:D:D:D

steelerfan
06-05-2010, 03:10 AM
I finally got Tecmo. Man, I know some of you guys are around my age (36) but I would bet any amount of money that I wasted more of my youth than just about anyone with Tecmo. I remember playing a 3 team season straight through (it took us 27 hours) with 2 friends once. I loved this game soooo much as I know alot of you did. It's good to have Tecmo back in the fold and I'd love to play some of you online.

Rudy
06-05-2010, 05:25 AM
I remember playing with different teams in Tecmo Superbowl just to achieve different things. Example, I played with Cleveland just to see how many carries and receptions I could get with Eric Metcalf. I tried to get him the ball every play. One season with Miami I tried to see how many yards I could get with Sammie Smith. I gave him the rock on almost every play, even third downs. I went 13-3 and sacrificed wins to do it lol. I can't remember how many carries he ended up with but it was a lot. I think I rushed for around 5000 yards. A lot of those came early and then the progressive difficulty made that attack much harder.

cdj
06-05-2010, 08:31 AM
steelerfan - I saw you playing it last night; let's get a game in sometime! Rudy, did you buy it yet?

steelerfan
06-05-2010, 10:27 AM
steelerfan - I saw you playing it last night; let's get a game in sometime! Rudy, did you buy it yet?

Absolutely, brother!

Rudy
06-05-2010, 11:15 AM
No, I haven't bought Tecmo yet. I'm not sure if I will. It's only $10 but I'm trying to get as many baseball games in (MLB 2K10) until NCAA 11 comes out. I can play the DS version on my kids DS if I want.

JeffHCross
06-05-2010, 12:58 PM
Joe Danger (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/109/1094988p1.html). Want, Want, WANT!

Rudy
06-05-2010, 07:05 PM
Can you share PS3 roster files for Tecmo? I would definitely consider Tecmo Bowl more if I could get a copy of updated rosters easily (28 teams at least).

jaymo76
06-05-2010, 09:18 PM
- That's the way it was in the old game too, I believe. :o

- Nope, just like the old days. I was annoyed by this fact when playing JB as well.

Maybe these old 'classics' aren't as great as we remember. :D It's still fun - don't get me wrong - but it's funny what we considered commonplace and not an issue in older games.

I loved the original tecmo super bowl but I am scared to buy it because in our modern era it is so dated and I don't want to think poorly of a game I loved soo much as a kid.

Violator
06-05-2010, 11:19 PM
I played some planet minigolf with the wife and kids this evening. I have to say it was a great buy. wifey isnt a gamer and hates to play them but we all had a blast. I dont get how some of those holes were par 2's when there was no way to get the ball to the hole in 2 shots!!
but great game, and can i get a review on tecmo online? is it any good??

JBHuskers
06-06-2010, 03:14 AM
I played some planet minigolf with the wife and kids this evening. I have to say it was a great buy. wifey isnt a gamer and hates to play them but we all had a blast. I dont get how some of those holes were par 2's when there was no way to get the ball to the hole in 2 shots!!
but great game, and can i get a review on tecmo online? is it any good??

Tecmo is fun...if you were a fan back in the day, you'll love it.

JBHuskers
06-06-2010, 03:14 AM
Can you share PS3 roster files for Tecmo? I would definitely consider Tecmo Bowl more if I could get a copy of updated rosters easily (28 teams at least).

Gonna look into that when I get some free time.

Coachdenz
06-06-2010, 11:34 AM
It's been so long since I played tecmo, so I just jumped
online and played someone that would line up at NT everytime I was under center and just blew me up when I tried to run or pass is there anything you can counter this with? The only thing I could do was go to the shotgun. Any ideas?

I OU a Beatn
06-08-2010, 09:49 AM
Joe Danger out today! Booyah!

JBHuskers
06-08-2010, 10:17 AM
Joe Danger out today! Booyah!

Don't know much about this one.

gschwendt
06-08-2010, 10:25 AM
Don't know much about this one.
Think of it as Excitebike 2010.

JBHuskers
06-08-2010, 10:26 AM
Think of it as Excitebike 2010.

OOOH yeah okay now...I remember seeing something that was like Trials HD coming, didn't put the title with that game.

I OU a Beatn
06-08-2010, 10:31 AM
Yeah, it's a lot like Trials HD. It is $15, which is a little pricey for a game like this I think, but I might just buy it anyway.

UGA14
06-08-2010, 11:04 AM
When and if you guys buy it can you tell me if you can download EVERYBODY's tracks that are uploaded? Trials was fun and the creator was cool but you could only download friend's tracks, which greatly hurt the game. If I can download anyone's tracks then this game would be limitless for me and I would probably get it.

JBHuskers
06-08-2010, 07:05 PM
Joe Danger got a 9.5 on IGN, 89 on Meta

UGA14
06-09-2010, 12:00 PM
Yeah the score is good. I'm just worried the game is like Trials in that you can only share created tracks with your friends.

I OU a Beatn
06-09-2010, 11:00 PM
I didn't buy it yet, but I probably will soon. If it was $9.99, I'd be all over it, but I don't know if I can justify spending $15 on it.

Anyway, finally heard some more about Dead Nation today, the upcoming PSN exclusive. Even got a new trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGCYQlz5eQ0

I've been wanting this game ever since it was announced like a year ago. From the sounds of it, it isn't coming out for another few months yet, which is a real bummer, but I'm just excited it's still in development. I was beginning to think it was canned.

UGA14
06-09-2010, 11:20 PM
I read this about Joe Danger on their forums...
No, you can't. Sadly, you can only share your friends..

Unfortunately that makes it a no-buy for me. Especially at that price.

JeffHCross
06-13-2010, 09:14 PM
:D :D :D

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/109/1096870p1.html

Paramount Digital Entertainment, NASCAR, Sony Computer Entertainment of America ("SCEA") and Piranha Games today announced the upcoming launch of Days of Thunder: NASCAR Edition, a stock car arcade racer that will be available exclusively on the PlayStation Network for the PlayStation?3 (PS3™) computer entertainment system this summer. Days of Thunder: NASCAR Edition gives players the opportunity to go head-to-head against select NASCAR Sprint Cup drivers, including champions such as Jimmie Johnson, Jeff Gordon, and Tony Stewart, and the drivers from the iconic "Days of Thunder" film from Paramount Pictures.

JeffHCross
06-13-2010, 09:14 PM
On another note, is there single player in Joe Danger, or is it all multi?

JBHuskers
06-13-2010, 09:56 PM
Wonder how different Dead Nation will be from Zombie Apocalypse.

jaymo76
06-13-2010, 11:49 PM
I didn't buy it yet, but I probably will soon. If it was $9.99, I'd be all over it, but I don't know if I can justify spending $15 on it.

Anyway, finally heard some more about Dead Nation today, the upcoming PSN exclusive. Even got a new trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGCYQlz5eQ0

I've been wanting this game ever since it was announced like a year ago. From the sounds of it, it isn't coming out for another few months yet, which is a real bummer, but I'm just excited it's still in development. I was beginning to think it was canned.

Which version of RESIDENT EVIL is this? The themes of these games seem so repetitive today. Where is the originality?

I OU a Beatn
06-14-2010, 02:24 AM
Meh, they can only have so many ideas. You're seeing a lot of the same ideas being applied, but with much improved graphics, game engines, modes, co-op, etc..it keeps things fresh. I'm personally highly anticipating Dead Nation, even though it does look a lot like Zombie Apocalypse. The thing with ZA is that is was extremely repetitive and got boring. This will supposedly actually follow a story line, so that should help keep things fresh. I just love me some good zombie shooters.

steelerfan
06-14-2010, 02:33 AM
If you have kids, Hampster Ball is cool. My daughter loves it and I experience a little motion sickness when playing the gravity levels.:D

JBHuskers
06-14-2010, 08:40 AM
Meh, they can only have so many ideas. You're seeing a lot of the same ideas being applied, but with much improved graphics, game engines, modes, co-op, etc..it keeps things fresh. I'm personally highly anticipating Dead Nation, even though it does look a lot like Zombie Apocalypse. The thing with ZA is that is was extremely repetitive and got boring. This will supposedly actually follow a story line, so that should help keep things fresh. I just love me some good zombie shooters.

Dropping the mines in Dead Nation looks sweet.

Cartman58
06-22-2010, 09:22 AM
Anybody playing Catan? I'm a board game/strat game nerd and am enjoying this. It's definitely worth the $6.99 if you are into strat games at all. Admittedly it does have a little bit of a learning curve.

JBHuskers
06-22-2010, 12:34 PM
Look at what might be coming back, and possibly to PSN and XBLA!!!!!

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2010/06/screen-shot-2010-06-21-at-5.29.51-pm.png

A little part of gaming history died when the final You Don't Know Jack episode went live on Jellyvision's website. Fortunately, if you thought that was the end of the long run for the classic quiz games, then you don't ... well, you know. As originally heard on the Giant Bomb podcast and later confirmed on the official site, Jellyvision is partnering up to THQ to bring the series back yet again.

More details are expected later this year, so we don't know just yet if this is a new game or simply a new way to play the old ones (a release on XBLA or PSN would be nice). Show host Cookie says on the Bombcast intro that he's been working on a game for three months already, so a new title isn't out of the question. Either way, we can't wait to get Jack back. Life just hasn't been the same without a good Jack Attack every once in a while -- remember the clue!

