PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football 11 - Dynasty Blog 1 of 3: Phone Call

BlindRedBaron
05-18-2010, 10:38 AM
You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?151-Dynasty-Blog-1-of-3-Phone-Call

BlindRedBaron
05-18-2010, 10:50 AM
I think everything looks really slick. I love how much simpler and transparent everything in recruiting seems now with this new phone call system. Additionally, it introduces a whole new level of strategy to recruiting (how many topics do you want to cover, when should you change topics, when should you use an out, and a clear overview of the point distribution).

Plus, we get our first look at the new interface and the really awesome looking ESPN ticker at the bottom.

duckfan4
05-18-2010, 10:56 AM
I think that this is a huge upgrade from the previous games. I personally like how you can now see why you're moving up or down on the recruit's list. I agree that it does make the recruiting process more of strategy thing instead of just selecting quick call and hoping for the best. This makes the recruiting process much more realistic and enjoyable IMO. Great news! Can't wait for the 2nd and 3rd part of the recruiting update!

AustinWolv
05-18-2010, 10:57 AM
Certainly looks pretty, but my reading comprehension must suck today, as I really feel I need to actually play with it to figure out what is going on......

It appears you'll be able to budget your time better, instead of attacking a topic in past years and not having an idea of what it will 'cost' you.

The change to Compare instead of Downplay looks like it could make for some good fun late in the season when the lists are pared down and you know the main competition for a recruit, as well as online dynasty humans fighting over recruits. :)

Also, you can no longer reschedule visits.
This seems like a bit of a constraint now in that you don't want to bring recruits in too early potentially.

JBHuskers
05-18-2010, 11:05 AM
Yeah it is very slick. The very first thing I liked about the whole recruiting interface was the call recap screen. Really liked that to wrap up the phone call.

I also like how you can see your progression of all of our pitches and actions up on the top, along with your instant feedback after that pitch.

The compare pitch with a different school is very handy as well so you can instantly see if you should try to recruit against a school or not. And as you said there is a new level of strategy where you can try to change the topic or just go to make a promise to try to optimize your phone call.

At the community day, I definitely had a blast with the recruiting. Russ was challenging me to try to just do hard sells only to see if I would succeed. And I wasn't really. So it is going to be a fun challenge.

BlindRedBaron
05-18-2010, 11:05 AM
The quick overview is:

Each week you pick which recruits you want to speak to, and how many topics (10 mins each) you want to cover with each recruit.

When you enter the call, it takes you to a random topic. You have 5 options of how to handle the topic (6 including change topic; but you only get three of those per week). The goal is to maximize points, and point are determined by how good your school is, how important it is to the recruit, and how you chose to handle the topic.

One of the real cool things is the point overview to see how far you are behind the other schools.

Does that help your understanding?

Solidice
05-18-2010, 11:10 AM
looks really good. I like that they added the promises to be used during the season and not just off-season, and that they limited them. hopefully they'll not be bugged like the last couple years.

duckfan4
05-18-2010, 11:12 AM
I also like how you can see your progression of all of our pitches and actions up on the top, along with your instant feedback after that pitch.

At the community day, I definitely had a blast with the recruiting. Russ was challenging me to try to just do hard sells only to see if I would succeed. And I wasn't really. So it is going to be a fun challenge.

^^^^ This.

BlindRedBaron
05-18-2010, 11:13 AM
Hey JB, in previous years quick calls have often been nearly counter-effective. Did you happen to check out the quick call at CD? If so, was it at least relatively but not quite as effective as if you had done the call?

JBHuskers
05-18-2010, 11:20 AM
I was having so much fun doing the regular calls, I didn't mess with quick call because I was really trying to get through a whole season doing my own plan of recruiting (and time constraints only got me through half a season).

texacotea
05-18-2010, 11:29 AM
I like the new look, but I think there was something about trying to find out what pitch each recruit liked and what they liked most. Also correct me if im wrong but I can only use 1hr on a recruit right?

Also CD guys did you see any small schools getting big time recruits? I know in the OD I was in I pulled the #1 recruit 3 yrs in a row with Troy.

JeffHCross
05-18-2010, 11:30 AM
Definitely going to be a huge change. No more 3 hours to one recruit for me.

