PDA

View Full Version : What do you like most about NCAA Football 11 & More

cdj
11-12-2010, 01:11 PM
You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?293-What-do-you-like-most-about-NCAA-Football-11-amp-More

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/misc/NCAAFootballTwitter.jpg
This week on the official NCAA Football 11 Twitter account, the dev team continues to engage the community for some quick feedback, asking: "What do you like most about NCAA Football 11? (http://twitter.com/#!/NCAAFootball11/status/2740907291975680)"

So far, community responses include Online Dynasty, Road to Glory, graphics, the Nike Pro Combat uniforms, and more. After you reply to the team on Twitter, share your responses here with the community.

Click Read More for info on updates to the Dynasty Export feature and a current look at sales for NCAA Football 11.

- Continuing to show support for the NCAA Football community, the development team has added some improvements for the Dynasty Export feature they added post-release to the Dynasty Wire website. Click here (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?1064-NCAA-Football-11-Online-Dynasty-Data-Exports&p=29954&viewfull=1#post29954) to see the list of fixes.

- As pointed out by community member Rudy (aka rudyjuly2), NCAA Football has surpassed 1M in sales (http://www.vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=ncaa%20football%2011) across all three platforms it is available on.

Rudy
11-12-2010, 02:48 PM
I think the running game, reading the holes, cutbacks are all really good in NCAA 11. I like the cpu no huddles and new option blocking. The option game is a lot better although the read option still needs work. I like the new recruiting system as well and I love the recruiting difficulty options. Those are a huge improvement as it makes playing with a big program fun and not so boring.

morsdraconis
11-12-2010, 03:07 PM
Wow, only a 1 million? That's pretty awful... I would have figured it would have been more.

AustinWolv
11-12-2010, 03:09 PM
Running game and blocking.

cdj
11-12-2010, 03:18 PM
Wow, only a 1 million? That's pretty awful... I would have figured it would have been more.

It'll probably get another push around Black Friday and then bowl season. To date (15 months), NCAA 10 has sold 2.2M, but that had a PSP version and more users still on PS2. I'd like to compare the NG versions timeframe vs. timeframe to get a better picture. Last I checked, first week sales were down from last year, but after that each week had increased though I haven't looked at weekly numbers in a while. Some drop wouldn't be surprising given what UFC Undisputed and Tiger Woods PGA Tour experienced.

cdj
11-12-2010, 03:21 PM
I responded with: Online Dynasty, Locomotion, ESPN Integration, Formation Subs, and Team Entrances....to name a few.

Though, I could have swapped any of those for Recruiting, blocking, and no huddle system. They added a lot of nice stuff in 11.

Rudy
11-12-2010, 06:26 PM
First week sales on the PS3 were up although NCAA 11 is only about 60% of last year's sales overall. It's impossible to say if that is a good or bad number because the holiday season is still big for EA. After the holidays and the college bowl season I would expect most game sales to dry up and we'll have real numbers.

jaymo76
11-12-2010, 09:16 PM
Formation subs, team entrances, and ESPN presentation are the most impressive things this year. However, formation subs is by far and away, #1. I look forward to seeing more entrances and even more ESPN integration for NCAA 12.

Plus, :reeses: we can't foreget the perfect combo of chocolate and peantu butter

JeffHCross
11-12-2010, 09:53 PM
Last I checked, first week sales were down from last yearFirst week sales were up, year-over-year, for the next gen consoles, but down if you include the PS2.

cdj
11-13-2010, 09:14 AM
First week sales were up, year-over-year, for the next gen consoles, but down if you include the PS2.

You're right. IIRC, 360 was slightly down but PS3 was WAY up for a plus overall on NG. I should have looked before I spoke. :P

souljahbill
11-13-2010, 10:23 AM
I LOVED running the ball when the game was first released. Now, not so much. I'd love to be able to run that rock like I used to again.

JeffHCross
11-13-2010, 12:29 PM
You're right. IIRC, 360 was slightly down but PS3 was WAY up for a plus overall on NG. I should have looked before I spoke. :PI spent some time looking last night. First week sales were up, but only by about 10k or so, if my calculations were right. However, second week sales were down DRASTICALLY. And that continued afterwards.

JBHuskers
11-13-2010, 01:57 PM
Well Madden 10 sold 5M, Madden 11 is at 2.5M....UFC had a decline, Tiger had a decline.

On the contrary, Fallout New Vegas outsold Fallout 3 in week one.

I think overall less people are buying games this year when it comes to yearly titles.

JeffHCross
11-13-2010, 02:06 PM
Well Madden 10 sold 5M, Madden 11 is at 2.5M....UFC had a decline, Tiger had a decline. Agreed. The guys on Utopia have taken NCAA and Madden's decline being a commentary on those two games being "worse" this year. I think all sports games have had a decline this year, and for practically the entire current generation. You can read this as the quality being lower, but I think that people are just moving away from sports games. More kids are playing the CoD games than Madden, I'm sure. I know that when I was in middle school, practically the only game I'd get before Christmas was NCAA and maybe one other. Now kids are wanting the CoD or Halo games on release day ... and the sports games are just getting ignored.

souljahbill
11-13-2010, 02:48 PM
Agreed. The guys on Utopia have taken NCAA and Madden's decline being a commentary on those two games being "worse" this year. I think all sports games have had a decline this year, ...........
I'm sure them not buying the game anymore effects sales also.

Rudy
11-13-2010, 09:48 PM
After not liking NCAA 10 very much I think NCAA 11 made a lot of good strides this year. It still has a ways to go to start being talked about like NBA 2K10 or the Show but hopefully it will get there. I really want to be able to watch a game and have it look and feel like a real college game. The AI and animations just aren't there yet, especially for the spread. The Show this year had improved sales overall so not every sports game is seeing a decline.