I OU a Beatn
06-22-2010, 09:28 PM
Deathspank coming July 13. Think of it as Diablo with a sense of humor.

JeffHCross
06-23-2010, 11:41 PM
Look at what might be coming back, and possibly to PSN and XBLA!!!!!Hell yes.

Since you guys ignored me the first time .... Joe Danger. Single player? Yes? No?

JBHuskers
06-24-2010, 08:27 AM
Hell yes.

Since you guys ignored me the first time .... Joe Danger. Single player? Yes? No?

No clue, that's why I ignored you :D

JeffHCross
06-24-2010, 11:21 PM
Hell ... I'm an idiot. A quick Google search says yes, and apparently it's actually a decent single player experience.

I OU a Beatn
07-18-2010, 11:43 AM
Finally got around to buying Deathspank. Can't wait for it to download so I can play it.

gschwendt
07-18-2010, 12:46 PM
Finally got around to buying Deathspank. Can't wait for it to download so I can play it.
Bought it last night as well... pretty enjoyable.

JBHuskers
07-24-2010, 12:13 AM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2010/07/scottpilgrimpreorder.jpg

Good to see this game is going to be $10 rather than $15.....I think I'll get it. Had some good hype at E3.

I OU a Beatn
07-24-2010, 12:15 AM
I'm getting it as well. There's a bunch of really solid titles coming out soon on PSN. Blacklight: Tango Down, Scott Pilgrim, and Shank are all coming out really soon. Deathspank released a little over a week ago on top of that, and it's a great little RPG.

JBHuskers
07-24-2010, 12:23 AM
I'm getting it as well. There's a bunch of really solid titles coming out soon on PSN. Blacklight: Tango Down, Scott Pilgrim, and Shank are all coming out really soon. Deathspank released a little over a week ago on top of that, and it's a great little RPG.

Yeah I think I'm going to get Deathspank....maybe for 360 cuz I'm not sure I have enough dough on the PS3.

oweb26
07-24-2010, 07:06 PM
I am going to have to get the 360 discussion thread going, to many PS3 people, I already have Blacklight on my 360 its a pretty solid $12.50 game. I just played the trial game for deathspank this morning it was pretty fun, will probably buy it sometime tomorrow mostly because I have already spent too much money today and I want to make myself feel like I am dispersing my funds...:)

JBHuskers
07-25-2010, 12:17 AM
I am going to have to get the 360 discussion thread going, to many PS3 people, I already have Blacklight on my 360 its a pretty solid $12.50 game. I just played the trial game for deathspank this morning it was pretty fun, will probably buy it sometime tomorrow mostly because I have already spent too much money today and I want to make myself feel like I am dispersing my funds...:)

Way ahead of you :P

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?134-XBLA-Marketplace-Games-Discussion

JBHuskers
07-29-2010, 02:58 PM
Earthworm Jim August 3rd!

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2010/07/gamearthwormjimhd2530.jpg

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/07/29/earthworm-jim-hd-wriggles-onto-psn-august-3/

PS3 owners who've been jealous of nearly every other platform's chance to get their hands on the unbridled power of "puh-laaazmuh" will be pleased to learn Gameloft's HD remake of Earthworm Jim, appropriately titled Earthworm Jim HD, will hit the PlayStation Store next Tuesday, August 3.

So, what bonus features has Gameloft injected into this version of the game as an apology for its tardiness? Well, it's available for $9.99, which is ... the exact same price as the Xbox 360 version. However, you don't have to do any conversions to arbitrary "Microbucks" -- it's just ten dollars, plain and simple. That's what the PS3 version offers: Convenience.

skipwondah33
07-29-2010, 03:07 PM
lol use to be one of my favorites back in the day

JeffHCross
07-29-2010, 09:26 PM
The Scott Pilgrim vs The World pic you posted makes a lot more sense after seeing the movie trailer.

steelerfan
07-29-2010, 09:58 PM
If anyone is considering a 'game show' game, I think Family Feud' is the most well done of the lot.

JBHuskers
07-30-2010, 09:16 AM
The Scott Pilgrim vs The World pic you posted makes a lot more sense after seeing the movie trailer.

Yeah LOL, I knew there was a game before I knew there was a movie.

If anyone is considering a 'game show' game, I think Family Feud' is the most well done of the lot.

Agreed. Very well done.

UGA14
07-30-2010, 09:20 AM
Is it exactly like the Wii game? I bought that, it's a PITA to type the words in because of the motion controls, but it is fun.

JBHuskers
07-30-2010, 10:13 AM
Is it exactly like the Wii game? I bought that, it's a PITA to type the words in because of the motion controls, but it is fun.

As you type the word, four word suggestions pop up on the L1, L2, R1, and R2 buttons, so it's not a huge PITA, I just wish it had USB keyboard support.

JBHuskers
08-02-2010, 08:53 AM
Scott Pilgrim next week...here's a video preview:

http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/22138/scott-pilgrim-vs-the-world-the-game/videos/scottp_vdp_071910.html

Looks pretty sweet.

JBHuskers
08-16-2010, 03:33 PM
Red Faction: Battlegrounds is coming to PSN and XBLA .... looks NICE.

http://www.thq.com/uk/thqtv/index?movieId=4212

cdj
08-24-2010, 08:18 AM
Big money, no Whammies! Press Your Luck coming to PSN (http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/24/big-money-no-whammies-press-your-luck-coming-to-psn/)

JBHuskers
08-24-2010, 09:50 AM
Big money, no Whammies! Press Your Luck coming to PSN (http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/24/big-money-no-whammies-press-your-luck-coming-to-psn/)

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

I figured this was coming since it was out for Wii and hopefully they do a good job with this like Ludia did with Feud (even though the servers have been crap lately).

steelerfan
08-24-2010, 11:25 PM

Oh, hell yeah!

Now, I wanna see Joker's Wild and $ale of the Century!

JeffHCross
08-25-2010, 12:16 AM
It's hilariously bad in some ways, but still fun.

Rudy
08-25-2010, 05:33 AM
Downloaded the Joe Danger demo. It looked fun. My son was having a blast on a few boards. Looking forward to the Lara Croft demo which is out exclusively on the 360 right now. Should be out late September on the PSN.

JBHuskers
08-25-2010, 08:39 AM
Oh, hell yeah!

Now, I wanna see Joker's Wild and $ale of the Century!

Oh FOR SURE!

I dunno if $ale of the Century would be known by a lot of people, but Joker's Wild, maybe Tic Tac Dough. I'm am such a HUGE game show junkie. Pyramid has been done on the PC before, Card Sharks has been too (had them both back in high school for the PC).

Press Your Luck is really fun for the price. If it was a $40 title like on the Wii, I'd be pissed. Did get an online game last night, was $7000 behind the leader with two spins to go and f'n whammied. Part of me was thinking about being an asshole and passing the last spin on the leader :D

steelerfan
08-25-2010, 01:58 PM
Hmm. My thought was that $ale of the Century was more popular. I do think Joker's Wild is more memorable though.

I'm sure my daughter will have no trouble convincing me to get PYL soon, lol.

JBHuskers
08-25-2010, 02:27 PM
Hmm. My thought was that $ale of the Century was more popular. I do think Joker's Wild is more memorable though.

I'm sure my daughter will have no trouble convincing me to get PYL soon, lol.

I just don't know if pepole remember it much today. Wasn't the host of that the same dude from Card Sharks?

JeffHCross
08-26-2010, 11:20 PM
I have been playing waaaaayyyyyyyyy too many PSN games lately. Finished the two Penny Aracde games, then got Pixel Junk Racers 2nd Lap, now I've got Mushroom Wars, Top Gun, and Press Your Luck all ready to go ... probably going to get Joe Danger at some point too. Tecmo Bowl and After Burner are also on my 'possible' list.

JBHuskers
08-27-2010, 05:33 PM
Yeah I'm interested in Joe Danger, not sure if it is worth $15. From the sounds of the reviews, it is.

UGA14
08-27-2010, 08:19 PM
It's fun but not worth $15 to me.

CLW
09-06-2010, 11:39 AM
I've NEVER done this but Tecmo and some others intrigue me. Is there anyway to tell which games have trophies and which do not? Oh and IOU the Outlaw Game was really fun and pretty realistic back in the day. My brother used to race sprint cars and he and the other guys would talk about how good the game was.

JeffHCross
09-06-2010, 11:48 AM
CLW, just go to PS3Trophies.org and look for the game. Or Google the game and "Trophies". That tells you real quick.

JBHuskers
09-06-2010, 12:06 PM
Anything half recent will have trophies.

Rudy
09-06-2010, 02:53 PM
I am looking forward to the Lara Croft Tomb Raider game on Sept 28. The 360 guys really seem to like it as the demo was an early exclusive for MS.

CLW
09-06-2010, 03:17 PM
CLW, just go to PS3Trophies.org and look for the game. Or Google the game and "Trophies". That tells you real quick.

LOL good lord guys are saying the NCAA 11 Plat is "easy". Then again they appear to be using some pretty "cheesy" methods of getting it. They even created a Team Builder 2 star team for that 5 star recruit trophy.

JeffHCross
09-06-2010, 05:30 PM
LOL good lord guys are saying the NCAA 11 Plat is "easy". Then again they appear to be using some pretty "cheesy" methods of getting it. They even created a Team Builder 2 star team for that 5 star recruit trophy."Easy" is a relative term over there. The guy who wrote the trophy guide estimated it at 40 hours if you're playing legitimately, and 5/10 difficulty if you know sports games. That's probably "easy" to them.