JB, would appreciate you answering this or not ... depending on how I want to read the blog, it seems like either I can select each of the topics I want to touch on, or I just select the number and then get them Russian Roulette style. I'm relatively certain I'm misreading, but the blog isn't entirely clear.

On another topic, found out I can get to the site from work. That's actually a shock ... a pleasant surprise at that.

BlindRedBaron
05-18-2010, 11:31 AM
Right, you can have up to six topics per recruit, and each topic takes up 10 minutes

Kwizzy
05-18-2010, 11:35 AM
Sounds promising... I definitely like the idea of what they've added/changed. Of course I'll reserve my judgement until I've tried it but it seems like they're heading in a good direction. I really like that you can now make promises at any point in the season. I've thought since they added promises that this needed to be the case. How often do smaller schools land a big time recruit because they promise them the chance to start/play immediately.

I really hope that the next 2 dynasty updates are about changes completely unrelated to recruiting. It seems like that is the only area of dynasty that has been changed in awhile. I really hope to see some other aspects overhauled (offseason training, gameplanning/ scouting, etc..).

Overall, a really nice start though! :D

JBHuskers
05-18-2010, 11:42 AM
I like the new look, but I think there was something about trying to find out what pitch each recruit liked and what they liked most. Also correct me if im wrong but I can only use 1hr on a recruit right?

Also CD guys did you see any small schools getting big time recruits? I know in the OD I was in I pulled the #1 recruit 3 yrs in a row with Troy.

Should be tougher as you're not going to get as many points unless you're rated highly in a certain category, and you're able to pitch that category to the recruit.

Definitely going to be a huge change. No more 3 hours to one recruit for me.

JB, would appreciate you answering this or not ... depending on how I want to read the blog, it seems like either I can select each of the topics I want to touch on, or I just select the number and then get them Russian Roulette style. I'm relatively certain I'm misreading, but the blog isn't entirely clear.

On another topic, found out I can get to the site from work. That's actually a shock ... a pleasant surprise at that.

You can do up to six actions....scholarship, promise, or pitch....the pitches come at you randomly.

JBHuskers
05-18-2010, 11:44 AM
Should be tougher as you're not going to get as many points unless you're rated highly in a certain category, and you're able to pitch that category to the recruit.

You can do up to six actions....scholarship, promise, or pitch....the pitches come at you randomly.

The strategy involved is either using one of your skips, throwing in a promise, or just offering a scholarship on the spot for those pitches that are not strong points of your school.

Kwizzy
05-18-2010, 11:52 AM
The strategy involved is either using one of your skips, throwing in a promise, or just offering a scholarship on the spot for those pitches that are not strong points of your school.

So if you "change the subject" does that count as one of the "pitches" you spent 10 minutes on or is it replaced with another?

pbplayer178
05-18-2010, 11:52 AM
I like the new interface, but the actual calls were never a problem for me. I'd like to see recruiting be a little harder and maybe be able to see hard verbal recruits decommit. I'm excited to see what else they added to dynasty because the only other major thing I can think of is coaching carousel, but I would be shocked if they added that this year.

AustinWolv
05-18-2010, 11:53 AM
When you enter the call, it takes you to a random topic...............the pitches come at you randomly.
Yes, this is what I was questioning earlier. Thanks for clarifying.

One of the real cool things is the point overview to see how far you are behind the other schools.
Agreed.
Previously, the intuition was there if you were in the bottom 1/3 of a Top10 to avoid wasting your time unless you felt like dumping a lot of effort into a guy but being in the middle 1/3 of the Top10 was feasible, so having an actual point value when you are middle of the pack to know if you are at that 'cutoff' of being too far behind or not is helpful.

JBHuskers
05-18-2010, 11:54 AM
So if you "change the subject" does that count as one of the "pitches" you spent 10 minutes on or is it replaced with another?

It counts as one of the 3 skips you have per phone call.

gschwendt
05-18-2010, 12:01 PM
I really enjoyed the changes they made to recruiting this year. It definitely makes it more challenging which is a welcome change.

The change subject doesn't use any of your pitch time. Rather, it allows you to change the subject. What the subject changed to is random, however on occasion, you'll be able to pick the topic. So, if you have 3 really good topics you want to talk about and they don't come up in random, you have might have the chance to pick one of those topics.

It basically acts like a normal conversation with the recruit leading most of the direction of that conversation.

Kwizzy
05-18-2010, 12:03 PM
It counts as one of the 3 skips you have per phone call.

