PDA

View Full Version : Offseason, 2012

Oneback
11-16-2010, 08:21 PM
We are on players leaving.

Oneback
11-16-2010, 08:22 PM
What time is good for everyone to get on to finish the off-season. If we cannot find a time we'll advance every 24 hours.

fsuprime
FSU
junior(rs) RB Chris Thompson will return for his senior season
junior(rs) SS Jejuan Harley will return for his senior season.

fsu done with players leaving.

JeffHCross
Well, with Papa's schedule, AFAIK, we wouldn't be able to set a time until Friday at the earliest ...

I'm a loner and single, so I'm available whenever.

psusnoop
11-16-2010, 08:25 PM
I'm ok to go at it whenever but Friday night I'm unavailable. If we go every 24 thats a start

JeffHCross
11-16-2010, 08:26 PM
Sophomore TE Steven Wisnewski was tempted by an offer to walk-on at Virginia Tech, but after a sit-down with Coach JeffHCross, he has decided to remain in Columbus.

No Buckeyes wished to go to the NFL ... I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

fsuprime
11-16-2010, 08:27 PM
texas has no one leaving nor does va tech. it does not look like penn st will have any recruiting time for week 1 lol

also michigan is getting a monster x-fer FB from notre dame :(

gschwendt
11-16-2010, 08:34 PM
Wisconsin SS Darius Feaster has elected to return to campus after contemplating a shot at the NFL. Feaster would have likely been a fourth round draft pick at best but returns to campus with the opportunity to be the stud safety of the 335 defense.

Iron Dragon
11-16-2010, 08:37 PM
Freshman recievers Kyle Wallace and Jovon Abrams, who would have been maybe our #3 WR next year have left for the greener pastures of Utah State and New Mexico State.

Brennan Clay, who has 18 TDs in his career at Oklahoma considered transfering to Kansas, but opted out.

Kingpin32
11-16-2010, 08:38 PM
Can someone check if Oregon has any players leaving?

psuexv
11-16-2010, 08:43 PM
Man I had to open my big mouth and post about the players I have coming back. All Americans Kyle Prater and George Uko want to go to the draft as do starting running back and 2 starting linebackers.

Luckily talked them all into coming back expect for ROLB Haynes Pullard

USC is done and will have very little recruiting time for week 1

JeffHCross
11-16-2010, 08:43 PM
also michigan is getting a monster x-fer FB from notre dame :(Former #1 recruit too ...

That's the only potential transfer to any Powerhouse team, so Oneback, I guess we can basically "skip" transfers, since you'd be able to do that step on your own time.

psuexv
11-16-2010, 08:44 PM
I say we start advancing and see where it gets us. Especially with Papa's schedule I'd hate to wait until Friday or the weekend.

JeffHCross
11-16-2010, 08:44 PM
Can someone check if Oregon has any players leaving?
LE Hart (80 OVR) - Pro Draft
CB Lowe (85) - Pro Draft

psuexv
11-16-2010, 08:46 PM
Rob Bolden wanting to go the OSU, is that tOSU or OSU?

Kingpin32
11-16-2010, 08:47 PM
Dang I really want those players too, but I'm at work so I can't talk them into staying right now.

fsuprime
11-16-2010, 08:48 PM
i dont think we are advancing right now kingpin, just do it asap when u get home tonight

gschwendt
11-16-2010, 08:50 PM
Rob Bolden wanting to go the OSU, is that tOSU or OSU?Have to ask Jeff what abbreviation he used for his TeamBuilder team. The default one for Ohio State is Bucks but obviously he could have used OSU just to confuse us all.

JeffHCross
11-16-2010, 08:54 PM
Rob Bolden wanting to go the OSU, is that tOSU or OSU?It's THE OSU. ;)

but obviously he could have used OSU just to confuse us all.I can see why some of you might be confused, but neither of the PSU guys should be confused by that abbreviation. :D

JeffHCross
11-16-2010, 08:57 PM
I'm having the same problem Oneback did back in Season 1 where I can log in, get my transfer to stick around, but not upload it to the OD servers. I'm debating not bothering with it and letting him go. I'll try again in a bit and see if it goes through, depending on whether or not I let him go.

gschwendt
11-16-2010, 09:06 PM
I'm having the same problem Oneback did back in Season 1 where I can log in, get my transfer to stick around, but not upload it to the OD servers. I'm debating not bothering with it and letting him go. I'll try again in a bit and see if it goes through, depending on whether or not I let him go.I had that problem in SBCOL with my one player that was wanting to leave. In the end I just let him leave (you're welcome snoop).

Oneback
11-16-2010, 09:12 PM
That transfer FB I went after hard in recruiting, I wonder if thats why he's coming my way. I've also signed a 5-star ATH that will be a FB as well. Looks like I may be set at FB for awhile. Now if I could only do something at WR.

gschwendt
11-16-2010, 09:32 PM
It appears as though we're only waiting on Penn State and Oregon since no one else remaining has any players wanting to leave early. Lord willing there will be a lot of players wanting to leave early from Texas next season.

Papa LoneStar
11-16-2010, 11:03 PM
I'm glad I came through with my conference title promise for the freshman QB and RBs came through....could have been a major....major....I mean major disaster :-)

I won't touch it again....lol

Kingpin32
11-16-2010, 11:03 PM
I'll get my stuff in when I get off from work tonight. Hopefully OB will be able to advance when he gets up in the morning.