To most people, there's nothing "easy" about that.

But when you compare it to a game like Mirror's Edge ... trust me, it's easy. Or a game like Resistance 2 that required 10,000 online kills.

CLW
09-06-2010, 06:45 PM
"Easy" is a relative term over there. The guy who wrote the trophy guide estimated it at 40 hours if you're playing legitimately, and 5/10 difficulty if you know sports games. That's probably "easy" to them.

To most people, there's nothing "easy" about that.

But when you compare it to a game like Mirror's Edge ... trust me, it's easy. Or a game like Resistance 2 that required 10,000 online kills.

Thats true any subjective terms like "easy" "hard" "hot" "cold" etc.... are all relative.

JeffHCross
09-06-2010, 06:54 PM
Well, yeah, of course. That's why I offered some examples for perspective too :D

I OU a Beatn
09-29-2010, 10:58 AM
To buy the Guardian of Light or not to buy is the question I'm facing.

Super V8 Racing also launches on October 26th on PSN for $19.99 and will feature a full platinum trophy plus it just looks bad ass. Sold.

JBHuskers
09-29-2010, 11:37 AM
To buy the Guardian of Light or not to buy is the question I'm facing.

Super V8 Racing also launches on October 26th on PSN for $19.99 and will feature a full platinum trophy plus it just looks bad ass. Sold.

I have it for 360, but haven't gotten a chance to play it yet. I figured since I already was going to buy three of the Summer of Arcade, I'd get all five to get the free $15 they're going to give me.

I'm interested in V8 Racing as well....also I wonder if that $20 fishing game has a platinum too. LOL

I OU a Beatn
09-29-2010, 02:25 PM
Probably. Most PSN games that are above $15 have platinum trophies from what I've seen.

JBHuskers
09-29-2010, 02:31 PM
Probably. Most PSN games that are above $15 have platinum trophies from what I've seen.

I'm not sure if this is the same game that was in the PSN:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/rapala-pro-bass-fishing/trophies/

I did a search on IGN and it lists it as a $39.99 retail game that came out yesterday.

But I think there is a fishing game that is $19.99 on the PSN.

I OU a Beatn
09-29-2010, 02:38 PM
I saw that yesterday in Walmart with the fishing pole attachment so I don't know if that's going to be a PSN release or not.

JBHuskers
09-29-2010, 02:39 PM
I saw that yesterday in Walmart with the fishing pole attachment so I don't know if that's going to be a PSN release or not.

Yeah last night surfing around the store I found a fishing game for $19.99.

JBHuskers
09-29-2010, 02:39 PM

Hmmmm......

http://insidepulse.com/2010/09/29/psn-psp-store-weekly-update-rapala-pro-bass-fishing-god-of-war-ghost-of-sparta-demo-more/

I think that's it, wonder why IGN has $39.99.

JBHuskers
09-29-2010, 02:41 PM
I wonder if $39.99 is with the pole attachment or something?

Rudy
09-29-2010, 03:57 PM
I've heard good things about the Lara Croft game. I'm downloading the demo right now. Hope to try it out tonight.

Rudy
09-30-2010, 05:31 AM
The demo for Lara Croft is pretty long. I liked it quite a bit. The camera is like the Marvel Ultimate Alliance games. There are some puzzles and you can do quite a bit. You have different weapons, can detonate bombs, swing across stuff, etc. The normal difficulty seemed pretty easy so I might play through this on Hard. I don't know if I finished the demo as I had to go but I did beat the boss at the end but didn't finish the extra treasure area. I'm interested in seeing the co-op with my son. The game does a great job of providing a tutorial while you play so it doesn't take long at all to get used to the controls. I certainly see myself plunking down $15 for this. Will the expansion packs be new boards?

JBHuskers
09-30-2010, 10:20 AM
The fishing game for $19.99 is for PSP.....

JBHuskers
10-25-2010, 12:10 PM
can't wait :drool: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/112/1129975p1.html

I OU a Beatn
10-25-2010, 11:54 PM
Blacklight Tango Down out tomorrow on the store. Dead Nation still doesn't have a release date. Damn it, Sony.

oweb26
10-26-2010, 09:10 AM
Blacklight Tango actually wasnt that bad for a game that was roughly 15 dollars if I remember correctly. It wasnt the best, it was better than MOH. Lol. I still start it up from time to time on my 360

JBHuskers
10-27-2010, 01:25 AM
Superstars V8 Racing is a retail to download game that came out today in the PSN for $20, and I was one of 50 lucky winners to win a free code from the developer O-Game's Facebook page :))

JBHuskers
11-16-2010, 09:57 AM
An oldie but goodie...Tetris will be coming next month!

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/16/tetris-set-to-drop-on-psn-in-december-from-ea/

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2010/11/tetris.psn.111610-530px.png

The most prolific puzzler of them all is coming to PS3 next month, care of Electronic Arts. Tetris, the game of simple falling blocks, is getting an extravagant makeover for its downloadable debut on PSN (which was foretold of by Sony back in February) complete with 1080p visuals and six-channel audio -- but the area that's getting the most attention is multiplayer.

This new Tetris will support competitive online play for up to six players at once, and cooperative play for two teams of two in its aptly titled Team Battle mode. In this variant of the classic's gameplay, players have the option of changing play styles on-the-fly between offense and defense -- the former sending lines to the opposition, the latter removing them from their own team's wells.

Pricing and a firm release date are forthcoming. In the meantime, check out the first screens below!

JBHuskers
11-23-2010, 10:47 PM
Couple of good games this week....Pac Man Championship Edition DX is a MUST get....and I also got Spelunker HD which is a remake of a classic.

JBHuskers
11-24-2010, 11:36 AM
Spelunker HD is FUN, but it is a BITCH....very tough.

JeffHCross
11-25-2010, 10:26 PM
Definitely picked up Dragon's Lair last night. Looking forward to enjoying it.

morsdraconis
11-25-2010, 10:56 PM
So, I took the plunge and bought a PS3. Sadly, looking over the PSN games, there isn't much to see that isn't also on the XBLA marketplace. Was hoping for more PSN only titles.

JeffHCross
11-25-2010, 10:59 PM
Look over this list, mors. I think you're overlooking a lot of titles: http://www.gamepro.com/article/features/215171/the-30-best-psn-games/

morsdraconis
11-25-2010, 11:27 PM
I had forgotten about Flower and Echochrome. Both of those games look amazing. Fat Princess is also fun looking, but being as multiplayer oriented as it is, I'm not sure it's as fun as it originally sounded (dumb ass people always ruin things). And, of course, Pixel Junk Eden and Shooter look really great as well (not interested in Monsters because I fuckin' hate Tower Defense games).

So, yeah, there are a couple of games that I'm definitely going to get, but, in the end, I'm a bit disappointed that there aren't more. Not sure what I expected considering how many of the PSN games started out as exclusives to PSN but then got XBLA ports and such.

JeffHCross
11-25-2010, 11:38 PM
I played the Fat Princess demo as single player, and it was still a fun game. And a challenge, too, since I, at least, wasn't much better than my AI opponents or comrades.

UGA14
11-26-2010, 08:33 AM
Fat Princess online is actually pretty fun too.

JeffHCross
11-26-2010, 10:32 AM
Yeah ... there's also an inherent limit to how dumb the people can be online. Unless they're going to throw the game, there's only so much they can do to screw up the game.

I OU a Beatn
11-26-2010, 11:09 AM
Dead Nation on Tuesday will be the shit.

souljahbill
11-27-2010, 01:34 PM
I played the Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light demo and I'm hoping someone gives me a PSN card for Christmas so I can cop that joint.

JBHuskers
11-27-2010, 08:05 PM
Got the hang of Spelunker HD after playing a few times....man this game is a blast. Hopefully someone else gets it so we can co-op.

JBHuskers
11-29-2010, 12:42 PM
Dead Nation is tomorrow .... here is the trailer (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/11/29/dead-nation-hits-playstation-store-this-week-eradicate-the-infection/).

I OU a Beatn
12-01-2010, 12:19 AM
Picked up Dead Nation. Duh. I've only been anticipating it since it was announced. Absolutely fucking epic of a game and for only $15 no less. If any of you buy it, DEFINITELY shoot me a friend request. I would love to be able to play some co-op with some of you. Cough JB cough.

JBHuskers
12-02-2010, 10:24 AM
Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime coming this spring!

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2010/12/ghostbusterssanctumofslime530.jpg

Violator
12-02-2010, 09:13 PM
ok, im out of the loop somewhat on dead nation, wtf is it about? and how is it so far beatn?

I OU a Beatn
12-02-2010, 11:45 PM
It is a top down zombie survival game. It has the camera view of games like Burn Zombie Burn and Zombie Apocalypse, but it's not arcade style like those games. There's an actual story line and instead of fighting in an enclosed space until you kill all the zombies, there's an actual level for you to progress through. The graphics and lighting are absolutely amazing. There's split screen and online co-op with matchmaking. There's 10 levels, takes about 8-12 hours to beat depending on difficulty level, has a weapon upgrade system, and has the twin stick shooter control scheme. If you ever played Super Stardust HD, the control scheme is similar. I personally love it, but here's some gameplay for ya:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-syxOHFqN0k

morsdraconis
12-03-2010, 12:01 AM
Looks like it's really fun.

I OU a Beatn
12-03-2010, 12:36 AM
It is. I have GT5 sitting here and have only spent like 2 hours on it because I've been playing the shit out of Dead Nation. It's an absolute gem of a game.

