PDA

View Full Version : Would you go watch Oprah live?

psuexv
11-19-2010, 02:39 PM
If I could be at this show, yeah I'd probably go -http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2010/11/19/oprah-wows-crowd-with-ultimate-favorite-things/

JBHuskers
11-19-2010, 03:02 PM
If she was giving something away.

steelerfan
11-19-2010, 03:03 PM
The shame I'd carry for the rest of my days would not make this worth while. :P

psuexv
11-19-2010, 03:07 PM
The shame I'd carry for the rest of my days would not make this worth while. :P

I think I could wash that shame away on the 7 day cruise that she was giving away... or while I'm watching my new Sony 3D TV.

JBHuskers
11-19-2010, 03:42 PM
Hell I played Hannah Montana: The Movie for a platinum trophy.

psuexv
11-19-2010, 03:44 PM
Hell I played Hannah Montana: The Movie for a platinum trophy.

There's really no way to respond to that :)

JeffHCross
11-19-2010, 05:00 PM
Because of the general likelihood of getting something from being at Oprah ... sure, why not.

But only if I was doing so to score some brownie points with someone ... like a girl. Even getting something ridiculously good wouldn't be worth it in the long run, if I was by myself.

JBHuskers
11-19-2010, 05:32 PM
Because of the general likelihood of getting something from being at Oprah ... sure, why not.

But only if I was doing so to score some brownie points with someone ... like a girl. Even getting something ridiculously good wouldn't be worth it in the long run, if I was by myself.

Well yeah...sure as hell not going to Oprah by myself :D

ram29jackson
11-19-2010, 05:58 PM
she thinks she's her own God. I would not endorse her.

She is a self absorbed wind bag

steelerfan
11-19-2010, 06:49 PM
She is a self absorbed wind bag

This statement applies to 98.71%* of all women.

*This poll has a margin of error of +1.29%

JBHuskers
11-19-2010, 07:25 PM
wait a second.....98.71 + 1.29 equals.....I get it....

JeffHCross
11-19-2010, 09:30 PM
wait a second.....98.71 + 1.29 equals.....I get it....The fact that you posted that ...

SmoothPancakes
11-19-2010, 10:25 PM
The fact that you posted that ...

Damn, you beat me to it.

JBHuskers
11-19-2010, 11:21 PM
The fact that you posted that ...

Guess your sarcasm detector is broken :D

morsdraconis
11-19-2010, 11:40 PM
(shrugs) It's just Oprah. I'd go, by myself if I knew she was giving away something I gave two shits about.

And you still have to pay taxes on the stuff she gives you if I'm not mistaken...

JeffHCross
11-20-2010, 12:04 AM
Guess your sarcasm detector is broken :DSarcasm doesn't forgive stupid ;)

AustinWolv
11-20-2010, 09:02 AM
If she was giving something away.
This.

Otherwise, she is another self-righteous celebrity who uses her show and popularity with blind suckers to push her agendas.

NatureBoy
11-20-2010, 09:58 AM
If she was giving something away.:nod: Yep, I would sit on the front row and scream like a little girl if I was lucky enough to get in on her favorite things show. This a list of what the lucky dogs got on yesterday's show.

* A special Oprah watch commemorating her show’s 25 years. The watch featured 58 hand-set diamonds (whoa!) and two O’s on the watch’s face.

* A gray Tory Burch flannel tote with matching Tory Burch gray flannel flats.

* A Nikon D3100 Digital SLR camera. Oprah showed this off by revealing some photos of longtime partner Stedman Graham cousin making chicken.

* A Ralph Lauren-designed cashmere sweater and matching cable throw blanket. Lauren let Oprah decide the sweater’s color -- she chose one that reminded her of her beloved dog Sadie.

* Judith Ripka Eclipse canary crystal earrings with white sapphires.

* An Andrew Walker hair kit including his own formula of shampoo, conditioner, Q-oil and hair makeup. Walker is the only hair stylist she trusts with her famous tresses.

* Eighteen candles featured at $50 each. "It’s a candle-palooza!!!" Winfrey screamed.

* A Breville Paninni Press, along with the recipe for Oprah’s “Love Sandwich” -- the sandwich she makes for Graham.

* A bunch of kitchen goodies, including a Kyocera Ceramic Cutlery Set, Beecher’s “World’s Best” Frozen Macaroni & Cheese, Ghirardelli brownie mix, Baker’s Edge lasagna and brownie pans.

* Two books – Jay-Z’s Decoded and A Course in Weight Loss by Marianne Williamson.

* A five-year Netflix membership and a 52-inch Sony Bravia LX900 3D flat screen television and Blu-Ray player.

* A $100 gift card to use on micro-lending site Kiva.org.

* Oprah’s special season 25 T-shirt and Lululemon workout pants.

* Four pairs of Nike Free Run+ tennis shoes.

* A custom-built closet from The Container Store.

* A free 7-day Carribean cruise on Royal Caribbean’s Allure of the Seas. (the audience came unglued at this announcement!)

* The new album from the Black Eyed Peas.