PDA

View Full Version : Madden NFL 11

Pages : [1] 2

JBHuskers
05-12-2010, 12:47 AM
Use this thread to post your thoughts and any news on Madden 11.

JeffHCross
05-15-2010, 01:10 AM
OS posted the G4/XPlay Madden First Look video here: http://www.operationsports.com/newspost.php?id=414758

Lots of footage of running plays in that video, so it gives a good look at locomotion and the Real Assignment AI. Very solid in my book.

Rudy
05-15-2010, 04:13 AM
I liked the juke move that CJ put on and the moves seem good but the first thing I thought about on that video was how slow the players looked running the ball. I'm not sure if that's due to a running animation where the legs aren't turning over fast enough or just the slow game speed. At 14 seconds Marion Barber looks like he's been medicated while trying to take the ball outside. I look quicker than him. And soon after the kick return at 22 seconds looks slow, like it takes him almost three seconds to move 10 yards. That kick return is why I think turbo is still a crucial part of the game. When you have open field in front of you, you should be sprinting like mad to get upfield. It's not like a RB who has to keep his pads low through the hole. Again, that might have been recorded on slow game speed which I wasn't a fan of last year (when I had the game).

Rudy
05-15-2010, 05:59 AM
Here are two videos. The first one is of the real Marion Barber. Take a look at two runs - one at 30 seconds and another one at 1:38. These are two similar runs to one he has in Madden where he just tries to get outside. His feet are constantly moving as he's looking to make a move, read, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBOmLnAI6ek

Now look at the Madden video at 14 seconds where Barber takes it outside. The real Barber takes twice as many steps while the video Barber just looks slow and lethargic. I'm not sure how to fix that exactly but I do think the running animations have to have their leg turn sped up to make it look better. Even Chris Johnson makes a nice move at 1:15 but he gets in the open field and normally you would expect him to take off but it looks like he never moves any faster. There is no burst to try to take it to the house. Video games may never be able to mimic reality properly but this needs to be better imo. Can the community day guys comment on if this is just an over-analysis of a video or whether it feels good in NCAA 11?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnxSSLIPseI

I tried to find some NCAA 11 videos to see how this looked. In this one at 55 seconds it looks good although it looks like Russ is trying to make moves so it looks natural.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUmuHUSSQMg

Rudy
05-15-2010, 06:52 AM
OK. I'm convinced that Madden video run with Barber that looked brutally sluggish is a Madden problem and not an NCAA problem. It's either related to the animation or most likely a slow game speed that just looks bad.

I know I sound like one of those idiots that breaks down videos too far (and I normally hate those guys) but I just hated some of those runs in that Madden video and I needed to prove to myself that NCAA 11 would be OK. I think it's perfectly fine.

Barber in that Madden video is as explosive as John Brantley in NCAA 11. Take a look at the VGrevolution video that was a great 10 minute video (gameplay at 3:30 and on) and it showed some nice stuff. Brantley running the QB option at 4:20 looked the same as Barber - slow, sluggish, no agility or acceleration. But you get to see some runs to the outside that look a lot better in NCAA 11 (check 5:07, 8:50 and 10:08). That stuff looked good. Feet were moving quickly and the guys looked dangerous. I know a lot of people thought NCAA 10 was too hectic but I always felt Madden 10 on Slow or Normal were too sluggish. The slower game speeds can look natural when running in traffic but as soon as you hit the open field or try to get to the outside it just looks and feels bad imo.

I couldn't find this video on youtube so you will have to click here:
http://blip.tv/play/hcZTgdi_VgA%2Em4v

cdj
05-15-2010, 07:59 AM
I think the Game Speed is what you are seeing, Rudy. NCAA 11's default is 'Normal' while IIRC Madden 10's was 'Slow', so I am assuming 11 will be the same. The slower game speed is more to some's liking, but in videos I think it just looks odd.

I didn't see a lot of a huge 'breakaway' speed like you are talking about in NCAA, but yet I was able to make moves and pull away for big plays. I think it all boils down to the ACC rating and I may not have been using the true burners in the game.

JeffHCross
05-15-2010, 06:07 PM
I agree with cdj, that it's Game Speed. Madden on the whole, in that video, looked slower. But I didn't particularly mind that (for the purpose of that video), because that gave me more time to look at the blocking, Locomotion and the like.

texacotea
05-15-2010, 06:43 PM
havent bought madden in a couple of years, may get it this year. Do believe it looks slow and if its because they are showing the locomotion then im fine with that. I do believe that madden makes a better effort in making a true "sunday" feel of the game.

Rudy
05-16-2010, 05:23 AM
I don't have time to play both games. I just want NCAA 11 to be great. As long as that's great I won't bother with Madden. If I ever picked Madden up it would have to be later on for cheap (and I don't play online so I wouldn't bother with the online pass).

Jayrah
05-16-2010, 05:52 AM
I don't have time to play both games. I just want NCAA 11 to be great. As long as that's great I won't bother with Madden. If I ever picked Madden up it would have to be later on for cheap (and I don't play online so I wouldn't bother with the online pass).

Normally I get both on time, but this year it's looking like I may wait till Madden goes down a price bracket or two. Ncaa looks like what I've hoped for since NG finally, so I should be way too busy playing that. Plus come August I gotta a lot of stuff going on career-wise so I'll be too busy for 2 games I think.

The updates of Madden look intriguing. I will be interested to finally see what a 'major' difference can mean in playing both titles. Before now, they've been relatively side by side from a design standpoint

Kwizzy
05-16-2010, 11:20 AM
I will say that I feel like both of these games could greatly benefit from adding a few different "running styles". In the past couple years is has been more and more annoying to me that every player seems to have the same running animation. A shifty quick little 5'8" still has the same long strides as a 6'3" power back & it really frustrates the realisitic looks of the game IMO. I would love to see them add a few different running animations to differentiate between the guys that are long striders & the guys who have shorter choppier footwork.

JBHuskers
05-16-2010, 12:27 PM
It was too bad that you couldn't choose the game speed online for franchises (unless I missed something). I was going with the speed that basically matched NCAA, I liked it a lot better than the slower speed.

Rudy
05-16-2010, 12:39 PM
I don't know why they couldn't let you set the speed online. That really led to a split among the community.

I had Madden 10 for a bit and didn't like any of the camera options they had either. I prefer college football and I want NCAA to be better. I did like the pro-tak last year. The funny thing is I thought the passing speeds in NCAA were crazy fast at times but a little too slow/floaty in Madden. I tried the Slow speed and found it way too slow for my tastes. Fast was my favourite although Normal wasn't too bad.

cdj
05-16-2010, 12:43 PM
I don't know why they couldn't let you set the speed online. That really led to a split among the community.

I may be wrong, but I think due to Microsoft (and maybe Sony) regulations to comply with ranked online standards, all ranked games had to be the same so speed could not be set by users, only one norm could be used & accepted.

Jayrah
05-17-2010, 04:31 AM
I may be wrong, but I think due to Microsoft (and maybe Sony) regulations to comply with ranked online standards, all ranked games had to be the same so speed could not be set by users, only one norm could be used & accepted.

Unfortunately that makes a lot of sense. Wouldn't bet on a change this season

Anton32
05-19-2010, 08:17 AM
Many of us have heard, or seen blogs and livechats about some of the new features in Madden11, as one who has had a chance to play the game I'm looking forward to wut ur impressions are once u get it. My question is wut do you think of the things u heard about so far? How well do u think Locomotion will take Madden this yr and yrs to come? Interested to here your feedback

Sinister
05-19-2010, 08:34 AM
Based on what I've heard so far it seems like it will be better than 10. I would like to hear more about defense especially when it comes to controls, schemes and overall control. I hope that the passing is tuned alittle so that I can place the ball anywhere I want in relation to that players pass ratings.

Rudy
05-19-2010, 09:00 AM
I haven't really heard much in terms of big change other than game planning. I'm more interested in NCAA 11.

jaymo76
05-25-2010, 11:43 PM
Based on what I've heard so far it seems like it will be better than 10. I would like to hear more about defense especially when it comes to controls, schemes and overall control. I hope that the passing is tuned alittle so that I can place the ball anywhere I want in relation to that players pass ratings.

Right now this is a PASS for me. I ust am not impressed by what little they have announced. I thought this would be the year of MAJOR dynasty upgrades but it really seems like no huge announcements are forthcoming. NCAA however has made MASSIVE strides... bring on the demo.

Anton32
05-26-2010, 11:03 AM
I can remember sitting in the Playtest room waiting to play Madden11, When we all got together in the room with Ian Cummings, we didnt play the game right away he went to the projector screen and gave us a layout of what we were there fore, one of the things that stood out for me was he showed us some drawings that were on a white board that he had posted the picture up along with his blog, right away ppl who read the blog made speculations of what the drawings were, but had NO CLUE that they had nothing to do with Madden11, he stated "I done it for a reason to see what ppl would say"! We cant speculate on what Madden11 will be like but instead, play the demo, and even then give the game a chance. So many times we play the demo to games and it is the total opposite of what we actually play once we buy it! Just because you dont hear the things you wanna hear in the live chat, doesnt mean that its not in the game, if they tell us everything and show it all, there wont be any room for "Hype". I cant tell you what is in the game from what I have played of it, but what I can say is What you see on Sunday you will see in Madden11!

cdj
06-01-2010, 05:39 PM
Madden 11 introduces online scouting (http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/videogames/blog/_/name/thegamer/id/5240298/madden-11-introduces-online-scouting?readmore=fullstory)

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0601/vg_maddenscouting_2_576.jpg

I like to throw the curl route on first down in "Madden." Prefer to throw it to the receiver on the right side of the screen. I have the timing down so perfect in my head that I can usually do it without even looking. Eight yards to open the drive.

As John Madden used to say, "Boom!"

And it's funny, I know my tendencies, a couple of my best friends know what I've been up to for years, but when I go online and play random people, that curl route is still always open.

But not for long.

With "Madden NFL 11," EA Sports is tracking your every play in order to deliver scouting reports to your online opponents. So now, whether I'm playing against a "Madden" vet in Sacramento or a newbie in Denver, all they need to do is order up my report and they'll know my tendencies as well as the people I've been playing "Madden" against since high school.

"Online scouting tracks all of your play-calling and what you like to do in different situations," explains producer Donny Moore. "We're tracking every online game that you play: online ranked, unranked, and 'Madden Ultimate Team' head-to-head."

And according to Moore, there are ten different situations that the game is tracking: First down, second down and long, second down and medium, second down and short, third down and long, third down and medium, third down and short, fourth down, goal line, and red zone.

"On defense, the first thing you're going to unlock is the run/pass percentage of your opponent. The next thing you're going to unlock is the field location," says Moore. "Where on the field does your opponent target in this given situation. If it's a run, it's broken down into three zones: right, middle, and left. If it's a pass, it's broken down into more zones: right, middle, and left, and then also short, medium, and deep."

The final thing gamers unlock on defense is the player-specific target. Who does your opponent like to throw to or hand the ball off to in these certain situations.

"On offense, you're going to be scouting the percentages on how often your opponent likes to play man or zone versus the blitz in certain situations," adds Moore. "The other thing you're able to unlock on offense is to view your own tendencies. This adds to that chess match where you can see that on third down and short, you actually run the ball 87% of the time, and during those runs, I'm running to the left 68% of the time. So now that I know what I do, I'm actually going to flip my play and run to the right because my opponent might scout me and know what I'm doing."

So now, not only will my opponent know about my curl route on first down, but I'm reminded of that fact myself, leading me to change my gameplan and maybe call a draw, or even an out and up to catch my opponent off guard. Says Moore: "By changing your gameplan, it's actually making you a better player."

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0601/vg_maddenscouting_1_576.jpg
With one message, you know the chess match is on.

But how do you unlock these scouting reports? "Madden" producer Phil Frazier provides the details: "Scouting is a consumable. So you earn coins in every online game that you play as long as you don't quit or disconnect. You can then spend these coins on scouting reports or other things within the game (gamers will also be able to use real money to buy coin packs or scouting packs, but the prices are not final). It's the same economy that drives 'Madden Ultimate Team.' So you can literally be playing 'Madden Ultimate Team' online, earn some coins, then turn around and either buy a pack of cards or a scouting pack. The economy drives a lot more this year than just 'Madden Ultimate Team, but we're not talking dollars per scouting report here. You're earning these coins by playing 'Madden' online, so this isn't a money-grab for us. This is about building up your online skills. We're trying to provide a competitive advantage and we're presenting it to you in a way that's authentic to the sport of football.'"

And to give gamers a taste of the strategy, everybody who buys the game new will receive 50 free scouting reports with purchase tied to the new EA Sports Online Pass initiative.

"When you total everything up, there are 45 different pieces of scouting report information that you could buy per game," explains Moore. "Or you can just buy the full game purchase option before the game for just 25 coins so you can just have all the scouting before the game without having to buy every piece of information separately. It's a pretty good discount. Then when you're in-game, if a scouting report is available to be viewed, you just hit a button to activate."

Adds Frazier: "What ultimately drove this feature was the hardcore, competitive, head-to-head gamer who wanted the ability, just like NFL coaches, to have a tool to understand what their opponents are doing. And that's why we've focused this feature on online head-to-head and not carried it over to online franchise which we feel is a more social aspect of gaming."

As for how the new scouting works with "Madden's" GameFlow play-calling system? Frazier believes the two work hand-in-hand. "With GameFlow, you're giving the A.I. the ability to choose for you, so maybe the statistic of pass versus run isn't as valid as the others, but even when a pass play is called, it's up to you on how to execute that play. When we call out the primary receiver who is running a streak route, you can choose instead to throw to the receiver on the other side of the field who is running the corner route. So the information on where the play is run, who is favorite target is, how deep he likes to throw, all of that information is very much relevant even though the play was called by GameFlow. And since you can also audible out of GameFlow, we're also tracking those plays that you're calling. There's no way to circumvent the system as we're tracking the final result."

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0601/vg_maddenscouting_3_576.jpg
Viewing your own tendencies will help make you a better play-caller.

In addition, Moore sees the advantage coming from how online opponents like to constantly change playbooks. "The computer doesn't change his playbook, but online, gamers are always adapting.

"And just because you have the information on what your opponent likes to do, that doesn't mean he's going to do it. It's just some great, useful information that could help you gain that edge in your game. And it's cool, because when someone is scouting you, a pop-up appears on your screen that reads, 'You've been scouted.' So you know when somebody is watching you and it gets back into that chess game where he thinks you're going left, so you throw a deep ball to the right when he's least expecting it. But to me, the scouting I find most useful is field location. This lets you know if a guy likes to throw those screens and drag routes across the middle or if he likes to throw deep more often."

"I agree," adds Frazier. "I was playing a game against ('Madden' producer) Ian Cummings the other day, and when I play defense, I like to play safety, and the scouting enables me to cheat a little one way or the other. But at the same time, Ian was using his own scouting to target places on the field he doesn't usually throw to because he knew I was cheating my safety deep. It really added an extra element to the gameplay.

"We have high hopes for this feature because of this. Now if you're being shut down, it's not because of your stick skills. It's because you're not calling a good game. You won't be able to get away with calling the same plays over and over anymore. It's geared to make the average Joe play a more serious game of football and call the game more like a real coach."

Looks my days of first down curl routes are coming to an end. Then again, now that you know what's coming, and you know that I know that you know what's coming, you never really know what's coming.

And that's what playing "Madden" is all about.

Deuce
06-01-2010, 07:23 PM
I'm not really a Madden or online guy but this is very cool. I hope they incorporate this into CPU AI in NCAA. I know they have CPU AI but I never saw any of it. Does anyone know how CPU AI was implemented in NCAA10?

Rudy
06-01-2010, 07:37 PM
This is cool. Reminds me of the VIP stuff 2K used to have. How the cpu adjusts to this will be crucial.

jaymo76
06-01-2010, 08:19 PM
Just me but I will NEVER buy a feature. But, for those of you who will, have fun.

cdj
06-02-2010, 12:54 AM
I'm not really a Madden or online guy but this is very cool. I hope they incorporate this into CPU AI in NCAA. I know they have CPU AI but I never saw any of it. Does anyone know how CPU AI was implemented in NCAA10?

AFAIK, this feature is not in NCAA unless they just didn't tell us (unlikely). Not sure how the CPU AI in NCAA works compared to the way it is mentioned here. That is a good question though.

Just me but I will NEVER buy a feature. But, for those of you who will, have fun.

If I understand it, just playing online games will give you the (or some) 'coins' to continue to buy more scouting reports. However, I'm not sure what level of success you need to get enough coins to purchase the full report versus only partial. If people buy the full scouting report each game, you'll probably have to shell out some cash, unfortunately. Though, if someone is getting their tail waxed (or administering the waxing) they may not buy any (or few aspects) of the scouting. I supposed it's all part of the 'chess match' Robinson is referring to. Go up big (or trail significantly) in the first quarter/half, don't 'buy' them. In a close game, start 'buying' some scouting aspects (like 3rd & short tendencies). It sounds similar to the coin system in Madden Ultimate Team, if you played around with that.

JBHuskers
06-02-2010, 08:33 AM
Yeah if it is anything like the currency model on Madden Ultimate Team, where you're going to have to play a decent amount of games in order to just buy the crappy pack. The feature itself looks cool. I'm just not a fan about paying for something to get an advantage. But offsetting it by not having to play a million games just to buy one report is good. I can definitely see the competitive Madden community being a fan of this feature, even though there will be the vocal minority that litter the message boards with their usual.

skipwondah33
06-02-2010, 08:45 AM
The feature sounds cool honestly but probably isn't something I'll use. Mainly because I don't play outside of the Madden community leagues I'm in. And chances are I'm definitely not buying them.

I'll give it a try atleast

I OU a Beatn
06-02-2010, 09:16 AM
Blah, I definitely don't need a scouting report when playing people online. I usually have their 3 or 4 plays figured out by the time they touch the ball for the 2nd time. At least they're paying attention to online play for a change.

morsdraconis
06-02-2010, 09:57 AM
(sigh)

Yes, MORE money for a $60 game already. That's the ticket!

For god's sake EA, you money hungry whores.

These stupid DLCs that you try to force out are NOT worth it. EVER. DLC for football games is NOT a good idea.

(sigh)

At least I never play Madden anymore (until they actually do something to Superstar Mode, Madden will continue to be a non-purchase for me) so I don't care that much about what they are doing with it.

I OU a Beatn
06-02-2010, 11:13 AM
Lol, did you guys read that you earn the coins by playing the game? You don't absolutely have to buy this feature, you can just play enough to earn coins to unlock it. Relax.

skipwondah33
06-02-2010, 12:43 PM
Yeah I read that lol. Before I got to that part I thought you had to pay but then seen that. Again its optional so it won't bother anything I do

Rudy
06-03-2010, 05:08 AM
If that feature requires you to pay money then it's going too far. If they gave you enough money for fairplay standards, not quitting in games, etc., that would be a great way to limit cheezers/losers online and reward sim/good guys with these reports. It's the VIP system only they charge you for it.

I swear, the Madden team is looking like the NCAA team did last year. The focus seems to be on the wrong stuff. With Madden it looks like a massive cash grab. Their big features seem to be game flow and this stuff which I don't think are features that are going to really create interest in the casual fanbase. Paying for stuff will kill that interest.

JBHuskers
06-03-2010, 11:20 AM
Lol, did you guys read that you earn the coins by playing the game? You don't absolutely have to buy this feature, you can just play enough to earn coins to unlock it. Relax.

Yeah but if you played Madden Ultimate Team on Madden 10, you had to play a LOT to even get one of the crappy packs. The platinum pack cost 9000 coins....that was the rough equivalent of 30+ games.

Kwizzy
06-03-2010, 12:20 PM
Yeah I agree with what seems to be the general consensus here... If you earn enough credits by simply playing and finishing games & whatnot, then this is GREAT. If I'm going to have to spend any money at all, I will NEVER use it.

Jayrah
06-04-2010, 02:36 AM
I agree as well on the money part.

However, this feature is exactly what I want to see for ncaa dynasty. It's actually very well set up, from a design and coaching standpoint. If this were used in dynasty mode (offline AND online), without the necessity of payment, that would make dynasty SO MUCH MORE FUN. So I applaud the feature as such. And if it were implemented into dynasty free, then having to pay for it for online is actually not bad to me at all.