So say I said I wanted to spend 60 minutes on a call, that gives me 6 "pitches" to go over. If I use 1 of my 3 skips on the first topic that comes up, I still have 6 topics to go over just 1 less skip topic to use?

gschwendt
05-18-2010, 12:04 PM
So say I said I wanted to spend 60 minutes on a call, that gives me 6 "pitches" to go over. If I use 1 of my 3 skips on the first topic that comes up, I still have 6 topics to go over just 1 less skip topic to use?
That's right.

coogrfan
05-18-2010, 12:11 PM
There are several posters over at OS who are disapointed because they feel this point system takes some of the mystery and excitement out of the recruitng process (" I hope its not like, oh I have 500 points and the other team has 499 points so I automatically win.").

I would be interested to know the CD guys thoughts on this.

JBHuskers
05-18-2010, 12:20 PM
There are several posters over at OS who are disapointed because they feel this point system takes some of the mystery and excitement out of the recruitng process (" I hope its not like, oh I have 500 points and the other team has 499 points so I automatically win.").

Considering the fact that you don't know how well the other school has done that day, it really doesn't take much of the mystery and excitement out of it. You still had a good hold on where you were before, this just adds a number of how much you're behind the other school.

It's actually better because then you can find out better if you're wasting your time or not.

gschwendt
05-18-2010, 01:18 PM
Exactly... and if I remember correctly, it's not like it's a race to the same exact amount of points with every recruit. Again, going off of memory, higher profile recruits will require more recruiting points to sign (I don't think you ever know the specific number). But like JB mentioned, you might have a call that earns you 500 points while your competition earns 200 (number random).

I may not remember the specifics correctly but I will say that I definitely enjoyed recruiting much more at CD than I have in the recent past. Granted we didn't run any competitive ODs in order to compete for recruits but it certainly felt like it would balance things much better not only for the human competitive but also give the CPU a chance to compete.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
05-18-2010, 01:49 PM
love it... recruits do dictate the recruiting process in real life, and should in the game... coaches are there to convince them of things, but the recruit is the one that leaves the coach hanging more times than not... i would even like to see next year where the recruits just schedule their own visits based on rivalry, and their rank etc... would be great to see that since that is the process anyways...

absolutely love the numbers/points as a total... like i said on utopia, good to have a tangible goal, and not just some "mystery" of a slider as referred to before, but in staying with my previous statements above, the more realistic is the "mystery meter" b/c i just dont see Chris Peterson ending a phone call saying "if you were to give me points, and give Texas points, how many would i be trailing by?" lol... but hey... glad we have them for this year at least...

cant wait to fight for a guy in OD with this new setup... especially with the new compare instead of the retarded downplay that doesnt even really work...

::EDIT::

REALLY REALLY REALLY hope they announce that they are taking away hard commit... b/c so many kids bounce around and even SHOCK certain schools on signing day and at the Army game... it just seems dumb that if were trailing by only 5 points in week 1 and a 5* hard commits to a rival school in conference that we dont have any sway over their choice even if we beat that rival... would love to see the de-commit come into play... that will REALLY piss some people off... seems like it would be easy to do, since point totals are based off prestige/stars, performance etc from what (i think i understood) i read in that blog... so say Tennessee locks in a nice RB week 2 and he is 5* and i was only behind them by 25 points, in NCAA 10 im out of luck, would be nice that if i make the right promises, and beat Tennessee as say UGA, that recruit would be impressed enough to sway over to the dark side...??? would love to see this, i think it would really fire up OD rivalries BIG BIG BIG TIME... then the games mean so much more in terms of that season, and future...

/end of EDIT

"E"

BlindRedBaron
05-18-2010, 02:43 PM
Agreed that de-commits would be more realistic to college football. My concern is that there's no real easy way to implement that. If pulling a recruit away from another school after a commit were too easy, it'd defeat the purpose of recruiting. On the flip side, if it's too hard, there won't be enough de-commits for it to be "realistic".

So, I think there's a balance there, but everyone has a different scale that they'd want. If I worked really hard for a recruit, got him to commit, just to have him change his mind at the last minute, I'd be pissed (and YES this is exactly what coaches feel like in real life). The problem is, you want it recruiting in a video game to be engaging, straightforward, and to mean something. If we take away the "hard commit" I think it creates a fog around the process being straightforward, and it may leave many people feeling that it's useless.