JBHuskers
12-07-2010, 08:32 AM
From Playstation's Twitter

Yeah! NEOGEO Titles are Officially InBound to the PlayStation®Store for Both PS3 & PSP Systems http://bit.ly/fwFUG6 [Nostalgia FTW!] #neogeo

This is pretty cool, I played New Geo games a TON in the arcade when I was a kid. Especially The Art of Fighting.

gschwendt
12-07-2010, 08:39 AM
From Playstation's Twitter

Yeah! NEOGEO Titles are Officially InBound to the PlayStation®Store for Both PS3 & PSP Systems http://bit.ly/fwFUG6 [Nostalgia FTW!] #neogeo

This is pretty cool, I played New Geo games a TON in the arcade when I was a kid. Especially The Art of Fighting.I might have to consider that Baseball Stars game... I loved the original NES title, wonder how similar it is.

JBHuskers
12-07-2010, 10:02 AM
I might have to consider that Baseball Stars game... I loved the original NES title, wonder how similar it is.

Probably about the same since it's SNK. Just with "arcade"-ish graphics compared to 8-bit.

Rudy
12-07-2010, 03:56 PM
We've had fun with Skyfighter for the kids. It's only $10 and the vs. mode is fun. I have three controllers and it's simple but fun.

JBHuskers
12-09-2010, 09:09 AM
A Space Shooter for Two Bucks! launches Dec 21 on PSN for surprising price of $1.99 (free for Plus subscribers) http://bit.ly/enSf5T

Great title for a game LOL I love me some arcade space shooters!

JeffHCross
12-11-2010, 01:17 PM
I will certainly be downloading Metal Slug. I gave so many quarters to that game ...

JBHuskers
12-21-2010, 10:11 AM
Nice sale on SEGA games...I think I will get the Sonic games since they're half off.

http://www.gamefocus.ca/?nav=new&nid=12254

* After Burner Climax (sale price $4.99, original price $9.99)
* Gunstar Heroes (sale price $2.99, original price $4.99)
* Sonic Adventure (sale price $4.99, original price $9.99)
* Sonic Adventure DX Upgrade (sale price $1.99, original price $4.99)
* Sonic The Hedgehog Episode 1 (PSN+ price $7.49, sale price $9.99, original price $14.99)
* Football Manager Handheld 2010 (sale price $15.99, original price $39.99)
* Iron Man (sale price $15.99, original price $19.99)
* Phantasy Star Portable 2 (sale price $15.99, original price $39.99)
* Sega Genesis Collection UMD Legacy (sale price $9.99, original price $15.99)
* Valkyria Chronicles 2 (sale price $15.99, original price $39.99)

JeffHCross
12-21-2010, 08:55 PM
I'll probably pick-up AB Climax at that price.

Though I am starting to run out of space on my HDD, lol.

JBHuskers
12-22-2010, 08:17 AM
I'll probably pick-up AB Climax at that price.

Though I am starting to run out of space on my HDD, lol.

That's why I bought a 320 GB and am debating on going to 640 GB with Uncle Sam $$$$

I got AB Climax on XBLA when it was on sale, but never got around to playing it yet.

I picked up Top Darts since I'm getting the Move for Christmas.

JeffHCross
12-23-2010, 03:12 PM
That's why I bought a 320 GB and am debating on going to 640 GB with Uncle Sam $$$$Stupid me, I was planning to buy a bigger HDD, put it in, and then transfer my saves from the old fat PS3. But I was wanting to get my saves transferred so fast that I didn't wait. Pretty much screwed now unless I don't care about losing my saves.

DCUO's 15+ GB is the biggest offender right now for me. And I have nearly 10 gigs devoted to the 8 episodes of The Tester that I need to watch.

JBHuskers
12-23-2010, 03:52 PM
Stupid me, I was planning to buy a bigger HDD, put it in, and then transfer my saves from the old fat PS3. But I was wanting to get my saves transferred so fast that I didn't wait. Pretty much screwed now unless I don't care about losing my saves.

DCUO's 15+ GB is the biggest offender right now for me. And I have nearly 10 gigs devoted to the 8 episodes of The Tester that I need to watch.

I'm confused, why are you screwed?

JeffHCross
12-23-2010, 03:59 PM
I'm confused, why are you screwed?'Cause a lot of my saves are of the "can't backup / copy" type. So the only way to get them onto a new HDD would be to transfer them back to the fat PS3, then back to my slim. And I'm not really confident that my fat PS3 could take that level of effort, lol. :D

JBHuskers
12-23-2010, 04:00 PM
'Cause a lot of my saves are of the "can't backup / copy" type. So the only way to get them onto a new HDD would be to transfer them back to the fat PS3, then back to my slim. And I'm not really confident that my fat PS3 could take that level of effort, lol. :D

Ahhh I get it....yeah have a 320GB portable drive and do the backup/restore route that takes forever....were you going the jump drive route?

JeffHCross
12-23-2010, 04:06 PM
No, I was just going to buy a larger 2.5" drive and put it in the slim PS3 instead of using the 160 that it came with.

JBHuskers
12-23-2010, 04:26 PM
No, I was just going to buy a larger 2.5" drive and put it in the slim PS3 instead of using the 160 that it came with.

I meant what were you doing to try to transfer the data on the fat....or are you just having trouble because of the YLOD?

JeffHCross
12-23-2010, 04:30 PM
I meant what were you doing to try to transfer the data on the fat....or are you just having trouble because of the YLOD?Hooking them up and using the Data Transfer Utility. It's simple, but it takes for-ev-er, and after the first transfer my fat PS3 was running so hot that I wasn't sure it would last again. So I'm not too willing to transfer stuff back to it.

Rudy
12-23-2010, 04:35 PM
The data backup crap doesn't even work for the fat PS3 to the Slim. I backed up my entire console when I traded it in and then when I went to transfer the files back to my new Slim it said those files weren't in the right format. About the only files it copied over for me were my NCAA custom sound files. Retarded. Should have just backed up my old saves on USB. Oh well.

JeffHCross
12-23-2010, 04:39 PM
The data backup crap doesn't even work for the fat PS3 to the Slim.I did the Data Transfer, not Backup/Restore. And it did work ... it just took forever.

JBHuskers
01-04-2011, 01:24 PM
Might be a nice update today. Tetris and Angry Birds already confirmed.

I OU a Beatn
01-04-2011, 04:29 PM
Modern Combat: Domination. Modern Combat: Domination. Modern Combat: Domination.

If not, I'll probably cry.

JBHuskers
01-06-2011, 02:19 PM
Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 coming Feb 1st.

Rudy
01-07-2011, 05:50 AM
I wonder how Angry Birds is on the PSN. It's $3.99.

JBHuskers
01-07-2011, 08:51 AM
I wonder how Angry Birds is on the PSN. It's $3.99.

I had never played the game, but heard everyone raving about it when it was on the iPhone. I decided to get it when it came out this week, and it's a pretty fun game.

morsdraconis
01-07-2011, 03:34 PM
It's free on the android marketplace and it's pretty fun. I don't see myself ever paying money for it though. It's not THAT fun...

JeffHCross
01-07-2011, 10:39 PM
One of my co-workers had it on his Droid and was having a blast with it yesterday during one of our meetings.

Violator
01-07-2011, 11:16 PM
I have the full version on my droid and ipod. while i have never played it my 7 year old cracks up while playing it.

JBHuskers
01-18-2011, 11:09 AM
Has anyone looked into Modern Combat: Domination? Not sure if that will be any good or not.

Played some Lead & Gold last night....that was pretty fun.

morsdraconis
01-18-2011, 12:22 PM
Has anyone looked into Modern Combat: Domination? Not sure if that will be any good or not.

That's what we were talking about before that might be pretty good (stripped down CoD basically). Waiting for the damn thing to come out...

JBHuskers
01-18-2011, 12:25 PM
$6 for PS+ $8 regular price....definitely going to get it today I'm sure...I forgot the price for Modern Combat: Domination was that low:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btKg02n1ulc

morsdraconis
01-18-2011, 12:45 PM
Some it comes out today? What time do they normally update their store?

JBHuskers
01-18-2011, 12:50 PM
Some it comes out today? What time do they normally update their store?

On average 7PM central, and yes it comes out today.

morsdraconis
01-18-2011, 12:52 PM
Sweet! I'll have something new to play tonight when I get back from my friend's house.

JBHuskers
01-18-2011, 02:21 PM
Gameloft is claiming they are bringing back the fun that was missing in FPS's .... looks like it'll be fun, at least worth $6 or $8 depending if you're a PS+ guy or not.

I OU a Beatn
01-18-2011, 02:49 PM
Looks generic as shit, but for $6, why not? I also intend on getting Spare Parts when it releases today. According to a developer that posted on the PS Blog yesterday, it has a platinum trophy! It looks fun, too, so for $10, can't beat that.

JBHuskers
01-18-2011, 02:57 PM
Looks generic as shit, but for $6, why not? I also intend on getting Spare Parts when it releases today. According to a developer that posted on the PS Blog yesterday, it has a platinum trophy! It looks fun, too, so for $10, can't beat that.

Yeah plats are definitely filtering their way into PSN games which is awesome considering some PSN titles are deeper than retail offerings LOL

I OU a Beatn
01-18-2011, 03:18 PM
Exactly. Dead Nation is a deeper and better experience than 75% of the games that are retail disc copies on PS3/360, and that's saying something considering it's priced under $15. Trine is another perfect example, although I haven't played it yet.