Kwizzy
06-04-2010, 07:29 AM
Oh I agree on the feature itself. In all my posts about what I hoped the dynasty additions were for this year this is almost the EXACT feature I described. I just think the money part is the holdup for me personally.

JBHuskers
06-04-2010, 07:34 PM
Team Ratings announced today.....

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6264588.html?tag=topslot;thumb;2

Rank Team Madden 11 Madden 10 Change
1 New Orleans Saints 92 94 -2
2 Indianapolis Colts 91 93 -2
3 Baltimore Ravens 90 87 +3
4 New York Jets 89 88 +1
5 Minnesota Vikings 88 90 -2
6 Green Bay Packers 87 87 NA
7 Dallas Cowboys 87 88 -1
8 New England Patriots 86 88 -2
9 Cincinnati Bengals 86 86 NA
10 San Diego Chargers 85 89 -4
11 Pittsburgh Steelers 84 85 -1
12 Atlanta Falcons 83 83 NA
13 New York Giants 81 81 NA
14 Philadelphia Eagles 80 86 -6
15 Arizona Cardinals 79 87 -8
16 Miami Dolphins 79 77 +2
17 San Francisco 49ers 79 78 +1
18 Houston Texans 78 82 -4
19 Denver Broncos 78 80 -2
20 Chicago Bears 77 75 +2
21 Tennessee Titans 77 79 -2
22 Washington Redskins 76 70 +6
23 Carolina Panthers 75 78 -3
24 Seattle Seahawks 75 72 +3
25 Jacksonville Jaguars 74 76 -2
26 Oakland Raiders 71 71 NA
27 Kansas City Chiefs 71 68 +3
28 Cleveland Browns 70 69 +1
29 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 69 67 +2
30 Detroit Lions 68 66 +2
31 Buffalo Bills 67 71 -4
32 St. Louis Rams 66 65 +1

jaymo76
06-05-2010, 09:25 PM
Good to see a significant stretch between top and bottom. Can't help but think though the Philly should have dropped more.

Jayrah
06-06-2010, 04:14 AM
Yeah the point spread is AWESOME here. I think Philly will be better than what people outside of Philly think. But they definitely won't be the same team. I think Arizona is a bit overrated here, and probably Chicago as well. Both by maybe a couple points. Arizona lost too much to still be above some of those teams imo. They rightfully lost the most points from last year though, so can't fault it too much. Surprised Detroit isn't just a point or 2 higher they had a nice offseason.

Rudy
06-06-2010, 05:54 AM
Good to see a significant stretch between top and bottom. Can't help but think though the Philly should have dropped more.

The stretch is actually less than last year as it went from 65 to 94 and now goes from 66 to 92.

It's funny to see San Diego drop 4 points - all because LT2 was over-rated along with Cromartie last year.

I thought the Dolphins initial ratings were fairly bad last year (how they rated the DL and Henne). The Dolphins offense should be pretty good this year. My only real concern right now is their pass rush which could be fairly bad.

Kev5890
06-07-2010, 10:45 PM
New Video with Gus Johsnon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmYbiCq173Q&feature=player_embedded

cdj
06-11-2010, 06:59 PM
From the Madden team:

While that meant not making any major overhauls to Franchise or SuperStar (in Madden 11), we were still able to make some notable improvements while we prepare for the future. Specifically, we improved franchise stats (especially season rushing yards and season sacks), in-game injuries, Super Bowl presentation, NCAA Draft Class tuning, and we even completely re-created over 8000 players in 32 draft classes. We also added the new Meadowlands Stadium as the 2014 Super Bowl site.

Also: New game feature/mode announced tonight on GameTrailers TV.

Kingpin32
06-11-2010, 09:27 PM
The whole "not improving Franchise mode" may have just turned me off from buying Madden this year.

jaymo76
06-11-2010, 09:29 PM
From the Madden team:

While that meant not making any major overhauls to Franchise or SuperStar (in Madden 11), we were still able to make some notable improvements while we prepare for the future. Specifically, we improved franchise stats (especially season rushing yards and season sacks), in-game injuries, Super Bowl presentation, NCAA Draft Class tuning, and we even completely re-created over 8000 players in 32 draft classes. We also added the new Meadowlands Stadium as the 2014 Super Bowl site.

Also: New game feature/mode announced tonight on GameTrailers TV.

NO FRANCHISE OVERHAUL = me NOT purchasing Madden 11. I enjoyed Madden 10 but continuing to neglect a very bland and boring and problematic franchise mode is too much for me to overlook.

skipwondah33
06-11-2010, 09:35 PM
I havent played franchise mode in forever so this doesn't really effect me. It did need reworked though but I'd moreso care about them fixing the CPU AI when you play them more than anything then it would be enjoyable.

Rudy
06-12-2010, 06:54 AM
So the Madden team decided it was better to improve the "Ask Madden" feature than put improvements in franchise mode which everyone loves the most? Their priorities seem off this year. My gut feels the same way about Madden 11 as it did about NCAA 10 last spring. A great playing game can cure this but the marketing has been lousy for Madden 11 this year imo.

Kev5890
06-12-2010, 08:16 AM
3 on 3 Online Team play will be in Madden NFL 11.

Flav
06-12-2010, 10:28 AM

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/109/1096727p1.html

jaymo76
06-12-2010, 11:23 AM

Who wants a working offline franchise when we can have this... seriously.... 3 on 3....???? (insert extreme sarcasm here).

morsdraconis
06-12-2010, 12:07 PM
Who wants a working offline franchise when we can have this... seriously.... 3 on 3....???? (insert extreme sarcasm here).

I completely agree.

It's barely fun to play against random people 1 on 1. Who the hell wants to add two other cheesing fuckers to your team to try to out cheese 3 other cheesers?

That's the most retarded thing I've ever seen. Whatever happened to getting the dynasty presentation from Head Coach over since they have that guy on the team?

I haven't bought Madden since '09 (and boy was THAT a disappointment) and I haven't played Madden for more than a month since '08 (and then, it was only Superstar Mode with a friend) and this definitely will not change that.

beartide06
06-12-2010, 01:00 PM
I agree about their priorities. Madden seems like it is slacking off a little this year after what they did last year. The new gameflow seems like it would mostly favor new people who don't play much or People who like head coach. Maybe the gameplay can pick up where the franchise will be lacking. I'm not sure if I will purchase it yet or not.

JBHuskers
06-12-2010, 02:29 PM

Got a chance to test it out during the NFL Draft....it's a blast to play. Definitely agree with Madden lacking in the WOW factor this year. I'm very excited to see Gus Johnson in the game, he's one of my favorites and did a phenomenal job on NCAA Basketball 10. I'm actually disappointed they didn't work on the key things that were needed on the online franchise. Especially the free agency system.

iBrandon
06-12-2010, 03:40 PM
The whole "not improving Franchise mode" may have just turned me off from buying Madden this year.

Yeah, that doesn't sound good. On the bright side, NCAA looks to be great, so it may take up most of my time like Madden did last year.

BTW I will still get Madden.

jaymo76
06-12-2010, 10:09 PM
Yeah, that doesn't sound good. On the bright side, NCAA looks to be great, so it may take up most of my time like Madden did last year.

BTW I will still get Madden.

I guess on the bright side with Madden 11 looking to be a dissapointment, it will save me $60.00 this summer. No updates to offline franchise gives me ZERO incentive to buy. I am perfectly content to play Madden 10... a sixty dollar roster upgrade just isn't worth it.

JeffHCross
06-13-2010, 12:04 AM
Guys, fyi, it's important to note the reason for not having major Franchise improvements this year didn't have anything to do with 3-on-3 or Game Flow.

Read the full blog (http://maddennfl.easports.com/blog.action?blogId=E3featureAndUpdate) for more, but here's the important quote.

To re-write Franchise mode to take full advantage of the PS3 and Xbox 360 would take well over a year to do, which is why we’ve taken the approach we have up until now. With that in mind, we made the decision to focus this year’s development on making the core areas of Madden NFL better, namely the AI, animations, playcall, and online play. While that meant not making any major overhauls to Franchise or SuperStar,

I think Madden has absolutely killed the momentum they had (if any) going into E3 this year. Online Franchise was the major feature for last year, but from all indications it pretty much flopped. So now they're, at least for Franchise, taking a year off because, admittedly, it takes more than a year to put these improvements in. I appreciate their honesty, but it's still a gut shot.

Definitely no Madden for me this year, though this was all-but true before now anyway.

morsdraconis
06-13-2010, 12:44 AM
Guys, fyi, it's important to note the reason for not having major Franchise improvements this year didn't have anything to do with 3-on-3 or Game Flow.

Read the full blog (http://maddennfl.easports.com/blog.action?blogId=E3featureAndUpdate) for more, but here's the important quote.

I think Madden has absolutely killed the momentum they had (if any) going into E3 this year. Online Franchise was the major feature for last year, but from all indications it pretty much flopped. So now they're, at least for Franchise, taking a year off because, admittedly, it takes more than a year to put these improvements in. I appreciate their honesty, but it's still a gut shot.

Definitely no Madden for me this year, though this was all-but true before now anyway.

That's all fine and dandy, but it's been know ever since it jumped from last gen to next gen that Franchise is in desperate need of updates. It taking more than 1 year to make those changes really isn't much of an excuse. You can't tell me that they are going to serious say, "Well, we spent ALL of 2012's dev cycle making the Franchise and Online Franchise portion of the game better, but we didn't fix any of the new bugs and glitches that have cropped up from last year's game." Or that they haven't even TOUCHED the Superstar Mode since it was debuted on '06. '06! I mean, for christ's sake, what do they expect from their customers if they aren't going to even TOUCH the main reason to even freakin' play Madden (since playing online is like watching snail's screw because it's so goddamn slow)?

JeffHCross
06-13-2010, 12:56 AM
Based on what I've seen, I think the vast majority of Madden players DO play nothing but online ...

cdj
06-13-2010, 01:00 AM
I'm optimistic they made improvements to Franchise by addressing issue and bugs and also making some improvements, even if it isn't a rewrite:

While that meant not making any major overhauls to Franchise or SuperStar, we were still able to make some notable improvements while we prepare for the future. Specifically, we improved franchise stats (especially season rushing yards and season sacks), in-game injuries, Super Bowl presentation, NCAA Draft Class tuning, and we even completely re-created over 8000 players in 32 draft classes.

At least they came out and stated that they didn't spent a lot of time on it, but plan huge rewrites. Once the dust settles, I think most people prefer that versus 'no comment' on the mode leading up to release.

What gets me most on Superstar Mode is how unplayable it is due to the camera angle. I think it was M10 (don't think it was 09) I played two games of it with my RTG player and just abandoned it. The camera angle made it unplayable, so if they fixed that alone it would make the mode playable.

OTP is a fun mode. I question the longevity based upon what the mode doesn't offer, but I think with a legit group of guys (and foes) you will see people forming their own group/clan/team and racking up the games. Hopefully M12 will have stat tracking, if not OTP leagues of some sort as well as the Franchise/OF changes people are clamoring for.

Last year, it was Madden 10 with the big name features (Online Franchise, Pro-Tak, Extra Point, cutscenes, etc.) and people buried NCAA. This year, NCAA has the big features and Madden has seemingly lost the momentum they built up. I hope we (as a gaming community on the whole) don't get in a yo-yo pattern where every other year one of the football titles is built up pre-release while the other is bashed. It's going to be tough for NCAA 12 to have as many big item/name features like they did this year, while it sounds like Madden is all but stating Franchise & Superstar will be vastly improved next year.

morsdraconis
06-13-2010, 01:40 AM
Based on what I've seen, I think the vast majority of Madden players DO play nothing but online ...

I'm sure that's true, but I certainly don't and haven't ever since they implemented the stupid speed change where it's ridiculously slow.

If NCAA did the same thing to '11 for Online Dynasty, I'm going to be VERY disappointed...

Rudy
06-13-2010, 05:42 AM
Who wants to play as the 3rd wheel on offense though? QB fun. RB fun. Anything else not fun imo.

CLW
06-13-2010, 09:33 AM

Indeed. I bought Madden this year as I really enjoyed the improvements they made in the gameplay department. However, I found online franchise to be lacking (no player contracts, FA, being able to see the entire rating of every player in the draft, etc...)

EA also has indicated in the past that their "core" NCAA gamer and their "core" Madden gamer are completely different animals in their eyes. I have gotten the impression that EA believes the NCAA "core" plays dynasty and online dynasty the most and their Madden "core" are the "East Room" play now online crowd.

jaymo76
06-13-2010, 10:08 AM
Who wants to play as the 3rd wheel on offense though? QB fun. RB fun. Anything else not fun imo.

Totally agree... nothing more fun than being a "pulling guard"

cdj
06-13-2010, 10:23 AM
There is a thread at the EA Forums where they are taking any and all feedback and ideas as it relates to Franchise Mode (http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/868337.page). It is only at two pages now, so this is a great time to post your thoughts before it becomes a huge thread.

Kev5890
06-13-2010, 12:46 PM
WR?

I have a fun time playing as a wideout in Campus legend/ Superstar mode.

I OU a Beatn
06-16-2010, 12:35 PM
From Joystiq:

I went into our Madden NFL 11 play session expecting nothing really new, except for the announced online co-op multiplayer and Game Flow features. While the latter is something I'll definitely touch on later, the former was sadly out of our reach -- the E3 space for the game was limited, so EA couldn't network six stations to let any attendees get at it. Still, my session wasn't entirely a letdown.

The feel of the game was very familiar. The controller layout was largely the same and nothing much has changed from a presentation standpoint, save for some minor control updates -- like the new locomotion system.

There's no more turbo and instead the game places more responsibility on the right analog stick, which not only handles trucking when running with the ball, but also is now the new way to make players spin. It's more intuitive, as you must now mimic the spin action by rolling the analog stick in the appropriate direction.

Offensive and defensive shifts also have a new control input: the d-pad. When doing coverage audibles and moving your defensive line around pre-snap, you initiate these last-minute changes by hitting the corresponding direction on the d-pad, streamlining the whole process. While that's all well and good, for somebody who's been playing Madden since, like, forever, it took a bit getting used to. Suffice to say, I couldn't set up my defense with the proficiency I could in previous games. It's just something new I'm going to have to get used to and hardly a deal breaker.

Regardless of which side of the line you're on, the new Game Flow system also offers a new dynamic to the game. By taking into account a player's behavior, it'll select plays based on your play style and a set of parameters you provide. EA promised that players would be able to calibrate it once the final game launches, but in my time with the game it was little more than a random play selector. After passing it several times in a row, I then went to Game Flow only to have the game select a play-action pass for me. That's not something most coaches would do, you know?

EA also promised quicker games this time around and I definitely felt that in the demo. In around ten-to-fifteen minutes, I almost sped through two quarters of play. For online enthusiasts who don't want to spend the 40 minutes it took to get through a game before, this will surely be an improvement.

People like to harp on Madden as the ultimate iterative series -- marginal (at best) improvements year over year with nothing of real value coming to the table. In my time with Madden NFL 11, I didn't get that feeling. While the changes definitely put me out of my comfort zone, I felt that they overall improved the experience. And hopefully on August 10, when the game hits the retail gridiron, you'll feel the same way.

JBHuskers
06-16-2010, 04:27 PM
From Pasta Padre's Twitter, demo will be 5 minute quarters.

iBrandon
06-17-2010, 12:08 AM
That's great that the demo will be 5 minute quarters.

I had no idea speed burst was removed for Madden 11.Interesting...

jaymo76
06-17-2010, 12:37 AM
From Pasta Padre's Twitter, demo will be 5 minute quarters.

Good news on the demo as that's as close to buying the game as I will come. This years it's all about NCAA. I'll give Madden a year to get their stuff together and then see hoe offline frnachise looks.

SmoothPancakes
06-17-2010, 12:47 AM
Sadly, it doesn't look like I'll be getting Madden at release this year. I usually get both games on release each year, but as dynasty/franchise and RTG/Superstar are the meat and potatoes of my game play, paying $60 for essentially a roster update in M11 isn't worth it. Maybe I'll get the game used early next year/spring for extremely cheap just for the achievements/gamerscore to help my achievement whore syndrome, but that'd be about it. Really sad as I have bought every NCAA and Madden every year since the 2001 editions. But NCAA is clearly the cream of the crop this year between the two, even if it does end up having bugs and bad AI issues.

cdj
06-17-2010, 11:52 AM
I had no idea speed burst was removed for Madden 11.Interesting...

Speed Burst is in the game, but the setting is just defaulted to the opposite of NCAA. Auto Sprint is ON in M11, OFF in NCAA 11. You can play with it in the NCAA 11 demo to see if you like it.

JBHuskers
06-18-2010, 01:43 PM
From the GameStop Twitter account:

GameStop Pre-order Madden 11 and get 20k in-game coins to help you play smarter & stronger w boosts, scouting & more! http://ht.ly/20lGJ

Rudy
06-20-2010, 05:12 PM
I saw a couple videos at Pastapadre from E3. Why do they have that red circle indicator for the ball on every play? It's ugly as hell on passing plays. It looks terrible. Did they implement the option to turn it off this year?

iBrandon
06-22-2010, 09:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqQKDQblpGs&feature=player_embedded

Top 10 Players in Madden at each position

Per Steve at OS Per K0ACHK

Top Players
C. Johnson HB - 99
P. Willis MLB - 99
D. Revis CB - 99
J. Allen RE - 99
D. Brees QB - 99
P. Manning QB - 99
R. Clady LT - 98
A. Peterson HB - 98

Top Quarterbacks
D. Brees - 99
P. Manning - 99
T. Brady - 95
A. Rodgers - 94
P. Rivers - 94
B. Favre - 92
T. Romo - 90
M. Shaub - 89

Top Running Backs
C. Johnson - 99
A. Peterson - 98
M. Jones-Drew - 96
S. Jackson - 95
F. Gore - 93
D. Williams - 92
R. Rice - 90
M. Turner - 90

Top Fullbacks
T. Richardson - 94
L. Polite - 91
L. Weaver - 90
L. McLain - 90
L. Vickers - 89
O. Mughelli - 88
M. Hedgecock - 86
M. Karney - 85

Top Wide Receivers
A. Johnson - 98
L. Fitzgerald - 97
B. Marshall - 96
R. Wayne - 96
R. Moss - 95
R. White - 93
S. Smith - 92
D. Jackson - 91

Top Tight Ends
Tony Gonzalez - 98
J. Witten - 97
V. Davis - 96
A. Gates - 96
D. Clark - 96
H. Miller - 90
C. Cooley - 89
K. Winslow - 89

Top Left Tackles
R. Clardy - 98
J. Long - 96
J. Thomas - 95
M. Roos - 95
J. Gross - 95
D. Ferguson - 91
J. Brown - 91
B. McKinnie - 90

Top Left Guards
S. Hutchinson - 97
L. Mankins - 95
B. Grubbs - 94
K. Dielman - 93
C. Nicks - 91
E. Steinback - 91
A. Faneca - 91
T. Herremans - 89

Top Centers
N. Mangold - 97
A. Gurode - 92
J. Saturday - 92
S. O'Hara - 91
M. Birk - 91
R. Kalil - 90
J. Brown - 89
D. Koppen - 88

Top Right Guards
J. Evans - 98
C. Snee - 96
L. Davis - 89
D. Joseph - 88
B. Moore - 88
B. Williams - 88
H. Dahl - 87
J. Scott - 85

Top Right Tackles
J. Stinchcomb - 90
D. Stewart - 89
D. Woody - 89
J. Otah - 86
J. Gaither - 86
V. Carey - 86
R. Harris - 85
E. Winston - 85

Top Left Ends
R. Mathis - 95
J. Tuck - 92
R. Seymour - 92
L. Castillo - 88
A. Smith - 87
C. Campbell - 86
S. Ellis - 86
R. Edwards - 85

Top Right Ends
J. Allen - 99
D. Freeney - 97
M. Williams - 95
T. Cole - 95
J. Peppers - 95
H. Ngata - 94
D. Dockett - 94
W. Smith - 90

Top Defensive Tackles
K. Williams - 97
V. Wilfork - 95
J. Ratliff - 94
K. Jenkins - 94
S. Rogers - 93
C. Hampton - 91
A. Franklin - 90
R. Starks - 89

Top LOLB
L. Woodley - 91
S. Phillips - 91
D. Smith - 89
T. Davis - 87
B. Cushing - 87
J. Peterson - 86
B. Orakpo - 85
R. Maualuga - 85

Top MLB
P. Willis - 99
J. Beason - 96
R. Lewis - 94
D. Harris - 91
B. Ruud - 91
L. Fletcher - 91
D. Ryans - 90
J. Vilma - 90

Top ROLB
D. Ware - 97
J. Harrison - 97
E. Dumervil - 93
L. Briggs - 92
T. Suggs - 90
C. Greenway - 88
K. Rivers - 86
C. Matthews - 86

Top Corners
D. Revis - 99
N. Asomugha - 98
C. Woodson - 97
C. Bailey - 95
A. Samuel - 94
J. Joseph - 93
L. Hall - 92
C. Finnegan -92

Top FS
E. Reed - 97
A. Bethea - 95
D. Sharper - 94
N. Collins - 93
O. Atogwe - 92
B. Dawkins - 90
T. Jackson - 88
K. Rhodes - 88

Top SS
T. Polamalu - 97
A. Wilson - 96
B. Sanders - 89
B. Merriweather - 88
L. Landry - 87
T. Branch - 86
J. Leonhard - 85
B. Pollard - 84

Top Kickers
R. Gould - 95
N. Kaeding - 95
R. Bironas - 93
R. Longwell - 92
S. Gostowski - 91
S. Janikowski - 90
J. Hanson - 89
D. Akers - 89

Top Punters
S. Lechlar - 98
A. Lee - 94
D. Jones - 94
M. Scifres - 93
M. McBriar - 92
D. Colquitt - 91
B. Moorman - 90
S. Koch - 86

iBrandon
06-22-2010, 09:55 AM
Five 49ers on the list

MLB - Patrick Willis – 99 – 1st
TE - Vernon Davis – 96 – 3rd
P - Andy Lee – 94 – 2nd
RB - Frank Gore – 93 – 5th
DT - Aubrayo Franklin – 90 – 7th

JBHuskers
06-22-2010, 09:58 AM
Good stuff Dookie. At least LT isn't in the top ten :D

Rudy
06-22-2010, 08:27 PM
LT was so over-rated last year. I read he's looked really slow in New York.

cdj
06-22-2010, 08:33 PM
Ian Cummings & the Madden team have set up some new ways to get feedback:

Last tweet tonight - you can email feedback to maddencommunity{at}gmail.com, or call/text 650-440-MADN. Tell your friends!