But I definitely understand where you're coming from Pistol and it was a good post. Those are just my two cents :)

Coachdenz
05-18-2010, 02:48 PM
I don't want to sound like a Debbie Downer and all, because the info seems pretty good on recruiting, but I'm ready for something else in Dynasty mode besides recruiting upgrades. Here's holding out hope for this year.

and Pistol I agree on the hard commit, I hope you can still pull the recruit even if he is a Hard commit.

Kwizzy
05-18-2010, 03:00 PM
I'm with the Baron on this subject, I understand it would be more realistic but that crosses the line for me personally with how realistic I might want it. Personally I'm fine with the current "Hard Commit/Soft Commit" system. Perhaps there could be more soft commits & for a longer period of time before they hard commit & that would help with the "realism". I just like to know that my work meant something concrete at some point.

And Coachdenz, I couldn't agree more on the other dynasty updates. Personally, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Spring Ball/ Offseason Training where I can have an impact on the development of my team.

Iron Dragon
05-18-2010, 03:02 PM
From the looks of it, those stupid faces are gone. I think the interface looks better and hopefully the process of recruiting is too.

JBHuskers
05-18-2010, 03:13 PM
I don't want to sound like a Debbie Downer and all, because the info seems pretty good on recruiting, but I'm ready for something else in Dynasty mode besides recruiting upgrades. Here's holding out hope for this year.

and Pistol I agree on the hard commit, I hope you can still pull the recruit even if he is a Hard commit.

Notice how this is only blog one of three? We're not even close to being done yet. There. My first tease on The Gaming Tailgate :)

BlindRedBaron
05-18-2010, 03:20 PM
I'm with the Baron on this subject, I understand it would be more realistic but that crosses the line for me personally with how realistic I might want it. Personally I'm fine with the current "Hard Commit/Soft Commit" system. Perhaps there could be more soft commits & for a longer period of time before they hard commit & that would help with the "realism". I just like to know that my work meant something concrete at some point.

And Coachdenz, I couldn't agree more on the other dynasty updates. Personally, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Spring Ball/ Offseason Training where I can have an impact on the development of my team.

Definitely longer "soft commit" periods would help with the realism and act as a medium between the extremes.

Since they labelled it "Dynasty Blog 1 of 3" I'm sure there will be more updates outside of recruiting in the coming weeks. I'm definitely hoping for gameplanning/off-season events and even maybe more in-depth coaching (may be a stretch).

For them to be confident enough to separate them into 3 blogs, the other 2 must have something good. ;)

Coachdenz
05-18-2010, 03:22 PM
I just hope your teasing outside of recruiting.....8 )

Coachdenz
05-18-2010, 04:04 PM
Looks as if the FCS schools are still in FCS EAST 17 Air Force 35

steelerfan
05-18-2010, 04:07 PM
I just hope your teasing outside of recruiting.....8 )

It is Dynasty Blog 1 of 3, not Recruiting Blog 1 of 3 so I think you're definitely going to get more about Dynasty than just 3 Recruiting updates.

I think this looks very good. I can already see where being given a bad set of topics can make recruiting much more difficult. Woo-hoo!

I'd love to have a coaching carousel. I think that , if we don't get it this year, we will in 12 since it was on the ballot this year.

I'd also like to know if they've done anything to clean up the Sim Engine. Having only QBs and WRs win the Heisman because of bad sim stats was a bummer last year.

Kwizzy
05-18-2010, 04:13 PM
Damn JB, I thought maybe new surroundings, new site, new outlook on these teases... At the least I thought it might get you off balance & get ya to slip up a little and spill something early. You've proven once again that you can drive me NUTS with these teases! :mad:

Coachdenz
05-18-2010, 04:30 PM
It is Dynasty Blog 1 of 3, not Recruiting Blog 1 of 3 so I think you're definitely going to get more about Dynasty than just 3 Recruiting updates.

I think this looks very good. I can already see where being given a bad set of topics can make recruiting much more difficult. Woo-hoo!

I'd love to have a coaching carousel. I think that , if we don't get it this year, we will in 12 since it was on the ballot this year.