Kingpin32
11-16-2010, 11:04 PM
I'm glad I came through with my conference title promise for the freshman QB and RBs came through....could have been a major....major....I mean major disaster :-)

I won't touch it again....lol

If you didn't catch that miracle pass in our game, I could've ruined your team lol.

Papa LoneStar
11-16-2010, 11:05 PM
I should have that "game in your home state" promise....the national title one, too, but that was is forbidden. The home state one will hopefully help me get a foot in California.

Papa LoneStar
11-16-2010, 11:06 PM
True....I'm not sure what the game would've did with a 3-way tie....probably would've counted it as a fail....lol

Kingpin32
11-16-2010, 11:07 PM
True....I'm not sure what the game would've did with a 3-way tie....probably would've counted it as a fail....lol

Lol the game would've crashed probably.

JeffHCross
11-16-2010, 11:13 PM
Because of technical difficulties, the renewed scholarship paperwork that was intended for Ohio State TE Steve Wisnewski did not go through. Instead, Wisnewski is expected to enroll at Virginia Tech.

psusnoop
11-17-2010, 06:20 AM
PSU finished last night and got all 7 to stay for their SR year, however that leaves PSU very limited in their recruiting time for week 1. I'm going to have to be very picky on whom I attack come week 1 in the offseason. I'm pretty sure I marked ready to advance once I finished.

Sorry I didn't post here last night I was finished I started a game against psuexv which was a barn burner to say the least.

Bolden I could have let go with Jones emergence last year but there is this thing I have against losing any transfers especially to OSU. :)

Oneback
11-17-2010, 06:25 AM
We have advanced to recruiting week 1.

Papa LoneStar
11-17-2010, 06:59 AM
I'm very pleased with my interested crop....the first 2 offseasons....I've added 1 and 3....now I've got 6

JeffHCross
11-17-2010, 07:09 AM
Bolden I could have let go with Jones emergence last year but there is this thing I have against losing any transfers especially to OSU. :)Yeah, well, now I'm predicting it's inevitable that I'll lose Joe Germaine to a season ending injury early in the year, because I'm going to be hurting at QB next year.

Very little offseason interest for me on top of that. I may add two players, at the most.

psusnoop
11-17-2010, 07:44 AM
I'm hoping to land 2 during this offseason. I'm going to leaving work here in less then an hour so I'll be recruiting soon.

Oneback
11-17-2010, 08:11 AM
I ended up adding 10 guys to my board, but I have a lot of future needs that I wasn't able to get during the season.

psusnoop
11-17-2010, 08:32 AM
WOW, I am in no position to add 10 guys to my board. I'll be lucky if I can add 3 or 4 to be honest. With those 7 guys wanting to sit down for a talk about where they may end up if they declared for the draft early, PSU is going to find it tough to be competitive for guys in the offseason.

psuexv
11-17-2010, 08:33 AM
Damnit. I take it we still can't see recruiting through the website.

psusnoop
11-17-2010, 08:47 AM
No, I tried earlier. It will probably be next season till that works for us all (atleast that is the hope)

Oneback
11-17-2010, 09:27 AM
WOW, I am in no position to add 10 guys to my board. I'll be lucky if I can add 3 or 4 to be honest. With those 7 guys wanting to sit down for a talk about where they may end up if they declared for the draft early, PSU is going to find it tough to be competitive for guys in the offseason.

I was only able to sign 7 or 9 guys during the season. I don't think I'll land all 10 but I would like to so I can start building some depth/redshirt players.

fsuprime
11-17-2010, 09:30 AM
FSU done

gschwendt
11-17-2010, 09:33 AM
I've got 9 total on my board (had 9 hours for the first week) but 2 of those were carry-overs from the regular season.

psusnoop
11-17-2010, 09:38 AM
Change in plans, still here at work waiting on someone.

I will recruit though once I get home which should be before 1pm.

psuexv
11-17-2010, 09:46 AM
Change in plans, still here at work waiting on someone.

I will recruit though once I get home which should be before 1pm.

1pm? Must be nice to have your hours. 7 to 1.

I'll get mine done tonight since I can't access recruits on the web.

psusnoop
11-17-2010, 10:02 AM
It would be sooner, if this guy wouldn't have lied and said I'll be there in 30 minutes and I'm still waiting an hour and half later.

fsuprime
11-17-2010, 11:45 AM
Ugh hate those ppl, fsu added 7 but only hopes to get 1

Kingpin32
11-17-2010, 01:27 PM
I'll recruit when I get done with class.

fsuprime
11-17-2010, 02:48 PM
yea oneback i thought u were trying to sign as many as u did last year?? i guess u chose quality over quantity this year?

Oneback
11-17-2010, 03:56 PM
I tried to sign 15+ however they were taken from me. I've got a lot of young players on my team so I guess even though I only have 60 players a lot of the recruits didn't see playing time on my roster.

Hopefully I will be able to sign the bulk of what I have on my board and therefore end up where I wanted to be at the beginning of the season recruiting wise. I've also unlocked all the promises so hopefully that will help.

psusnoop
11-17-2010, 03:56 PM
Doing my recruiting within an hour.

Papa LoneStar
11-17-2010, 04:30 PM
After being up for 10 hours (instead of 10 minutes when I did my recruiting this morning)....I was able to take a GOOD look at the offseason prospects....added 2 more to bring the total to 8....three [5star] and five [4star]....if I'm able to secure all 8 (would be nice)....that would bring this class to 13 [5star] and 7 [4star]....I wouldn't mind hauling that in at all.... :-)

I'm just sad that I couldn't sign a TE this season....I think they are scared of Colton Hall....

Kingpin32
11-17-2010, 04:42 PM
Oregon is all done. I was able to add another 3 to my board. If I can get these last 4 guys, I'll have a solid class on my hands. And I may even be able to replace Cliff Harris, my CB that graduated this year.

fsuprime
11-17-2010, 04:44 PM
i really dont understand why the game gives texas so much love in recruiting, they always sign a top 10 class, but rarely do they ever get more than two 5 start prospects in a given year. Just another area in which EA goes totally unrealistic for no reason.

psusnoop
11-17-2010, 05:05 PM
Well psuexv, iron, and rc remain

Papa LoneStar
11-17-2010, 05:23 PM
i really dont understand why the game gives texas so much love in recruiting, they always sign a top 10 class, but rarely do they ever get more than two 5 start prospects in a given year. Just another area in which EA goes totally unrealistic for no reason.

I can't remember the other 2 seasons....but this year....my group has 5 in-state and 5 out.

Oneback
11-17-2010, 06:59 PM
If you think about it though Texas (the real team) only recruits in state prospects, whereas Papa is recruiting anyone willing to come his way. Now since WM has arrived on the 40 we have started to expand our talent pool.

If the rumors out of Austin are correct in that Mack Brown is going to replace Greg Davis after the season and is leaning heavily on Muschamp on selecting a new OC we may start to recruit on a national scale and bring in even more top talent (as long as they come in hungry and with a passion to play).

Oneback
11-17-2010, 06:59 PM
Well psuexv, iron, and rc remain

RC just finished.

fsuprime
11-17-2010, 07:31 PM
If you think about it though Texas (the real team) only recruits in state prospects, whereas Papa is recruiting anyone willing to come his way. Now since WM has arrived on the 40 we have started to expand our talent pool.

If the rumors out of Austin are correct in that Mack Brown is going to replace Greg Davis after the season and is leaning heavily on Muschamp on selecting a new OC we may start to recruit on a national scale and bring in even more top talent (as long as they come in hungry and with a passion to play).

it could be, but ive always contended that Texas taking so many early commitments hurts them as an elite team as much as it helps them remain a top 10 team. They miss out on the late bloomers and get stuck with kids who peak at 17 years old. Now they have to mix in national recruiting which is an even bigger crap shoot than in state recruiting and it could be hard to balance for a team that is not used to national searches (or even in state searches since they get the pick of their litter).

As far as Tex going national, that is all well and good but not many kids outside of texas start the season with texas #1 on their list :)

Oneback
11-17-2010, 07:48 PM
it could be, but ive always contended that Texas taking so many early commitments hurts them as an elite team as much as it helps them remain a top 10 team. They miss out on the late bloomers and get stuck with kids who peak at 17 years old. Now they have to mix in national recruiting which is an even bigger crap shoot than in state recruiting and it could be hard to balance for a team that is not used to national searches (or even in state searches since they get the pick of their litter).

As far as Tex going national, that is all well and good but not many kids outside of texas start the season with texas #1 on their list :)

I've thought the same as well. If Texas would have kept spots open we could potentially have Andrew Luck (Houston), Darron Thomas (Houston) and LaMichael James (Texarkana) just to name a few.

It's is an interesting season however, coming off a MNC apperance it's interesting how quickly things have changed/collapsed. I look forward to next season with a team that is a year older, a real offensive coordinator (not a glorified QB coach), a pair of defensive tackles and some safeties that can actually play the position.

fsuprime
11-17-2010, 07:50 PM
yes it was like watching an fsu meltdown that took 5 years or so all in one season (jeff bowden) our defense was so stacked with nfl talent that it hid our problems for a while, it appears your D was reloading at the same time as your O and with the bad coaching and tough schedule it all happened very fast.

Oneback
11-17-2010, 08:07 PM
yes it was like watching an fsu meltdown that took 5 years or so all in one season (jeff bowden) our defense was so stacked with nfl talent that it hid our problems for a while, it appears your D was reloading at the same time as your O and with the bad coaching and tough schedule it all happened very fast.

Thats the thing that makes this even worse is that this schedule is not that tough.

psusnoop
11-17-2010, 08:11 PM
Any word on iron?

Oneback
11-17-2010, 08:40 PM
He's recruiting now, I'll advance at 9p

psuexv
11-17-2010, 08:50 PM
I still to recruit. Will be able to in about 20 minutes

psusnoop
11-17-2010, 08:53 PM
Slacker slacker slacker, Cool!

Oneback
11-17-2010, 08:58 PM
I still to recruit. Will be able to in about 20 minutes

Let me know when you are done.

Oneback
11-17-2010, 09:31 PM
Advancing to Week 2

psuexv
11-17-2010, 09:39 PM
USC is done with week 2

Oneback
11-17-2010, 09:46 PM
In awesome news, in a season where I need to sign a lot of off season recruits my week 1 recruiting didn't take. I have a feeling I exited before returning to the main screen. My fault in the end as I should have checked like I normally do right before advancing. Oh well.

fsuprime
11-17-2010, 10:13 PM
FSU done, signed the 5* QB so we are happy with the offseason :)

gschwendt
11-17-2010, 10:23 PM
FSU done, signed the 5* QB so we are happy with the offseason :)
Yeah, I was hoping you wouldn't be going after him since you signed a QB earlier in the season. :/

Also, how does a DE from the state of Wisconsin not even have the Badgers on his top 10? Not like I needed him, but still wanted to try to seal my borders.

fsuprime
11-17-2010, 10:26 PM
yea i would not have tried but, as we all know the qb i signed from ohio is a career backup, so really i needed a star to come in and compete with mcpherson :)

JeffHCross
11-17-2010, 10:29 PM
i really dont understand why the game gives texas so much love in recruiting, they always sign a top 10 class, but rarely do they ever get more than two 5 start prospects in a given year. Just another area in which EA goes totally unrealistic for no reason.The simple answer is that there's absolutely no competition for Papa in Texas. It has nothing to do with EA giving more love to UT. There are six [5star] prospects in Texas this year. Papa's signed 5, and he's #1 on the 6th.