JBHuskers
06-22-2010, 08:36 PM
Ian Cummings & the Madden team have set up some new ways to get feedback:

Last tweet tonight - you can email feedback to maddencommunity{at}gmail.com, or call/text 650-440-MADN. Tell your friends!

Would love to go through those messages :D

I OU a Beatn
06-22-2010, 09:02 PM
What I would do to be able to read/listen to those comments.

cdj
06-22-2010, 09:10 PM
What I would do to be able to read/listen to those comments.

That would be some DLC I'd gladly pay for. It's a nice way to reach out to the community though for those who read/lurk at sites, but don't like to post.

JBHuskers
06-23-2010, 04:01 PM
Live chat was just held on Online Team Play. Below is the transcript of it.

3:53 Dewiel: Welcome Everyone! Wednesday June 23, 2010 3:53 Dewiel

3:54 [Comment From Anton32 Anton32: ]
Wuts up guys
Wednesday June 23, 2010 3:54 Anton32

3:54 [Comment From JBHuskers JBHuskers: ]
howdy!
Wednesday June 23, 2010 3:54 JBHuskers

3:54 [Comment From Anton32 Anton32: ]
JBBBBBBBBB
Wednesday June 23, 2010 3:54 Anton32

3:54 [Comment From AndrewB AndrewB: ]
wad up
Wednesday June 23, 2010 3:54 AndrewB

3:54 Dewiel: The Dev team will be joining us shortly. In the meantime, feel free to go ahead and start posting your Online Team Play questions. Wednesday June 23, 2010 3:54 Dewiel

3:54 [Comment From Guest Guest: ]
was up
Wednesday June 23, 2010 3:54 Guest

3:55 [Comment From _aLeXiSOnFiRe_ _aLeXiSOnFiRe_: ]
Hey :)
Wednesday June 23, 2010 3:55 _aLeXiSOnFiRe_

3:55 [Comment From Guest Guest: ]
wad up
Wednesday June 23, 2010 3:55 Guest

3:55 [Comment From Guest Guest: ]
hello I have one question whens the demo going to be released?
Wednesday June 23, 2010 3:55 Guest

3:56 Dewiel: We're going to keep the chat limited to Online Team Play questions, btu I've seen this one several times. No date to share at this point guys. We'll let you know as soon as we do. Wednesday June 23, 2010 3:56 Dewiel

3:56 [Comment From FIRE34 FIRE34: ]
yo
Wednesday June 23, 2010 3:56 FIRE34

3:56 [Comment From terrance terrance: ]
hey
Wednesday June 23, 2010 3:56 terrance

3:57 [Comment From Guest Guest: ]
k thanks
Wednesday June 23, 2010 3:57 Guest

3:57 [Comment From xRomo_9winz xRomo_9winz: ]
Whats up guys ! ?
Wednesday June 23, 2010 3:57 xRomo_9winz

3:57 [Comment From _aLeXiSOnFiRe_ _aLeXiSOnFiRe_: ]
if i have 10 questions can i submit them now or wait and ask them one at a time?
Wednesday June 23, 2010 3:57 _aLeXiSOnFiRe_

3:58 Dewiel: Go ahead and submit them as 10 separate ones now and we'll get to them ASAP. Wednesday June 23, 2010 3:58 Dewiel

3:58 [Comment From Anton32 Anton32: ]
romoooooooo
Wednesday June 23, 2010 3:58 Anton32

3:58 [Comment From JBHuskers JBHuskers: ]
ANTON! You going to be with me or against me on OTP this year? :)
Wednesday June 23, 2010 3:58 JBHuskers

3:59 Wednesday June 23, 2010 3:59

3:59 [Comment From Anton32 Anton32: ]
Jb im with you my man we are gonna Go HARD!! LETS GOOOOOO
Wednesday June 23, 2010 3:59 Anton32

3:59 [Comment From xRomo_9winz xRomo_9winz: ]
Team Romo will take you all on whos with me ;)
Wednesday June 23, 2010 3:59 xRomo_9winz

3:59 [Comment From danny danny: ]
what is otp
Wednesday June 23, 2010 3:59 danny

3:59 Dewiel: Online Team Play Danny Wednesday June 23, 2010 3:59 Dewiel

3:59 [Comment From OneEighth OneEighth: ]
Hey, whats up guys!
Wednesday June 23, 2010 3:59 OneEighth

3:59 [Comment From xRomo_9winz xRomo_9winz: ]
Yes you and Raczilla are on my Team. lol
Wednesday June 23, 2010 3:59 xRomo_9winz

4:00 Dewiel: Raczilla and I will be forming an EA SPORTS Community team with one other guy from our studio to take on all comers. Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:00 Dewiel

4:00 [Comment From Anton32 Anton32: ]
Me and my fellow Game Changer JB will take you ALL ON
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:00 Anton32

4:00 [Comment From danny danny: ]
oh thanks
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:00 danny

4:00 [Comment From Anton32 Anton32: ]
hey eighth
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:00 Anton32

4:00 [Comment From AndrewB AndrewB: ]
how come i can't see my questions
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:00 AndrewB

4:00 Dewiel: I'll push the questions live one at a time once the dev team gets here. Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:00 Dewiel

4:01 [Comment From danny danny: ]
bears are going to be sick on defense this year
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:01 danny

4:01 [Comment From Anton32 Anton32: ]
Romo you are going under buddy sorry
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:01 Anton32

4:01 [Comment From JBHuskers JBHuskers: ]
how did I know Anton was going to bust out with a LET'S GO!!!!
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:01 JBHuskers

4:01 [Comment From Anton32 Anton32: ]
Dewiel dont thinkyou and Rac wanna see me JB and Jstein
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:01 Anton32

4:01 Dewiel: lol, didn't I beat you 84-16 at the NCAA Football Community Event Anton? Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:01 Dewiel

4:02 [Comment From xRomo_9winz xRomo_9winz: ]
Oh I like this the game has not come out and we already trash talking . Bring it!
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:02 xRomo_9winz

4:02 [Comment From Anton32 Anton32: ]
JB You already Know, dats the term for us "Locking Up' on D!!
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:02 Anton32

4:02 [Comment From SG Dirtyburt SG Dirtyburt: ]
I will see you Anton
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:02 SG Dirtyburt

4:02 [Comment From JBHuskers JBHuskers: ]
we'll send Dewiel Rac and whoever (Jeff Champ?) into early retirement
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:02 JBHuskers

4:02 [Comment From Anton32 Anton32: ]
Dewiel I will get you for that 20 more days buddy been practicing
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:02 Anton32

4:02 Dewiel: That's what I thought! ;) Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:02 Dewiel

4:03 [Comment From Anton32 Anton32: ]
SG dont think you wanna see me
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:03 Anton32

4:03 [Comment From xRomo_9winz xRomo_9winz: ]
Jstein s going to be on my team . hands off Anton . :D lol
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:03 xRomo_9winz

4:04 [Comment From JBHuskers JBHuskers: ]
good think Jake isn't here today to see Anton and Romo playing tug-o-war with him
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:04 JBHuskers

4:04 [Comment From SG Dirtyburt SG Dirtyburt: ]
You know my "D" is on Lock
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:04 SG Dirtyburt

4:04 [Comment From xRomo_9winz xRomo_9winz: ]
Dewiel he (Anton) been practicing but lossing to that CPU .. JK ;)
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:04 xRomo_9winz

4:05 [Comment From Anton32 Anton32: ]
Romo Wrong srry buddy, already in the works months ago, we practiced at Madden11 community day! :)
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:05 Anton32

4:05 [Comment From JStein JStein: ]
A quick hey guys! Can't stay long but I've seen this 1st hand, and it is a blast to play! Enjoy the chat, I'll catch up on the log later. Take care!
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:05 JStein

4:05 Dewiel: Take care Jake! Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:05 Dewiel

4:05 [Comment From JBHuskers JBHuskers: ]
okay Jake is (was) here LOL
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:05 JBHuskers

4:05 [Comment From Anton32 Anton32: ]
SG dont know bout that buddy, never known you to "Lock Up"
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:05 Anton32

4:06 [Comment From xRomo_9winz xRomo_9winz: ]
SG whats up????
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:06 xRomo_9winz

4:06 [Comment From Anton32 Anton32: ]
SG we can always find out after the chat GT Anton B
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:06 Anton32

4:06 [Comment From xRomo_9winz xRomo_9winz: ]
Be Safe And your on Team Romo remeber that . lol
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:06 xRomo_9winz

4:07 [Comment From Madden NFL Dev TEam Madden NFL Dev TEam: ]
What's going on guys...Yuri here
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:07 Madden NFL Dev TEam

4:08 Dewiel: Hey Guys, Yuri is here! Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:08 Dewiel

4:08 [Comment From Anton32 Anton32: ]
hey yuri
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:08 Anton32

4:08 [Comment From dtigertron dtigertron: ]
hi
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:08 dtigertron

4:08 [Comment From AndrewB AndrewB: ]
On The Online Mod In Three Player Who Gets To Pick The Play
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:08 AndrewB

4:09 Madden NFL Dev Team: So playcalling is based on the squad that you choose...on Offense, the QB gets to call the plays and on Defense the LB does the playcalling Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:09 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:09 [Comment From Anton32 Anton32: ]
With OTP will there be ranked and unranked matches vs. last yr. where there was only unranked. Can we play against friends too
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:09 Anton32

4:10 Madden NFL Dev Team: This year, OTP will only be unranked games...we wanted to focus on the fun part of it before getting down and dirty with the real competitive aspect of it. As far as inviting friends, that's a huge part of this mode...we have a new Friends List feature that allows you to invite up to five of your friends all at once to the same game.
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:10 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:12 [Comment From _aLeXiSOnFiRe_ _aLeXiSOnFiRe_: ]
Let's say i come out in a 3-4 Defense and audible to 4-3, will i then be able to control my LB at that last DL spot? or will it only let me control the 3 LB's?
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:12 _aLeXiSOnFiRe_

4:13 Madden NFL Dev Team: If you audible into a different formation, you'll still be controlling the player that you originally controlled. So despite the fact that technically you're on the DL now, you'll still have control over the player you were originally controlling. Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:13 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:13 [Comment From _aLeXiSOnFiRe_ _aLeXiSOnFiRe_: ]
If i control a Safety or a WR and i don't touch the joystick, will the cpu play the position or run the route automatically?
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:13 _aLeXiSOnFiRe_

4:15 Madden NFL Dev Team: That's a good question...if you're on Defense, your player will still be controlled by the CPU...as a WR you're in control, so if you don't move the stick, your player will just stand there. Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:15 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:15 [Comment From _aLeXiSOnFiRe_ _aLeXiSOnFiRe_: ]
Do you have to press Y to catch the ball? or can you just run your route and let the ball come to you and have the CPU auto-assist catch for you?
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:15 _aLeXiSOnFiRe_

4:16 Madden NFL Dev Team: You'll have to hit the button...no freebies here! Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:16 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:16 [Comment From _aLeXiSOnFiRe_ _aLeXiSOnFiRe_: ]
Can you change game speed in co op mode?
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:16 _aLeXiSOnFiRe_

4:16 Madden NFL Dev Team: Yep...you'll have most of the same settings that are available to you when setting up a head-to-head online game...game speed included. Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:16 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:17 [Comment From _aLeXiSOnFiRe_ _aLeXiSOnFiRe_: ]
Can all 3 members use a different camera angle? and is broadcast mode one of the camera angles you can use?
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:17 _aLeXiSOnFiRe_

4:19 Madden NFL Dev Team: So the broadcast camera was actually one of the cameras that we tried playtesting to see if it would work better for this mode...and it did, but only for the WR position :) In the end we settled with one camera type for everyone, but there's logic built into the camera that moves it based on how far away from the ball you are and what needs to be in the frame. Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:19 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:19 Madden NFL Dev Team: Long story short...it's the same camera, but all three people will have a different view. Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:19 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:20 [Comment From FIRE34 FIRE34: ]
Did you guys do anything to help reduce the lag with 6 people playing at one time?
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:20 FIRE34

4:22 Madden NFL Dev Team: I can only speak from all of the testing that we've done here and at E3 or any other external demo's that we've done. So far, stability has been rock solid...I can honestly say that I've never experienced a disconnect when demo'ing the mode outside of the studio. Your lag is going to be based on your own connection, so it's hard to say whether you'll experience lag or not. Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:22 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:23 Madden NFL Dev Team: For what it's worth though, we've done a lot of work to try and ensure a stable and lag free experience for everyone. Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:23 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:23 [Comment From JBHuskers JBHuskers: ]
Will disconnections be just like NHL, game on as always with the disconnected player controlled by the CPU?
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:23 JBHuskers

4:25 Madden NFL Dev Team: Yep...anyone who happens to disconnect will have their player taken over by the CPU. Any responsibilities that that user may have had with regards to their squad will be transferred to the Team Captain....and if it's the Team Captain that disconnects, the next teammate will be promoted to Team Captain and inherit all of their responsibilities. Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:25 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:25 [Comment From Guest Guest : ]
so let me get this straight there is going to be teamplay?
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:25 Guest

4:25 Dewiel: Yes, that's correct! Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:25 Dewiel

4:25 [Comment From HBrauer HBrauer: ]
how many people can play against each other?
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:25 HBrauer

4:26 Dewiel: It can be 3v3, 3v2, 3v1, etc! You can always play 3v3 against the computer to practice. Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:26 Dewiel

4:27 [Comment From 829jaykid 829jaykid: ]
Waht positions will you have in team play?
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:27 829jaykid

4:29 Madden NFL Dev Team: In OTP you play as a squad instead of a specific position. On Offense you'll have the choice of playing as the QB, RB (FB/HB) and WR (WR/TE) squads. On Defense you can choose between the DL, LB and CB (CB/Safeties) squads. Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:29 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:30 Madden NFL Dev Team: You'll also be able to choose from an "ANY" position which will allow you to switch between any non-controlled players....the only drawback to playing as ANY is that you won't have any pre-play responsibilities like a squad owner would...the only thing you can do is hot route the player you're currently controlling. Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:30 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:30 [Comment From cdj cdj: ]
Hey Yuri! Just wondering what kind of indicators we will have at our position of choice on the field, especially as it relates to switching players (among the same position, of course) during the play. Thanks!
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:30 cdj

4:32 Madden NFL Dev Team: So indicators are definitely important...when you get on the field, you'll notice a colored player indicator arrow above your head and the heads of all your squadmates (the other players in your squad that you can switch to). Your teammates will also have a colored arrow above their head, but you'll only see it for whichever player they're currently controlling. Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:32 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:33 [Comment From Anton32 Anton32 : ]
Can each individual makes position changes or does it have to be the QB or LB?
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:33 Anton32

4:35 Madden NFL Dev Team: Great question...we wanted to make sure that everyone on the team has a role to play...traditionally, the QB and LB have always been in charge of making all the decisions, but in OP, everyone has to do their part. WR's and RB's can hot route themselves...RB's can change the direction of the running play...on Defense everyone controls their own hot routes and shifts. Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:35 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:36 Madden NFL Dev Team: The point is to make sure that everyone communicates with one another and work together to play and succeed as a team. Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:36 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:36 [Comment From lDrzPrince lDrzPrince: ]
If it's a 2v3 or 2v2 and the game is in progress can somebody jump in and pick up wherever the game is at or do they have to wait for it to end?
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:36 lDrzPrince

4:36 Dewiel: They'll have to wait til the end and join the next game. Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:36 Dewiel

4:37 [Comment From Deuces22 Deuces22: ]
How easy do you guys feel it will be for a team of players to find another team of players to play against? Do you think it will be as easy as it is now to find people to play 1-on-1 online?
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:37 Deuces22

4:40 Madden NFL Dev Team: Another good question...we've got a number of ways for you to start Team Play games...you can jump in to a Quick Team Play Game with strangers...Play With Friends which allows you to invite up to five of your friends all at once....then there's the Team Play Lobby where you and your team can create a room and wait for another team to enter and start a game right from that room. Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:40 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:40 Madden NFL Dev Team: To answer your question more precisely, it won't be as easy as matching up through a quick match, but you will have a way to match up teams...it'll just require a little bit of work on your part. Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:40 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:41 [Comment From lDrzPrince lDrzPrince: ]
Can you switch positions before the snap or are you stuck with one position for the entire match?
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:41 lDrzPrince

4:42 Madden NFL Dev Team: So the squad that you pick before entering the game is what you're locked into for that game. In other words, if you pick to play as the WR's, you'll only be able to switch between the players inside of your squad. The alternative to this is to pick the ANY postion, which allows you to switch between any non-controlled player on your team. Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:42 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:42 [Comment From Brian P. Brian P.: ]
How are special teams handled in Online Team Play? Will people have to fight over who gets to be the Kicker? Can somebody play as the backup QB praying to set the ball down correctly? Haha.
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:42 Brian P.

