PDA

View Full Version : Wheel of Fortune Wiz

psuexv
11-09-2010, 09:03 AM
I love Sajak's reaction when she asks to solve the puzzle... he just doesn't even know what to say.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/8118949/US-woman-solves-Wheel-of-Fortune-puzzle-with-just-one-letter-revealed.html

JBHuskers
11-09-2010, 09:51 AM
That's sick. I've done it before but not on a huge puzzle like that LOL Here's my favorite Wheel of Fortune moment (pay attention to Pat's reaction)

http://www.bestweekever.tv/2008-06-06/icymi-wheel-of-salad-tossing/

psusnoop
11-09-2010, 10:26 AM
:D:D:D

gschwendt
11-09-2010, 10:41 AM
I hate to be "that guy", but I wonder what the possibility of this being staged might be? I say that because, before today, when is the last time anyone talked about Wheel of Fortune?

psuexv
11-09-2010, 10:43 AM
I can totally see that. However I think Pat's reaction when she asks to solve the puzzle is the key. He's dumbfounded and doesn't have a response. Unless he wasn't in on it to make it more real.

psusnoop
11-09-2010, 11:31 AM
I could see that being staged as well, I mean what better way to drive traffic then to have something like this getting gobbled up by the media like it has. It's everywhere right now......

steelerfan
11-09-2010, 11:47 AM
The part that seems fishy to me is her asking if she can solve it (as if she doesn't know she can) and then she mutters that it's a prize puzzle or whatever as if to convince everyone that solving it is the right strategical move.

JeffHCross
11-09-2010, 11:32 PM
The part that seems fishy to me is her asking if she can solve it (as if she doesn't know she can) and then she mutters that it's a prize puzzle or whatever as if to convince everyone that solving it is the right strategical move.Eh ... I've watched a lot of Wheel of Fortune over the years (I'm a Sony Card member, so I have a "chance" at 50k every episode), and people will do very strange things for the prize puzzles. I read it as less strategy and more "it can't hurt, can it?"

I've also seen a lot of people who obviously knew what the puzzle was hit bankrupt before they solved it, so it's definitely Risk/Reward.

JBHuskers
11-10-2010, 08:45 AM
Yeah....this isn't the first assumption of cheating. For years, starting back in the late 80's lots of people were making the assumption that Sajak had a brake by his foot for the wheel.

JeffHCross
11-10-2010, 06:08 PM
That rumor definitely hasn't ever gone away. Though I've seen enough times where they've done $5,000 per letter on the Final Spin (and then they add 1k on top of that) that I find it hard to believe. I mean, who would willingly cost their company $6,000 per letter?