PDA

View Full Version : Practice Game/Play Now Thread

RcSinger
11-30-2010, 06:45 PM
Several people mentioned possibly playing some "practice games" so I figured I would start a thread for it in the Dynasty so we can see who's on right now ready for a game.

Oneback
11-30-2010, 08:15 PM
I am up for a game.

RcSinger
11-30-2010, 08:36 PM
u still up for it? You'll beat my arse.

Oneback
11-30-2010, 08:38 PM
Sure, I am in the beginners room.

RcSinger
11-30-2010, 08:39 PM
coming, hang on a sec

RcSinger
11-30-2010, 08:40 PM
any rules before we ko (no cheese of course), any team restrictions?

Oneback
11-30-2010, 08:41 PM
When you get in go ahead and challenge, you can be home.

RcSinger
11-30-2010, 08:41 PM
can I be bama?

Oneback
11-30-2010, 08:42 PM
Sure, I'll play any team.

RcSinger
11-30-2010, 08:59 PM
the computer is playing defense too good 4 me

RcSinger
11-30-2010, 09:14 PM
that was a first down

RcSinger
11-30-2010, 09:27 PM
GG oneback! great 2nd half defense by you. The CPU was playing most of my defense.

I don't think I have won a user game yet on this edition.

Oneback
11-30-2010, 09:31 PM
Good game RC, I didn't see anything off hand that I would point out that is lacking at all. Its tough playing against Alabama however as their defense makes a lot of plays and their offense is tough to contain so its tough for me to give an assesment on playcalling, I will say that you seemed to mix things up really well but as the game progressed before you were forced to throw the ball down field you really liked to throw the ball over the middle so I really started keying on that.

We both had a tough time throwing the ball for whatever reason. Overall though it was a good game, we should probably play more with lower ranked teams to see where we both need to improve however.

RcSinger
11-30-2010, 09:36 PM
Well, next time lets try that. I just wanted to play with bama because I am familiar with their strengths and I thought maybe, just maybe, I might win. lol

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
11-30-2010, 09:54 PM
practice should be about practice? not winning? sorry just giving you a hard time... want to see what you need to work on... play with D+ teams... thats where you get your practice

"E"

JeffHCross
12-01-2010, 08:04 PM
practice should be about practice? not winning?Well, when you're 0fer (as he said he thinks he is), it'd be a nice bonus for a "practice" game ;)

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
12-01-2010, 09:35 PM
guess so... but i would easily get annoyed trying to practice in a "scrimmage game" vs. someone who is dead set on "winning"... when i used to do that kind of lab play, headsets were used and i would ask for certain looks, and blitzing styles, but let the other person call plays at random to fit... but to each their own... glad he got a W under his belt... now OB will change playbooks again? lol j/k

"E"

Oneback
12-01-2010, 09:41 PM
probably, lol. I know what I want to do on offense, but without the ability to create it on my own I am at the mercy of EA to make it available, which they have but they have not put it all in one playbook.

JeffHCross
12-01-2010, 11:14 PM
I'm worse off than you, OB. The offense I want to run doesn't even exist in the game :D

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
12-02-2010, 08:27 AM
i would love to have the stock pitsol (old nevada) mixed with the new nevada... but some of the pistol i would love to steal from ohio as it has more option in it... then my running game would at the same level as my passing... ahhh and so i dream on....

"E"

Oneback
12-02-2010, 08:53 AM
For my shotgun spread option offense all the plays are there other than some QB run plays and the like but all the passing plays are there but not available in one playbook.

I would really like to run the Nebraska I Option but while EA has basically given us the traditional option plays it is only the tip of the iceberg in terms of what Nebraska ran. The when you factor in all the traditional running plays the playbooks that allow you to run the I Option (Air Force, Wake Forest and Run Balanced) are really lacking in terms of depth of plays.

Now if I had the ability to create my own plays in NCAA I would merge both styles and run the Nebraksa offense from the shotgun while also having the ability to incorporate a spread passing game with various screens and the like.

JeffHCross
12-03-2010, 09:35 PM
For my shotgun spread option offense all the plays are there other than some QB run plays and the like but all the passing plays are there but not available in one playbook.Yeah, I just spent a good half hour to hour confirming that most of the plays I'm looking for (and thought existed, just not in one book) don't exist at all. :D:(:smh::o:thumbsdown: