PDA

View Full Version : Online Game disconnects when one offense/defense takes the field

gschwendt
11-12-2010, 01:36 PM
Has anyone ever had an experience like this:

Arkansas State (gschwendt) and Temple (fsuprime) are matched up in a bowl game together. Apparently the game doesn't want Arkansas State to play offense or Temple to play defense. Probably 10 times prime & tried to play and every single time, the game would crash as soon as my offense took the field after a kickoff. The first handful of times, I received a kick and returned it, then we both call a play and as soon as we broke the huddle, bam it's done. So then we tried it where prime took the opening kickoff, his offense took the field and did fine, in fact scored on their opening drive; after the ensuing kick, as soon as my offense breaks the huddle, bam it's done.

We tried all sorts of things from rebooting routers to rebooting PS3s to removing any strange subs on my offense or his defense and even tried changing my offensive playbook... nothing.

Anyone have any experience like this?

morsdraconis
11-12-2010, 02:59 PM
Is it a Teambuilder team?

Maybe try dropping both of you as users and then rejoining.

Other then that, I haven't the slightest clue what could be causing the issue. Definitely a new one there.

psuexv
11-12-2010, 03:08 PM
Can you sim in user vs user games? If so try simming the 1st play, maybe you can get past the glitch.

gschwendt
11-12-2010, 03:35 PM
Is it a Teambuilder team?

Maybe try dropping both of you as users and then rejoining.

Other then that, I haven't the slightest clue what could be causing the issue. Definitely a new one there.Neither are TeamBuilder teams.

Can you sim in user vs user games? If so try simming the 1st play, maybe you can get past the glitch.
Pretty sure you can't super-sim in a user game.

Solidice
11-12-2010, 04:12 PM
there were 2 people in one of my ODs that had a similar problem. they tried over 10 times in a week span with no luck and eventually just let it sim(by advancing on), it was a bowl game as well.

me and JB couldn't even start our game in season 2, event though we played 2 times the season before without any trouble, though that appears to be a separate issue to this.

gschwendt
11-12-2010, 06:38 PM
We were finally able to get connected. Our first attempt later this afternoon dc'd as players were lining up for the kickoff. On the the next attempt, I told him to unplug his headset (didn't have one plugged in myself) and also, at the playcall screen for kickoff, he paused the game. Not sure which one fixed it but we were able to play completely through that attempt with very little lag.