Here's the results of real Texas recruiting for 2005 & 2007-2010 (for some reason 2006 is missing). 18 [5star] recruits: Texas signed 6 (33%), Oklahoma signed 4, LSU signed 3, and A&M signed 2. The rest were signed by Michigan (Ryan Mallett), Oregon, and Miami. Nobody is competing with Papa like that in Texas.

In 2009, there were 6 [5star] recruits in Texas, just like there are in our current dynasty year. 2 to LSU, 3 to Texas, and 1 to A&M. Russell Sheppard was one of the Bayou Bengals. Would the dynasty equivalent of Russell Sheppard leave Texas? No way.

FSU done, signed the 5* QB so we are happy with the offseason :)Yeeeeep, I figured you'd Instant on him sooner or later. Especially if he was one of the few guys on your board.

JeffHCross
11-17-2010, 10:33 PM
Well, at least I'm practically guaranteed to have top-tier QBs interested in me next season ... a year too late, but that's how it goes.

fsuprime
11-17-2010, 11:21 PM
texas will probably sign them, sorry tosu :)m and you kind of made my point, texas signed 6 5*s in 4 or 5 seasons lol, in the game the state of texas has way more 5*s than normal i guess...but yes i have been trying to make iron dragon realize he needs to hit texas hard but it falls on deaf ears....i can only hope no one picks up miami and i get florida to myself!

Papa LoneStar
11-17-2010, 11:30 PM
Personally....I would blame Oneback....Texas would belong to the cpu if it wasn't for him :-)

Kingpin32
11-18-2010, 12:13 AM
Sooo this all comes back to Oneback...lol

Oneback
11-18-2010, 06:17 AM
texas will probably sign them, sorry tosu :)m and you kind of made my point, texas signed 6 5*s in 4 or 5 seasons lol, in the game the state of texas has way more 5*s than normal i guess...but yes i have been trying to make iron dragon realize he needs to hit texas hard but it falls on deaf ears....i can only hope no one picks up miami and i get florida to myself!

I've got Texas as a pipeline and have been going after kids in Texas but this year Papa has beat me out for them. We'll see what next year holds.

psusnoop
11-18-2010, 06:28 AM
I have been trying to build Texas as a Pipeline, I might just get it next year with this incoming class.

PSU Done with week 2 recruiting.

JeffHCross
11-18-2010, 07:29 AM
in the game the state of texas has way more 5*s than normal i guess...No ... you missed my point. In the game, Texas hasn't been losing those 5 star players to anybody else. In real life, they do. There aren't significantly more 5-stars in the game than there were in real life ... as I said, this year matches 2009's actual recruiting for Texas.

psusnoop
11-18-2010, 08:18 AM
Well if I grab Texas as a pipeline this year I'm going to be all over Papa's backyard. I might even buy some billboards!

Papa LoneStar
11-18-2010, 10:16 AM
Haha....those billboards almost worked for LSU and Lache Seastrunk

fsuprime
11-18-2010, 10:25 AM
seastrunk had to go out west to avoid all the same problems cam newton is going through right now.

psuexv
11-18-2010, 10:37 AM
I'm sure Kingpin is hoping Seastrunk takes out some frustrations on Texas this year.

psuexv
11-18-2010, 10:58 AM
Pac 10 Preview for 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJdQCT9Z67M&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Kingpin32
11-18-2010, 11:04 AM
I'm sure Kingpin is hoping Seastrunk takes out some frustrations on Texas this year.
I most certainly am.

fsuprime
11-18-2010, 11:11 AM
lol nice work psuevx, but i cant help but thinking of the new southpark from last night with the 'shakeweight' stuff

psuexv
11-18-2010, 11:17 AM
lol - I know. The voices are terrible. The man's voice reminds me of Family Guy when the do the Stephen Hawking spoofs.

Iron Dragon
11-18-2010, 02:51 PM
Who knows what the future holds for OU.. obviously we need to figure out if we want to start senior Drew Allen or junior Blake Bell at QB, then who gets more carries at RB? Finch, Clay or incoming #3 RB Nick Webster? Can Erik Richardson lead the team in recieving again as a true sophomore?

On defense, who the heck is starting at safety? Can we replace JaMarcus McFarland and two of our top 4 DT's?

Our recruiting has had a weaker look this year with just Webster being a five-star and four four-stars, three of which are on the D-line and one at SS.

On special teams, we lost O'Hara and Way.

psuexv
11-18-2010, 02:54 PM
My bad. I thought from your Way too early depth chart you were saying Bell was a Freshman. My OU report is all messed up now.

Iron Dragon
11-18-2010, 03:02 PM
My bad. I thought from your Way too early depth chart you were saying Bell was a Freshman. My OU report is all messed up now.

I could see how you make that mistake.. by putting the "freshman?" there, that maybe a freshman will take that spot on the chart.

psusnoop
11-18-2010, 03:34 PM
who is left for week 2?

psuexv
11-18-2010, 03:52 PM
I hope nobody and OB can advance when he gets home. Then we can do week 3, Papa can do week 3 when he gets home tonight, OB can advance in the morning, Papa can do week 4 tomorrow, we can do week 4 tomorrow evening, OB can advance we do week 5, Papa does week 5 when he gets home, OB advances in the morning, Papa does players leaving in the morning....etc....etc.

Actually now that I read that back it would take us to Saturday and we should hopefully be able to finish up offseason tomorrow night. Not sure if Papa works Friday nights.

psusnoop
11-18-2010, 03:57 PM
I'm unavailable Friday night and won't be home till after PSU game.

Papa LoneStar
11-18-2010, 05:02 PM
That video was NIIIICE, E....pretty darn detailed!

psusnoop
11-18-2010, 05:12 PM
Rc and kingpin remain and Oneback also shows not done yet

Oneback
11-18-2010, 07:19 PM
I just texted both. I am done, but only used 9 hours.

Oneback
11-18-2010, 07:20 PM
KingPin is done, just waiting to hear from RC.

psusnoop
11-18-2010, 08:01 PM
Ok

psuexv
11-18-2010, 08:23 PM
That video was NIIIICE, E....pretty darn detailed!

Can you tell I'm ready for the new season?

fsuprime
11-18-2010, 09:38 PM
how long till jeffhcross gives me all his money

JeffHCross
11-18-2010, 09:45 PM
how long till jeffhcross gives me all his money :D :D :D

fsuprime
11-18-2010, 09:48 PM
just beating the drum

Oneback
11-18-2010, 10:13 PM
Advancing now.

psuexv
11-18-2010, 10:23 PM
USC is done with week 3

fsuprime
11-18-2010, 10:27 PM
FSU done with week 3

psusnoop
11-18-2010, 10:44 PM
Psu Osu and vt also done, Eric yours didn't mark ready to advance

Kingpin32
11-18-2010, 11:44 PM
I'll get mine in when I get off work.

gschwendt
11-18-2010, 11:57 PM
Done. We're just waiting on Kingpin, IronDragon, psuexv, and Papa.

Papa LoneStar
11-19-2010, 12:32 AM
Hey guys....I wanted to help speed us up to position changes tommorrow if possible. I trimmed my targets to 6....all 6 got home visits for week 3....I'm sure all 6 will make a decision on the advance to week 4....and I'll be done.

My 6 targets:
#2 ATH Joe Wilson
#3 DE Jonathan Johnson
#5 T Adrian Watkins
#8 CB Jonathan Gilliam
#8 SS Derrick Cowan
#24 DE Zach Jackson

Keep a look out for these 6....I'm REALLY only concerned about the top 4....if those 4 make a decision....I'm done and ready for position changes. Help a brother out please :-)

Oneback
11-19-2010, 06:10 AM
We are waiting on KP and ID

psuexv
11-19-2010, 08:28 AM
Psu Osu and vt also done, Eric yours didn't mark ready to advance

that's fine. I'm done, I didn't use all my time so maybe that's why. I did click it.

psuexv
11-19-2010, 08:30 AM
Hey guys....I wanted to help speed us up to position changes tommorrow if possible. I trimmed my targets to 6....all 6 got home visits for week 3....I'm sure all 6 will make a decision on the advance to week 4....and I'll be done.

My 6 targets:
#2 ATH Joe Wilson
#3 DE Jonathan Johnson
#5 T Adrian Watkins
#8 CB Jonathan Gilliam
#8 SS Derrick Cowan
#24 DE Zach Jackson

Keep a look out for these 6....I'm REALLY only concerned about the top 4....if those 4 make a decision....I'm done and ready for position changes. Help a brother out please :-)

You're right about one thing. They will make a decision by the next advance. J. Johnson and A Watkins will be Trojans.

Papa LoneStar
11-19-2010, 09:08 AM
Haha....we'll see....they bleed burnt orange and we've managed to avoid having to deal with their begging uncles. We'll see if you paid 'em off or not.... :-p

psuexv
11-19-2010, 11:16 AM
After the Reggie Bush fiasco we've learned to hide the money better.

psusnoop
11-19-2010, 11:37 AM
I'd imagine I will lose out on both guys I went after that first week, but Joe Wilson still likes PSU so this visit could be huge!

psusnoop
11-19-2010, 11:40 AM
I won't be able to do the next weeks advance recruiting till sometime after 11:30pm tonight.

Oneback
11-19-2010, 01:35 PM
No worries, I'll still be up

psusnoop
11-19-2010, 01:38 PM
OK I'm done with this weeks, but if everyone gets the next one done I'll do mine when I get home. Actually I will either way, LOL.

Oneback
11-19-2010, 02:39 PM
KingPin is done, haven't heard from ID yet.

fsuprime
11-19-2010, 02:52 PM
im loko for 4 loko

Iron Dragon
11-19-2010, 03:11 PM
Good to go.

gschwendt
11-19-2010, 03:28 PM
Wish there were a way for the Commissioner to "unlock" the week from the web, then anyone could jump on and advance the week while he still retains commissioner title.

JeffHCross
11-19-2010, 04:14 PM
#2 ATH Joe WilsonBetween his visit from Coach Papa, from Coach Snoop, and meeting Coach JeffHCross at the nearest place full of single women, I'm fairly confident he'll make SOME decision, lol.

gschwendt
11-19-2010, 04:19 PM
Between his visit to Austin, his visit to State College, and his visit to Columbus I'm fairly confident he'll make SOME decision, lol.
How do you guys convince these players to come to you? Maybe it's because I'm at lowly Wisconsin, but I always seem to have to go to them in the offseason. :/

psuexv
11-19-2010, 04:23 PM
How do you guys convince these players to come to you? Maybe it's because I'm at lowly Wisconsin, but I always seem to have to go to them in the offseason. :/

I'm in sunny California and can't get them out here. I too have to visit them.

JeffHCross
11-19-2010, 04:23 PM
How do you guys convince these players to come to you? Maybe it's because I'm at lowly Wisconsin, but I always seem to have to go to them in the offseason. :/Lol. You smartasses. Yeah ... I guess offseason visits are usually to a player. I've never been really clear on that in NCAA. I know College Hoops was to the player ... and I know in-season in NCAA is campus visits. Never really sure what offseason visits are representing in NCAA.

fsuprime
11-19-2010, 04:38 PM
Wish there were a way for the Commissioner to "unlock" the week from the web, then anyone could jump on and advance the week while he still retains commissioner title.

yea :/ if oneback would run with a 2nd name that was not tied to all of his RockBand downloads and credit cards than he could give the password to some non-working slob like me for times like this :)

Oneback
11-19-2010, 05:01 PM
might just have to do that.

JeffHCross
11-19-2010, 05:04 PM
yea :/ if oneback would run with a 2nd name that was not tied to all of his RockBand downloads and credit cards than he could give the password to some non-working slob like me for times like this :)I would say that you should just run the OD next year, but I have a feeling you'd "accidentally" advance as soon as you finished your game ;)

I would hope / predict that by next year we'll have the ability to temporarily hand over Commish powers, possibly through the web.

Papa LoneStar
11-19-2010, 05:14 PM
If I wasn't so young at safety....Joe Wilson would DEFINITELY be a free safety with that athleticism....he's gonna be at CB for the Longhorns though....my style of corner especially with his tackling abilities.

fsuprime
11-19-2010, 05:16 PM
I would say that you should just run the OD next year, but I have a feeling you'd "accidentally" advance as soon as you finished your game ;)

I would hope / predict that by next year we'll have the ability to temporarily hand over Commish powers, possibly through the web.

id definitely take over the job but im leaning towards not doing a masters degree right now and getting a job as a fixed income specialist...my uncles firm just moved into a new office in Orlando my home town and i can afford to buy a home cash in the neighborhood i grew up in so working 100% commision would not be so scary at the moment. if that happens ill be persona non-grata during working hours

psusnoop
11-19-2010, 05:45 PM
Good stuff guys, u all have me laughing about the visits, lol. I used to advance by logging into psuexv's account last year but after it messed up twice we quit doing that. He says it was me, but im sure he sabotaged me somehow.

Oneback
11-19-2010, 06:46 PM
We have advanced.

psusnoop
11-19-2010, 06:48 PM
I will recruit at 1130pm tonight

JeffHCross
11-19-2010, 06:57 PM
Snoop, Wilson went to Texas. Not sure how many other targets you had.

Ohio State is done with recruiting for Week 4 & Week 5. No more targets.

gschwendt
11-19-2010, 07:01 PM
Wisconsin is done with Week 4. I still have 3 targets remaining, though I imagine 2 will make their decision after this week.

psusnoop
11-19-2010, 07:25 PM
Boo, well that stinks. I have atleast 1

JeffHCross
11-19-2010, 08:40 PM
Boo, well that stinks. I have atleast 1Not that it matters, but I also jumped you and into 2nd place ;)

psuexv
11-19-2010, 09:25 PM
USC done with week 4. I have 2 targets left.

Iron Dragon
11-19-2010, 09:42 PM
Done with week 4.. solid pickups with a 4* CB, DT and OLB this week. Didn't see that coming.

JeffHCross
11-19-2010, 11:28 PM
I'm sure all 6 will make a decision on the advance to week 4....and I'll be done.

My 6 targets:
#2 ATH Joe Wilson
#3 DE Jonathan Johnson
#5 T Adrian Watkins
#8 CB Jonathan Gilliam
#8 SS Derrick Cowan
#24 DE Zach Jackson

Keep a look out for these 6....All six of Papa's targets, no surprise here, committed to Texas. He's done.

We're waiting on Escobar and FSU ... who's probably blacked out from the Four Loco.

Papa LoneStar
11-20-2010, 12:05 AM
Confirmed....let's just go ahead and advance to position changes :-D

JeffHCross
11-20-2010, 12:09 AM
Confirmed....let's just go ahead and advance to position changes :-DGo read the General Discussion Thread while you're being impatient :P

fsuprime
11-20-2010, 07:42 AM
lol i told oneback last night, but im done recruiting for the year got the cb and ss i wanted. and yes just spent 15 minutes dry heaving so no more 4loko for me ever. I can handle bad hangovers but not purple shit stuck to my lungs.

Oneback
11-20-2010, 08:54 AM
Only Escobar remains.

Oneback
11-20-2010, 12:42 PM
Advancing

JeffHCross
11-20-2010, 12:46 PM
Ohio State has no recruiting to do.

If someone would write down the Powerhouse schools in the Top 25 (or Top 50, your choice) on Signing Day, I would appreciate it. I should be around, but if I'm not, I'd appreciate someone getting it..

Oneback
11-20-2010, 12:49 PM
Michigan is done with this years recruiting and hoping next year is a lot better.

Oneback
11-20-2010, 12:49 PM
Ohio State has no recruiting to do.

If someone would write down the Powerhouse schools in the Top 25 (or Top 50, your choice) on Signing Day, I would appreciate it. I should be around, but if I'm not, I'd appreciate someone getting it..

