PDA

View Full Version : Drive-thru adult toy shop opens in Alabama

JBHuskers
11-11-2010, 10:46 AM
Huntsville - There is a large, lit-up menu at a new drive-thru in Alabama but it doesn’t list food products. It includes items such as vibrators and lubricants, which customers can now pick up at a window, packaged inside a paper bag.
“It’s a new level of privacy, and it feels good to give something back to the community,” Sherri Williams, owner of the adult store Pleasures was quoted as saying in a news release.

She has been operating Pleasures shops for almost 20 years, and said the new store is the first in the U.S. to sell adult toys through a drive-thru window.

The store, which is located at a busy intersection, has three drive-thru lanes.
It does not sell adult videos, but does have an upscale clothing boutique, and will be giving away condoms as a public service. An intimacy clinic, offering seminars, workshops, marriage counselling and a sexual health library, are also part of the new location.

Williams was involved in a legal battle to try to overturn Alabama's ban on sex toys, but the U.S. Supreme Court chose not to hear the case and the Alabama court upheld the ban. Williams said the state is the only one which still has such a ban in place.

Adult toys can be sold if they are for a “medical, scientific, educational, legislative, judicial or law enforcement purpose" :D :D :D :D so customers at Pleasures must check a box on a piece of paper, indicating that they are purchasing the item for one of these purposes.

"The real essence of what I'm trying to get across is adult stores don't have to be hidden in back alleys," Williams told The Huntsville Times, "Obviously we wouldn't be doing as well as we are if no one enjoyed shopping here."

psuexv
11-11-2010, 12:06 PM
This reminds me of the drive thru daiquiri places I saw when I was in New Orleans, no DUI laws there I guess.

Cajun’s love their alcohol, and they love it fast. If you ever had any doubt, then look no further than one of our greatest innovations…the Drive Through Daiquiri Shop. Just pull up in your car or truck and order a daiquiri off the menu. You can choose an individual or even gallon-sized portions. Next, you pay the attendant, who passes you your drinks in a large styrofoam cup through the drivers side window. That’s all there is to it!

http://stuffcajunpeoplelike.wordpress.com/2008/04/03/12-drive-through-daiquiri-shops/

steelerfan
11-11-2010, 12:30 PM
There are a few drive thru daiquiri type places in my area too. Lol.

I want to know how buying anal beads could be for "law enforcement purposes". Wait, nevermind. No, I don't.

JBHuskers
11-11-2010, 12:40 PM
There are a few drive thru daiquiri type places in my area too. Lol.

I want to know how buying anal beads could be for "law enforcement purposes". Wait, nevermind. No, I don't.

Yes you do. Don't lie.

steelerfan
11-11-2010, 12:42 PM
Yes you do. Don't lie.

Good cop, bad cop?

Kingpin32
11-11-2010, 01:54 PM
Cops are starting to go anal over this stuff.

psuexv
11-11-2010, 01:59 PM
Interrogation tactics?

JBHuskers
11-11-2010, 02:08 PM
Employee: "why do you need to purchase this ball gag"

Customer: "uhhhhhh to help with my sleep apnea"

Employee: "thank you, drive thru"

steelerfan
11-11-2010, 03:08 PM
Employee: "why do you need to purchase this ball gag"

Customer: "uhhhhhh to help with my sleep apnea"