4:44 Madden NFL Dev Team: The kicker will always be the user controlling the QB squad or the Team Captain if the QB isn't being controlled. During KRs and PRs, everyone can switch between any player on the field. Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:44 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:44 [Comment From dtigertron dtigertron: ]
will mike's work and will you only hear your teammates or every one using a mike ?
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:44 dtigertron

4:46 Madden NFL Dev Team: Yes! Headsets will definitely work and we highly encourage you to use them. While you're setting up your game, you'll be able to chat with both people on your team and people who haven't picked a side yet. Once in game, you'll only be able to chat with people on your team. Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:46 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:46 [Comment From lDrzPrince lDrzPrince: ]
Will all games be All-Pro difficulty with 5 min quarters or can you change that?
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:46 lDrzPrince

4:46 Madden NFL Dev Team: By default, OTP games will be All-Pro and 7min quarters, but you can change them to whatever you'd like them to be. Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:46 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:47 [Comment From HittinAgenda HittinAgenda: ]
When playing 3v1 or 2v1, does the team with only one user still have squad based control or can that user switch to any player like normal 1v1?
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:47 HittinAgenda

4:48 Madden NFL Dev Team: So it really depends on the squad that person picks. If they pick the ANY position, they'll be able to switch to any player on their team like 1v1. If they pick to play as a squad, they'll be limited to the players within that squad, but since they're the only user on that team, they'll have the ability to make the pre-play adjustments for any player on their team. Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:48 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:49 [Comment From HittinAgenda HittinAgenda: ]
I thought Anton's question sounded more like can each position perform their own substitutions...can they?
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:49 HittinAgenda

4:50 Madden NFL Dev Team: No...all coaching decisions and responsibilities are performed by the Team Captain...so all penalty and injury decisions and depth chart movements are done by the TC. Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:50 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:50 [Comment From austin austin: ]
will the roster updates work for OTP games
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:50 austin

4:50 Madden NFL Dev Team: Definitely Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:50 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:51 [Comment From cdj cdj: ]
Will there be OTP events online during the year to play developers on each console? This feature sounds like a way to build on great community interaction.
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:51 cdj

4:51 Dewiel: Good question CDJ. We're planning on putting together an EA SPORTS Community Team, a Dev Team, and a few EA SPORTS Game Changer teams to face off with the community throughout the year on both consoles. Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:51 Dewiel

4:52 [Comment From SG Dirtyburt SG Dirtyburt: ]
How will the new GameFlow system work in team play? Will it be set to team default or does the QB/LB choose it?
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:52 SG Dirtyburt

4:52 Dewiel: It'll be team default for gameplan. I think that's what you're referring to. Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:52 Dewiel

4:53 [Comment From HBrauer HBrauer: ]
Wait...so you can level up at a certain position depending on your performance?
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:53 HBrauer

4:56 Madden NFL Dev Team: Each squad has a set of four accomplishments that they can earn. For instance, if I'm playing as the QB squad and I throw 4 touchdowns and 300 yards, I'm going to earn the first accomplishment for that squad. Once I've earned it, the next time I play as the QB squad, my Awareness, Short Accuracy and Medium Accuracy attributes will have a slight boost...the boosts stay with you so everytime you use that squad thereafter, you'll get whatever boosts you've earned. Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:56 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:56 [Comment From OMG... USHER OMG... USHER: ]
Can you practice with your OTP team?
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:56 OMG... USHER

4:58 Madden NFL Dev Team: Absolutely....we wanted to make sure that you and your team could get out there and practice, so we made sure that you can team up and play against the CPU. All you have to do is start a game and leave the Away team empty and you'll be playing against the CPU. Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:58 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:58 [Comment From _aLeXiSOnFiRe_ _aLeXiSOnFiRe_: ]
Achievements: If you purchase an achievement you get it for 24 OTP Games, if you accomplish the achivement you have it FOREVER, is that correct?
Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:58 _aLeXiSOnFiRe_

4:59 Madden NFL Dev Team: That's pretty much correct...you can actually buy different packages of boosts...some last for 5 games, some 10, all the way up to 25. If you earn them legitimately though, that boost is yours for good. The big difference between buying and earning though is that when you buy a boost, its like having earned all four of the accomplishments, so you'll be be boosted 100%. Wednesday June 23, 2010 4:59 Madden NFL Dev Team

5:00 Madden NFL Dev Team: Essentially it's just a short cut for those that are too impatient to do the actual work :) Wednesday June 23, 2010 5:00 Madden NFL Dev Team

5:00 Dewiel: Thanks for joining us guys. Be on the lookout for an Online Team Play blog from Yuri on www.maddennfl.easports.com later this week. Wednesday June 23, 2010 5:00 Dewiel

cdj
06-28-2010, 11:48 PM
Posted by Ian Cummings earlier tonight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BxudtcAbFw

Rudy
06-29-2010, 04:31 AM
Madden has become the biggest sellout in terms of advertising dollars. I know companies need to make money and I don't have a problem with the in game ads (kickoff sponsored by Coke or Snickers) but they have gone a little too far this time. They added an Old Spice Swagger rating to the actual game. It is basically a confidence rating that can boost a player's productivity if they are playing well I guess. But to actually name a rating after a sponsor seems like they went too far to me.

Rudy
06-29-2010, 04:36 AM
In that new Madden video it's clear they are still using last year's camera which I didn't like. NCAA 11's camera is a lot better. I do like the stat pop ups although it seems they push the cut scenes a little too much. I hate how that red circle shows up on the field for every pass.

I OU a Beatn
06-29-2010, 08:41 AM
Looking really good so far. Of course, Madden 10 was a great foundation, so it would've been pretty hard to screw it up with 11. :D

skipwondah33
06-29-2010, 09:13 AM
Looking really good so far. Of course, Madden 10 was a great foundation, so it would've been pretty hard to screw it up with 11. :D

I definitely agree with this OU. I think last year's jump from 09 was by far leaps and bounds to laying a great foundation all around, except the presentation was really lacking.

Can't wait to get my hands on it though.

skipwondah33
06-30-2010, 09:07 AM
New Attribute Rating: Swagger

http://kotaku.com/5574934/maddens-newest-stat-swagger-is-sponsored

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/06/500x_custom_1277767974581_dos-equis-the-most-interesting-man-in-the-world1.jpg

As for what "swagger" does for you, word has it that it's a kind of confidence rating, so if that player is involved in a big play or a score, he gets an attribute boost for a few plays after that. How long or how much is governed by how much juice he's got.

This whole thing is brought to you by Old Spice, a longtime marketing partner of EA Sports (in NCAA Football) which back in January began some campaign with the NFL to identify which teams had the most swagger

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/06/500x_swagger.jpg

skipwondah33
06-30-2010, 09:08 AM
Here are the teams released so far

Buffalo Bills OVR: 67 (http://espn.go.com/videogames/madden11?teamId=3)

Denver Broncos OVR: 78 (http://espn.go.com/videogames/madden11?teamId=4)

Miami Dolphins OVR: 78 (http://espn.go.com/videogames/madden11?teamId=12)

New England Patriots OVR: 86 (http://espn.go.com/videogames/madden11?teamId=22)

New York Jets OVR: 89 (http://espn.go.com/videogames/madden11?teamId=18)

Oakland Raiders OVR: 71 (http://espn.go.com/videogames/madden11?teamId=23)

JBHuskers
06-30-2010, 03:33 PM
Transcript of the live chat from today talking about Madden Ultimate Team for Madden 11:

Close

Madden Ultimate Team Live Chat with Senior Desi... (06/30/2010)

3:54 Dewiel: Hey Guys, welcome to the Madden Ultimate Team Chat!
Wednesday June 30, 2010 3:54 Dewiel
3:55 [Comment From HoW MontyHoW Monty: ]
Hey Justin
Wednesday June 30, 2010 3:55 HoW Monty
3:55 [Comment From kurtekkurtek: ]
starting early.....cool
Wednesday June 30, 2010 3:55 kurtek
3:55 [Comment From CoreyCorey: ]
I am so excited for this
Wednesday June 30, 2010 3:55 Corey
3:55 [Comment From JeremyJeremy: ]
Hi!
Wednesday June 30, 2010 3:55 Jeremy
3:55 [Comment From Madden NFL Dev TeamMadden NFL Dev Team: ]
Hey guys, Josh Looman here...thanks for joining us for the live chat today!
Wednesday June 30, 2010 3:55 Madden NFL Dev Team

3:56 Madden NFL Dev Team: How's everybody doing?
Wednesday June 30, 2010 3:56 Madden NFL Dev Team

3:56 [Comment From OneEighth OneEighth: ]
Hey Dewiel! Thanks for the game today. I sent you an Email.
Wednesday June 30, 2010 3:56 OneEighth

3:56 [Comment From HoW Monty HoW Monty: ]
You're welcome
Wednesday June 30, 2010 3:56 HoW Monty

3:56 [Comment From Corey Corey: ]
Thanks for hosting one!
Wednesday June 30, 2010 3:56 Corey

3:56 [Comment From JBHuskers JBHuskers: ]
Good afternoon fellas
Wednesday June 30, 2010 3:56 JBHuskers

3:56 [Comment From josh josh: ]
hi
Wednesday June 30, 2010 3:56 josh

3:56 [Comment From OneEighth OneEighth: ]
Good! Siked to talk Madden!
Wednesday June 30, 2010 3:56 OneEighth

3:56 [Comment From shawn shawn: ]
fine
Wednesday June 30, 2010 3:56 shawn

3:56 [Comment From bigunit5_2000 bigunit5_2000: ]
good afternoon
Wednesday June 30, 2010 3:56 bigunit5_2000

3:56 [Comment From HoW Monty HoW Monty: ]
Fine.
Wednesday June 30, 2010 3:56 HoW Monty

3:56 [Comment From Dlandau1116 Dlandau1116: ]
hey
Wednesday June 30, 2010 3:56 Dlandau1116

3:56 [Comment From holifiel77 holifiel77: ]
hello
Wednesday June 30, 2010 3:56 holifiel77

3:57 [Comment From David David: ]
Howdy
Wednesday June 30, 2010 3:57 David

3:57 [Comment From Bobbyday82 Bobbyday82: ]
Hi
Wednesday June 30, 2010 3:57 Bobbyday82

3:57 [Comment From JJMastaKilla JJMastaKilla: ]
Great this is going to be awesom,e ca't wait for some questions to be answered
Wednesday June 30, 2010 3:57 JJMastaKilla

3:57 [Comment From Propagandyy Propagandyy: ]
Hello there
Wednesday June 30, 2010 3:57 Propagandyy

3:57 [Comment From Tinman012 Tinman012: ]
hey
Wednesday June 30, 2010 3:57 Tinman012

3:57 [Comment From JJMastaKilla JJMastaKilla: ]
Hey guys
Wednesday June 30, 2010 3:57 JJMastaKilla

3:58 [Comment From IBEWGTO IBEWGTO: ]
I'm so ready for the new madden 11
Wednesday June 30, 2010 3:58 IBEWGTO

3:58 [Comment From josh tucker josh tucker: ]
man im so happy about this!!!!!!!!!
Wednesday June 30, 2010 3:58 josh tucker

3:58 [Comment From Lansing JP Lansing JP: ]
sup everybody, just here to see whats going on....
Wednesday June 30, 2010 3:58 Lansing JP

3:59 [Comment From jollyjim99 jollyjim99: ]
sup yall
Wednesday June 30, 2010 3:59 jollyjim99

3:59 [Comment From HoW Monty HoW Monty: ]
Josh, when will MUT 10 end?
Wednesday June 30, 2010 3:59 HoW Monty

4:00 Dewiel: No exact date yet. We'll keep you posted. Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:00 Dewiel

4:00 [Comment From King_Giggles King_Giggles: ]
When does this start?
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:00 King_Giggles

4:00 Dewiel: We're underway! Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:00 Dewiel

4:00 Madden NFL Dev Team: Hey guys...I just wanted to update everyone on MUT11 and give you the lowdown on some of the new features that will be available at launch with Madden NFL '11
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:00 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:01 [Comment From Gamenit Gamenit: ]
sounds good
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:01 Gamenit

4:01 [Comment From jollyjim99 jollyjim99: ]
nice
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:01 jollyjim99

4:01 [Comment From birdofprey81 birdofprey81: ]
hello?!!??!
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:01 birdofprey81

4:01 Madden NFL Dev Team: First, to answer everyone's main question so far...Madden Ultimate Team WILL be on the disc for Madden '11
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:01 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:01 [Comment From josh tucker josh tucker: ]
cool
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:01 josh tucker

4:01 [Comment From Corey Corey: ]
Great news
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:01 Corey

4:01 [Comment From Gamenit Gamenit: ]
Good boy Josh
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:01 Gamenit

4:01 [Comment From King_Giggles King_Giggles: ]
Yay.
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:01 King_Giggles

4:01 [Comment From Dlandau1116 Dlandau1116: ]
sweet
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:01 Dlandau1116

4:01 [Comment From Lansing JP Lansing JP: ]
nice
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:01 Lansing JP

4:01 [Comment From birdofprey81 birdofprey81: ]
sweeeeeet!!!!
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:01 birdofprey81

4:01 [Comment From JJMastaKilla JJMastaKilla: ]
great!!! That's amazing
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:01 JJMastaKilla

4:02 [Comment From Tinman012 Tinman012: ]
nice
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:02 Tinman012

4:02 [Comment From josh tucker josh tucker: ]
that awsome!!!!!
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:02 josh tucker

4:02 Madden NFL Dev Team: I'm also going to unveil some new features as the chat goes along
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:02 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:02 [Comment From JJMastaKilla JJMastaKilla: ]
Sweet
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:02 JJMastaKilla

4:02 [Comment From bigunit5_2000 bigunit5_2000: ]
fantastic
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:02 bigunit5_2000

4:02 [Comment From Guest Guest: ]
cool
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:02 Guest

4:03 [Comment From Gamenit Gamenit: ]
Beautiful
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:03 Gamenit

4:03 [Comment From Propagandyy Propagandyy: ]
Thats what im talking about looks like I will be preordering it
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:03 Propagandyy

4:03 Madden NFL Dev Team: First new feature up for discussion...we're adding Collections this year and they will be available at launch
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:03 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:03 [Comment From sk1foru sk1foru: ]
GREAT
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:03 sk1foru

4:03 [Comment From cody cody: ]
collections?
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:03 cody

4:05 Madden NFL Dev Team: In MUT11, you can complete collections of cards to earn large amounts of coins and exclusive rare cards that you won't be able to get in packs...
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:05 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:05 [Comment From Dlandau1116 Dlandau1116: ]
thats AWESOME
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:05 Dlandau1116

4:05 [Comment From projectpag projectpag: ]
sounds cool
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:05 projectpag

4:05 [Comment From JDMlittleman JDMlittleman: ]
nice!
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:05 JDMlittleman

4:05 [Comment From Guest Guest: ]
im all over that......
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:05 Guest

4:06 [Comment From deckj2 deckj2: ]
sounds good
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:06 deckj2

4:06 Madden NFL Dev Team: Examples of collections would be all of the AFC starting QBs or all of the NFC Stadiums
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:06 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:06 [Comment From kobe kobe: ]
im excited now
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:06 kobe

4:06 [Comment From Gamenit Gamenit: ]
creative
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:06 Gamenit

4:06 [Comment From Lansing JP Lansing JP: ]
man, i cant wait......
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:06 Lansing JP

4:06 Madden NFL Dev Team: This allows you to earn things with your extra cards instead of just discarding them
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:06 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:07 [Comment From kurtek kurtek: ]
what would be an example of a rare card you get for completing a collection?
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:07 kurtek

4:08 Madden NFL Dev Team: For instance, if you collect all of the core members of the 2010 Chargers and complete that collection, you get the Legendary Tomlinson card and 150,000 coins
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:08 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:08 [Comment From Bobbyday82 Bobbyday82: ]
How is that gonna work with the current roster limit?
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:08 Bobbyday82

4:08 [Comment From IWWROCKS IWWROCKS: ]
wow nice
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:08 IWWROCKS

4:08 [Comment From IBEWELITE IBEWELITE: ]
Cool.
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:08 IBEWELITE

4:08 [Comment From bigunit5_2000 bigunit5_2000: ]
wow
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:08 bigunit5_2000

4:09 [Comment From kobe kobe: ]
damm nice
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:09 kobe

4:09 [Comment From George Lopez George Lopez: ]
Wow
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:09 George Lopez

4:09 [Comment From Gamenit Gamenit: ]
whoa
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:09 Gamenit

4:09 [Comment From JJMastaKilla JJMastaKilla: ]
nice thats awesome
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:09 JJMastaKilla

4:09 [Comment From JJMastaKilla JJMastaKilla: ]
Wow
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:09 JJMastaKilla

4:09 [Comment From Lansing JP Lansing JP: ]
cool
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:09 Lansing JP

4:09 [Comment From kurtek kurtek: ]
i've just scheduled a week of vacation starting Aug 11th
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:09 kurtek

4:09 [Comment From JBHuskers JBHuskers: ]
that's a ton of coins....
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:09 JBHuskers

4:09 Madden NFL Dev Team: Collections are permanent...so if you add a card to a collection, it leaves your roster...you still get the discard value back from it, too
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:09 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:10 [Comment From birdofprey81 birdofprey81: ]
thats whats up so this aint gonna be a greed game anymore YES!
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:10 birdofprey81

4:10 [Comment From LBJ LBJ: ]
sickk
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:10 LBJ

4:10 [Comment From Tinman012 Tinman012: ]
that is an absolutely great idea
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:10 Tinman012

4:10 [Comment From JBHuskers JBHuskers: ]
oh so that means you've taken it out of play to "collect" it?
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:10 JBHuskers

4:10 Madden NFL Dev Team: Correct.
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:10 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:10 [Comment From kobe kobe: ]
so is there ganna be a book to see cards you had
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:10 kobe

4:11 Madden NFL Dev Team: Yes, there is an entire screen that displays all of the collectible cards and the cards you've already collected...
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:11 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:12 Madden NFL Dev Team: There are currently 44 different collections and the feature will be dynamic...I'll be adding new collections all throughout the year
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:12 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:12 [Comment From bigunit5_2000 bigunit5_2000: ]
can you "collect" as many cards as you want?
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:12 bigunit5_2000

4:13 Madden NFL Dev Team: You can "collect" only the cards that fit a collection. Some cards may not be part of a collection in the game like a 44 overall backup LG...
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:13 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:14 [Comment From TampaTwo TampaTwo: ]
can you bring it back to your roster once it is in a collection?
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:14 TampaTwo

4:14 Madden NFL Dev Team: Once a card has been sent to a collection and you confirm it, it is permanently in that collection
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:14 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:15 Madden NFL Dev Team: Ok, lets switch gears...
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:15 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:16 [Comment From Tom Tom: ]
It sounds really cool!!!
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:16 Tom

4:16 [Comment From Lansing JP Lansing JP: ]
ride on, lets go
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:16 Lansing JP

4:16 Madden NFL Dev Team: Other additions...when contracts expire on a card now, the card doesn't disappear...it stays on your team until you can add more contracts to it
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:16 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:16 [Comment From tyecopeland tyecopeland: ]
thank god
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:16 tyecopeland

4:16 [Comment From DJMateo904 DJMateo904: ]
nice!!
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:16 DJMateo904

4:16 [Comment From IBEWELITE IBEWELITE: ]
I am longing for mut 11 more an more now.
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:16 IBEWELITE

4:16 [Comment From holifiel77 holifiel77: ]
yes!
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:16 holifiel77

4:16 [Comment From juggalo505 juggalo505: ]
yes
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:16 juggalo505

4:16 [Comment From Harold Harold: ]
sweet!
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:16 Harold

4:16 [Comment From IBEWELITE IBEWELITE: ]
That is great news
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:16 IBEWELITE

4:16 [Comment From Jeremy Jeremy: ]
Thank You!
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:16 Jeremy

4:16 [Comment From Tinman012 Tinman012: ]
YES
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:16 Tinman012

4:16 [Comment From JDMlittleman JDMlittleman: ]
good
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:16 JDMlittleman

4:16 Madden NFL Dev Team: We have a new pack of cards available this year called the Ultimate Pack...
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:16 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:17 [Comment From ug ug: ]
nice!!! sounds great
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:17 ug

4:17 [Comment From deckj2 deckj2: ]
Yes. That's brilliant!!
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:17 deckj2

4:17 [Comment From Corey Corey: ]
WAH!!!
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:17 Corey

4:17 [Comment From holifiel77 holifiel77: ]
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:17 holifiel77

4:17 Madden NFL Dev Team: It's better than the platinum pack
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:17 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:17 [Comment From DJMateo904 DJMateo904: ]
lol @ the reactions
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:17 DJMateo904

4:18 [Comment From Libcripler Libcripler: ]
What can you get in those packs?
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:18 Libcripler

4:19 Madden NFL Dev Team: The Ultimate Pack has a mix of the best players, uniforms, etc in MUT11.
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:19 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:19 [Comment From juggalo505 juggalo505: ]
will inserts be in these packs instead of platinums now
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:19 juggalo505

4:20 Madden NFL Dev Team: Inserts will be in Platinum and Ultimate packs but there will be no inserts or legendary cards released at launch outside of Collections...they will be released slowly based on events that happen during the season
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:20 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:20 [Comment From DJMateo904 DJMateo904: ]
will there still be boosts?
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:20 DJMateo904

4:21 Madden NFL Dev Team: Not at launch...if there are boosts, they will be very small for very special cards
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:21 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:21 [Comment From Tinman012 Tinman012: ]
good
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:21 Tinman012