JBHuskers
01-18-2011, 04:06 PM
Exactly. Dead Nation is a deeper and better experience than 75% of the games that are retail disc copies on PS3/360, and that's saying something considering it's priced under $15. Trine is another perfect example, although I haven't played it yet.

I need to get back onto Trine....it's hard to plat form what I heard though. But it's a fun as hell game, played through a couple of levels.

Alien Breed games are kinda boring and generic, but they're not horrible by any stretch...so I got two of them to try to get the plats.

JBHuskers
01-18-2011, 09:50 PM
For the price, Modern Combat isn't too bad....nothing special....but it's solid.

I OU a Beatn
01-18-2011, 10:14 PM
I love it. No respawn, no health regen, round based = awesome.

JBHuskers
01-19-2011, 12:15 PM
I love it. No respawn, no health regen, round based = awesome.

I was in a respawn match, just did a quick match, and instantly was on a good team so I stayed doing it on Domination.

Was wondering about health regen....

I like how they zoom in on your killer and show their health and armor.....except for the two times that the fucker had 1% health left :smh:

I OU a Beatn
01-19-2011, 12:40 PM
Yeah, I didn't play much, but the games I did were no respawn and it was pretty fun. The aiming and hit detection seems to be a bit off, but I doubt it keeps my interest for longer than a week, so no big deal.

JBHuskers
01-19-2011, 12:49 PM
Yeah, I didn't play much, but the games I did were no respawn and it was pretty fun. The aiming and hit detection seems to be a bit off, but I doubt it keeps my interest for longer than a week, so no big deal.

Eh for $6, no biggie.....like I said it's solid but not spectacular. My K:D is almost a 1, lot better than CoD :D

I took out three fools with a shotty in a row last night, that was hilarious.

I OU a Beatn
01-19-2011, 01:02 PM
Mine's 3.0. I only played two games, and I went 18-6 in both of those games, but that's because I was using a DS3 and I could tell quite a few of the opposing players were using Move. God, I hope the same thing happens with KZ3. I could use some stat padding from the people who think using Move online against the DS3 is a good idea.

JBHuskers
01-19-2011, 01:09 PM
Mine's 3.0. I only played two games, and I went 18-6 in both of those games, but that's because I was using a DS3 and I could tell quite a few of the opposing players were using Move. God, I hope the same thing happens with KZ3. I could use some stat padding from the people who think using Move online against the DS3 is a good idea.

:D yeah I was using DS3 too.

I OU a Beatn
01-19-2011, 01:13 PM
Oh, and by the way, I haven't played it yet but I did get it so I can confirm that Spare Parts does have 10 gold, 2 silver, and then a platinum trophy all for $10. Granted, I don't buy games for trophies, so it definitely looks like a very fun co-op game. The trophies are just an added bonus.

JBHuskers
01-19-2011, 01:16 PM
Oh, and by the way, I haven't played it yet but I did get it so I can confirm that Spare Parts does have 10 gold, 2 silver, and then a platinum trophy all for $10. Granted, I don't buy games for trophies, so it definitely looks like a very fun co-op game. The trophies are just an added bonus.

I got it too...and Dead Nation ;)

I OU a Beatn
01-19-2011, 01:22 PM
Good luck with Dead Nation. That game is hard as fuck on the higher difficulties. I all but gave up. :D

JBHuskers
01-19-2011, 01:32 PM
TV Show King is now only $0.99 in the PSN Store. That's a price that is almost as good as free, so I think I'm going to try it.

JBHuskers
01-19-2011, 10:16 PM
This could be interesting: http://sfx-360.com/newsite/news/battle-slots-coming-soon-to-consoles-and-pc/

Phantom EFX has announced Battle Slots, which is an Epic Role-Playing Slot Adventure. It’s coming soon to Xbox LIVE Arcade, PSN, and PC. with a map of the world, allowing them to choose their own path in order to defeat quests and reveal new spells, devastating attacks, lucrative slot symbols and powerful new enemies.

Battle Slots will include:

Earn money and experience in each battle – more experience levels up and strengthens your character, while money allows the purchase of new slot symbols, new powers, new spells and new attacks
Capture beasts and animals by hunting in the countryside and defeating them in battle – each captured animal provides you with a special power that you can use in future fights!
Meet and interact with a colorful cast along your journey to investigate this new evil – some characters will become your allies, who can be called upon to aid you in your toughest battles
Each spin of the slot machine will grant either attack points, mana points, bonus experience or extra gold – configure your slot precisely how you want it to go into each battle with a combination that is sure to leave you victorious!

More information will be revealed in the coming weeks and months. Overall this game looks very well built and I’m looking forward to the launch of the game on all platforms. If you would like more information about Battle Slots go to www.phantomefx.com.

JBHuskers
01-25-2011, 08:37 AM
Played Spare Parts last night a good deal. It's a pretty fun game. Got through about a world and a half. The combat is your typical GoW, Arkham Asylum smash and pound, and you need to collect ship parts and coins to pay for upgrades. It'll be a game that I'll definitely try to platinum, shouldn't be too hard, and it will be fun going back to try to get the ship parts I missed the first time.

cdj
01-25-2011, 03:45 PM
Not a game, but more avatars coming to the store today (http://www.hiphopgamershow.com/new/new-psn-avatars/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+hiphopgamershow+(Real+Talk+From +The+HipHopGamer)&utm_content=Twitter).

Are you tired of seeing the same avatars? Well, with today’s PlayStation Store publish, a batch of your video game favorites be unleashing a few of new avatars for Tron: Evolution, Hoard, Grand Theft Auto IV, Red Dead Redemption, and Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood.

I'm guessing the Olivia Wilde TRON avatar will be the top seller.

JBHuskers
01-25-2011, 04:13 PM
Not a game, but more avatars coming to the store today (http://www.hiphopgamershow.com/new/new-psn-avatars/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+hiphopgamershow+(Real+Talk+From +The+HipHopGamer)&utm_content=Twitter).

I'm guessing the Olivia Wilde TRON avatar will be the top seller.

Or the GTA hooker with the lollipop.

JBHuskers
01-25-2011, 04:13 PM
In record time (it seems? 4pm?) the store is updated

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/01/25/playstation-store-update-174/

CLW
01-25-2011, 05:21 PM
Anyone played Risk? I love the board game but I'm not sure if "classic" play is an option of its just the new "twist" EA put on game play.

JBHuskers
01-31-2011, 01:24 PM
For those who don't have a 360, you'll get to try out the original Pac Man Championship Edition through PS Minis tomorrow:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/01/31/pac-man-championship-edition-hits-psp-and-ps3-tomorrow/

JBHuskers
02-08-2011, 03:53 PM
A definite must have (if you don't already own it on PC or 360) --- Plants vs. Zombies today on PSN (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/114/1148286p1.html)

And Stacking is free for Playstation Plus members today, and here's the IGN review for that too... (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/114/1148397p1.html)

I OU a Beatn
02-08-2011, 04:03 PM
All I want is a freakin' Killzone avatar. Is that really too much to ask for, Sony? :D

JBHuskers
02-08-2011, 05:04 PM
All I want is a freakin' Killzone avatar. Is that really too much to ask for, Sony? :D

Is that incoming today? lol

I OU a Beatn
02-08-2011, 05:12 PM
Probably not. They might release one like 6 months from now. :D

They suck with avatars.

JBHuskers
02-08-2011, 05:28 PM
Probably not. They might release one like 6 months from now. :D

They suck with avatars.

I'll stick with my Sackboy in a gorilla suit until I find something else suitable :D

Violator
02-10-2011, 09:17 AM
I'll stick with my Sackboy in a gorilla suit until I find something else suitable :D

i like my stoned turd with a penis coming out of his head

Rudy
02-25-2011, 09:18 AM
The Mushroom Wars demo is pretty cool. Sort of like a fast acting risk. Anyone played but M.Wars and Risk? I actually really like the Clone Wars version of Risk (board game). It had a timing mechanism to keep the game to around 2 hours (sometimes less).

JBHuskers
03-07-2011, 02:56 PM
Might have to finally try Castle Crashers....

http://www.gamefocus.ca/?nav=new&nid=13193

Sony Computer Entertainment revealed today the winners of the first-ever PlayStation Network Gamers’ Choice Awards. In case you’ve missed the original announcement, twenty nominated games competed in four categories. PSN users had to vote for their favorite games until March 1st.

Without further ado, the winners are:

Best PS3 Downloadable Game: Castle Crashers

Best PSP Downloadable Game: God of War: Ghost of Sparta

Best PS3/PSP mini: Age of Zombies

Best PlayStation Network Exclusive Game: Dead Nation

All these titles will be featured during the first week of Sony’s upcoming Spring Fever event, which kicks off tomorrow, with the winning games discounted 30% in the PlayStation Store and available for a 50% discount to PlayStation Plus subscribers.

I OU a Beatn
03-07-2011, 04:05 PM
I have it on 360 and it's awesome. Hell, for 50% off, I might download it again. +1 for Dead Nation. It's probably the single best downloadable game I've ever played. 10/10.

steelerfan
03-07-2011, 04:12 PM
I have it on 360 and it's awesome. Hell, for 50% off, I might download it again. +1 for Dead Nation. It's probably the single best downloadable game I've ever played. 10/10.

Wow, really?

