PDA

View Full Version : After Week #11, who should be #1? (2010)

cdj
11-14-2010, 10:54 AM
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA11/TCUfumble.jpg

Boise State had an easy time with in-state rival Idaho, but Auburn, Oregon, and TCU all had to hold off strong challenges this past weekend. As the season quickly winds down, who should be #1?

- Auburn
- Boise State
- Oregon
- TCU
- Other

JeffHCross
11-14-2010, 11:23 AM
Sticking to my guns with TCU. I'm still more impressed by them than the other contenders. They almost let one get away from them though.

morsdraconis
11-14-2010, 11:58 AM
There's no way anyone has played as well as Boise State has over the past couple weeks.

Oregon almost lost to shitty Cal

TCU almost lost to San Diego State and their big win over Utah looks meaningless now with Utah getting bitchslapped by Notre Dame

Auburn has never impressed me and have beat up on a bunch of overrated SEC teams so far (and played poorly against quite a few of them)

Meanwhile, Boise State continues to get screwed in every poll because of their shitty conference.

JBHuskers
11-14-2010, 12:14 PM
A shitty Cal would smoke Idaho just like Boise did. I have a lot of stock in San Diego State, I said at the beginning of the week that this was the game to watch. This week's ranking is easy nothing really drastic happening to shift anyone.

1. Oregon (--)
2. TCU (--)
3. Boise State (--)
4. Auburn (--)
5. Wisconsin (--)
6. Stanford (--)
7. Nebraska (--)
8. LSU (--)
9. Ohio State (--)
10. Oklahoma State (--)

Best of the rest: Virginia Tech, Michigan State, Alabama, Arkansas, Nevada

Coachdenz
11-14-2010, 04:31 PM
Auburn will never make to the BSC championship game ( without Cam).......Cam may have played his last game......just remember if true you heard it here 1st.

Rudy
11-15-2010, 04:41 AM
I'm going Auburn #1.

Auburn
Boise St.
Oregon
TCU

Tough one though. The Iron Bowl will show what Auburn is made of.

CLW
11-19-2010, 09:52 AM
Oregon but if Auburn beats Alabama and South Carolina to win the SEC title they prob go to #1.

The interesting thing about all of this is we could be looking at a Stripped National Title with the Newton situation.

JeffHCross
11-19-2010, 04:58 PM
The interesting thing about all of this is we could be looking at a Stripped National Title with the Newton situation.I can't remember who I was reading the other day, but people are saying that, sooner or later, Newton is going to be declared ineligible. It's more likely to be "later", which means we're at least headed for a scenario where the team playing in the SEC title game is rendered ineligible.

Rudy
11-20-2010, 04:24 AM
Stewart Mandel wrote that Auburn is really playing with fire. Most teams sit potential problems and wait for the ruling from the NCAA. Auburn is just playing him which could result in harsher penalties if the NCAA rules Auburn should have known he would be declared ineligible. I have to think most Auburn fans are willing to take the risk to win it all, even if it gets stripped later. But it certainly looks like his dad solicited money and even if he didn't take any money and even if Cam didn't know about it (allegedly) I would have to think the NCAA would come down on Cam. Seriously, if the NCAA were to simply allow any dad out there to solicit offers and just say their kid didn't know about it would open a pandora's box full of corruption.

JeffHCross
11-20-2010, 11:49 AM
Well, I don't know if it's fair to say they're playing with fire. I don't think it really matters to the NCAA whether Auburn should have known or not ... if the NCAA finds out weeks, months, years down the line that he was ineligible ... he'll be ineligible. And every game he played in will be forfeit.

At this point, Auburn's entire season would be toast anyway. So why not keep playing him?