PDA

View Full Version : Help defending the I Form Tackle Over

Pogo
11-09-2010, 06:23 PM
Hey guys this is my first post here; I hope you can help me out. So my buddy uses the Stanford playbook and uses the same play over and over. The formation is I - FORM: TACKLE OVER. The play is HB TOSS. He sets the TEMPO to AGGRESSIVE and runs a NO HUDDLE (Sameplay) I never had experienced this before so I tried all sorts of blitzes, containment's even covers to see if I could stop him. TD every play or the 1st down. I was calling Engage Eight and blitzing the other saftey who was in coverage, and he was still gaining yards. If I bring the Safety up he audibles to a play action pass. If I shift my line or linebackers he audibles to run to the opposite side, before I can shift back. He’s an average player at best but finding this gem has made him almost UNSTOPPABLE. I’ve tried 3-4, 4-2-5, and 3-3-5 without much success. ANY, suggestions on stopping this are most appreciated.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
11-09-2010, 10:38 PM
go Dime Normal pinch line and crash them out, press DB's, and blitz one of the deep safeties, and user the other... thats going to give you 6 blitzing, but a 7th coming as soon as its recognized as a run (7th man coming is the guy who has the TB in man coverage) running Dime Normal gives you athletes to keep contain, and allows you to attack from space, which is a lot of what im doing in my 3-3-5 this year... the man coverage is "better" so it allows for good press situational blitzing especially vs the run... hope that helps... if not... and this is your buddy that you are playing head to head, just throw your controller down and punch him in the nuts for running the same play over and over... =)

"E"