I don't play tons of games, but I may have to give this a shot.

I OU a Beatn
03-07-2011, 04:17 PM
Yeah, it got even better today. They released a patch for Dead Nation today for voice chat in co-op online games, saves at checkpoints(THANK GOD), and some supposed surprise. I haven't played today, but I definitely will at some point - I need to finish off that platinum trophy.

JBHuskers
03-07-2011, 04:29 PM
Yeah, it got even better today. They released a patch for Dead Nation today for voice chat in co-op online games, saves at checkpoints(THANK GOD), and some supposed surprise. I haven't played today, but I definitely will at some point - I need to finish off that platinum trophy.

Dead Nation haz platinum?

I OU a Beatn
03-07-2011, 05:16 PM
Yes, and if you can beat it on the hardest difficulty(which granted, is very hard), then it's an easy platinum. It even has an weapon upgrade shit and all kind of awesomeness. Like I said, bar none...best downloadable game ever made.

JBHuskers
03-07-2011, 09:29 PM
Cool, I've got it, but haven't played it yet.

morsdraconis
03-08-2011, 02:12 AM
Might have to finally try Castle Crashers....

That list has to be for 2010 because there's no way that Castle Crashers is better than Braid (which is, by far, the best downloadable game I've ever played).

I also wouldn't hesitate to say that Megaman 10 is better than Castle Crashers as well, but Castle Crashers, for me, is just another bland sidescrolling beat 'em up and I don't care for those that much anyway.

souljahbill
03-10-2011, 10:13 AM
I already have Castle Crashers but I'll pick up Dead Nation ($7.50 with PS+ discount). I really wish Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light was nominated because that's really the game I'm waiting for to go on sale on PSN. If Sony allowed PSP games to be played on the PS3, I'd buy a lot of PSP games.

skipwondah33
03-10-2011, 10:20 AM
I've been getting quite a bit of games lately. Dl'd Sonic the other night and was surprised to see that if had trophies. I basically only get all the free games

morsdraconis
03-10-2011, 10:31 AM
I've been getting quite a bit of games lately. Dl'd Sonic the other night and was surprised to see that if had trophies. I basically only get all the free games

This for me as well. I'm a cheap bastard when it comes to games. The cheaper the better.

I OU a Beatn
03-10-2011, 11:13 AM

It has trophies? The one that is free with PS Plus?

morsdraconis
03-10-2011, 02:46 PM
It has trophies? The one that is free with PS Plus?

Yup. No platinum though.

skipwondah33
03-10-2011, 02:54 PM
Yeah I was surprised too. I only got it because it was free with PS Plus. I got two trophies within the first 3 minutes playing...not sure what they were for but 1 was bronze and the other silver

I OU a Beatn
03-10-2011, 03:08 PM
Well shit, is it still available? If so, I'll definitely download it. I have no interest in it, but for a couple free trophies...I'll play it. :D

morsdraconis
03-10-2011, 03:31 PM
It's a GREAT game too though the emulation on the PS3 is atrociously bad...

JeffHCross
03-10-2011, 07:55 PM
It's a GREAT game too though the emulation on the PS3 is atrociously bad...For what it's supposed to be, looked fine to me. :dunno:

morsdraconis
03-10-2011, 10:10 PM
For what it's supposed to be, looked fine to me. :dunno:

Having played the hell out of it when I was younger, it's definitely off, if only slightly.

JBHuskers
03-28-2011, 02:41 PM
Oh yeah baby, get your old skool on! I remember playing this on the COMMODORE 64!

Choplifter HD airlifting nostalgia to PSN and PC this fall (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/28/choplifter-hd-airlifting-nostalgia-to-psn-and-pc-this-fall/)

Old Skool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr3Wf3iR_dk

New Skool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CClw9RtOJo

JBHuskers
04-04-2011, 11:35 AM
IGN IGN
Final Fantasy V is coming to the PSN. Get excited. | http://go.ign.com/dUPgjH

JBHuskers
06-02-2011, 01:32 PM
Here's the massive update:

http://www.gamefocus.ca/news/14333.html

PlayStation Plus

Full Game Trial

Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Dante’s Inferno Full Game Trial

Featured Games & DLC

SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs SU90-S Shotgun (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers)
SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs: Abandoned Map (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers)
MAG Interdiction DLC (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $4.99)
Comet Crash (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $9.99)
Vector TD minis (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $3.99)
Oddworld: Abe’s Exoddus (PS one) (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $9.99)
Babel the King of Blocks (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $2.99)
The 2D Adventures of Rotating Octopus Character (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $3.99)
Duael Invaders (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $3.99)
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $4.99)
Killzone 3 Steel Rain Map Pack (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $4.99)

Discounted Games & DLC

Red Johnson’s Chronicles Episode 1 (PlayStation Plus price $9.74, regular price $12.99)
Dungeon Hunter (PlayStation Plus price $10.39, regular price $12.99)
Ricochet HD (PlayStation Plus price $2.50, regular price $10.00)
Cool Boarder 2 (PlayStation Plus price $3.00, regular price $5.99)
Under Siege (PlayStation Plus price $10.00, regular price $19.99)
Interpol (PlayStation Plus price $3.99, sale price $4.99, regular price $9.99)
Motor Storm Apocalypse Rare Elite Supercar (PlayStation Plus price $2.24, regular price $2.99)
Motor Storm Apocalypse Revelation Vehicle Pack Bundle (PlayStation Plus price $2.39, regular price $2.99)

Featured Themes & Avatars

Resident Evil 5 – 10 Avatar Bundle ($0.99 and exclusive to PlayStation Plus subscribers)
Resident Evil 5 – Tricell Logo Avatar (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers)
MotorStorm Apocalypse: Burning Avatar (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $0.49)
MotorStorm Apocalypse: Urban Avatar (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $0.49)
Anomalies Static Theme (Free and exclusive to PlayStation Plus subscribers)
SEGA Genesis Dynamic Theme (Free and exclusive to PlayStation Plus subscribers)
Junebug Bench Static Theme (Free and exclusive to PlayStation Plus subscribers)
Street Fighter 2 – 8 Avatar Bundle ($0.99 PlayStation Plus Price, PlayStation Plus Exclusive)
Street Fighter 2 – Ken Avatar (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $0.49)

QORE

May Single Episode (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $2.99)

Updates

Interpol: The Trail Of Dr. Chaos – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Dc Universe – 12 Month Package (12 Months) – Price Change (now $119.99, original price $143.99)
Dc Universe – 3 Month Package (3 Months) – Price Change (now $38.99, original price $41.99)
Dc Universe – 6 Month Package (6 Months) – Price Change (now $71.99, original price $77.99)
Assassin’S Creed Ii Deluxe Edition Digital – Price Change (PS3) (now $19.99, original price $29.99)
Vertigo – Price Change (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Tehra: Dark Warrior – Minis – Sale (PSP) (now $1.49, original price $4.99)
Slam Bolt Scrappers (Price Drop) (PS3) (now $9.99, original price $14.99)
Plants vs Zombies (Sale) (PS3) (now $9.99, original price $14.99)
Sam And Max – The Devil’S Playhouse – Full Season – Sale (PS3) (now $19.99, original price $29.99)
Cuboid – Sale (PS3) ((now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Digger HD – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Dragon’s Lair – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Space Ace – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Alien Havoc – Minis – Price Drop (PSP) (now $1.99, original price $4.99)
Fish Tank – Minis – Price Drop (PSP) (now $1.99, original price $3.99
Paper Wars: Cannon Fodder – Minis – Price Drop (PSP) (now $2.99, original price $4.99)

Downloadable Games

Alien Crush (Same Code As PSP) ($5.99)
Bonk’s Adventure (Same Code As PSP) ($5.99)
Wizardry: Labyrinth Of Lost Souls ($14.99)
Sega Rally Online Arcade ($9.99)
Star Raiders ($9.99)
Red Johnson’s Chronicles (exclusive) ($12.99)
Under Siege (exclusive) ($19.99)
Back To The Future: The Game – Episode 3 – Free With Season Pass (Free)
Dragon’s Lair II: Time Warp ($9.99)
Bomberman ’94 ($5.99)
Learning With The Pooyoos – Episode 1 ($8.99)

Game Demos

Lego Pirates Of The Caribbean
Wizardry: Labyrinth Of Lost Souls Demo
Star Raiders
Red Faction Armageddon
The Fight: Lights Out
MotorStorm Apocalypse Single Player

PSone Classics

Missile Command ($5.99)