I'd also like to know if they've done anything to clean up the Sim Engine. Having only QBs and WRs win the Heisman because of bad sim stats was a bummer last year.
you never know with EA. a few years ago they said revolutionary Dynasty, when they should have said Revolutionary Recruiting. I hope your right about the 1 of 3 Dynasty updates, but I'm not holding my breath for anything other than recruiting updates. Which is fine, I will still be buying the game.

steelerfan
05-18-2010, 04:36 PM
Notice how this is only blog one of three? We're not even close to being done yet. There. My first tease on The Gaming Tailgate :)

^^^ Read this again Coachdenz. I don't think JB would say this if he knew just more recruiting changes were coming.:cool:

Coachdenz
05-18-2010, 05:00 PM
^^^ Read this again Coachdenz. I don't think JB would say this if he knew just more recruiting changes were coming.:cool:

Yeah I know, guess I'm just trying to keep my guard up. That way anything other than recruiting will be icing on the cake!

Jayrah
05-18-2010, 05:32 PM
Ya'll really should get off the "EA we're talking about" kick. It's clearly not the same as the past seasons, in any phase of the game. Not saying you can't be cautiously pessemistic, or have an opinion, but... (squint) ***Also not saying you should stop saying it if you believe it, I just don't understand the pessemism based on past seasons is all. Just my 2 cents, not a personal attack***

Based on the CD guys' thoughts, and the limitation in time spent this year, it will be more difficult to land several Big Time Recruits unless you are a top tier team. This is great. More strategy in going after recruits as well, based on (1) Team needs and (2) Your team philosophy, as far as what type of team you want to build based on your offensive system. This will make building a program around a philosophy fun for the first time in forever.

Questions for CD guys: (1) Is there still the top 35 recruit board? (2) Is there any change to the cpu assistance this year: Do your cpu "coaches" still go after and recruit non attended players if you've used all your alotted time? I've always thought if you used your time up, that your assistant coaches shouldn't have any opportunity to 'assist' you that week. However they would add recruits and apparently recruit them anonymously, which I never liked because inevitably they would sign 1* recruits that I NEVER talked too, or even knew existed. If I don't offer a scholarship, they shouldn't be able to sign until they walk-on. Thanks guys

joshuahuskers
05-18-2010, 05:38 PM
Sounds pretty cool, but, I'm a little disappointed the topics come at your randomly. I can see the recruit wanting to talk about what's important to him (even if my school sucks at it, so then I'm SOL), but if it's low on the recruits priority list, and my school sucks at it, why would it even come up in conversation? I think the recruit should steer things towards his priorities, while I should be able to try to steer the conversation towards what my school is good at. Or maybe it is like that, and the "new topics" aren't completely random?

Deuce
05-18-2010, 06:06 PM
I'm excited about the changes. Anything that changes things up. At the very least it'll take a season to become a 'good' recruiter which improves dynasty.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
05-18-2010, 06:53 PM
Sounds pretty cool, but, I'm a little disappointed the topics come at your randomly. I can see the recruit wanting to talk about what's important to him (even if my school sucks at it, so then I'm SOL), but if it's low on the recruits priority list, and my school sucks at it, why would it even come up in conversation? I think the recruit should steer things towards his priorities, while I should be able to try to steer the conversation towards what my school is good at. Or maybe it is like that, and the "new topics" aren't completely random?

you have to remember, if he starts off with something low, use one of your 3 "outs" and see if he will follow... they start it, but you can still direct them... as for the clarity of everything, i think a chat session would be good for them to do because this blog is "ok" but not the clearest thing ever presented...

maybe they will drop one on us soon...

"E"

Kwizzy
05-18-2010, 07:19 PM
as for the clarity of everything, i think a chat session would be good for them to do because this blog is "ok" but not the clearest thing ever presented...

maybe they will drop one on us soon...

"E"

If I was EA, I might even take this one step further & release a video showing someone making a couple of calls to recruits. Seems like that could clear up things more than any chat could.

Coachdenz
05-18-2010, 07:37 PM
yes a video would be good, after reading this at lunch and thinking about it makes me wonder if I will like it this way or the old way better....guess it don't matter. I just really want to see Coaches get involved in this game in some form, recruiting is about relationships with Players and Coaches so I like being able to spend a ton of time on players in NCAA 10 where I can only spend what 1 hour now, this might take some getting use to.

Rudy
05-18-2010, 08:16 PM
I like the new screens. I also like the fact that the recruits can dictate part of the conversation. Adds a different twist. Sounds good so far.