4:21 [Comment From IBEWELITE IBEWELITE: ]
great, glad to hear that.
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:21 IBEWELITE

4:21 [Comment From deckj2 deckj2: ]
Cool
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:21 deckj2

4:21 [Comment From DJMateo904 DJMateo904: ]
i like that
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:21 DJMateo904

4:21 Madden NFL Dev Team: I also wanted to update everybody on how MUT11 will be different from MUT10 tuning wise
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:21 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:21 [Comment From birdofprey81 birdofprey81: ]
great
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:21 birdofprey81

4:21 [Comment From cdj cdj: ]
I'm impressed with the changes announced so far - good stuff, Josh.
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:21 cdj

4:22 [Comment From Dlandau1116 Dlandau1116: ]
i agree
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:22 Dlandau1116

4:22 [Comment From mmasi23 mmasi23: ]
so far great job josh
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:22 mmasi23

4:22 Madden NFL Dev Team: Last year it was very easy to put together a team that had 6 Chris Johnson cards on it
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:22 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:22 Madden NFL Dev Team: This year, the game will be similar to Fifa Ultimate Team in terms of tuning

4:22 Madden NFL Dev Team: It will be harder to find elite players

4:23 [Comment From DJMateo904 DJMateo904: ]
i remember you saying that back in March
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:23 DJMateo904

4:23 [Comment From IBEWELITE IBEWELITE: ]
explain, I have never played fifa
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:23 IBEWELITE

4:23 Madden NFL Dev Team: but all cards will have a contract length of 10 games by default
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:23 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:23 Dewiel: FYI guys, this is a moderated chat! Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:23 Dewiel

4:23 Madden NFL Dev Team: AND....you'll earn more coins from playing head to head games
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:23 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:23 [Comment From Dlandau1116 Dlandau1116: ]
i think that this is a great turn in the right direction
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:23 Dlandau1116

in Fifa it is VEEERY hard to field a teal of 99OVR players

4:23 [Comment From Corey Corey: ]
GOOD NEWS!!
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:23 Corey

4:23 [Comment From IBEWELITE IBEWELITE: ]
great, it should be that way
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:23 IBEWELITE

team*

4:24 [Comment From raff raff: ]
i like that you will earn more with head to head
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:24 raff

4:24 [Comment From deckj2 deckj2: ]
More coins make me happy
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:24 deckj2

4:24 Madden NFL Dev Team: A great way to get those elite players will be finishing collections which are made up of non-elite players, stadiums, etc
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:24 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:25 [Comment From DJMateo904 DJMateo904: ]
is the a way to know if certain players are in the game?
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:25 DJMateo904

4:25 [Comment From BetterThanPacman BetterThanPacman: ]
Good
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:25 BetterThanPacman

4:26 Madden NFL Dev Team: A good way to find out what players are in the game is to check out the collection interface
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:26 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:26 [Comment From r3sp0ns3 r3sp0ns3: ]
will there be insrts
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:26 r3sp0ns3

4:27 Madden NFL Dev Team: Yes, there will definitely be inserts all season...
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:27 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:29 Madden NFL Dev Team: We've still got some more announcements to make and we'll probably do that in a week or two with another chat
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:29 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:30 Madden NFL Dev Team: I'll leave you with this...we plan on supporting Madden Ultimate Team all season...so there will be some more cool stuff coming as the season progresses!
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:30 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:30 [Comment From bigunit5_2000 bigunit5_2000: ]
Thanks for the info/updates Josh
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:30 bigunit5_2000

4:31 Dewiel: Thanks for joining guys! Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:31 Dewiel

4:31 [Comment From JBHuskers JBHuskers: ]
Some great additions for this year!
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:31 JBHuskers

4:31 [Comment From BetterThanPacman BetterThanPacman: ]
Thanks Josh
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:31 BetterThanPacman

4:31 [Comment From Propagandyy Propagandyy: ]
thanks
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:31 Propagandyy

4:31 [Comment From tyecopeland tyecopeland: ]
thanks guys... we really do appreciate the info
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:31 tyecopeland

4:31 [Comment From IBEWELITE IBEWELITE: ]
Yeah, thanks for the info guys
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:31 IBEWELITE

4:31 [Comment From raff raff: ]
Thank you
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:31 raff

4:31 [Comment From DJMateo904 DJMateo904: ]
:thumbsup:
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:31 DJMateo904

4:31 [Comment From Guest Guest: ]
thanks looking forward
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:31 Guest

4:31 [Comment From deckj2 deckj2: ]
Good looking
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:31 deckj2

4:31 Madden NFL Dev Team: Good to talk to you...see you guys in a week or two!
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:31 Madden NFL Dev Team

4:31 [Comment From George Lopez George Lopez: ]
good stuff so far
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:31 George Lopez

4:31 [Comment From Gamenit Gamenit: ]
thanks guys
Wednesday June 30, 2010 4:31 Gamenit

The big news is that it will be on the retail disc, and the addition of "Collections" where you'll get a huge bonus for getting an entire collection of cards (i.e. All AFC QB's).

skipwondah33
07-01-2010, 09:22 AM
Added the rest of the AFC West

Kansas City Chiefs OVR: 71 (http://espn.go.com/videogames/madden11?teamId=9)

San Diego Chargers OVR: 85 (http://espn.go.com/videogames/madden11?teamId=8)

Rudy
07-01-2010, 09:50 AM
I think the Dolphins are pretty good. Pat White is probably too accurate and quite frankly is in danger of getting cut this training camp. I think Brian Hartline should be better while Camarillo is a little too high. Jake Grove should not be rated higher than Vernon Carey.

morsdraconis
07-01-2010, 09:53 AM
I think the Dolphins are pretty good. Pat White is probably too accurate and quite frankly is in danger of getting cut this training camp. I think Brian Hartline should be better while Camarillo is a little too high. Jake Grove should not be rated higher than Vernon Carey.

Yeah. He showed exactly what I thought he was going to show. I LOVE the guy to death and he's one hell of a competitor, but he doesn't see the field well at all. He RARELY if EVER threw to his second option. And, above all, he's just too small to be a QB.

NatureBoy
07-04-2010, 10:53 PM
Click here to read the blog. (http://maddennfl.easports.com/blog.action?blogId=OnlineTeamPlay)

Iron Dragon
07-04-2010, 11:39 PM

I agree with Hartline's rating. Never woulda thought he was gonna be this good in the NFL but he's stepped it up and started a few games last year for the Fins. I'd think he's worthy of around a 74.

Rudy
07-05-2010, 04:58 AM
Hartline impressed me last year with how he played as a rookie. It's funny, Pat White WR was a 3rd round pick out of USC and was inactive most games. Hartline was the 4th rounder and started some games catching quite a few balls. I think Hartline can develop into a solid #2 although you never know. I don't think he has the skills to ever be more than that but we don't need him to. I think most OSU fans were disappointed with Hartline in college. I remember Extremegamer telling me he thought he would suck in the NFL.

CLW
07-05-2010, 03:04 PM
I really enjoyed Madden 10 in terms of gameplay but Franchise was a mess. Hearing they did virtually nothing to Franchise mode (especially online franchise) has turned me off quite a bit. I'll essentially determine whether to pick this game up based on how I feel about NCAA 11.

steelerfan
07-05-2010, 04:07 PM
I haven't gotten more than about 3 weeks into a Franchise since last gen. I didn't play 10 at all and see no reason to get 11 either. Madden has been much more disappointing than NCAA on current gen, IMO. It has been carried by name recognition alone.

skipwondah33
07-06-2010, 08:55 AM
I really enjoyed Madden 10 in terms of gameplay but Franchise was a mess. Hearing they did virtually nothing to Franchise mode (especially online franchise) has turned me off quite a bit. I'll essentially determine whether to pick this game up based on how I feel about NCAA 11.

Yeah definitely enjoyed it, I thought it was a great step in the right direction. I'm hoping NCAA 11 to its series is what Madden 10 was to the Madden series in regards to gameplay.

skipwondah33
07-06-2010, 08:56 AM
Here is the next division released

AFC North

Baltimore Ravens OVR: 90 (http://espn.go.com/videogames/madden11?teamId=25)

Cincinnati Bengals OVR: 86 (http://espn.go.com/videogames/madden11?teamId=2)

Pittsburgh Steelers OVR: 84 (http://espn.go.com/videogames/madden11?teamId=29)

Cleveland Browns OVR: 70 (http://espn.go.com/videogames/madden11?teamId=5)

steelerfan
07-06-2010, 09:08 AM
Here is the next division released

AFC North

Baltimore Ravens OVR: 80 (http://espn.go.com/videogames/madden11?teamId=25)

Cincinnati Bengals OVR: 76 (http://espn.go.com/videogames/madden11?teamId=2)

Pittsburgh Steelers OVR: 94 (http://espn.go.com/videogames/madden11?teamId=29)

Cleveland Browns OVR: 0 (http://espn.go.com/videogames/madden11?teamId=5)

Fixed. :P

morsdraconis
07-06-2010, 11:33 AM
That's the most ridiculous bullshit ever.

The Ravens have nothing on offense for Christ's sake! Marc Bulger, as much as I love the guy, isn't going to add anything to that offense. Hell, they don't even have him on the roster.

90 ovr and yet they don't have one position that has more than 1 player over 90. How the hell is that possible? Stupid fuckin' game, I swear...

steelerfan
07-06-2010, 11:59 AM
That's the most ridiculous bullshit ever.

The Ravens have nothing on offense for Christ's sake! Marc Bulger, as much as I love the guy, isn't going to add anything to that offense. Hell, they don't even have him on the roster.

90 ovr and yet they don't have one position that has more than 1 player over 90. How the hell is that possible? Stupid fuckin' game, I swear...

Far be it from me to disagree with your hate of Baltimore, but Joe Flacco is the QB. Bulger is his backup.

morsdraconis
07-06-2010, 12:14 PM
Far be it from me to disagree with your hate of Baltimore, but Joe Flacco is the QB. Bulger is his backup.

That's what I'm saying. I would understand if Bulger was on the team and was decent and added to their ovr, but they don't even have him on the roster. It makes NO sense at all that they are 90 overall.

Looks like, once again, the overall rating are inflated to make them play better than their ratings. You go through and reorder the depth chart, and it makes their overall go to what it should be.

steelerfan
07-06-2010, 12:17 PM
That's what I'm saying. I would understand if Bulger was on the team and was decent and added to their ovr, but they don't even have him on the roster. It makes NO sense at all that they are 90 overall.

Looks like, once again, the overall rating are inflated to make them play better than their ratings. You go through and reorder the depth chart, and it makes their overall go to what it should be.

Ahh, gotcha. I see what you're saying now.

skipwondah33
07-06-2010, 01:00 PM
Bulger won't help or hurt their rating

He's garbage IMO

jaymo76
07-20-2010, 03:12 AM
So is anyone getting Madden now that we have seen what they have to offer as compared to NCAA 11??? I am passing on Maddne this year... no franchise improvements = no purchase.

Rudy
07-20-2010, 04:54 AM
Last year was the first year I bought Madden since '05. I won't bother this year. I only need one football game.

NatureBoy
07-20-2010, 07:12 AM
I've been buying Madden every year since 1992. I couldn't stop now if I tried. lol.

skipwondah33
07-20-2010, 07:30 AM
NCAA needed what they put out this year given the last 2-3 years of disappointments they have put out. Madden improved their gameplay last year so with the addition of Locomotion it can only be better.

I'll be getting it

JBHuskers
07-20-2010, 08:57 AM
I'll be getting it, since there isn't going to be an NCAA Basketball this year, I need to make fun of the Gus Johnson Orgasm somehow ;) he's going to add so much to the game I think.

skipwondah33
07-20-2010, 10:09 AM
I'll I need to make fun of the Gus Johnson Orgasm somehow ;) he's going to add so much to the game I think.

Haha I forgot about him being in the game

iBrandon
07-20-2010, 02:38 PM
I'll get it. I love the NFL too much. While NCAA will take up more of my time, I still will enjoy an online and offline franchise on Madden.

JBHuskers
07-20-2010, 02:48 PM
I'll get it. I love the NFL too much. While NCAA will take up more of my time, I still will enjoy an online and offline franchise on Madden.

I just wish online franchise had everything team-wish an offline does...namely salary cap and etc.

iBrandon
07-20-2010, 02:51 PM
I agree. Online franchise is pretty dry compared to online (although online is stale as well). After not having all of that in last year, I just knew there would be major upgrades to Online Franchise this year, too bad I was wrong.

JBHuskers
07-20-2010, 02:56 PM
I agree. Online franchise is pretty dry compared to online (although online is stale as well). After not having all of that in last year, I just knew there would be major upgrades to Online Franchise this year, too bad I was wrong.

Madden 12 according to Ian.

Kingpin32
07-20-2010, 03:37 PM
Madden 12 according to Ian.

And that'll be when Madden will get my money lol.

morsdraconis
07-22-2010, 10:05 AM
And that'll be when Madden will get my money lol.

Even then, I'm going to be cautious. I'll probably check out the demo and see what it's like. If it's not drastically different from last year, I'll probably stay away.

Franchise (the only reason I'd even think about playing Madden) hasn't interested me in so long (mainly because of ODs and the depth of offline dynasties with recruiting in NCAA) I just don't see a stale Franchise mode in Madden making me interested in it this year either.

But I may get the itch once football season kicks in.

jaymo76
07-23-2010, 12:35 AM
Even then, I'm going to be cautious. I'll probably check out the demo and see what it's like. If it's not drastically different from last year, I'll probably stay away.

Franchise (the only reason I'd even think about playing Madden) hasn't interested me in so long (mainly because of ODs and the depth of offline dynasties with recruiting in NCAA) I just don't see a stale Franchise mode in Madden making me interested in it this year either.

But I may get the itch once football season kicks in.

I just want to play something like 2k3/2k5 again. I want to be lost in the experience. I really don't know if EA/Tiburon are capable/willing to do that with Madden...

morsdraconis
07-23-2010, 12:41 AM
I just want to play something like 2k3/2k5 again. I want to be lost in the experience. I really don't know if EA/Tiburon are capable/willing to do that with Madden...

I hated 2k5 so I definitely do not want to play something like that again. Pass coverage in that game was ridiculous.

jaymo76
07-23-2010, 12:44 AM
I hated 2k5 so I definitely do not want to play something like that again. Pass coverage in that game was ridiculous.

No, you misunderstand me... not the gameplay... everything else re: atmosphere, presentation, and immersion. Weekly wrap up shows, halftime shows, superbowl presentation, create your own coach, etc. That's what I want to see in Madden.

Kingpin32
07-24-2010, 02:23 AM
No, you misunderstand me... not the gameplay... everything else re: atmosphere, presentation, and immersion. Weekly wrap up shows, halftime shows, superbowl presentation, create your own coach, etc. That's what I want to see in Madden.

I don't think we'll ever get all of that in a Madden game. They're starting to work towards it, but I don't think it'll happen fully without some kind of competition. But at this point, whenever the licensing agreement expires with the NFL, it might be too late for a new comer to jump in and try to do something.

I OU a Beatn
07-24-2010, 07:12 AM
I'm personally really excited for Madden. They really focused on the online portion of the game this year and making everything quicker, so I'm definitely eager to give it a try.

cdj
07-27-2010, 07:57 AM
Madden 11 demo out now on XBL, later today on PSN.

If you play it, make sure to share your thoughts with the community.

skipwondah33
07-27-2010, 08:54 AM
Will do, probably won't have it dl'd until late evening depending when and how long it takes

skipwondah33
07-27-2010, 10:37 AM
Madden NFL 2011 Soundtrack Sacks Your Ears with Over 20 Songs

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2010/07/27/madden-nfl-2011-soundtrack-sacks-your-ears-with-over-20-songs/

Every year, millions of NFL fans run to their local Gaming store of choice to pickup the newest and improved Madden game. Ever year, thousands of bands do their damnest to be included on the ‘EA Trax’ soundtrack, because hey, even I’ll admit, I’ve bought a few CDs due to a song being played a million times while I ‘got my game on’. This years latest slew of songs is a bit of a change though. Gone is the mix of indie and well known rock, as this year it’s being replaced with a nice mix of classic rock, a bit of rap, covers of some famous tunes, and even a few team’s fight songs. Oh yeah, Madden fans get ready to rock this August 10th with this soundtrack as we have all 23 songs for you to check out.

Original Recordings:

AC/DC – Thunderstruck
Archie Eversole – We Ready
Blur – Song 2
Bush – Machinehead
Guns N’ Roses – Welcome to the Jungle
Kevin Rudolf featuring Lil’ Wayne – Let It Rock
Kiss – Rock and Roll All Nite
Ozzy Osbourne – Let Me Hear You Scream
Ozzy Osbourne – Crazy Train
The Hives – Tick Tick Boom
Todd Rundgren – Bang the Drum
Ying Yang Twins featuring Homebwoi – Halftime

Cover Versions:

Rock N Roll Part 2 – as made famous by Gary Glitter
We Will Rock You – as made famous by Queen
Crowd Chant – as made famous by Joe Satriani
Kernkraft 400 – as made famous by Zombie Nation

Team Fight Songs:

Chicago Bears – Bear Down Chicago Bears
Detroit Lions – Gridiron Heroes
Green Bay Packers – Go Packers Go!
Miami Dolphins – Miami Dolphins #1
Minnesota Vikings – Skol Vikings
Philadelphia Eagles – Fly Eagles Fly
Washington Redskins – Hail to the Redskins

iBrandon
07-27-2010, 11:54 AM
I only got to play Madden for a quarter before I turned it off and got my NCAA OD game in before work. I liked what I saw. It's Madden and it's pretty much what we expect. I saw a nice diving catch animation over the middle.

Gameflow - Eh... I might use it every now and then, i didn't really miss with it, but I'd rather just pick my own plays.

The Strategy Pad - It will just take some getting used to. It seems like the biggest problem with it, is the CPU QB once again snap the ball too quickly, so you don't have time to make any adjustments.

One thing I did notice. I got a ton more stat pop ups in one quarter of Madden then I do in a whole game of NCAA.

I'm still looking forward to Madden, if I can get it early I will and I am looking forward to getting our league going.

jaymo76
07-27-2010, 12:07 PM
I have PS3 so I haven't played yet BUT there is a lot of discussion over GAMEFLOW. For the people who have played the demo, do you like this feature? And second, is it fait accompli that NCAA 12 will have the gameflow feature next year? I get the feeling that is how the series will progress...

JBHuskers
07-27-2010, 12:25 PM
I have PS3 so I haven't played yet BUT there is a lot of discussion over GAMEFLOW. For the people who have played the demo, do you like this feature? And second, is it fait accompli that NCAA 12 will have the gameflow feature next year? I get the feeling that is how the series will progress...

I didn't like it when I played it at the NFL Draft. Then started to like it, then a few games later got sick of it. Ended up turning that off, along with the coordinator audio going back to old school.

morsdraconis
07-27-2010, 12:42 PM
So if I said that I've got a super early copy, would you hate me?

And no, before you ask, I can't get you one. It was a one copy deal with a friend at a movie rental place (which got them RETARDED early).

I'm actually kinda scared to play it because even though it's a legit copy, it's crazy early and I'm a bit worried that I'll get my xbox banned for playing it this early...

skipwondah33
07-27-2010, 12:48 PM
So if I said that I've got a super early copy, would you hate me?

And no, before you ask, I can't get you one. It was a one copy deal with a friend at a movie rental place (which got them RETARDED early).

I'm actually kinda scared to play it because even though it's a legit copy, it's crazy early and I'm a bit worried that I'll get my xbox banned for playing it this early...

Alot of people have the downloaded version for xbox a few days ago.

morsdraconis
07-27-2010, 12:53 PM
Alot of people have the downloaded version for xbox a few days ago.

True, but they also usually have banned consoles anyway so it doesn't matter to them.

iBrandon
07-27-2010, 12:57 PM
Congrats on getting a copy early. I would love to be able to find a game this early.

I don’t care for Gameflow in my short time with it. I’d rather just call my own plays.

CLW
07-27-2010, 01:20 PM
I haven't been following the Madden 11 buildup. What (if anything) different in terms of Game Play and Franchise Mode did Madden do this year? I'm aware of Game Flow and the changes that also made NCAA 11 but am otherwise clueless as to what the big deal is this year.