Add-on Game Content

Arcana Heart 3 – Additional Colors – ALL ($3.99)
Arcana Heart 3 – Additional Colors ($0.99) (x11)
Blazblue: Continuum Shift – Platinum The Trinity ($7.99)
Crysis 2 – Retaliation Pack ($9.99)
Dead Space 2 Outbreak Map (Free)
Dragon Age II: All-Class Item Pack ($2.99) (x3)
Dragon Age II Item Packs ($2.99) (x3)
Dynasty Warriors 7 – Costume Pack 0 ($0.99)
Dynasty Warriors 7 – Costume Pack 1 ($0.99)
Dynasty Warriors 7 – Japanese Voice Option (Free)
Dynasty Warriors 7 – New Stage and BGM Pack 1 ($2.99)
Dynasty Warriors 7 – New Weapon Pack 1 ($1.99)
Fallout: New Vegas – Honest Hearts ($9.99)
Funky Lab Rat New Challenges ($1.99)
Hyperdimension Neptunia: various accessories ($0.99) (x21)
LittleBigPlanet 2: Tron: Evolution Minipack ($2.99)
LittleBigPlanet 2: Cinco de Mayo Costume (1 Week Offer) (Free)
Marvel Pinball – Fantastic Four ($2.49)
Marvel Vs Capcom 3: Fate Of Two Worlds – Shadow Battle ($0.99) (x4)
ModNation Racers Mods, Themes and Karts ($0.99 – $6.99) (x5)
MotorStorm Apocalypse Pack ($0.99) (x5)
MotorStorm Apocalypse – Launch Day Livery (Free)
Moon Diver: Chain Kill Mode: Bloodbath! (Free)
Moon Diver: Score Attack Modes: Orbit and Rage! ($0.99)
Shift 2 Unleashed – Speedhunters ($9.99)
Shift 2 Unleashed – Legends ($9.99)
SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs – SOCOM Pro ($14.9)
Super Street Fighter IV Ultra Complete Alternate Costumes Pack ($17.99)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 – Bethpage State Park ($3.99)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 – Turnberry Resort ($3.99)
Wizardry: Labyrinth Of Lost Souls – Dungeon Of Trials Open ($4.99)
You Don’t Know Jack Pack 3 ($4.99)
Yoostar 2: various scenes ($1.99 – $6.99) (x43)
Zen Pinball – Sorcerer’s Lair – Public Release ($2.49)

Rock Band 3

“Do You Feel Like We Do (Live)” – Peter Frampton ($1.99)
“5 Minutes Alone” – Pantera ($1.99)
“Mouth For War” – Pantera ($1.99)
“Walk” – Pantera ($1.99)
“I’m Broken” – Pantera ($1.99)
“Born This Way” – Lady Gaga ($1.99)
“Lovegame” – Lady Gaga ($1.99)
“Paparazzi” – Lady Gaga ($1.99)
“Urgent” – Foreigner ($1.99)
“Hot Blooded” – Foreigner ($1.99)
“Big Bang Baby” – Stone Temple Pilots ($1.99)
“Do You Really Want To Hurt Me” – Culture Club ($1.99)
“From Out Of Nowhere” – Faith No More ($1.99)
“Stash” – Phish ($1.99)
“Tweezer” – Phish ($1.99)
“Working For The Weekend” – Loverboy ($1.99)
“Hard Rock Hallelujah” – Lordi ($1.99)
“King Of Rock” – Run-DMC ($1.99)
“Long Road To Ruin” – Foo Fighters ($1.99)
“Rope” – Foo Fighters ($1.99)
“Stacked Actors” – Foo Fighters ($1.99)
“Walk” – Foo Fighters ($1.99)
“Blue Bayou” – Roy Orbison ($1.99)
“Dream Baby (How Long Must I Dream)” – Roy Orbison ($1.99)
“Only The Lonely (Know The Way I Feel)” – Roy Orbison ($1.99)
“Rock And Roll All Nite (Live)” – KISS ($1.99)
“Strutter (Live)” – KISS ($1.99)
Roy Orbison: 75Th Birthday Pack ($5.49)
Foo Fighters Pack 04 – ($6.99)
Pantera Pack 01 – ($6.99)
Lady Gaga Pack 02 – ($5.49)

Rock Band Network

“Goodnight Technologist” – The Main Drag ($0.99)
“Homosuperior ” – The Main Drag ($0.99)
“Megatron” – The Main Drag ($0.99)
“Montana” – The Main Drag ($0.99)
“Car Windows” – The Main Drag ($0.99)
“Dove Nets” – The Main Drag ($0.99)
“Taking Apart A Gigantic Machine”- The Main Drag ($0.99)
“Talk Them Down” – The Main Drag($0.99)
“Teeth, Face, Outerspace” – The Main Drag ($0.99)
“Tricky Girl” – The Main Drag ($0.99)
“Abigail” – Motionless In White ($1.99)
“At The Edge Of The World” – Kataklysm($1.99)
“Can I Stay” – Stephanie Hatfield and Hot Mess ($0.99)
“Even Seconds” – The Main Drag ($0.99)
“It’s Gonna Be A Long Night” – Ween ($1.99)
“Oye Vaya” – Earl Greyhound ($0.99)
“Swine Houses ” – The Main Drag ($0.99)
“Tadpole Search And Rescue” – Chaunce DeLeon and The Fountain of Choof ($0.99)
“The Resonance” – Decrepit Birth ($1.99)
“White Knuckles – The Big Robot Remix” – OK Go ($1.99)
“A Christmas Rock Medley” – Richard Campbell ($0.99)
“Allegiance” – Blackguard ($1.99)
“Cursing Akhenaten” – After the Burial ($1.99)
“Dance With Me” – Stewart ($0.99)
“Destructive Device” – Mindflow ($0.99)
“Entertain” – Sleater-Kinney ($1.99)
“Icarus Lives” – Periphery ($1.99)
“Persistence of Vision” – Matter in the Medium ($0.99)
“Piranha” – Pretty & Nice ($1.99)
“Tora Tora Tora” – Pretty & Nice ($1.99)
“Dawn Of A Million Souls (Rock Band Mix)” – Ayreon ($1.99)
“If I’m James Dean, You’re Audrey Hepburn” – Sleeping with Sirens ($1.99)
“Learn To Live” – Architects ($1.99)
“N.A.T.G.O.D.” – Daath ($1.99)
“Nightfall” – Nachtmystium ($1.99)
“Stick Tight” – Terror ($1.99)
“The Omen” – Heaven Shall Burn ($1.99)
“Undead Heart” – Vampires Everywhere! ($1.99)
“World On Fire” – Firewind ($1.99)
“Your Petty Pretty Things” – The Get Up Kids ($1.99)
“Anybody Else” – Audible Mainframe ($1.99)
“Cimmerian Shamballa – Wretched ($1.99)
“Do Yourself A Favor” – Comeback Kid ($1.99)
“Fractured (Everything I Said Was True)” – Taproot ($1.99)
“Ice Cold” – Audible Mainframe ($0.99)
“Model Ships” – Rosaline ($1.99)
“On Parole” – Sister Sin ($1.99)
“Radioland” – Audible Mainframe ($1.99)
“The Body” – Close Your Eyes ($1.99)
“The Way You Move” – Since October ($1.99)

Bundles

Soldner-X & Soldner-X 2 Complete Soundtrack Bundle ($7.99)
MotorStorm Apocalypse Revelation Vehicle Pack ($2.99)

Street Fighter 2 ($0.49) (x8)
L.A. Noire – Cole Phelps Avatar ($0.49) (x4)
L.A. Noire Avatar ($0.49) (x6)
MotorStorm Apocalypse Stormers Avatar Bundle ($0.99)
MotorStorm Apocalypse Avatar ($0.49) (x5)
Hard Corps: Uprising Avatar Collection 1 ($1.49)
Hard Corps: Uprising Avatar ($0.49) (x5)
Grand Theft Auto IV – Avatar ($0.49) (x10)
Red Dead Redemption – Avatar ($0.49) (x7)
Resident Evil 5 Avatar ($0.49) (x10)
Dragon’s Lair II: Avatar ($0.49) (x6)
Tales From Space: About A Blob Avatar ($0.49 – $1.99) (x9)
Funky Lab Rat Avatar ($0.49 – $1.49) (x7)
Castlevania Lords Of Shadow Avatar ($0.49 – $2.99) (x11)
Might And Magic Clash Of Heroes – Avatar ($0.49) (x4)
Killzone 3 Avatar ($0.49 – $1.49) (x19)
MLB 11 The Show – Avatar ($0.49 – $1.49) (x10)
MotorStorm Apocalypse – Avatar ($0.49) (x2)

Music

Soldner-X 2: Final Prototype Complete Soundtrack ($4.99)
Soldner-X: Himmelssturmer Complete Soundtrack ($3.99)

PS3 Themes

Duke Nukem Forever – Official Duke Nukem Forever Theme (Free)
Killzone 3 – ISA Sky Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
Killzone 3 – Helghast Sky Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
MotorStorm Apocalypse – Mash Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
Destinations Theme ($2.99) (x11)
Amazing Earth Theme ($2.99) (x6)
Fantasy – Blood Blossom Warrior Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
Fantasy – Matchhead Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
Sci-Fi – Galactic Miner Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
Sci-Fi – Starfield Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
Sci-Fi – Shock Therapy Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
Abstract Theme ($2.99) (x4)
Dynamic Lagoon Theme ($2.99)
Wendy Premium Theme 3 ($2.99)
Zen Waterfall Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
Aqua Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
Bio Cascade Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
Digital Dream Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
Brown Sugar Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
Turkish Delight Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
Fantasy: Head Hunter Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
Fantasy: Fireflies Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
Fantasy: Fire Skull Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
Fantasy: Haunted Castle Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
Fantasy: Cherry Blossoms Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
Amazing Honeys Theme ($1.49)
Summer Beach Theme ($1.99)
SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs Static Theme (Free)
AK47 Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
Pheonix Suns Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
Arcana Heart 3 Theme ($1.49)
Dragon’s Lair II: Time Warp Theme ($2.99)
Fireflies Dynamic Theme ($2.99)

PS3 Wallpapers

Starhawk Wallpaper

PlayStation Store for PSP

Downloadable Games

Lego Pirates Of The Caribbean ($29.99)
Alien Crush ($5.99)
Bonk’s Adventure ($5.99)
Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars ($29.99)
Bomberman ’94 ($5.99)