I'll get it.

Oneback
11-20-2010, 12:52 PM
Texas #1
USC #2
Florida State #3
Ohio State #4
Penn State #5
Oklahoma #10
Va Tech #20
Wisconsin #23
Oregon #27
Clemson #38
Michigan #65

JeffHCross
11-20-2010, 01:16 PM
Well, I figured it might change between Week 5 and Signing Day :)

Iron Dragon
11-20-2010, 02:17 PM
We've jumped up nicely from where we started the offseason.. which was like 25th.

Papa LoneStar
11-20-2010, 02:34 PM
Who's left?

psusnoop
11-20-2010, 03:17 PM
I'm going to do mine here in 15 minutes i will post who remains

psusnoop
11-20-2010, 03:32 PM
Ok psu is done, only 4 marked ready to advance. Wisky, psu, okla, and oregon

JeffHCross
11-20-2010, 03:40 PM
Ok psu is done, only 4 marked ready to advance. Wisky, psu, okla, and oregonWell, we know OSU, Michigan, FSU and Texas are also done.

That leaves
Escobar / Clemson
PSUexv / USC
RCSinger / VT

psusnoop
11-20-2010, 06:11 PM
Are we going to try to get through offseason tonight?

JeffHCross
11-20-2010, 06:13 PM
Are we going to try to get through offseason tonight?Considering that there's been absolutely no discussion about it ... I'd guess not.

Papa LoneStar
11-20-2010, 06:16 PM
I'm down....no matter what the time is

gschwendt
11-20-2010, 06:21 PM
I'm game... someone send me a text if that's what we decide in case I'm not around the boards.

psusnoop
11-20-2010, 06:22 PM
I'm sure myself and E r good to go tonight, that would be 5 so far that can. I will G.

Kingpin32
11-20-2010, 06:23 PM
I'm working on a case study, but just shoot me a text and I'll be able to knock it all out.

psusnoop
11-20-2010, 06:38 PM
That's the sport, love it! So we have 6 committed thus far.

Papa LoneStar
11-20-2010, 07:07 PM
*crickets*

lol

Oneback
11-20-2010, 07:08 PM
I know RC was busy today and was going to be away for most of the day. I am on my way up to Denton but would be up for advancing through the rest of the off-season around 10-10:30 if everyone is available then.

JeffHCross
11-20-2010, 07:12 PM
I know RC was busy today and was going to be away for most of the day.Yeah, RC's my primary concern with availability.

Papa LoneStar
11-20-2010, 07:13 PM
10 sounds good

psusnoop
11-20-2010, 07:20 PM
I'm good with it being late like that, actually works better because I'm going to be busy putting kids to sleep from now till then.

psusnoop
11-20-2010, 07:21 PM
Can RC do it late? Wow that just sounds wrong....

JeffHCross
11-20-2010, 07:28 PM
Can RC do it late? Wow that just sounds wrong....

http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp132/Evil_Rich/Waterboy_2.jpg

psusnoop
11-20-2010, 07:42 PM
Lol, love it

Escobar
11-20-2010, 07:46 PM
I might not be able to do it depending on if I go out tonight. OneBack just text me later on.

psuexv
11-20-2010, 07:56 PM
I should be available. The boy is at the grandparents so the wife and I got dinner and a movie but I'm back now.

psusnoop
11-20-2010, 08:09 PM
I should be available. The boy is at the grandparents so the wife and I got dinner and a movie but I'm back now.

Oh boy, sleep over for the boy? I can't get my kids to sleep over anywhere right now. They always say, I love my house.

Escobar, grab a case of Mickey's and anything else you need for the night and sit back and enjoy some NCAA!

Oneback
11-20-2010, 08:28 PM
I got back early, but I still haven't heard from RC about joining us.

psusnoop
11-20-2010, 08:31 PM
I have my rc chants playing in background.

psuexv
11-20-2010, 08:54 PM
I thought we were advanced to position changes? Freakin Alabama somehow jumped me for the #2 MLB commit and signed him all in one week.

psusnoop
11-20-2010, 08:56 PM
Ur contract must have been overbid by bama, maybe u should have included a condo?

psuexv
11-20-2010, 09:17 PM
Ur contract must have been overbid by bama, maybe u should have included a condo?

I know... And I told his Mama I'd get her a part on a soap out here.

Oneback
11-20-2010, 09:18 PM
RC said he's good with 10 central.

Papa LoneStar
11-20-2010, 09:25 PM
lol @ Snoop

psusnoop
11-20-2010, 09:31 PM
Hehehe, Ob did u text Tommy as well?

JeffHCross
11-20-2010, 09:43 PM
Hehehe, Ob did u text Tommy as well?I'm pretty sure he has a mass mailing list that goes to everyone, lol.

Oneback
11-20-2010, 09:44 PM
Final Recruiting Rankings:

Texas 1
USC 2
Florida State 3
Ohio Sate 4
Oklahoma 6
Penn State 7
Oregon 20
Va Tech 25
Wisconsin 34
Clemson 42
Michigan 86

JeffHCross
11-20-2010, 09:47 PM
Yeah ... I only have eleventy-billion position changes to make ...

Oneback
11-20-2010, 09:55 PM
I guess the good news is that I only have 5 seniors on my roster...bad news is that I only have 52 total players on my roster.

psuexv
11-20-2010, 09:56 PM
They really need to have training results after position changes. Too many times I've moved a tackle or guard to a different position and then the 2nd stringer progresses better.

psusnoop
11-20-2010, 09:56 PM
Wow that is crazy, 52 double wow

Kingpin32
11-20-2010, 09:58 PM
I have a bunch of cuts to make.

