PDA

View Full Version : JBHuskers' 2010 MLB Predictions

JBHuskers
05-17-2010, 06:42 PM
Here is what I had predicted before the season started:

Last year was so-so, not as good as 2008 in terms of predictions. Here's the quick predictions....

AL EAST
1. New York
2. Tampa Bay
3. Boston
4. Baltimore
5. Toronto

AL CENTRAL
1. Detroit
2. Chicago
3. Kansas City
4. Minnesota
5. Cleveland

AL WEST
1. Texas
2. Seattle*
3. Los Angeles
4. Oakland

NL East
1. Philadelphia
2. Atlanta
3. Florida
4. New York
5. Washington

NL Central
1. St. Louis
2. Milwaukee*
3. Chicago
4. Cincinnati
5. Pittsburgh
6. Houston

NL West
1. San Francisco
2. Colorado
3. Los Angeles
4. Arizona
5. San Diego

Wild Card
New York d. Seattle
Texas d. Detroit
St. Louis d. San Francisco
Philadelphia d. Milwuakee

LCS
New York d. Texas
St. Louis d. Philadelphia

World Series
St. Louis d. New York

texacotea
05-17-2010, 06:53 PM
Think Atlanta will finish second? They just not started scoring some runs. pitching is good and have the tools to but Florida is playing well right now.

And I think whoever is 2nd in the AL east will be the wild card out of the AL. That division is really a 2 horse race, Boston has fell off and the other 2 really dont poise a threat to either of them. I really only following those 2 divisions but I will look over the rest tom @ work and chime in

steelerfan
05-17-2010, 07:32 PM
5. Pittsburgh
6. Houston

Sadly, this is accurate. My (L)Astros have fallen so far that they are being picked behind Pittsburgh. The good news for me is that I have a bet with another Astros fan from the local drinking establishment that what JB predicts is what will happen. If their futility can't do anything else, I may as well make a little $ on it. ;)

Rudy
05-17-2010, 10:21 PM
Detroit in first place! I like your thinking. They made some big moves this weekend and Carlos Guillen will be a second basemen when he comes off the DL. The rookie Boesch is looking good.

JBHuskers
05-17-2010, 10:39 PM
Think Atlanta will finish second? They just not started scoring some runs. pitching is good and have the tools to but Florida is playing well right now.

And I think whoever is 2nd in the AL east will be the wild card out of the AL. That division is really a 2 horse race, Boston has fell off and the other 2 really dont poise a threat to either of them. I really only following those 2 divisions but I will look over the rest tom @ work and chime in

Preseason I just liked them more than the other three. My thinking was more along the lines that Philly may be the only team above .500.

JBHuskers
05-17-2010, 10:41 PM
Detroit in first place! I like your thinking. They made some big moves this weekend and Carlos Guillen will be a second basemen when he comes off the DL. The rookie Boesch is looking good.

Yeah I had Detroit up high last year with their lineup and pitching staff, and it was a bad pick. I figured I'd pick them again considering I really only saw Minnesota challenging them, but when Nathan was lost right before I did the predictions, I knocked them down a couple notches.

Flav
05-17-2010, 10:41 PM
The way Miguel Cabrera is playing right now.. WOW!