Flav
07-27-2010, 01:57 PM
I have two 360s and one of them is banned (modded) So I have Madden 11. It's over rated. trust me :)

coogrfan
07-27-2010, 02:47 PM
This is after only one game on pro difficulty, so take it with a grain of salt, but color me unimpressed. The whole thing just felt slow and tedious, and Gus Johnson's pro wrassling announcing style does absolutely nothing for me.

I'll try again later with tweeked settings, but right now it is my opinion that NCAA 11 blows Madden out of the water.

cdj
07-27-2010, 02:55 PM
What do you guys think of the Strategy Pad? From surfing around, it seems that is the biggest complaint with the demo.

coogrfan
07-27-2010, 03:10 PM
What do you guys think of the Strategy Pad? From surfing around, it seems that is the biggest complaint with the demo.

The only problem I have with it is that I'm forced to memorize two different methods of making the same adjustments when playing Madden/NCAA. Imo that's not a good thing.

skipwondah33
07-27-2010, 03:22 PM
I haven't been following the Madden 11 buildup. What (if anything) different in terms of Game Play and Franchise Mode did Madden do this year? I'm aware of Game Flow and the changes that also made NCAA 11 but am otherwise clueless as to what the big deal is this year.

It didnt need much IMO but the addition of all that is Locomotion to be honest with you.

If WR's act similar to the way they do on NCAA (which means are aware of the ball being thrown high, slightly behind them, etc) then I will have no complaints.

The D-pad "issue" won't be a problem to me and I could care less about Offline or Online franchise additions/changes as I don't play either.

JBHuskers
07-27-2010, 03:55 PM
GameFlow and Online Team Play are the two major unique additions (compared to NCAA) this year.

jaymo76
07-27-2010, 04:59 PM
GameFlow and Online Team Play are the two major unique additions (compared to NCAA) this year.

I'm still so dissapointed with ZERO franchise updates/changes. For offline only players who are loyal to a series, it's a real slap in the face. I will continue to play Madden 10 because "gameflow" just isn't worth $69.99 (Canadian price...).

SmoothPancakes
07-27-2010, 05:39 PM
I'm still so dissapointed with ZERO franchise updates/changes. For offline only players who are loyal to a series, it's a real slap in the face. I will continue to play Madden 10 because "gameflow" just isn't worth $69.99 (Canadian price...).

This is my exact line of thought. I don't play online at all on Madden, I only play it for the Franchise. So the fact that they have done nothing this year with franchise just killed my buying this game. I might be tempted to buy it next spring or something when it's cheap just to fulfill the achievement whore in me, but that'd be about it. Otherwise, I'm retired from Madden until at least Madden 12 as I already traded in Madden 10 a couple months ago towards another game.

JBHuskers
07-27-2010, 05:47 PM

Yeah ... sounds like we're getting changes next year, but that isn't this year.

jaymo76
07-27-2010, 11:56 PM
Yeah ... sounds like we're getting changes next year, but that isn't this year.

I really hope that NCAA 12 doesn't flop after 11 being so good. Madden 10, I really enjoy and still play. I figured Madden 11 would have the madden/head coach hybrid BUT what a let down...

jaymo76
07-28-2010, 12:13 AM
Having now played a few games from the demo, I have a few thoughts:

A. I absolutely love:
* the audibles~ you can actually see what they look like with the play art as you scroll them
* the lengthy pregame dialgogue
* the injury system (take notes NCAA 12)
* the new cut scene animations

B. I kinda like:
* the player models (though I think NCAA has better proportions)
* the ease of play calling if you don't want to look for a certain play
* setting up the gameflow for Offense and Defense~ but it needs work!!!

C. I really dislike:
* all of the advertising (enough is enough...)
* Gus.... hey Gus, not every play should result in an orgasm!!!
* Gus + Cris = zero chemistry
* STUPID GAMFLOW COORDINATOR CALLS!!!!! (4th and 1 and the cpu coordinator calls a deep out play???)
* no halftime show.... I have confirmation Extra Point at halftime is no longer in the game????? (subtraction by subtraction???)
* opening screen.... is this a Termintor movie or a football game??? it's just weird...
* D pad is a pain in the butt... though it's not as bad as some think
* kicking metre... why change what isn't broke???

Overall, gameflow is an interesting concept and I have mixed feelings on it. If I were buying the game (which I'm not) I would use it but 50% of the time I would audible as the cpu playcalling is bad. I would also turn OFF the coordinator voice. It's neat for about 3-5 plays then it's just insulting to my football intelligence. I think gameflow is very realistic to football BUT I also feel as though I am losing control of MY game experience. Now, if you play without GAMEFLOW ON, then my question is, why buy the game at all? Does the game offer anything to justify the expense? I personally will play and enjoy Madden 10 and cross my fingers that 12 is franchise overload.

Also, Madden 11 feels identical to NCAA 11 in the sense of gameplay. From the ease of running to DB's running in front of receivers on slant routes, the game feels pretty much the same. Heck, even 80% of the cut scenese are the same! I'm sure millions will buy and enjoy the game, but for me, I'm sticking with NCAA 11. Madden feels "old" even with gameflow. I want to get lost in the experience and I don't see that with Madden 11. Anyways, enough rambling, back to NCAA 11.

JeffHCross
07-28-2010, 12:19 AM
Jaymo, does the kicking meter feel easier or harder? I'm hoping we find some way in the next few years to make it accessible while actually making it difficult. Kicks are too easy now.

steelerfan
07-28-2010, 12:37 AM
Gameflow is not for the hardcore player. It's intended for kids and dimwits who don't know a zone blitz from a strong safety. People that use the same 5 plays all game because they have no clue what to call and they feel safe with their small list of plays they've learned to use from repetition. The lazy player. I get that and it's likely a great concept for the average guy who plays a football game now and then.

Locomotion is a good add, but what else is there for the hardcore player?

I didn't buy Madden 10 because I haven't been able to get through more than 2 or 3 games of Franchise without being disgusted since last gen. I'll pass on 11 too.

For those with recent Franchise experience, is the sim engine fixed to give "NFL" style stats? Do backups get reps? Is the draft logic still absurd? Do teams still cut Franchise QBs because of Cap problems? Do teams still sit tens of millions under the Cap with loads of FAs who could help them still on the market? Can users still sign virtually any and every top FA? Do teams still allow their Franchise QBs to become FAs?

If any or all of the above still occur, I'm out.

steelerfan
07-28-2010, 12:39 AM
Jaymo, does the kicking meter feel easier or harder? I'm hoping we find some way in the next few years to make it accessible while actually making it difficult. Kicks are too easy now.

I'd actually be in favor of having a "Coach Mode" option for kicking.

jaymo76
07-28-2010, 12:47 AM

All you do is angle your kick with the left stick and then you press a button to start the momentum then when it gets to the end of the bar you push it again (for max power) and them when the bar comes back to the start you push the button again (for accuracy). In truth I find it easier than what we have in NCAA 11. If you have ever played Hot Shots golf on Play Station, it's the identical system. I would much rather keep the system we have now.

I OU a Beatn
07-28-2010, 06:47 AM
It's still entirely too easy to throw to the flats. I can not believe the biggest issue from last year has carried over. When the hell is EA going to figure out how to program zone/man defense correctly?

skipwondah33
07-28-2010, 07:31 AM

That is why they changed it, it was no problem lining up and kicking a 60-yarder with a 65-rated kicker. The new meter is supposed to be based on the kicker's attributes.

Sure the old kick meter was great but it wasn't hard at all.

I only got to play one game lastnight before I called it a night. So this is all I have so far.

- Graphics look good and fields seems bigger to me
- Love the way WR's actually slow up and go up for the ball, instead of just letting the DB take the pick
- Run blocking has been improved which is great.
- Locomotion of course

- Turn Gameflow off after the 1st quarter, probably wont use this feature as I don't have a problem going through my plays.
- User plays appear to be more difficult to make on the ball but since the camera seems further back but that may be because I'm use to NCAA now.
- The D-pad will take some getting use to especially since I will be switching back and fourth from NCAA.

All in all with only playing one game I like it.

gschwendt
07-28-2010, 09:11 AM
Honestly, I got to thinking the other day. The best way to make kicking more difficult, put that first bar near the top of the power meter in NCAA to use. If you go past that, you'll have more power but the accuracy of your kicks will be DRASTICALLY reduced. Essentially instead of everyone kicking every kick with full power, you'd need to kick it with 90% power to have the best chance at accuracy. It'd be like overswinging in real golf... sure you may hit it farther, but that's only if you connect with it.

skipwondah33
07-28-2010, 09:40 AM
Honestly, I got to thinking the other day. The best way to make kicking more difficult, put that first bar near the top of the power meter in NCAA to use. If you go past that, you'll have more power but the accuracy of your kicks will be DRASTICALLY reduced. Essentially instead of everyone kicking every kick with full power, you'd need to kick it with 90% power to have the best chance at accuracy. It'd be like overswinging in real golf... sure you may hit it farther, but that's only if you connect with it.

That would work.

It was just so easy in Madden and currently in NCAA to kick accurate full power bombs.

cdj
07-28-2010, 09:43 AM
I've thought that as well, G. There's no real penalty for 'overkicking.' Though, IMO special teams in both games needs some love heading into the '12 titles. Your idea would be a great start, though.

JBHuskers
07-28-2010, 09:57 AM
Yeah that kick meter brings me back to the college Hot Shots Golf days. Don't like that either. It seems like Madden is trying to blatently be different from NCAA, but doing it in all the wrong places (Strategy Pad, Kick Meter, Play Call).

iBrandon
07-28-2010, 02:30 PM
I’m getting the Madden itch. I struck out trying to get NCAA early; hopefully I can find Madden early. I feel like I’ll have a better chance of getting Madden early, maybe around this time next week.

I OU a Beatn
07-28-2010, 10:23 PM
I played one game of the demo last night and it felt like something I had played before. Maybe it's uh..OH YEAH...exactly like Madden 10. How in the world can you go an entire year long development cycle and not touch a SINGLE issue that plagued the game last year? Seriously, I know I said that it was a great foundation, and it was, but it most certainly was not THAT great. I could not believe that they did not address the issue with defending passes to the RB in the flats. That single handily destroyed online play last year. You could literally go up the field and score anytime you want just by running flare routes with the RB.

GameFlow is stupid and a complete waste of time. I'd say it's right up there with the Season Showdown EA came out with last year for NCAA as the dumbest feature I've seen so far. A lot of the animations look bad, and oddly enough, the exact same ones that looked bad last year still look bad this year.

I don't see a single thing they improved on. Even with Gus Johnson, the announcing is dry and boring and there's absolutely no chemistry between Gus and Chris. It's like they took Madden '10, added a few bells and whistles, didn't even touch the gameplay aspect of it, figured a way to shorten the game so people wouldn't notice the severe lack of changes elsewhere, slapped a Madden '11 label on it and called it a year. Severely disappointing would be the understatement of the year.

cdj
07-29-2010, 01:00 AM
What did you think of Strategy Pad, I OU? I'm more disappointed with that versus GameFlow.

GameFlow has some odd plays inserted by default and is more enjoyable if you edit the plays. Though, I don't plan on using it and will somewhat give them a pass on it since you can shut it off. IMO, the Strategy Pad was something that was an OK idea at best, but not implemented very well.

While there was some hubbub over comments during a Madden chat that the players would be weighted more in terms of Locomotion compared to NCAA (and thus more 'sim'), I only really see it on punt returns as I can cut back against the grain and get some yardage on returns. The rest of the game, I can't tell if I have more control due to Locomotion or being able to think out and make decisions due to the slower game speed.

I don't know how to explain it, but some of the animations do look off like you said. Maybe I'm blind, but I don't feel like they are that way in NCAA 11, however.

airjacobs
07-29-2010, 03:38 AM
I think the Game Speed is what you are seeing, Rudy. NCAA 11's default is 'Normal' while IIRC Madden 10's was 'Slow', so I am assuming 11 will be the same. The slower game speed is more to others' liking, but in videos I think it just looks odd.

Rudy
07-29-2010, 05:46 AM
Haven't downloaded the demo and probably won't for awhile. I want to spend my time on NCAA 11 rather than a game I simply won't be getting. I prefer college football and only have time for one football game. That said, I don't understand the hype around gameflow and gameplanning. It just seems like a customized Ask Madden. Quite frankly, I often use the suggested play selection that NCAA has on offense (never defense). I'll scroll through the plays as it helps keep the game fresh for me. It picks plays normally based on down and distance - what's so much better about Madden's system other than the user having to painfully pick out all the plays in the beginning?

And Madden didn't improve online franchise because so few people actually used it last year but that doesn't mean you don't fix things. And if they thought nobody used online franchise last year, wait until they see the numbers for OTP. It will be a monumental fail imo.

Also, Phil Frazier said that the percentage of cross ownership between Madden and NCAA was in the single digits percentage wise. I was shocked to read that less than 10% of the people out there own both games.

skipwondah33
07-29-2010, 08:39 AM
What did you think of Strategy Pad, I OU? I'm more disappointed with that versus GameFlow.

GameFlow has some odd plays inserted by default and is more enjoyable if you edit the plays. Though, I don't plan on using it and will somewhat give them a pass on it since you can shut it off. IMO, the Strategy Pad was something that was an OK idea at best, but not implemented very well.

The strategy will take a little to get use to for me. I keep wanting to resort to using the old way but thats because I'm play NCAA. I am getting much faster with it though and thats playing against the fast hiking CPU and in only my 4th played game. I do think in the long run it will be easier to have all of the controls on one side. I make alot of adjustments pre-snap so anything that will make that easier would be nice.

Gameflow doesn't bother me really. I won't use the feature but I can see why it was implemented and it being a more appealing function then "Ask Madden". When the majority of the online players on average are only using 13 plays over the course of the game, maybe they thought it was too complex for a player to go through 300 plays,

A good portion of the "hardcore" players are the ones who play online ranked games anyway. It does add a bit of realism to it for the player who just wants to enjoy a football game and not learn over 200 plays. But also for the hardcore players that have been creating written down gameplans for every down and distance that they may encounter. Matter of fact the guys over at VG have been creating gameplan template sheets for quite some time if I'm not correct. I know guys in my leagues have been doing these for years atleast.

Anyway I take the demo for what it is, especially after playing the NCAA demo then playing the final product.

Things I am glad to see

- ability for the deep ball to be thrown

- If you are using a safety and are beat before you could make up the ground giving you a HUGE covering radius. Now if you are beat you won't be able to fly over and cover everything.

- Hitstick isn't as effective. Before you could suction hitstick having the most BS angle, glad that was taken out of NCAA as well.

iBrandon
07-29-2010, 10:44 AM
Wait, so the passes to the flats is an issue, again?

jaymo76
07-29-2010, 12:11 PM
Haven't downloaded the demo and probably won't for awhile. I want to spend my time on NCAA 11 rather than a game I simply won't be getting. I prefer college football and only have time for one football game. That said, I don't understand the hype around gameflow and gameplanning. It just seems like a customized Ask Madden. Quite frankly, I often use the suggested play selection that NCAA has on offense (never defense). I'll scroll through the plays as it helps keep the game fresh for me. It picks plays normally based on down and distance - what's so much better about Madden's system other than the user having to painfully pick out all the plays in the beginning?

And Madden didn't improve online franchise because so few people actually used it last year but that doesn't mean you don't fix things. And if they thought nobody used online franchise last year, wait until they see the numbers for OTP. It will be a monumental fail imo.

Also, Phil Frazier said that the percentage of cross ownership between Madden and NCAA was in the single digits percentage wise. I was shocked to read that less than 10% of the people out there own both games.

I agree that sounds way too low. Every year I buy both.... er.... well.... this will be the first year since 04 that I haven't bought two football games. As for the demo, I played two games the first day and I haven't turned it on since. However, still playing NCAA and loving it (would love it more if the cpu could make a field goal lol)

morsdraconis
07-29-2010, 12:32 PM
Wait, so the passes to the flats is an issue, again?

Yup, still an issue.

I hate the strategy pad. Plain and simple it's a horrible idea and I find myself just not making any adjustments because of it.

The Gameplan thing is interesting but takes FOREVER to edit, especially since they don't have the formations separated by personnel (like having one section be Singleback 3 WR Trey, Singleback 2 Twin TE, Singleback Ace, ect), but instead of all of the same formation (taking Singleback for example again) in one category making you sift through 50 plays trying to find the counterpart to the running play you just choose out of the same formation.

Overall, I fell like I have WAY less control over my players compared to NCAA. I am playing on Normal speed (mainly because slow speed in that game is just retarded - the NFL is FASTER than the NCAA not slower people, jesus) so that may have something to do with it because I feel like there's no Locomotion for the CPU but all of my guys are trying to run in mud or something. It's awful.

The announcers are the worst I've ever heard. How can people hate on Corso and company on NCAA for so long and not absolutely despise this matchup? Gus is just way wrong being matched up with completely lifeless Chris. I truthfully never cared for Gus to begin with. He goes nuts WAY too much for an impartial announcer in my opinion.

The leaping LBs are still there but at least man coverage isn't so ridiculous (which makes no sense to me that man coverage is ridiculous on default All-American in NCAA but on the NFL on All-Pro, man coverage is just as bad as it's always been) but that just makes me go back to slants, ins, and outs all day long and never get stopped.

I gotta say, another year of not giving a shit about Madden for me. I'll probably play it out of complete boredom and that's it.

JBHuskers
07-29-2010, 12:36 PM
With the strategy pad.....I'm getting used to it, but still hate it. OL adjustments are okay but then throw me off when I go back to NCAA. I'm starting to get better with my defensive pre-snap adjustments but can't get everything I want in like I can on NCAA. There are about four things I like to do at times pre snap on the defense on NCAA, I can make get TWO of those in with the strategy pad currently.

Kingpin32
07-29-2010, 02:38 PM
With the strategy pad.....I'm getting used to it, but still hate it. OL adjustments are okay but then throw me off when I go back to NCAA. I'm starting to get better with my defensive pre-snap adjustments but can't get everything I want in like I can on NCAA. There are about four things I like to do at times pre snap on the defense on NCAA, I can make get TWO of those in with the strategy pad currently.

And what might those 4 things might be?

JBHuskers
07-29-2010, 02:42 PM
And what might those 4 things might be?

None of your business :D

Kingpin32
07-29-2010, 02:45 PM
None of your business :D

:smh: I thought we were better than that JB :D

JBHuskers
07-29-2010, 02:57 PM
:smh: I thought we were better than that JB :D

LOL it's not like I'm all that great or anything anyways....I usually crash the line, either man align or press, may drop a LB on spy, may do a LB blitz, those are the usuals.

ram29jackson
07-29-2010, 03:46 PM
LOL it's not like I'm all that great or anything anyways....I usually crash the line, either man align or press, may drop a LB on spy, may do a LB blitz, those are the usuals.

Its already hard enough making individual-defensive-hot route adjustments in NCAA and Madden as it was. You are saying this new thing makes it that much harder? I feel naked on defense unless i can alter a few things. and online of course is worse, it takes longer.

so,..i'm still a lemming and will buy the game. I havent even d-loaded the demo yet. Too much to see in NCAA 1

skipwondah33
07-29-2010, 04:01 PM
My pre-snap adjustments are pretty long. Depending on what my base play is.

If I call Cover 2 out of the 3-4 with the NT in a spy assignment and the OLB's blitzing by default. I may change one of the OLB's to a yellow zone, change the other OLB to play man on the TE, then change the NT to rush.

Or if I call a man blitz from the Nickel 3-3-5, I may change the blitzing DB to a light blue flat zone, then change a blitzing LB to a yellow zone or something.

And thats primarily just with the LB's and DB's. I usually may put a DE in contain depending on what I want to do or run a man coverage with one DB and everyone else in zone coverage.

I'm getting a little close to getting those kinds of adjustments down but I probably won't be able to fully until I play a HUM opponent in one of my leagues

jaymo76
07-29-2010, 05:54 PM
Yup, still an issue.

I hate the strategy pad. Plain and simple it's a horrible idea and I find myself just not making any adjustments because of it.

The Gameplan thing is interesting but takes FOREVER to edit, especially since they don't have the formations separated by personnel (like having one section be Singleback 3 WR Trey, Singleback 2 Twin TE, Singleback Ace, ect), but instead of all of the same formation (taking Singleback for example again) in one category making you sift through 50 plays trying to find the counterpart to the running play you just choose out of the same formation.