I really hope discipline makes a return to. I loved that in the past. Just don't limit me to how many points I can use to discipline my players. Let me be a hard ass and just have that affect my coaching reputation.

Jayrah
05-18-2010, 08:45 PM
yes a video would be good, after reading this at lunch and thinking about it makes me wonder if I will like it this way or the old way better....guess it don't matter. I just really want to see Coaches get involved in this game in some form, recruiting is about relationships with Players and Coaches so I like being able to spend a ton of time on players in NCAA 10 where I can only spend what 1 hour now, this might take some getting use to.

Not sure what a video would tell you that isn't clear. This is the 1st blog that REALLY went in depth about everything they talked about. I loved it.

Coaching is about relationships, but the ncaa has time and numerical constraints on calls and visits. This simulates ncaa regulations well. Not to mention, now that you can go through 1 topic in 10 minutes, you don't have to worry too much about spending that time. In previous seasons, you could spend 40 minutes or an hour on 1 topic, and then you went to next topic if you had enough time. Now you get to manage time per topic. You don't lose the topic effectiveness, you can now just put 10 minutes into the topic instead of a random amount.

cdj
05-18-2010, 08:52 PM
This new system does take some time to get used to, but I think people will like it. A video would probably help explain it a little more clearly. I know when I first saw it at the CE, I had Ben Haumiller sitting next to me and I had him walk me through it. I'm sure either EA, or a media site (or community member) who gets the game early, will put up a vid so it becomes easier to grasp.

JeffHCross
05-18-2010, 09:49 PM
From the looks of it, those stupid faces are gone. I think the interface looks better and hopefully the process of recruiting is too.Thank goodness.

Notice how this is only blog one of three? We're not even close to being done yet. There. My first tease on The Gaming Tailgate :)You f-ing woman. I swear dude.

J/k, the first thing I noticed was that it was Blog 1 of 3. Can't wait.

Not sure what a video would tell you that isn't clear.It's all clear, but a video couldn't hurt. When you're talking about a completely new interface, seeing it in action is always a plus. As well, if you look back through some of the replies (including mine), there were some aspects that, while the blog made clear, wasn't 100% understood. Namely topics coming at random, how the Skips work, etc.

It all makes sense, but it's a lot to take in. Especially because, in a way, everything we learned the past two years is gone.

Jayrah
05-19-2010, 01:36 AM
It's all clear, but a video couldn't hurt. When you're talking about a completely new interface, seeing it in action is always a plus. As well, if you look back through some of the replies (including mine), there were some aspects that, while the blog made clear, wasn't 100% understood. Namely topics coming at random, how the Skips work, etc.

It all makes sense, but it's a lot to take in. Especially because, in a way, everything we learned the past two years is gone.

Idk, read it more than once? LOL. No, I joke, you're right a vid couldn't hurt. Actually I was ALL sorts of confused until about 2/3 of the way through, and then it all made sense as it tied together. :)

cdj
05-19-2010, 07:09 AM

That's a good question. I'm not sure there's a clear-cut answer.

While some of the mystery is gone, there needed to be an improved way of telling how far behind you are in recruiting. Right now, it was tough to tell how far behind you were according to the meters except by the colors - but then you could only get a general feel of where you stood.

With the new system, I think there's still a lot of mystery in knowing how far behind you can be yet still work and land a recruit. It will now be tougher considering you can't talk to one recruit for hours on end each week. It'll be interesting to see who can land a coveted recruit when trailing by hundreds of points mid-season.

JB and G were also correct in that you have to remember that the CPU will be recruiting players each week as well, so even if you trail by 499 and get 500 points, you could still go into next week down 499 (or more or less).

At first I wasn't sure I liked the points showing, but it grew on me during the event. Who knows how that plays out for an entire Dynasty Mode though. If the CPU recruiting is aggressive and coherent in its attack, I don't think it will be a huge issue.

Kwizzy
05-19-2010, 07:18 AM
If the CPU recruiting is aggressive and coherent in its attack, I don't think it will be a huge issue.

I think for me, that's the only thing left that I would really like to see improved in recruiting. If the CPU can recruit at least semi-realistically & make it tougher for me to land a class full of 4 & 5 star guys that's enough. I'm interested to see how all this plays out. The more I think about this blog, the more sense it makes to me. Sounds like it should work out nicely.

CDJ you wanna throw your hat into the JB style tease business & give us something to pick apart for these other 2 dynasty blogs to come? :cool:

cdj
05-19-2010, 07:24 AM
CDJ you wanna throw your hat into the JB style tease business & give us something to pick apart for these other 2 dynasty blogs to come? :cool:

Ha, no. :) I want you guys to be caught off-guard for each and every announcement.

Coachdenz
05-19-2010, 08:13 AM
Ha, no. :) I want you guys to be caught off-guard for each and every announcement.

I think that's a tease right there:)

Jayrah
05-19-2010, 08:10 PM
I posted this thought on the recruiting on Utopia moments ago:
They didn't expand so I doubt that any promises were added, but I wonder what it would be like to have some promises be for the CURRENT season, while your recruiting them. Or at least tie it into the promise for next season. For example I promise a kid in week 5 that we are going to win X-amount of games this year, and we're building, and by his JR year we'll be at least top #15 and win a conference title. Something to that effect.

And separately on the PLUS side of that CDJ (non) tease, I think that means the other 2 won't be about recruiting. :D

champ195797
05-19-2010, 10:12 PM
I'm excited about the changes and hopefully we'll get a video soon

champ195797
05-19-2010, 10:16 PM

LOL i guess that only works on JB

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
05-19-2010, 10:40 PM
CDJ is classy, and doesnt tease easily... on the other hand JB is a tease like the ones that your parent warn you about in high school...

http://www.phillystreetbikes.com/forums/images/smilies/smilies2/slut.gif

=)

"E"

JBHuskers
05-20-2010, 09:25 AM
CDJ is classy, and doesnt tease easily... on the other hand JB is a tease like the ones that your parent warn you about in high school...

http://www.phillystreetbikes.com/forums/images/smilies/smilies2/slut.gif

=)

"E"

I feel somewhat honored being called that LOL

texacotea
05-20-2010, 09:37 AM
I feel somewhat honored being called that LOL

you do work at a strip club

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
05-20-2010, 09:42 AM

lol @ that... i toned it down and made a "tease" one more suitable for public forums... =)

"E"

JBHuskers
05-20-2010, 09:57 AM

This is true....

lol @ that... i toned it down and made a "tease" one more suitable for public forums... =)

"E"

eh....no biggie....

JBHuskers
05-20-2010, 10:00 AM
One of the first things I thought of at the Community Day when I got into recruiting was "awe man the football dude was gone" ... mainly because I thought it was a great feedback tool. Well then once I dug into the new style of recruiting...I didn't miss that goofy bastard. The devs hated him as well, so it was a matter of time before the poor guy got his pink slip from the game.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
05-20-2010, 10:02 AM
"awe man the football dude was gone"

i cant stand that stupid football... he can get so pissy so quick...

"E"

JeffHCross
05-20-2010, 10:31 AM
Not if you know the tricks ;)

Though the last few weeks in our dynasty, Pistol, I noticed I was pissing him off a lot more often. Dunno what changed.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
05-20-2010, 10:44 AM
Not if you know the tricks ;)

Though the last few weeks in our dynasty, Pistol, I noticed I was pissing him off a lot more often. Dunno what changed.

my wife bought me Lane Kiffins recruiting guide... ive been telling these recruits all kinds of stuff 42

"E"

Schauwn
05-20-2010, 10:47 AM
It doesn't matter if its true...just as long as it sounds good, right?

jaymo76
05-24-2010, 03:22 PM
i cant stand that stupid football... he can get so pissy so quick...

"E"

+1000 The football drove me nuts... can we say bi-polar!

JBHuskers
05-24-2010, 03:43 PM
+1000 The football drove me nuts... can we say bi-polar!

Hell I liked it, mainly because it was a good barometer of how the call was going :)

jaymo76
05-24-2010, 04:08 PM
Hell I liked it, mainly because it was a good barometer of how the call was going :)

True enough, but it was just so random in how quick it would get upset. It's too bad there wasn't more of an organic nature to the discussion.

JBHuskers
05-24-2010, 05:26 PM
True enough, but it was just so random in how quick it would get upset. It's too bad there wasn't more of an organic nature to the discussion.

Well it's gonna be different in 11, and for the better. I had a lot of fun recruiting in NCAA 11.