PDA

View Full Version : Editable features for NCAA 12

jaymo76
11-28-2010, 12:49 AM
Ian and the Madden team opened up a line of questioning to the gaming community regarding GLOBAL EDITING in franchise mode. Basically Ian and co wanted to know what people who play Madden franchise mode would like to edit and the situations in which editing should occur. He brought up the issues the team had with giving users full power to edit (eg cheesing, etc.).

So I would like to piggyback this conversation for NCAA 12. Basically I would love to see both NCAA 12 and Madden 12 give the dynasty/franchise mode 100% power for global editing. Specifically I would like to see the user have the power to:
1. Edit uniform, hair, height, weight, and body type of ALL players
2. Edit ALL players skills and attributes during the season (up or down)
** this is HUGE re: how we perceive the workability of progression/regression
3. Re-organize the CPU depth chart of cpu controlled teams
4. Select the style/tempo of any cpu team
5. determine the frequency of RB carries for all cpu controlled teams, etc.

Basically my premise is that as WE are purchasing the game we should have the right to play said game as we see fit. More user customization seems to be desperately needed in EA Sports titles. 2K Sports has been at the forefront of this thinking for years and I would love NCAA and Madden to get behind this type of thinking. Your thoughts...???...

JeffHCross
11-28-2010, 01:32 AM
I'm normally a proponent for giving the user whatever control he wants over a dynasty. But I just can't get on board with the idea of letting us edit everything in the course of the season. Sure, some people think the progression isn't done correctly and what not, but it just doesn't sit right to take all of the progression and generated recruits and everything and just throw them out the window.

Then again, I have friends who go out of their way to create 99 OVR players that are 6'8" and 310 lbs and put them at running back. Not my style, but anything's possible.

I disagree that 2k has been at the forefront of any of this. APF was fully customizable because they really had no choice. Very little in the rest of the 2k games have even remotely close to the level of customization you're advocating here.

I'm fully okay, and supportive, of all editing that they could allow before a franchise or dynasty starts. But I can't see it once the dynasty begins.

FWIW, "select the style/tempo of any cpu team" is already in the game. Well, style at least.

The only type of "global editing" I'd like to see, which isn't really what he's talking about here but is what I thought you meant when I started reading the post ... is globally setting equipment, and being able to selectively override already set equipment. For example, if I want to change the type of my team's helmets without changing the facemask, or change anything without effecting the gloves/wrists/elbow equipment I already have set. That'd be nice, and considerably faster than going player by player.

Rudy
11-28-2010, 07:04 AM
I wouldn't use this feature but I do think it would be nice to let people do whatever they want. If they want to be cheezers or cheat, let them.

CLW
11-28-2010, 09:23 AM
I wouldn't use this feature but I do think it would be nice to let people do whatever they want. If they want to be cheezers or cheat, let them.

Agrees. UNLESS they are in a group playing in an OD.

morsdraconis
11-28-2010, 09:43 AM
Jeff, 2K does allow editing of players once the season has started. You can edit the rookies you draft right as you sign them.

Now, while I agree that, personally, I don't see the reason for having that much customization, I can definitely see why people would like to have full control over things like that. It's definitely not something I would take the time to mess with though. I just don't care THAT much about it.

JeffHCross
11-28-2010, 10:54 AM
Jeff, 2K does allow editing of players once the season has started. You can edit the rookies you draft right as you sign them.Interesting. Good to know, mors.

cky224
04-13-2011, 04:57 PM
most of step 1 all of step 2 all of step 3 all of step 4 and 5 dumbest thing i ahve ever heared. play the stupid game like in real life. teams dont go up to other teams and be like will you run this tempo. It would be rediculous to make everybody a 99 because in real life u cant have everybody do that. It seems like to me you are to bad at this game to play it how it normaly is

Jayrah
04-13-2011, 07:10 PM
Cky that's not the point of editable items. It's for people who start a year and realize that certain people aren't playing where they are supposed to be playing. For example a team comes out playing with a qb who in real life isn't the starter. You want to play against the starter, and you want him to be as good as he is in real life. But the game doesn't have the right attributes because it's ncaa so there's not necessarily anyone that's as they should be. Instead of starting the season over so that you can play vs the correct player(s) of just that team, you'd simply exit the game as soon as you found out, edit the correct player(s), and restart your game. If you wanted all 99 ratings, you could do that before the season anyway, but that's not what Jaymo is asking to do. He wants to edit the rosters so that he can play against his perception of the real life counterparts on the other sidelines.

The other point is to be able to progress players (due to their performances), the way we think they should progress, as opposed to the game's invalid perception of progression. Hopefully progression is much better this year so that it won't be as big of an issue.

ALSO: Why the double post?

Rudy
04-13-2011, 09:30 PM
That's the same false argument used against sliders by people. They think we use this stuff to make the game easier for us. That has nothing to do with anything. It's about keeping the game as realistic as possible.

cdj
04-14-2011, 06:52 AM
I agree with what CLW and most have said - In an offline Dynasty, why not let users edit and do whatever they want? It's their $60, let them do what they want. I'd also say that I don't think people want to edit that because they struggle with the game, but rather to help keep it realistic and maybe even more challenging.

Can you not edit rosters inside an offline Dynasty? I thought we could in NCAA Football, but maybe not in 11. Editing team tempo and style is one I've wanted as soon as I heard about the new feature in NCAA 11.

morsdraconis
04-14-2011, 07:54 AM
Not that I remember. Once you start the season, you're done with editing rosters, team information, etc.

souljahbill
04-14-2011, 08:46 AM
I definitely would like to globally edit equipment. If I want my entire team to wear a particular helmet, I don't want to do each player individually. I could care less about in-season roster updates. It may be nice to be able to "fix" progression but unless you're going to progress the roster of every team to keep balance, then most people will just jack up their own players based on perception.

JeffHCross
04-14-2011, 06:49 PM
If I want my entire team to wear a particular helmet, I don't want to do each player individually.This. :nod: Was a total bitch to setup two different teams with specific helmet types.

ram29jackson
04-14-2011, 07:42 PM
This. :nod: Was a total bitch to setup two different teams with specific helmet types.

you two dont even know the half of it :)

souljahbill
04-14-2011, 08:46 PM
I tried with my teambuilder team in my dynasty but after 5 players, I just stopped. It wasn't that important to spend 3 hours on.

ram29jackson
04-14-2011, 09:28 PM
I tried with my teambuilder team in my dynasty but after 5 players, I just stopped. It wasn't that important to spend 3 hours on.

:) I take offense to that.

3 fifteen minute sessions should take care of allot haha

I may not do as many 1940s team next time but I still want a smooth helmet and standard jersey sleeves- not tucked. and half the players with that silly ankle brace is annoying to me somewhat.

i'm mad that they didnt have the CLUB arm wrap this year

souljahbill
04-14-2011, 09:58 PM
As an athletic trainer, I'm mad that taped ankles=spat. I tape a lot of ankles but rarely ever spat.

jaymo76
04-16-2011, 12:39 AM

Haha! I feel the same way... BUT... go back half a dozen years before my wife and kids and I would happily put in 6 hours just to edit. How times change...