Oneback
11-20-2010, 09:59 PM
Yeah, after the 2011 season (and good recruiting class of 19) I cut all the dead weight from my roster hoping I would have another good class, well I only signed 8 guys and this is what I get.

I need to have a good deep class next season I Michigan may be in big trouble.

Oneback
11-20-2010, 10:08 PM
FSU cannot make it, I think he's at the FSU game. We will have to try again tomorrow I guess.

psuexv
11-20-2010, 10:14 PM
FSU cannot make it, I think he's at the FSU game. We will have to try again tomorrow I guess.

The games in Maryland.

Oneback
11-20-2010, 10:24 PM
Not sure then, he said he could get on at 2am though.

gschwendt
11-20-2010, 11:43 PM
ID didn't mark himself completed for position changes but I'm fairly certain he completed it. I know he was on doing them so I assume he finished.

fsuprime
11-20-2010, 11:58 PM
cousins bday party/bbq/football game..back now doing position changes

fsuprime
11-21-2010, 12:02 AM
fsu done, 3* juco wr came in at 86 ovr so did my 4* juco RB :)

psusnoop
11-21-2010, 12:27 AM
So training is next then cuts correct?

JeffHCross
11-21-2010, 12:29 AM
So training is next then cuts correct?Yep.

I concur with G that ID should be done with Position Changes. He was talking about his team with me, G, and Papa yet was already out of the OD when I left the chat.

Escobar mentioned in the chat that he has no cuts to make.

OB, if I'm up when you advance the OD, I'll hop on and do a quick summary of the notable training results. I think it took me 20-30 min last year, and I should be faster this year.

Oneback
11-21-2010, 06:49 AM
Getting on to advance now.

psusnoop
11-21-2010, 07:12 AM
sweet, I have a bowling tourney here in less then an hour. If I'm not here for cuts, feel free to advance and let the CPU do mine. The CPU should cut two walk ons with the way I did position changes anyways. Heck actually I might not have to make cuts.

JeffHCross
11-21-2010, 07:28 AM
Noteable Training Results (Player, Progression, new OVR)
Clemson: OLB Smith +6 (87), RT Thomas +5 (86), DT Barnes +5 (86), LG Blanks +5 (85), HB Buice +6 (79)
Florida State: SS Harley +5 (94), WR Smith +7 (94), WR Dent +5 (92), HB Thompson +5 (92), RT Gaines +6 (92), CB Bentley +6 (90), DT Smith +6 (87)
Michigan: HB Toussaint +5 (98), HB Cleveland +5 (92), RG Washington +6 (92), OLB Logan +6 (92), C Sykes +6 (91), QB Gardner +5 (90)
Ohio State: HB Montgomery +5 (95), DT Bell +6 (91), C Murphy +5 (90), QB Jermaine +5 (88), MLB Katzenmoyer +5 (86), WR Rambo +6 (85)
Oklahoma: C Ikard +5 (94), WR Stils +5 (93), FS Roberson +5 (86), QB Bell +5 (86), RT Kearney +7 (86)
Oregon: HB Seastrunk +5 (91), QB Bennett +5 (87), WR Cantu +5 (86), DE Hart +5 (85), LG Thompson +7 (78)
Penn State: LG Shrive +5 (95), WR Brown +7 (94), MLB Fitzpatrick +5 (90) (SERIOUSLY?!), LOLB Fortt +5 (90), HB Dukes +5 (89), FB Chambers +6 (89), QB Goins +6 (88), DT Sullivan +6 (88), K Covington +6 (86)
Texas: WR Davis +5 (91), DT Howell +5 (91), HB Campbell +6 (91), DT Gibson +5 (90), QB McDaniel +5 (90), HB Hopkins +5 (89), QB Johnson +7 (87)
USC: WR Prater +6 (97), QB Walker +6 (92), RT Jones +7 (91), P Campbell +8 (91), MLB Taylor +6 (90), SS Miller +6 (88)
Virginia Tech: QB Booth +6 (89), P Pope +8 (89), DE Arnold +5 (88), CB Leach +7 (88), DE McCray +5 (85)
Wisconsin: C Handy +6 (87), K Merritt +5 (86), DE Wilson +5 (85), FS Chavis +5 (84)

90+ OVR Players
Clemson: 0
Florida State: 10
Michigan: 12
Ohio State: 6
Oklahoma: 5
Oregon: 3
Penn State: 10
Texas: 7
USC: 7
Virginia Tech: 1
Wisconsin: 4

Oneback
11-21-2010, 07:35 AM
Advancing to Cut Players

fsuprime
11-21-2010, 07:45 AM
done

Iron Dragon
11-21-2010, 08:25 AM
Really like how my freshman safety Roberson got to a 86.. that is huge for a weak secondary.

Papa LoneStar
11-21-2010, 08:38 AM
97 thp 95 tha at 90 ovr for Carlos McDaniel as a redshirt freshman....no more excuses with my user vs user QB play

psuexv
11-21-2010, 08:58 AM
USC is done with cuts. It says we are waiting on Escobar snoop g rc kp. Snoop and Escobar said they were ready.

gschwendt
11-21-2010, 11:35 AM
I forgot to say it earlier but I've finished with Player Cuts. I don't remember who all remains though.

Oneback
11-21-2010, 01:26 PM
I am advancing, those that were left had below 60 players on their roster.