Add-on Game Content

Dissidia 012 [duodecim] FINAL FANTASY – FFII BGM Pack [3 Tracks] ($0.99)
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] FINAL FANTASY – FFIII BGM Pack [3 Tracks] ($0.99)
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] FINAL FANTASY – FFVII BGM Pack [3 Tracks] ($0.99)
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] FINAL FANTASY – FFVIII BGM Pack [3 Tracks] ($0.99)
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] FINAL FANTASY – FFX BGM Pack [3 Tracks] ($0.99)
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] FINAL FANTASY – FFXII BGM Pack [3 Tracks] ($0.99)
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] FINAL FANTASY – Onion Knight Alt 3: Ingus ($0.99)
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] FINAL FANTASY – The Emperor Alt 3: Emperor Of Arubboth ($0.99)
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] FINAL FANTASY – Vaan Alt 3: Pirate’s Garb ($0.99)
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] FINAL FANTASY – Yuna Alt 3: Gunner Dressphere ($0.99)
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] FINAL FANTASY – Laguna Alt 3: Sorceress’S Knight ($0.99)
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] FINAL FANTASY – Sephiroth Alt 3: Kingdom Hearts Gear ($0.99)
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] FINAL FANTASY – Kuja Alt 3: Treno Nobleman ($0.99)
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] FINAL FANTASY – Zidane Alt 3: Marcus’S Cloak ($0.99)
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] FINAL FANTASY – FFIX BGM Pack [3 Tracks] ($0.99)

PSP minis

Star Hammer Tactics – Minis ($1.99)
Best Of Solitaire – Minis ($4.99)
Block Cascade Fusion – Minis ($1.49)
Sky Force – Minis ($4.99)
Card Shark – Minis ($1.49)
Days Of Thunder – Minis ($4.99)
Top Gun – Minis ($4.99)

JBHuskers
06-02-2011, 01:33 PM
Beatn... Under Siege has a platinum ;)

I OU a Beatn
06-02-2011, 02:37 PM
I know, it's been on my radar a long time. Plus members get it half off and it's been yelling my name all day. :D

JBHuskers
06-02-2011, 03:27 PM
I know, it's been on my radar a long time. Plus members get it half off and it's been yelling my name all day. :D

:nod:

DariusLock
06-02-2011, 03:53 PM
Store is saying I don't have Network+ still lol. Come on Sony quit doing crap half-a....

JBHuskers
06-02-2011, 03:56 PM
Store is saying I don't have Network+ still lol. Come on Sony quit doing crap half-a....

Did you have it before? Or you talking about the freebie? The freebie stuff won't be out right away. That probably won't take effect until Tuesday is my guess.

I OU a Beatn
06-02-2011, 03:59 PM
HEY! I forgot they're publishing again tomorrow. Hopefully there's something good.

JBHuskers
06-02-2011, 04:00 PM
HEY! I forgot they're publishing again tomorrow. Hopefully there's something good.

Yep gonna do a few while they play catchup. Shit it was down almost two months wasn't it?

DariusLock
06-02-2011, 04:05 PM
Guess I need to sign up for + really quick so I can get the months and months

JBHuskers
06-02-2011, 04:19 PM
Guess I need to sign up for + really quick so I can get the months and months

I'm guessing they would know you signed up after PSN came back on and you wouldn't get the freebie :D

JBHuskers
06-04-2011, 02:48 PM
I am really interested in this game. Seems like there is a little hype behind it too....it's being billed as a bank heist version of Left 4 Dead minus zombies.

Payday: The Heist announced, hopes to steal your free time on PSN (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/03/payday-the-heist-announced-hopes-to-steal-your-free-time-on-ps/)

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2011/06/paydaytheheist.jpg

ram29jackson
06-04-2011, 04:26 PM
I think i got a mansion in playstation home....
I'm not sure.....

DariusLock
06-04-2011, 06:18 PM
Wtf? Ghostbusters, Bad Boys, and Final Fantasy are the Welcome Back Movies?

Rudy
06-05-2011, 06:30 AM
This welcome back thing is confusing. Tried to use it on Superstardust and it said I had to go purchase it after I selected it as free game #1. Why not just let me download it from this screen. I go back and forth so I just purchase it and it sends me a receipt for $9.99. What the heck? I don't know if I just screwed up buy buying the game or if they supplied the funds. I already had the demo and I think I just got screwed out of $10 as the receipt shows my credit card on it. I guess I'll have to make some phone calls today. Retarded.

JBHuskers
06-20-2011, 10:10 PM
This looks very interesting....

Take Amy's hand on PSN this summer (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/20/take-amys-hand-on-psn-this-summer/)

I OU a Beatn
06-20-2011, 10:15 PM
Yep, saw that today on the Blog. Can't wait. I love me some survival horror and Amy looks awesome.

JBHuskers
06-29-2011, 01:21 PM
Great news for those who don't have XBLA --- Limbo No Longer an XBLA Exclusive, Headed to PSN http://bit.ly/mhzFAh

JBHuskers
07-05-2011, 03:53 PM
On the PSN today, if you haven't played this game yet....you have no excuse now. Burnout Paradise Plus Bundle will be $8, which includes the full game and add-ons.

JBHuskers
07-05-2011, 03:58 PM
On the PSN today, if you haven't played this game yet....you have no excuse now. Burnout Paradise Plus Bundle will be $8, which includes the full game and add-ons.

Actually it's not all of the add-ons, but a great deal all the same:

Burnout Paradise – Full Game Plus Bundle ($7.99)
Take off into the world of Paradise City at ludicrous speed. This bundle contains the full digital version of Burnout paradise with all cars and bikes unlocked so that you can jump right into your favorite ride. The bundle also includes the Boost Specials cars, the Hawker Mech and Carson Extreme hot Rod, so you’ll be leading the pack in no time!
File size: 3.45 GB

souljahbill
07-05-2011, 07:09 PM
That is a really good deal. If I didn't already have the game and every add-on, I'd hit it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBHuskers
07-08-2011, 01:48 PM
According to IGN, Limbo will be out July 19th. I HIGHLY recommend it.

JBHuskers
07-08-2011, 01:51 PM
A pretty BIG PSN sale will commence next week: From CheapAssGamer (http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298806):

Back to the Future: The Game – Full Series (Sale price $13.99; Plus price $9.79; Regular price $19.99)

Chime Super Deluxe (Sale price $6.99; Plus price $4.89; Regular price $9.99)

Dead Space Extraction (Sale price $10.49; Plus price $7.34; Regular price $14.99)

Hard Corps: Uprising (Sale price $10.49; Plus price $7.34; Regular price $14.99)

Pac-Man Championship Edition DX (Sale price $6.99; Plus price $4.89; Regular price $9.99)

PixelJunk Shooter 2 (Sale price $6.99; Plus price $4.89; Regular price $9.99)

Risk: Factions (Sale price $6.99; Plus price $4.89; Regular price $9.99)

Shank (Sale price $6.99; Plus price $4.89; Regular price $9.99)

Scott Pilgrim (Sale price $6.99; Plus price $4.89; Regular price $9.99)

Swarm (Sale price $6.99; Plus price $4.89; Regular price $9.99)

Tales from Space: About a Blob (Sale price $10.49; Plus price $7.34; Regular price $14.99)

gschwendt
07-08-2011, 01:52 PM
I'll probably pick up Back to the Future and Shank... might add PixelJunk Shooter 2 as well.

JBHuskers
07-08-2011, 01:56 PM
I'll probably pick up Back to the Future and Shank... might add PixelJunk Shooter 2 as well.

Back to the Future, Shank, Scott Pilgrim, Swarm, Pac-Man DX I know personally are kickass games. I have PixelJunk Shooter 1, and it's a blast, I can't remember if I bought 2 or not. I just recently bought Hard Corps: Uprising for XBLA as it was on sale there too...haven't tried it yet, but it looks like Contra on steroids. Swarm is a very addicting Lemmings-type game. Scott Pilgrim is a great old school 8-bit bash 'em game.

JBHuskers
08-30-2011, 08:50 AM
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection today on PSN $9.99 :up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyH8ozwWoiQ&feature=player_embedded

jaymo76
08-30-2011, 07:45 PM
Really want to pick up Back to the Future... the demo was fun.

JBHuskers
08-30-2011, 10:43 PM
Really want to pick up Back to the Future... the demo was fun.

Ep. 1 is free in the store this week. Under Special Offers.

jaymo76
08-30-2011, 11:32 PM
Ep. 1 is free in the store this week. Under Special Offers.

Is that for PS Plus subscribers only or do you have to buy the other episodes to get number one free? Surely there must be a catch...?

JBHuskers
08-31-2011, 01:55 PM
Is that for PS Plus subscribers only or do you have to buy the other episodes to get number one free? Surely there must be a catch...?

No it's for everyone, you don't have to buy the other episodes to get it free. Ends Tuesday I think.

JBHuskers
09-08-2011, 03:08 PM
I decided not to get any other games on the Playstation PLAY deal. Outside of Street Fighter III, nothing else is interesting except maybe Bloodrayne. I'd rather just save the money and spend $20 (or a discounted price on PS+) for The Heist when it comes out.

CLW
09-11-2011, 10:28 AM
Semi-PS3 store related I bought Sunday Ticket for my DTV and added on the mobile which allows me to watch NFL games in HD on my monitor. I now have my laptop, monitor and a SD tv set up in my "office". I am ready for Sunday! :nod: