PDA

View Full Version : Musberger

AustinWolv
05-17-2010, 04:56 PM
This guy sucks. Can't the big-wigs find someone else?
I think he has always wanted to be Keith Jackson, when Keith was in his prime.
Musberger gets names wrong, obviously don't prepare for games because I've heard multiple games that he's gotten team 'insider' information wrong (like he basically pulled up Google and found gossip to use as the real story), and he tries to dramatize things.

Chris Spielman puts Musberger to shame. More Spielman.

Flav
05-17-2010, 05:08 PM
Best thing in the world "You are looking live..."

JBHuskers
05-17-2010, 05:39 PM
....and to think, after community day and word got out that some things were changing in the commentary, so many people were screaming to put Musberger in the game....F*** NO!!!!!!

Rudy
05-17-2010, 05:57 PM
I like Brent! I think him and Herbie do a really good job. I really like Nessler and Mike Patrick as play by play guys too. Verne Lundquist is a nice pair with Danielson who I think is one of the best. I think college football has a lot of good announcers but I hate Millen. He lost all credibility with his stint with the Lions and he tries to disect every game as though he's scouting for the NFL draft. I'm not a big fan of Spielman although he has improved.

joshuahuskers
05-17-2010, 06:34 PM
I actually don't mind Brent. He has a good voice. He's a stooge at times, like when he said "young Pryor" a gazillion times during the Rose Bowl, but he's Okay.

Also, the Brent Musburger drinking game is where it's at. :p

JBHuskers
05-17-2010, 06:39 PM
There's a reason why there is a Musberger drinking game LOL ..... well a few. Verne is AWESOME, when the Tiger Team announced new announcers, I was hoping Verne was going to join McCord and Fehrety. To me for some reason Mike Patrick has fallen off somewhat since the days of Sunday Night Football on ESPN.

texacotea
05-17-2010, 06:40 PM
I hate hearing "your watching the kid grow up before your eyes" I would cast my vote for Jackson

AustinWolv
05-17-2010, 06:44 PM
Herbie is pretty solid; he's trying too hard at times to be a spark personality like Corso it seems.

Spielman is good because he talks football, not hyperbole. And he carries his enthusiasm for the game.

Kwizzy
05-18-2010, 09:16 AM
I think my favorite was Keith Jackson. I have always just associated his voice with college football.

JBHuskers
05-18-2010, 09:51 AM
nothing like WHOOOOOOOOA NELLY!

Iron Dragon
05-18-2010, 03:03 PM
Keith Jackson is College Football.

joshuahuskers
05-18-2010, 05:40 PM
Well Duh, Keith Jackson will always be #1. Herbstreit is good, but he does color commentary, not play-by-play. There is a difference.

cdj
05-19-2010, 07:13 AM
Brent is OK, but his player pet names are too much at times. 'Young Pryor,' for example. Big 12 guys probably remember how many times he said "The Major!" when referring to former UT QB Major Applewhite.

pbplayer178
05-19-2010, 11:27 AM
I like Musberger. I think him and Herbstreit are the best pair on ESPN right now

AustinWolv
05-19-2010, 01:25 PM
'Right now' could be used as a key description there.

Quality is way down if that is the case.

Deuce
05-19-2010, 01:37 PM
I might need to post this on The 'guilty pleasures' thread but I really like Pam Ward. I found myself watching the ESPN 2 games just b/c of her. Nothing fancy about her...just pure football. Usually when someone is 'the first' they try too hard and she seems to do it her own way.

AustinWolv
05-19-2010, 01:58 PM
You know, I don't mind her. A bit dry/monotone, but I too would rather listen to one of the games she is doing instead of Musty.

Deuce
05-19-2010, 02:08 PM
You know, I don't mind her. A bit dry/monotone, but I too would rather listen to one of the games she is doing instead of Musty.

Funny you mention that. I think that's why I like her. When she does get excited it sounds genuine. Other commentators just end up sounding like bad actors when they try too hard.

BlindRedBaron
05-19-2010, 02:45 PM
Ok, I absolutely HATE Brent... Heck, I hate the whole ESPN crew. They are ALWAYS so darn opinionated and they do a horrible job hiding it. I mean really, just tell me what's going on... don't tell me why the 2005 USC Trojans are God's grace on earth.

But, with that being said... I'd love to have him in the video game. He has a voice and comments synonymous to the past decade of college football. His quirky lines like "you are looking live..." kind of get me going. And, best of all, in a game; he won't always be biased towards SEC teams, Ohio State, and USC.

What you get in a game is the voice and a couple of catch phrases. And personally, I'd like to hear Brent in an NCAA football game, he'll bring some of the gravity to the game that it deserves.

joshuahuskers
05-19-2010, 10:16 PM
I might need to post this on The 'guilty pleasures' thread but I really like Pam Ward. I found myself watching the ESPN 2 games just b/c of her. Nothing fancy about her...just pure football. Usually when someone is 'the first' they try too hard and she seems to do it her own way.

Recant! I absolutely can not stand to watch "The Pam Ward Special" on ESPN2 Saturday morning. Just drives me CRAZY. I'll even watch a worse game if it is on before I listen to her...either that or watch on mute...or sleep in so I don't have to deal with it at all. You disappoint me, sir.

Deuce
05-19-2010, 10:26 PM
Recant! I absolutely can not stand to watch "The Pam Ward Special" on ESPN2 Saturday morning. Just drives me CRAZY. I'll even watch a worse game if it is on before I listen to her...either that or watch on mute...or sleep in so I don't have to deal with it at all. You disappoint me, sir.

:D Sorry to disappoint! Maybe its that pesky *** gene coming out in me?

Rudy
05-20-2010, 05:41 AM
Pam Ward should sell advertising for her forehead. It's huge!