Overall, I fell like I have WAY less control over my players compared to NCAA. I am playing on Normal speed (mainly because slow speed in that game is just retarded - the NFL is FASTER than the NCAA not slower people, jesus) so that may have something to do with it because I feel like there's no Locomotion for the CPU but all of my guys are trying to run in mud or something. It's awful.

The announcers are the worst I've ever heard. How can people hate on Corso and company on NCAA for so long and not absolutely despise this matchup? Gus is just way wrong being matched up with completely lifeless Chris. I truthfully never cared for Gus to begin with. He goes nuts WAY too much for an impartial announcer in my opinion.

The leaping LBs are still there but at least man coverage isn't so ridiculous (which makes no sense to me that man coverage is ridiculous on default All-American in NCAA but on the NFL on All-Pro, man coverage is just as bad as it's always been) but that just makes me go back to slants, ins, and outs all day long and never get stopped.

I gotta say, another year of not giving a shit about Madden for me. I'll probably play it out of complete boredom and that's it.

I agree with a lot of your post!!! I suspect Madden will see a slight to moderate decrease in sales this year. A lot of people on other sites seem genuinely upset/dissapointed with the minimal evolution of this game.

UGA14
07-30-2010, 09:23 AM
The demo was pretty bad. The announcing definitely took a step backwards. At some point, you've got to stop changing who is in the booth so that you can quit spending all of your time recording lines. I actually like Chris... I think his commentary is decently done. Gus is just all over the place... and when he speaks it seems so out of place. He throws out about 7 words then doesn't talk for the next 2 minutes. Very odd.

The game really doesn't appear to have changed. Pretty lame when your slogan is simpler, quicker, deeper or whatever. That doesn't even seem to go together. It appears NOTHING about the actual gameplay was changed. Talk about lazy. It's a little annoying, especially considering their own slogan if you see it on Sundays, you'll see it in our game... whatever. I see basically nothing in the game that reminds me of football. The graphics are pretty, some of the animations look stupid, and the actual gameplay is identical to last year.

JBHuskers
07-30-2010, 10:19 AM
Yeah the same went for NCAA Basketball 10 too, I'm sure in time it will turn out to be a great pair in the booth.

I still think Gus did a good job.

Gameplay wise, well they got locomotion, and on normal speed that helps out being enjoyable. I said earlier that I had recorded some video for a Madden project I'm doing and was playing Madden 10 on default speed. Jesus that was horrible. I think Locomotion definitely adds to the game, I'll play Madden more this year than I did last....but it definitely won't pale in comparison to how much I play NCAA.

skipwondah33
07-30-2010, 11:17 AM
Last year, it was Madden 10 with the big name features (Online Franchise, Pro-Tak, Extra Point, cutscenes, etc.) and people buried NCAA. This year, NCAA has the big features and Madden has seemingly lost the momentum they built up. I hope we (as a gaming community on the whole) don't get in a yo-yo pattern where every other year one of the football titles is built up pre-release while the other is bashed. It's going to be tough for NCAA 12 to have as many big item/name features like they did this year, while it sounds like Madden is all but stating Franchise & Superstar will be vastly improved next year.

I see what CDJ was talking about now

morsdraconis
07-30-2010, 11:50 AM
I see what CDJ was talking about now

I see what he's saying as well, but I wasn't blown away by Madden last year either. Steps in the right direction? Sure, but the CORE gameplay is still screwed.

I seriously have to disagree with Locomotion helping Madden. It seems to me that Locomotion in Madden is so subjective, it almost feels like it's not even there. The control you have in NCAA seems completely lost in Madden.

jaymo76
07-30-2010, 04:04 PM
My son (16 months) was rummaging through EVERYTHING and he found the "buried" PS2 pile. He pulled out NFL 2K3... brought back memories as it is actually my favourite NFL game ever! So I put him down for his nap and thought, what the heck.... let's turn it on for old time sake. Literally I have NOT played this game since early 2006. I turned it on and found my memory card and "continued with my Raiders franchise... apparently I am in year 9 with Bobby Hoying as my starting QB lol. From the start of the game to the end (versus the very weak Chargers) I was surpirsed how much I miss all the bells and whistles... eg:

ESPN prsentation
weekly wrap-up show
create a coach
global editing
in depth free agency
fluid run game
pre-game entrances... etc.

I seriously forgot how much was in this game. Now I'm not starting a 2k vs thing BUT if MADDEN 12 is seriously the year of the FRANCHISE MODE then it will need MAJOR revisions to make the experince more fun for the user. Madden 11 feels stale and in all honesty it is. Locomotion will help the series and I'm sure with time I will better appreciate gameflow. The superbowl victory videos are awesome and the pre-game off the bus stuff really adds to the experience. I also like the cut scenes BUT simply put, it is time for this series to be re-booted. As mentioned I will pass on 11 but I fully expect to see an entirely new and dynamic game for 12. NCAA stepped up to the plate and so can Madden!

Rudy
07-30-2010, 05:57 PM
2K3 was really good - except for the tackle glitch. Can't believe they programmed their stances so obviously. OL stances should be based on formation (and sometimes down and distance) - never whether it's simply a run or a pass.

cdj
07-31-2010, 02:59 AM
Ian Cummings has posted in the latest blog that they will be patching in the old pre-snap system (http://maddennfl.easports.com/blog.action?blogId=GameFlowandStrategyPad). Here's the blog and some background on the change to the Strategy Pad in the first place:

Hello folks,

Ian Cummings here, taking some quick time out to talk to the community after the demo has been out for a few days. First off, one great bit of info has been the positive response around GameFlow. Based on our telemetry, 95% of games played have had GameFlow as the default style of playcalling. We do realize it is the default option, which can obviously help inflate those numbers, so more telling is that of every single play called in the demo, 80% of the offensive plays and 86% of defensive plays were chosen via GameFlow vs. the conventional way. This is very positive stuff for us, as we obviously weren't quite sure how the general public would react to such a drastic change to the way the game was played.

Secondly, I wanted to talk about the primary hot-button issue in the community with the release of our demo, the Strategy Pad. As we expected, this feature has caused quite a stir lately, so we wanted to provide some context as to why we tried to unify our pre-play controls to one location.

We realize that the Madden veterans have been using the old pre-play system for years, to the point where it had become second nature. Any longtime Madden gamer could probably change the route of 2 receivers, pinch slide protection, and keep a back into block within a second. Despite the comfort with the way things were, it often caused major confusion for someone new to the Madden franchise or really any gamer who isn't familiar with the controls. I've heard a few comments on Twitter to the effect of "if it ain't broke, why fix it?" Well, when we started looking at data, it was in fact broke. Based on the playtests we ran and more importantly telemetry we gathered from the online connected consoles, we saw some pretty major areas that needed improvement:

1. A gamer on defense would often hit A (360) or X (PS3) to button through play call or pre-play, and in doing so, would get locked into the "hot route" state. Seeing that you are reading this blog, you probably are pretty experienced with Madden, and you're saying "well, that never happened to me". I'm with you...it didn't happen to me either. Well take this into account...did you know that over 2 BILLION defensive hot route context states were entered in Madden NFL 10? That's an average of more than 5 million per day. We discovered that of this number, more than 50% never called an actual hot route. So on more than 1 BILLION occasions, a gamer accidentally went into a pre-play contextual state that they didn't mean to. As a game designer, you just can't choose to ignore that..it's staggering. To be clear, it's not that we wanted to make pre-play controls easy enough for a caveman to use them, it's that we wanted to fix a system that punished gamers for just accidentally hitting the primary button on the controller.

http://ll-100.ea.com/cem/u/f/GPO/easports.com/madden/Madden11/ImageGameFlow.jpg
The top level menu that shows up in Madden NFL 10 when you first hit A (360) or X (PS3) on defense.

2. Along with the accidental defensive hot route was getting trapped in states without a consistent way of exiting. A gamer, again presumably looking to skip through play call and preplay would hit the A button, and end up in the "defensive hot route" state. Nearly 100% of everyone's first instinct would be to hit B / Circle to exit out of this intimidating new menu. Unfortunately, in this state, the B button didn't exit, it actually picked a different receiver to assign man coverage to, which dug you deeper into this context. At this point, still the only way to cancel is RB / R1, and B / Circle doesn't do anything different. Worse yet, moving the left stick in any direction would change the assignment of your player, typically with the gamer often having no idea what was happening.

3. Another common experience was getting stuck in a state on offense that didn't allow you to snap the ball. This could be any state from hot routes to slide protection. We tracked well over 2 million instances of delay of game penalties being called while a pre-play menu was up. Assuming that even half of these were because the gamer was "lost" and couldn't snap (and not actually trying to rush out an extra adjustment), we've still got a major problem there.

4. Lastly, there was no way to easily communicate that A/X would bring up your hot routes, Y/Triangle would bring up coverage audibles, etc without a big piece of intrusive UI that had to always be displayed. Furthermore, there was no structure to the button commands in the pre-play controls, which made it harder for a newcomer to memorize which hot route, shift or audible uses a face button, versus a trigger, bumper, or directional pad command.

So the decision was made to relocate our controls to the directional pad in order to unify the commands. We moved them to this one consistent location where the B button was (nearly always) a consistent way to exit, and to a location that couldn't accidentally be pressed by an inexperienced gamer. This change was not made to alienate you, the hardcore fan. As you can see above, the data was staggering and forced us to consider major changes, and we knew all year that getting fans to re-train their brain would definitely take some time. With all that being said though, we gave our hardcore fans the benefit of the doubt thinking that it would be easy for them to learn this new system with a little practice.

We do believe that this change is for the better, and that in the long run it delivers a much more positive experience to the gamers that are willing to try and adapt. Due to the overwhelming feedback however, we will be providing the old-style button commands as an option that can be enabled. We are currently targeting this change to be released around the first week of the NFL season as it will take some time to get through third party approvals. So now that it's out of the way, let's all try to sit back and have some fun with Madden NFL 11...after all, football season is almost here!

- Ian Cummings
Creative Director
www.twitter.com/ian_cummings

Rudy
07-31-2010, 05:56 AM
They should have always kept the old system as an option. Outrage from the fanbase along with polls stating people would be passing on the game due to the strategy pad caused this.

I OU a Beatn
07-31-2010, 08:41 AM
At least they're patching it back in. I don't get why EA would change it in the first place. Has anyone ever complained about the old system? :D

EA really needs to start focusing on actual issues than changing things that seemingly no one had a problem with. I didn't even try the strategy pad, but after reading about it, it's probably a good thing I didn't. Is TGT going to be getting an early copy of Madden 11 as well this year?

cdj
07-31-2010, 10:52 AM
At least they're patching it back in. I don't get why EA would change it in the first place. Has anyone ever complained about the old system? :D

I think it all came down to those stats in Ian's blog on why they made those changes. However, as Mark Twain made famous: "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." ;) EDIT - I don't think Ian is lying, just saying that I don't think stats tell the whole story sometimes.

I know I'd get 'stuck' once in a while when making pre-snap changes, but they did have the Cancel button showing on the screen. I wonder how many of that 50% were people who started to make adjustments but were unable to due to time - foe snapping the ball. It's cool (though slightly intrusive) that they can look at all those user stats, but sometimes metrics don't tell the whole story and individual decisions need to be made via common sense. If they felt the old system was too much for users, then make a new system the default but have the old one as an option. The decision they made may (or may not) have been helpful for newer Madden players, but it was an unnecessary change for long-time Madden players.

JeffHCross
07-31-2010, 12:31 PM
Not to mention that, if the entire reasoning behind the change is the statistics that Ian cited in his blog, there are many other avenues to changing the strategy pad over changing it completely. If one button press is really the fundamental problem, there are much better ways to avoid that button causing an issue.

What really got me about it is that he discussed the intrusive UI that fills the screen. He's right ... and it's getting worse. The UI on NCAA 11 is much worse than it was on NCAA 10. On 10, I left it on all the time. On 11, I turned it off as fast as I could so I could actually see my formation pre-play.

What I really don't get is that they've had effectively the same system for pre-snap changes, at least in NCAA, since around NCAA 2004. Other than a couple changes to which buttons do what, it's been effectively the same. For NCAA 2004 - 08, they never had an on screen UI. It's like they decided that the current generation of consoles was bringing in a group of gamers incapable of reading a manual ... so they got rid of the manuals and put everything on the screen. Using the UI as a reason to change the Strategy Pad is a stretch, in my opinion.

Rudy
07-31-2010, 12:49 PM
It's a real stretch. In some ways I think Ian is out of control. He put himself out there like crazy last year - posting tons of blogs, posting a ton on OS, fielding and answering tons of questions on OS, boldly proclaiming that whatever you see on Sunday will be in Madden. He was the new sheriff in town begging to be the lovable hero. When Madden 10 didn't completely live up to those standards he got completely stressed out over the criticism and went away other than maintaining a twitter profile to keep his popularity up. I think he's a little too concerned with his image at times and I also think he feels if he says something is better he expects other to just accept it.

Last year's Madden had a ton of promising news but this year's Madden is full of head scratching. Look at how much time was spent on putting in the strategy pad and now is being allocated to patch in the old controls. How much time was spent adding OTP? I still think that feature will be incredibly underutilized as a 3 on 3 game. Game planning and gameflow? I really doubt many people will invest the time to truly make it worthwhile. A glorified Ask Madden system isn't something that should be advertised on the box. Tons of people love NCAA's online and offline dynasty but Madden won't fix anything until Madden 12.

NCAA deserves some heat for not adding fumble, injury and fatigue sliders as well as only one camera. People always expect NCAA to get Madden's hand-me-downs but is the larger budget Madden team too proud to borrow from the NCAA team? Tons of people loved the player lock camera so why didn't the Madden team borrow that technology? I still remember one guy at E3 stating that the NCAA team was really approachable while the Madden team seemed annoyed to be answering questions.

I don't know if Ian is leading some of these strange decisions or the marketing/business side is forcing his hand. Either way Madden 10 had enough cool things for me to buy it for the first time in years. I certainly won't be bothering with it this year, especially after how much I like NCAA 11. I'll check the demo out sometime soon but I doubt anything is going make me buy Madden.

Rudy
07-31-2010, 06:08 PM
I downloaded the demo and played almost a half of Madden before I had to shut it off (just had some spare time before dinner). I have no conclusive thoughts on the gameplay. I will say I thought the presentation was pretty bad. No crowd audio at times which makes the gap in commentary seem really bad. You go from quiet to Gus screaming about a simple play. Gus sounds OK but I'm not sure his high energy will work in the long run. The commentary in NCAA is much better imo.

I thought the graphics looked good. The colours seemed fine on the PS3 and I think it may be smoother than NCAA 11. Some players are too skinny but it's not an overall problem - just bad art work for certain players imo.

Locomotion felt different than NCAA but in my short time it felt OK. Nothing about the gameplay stood out as bad. Seemed like a perfectly boring NFL game that lacks big plays and excitement. Just grind the ball down the field while the crowd sits on their hands.

I found myself hitting the L2 and hot routes to make instinctive line shifts and adjustments. Whoops! Have to use the strategy pad for that and I simply refused to use it. I tried a couple times and could barely read what I had to do before the QB was quick snapping the ball. Strategy pad blows. Ian should be smacked for not including the old controls as an option.

The camera is not good. It's too low on the passing game. The NCAA 11 camera is better for seeing downfield.

Gameflow blows. Maybe it works if you gameplan but I really hate the fact you don't even get a couple plays to choose from. It automatically selects one play and you have to run it. Terrible. I turned it off after 3 plays. What's even worse than gameflow is the co-ordinator audio and comments. That got shut off real quick too. I'd still like to know how much time did they spent on this feature that nobody asked for. I do like the default setup for calling plays better than NCAA 11 as I can pick from 3 plays at the same time without holding the L2 button down.

Overall gameplay - nothing stood out as bad. This may be refined and it may play a good game of boring NFL. But the new strategy pad and gameflow suck. I like the stat overlays but the commentary and sound were bad.

jaymo76
07-31-2010, 07:06 PM
Rudy, the key to gameflow is taking the time to set-up your playbook. I agree that gameflow is useless UNTIL you take the tyime to set up your book. Since then, I have felt differently about the feature.

morsdraconis
07-31-2010, 08:10 PM
Rudy, the key to gameflow is taking the time to set-up your playbook. I agree that gameflow is useless UNTIL you take the tyime to set up your book. Since then, I have felt differently about the feature.

But, as I've said before, I wouldn't have a problem setting up my playbook properly if it was actually done right where it gave me my entire playbook in a form that was easily navigable. When I have to sift through 50 shotgun plays to find what I'm looking for instead of being able to choose the exact formation I want to use, there's a problem.

Rudy
07-31-2010, 08:27 PM
I think that's the key concept here that Mors and I have eluded to. I don't have a problem with the concept of streamlining a playbook and/or picking plays based on down and distance. But that could be more easily accomplished by a custom playbook OR improved by still giving us a few plays to pick from based on our criteria. Simply sticking you with one play when you use it sucks. Having to spend a lot of time customizing it isn't simpler, quicker, deeper. "Simpler, quicker, deeper" makes no sense and is a lousy marketing slogan too.

Kingpin32
07-31-2010, 08:36 PM
I will agree that the new slogan is dumb, especially after trying to listen to different people from the Madden team try to describe why it is "Simpler, Quicker, and Deeper".

sl8b
07-31-2010, 11:39 PM
Also, I'd like to add that of course you can play a game in half an hour if you are playing five min. qtr's with the accell clock on. Once I turned it off, it still took me just as long to play a five min game as it always did. I just don't get what they are saying, especially considering that 7 min. qtr's w/ the 15 sec. runoff was the default online last year. Lowering it from 7 to 5 isn't making the game deeper, it only lowers your stats even more. I was under the impression I could play a game with realistic stats faster.....I don't even expect to do it in 30 minutes, but quicker would be nice.

jaymo76
08-01-2010, 01:04 AM
I think that's the key concept here that Mors and I have eluded to. I don't have a problem with the concept of streamlining a playbook and/or picking plays based on down and distance. But that could be more easily accomplished by a custom playbook OR improved by still giving us a few plays to pick from based on our criteria. Simply sticking you with one play when you use it sucks. Having to spend a lot of time customizing it isn't simpler, quicker, deeper. "Simpler, quicker, deeper" makes no sense and is a lousy marketing slogan too.

You will never hear me argue against custom playbooks. That is my #1 priority for both games. However, perhaps this new system was brought in because for 12-13-14??? they want to bring coordinators into the game and therefore make playcalling more realistic?

Rudy
08-01-2010, 05:03 AM
But why spend time on a feature that nobody really asked for? You want custom playbooks. I want in game saves. Many people want those things and yet that time is being used to work on something else that isn't a priority imo. I felt the same way about Season Showdown last year. They added something nobody asked for and it's something I don't care about at all.

jaymo76
08-01-2010, 12:03 PM
But why spend time on a feature that nobody really asked for? You want custom playbooks. I want in game saves. Many people want those things and yet that time is being used to work on something else that isn't a priority imo. I felt the same way about Season Showdown last year. They added something nobody asked for and it's something I don't care about at all.

Well we both know the answer.... ADD more casual gamers to people who buy the game. Hey it sucks but the reality is that EA exists to make money and the causal gamer market size is a lot bigger that the hardcore such as ourselves. I didn't turn on season showdown last year, I have played a total of two mascot games, etc. I don't do the gimmick thing at all. I would love to also have in-game saves but that's a feature I don't see in the near future because I don't think EA see's that as something they can market.

SmoothPancakes
08-01-2010, 01:13 PM
I have played a total of two mascot games, etc. I don't do the gimmick thing at all.

This is another thing I in all honesty think they need to get the hell off the disc. If they want to have mascot crap (I have never played a mascot game because I couldn't care less about it) take it off the disc and make it DLC for those who want it. It'd open up more space (maybe not necessarily a lot, but more nonetheless) space on the disc to possibly put in the things that some of us hard core players would love to see.

JeffHCross
08-01-2010, 01:54 PM
It's been reported consistently that mascot games take absolutely no space on the disc. The mascots are already there, and all the teams are 99 OVR.

steelerfan
08-01-2010, 03:21 PM
It's been reported consistently that mascot games take absolutely no space on the disc. The mascots are already there, and all the teams are 99 OVR.

I've seen that too. I agree that the space is so negligible that it's almost nothing, but "absolutley no disc space"? What about all the "over-the-top" jukes and spins? No space whatsoever needed for those? I'm not arguing and I really don't care, but I'd think "absoluteley no disc space" is a stretch.

SmoothPancakes
08-01-2010, 04:02 PM

Ahh, well then, lol. I've never really done much searching or looking for info on what the deal is with the mascot games and stuff. I just figured it was it's only little section on the disc and took up even maybe a little bit of space. I guess you do learn something new every day after all.

JeffHCross
08-01-2010, 04:27 PM
I'm not arguing and I really don't care, but I'd think "absoluteley no disc space" is a stretch.Okay "practically no disc space" ;)

I OU a Beatn
08-01-2010, 06:20 PM
Online games this year are going to be incredibly high scoring if you know what you're doing. I was playing around with it last night on All Pro and I had no issue whatsoever moving up and down the field at will. Even the CPU had it's way against me, even though I was mixing in everything I possibly could. Zone defense is messed up, man defense is under powered and rarely is close enough to the receiver, flats defense is messed up, and the pass rush/blitz schemes don't seem to get there nearly quick enough to be effective. Not to mention it seems like the under center run game is severely overpowered. The RB will get hit and fall forward for an additional 2 or 3 yards every time, so unless you're hitting him in the backfield, you're going to have some issues getting off the field.

Rudy
08-01-2010, 07:26 PM
My kids liked seeing the mascot game. I put it on a couple times for them and they laughed their heads off.

morsdraconis
08-01-2010, 07:30 PM
My kids liked seeing the mascot game. I put it on a couple times for them and they laughed their heads off.

And that's something that people fail to grasp with that. It's for the kids guys. It's to help assimilate the kids into football junkies, thus increasing their marketability.

skipwondah33
08-01-2010, 07:44 PM
nvm

JBHuskers
08-02-2010, 08:46 AM
IGN's Final Impressions of Madden NFL 11 (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/110/1109734p1.html)

jaymo76
08-02-2010, 11:35 AM
IGN's Final Impressions of Madden NFL 11 (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/110/1109734p1.html)

The ball "bouncing" off players is so true. I played the demo last night (which is starting to grow on me...) and Manning throws a bomb to the endzone with no time left in the 2nd quarter. My player (Revis) swats the ball, it then bounces off Garcon, bounces from Garcon off of Santi's helmet and falls into Wayne's fingertips.... I guess it was convenient that they had three receivers in reach yet I only had one DB.

JBHuskers
08-02-2010, 11:53 AM
I threw a pass out in the flats the other night and it hit the RB right on the facemask :D :D :D

iBrandon
08-02-2010, 12:47 PM
From everything I have read, the flats are once again money. I can't believe EA would allow this in their game, once again. I just don't get it. If it's been an issue, why wouldn't they test it to make sure it's not an issue again?

jaymo76
08-02-2010, 02:45 PM
From everything I have read, the flats are once again money. I can't believe EA would allow this in their game, once again. I just don't get it. If it's been an issue, why wouldn't they test it to make sure it's not an issue again?

Honestly, I find passing in general to be far, far, far easier in Madden than NCAA this year. In the demo I have no problem going 90-100% comp % with Sanchez. Meanwhile, I find that Madden's cpu passing seems far worse this year. Most of the demo game I have played have Manning well under 50% comp %.

jaymo76
08-02-2010, 02:48 PM
So with the shorter games using gameflow.... I just finished a game using gameflow and it took 47 minutes. Not one game I have played has finished within a half hour. In Madden 10 I played 12 min qrtrs with accelerated clock. I don't see gameflow making any real time difference.

skipwondah33
08-02-2010, 03:20 PM
Honestly, I find passing in general to be far, far, far easier in Madden than NCAA this year. In the demo I have no problem going 90-100% comp % with Sanchez. Meanwhile, I find that Madden's cpu passing seems far worse this year. Most of the demo game I have played have Manning well under 50% comp %.

Could it be because of the game speed in Madden is defaulted as slow and the game speed in NCAA is defaulted at normal? Plus NFL QBs should be throwing better than college QB's....I know I'm reaching on that last one.

Oh and we don't know if Madden has "God Mode man coverage yet"

morsdraconis
08-02-2010, 03:29 PM
Could it be because of the game speed in Madden is defaulted as slow and the game speed in NCAA is defaulted at normal? Plus NFL QBs should be throwing better than college QB's....I know I'm reaching on that last one.

Oh and we don't know if Madden has "God Mode man coverage yet"

Believe me. It definitely doesn't. Slants/INs/Outs all day long.

skipwondah33
08-02-2010, 03:44 PM
Believe me. It definitely doesn't. Slants/INs/Outs all day long.

Well then thats because Madden doesn't have God-mode aggressive man coverage then lol

Plus remember the teams we are playing with. Try that against the Raiders with someone calling Man-under coverage and those are picks because of their speed

jaymo76
08-04-2010, 12:31 AM
I see at OS that the people who have the game early seem to stress that Madden 11 is definitely a better game than 10 but not as "fun" as NCAA 11. I would love to have some compelling reason to buy this game but I just can't find it...

morsdraconis
08-04-2010, 07:30 AM
I see at OS that the people who have the game early seem to stress that Madden 11 is definitely a better game than 10 but not as "fun" as NCAA 11. I would love to have some compelling reason to buy this game but I just can't find it...

I definitely wouldn't but I'm jaded because I hardly ever play Madden anyway (and when I do, it's Superstar mode).

skipwondah33
08-04-2010, 08:18 AM
but not as "fun" as NCAA 11. I would love to have some compelling reason to buy this game but I just can't find it...

I can believe that because NCAA desperately needed the game they had this year which fans have been wanting and waiting for. Madden didn't IMO need that much of a boost to win or keep fans.

JBHuskers
08-04-2010, 08:40 AM
Okay kids, the embargo has been lifted. I can try to answer some questions if you have them.

steelerfan
08-04-2010, 09:02 AM
Have you simmed ahead a year?

I'd love to know if stats are outta whack in franchise, if draft logic blows (ie Rams drafting Jake Locker), if FA is a joke (ie user can get the lion's share of available FAs / CPU sits tens of millions under the Cap / Colts release Manning because of salary etc).

I know they didn't add anything to Franchise, but I didn't buy Madden 10 (first time since it became a console game) because I hadn't been happy with Franchise Mode since last gen. For me, the NFL is much harder to replicate in a video game in that statistical anomalies will stick out like a guy in sweat pants at a scrip club.

Thanks for anything you can comment on these issues.

skipwondah33
08-04-2010, 09:13 AM
How does the new kicking meter differentiate (spelling) from kicker to kicker?
If you could test out the worst kicker on all-madden, then use Kaeding from the Chargers on the same.
How close with each do you need to be to kick it fairly straight and is the meter speed based on attributes?

Thanks man

steelerfan
08-04-2010, 09:18 AM
If you could test out the worst kicker on all-madden, then use Kaeding from the Chargers on the same.

Be careful not to test this during the Playoffs as Kaeding and the worst kicker will be the same guy. :P

JBHuskers
08-04-2010, 09:35 AM
Have you simmed ahead a year?

I'd love to know if stats are outta whack in franchise, if draft logic blows (ie Rams drafting Jake Locker), if FA is a joke (ie user can get the lion's share of available FAs / CPU sits tens of millions under the Cap / Colts release Manning because of salary etc).

I know they didn't add anything to Franchise, but I didn't buy Madden 10 (first time since it became a console game) because I hadn't been happy with Franchise Mode since last gen. For me, the NFL is much harder to replicate in a video game in that statistical anomalies will stick out like a guy in sweat pants at a scrip club.

Thanks for anything you can comment on these issues.

I will try to sim through a season. The FA issue should be fixed, but not sure. What exactly do you want to see stat-wise?

I know that during the season the top FA's sit in FA unless someone gets injured. Westbrook, Owens, etc. are still out there....of course I'm working with default rosters.

How does the new kicking meter differentiate (spelling) from kicker to kicker?
How close with each do you need to be to kick it fairly straight and is the meter speed based on attributes?

Thanks man

To my knowledge it's not different from kicker to kicker. It does go faster from pro to all-pro. But once you get the hang of it, it's not too hard...it's no different than a 3-click swing in the old Tiger Woods system. I don't like the kick meter at all.

skipwondah33
08-04-2010, 09:37 AM
I know atleast from the demo that it appeared depending on the attribute of the kicker was how close you needed to be to the accuracy bar. There were more than a few instances when I kicked with the Jets kicker that I thought I was fairly close to the accuracy bar only to have the kick shank, whereas I didn't need to be so close when I kicked with the Colts kicker

sl8b
08-04-2010, 09:48 AM
So with the shorter games using gameflow.... I just finished a game using gameflow and it took 47 minutes. Not one game I have played has finished within a half hour. In Madden 10 I played 12 min qrtrs with accelerated clock. I don't see gameflow making any real time difference.

I''m always for playing games in less time, but this just isn't the case with gameflow. The only reason they are saying it's faster is because the default is 5 minute quarters with accell clock on. Not a dealbreaker by any stretch for me, as I'll be playing 12 minutes as always, but I was hoping to be able to play games in less than an hour.

What's funny is I can play a game of ncaa faster than madden, despite time being a back of the box feature for madden this year.

JB- I assume in-game saves are not in? You mind confirming this for me?

iBrandon
08-04-2010, 09:49 AM
How is the kicking game with a bad kicker, does it make a difference with the new meter?

In NCAA the computer running back would always cut to the middle of the field when he had a wide open outside run, how is it in Madden?

What do you feel is the best speed for Madden 11 and what speed did you use for Madden 10?

Thanks!

JBHuskers
08-04-2010, 10:06 AM
I know atleast from the demo that it appeared depending on the attribute of the kicker was how close you needed to be to the accuracy bar. There were more than a few instances when I kicked with the Jets kicker that I thought I was fairly close to the accuracy bar only to have the kick shank, whereas I didn't need to be so close when I kicked with the Colts kicker

That could be true...but the actual behavior of the kick meter does not change except for game difficulty.

JB- I assume in-game saves are not in? You mind confirming this for me?

I'm pretty sure they're not.

JBHuskers
08-04-2010, 10:08 AM
GameFlow for me has been turned off both coordinator audio and playcalling. I didn't like it when I saw it at the draft. Gave it a fair shake for four or five games when I got Madden, liked it, then quickly got sick of it. I've been playing 7 min quarters with a :15 runoff....and it takes over 40 mins to play, but once I made my own gameplan, there were a LOT of the same plays getting called.

The coordinator gives a lot of good insight into certain plays with certain situations....but this is definitely not for the hardcore player.

JBHuskers
08-04-2010, 10:11 AM
How is the kicking game with a bad kicker, does it make a difference with the new meter?

Worse accuracy will make you pay for missing the last click....but if you've ever played Hot Shots Golf, it's not too hard to hit the accuracy with practice.

In NCAA the computer running back would always cut to the middle of the field when he had a wide open outside run, how is it in Madden?

Both games use the same core gameplay, so it's about the same.

What do you feel is the best speed for Madden 11 and what speed did you use for Madden 10?

Normal cuz I hate the default speed. (which is a notch below Normal)

skipwondah33
08-04-2010, 10:41 AM
How long would you say you spent on setting up your gameplan?

A few guys in the Madden leagues I'm in are loving the idea of setting up their gameplans but this could be a blow to that idea if it uses the same plays over and over.

gschwendt
08-04-2010, 11:00 AM
How long would you say you spent on setting up your gameplan?

A few guys in the Madden leagues I'm in are loving the idea of setting up their gameplans but this could be a blow to that idea if it uses the same plays over and over.
Well, when setting up your gameplan, you actually have the ability to determine how often it is called in that given situation. You can add stars from 1-5 (including halves) and that will gauge how often it is called. I haven't spent a lot of time with the game but I definitely will say that in order to enjoy Gameflow, you'll have to spend a fair amount of time with your Gameplan.

jaymo76
08-04-2010, 11:04 AM
Simple question: if you're happy with NCAA and you are an offline franchise only type of guy, is Madden worth buying or for those of us miffed with lack of franchise upgrades should we stay with Madden 10 and NCAA 11?

skipwondah33
08-04-2010, 11:04 AM
Well, when setting up your gameplan, you actually have the ability to determine how often it is called in that given situation. You can add stars from 1-5 (including halves) and that will gauge how often it is called. I haven't spent a lot of time with the game but I definitely will say that in order to enjoy Gameflow, you'll have to spend a fair amount of time with your Gameplan.

Yeah I set up one in the demo, used it for about a game if you add in the quarters I've played with it on. I didn't notice alot of the same playcalls but then again I didn't set mine up real in-depth. Say you do assign certain plays higher value...if that situation were to come up multiple times, it would seem like chances were that play was going to get called multiple times. I'll have to play around with it a little.

JBHuskers
08-04-2010, 11:25 AM
Simple question: if you're happy with NCAA and you are an offline franchise only type of guy, is Madden worth buying or for those of us miffed with lack of franchise upgrades should we stay with Madden 10 and NCAA 11?

Well Madden 11 is definitely a lot more fun to play than 10. I've already played more offline franchise with Madden 11 than I did with all of 10.

jaymo76
08-04-2010, 02:45 PM
I assume that the Injured Reserve Issue was NOT fixed (aka... still no roster spot freed up for an IR player). This issue hurts my Raiders chise every year.

sl8b
08-04-2010, 06:15 PM
I'm curious JB, what makes it more fun than 10? I loved 10, so hopefully I'm in for a treat. Care to elaborate? Or is it just a "fun factor"?

JBHuskers
08-04-2010, 06:35 PM
I'm curious JB, what makes it more fun than 10? I loved 10, so hopefully I'm in for a treat. Care to elaborate? Or is it just a "fun factor"?

Locomotion on Normal speed.

morsdraconis
08-04-2010, 08:45 PM
Now that it's been lifted, I'll definitely answer some questions as well. I'll admit I haven't played it much, but I'll slug through it to answer some questions that you guys have (and to help JB with it).

I'm also like JB though, when I do play, I play on Normal speed with the Gameflow and OC audio turned off.

I'm going to sim ahead a couple of seasons and take notes on the stats and such as well.

jaymo76
08-04-2010, 08:45 PM
From a lot of the OS posts, the people who have the game keep saying how "different" it feels from NCAA. By this I am confused because based on the Madden 11 demo and NCAA 11, I think this is the most similar feel between the two games since I have been playing them... is the retail really that different or is this "the honeymoon effect?" Without naming names, some of those posters spell objective with an EA if you get my drift...

morsdraconis
08-04-2010, 08:58 PM
From a lot of the OS posts, the people who have the game keep saying how "different" it feels from NCAA. By this I am confused because based on the Madden 11 demo and NCAA 11, I think this is the most similar feel between the two games since I have been playing them... is the retail really that different or is this "the honeymoon effect?" Without naming names, some of those posters spell objective with an EA if you get my drift...

I definitely think it feels different on Normal speed. The Locomotion doesn't feel quite as good as on NCAA. I feel like I have less control of my players for some reason (may be the camera angle causing some of it as well).

I OU a Beatn
08-04-2010, 09:00 PM
Do you guys have access to online? I'd love to hear how the quality of the connection is online. You could have super connections on NCAA and it would still lag. I know Madden '10 was smooth as hell, so that definitely would be appreciated. Also, I would LOVE if someone could either get a video capture or screenshot of the online interface like the leaderboards, lobby, etc... Please and thank you!

morsdraconis
08-04-2010, 09:23 PM
So I tested out the kicker slider with different kicking accuracies:

Kicking 42 yard kicks (so I didn't have to max out the power every time) in practice with various created kickers all with 90 KPW and going from 90 KAC to 12 KAC with the kicking accuracy slider all the way down to 0 I was able leave the direction of the kick straight and vary my accuracy in the kicking motion while compensating for wind to pretty much nail anything from 42 yards without moving the arrow. The new kicking meter is so ridiculously easy, it's not funny (and, again, I've barely even played Madden 11 and I don't think I've used the new setup but maybe 3 or 4 times in total before this test).

steelerfan
08-04-2010, 09:52 PM
Hmm. Maybe they can patch in the old kicking meter, lol. This game seems so lame compared to NCAA. Locomotion seems to be the only good add.

iBrandon
08-04-2010, 10:14 PM
Old kicking meter was never hard either. Worse kicker and 55 yarders were a piece of cake.

morsdraconis
08-04-2010, 10:17 PM
End of year 2 of a simming. Only things I've seen so far is Jarvis Green broke the NFL sack record with 24 sacks the first season (incredibly unlikely) and Sam Bradford immediately makes the Rams a playoff team in year 2 and they go 11-5 and win their division. No real drafting issues that I've seen so far.

Stats all look good besides the one sack anomaly. Manning, Brady, and Roethlisberger are have been the top TD passes and Comp% leaders both years.

Saints won the Super Bowl over the Steelers in 2010

Patriots beat the Saints in the Super Bowl in 2011

morsdraconis
08-04-2010, 10:24 PM
Possible issue:

Browns draft a punter and after one season he's the second best punter in the league with 99 KPW and 93 KAC

jaymo76
08-04-2010, 10:25 PM
End of year 2 of a simming. Only things I've seen so far is Jarvis Green broke the NFL sack record with 24 sacks the first season (incredibly unlikely) and Sam Bradford immediately makes the Rams a playoff team in year 2 and they go 11-5 and win their division. No real drafting issues that I've seen so far.

Stats all look good besides the one sack anomaly. Manning, Brady, and Roethlisberger are have been the top TD passes and Comp% leaders both years.

Saints won the Super Bowl over the Steelers in 2010

Patriots beat the Saints in the Super Bowl in 2011

Any anomalies with free agents?... every Madden game Peyton Manning seems to be released. Were there any changes to how free agency & IR works in the game? I guess I already know the answer but here's to positive thinking...

morsdraconis
08-04-2010, 10:26 PM
Same thing for a kicker that the Colts draft - 93 overall - 95 KPW - 93 KPW after just two seasons.

morsdraconis
08-04-2010, 10:28 PM
Any anomalies with free agents?... every Madden game Peyton Manning seems to be released. Were there any changes to how free agency & IR works in the game? I guess I already know the answer but here's to positive thinking...

So far, I haven't seen in anomalies with free agency. Highest available player first season was 86 overall and there didn't appear to be any high profile players released at all.

Checking this year now.

I don't know about IR. I'll check on it this season if one of my guys gets hurt for the season (only issue there is it doesn't actually show you how many out of 70 players you have on your roster anywhere that I can find).

JBHuskers
08-05-2010, 12:02 AM
Thanks for doing the simming Mors......PS3 servers finally turned on tonight so we're testing out Online Team Play.

JBHuskers
08-05-2010, 12:44 AM
Servers are okay. Kick meter kinda sucks so you'll have to do a lag adjustment, but you'll get used to it after a little while. I myself lost connection on the last two OTP games we tried. Not sure if it has to do with me or just the servers as my internet stayed up and I stayed connected online with my PS3. Now there is going to be some flushing and tweaking on Monday from what I gather, so what I say now may not be the case on Tuesday. With that said, OTP is really really fun. Played about four games.

gschwendt
08-05-2010, 01:11 AM
Not sure if it has to do with me or just the servers as my internet stayed up and I stayed connected online with my PS3.
Actually the first game I didn't notice you were gone until it said you signed out of PSN. Though, not sure if you did that manually after you were disconnected or what.

cdj
08-05-2010, 01:16 AM
That last OTP game was pretty crazy. Didn't see that finish coming!

Rudy
08-05-2010, 05:09 AM
I hated the r-stick kicking when they first added it because it was ridiculously easy and sliders didn't work much to fix it. But the last two years in NCAA the accuracy slider has been really good. I've got human accuracy at 30 and I made around 60% of my kicks I think. Ian said they wanted to make kicking harder by changing to this meter but it seems he made it easier from what I'm reading. Why not just reduce the default accuracy more? At 50 it IS too easy to make kicks. Drop it a bunch and it's not. Furthermore, why not have the option for either kicking system? Doesn't Tiger Woods let you choose from buttons or analog?

Rudy
08-05-2010, 05:10 AM
One other thing, from the demo it seemed that Normal speed on Madden = Slow on NCAA. Both of those settings felt good to me.